PDA

View Full Version : Week 2, 2012

Oneback
07-17-2012, 10:11 PM
Texas A&M (1-0)has a bye week
Last week, the Aggies won 56-7 vs. UL Monroe (0-1)
In recruiting news, the following Texas A&M targets announced their decisions:
MLB Scott Hall TAMU

#25 Ohio State (0-1) at Miami University (0-0)
Last week, the Buckeyes lost 23-18 at Notre Dame (1-0)
In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets announced their decisions:
G Tom Mills Ohio St
C Christian Hunter Miami

#20 Notre Dame (1-0) vs Oregon State (0-0)
Last week, the Fighting Irish won 23-18 vs. Ohio State (0-1)
In recruiting news, the following Notre Dame targets announced their decisions:
G Mario Whitaker ND
MLB Ralph Pino ND
TE Jordan Tyler ND

#8 Florida State (1-0) at #14 Clemson (0-0)
Last week, the Seminoles won 17-15 vs. Ohio (0-1)
In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets announced their decisions:
QB Paul Thomas WVU
DT Matt Smith UGA

#23 Oklahoma State (1-0)has a bye week
Last week, the Cowboys won 23-18 vs. Tulsa (0-1)
In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma State targets announced their decisions:
CB Bryce Muhammad Ok St

#7 Arkansas (1-0)has a bye week
Last week, the Razorbacks won 41-10 vs. Florida Atlantic (0-1)
In recruiting news, the following Arkansas targets announced their decisions:
WR Gary Burton Ark
OLB Cameron Tyree USF

#9 Michigan (1-0) at #2 USC (1-0)
Last week, the Wolverines won 70-10 vs. Bowling Green (0-1)
In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Michigan targets.

#1 Alabama (1-0)has a bye week
Last week, the Crimson Tide won 35-21 vs. Toledo (0-1)
In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Alabama targets.

#4 Oregon (1-0)has a bye week
Last week, the Ducks won 35-14 vs. Northwestern (0-1)
In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets announced their decisions:
ATH Ryne Kimbrough Oreg
WR Derek McPherson Stan

#3 LSU (1-0)has a bye week
Last week, the Tigers won 42-32 vs. TCU (0-1)
In recruiting news, the following LSU targets announced their decisions:
TE Barrett Thomas USC

#21 Texas (1-0)has a bye week
Last week, the Longhorns won 45-9 vs. Rice (0-1)
In recruiting news, the following Texas targets announced their decisions:
T Stephen Marks USC
TE Barrett Thomas USC
DT Matt Smith UGA

#2 USC (1-0) vs #9 Michigan (1-0)
Last week, the Trojans won 27-17 vs. UCF (0-1)
In recruiting news, the following USC targets announced their decisions:
T Stephen Marks USC
DE Joe Mendoza USC
TE Barrett Thomas USC
OLB Dave McGee USC

Papa LoneStar
07-17-2012, 10:16 PM
LSU RB Spencer Ware has jumped into the Heisman Watch Top 5 with his old school 32 carry 166 yard 4 TD day against TCU. Hopefully they send me another Earl Campbell, Jr. type back....I'll be waiting.

fsuprime
07-18-2012, 01:04 AM
we are all waiting for your first commitment, you seem to be slacking.

texacotea
07-18-2012, 07:15 AM
would have loved to have this team to start the year

Papa LoneStar
07-18-2012, 01:02 PM
we are all waiting for your first commitment, you seem to be slacking.

lol....I prefer to think that my targets are going through the process to make sure that they make the correct decision. I'm in a good spot with a ton....and I'm very excited about locking up a kicker with 96 power (amen)....plus an athlete out of Colorado that will help me transition to my power spread....looks like a superb QB....only if USC stops breathing on my neck.

nykia31
07-18-2012, 02:41 PM
ND beats back a pesky Oregon State Squad 41-28.

Manti Te'O got knocked out the game, mid 1st quarter with a concussion; and with him, the ability for my team to play run defense.

Tommy Rees shook off a couple of turnovers to pitch for 28-40, 332 and 3 TDs

Cierre Wood closed the show with 68 yds, and 2 TDs.

gschwendt
07-18-2012, 10:41 PM
http://easw.easports.com:8096/media2013/ncaa13/17195/421A0001_12_GR_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_uuI.jpg

Michigan takes out USC 38-7

Ann Arbor, MI - Michigan scored first and scored often in their conference opener against the USC Trojans. Sticking to their running game, the Wolverines' HB Fitzgerald Toussaint racked up 111 yards on 22 carries and added two scores on the day. QB Denard Robinson had a quieter day than his opening week's performance but still performed solid completing 9/15 passes for 155 yards and 2 touchdowns.

Defensively, the Wolverines held the high-powered USC offense to 287 yards of total offense, limiting them to only 29 yards rushing on the day. FS Jordan Kovacs added two interceptions on the day, juking & jiving one for a 69 yard return for touchdown.

Things started slow as Michigan waited to score until 1:23 remaining in the opening quarter. After another Michigan TD, USC answered back with 36 seconds remaining in the half setting the score at 14-7. Knowing USC got the ball back after the half, the Wolverines decided to put up some more points to break their back heading into the locker room. Denard Robinson connected had a prayer answered from 34 yards out as he connected with WR Jeremy Gallon for the score as the first half expired. After that, it was two big plays that lead to the final score... a 80 yard run by HB Toussaint and Kovac's 69 yard interception return.

With the win, Michigan improves to 2-0 (1-0) on the early season and take next week off before traveling to Minnesota to face the Gophers.

Players of the Game

Offensive
CAR
YDS
TD
LNG

Fitzgerald Toussaint

Defensive
TACK
SACK
INT
TD

Jordan Kovacs

gg E... that bomb just before half changed things quite a bit.

As the first half expired

http://youtu.be/khGyMZ_Oe2w

Toussaint wouldn't be stopped

http://youtu.be/xSyvJ9uNksk

Watch in the first second for the OL falling on his face after a juke

http://youtu.be/TwWExQyIaJA

gschwendt
07-18-2012, 10:50 PM
Jeff is the last one for the week... feel free to yell at him for not letting us have a 24 hour advance.

Papa LoneStar
07-18-2012, 10:54 PM
SMH....typical Jeffrey....been holding up advances since 2009 :P

JeffHCross
07-18-2012, 11:02 PM
Damn straight :P

Kingpin32
07-18-2012, 11:40 PM
....jerkface...

JeffHCross
07-18-2012, 11:54 PM
Recruiting's in, I'll play my game as early as possible after work tomorrow (but it may be a 12+ hour day at work tomorrow, so bear with me) ...

texacotea
07-19-2012, 03:59 AM
Recruiting's in, I'll play my game as early as possible after work tomorrow (but it may be a 12+ hour day at work tomorrow, so bear with me) ...

been doing it all week and I managed to get my game in?????????????

Ohio State needed every min in the game to beat Miami (oh). The Redhawks went up 21-0 mid way through the 2nd. tOSU scored just before half to make it 21-7. The buckeyes scored 3 more times and a 2 pt conversion to make it 29-21 late in the 4th. The redhawks scored again with under a min left but failed the 2pt conversion and the Buckeyes got the win 29-27

psuexv
07-19-2012, 08:18 AM
gg E... that bomb just before half changed things quite a bit.

It actually was despite the score. I went back and thought about the game after we talked and how I said I felt like I held you in check and not sure where the game went, especially since Troussaint had 80 of his 111 on one carry. It boiled down to a couple big plays. That fumble on the sideline that set you up inside my 40 that lead to your 2nd TD, the bomb before the half, the fumble(I think on my first or second possession of the 2nd half) that put inside my 20 and lead to another TD. Add to those the fact that I came up a yard short on 3 3rd down conversions and it makes for an ugly day :)

psusnoop
07-19-2012, 12:03 PM

ADVANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sitting on bye's in weeks 2,3,5 really are frustrating :D

Papa LoneStar
07-19-2012, 02:23 PM
ADVANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sitting on bye's in weeks 2,3,5 really are frustrating :D

Weeks 2 & 3 for me :(

JeffHCross
07-19-2012, 09:13 PM
been doing it all week and I managed to get my game in?Wasn't what I was meaning to imply at all. I planned to get my game and recruiting in on Wednesday, it just didn't happen because some higher priority things came up at home. What I was meaning that when I said "after work tomorrow" didn't mean 5 pm like probably it does for some on this forum.

We are Ready to Advance.

texacotea
07-20-2012, 08:01 AM
Wasn't what I was meaning to imply at all. I planned to get my game and recruiting in on Wednesday, it just didn't happen because some higher priority things came up at home. What I was meaning that when I said "after work tomorrow" didn't mean 5 pm like probably it does for some on this forum.

We are Ready to Advance.

Dont be so angry its all fun and games

JeffHCross
07-20-2012, 06:40 PM
Wasn't angry at all :D