PDA

View Full Version : Week 5, 2012

Oneback
07-23-2012, 09:06 PM
=============== #14 Texas Longhorns (2-0) ===============
Last week the Longhorns were idle.
This week, the Longhorns will host Baylor (2-2).
In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) WR Lamar Johnson has committed to Texas

=============== #1 Alabama Crimson Tide (3-0) ===============
Last week, Alabama won 35-10 against Arkansas (1-2).
This week, the Crimson Tide are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Alabama targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) C Brian Thomas has committed to Auburn

=============== #2 LSU Tigers (2-0) ===============
Last week, LSU won 52-3 against Tulane (0-2).
This week, the Tigers will host #24 Auburn (1-1).
In recruiting news, the following LSU targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) WR Lamar Johnson has committed to Texas
- (***) K Matt Smith has committed to LSU

=============== #23 Ohio State Buckeyes (2-2) ===============
Last week, Ohio State lost 38-31 against Nebraska (1-1).
This week, the Buckeyes will host UAB (1-0).
In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) DT Ross Barrow has committed to Wisconsin

=============== #18 Oklahoma State Cowboys (2-0) ===============
Last week, Oklahoma State won 45-20 against Texas Tech (1-1).
This week, the Cowboys travel to Fayetteville to face the #19 Arkansas Razorbacks (1-2).
In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma State targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) C Leonard Walden has committed to Oklahoma State
- (***) C Luke Joseph has committed to Oklahoma State

=============== Texas A&M Aggies (2-1) ===============
Last week, Texas A&M lost 54-41 against SMU (3-0).
This week, the Aggies are idle.

=============== #3 Florida State Seminoles (4-0) ===============
Last week, Florida State won 31-10 against Georgia (0-1).
This week, the Seminoles will host Tennessee (2-0).
In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) DT D.J. Powers has committed to Auburn

=============== #4 Oregon Ducks (2-0) ===============
Last week, Oregon won 55-20 against San Diego State (2-2).
This week, the Ducks are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) P David Seymour has committed to Oregon
- (*****) WR Daniel Cleveland has committed to Oregon
- (***) FS C.J. Jones has committed to Oregon

=============== #12 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (3-0) ===============
Last week, Notre Dame won 34-31 against Michigan State (2-1).
This week, the Fighting Irish travel to Ann Arbor to face the #5 Michigan Wolverines (3-0).
In recruiting news, the following Notre Dame targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) C Robert Marks has committed to Wisconsin

=============== #19 Arkansas Razorbacks (1-2) ===============
Last week, Arkansas lost 35-10 against Alabama (3-0).
This week, the Razorbacks will host #18 Oklahoma State (2-0).

=============== #5 Michigan Wolverines (3-0) ===============
Last week, Michigan won 24-14 against Minnesota (1-2).
This week, the Wolverines will host #12 Notre Dame (3-0).

=============== #17 USC Trojans (1-2) ===============
Last week the Trojans were idle.
This week, the Trojans will host #10 Oklahoma (0-1).
In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) DT Keith Key has committed to Oklahoma
- (***) C Robert Marks has committed to Wisconsin

gschwendt
07-23-2012, 09:11 PM
NY Kia... I'm fairly flexible with my times this week. Pretty much anytime after 5pm CT works for me, though prefer to start by 10pm CT at the latest.

ryby6969
07-23-2012, 09:20 PM
Poor Papa, better hope those guys commit before next week! ;)

Papa LoneStar
07-23-2012, 10:15 PM
Poor Papa, better hope those guys commit before next week! ;)

There's only one that I saw we were DIRECTLY head to head with....he likes Louisiana gumbo :)

Kingpin32
07-23-2012, 10:49 PM
Razorback, I have a busy schedule tomorrow with a job fair, but I should be available most of Wednesday. Unemployment gives me a lot of free time.

razorback44
07-23-2012, 11:25 PM
Razorback, I have a busy schedule tomorrow with a job fair, but I should be available most of Wednesday. Unemployment gives me a lot of free time.
Yeah I'm out tomorrow as well. Wednesday should be good in the afternoon between 2-5 CT but then I have a dinner to go to that night.

Kingpin32
07-23-2012, 11:35 PM
Yeah I'm out tomorrow as well. Wednesday should be good in the afternoon between 2-5 CT but then I have a dinner to go to that night.
Cool, I'll make sure to be home during those times Wednesday.

nykia31
07-24-2012, 10:02 AM
Great.

Got Denard to deal with this week :(

How does 9pm your time, on Weds. work?

gschwendt
07-24-2012, 10:04 AM
Great.

Got Denard to deal with this week :(

How does 9pm your time, on Weds. work?
Sounds like a plan.

Papa LoneStar
07-24-2012, 10:15 AM
:LSU: 28
:Auburn: 7

Baton Rouge, LA

LSU CB T. Mathieu, Jr: 8 tackles (1 TFL), 1 INT, 107 yard return from missed FG (game recognizes it as a fumble return....is this how it's officially counted in real life?)
LSU MLB K. Minter, Jr: 8 tackles (7 TFL), 1 pass deflection
LSU RB S. Ware, Jr: 29 carries 137 yards 2 TD
LSU RB M. Ford, Jr: 9 carries 63 yards 1 TD
LSU Defense: 39 rushing yards allowed on 27 carries, 0-8 3rd down conversions allowed, 226 offensive yards allowed, 2 turnovers forced

The #2 LSU Tigers improve to 3-0 on the season and will enjoy another bye week before heading into their first road game of the season.

Next up: 10/6/12 - #2 LSU (3-0) @ Florida (0-2) - 2:30pm central - CBS

Oneback
07-24-2012, 03:24 PM
Austin, TX (AP) -- Texas wins despite an ugly effort on offense.

Despite throwing for 412 yards QB David Ash suffered from extreme hot and cold streaks - the highs were high with two touchdown passes of 37 yards including passes of 50 and 47 yards. The lows were low, with extreme cold streak where Ash couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and throwing five interceptions.

Coach Gillett stated, "I knew a game like this was coming with a young quarterback, while you never want to see that type of performance I'm glad it came during a game the defense played lights out." This game was put on the shoulders of Ash, Baylor took away RB Malcolm Brown, limiting him to 8 yards on 12 carries - this opened up the running game for Ash (47 yards on 8 carries) and the passing game (412 yards and 3 TDs).

Despite the 3-0 start the Longhorns aren't happy with their offensive performance and need to find a way to run the ball more consistently as the next few weeks will make or break the Longhorns season, a five week stretch against top 25 teams, it all kicks off next week against #17 USC.

JeffHCross
07-24-2012, 11:10 PM
Outgained by my opponent: Check.
Kickoff return for a TD by G. Reid: Check
Missed FGs by opponent: Check. (To be fair, only one of them landed less than 5 yards short of the uprights. Nicely done, CPU!)
Ridiculously accurate streak undone by ridiculously can't-hit-a-barn streak: Check.

Seems I've found a recipe to win.

Florida State gets just enough to win against Tennessee, 28-11. The Seminoles had seven prospects fly in for the contest.

JeffHCross
07-24-2012, 11:27 PM
My best cover corner, as his man made his cut on a curl route:
http://easw.easports.com:8096/media2013/ncaa13/4278711/421A0001_14_GR_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_aiU.jpg
My best cover corner, two seconds later when the ball was actually thrown (guess who to):
http://easw.easports.com:8096/media2013/ncaa13/4278711/421A0001_13_GR_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_Uva.jpg

gschwendt
07-24-2012, 11:34 PM
Yeah... that was included in the patch notes for the second patch. It's very aggravating.

JeffHCross
07-24-2012, 11:43 PM
Ahhh, thanks G. I didn't realize that's the kind of thing that item was talking about. I was assuming it meant "into the backfield" like it was a blitz.

Side note: Looks like all of you are totally kicking my ass on defense this year. That sucks!
EDIT: Right as I hit post, I recalled that I'm the only one that hasn't had a bye week yet. Makes me feel tons better, though my defense is still underperforming.

psuexv
07-25-2012, 09:54 AM
USC takes out some aggression on Oklahoma and punishes them. I was able to shut down the Sooners offense and knocked Jones out twice with ACL injuries but he kept coming back. Also took Finch out for the season.

This also may be the coolest fumble that I've seen in a long while in a football game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sAidF77PY8&feature=youtu.be

psusnoop
07-25-2012, 10:09 AM
That was pretty cool! Best one I can remember seeing.

nykia31
07-25-2012, 07:03 PM
ND Awaiting The Headache that is Denard Robinson.

Kick Off in T-Minus 90 Minutes.

Kingpin32
07-25-2012, 08:49 PM
Razorback, I was doing stuff at my church all day today and just now getting back home. What's good for you tomorrow?

nykia31
07-25-2012, 09:28 PM
I hate Denard Robinson :(

gschwendt
07-25-2012, 09:33 PM
I hate Denard Robinson :(
:cool:

Don't worry... I only get him for the one year. Though considering I had 10 players visiting for our game and one is poised to contribute right away at QB, you might start hating Kevin Jones :)

gschwendt
07-25-2012, 09:55 PM
http://easw.easports.com:8096/media2013/ncaa13/17195/421A0001_27_GR_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_wUh.jpg

Michigan Takes Down Rival Notre Dame 17-10 in Ann Arbor

Wolverines fans cringed in fear early on in their matchup against Notre Dame. QB Denard Robinson took a vicious hit that sidelined him. As fans sat chewing their fingernails, the crowd erupted after Robinson made his return to the field. Robinson proved crucial as he completed all 8 pass attempts (though only one thrown more than 10 yard down field) and added 9 carries for 66 yards and a rushing touchdown.

The injury happened very early on and Robinson missed only a single play, but his injury also forced coach Rex Rodriguez (cousin to Rex Ryan & more successful half-brother of Rich Rodriguez) to punt on 4th & 2 from the Irish 42. While the punt was downed inside the 10 yard line, that didn't slow down Notre Dame as they traveled the near length of the field to put up the games first points, a 29 yard field goal from 27 yards out. After that drive, Michigan again was faced with a 4th & short from midfield, again electing to punt and this time pinning the Irish at the 1 yard line. However, one quick pass strike later gave The Irish room to breathe and eventually put up a touchdown with 2:45 left in the second quarter.

RexRod quickly gathered his offense around him and told him that the buck stops here... this is where we turn the ball game around. That they did. A very quick 37 yard strike from Robinson to WR Roy Roundtree followed up by a 38 yard QB-keeper scamper by Robinson put the Wolverines on the scoreboard for the first time of the game, answering Notre Dame in only 23 seconds. From there, Michigan owned the scoreboard not allowing another point.

Michigan took their first lead of the game with 6:03 remaining in the fourth. From there, Notre Dame drove down the field setting up an eventual 4th & long from the Michigan 15 yard line, however the deep corner route to the endzone was thwarted by Safety Thomas Gordon. After Michigan took over on downs with just more than a minute remaining, three quick runs were able to burn all three Notre Dame timeouts. Pinning the Irish back deep, Michigan knew the game was in their favor, only needing to keep the Irish off the scoreboard one last time. Notre Dame moved quickly, eventually setting up at the Michigan 40 yard line; that's where Michigan CB Blake Countess stepped up huge. ND QB Tommy Rees launched a ball up the sideline trying to find his WR only for Countess to quickly spin and snap the ball out of the air.

From there, it was the Victory formation for the Wolverines winning their 4th game on the early season. This game was especially sweet considering coach RexRod had invited 10 highly sought after targets to watch this rivalry matchup. That should prove very valuable on the recruiting trail.

Players of the Game:

Offense
CMP/ATT
YDS
TD
INT
CAR
YDS
TD
LNG

Denard Robinson
8/8

Defense
TAK
ATK
SACK
INT
FF

Blake Countess

gg NY_Kia... definitely a fun one for sure. Hope to hear the commentary from our game... I enjoy those since it gives insight whereas mine are 100% just games/broadcast.

nykia31
07-25-2012, 09:56 PM
BOOOOO

razorback44
07-25-2012, 10:05 PM
Razorback, I was doing stuff at my church all day today and just now getting back home. What's good for you tomorrow?
Hey man, I've had a family emergency and haven't been around all day. I may not be available tomorrow. If that's the case ill get online somewhere and set myself to auto. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kingpin32
07-25-2012, 10:23 PM
Hey man, I've had a family emergency and haven't been around all day. I may not be available tomorrow. If that's the case ill get online somewhere and set myself to auto. Sorry for the inconvenience.
It's ok man. Hope everything is alright with you and your family.

gschwendt
07-26-2012, 12:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwctfbhLDeE
Powerhouse Online Dynasty
Season 1 Week 5
Notre Dame at Michigan
NY_KIA31 vs gschwendt

Music:
Pelican - Last Day of Winter

texacotea
07-26-2012, 05:56 AM
:cool:

Don't worry... I only get him for the one year. Though considering I had 10 players visiting for our game and one is poised to contribute right away at QB, you might start hating Kevin Jones :)

that should read "I" will start hating Kevin Jones. He is visiting next week and will be surely shown the good things around town :nod:

psuexv
07-26-2012, 09:11 AM
Good game fellas. NyKia with 2 chances in the final minutes to tie it up......

psusnoop
07-26-2012, 07:36 PM
Fun game to watch, I'm enjoying these vids.

Sorry to hear Razor, hope all is well.

Kingpin32
07-27-2012, 12:13 AM
Week 5 is complete. OK State comes back to win a close game thanks to a missed field goal in the last seconds. It was a great game.

JeffHCross
07-27-2012, 12:27 AM
OK State comes back to win a close game thanks to a missed field goal in the last seconds. It was a great game.The hell? The 4th quarter of the scoring summary from your game:

7:31 TD Ok St Isaiah Anderson WR #82 58 yard TD from Clint Chelf QB #10 (Clint Chelf QB #10 kick)
6:29 TD Ok St Isaiah Anderson WR #82 4 yard TD from Clint Chelf QB #10 (Clint Chelf QB #10 kick)
3:40 TD Ark Dennis Johnson HB #33 9 yard TD (Tyler Wilson QB #8 kick)
1:06 TD Ok St Charlie Moore WR #17 2 yard TD from Clint Chelf QB #10 (Isaiah Anderson WR #82 kick)

Kingpin32
07-27-2012, 12:34 AM
The hell? The 4th quarter of the scoring summary from your game:

7:31 TD Ok St Isaiah Anderson WR #82 58 yard TD from Clint Chelf QB #10 (Clint Chelf QB #10 kick)
6:29 TD Ok St Isaiah Anderson WR #82 4 yard TD from Clint Chelf QB #10 (Clint Chelf QB #10 kick)
3:40 TD Ark Dennis Johnson HB #33 9 yard TD (Tyler Wilson QB #8 kick)
1:06 TD Ok St Charlie Moore WR #17 2 yard TD from Clint Chelf QB #10 (Isaiah Anderson WR #82 kick)
I had a very big 4th quarter. I scored, then Arkansas threw a pick immediately after. Scored again. Then they scored, and I scored last. I almost broke my controller twice.

Kingpin32
07-27-2012, 12:35 AM
And I also failed on 2 out of 3 2 pt conversions.

JeffHCross
07-27-2012, 06:06 PM
It was the 2 pt conversions that caught my eye. If you notice, they're all listed as kicks by either QBs or your WR. I was quite confused.