PDA

View Full Version : Whole Team Option/Button

Koach Vonner
07-16-2012, 09:00 AM
One of the things that I have been reading over at OS is that people really want their teams to have Mid-Socks. I don't blame them because at Texas they wear Mid-Level socks. My question is, why hasn't EA created an option in the Edit Player/Team Depth Chart area that allow for "whole team changes". For example: I want all my WRs to wear team gloves. Pull up the WRs in the edit player area and choose whole team. Same for socks. Go to the Edit Player area and choose whole team. Dies that make sense or would that be hard?

Also, every Nike sponsored school wears Nike Elite Socks. Get those in the game already. You have Vapor (cleats), Vapor (gloves), so get Elite Socks!!

psusnoop
07-16-2012, 09:20 AM
One of the things that I have been reading over at OS is that people really want their teams to have Mid-Socks. I don't blame them because at Texas they wear Mid-Level socks. My question is, why hasn't EA created an option in the Edit Player/Team Depth Chart area that allow for "whole team changes". For example: I want all my WRs to wear team gloves. Pull up the WRs in the edit player area and choose whole team. Same for socks. Go to the Edit Player area and choose whole team. Dies that make sense or would that be hard?

Also, every Nike sponsored school wears Nike Elite Socks. Get those in the game already. You have Vapor (cleats), Vapor (gloves), so get Elite Socks!!

I've heard it mentioned a few times, and it would be nice to have a whole team button that you can change things. It never really garners much steam when faced with other wishlist items if I recall correctly.

JeffHCross
07-16-2012, 08:04 PM
:+1: /agree. Nothing took longer on NCAA 11 than resetting my entire 1995 Ohio State team to the same helmet style.

It wouldn't be hard, but it's also not likely to be a big priority. The only difficulty would be the logic of parsing through all the players, and creating the GUI. Neither of those are overly difficult, but they do take time.

Koach Vonner
07-16-2012, 10:52 PM
I agree with you Jeff. I also think its something that community as a whole should push for.

psuexv
07-17-2012, 09:02 AM
I agree with you Jeff. I also think its something that community as a whole should push for.

Yeah I've posted this in the Wishlist I think the last 2 years but as Snoop said never enough steam. I don't even think it made the Wishlist tourney. I think the big issue is the fact that editing a player is so cumbersome now with the GUI. I used to make these whole sale changes on the old Gen system and it was actually pretty quick.

Koach, I'd also add to the mid-length socks that they bring back team colored socks.

Koach Vonner
07-17-2012, 10:52 AM
Boy, team colored socks!!! Those were the days NCAA 06. Team colored spat. I loved NCAA back then.

Don't you think it's about time they added Nike Elite Socks.

JeffHCross
07-17-2012, 09:39 PM
I don't see any reason to add Nike Elite Socks if they don't really have legit shoes either. Sure, we have one Nike pair this year, but the Adidas pair appears to have vanished (or maybe it's not available for Nike teams?), and otherwise you just have the two generics. I wouldn't mind a "team color" option, but I don't see a reason to add a special texture that you wouldn't even be able to see in gameplay.

Koach Vonner
07-20-2012, 05:52 AM
I think they would show up during gameplay. Especially the QB/RB with the team color part. But I do see your point as far as the cleats go. They have the Nike Vapors (which is a popular cleat). They also have Vapor gloves. But the Adidas Zero shoe is absent.

souljahbill
07-20-2012, 06:09 AM
I hope this is something that's added Day 1 for the 1st NCAA game on the next generation of consoles.

psusnoop
07-20-2012, 06:56 AM
Just to give us the whole function in and of itself really shouldn't be a huge amount of money that they couldn't get that programmed in quickly or early on while working for on 14.

This just will never ever ever out vote AI blocking or something of that nature and it shouldn't but that just doesn't mean it's not important enough for EA to consider given the amount of enjoyment most people have with edits and again the rather low costs of implementing such a thing.

JeffHCross
07-20-2012, 08:18 PM
I think they would show up during gameplay.With the distance of the camera, I'm not sure you could see the different socks during live gameplay. Replays, maybe. Personally, outside of facemasks I don't notice any of the equipment differences, so maybe I'm not the best to talk about this :D