PDA

View Full Version : Week 3, 2012

Oneback
07-19-2012, 09:33 PM
Welcome to Week 3!
Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #18 Texas Longhorns (1-0) ===============
Last week the Longhorns were idle.
This week, the Longhorns will host Iowa State (1-0).

=============== #1 Alabama Crimson Tide (1-0) ===============
Last week the Crimson Tide were idle.
This week, the Crimson Tide will host Kent State (0-1).

=============== #2 LSU Tigers (1-0) ===============
Last week the Tigers were idle.
This week, the Tigers are idle.

=============== #24 Ohio State Buckeyes (1-1) ===============
Last week, Ohio State won 29-27 against Miami University (0-1).
This week, the Buckeyes will host #10 USC (1-1).

=============== #21 Oklahoma State Cowboys (1-0) ===============
Last week the Cowboys were idle.
This week, the Cowboys are idle.

=============== Texas A&M Aggies (1-0) ===============
Last week the Aggies were idle.
This week, the Aggies will host #22 Florida (0-0).

=============== #8 Florida State Seminoles (2-0) ===============
Last week, Florida State won 49-17 against Clemson (0-1).
This week, the Seminoles travel to Fayetteville to face the #7 Arkansas Razorbacks (1-0).

=============== #3 Oregon Ducks (1-0) ===============
Last week the Ducks were idle.
This week, the Ducks are idle.

=============== #17 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (2-0) ===============
Last week, Notre Dame won 41-28 against Oregon State (0-1).
This week, the Fighting Irish are idle.

=============== #7 Arkansas Razorbacks (1-0) ===============
Last week the Razorbacks were idle.
This week, the Razorbacks will host #8 Florida State (2-0).

=============== #6 Michigan Wolverines (2-0) ===============
Last week, Michigan won 38-7 against USC (1-1).
This week, the Wolverines are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
- (*****) HB Tom Davis has committed to Michigan

=============== #10 USC Trojans (1-1) ===============
Last week, USC lost 38-7 against Michigan (2-0).
This week, the Trojans travel to Columbus to face the #24 Ohio State Buckeyes (1-1).

psuexv
07-19-2012, 09:41 PM
Tex - what's your schedule look like? I'm free pretty much every night after 9:30 est

JeffHCross
07-19-2012, 09:41 PM
Razor, I should be available Friday evening and don't expect to have any plans Saturday either.

JeffHCross
07-19-2012, 10:29 PM
It's only Week 3, but I'm already 720 points behind the CPU for a certain recruit. Other teams on his Top 9 are up to 1,180 points behind.

And the CPU team hasn't even offered a scholarship yet!

razorback44
07-20-2012, 01:05 AM
Razor, I should be available Friday evening and don't expect to have any plans Saturday either.

I'm not sure what time I will be home Friday night. Should get in at a reasonable hour but I can't give you a set time. It looks like I'm wide open all day/night on Saturday. I'll touch base with you again tomorrow when I see what my wife has planned for us.

texacotea
07-20-2012, 04:06 AM
Tex - what's your schedule look like? I'm free pretty much every night after 9:30 est

We might be able to get it in tonight if I stay awake. But the wife is taking my oldest out sat around 10-11ish and I will be free then if you can swing it

Oneback
07-20-2012, 08:39 AM
Austin, Texas (AP) – David Ash threw five touchdown passes and Jaxon Shipley amassed 106 yards receiving at No. 18 Texas downed ex-Big 12 member Iowa State 56-14.

The star of the game was the Texas defense that held the Cyclones to 241 yards and forced four turnovers, two of which were returned for touchdowns. Coach Mike Gillett said after the game, “the defensive line really brought their A-game - they really got after the quarterback,” the aptly names ‘QB Killers’ registered seven sacks on the day with Alex Okafor ringing the bell three times. His running mate Jackson Jeffcoat was shutout in the sack department - however he came up big with an interception for a touchdown.

“We’ve got some work to do before playing Baylor in week 5,” stated Coach Gillett. “Despite throwing for five touchdowns there were a lot of miscues and dropped balls in the passing game, we’ve got to get those items cleaned up.”

This Texas team has a lot of talent however there we’re some accuracy concerns, in this offense the quarterbacks should be completing near 70% of their passes, right now they are right at 62% on the year however starter David Ash is completing 58% of his passes despite throwing for eight touchdowns in two games. The wide receivers haven’t helped out their quarterbacks either by dropping balls. The defense has shown up to play this season, if the offense can hold up their end of the bargain big things could happen for the Longhorns.

Oneback
07-20-2012, 08:40 AM
Duplicate Post

psuexv
07-20-2012, 09:35 AM
We might be able to get it in tonight if I stay awake. But the wife is taking my oldest out sat around 10-11ish and I will be free then if you can swing it

Ok, just let me know if you can go tonight. I'll PM you my number. Tomorrow during the day probably won't work. The wife is out of town visiting her sister and I've got both kids for the weekend. The youngest usually naps around 12:30 so I might be able to get it in then.

JeffHCross
07-21-2012, 07:37 PM
This is partially just to note a weird oddity, and also in response to OB's question about the QB accuracy. EJ Manual was 10/11 in the first half of the game against Arkansas, and not a single pass was off target. In the second half, he was 4/9, including three or four consecutive passes that were nowhere close to the receiver, immediately after halftime. Razor will probably agree that it was like I had subbed in a freshman all of a sudden :D

Oneback
07-21-2012, 09:13 PM
This is partially just to note a weird oddity, and also in response to OB's question about the QB accuracy. EJ Manual was 10/11 in the first half of the game against Arkansas, and not a single pass was off target. In the second half, he was 4/9, including three or four consecutive passes that were nowhere close to the receiver, immediately after halftime. Razor will probably agree that it was like I had subbed in a freshman all of a sudden :D

Had the same problem with David Ash, don't remember when it was during the game but that's partly what prompted the question.

JeffHCross
07-21-2012, 09:26 PM
Well, I don't think it's the sliders. If it was the sliders, there would be consistency. EJ couldn't miss in the first half, and then couldn't get it close until late in the 2nd.

Though, that said, even some of the "accurate" throws in the first half were behind the receiver (who would stop dead in the middle of their route to play the ball). So maybe he just had accuracy issues the entire game and I got lucky that my WRs were making the plays.

razorback44
07-21-2012, 09:54 PM
It really did seem like his accuracy dropped my 10-15 points at half. He missed a couple of throws in the 5-10 yard range by a good distance.