PDA

View Full Version : Madden NFL 13 Achievements.

NatureBoy
07-23-2012, 11:14 PM
There are 42 achievements with a total of 1000 points. To take a look at all of the achievements, click on the link below.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/madden-nfl-13/achievements/

I OU a Beatn
07-23-2012, 11:19 PM
Those are just gross. Time consuming achievements based on modes I don't care about? Awesome. Let's hope the online ranking system in Madden isn't completely broken like in NCAA '13 or getting those online points will literally be impossible.

SmoothPancakes
07-24-2012, 03:13 AM
Would the dumbasses at Madden stop putting this dumb MUT and Online shit in the achievements? I don't give a shit about MUT, I don't give a shit about playing Online Ranked games. Thanks Madden team, you just fucked me out of getting 15-20 achievements because you insist on putting in dumbass achievements tied to those modes. Thank god I have no desire to buy Madden this year, since 1000 gamerscore would be impossible because of those dumbass achievements.

Rudy
07-24-2012, 04:42 AM
I agree with you guys. About 90% of those things I will never get because I don't play online, MUT or superstar mode.

I hate how the offline franchise guy gets ignored more and more. Why not have franchise achievements like getting 50 wins in franchise mode? Scoring 50 passing TDs or 50 rushing TDs? Running for 1500 yards in a season with a single player or throwing for 4000+ yards in a season. Realistic goals that you can get by simply playing the game over a period of time.

SmoothPancakes
07-24-2012, 05:14 AM
Yep, just like one of the statements by one of the Madden guys, online is the future of sports games. Great, have a ball, just don't screw over or leave us offline guys in the rear view mirror. We still matter too.

They could make every single achievement about Online Ranked games or MUT or whatever stupid crap they want to, I'm still not going to give a single damn about MUT or Online Ranked games. I haven't played an Online Ranked game in NCAA or Madden since the PS2 days and never will for as long as I game. So I don't like being forced to have to if I wanted 1000 gamerscore for Madden.

Keep the achievements general and stop making them specific like that. I won't even play a single Online Ranked game, and would never play Online Ranked games so many times as to score 600 points. Same with the career achievements. While it's similar as the Heisman Challenge achievements, now I have to create and play multiple years with a LB, a CB, a DL, a TE, a WR, a RB, a QB, I don't have time for all that crap.

And I just saw an achievement I had never noticed when looking earlier. Now this is a truly fucking stupid achievement.

Smart Mouth 25 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png
Complete a successful pre-play adjustment using Kinect (no SuperSim, OTP or co-op).

REALLY?! Now I have to piss away $130 for a damn Kinect sensor just to get a damn achievement. EA and Madden have some of the most dumbass achievements in gaming.

I OU a Beatn
07-24-2012, 09:54 AM
I don't mind the online achievements. I'll get those, but like I said, only assuming if their ranking system works. In NCAA they broke it. You lose 7-12 points for each loss, but only gain like 1 or 2 points for a win, so you will never rank up unless you win 8 or so in a row.

Didn't see the Kinect one, but that's some massive bullshit.

skipwondah33
07-24-2012, 10:03 AM
I haven't cared about achievements in a game yet..except for TW 11. I actually tried to get all the achievements in that game..only because I was racing JB.

Other than that I haven't paid attention to a single achievement in a game and won't do this one either. Only way I could possibly see me doing so is after I got extremely bored with the game which I'm always in leagues for until the next release so unlikely.

JeffHCross
07-24-2012, 08:28 PM
Hey guys, you know, you don't have to get the achievements if they're not modes you play ;) Related: NHL 13 is just as bad.

( Yes, I know, Pot meet Kettle, I've whined about this before too )

skipwondah33
07-24-2012, 08:37 PM
lol

beartide06
07-25-2012, 12:31 AM
I'm with you guys, these achievements are a joke. I guess they put in some of these MUT achievements in hopes that people will spend more money to purchase packs and what not.

SmoothPancakes
07-25-2012, 04:11 AM
Hey guys, you know, you don't have to get the achievements if they're not modes you play ;) Related: NHL 13 is just as bad.

( Yes, I know, Pot meet Kettle, I've whined about this before too )

I know, but Madden and NCAA are the two games I always try to get 100% on. Thanks to EA, Madden is now a game I can't get 100% on because they're forcing me to play MUT (which I will either have to invest massive amounts of time in, or as they probably hope, dump money into to get to 85 OVR quickly), and forcing me to play Online, which is equally stupid. There are a lot of people who refuse to play Online, why punish us by not being able to get achievements because we don't play online? And the Kinect sensor one is the worst. Now you're probably punishing, I'm guessing, at least a majority of your customers because we refuse to buy the Kinect.

When you make achievements tied to certain modes like MUT (basically EA trying to make easy money doing that) and Online, it's going against the original point of achievements. The performance achievements, I'm fine with. But don't tie them to specific modes that people either don't play, refuse to play, or can't play (Kinect), because now you're making it impossible for them to get 100% of they want it. If I wanted to subject myself to the bullshit that is MUT and Online, then I could consider it. But unless I can find a friend with Kinect, I will never be able to 100% Madden 13, because I don't own a Kinect and I refuse to piss away $130 JUST for an achievement.

souljahbill
07-25-2012, 07:14 AM
I know, but Madden and NCAA are the two games I always try to get 100% on. Thanks to EA, Madden is now a game I can't get 100% on because they're forcing me to play MUT (which I will either have to invest massive amounts of time in, or as they probably hope, dump money into to get to 85 OVR quickly), and forcing me to play Online, which is equally stupid. There are a lot of people who refuse to play Online, why punish us by not being able to get achievements because we don't play online? And the Kinect sensor one is the worst. Now you're probably punishing, I'm guessing, at least a majority of your customers because we refuse to buy the Kinect.

When you make achievements tied to certain modes like MUT (basically EA trying to make easy money doing that) and Online, it's going against the original point of achievements. The performance achievements, I'm fine with. But don't tie them to specific modes that people either don't play, refuse to play, or can't play (Kinect), because now you're making it impossible for them to get 100% of they want it. If I wanted to subject myself to the bullshit that is MUT and Online, then I could consider it. But unless I can find a friend with Kinect, I will never be able to 100% Madden 13, because I don't own a Kinect and I refuse to piss away $130 JUST for an achievement.

To be fair to the Kinect, Dance Central is pretty fun and Kibect is a pretty cool dashboard navigator.

SmoothPancakes
07-25-2012, 08:18 AM
To be fair to the Kinect, Dance Central is pretty fun and Kibect is a pretty cool dashboard navigator.

I'm sure the Kinect is probably fun for a lot of people. For me, I don't know, I've just never really cared about it too much, and I would probably use it so rarely that the $130 cost would be a waste of money for me. Ultimately, it's still stupid of EA to put an accessory specific achievement in a game, where only a certain percentage of people are going to even own that accessory.

souljahbill
07-25-2012, 09:29 AM
Did I really type Kibect? LOL!

skipwondah33
07-25-2012, 09:31 AM
I wondered what the hell that was too lol

skipwondah33
07-25-2012, 09:35 AM
On another note I just found out that ESPN isn't doing the ratings revel like they have in the past for Madden 13 this year. Always looked forward to that every year.

SmoothPancakes
07-25-2012, 10:46 AM
I heard that EA was doing their own thing for ratings this year, thus no ESPN involvement with it.

skipwondah33
07-25-2012, 10:50 AM
I heard that EA was doing their own thing for ratings this year, thus no ESPN involvement with it.Oh ok

Hopefully it's similar and not some video made reveal type deal.

I OU a Beatn
07-25-2012, 06:52 PM
The ratings were already leaked if you would like me to post them. It's just the overall numbers, though.

Rudy
07-25-2012, 06:52 PM
I used to always remember going to ESPN to check the ratings. The first batch is usually pretty rough in spots for the players that aren't known very well. I know when I look at the Dolphins there will be a pretty decent amount of guys that are off in both directions. Tough job to do but they better darn well do a great job this year since we can't used edited rosters in CC. I'd usually tweak guys on the Dolphins to make sure the depth charts are right so they need to do it for me now. I'm going to be all over Donny Moore to get them right. If David Garrard is ranked behind Matt Moore on the first download he's not paying attention enough.

jaymo76
07-25-2012, 07:28 PM
I used to always remember going to ESPN to check the ratings. The first batch is usually pretty rough in spots for the players that aren't known very well. I know when I look at the Dolphins there will be a pretty decent amount of guys that are off in both directions. Tough job to do but they better darn well do a great job this year since we can't used edited rosters in CC. I'd usually tweak guys on the Dolphins to make sure the depth charts are right so they need to do it for me now. I'm going to be all over Donny Moore to get them right. If David Garrard is ranked behind Matt Moore on the first download he's not paying attention enough.

No editing or changing of ratings will make a lot of this game very frustrating. Hence why I am probably sticking with NCAA. Speaking of NCAA Rudy, did you decide against buying? I haven't seen you post on the topic in a while.

Rudy
07-25-2012, 09:41 PM
Definitely passing on NCAA 13. It's just too rough and unpolished. Some things are nice but the cpu AI still needs a lot of work. It seems like 15% of the plays the cpu runs on offense and defense are bone headed. Madden was far more polished last year and I expect the same to be true for M13 along with the Infinity engine. In many ways I think EA's NCAA Football is of the same quality as MLB 2K. Both games do some nice things but are rough, unpolished and buggy with just enough annoying things to piss you off. The good things always lead you to say "If only they fixed ...." but the follow up game never comes through.

I haven't posted much about it because I've made my decision to pass and I don't want to annoy the guys that like the game with constant complaining. I have voiced my concerns, accepted my decision and moved on. What I want focused on and changed in NCAA Football are just different from the desires of the current dev team.

skipwondah33
07-25-2012, 09:56 PM
No editing or changing of ratings will make a lot of this game very frustrating. Hence why I am probably sticking with NCAA. Speaking of NCAA Rudy, did you decide against buying? I haven't seen you post on the topic in a while.

NCAA is pretty rough right now. I'd definitely leave editing ratings and players out for a game that isn't as rough as NCAA is right now.

Not saying Madden won't have it's problems but there a ton in NCAA

I OU a Beatn
08-26-2012, 06:26 PM
Damn, looking at those Madden online achievements now, that's going to take a lot of time. 600 points is basically 50 wins with no losses, so it'll take some time to get to level 9. I've been getting about 12 or 13 points per victory. I was level 12 last year I believe, so I shouldn't have much trouble, but I know a lot of you guys wont like it.

SmoothPancakes
08-26-2012, 06:42 PM
Damn, looking at those Madden online achievements now, that's going to take a lot of time. 600 points is basically 50 wins with no losses, so it'll take some time to get to level 9. I've been getting about 12 or 13 points per victory. I was level 12 last year I believe, so I shouldn't have much trouble, but I know a lot of you guys wont like it.

Even if I end up buying Madden next summer to achievement whore, I'm not even going to bother trying. Waste of my time. Thanks a lot EA.

cdj
08-26-2012, 07:01 PM

I'm pretty sure those trophies are for points scored, not reaching the online level. I can see how the listing is confusing, but I achieved the 'Online Level 2' trophy (score 50 points) after playing just three games online (2-1) and and scoring 17-28 each game.

I OU a Beatn
08-26-2012, 07:12 PM
Hm, that would make the wording make more sense. That isn't so bad then. 600 points should be achieved within 25 or 30 games for just about anyone.

NatureBoy
08-26-2012, 10:57 PM
I don't play MUT and very seldom play online unless it's someone from my friend's list. From the looks of the achievements list, I doubt I will be getting too many this year.