PDA

View Full Version : Online Dynasty sliders DO effect User vs User games

gschwendt
07-21-2012, 10:29 AM
*EDIT
Confirmed. They do effect User vs User games.
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?5466-Do-Online-Dynasty-sliders-effect-User-vs-User-games&p=154269&viewfull=1#post154269

I know in past years they haven't, however I've seen several reports indicating that this year they indeed do. Has anyone experimented with that this year? I'm considering starting a new OD and testing it by setting all of the kicks to zero.

The issue is that if they do, then that makes creating sliders for vs CPU games more difficult... int he past you could drop run blocking for the HUM but also drop run defense for the CPU to balance it out. However, now you better make sure that your HUM sliders also have that same sense of balance.

If anyone has experimented with it this year, I'd certainly love to hear it.

JeffHCross
07-21-2012, 11:26 AM
G, if you want to setup a test dynasty, you can invite me. I know we've talked about this in the past. As you said, the Kicking Game is, by far, the easiest way to test it.

JeffHCross
07-21-2012, 03:39 PM
I saw that House Rules is a menu option during OD play this year, so that suggests that they're being applied to User/User games.

gschwendt
07-22-2012, 09:41 PM
JeffHCross & I tested it and can both confirm... Online Dynasty sliders do effect User vs User games. Both users get the User sliders.

We tested this by putting all kicking powers at 0 and using both Fresno State & Florida State's kickers (the two with the strongest legs), both were kicking the ball much shorter than normal.

Not sure what to recommend but definitely need to keep that in mind whenever you're setting up your OD sliders.

JeffHCross
07-22-2012, 09:45 PM
We also tested it by setting HUM Pass Block to 0 and HUM Pass Rush to 100. Pass protection held for about .0001 seconds (I exaggerate for effect). Made for a good laugh.

skipwondah33
07-22-2012, 10:05 PM
That would explain why my kicker could barely get to the back of the on XP's vs the CPU and against G.

I've hit 2-8 XP's in my 3 games

JeffHCross
07-22-2012, 10:45 PM
Yeah, we were both pretty confident that sliders were affecting OD games, but it was good to confirm it. It means we have to think about how User sliders play against themselves now, which is a first.

psusnoop
07-23-2012, 07:33 AM
This is really interesting. Moving forward in all OD's we really need to think about what we can change to provide an equally level user vs user game.