PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting 2012 Season

Pages : [1] 2

Oneback
07-15-2012, 09:45 PM
Welcome to the 2012 Season - Who gets the first recruit to sign?!?!

Kingpin32
07-15-2012, 10:54 PM
I think that would be me.

Bryce MuhammadCornerback | Coverage

http://cdn.www.easports.com/dynasty/static/1038/images/template/themes/ncaa13/avatars/1_B_N_010_SnapShot.png

Home
Oak Ridge, FL

Height
6-0

Weight

Caliber
:3star:

Rank
#315 (#20 CB)

Interest
1st

SCHOOLS (http://www.easports.com/dynasty/recruiting#schools)
SKILLS (http://www.easports.com/dynasty/recruiting#skillsTab)
PITCH INFO (http://www.easports.com/dynasty/recruiting#pitchinfo)

CB Skills All Skills
OVR: 77 (+7) 100% Scouted

BASE

Speed 93
Strength 47

Agility 86
Acceleration 89

Jumping 89
Stamina 83

Injury 89

TACKLING

Tackle 62
Hit Power 61

Pursuit 77
Play Recognition 81

COVERAGE

Man Coverage 81
Zone Coverage 88

Press 78

BLOCK SHEDDING

Power Moves 50
Finesse Moves 50

Block Shedding 48

Oneback
07-15-2012, 11:50 PM
He looks pretty good, I'd say even awesome for a 3-star.

razorback44
07-16-2012, 12:03 AM
How in the world did you get that template? That is pretty sweet.

souljahbill
07-16-2012, 12:06 AM
White guys named Muhammad? :D

Kingpin32
07-16-2012, 12:12 AM
How in the world did you get that template? That is pretty sweet.

Copy and paste :D

psusnoop
07-16-2012, 06:18 AM
Very nice for a 3*, that is a heck of a way to jump into the year with that kind of signing. He was completely underrated, I saw Bryce Muhammed as a 4* recruit in rivals.com.

nykia31
07-16-2012, 06:30 AM
ND got a couple of nice *** insta-commits..always good when that happens...forgot who they were though lol

psusnoop
07-16-2012, 06:36 AM
I was going to recruit and scout online for week 1 this morning, but when I logged in it said I only had 7hrs and 40min left to recruit and 0 hours left to scout??? Then I closed the browser and opened it back up and logged back in and it said I had 6hrs and 40 minutes left to recruit and 30 minutes left to scout and now after closing it again I have only 6hrs left to recruit and 30 minutes left to scout??

I want to hope on my console to see what it says but if this is the case I don't know what to think. Surely can't compete in recruiting battles when your losing 40% of your recruiting time without calling anyone :fp:

texacotea
07-16-2012, 06:49 AM
Ohio State received its 1st commitment of the season:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d34/texacotea/TomMills.jpg

psusnoop
07-16-2012, 06:49 AM
I was going to recruit and scout online for week 1 this morning, but when I logged in it said I only had 7hrs and 40min left to recruit and 0 hours left to scout??? Then I closed the browser and opened it back up and logged back in and it said I had 6hrs and 40 minutes left to recruit and 30 minutes left to scout and now after closing it again I have only 6hrs left to recruit and 30 minutes left to scout??

I want to hope on my console to see what it says but if this is the case I don't know what to think. Surely can't compete in recruiting battles when your losing 40% of your recruiting time without calling anyone :fp:

I started clicking around to different things, search players, pipeline and rosters and such and Boom all my time returned :D

psusnoop
07-16-2012, 07:29 AM
Oregon lands it's first commit of the season in :4star: ATH Ryne Kimbrough

http://cdn.www.easports.com/dynasty/static/1038/images/template/themes/ncaa13/avatars/1_M_N_006_SnapShot.png
Ryne Kimbrough
Athlete | Athlete
Kimbrough, Ryne
Home Towson, MD
Height 6-4
Weight 276
Caliber
Rank #113 (#22 ATH)
Interest
1st

ATH Skills All Skills
OVR: 74
BASE
SpeedD StrengthC
Agility64 Acceleration80
JumpingD StaminaC
InjuryB

COVERAGE
Man CoverageD Zone CoverageD
PressD

TACKLING
TackleB Hit PowerD
PursuitD Play RecognitionB

BLOCK SHEDDING
Power Moves76 Finesse MovesD
Block Shedding76

souljahbill
07-16-2012, 07:41 AM
^
DT

psusnoop
07-16-2012, 07:45 AM
^
DT

And needed, right now I have 4 rs Jr's and 1 SR for DT's so this was very welcomed :D:D I can now go from full on panic mode to just sweating a little bit :nod:

psuexv
07-16-2012, 08:34 AM
Pretty happy with Stephen. His ACC did drop but down to a 94 and I can live with that. Have some depth at T so he should be able to redshirt.

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m521/psuexv/2012%20PH%20Recruits/StephenMarks.jpg

Huge pick up here as the Dline next year may be a little shaky. Would love to redshirt him but he's probably going to make an impact right away, especially in stopping that Oregon spread option.

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m521/psuexv/2012%20PH%20Recruits/JoeMendoza.jpg

Dave should have decent speed and good acceleration. Would potentially move him to DE but don't think his block shedding would hold up. Will definitely redshirt and see how he progresses.
http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m521/psuexv/2012%20PH%20Recruits/DaveMcGee.jpg

Barrett is a pass catching TE that will fit right in with the TEs that we have now. With 3 SO on the roster he'll be able to redshirt and learn.
http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m521/psuexv/2012%20PH%20Recruits/BarrettThomas.jpg

psusnoop
07-16-2012, 09:06 AM
Damn E, nice pulls for USC already. You gotta love the start.

Oneback
07-16-2012, 09:19 AM
Well, there goes two of the guys I had on my board.

gschwendt
07-16-2012, 09:31 AM
I like that (at least on DW) it shows during-week commits. I was after that Stephen Marks OT and when I pull up my target list, it shows committed to USC. Now you don't have to worry about recruiting later than someone else and giving a guy time that has already committed.

psuexv
07-16-2012, 09:34 AM
Damn E, nice pulls for USC already. You gotta love the start.

Yeah that was a nice 1st week. Hopefully can land a couple more and I'll be really happy.

Well, there goes two of the guys I had on my board.

:) Silver lining would be if you didn't recruit yet this week you can use that time somewhere else.

psuexv
07-16-2012, 09:36 AM
I like that (at least on DW) it shows during-week commits. I was after that Stephen Marks OT and when I pull up my target list, it shows committed to USC. Now you don't have to worry about recruiting later than someone else and giving a guy time that has already committed.

Yeah but if you did recruit before me he wouldn't show up right? I know on the console it doesn't matter when you recruit it doesn't show up until the next week but I thought on DW it will just update after he has committed.

gschwendt
07-16-2012, 09:38 AM
Yeah but if you did recruit before me he wouldn't show up right? I know on the console it doesn't matter when you recruit it doesn't show up until the next week but I thought on DW it will just update after he has committed.
I recruited last night shortly after the advance and he was one of the guys I talked to. Not sure if that answers your question or not.

Oneback
07-16-2012, 09:41 AM

I recruited right after advance and he didn't show as committed at that point.

psuexv
07-16-2012, 09:57 AM

I recruited last night shortly after the advance and he was one of the guys I talked to. Not sure if that answers your question or not.

Ok, I thought you were saying it showed him as being committed no matter when you recruited on DW. It worked that way on DW last year too though. If you got a guy to commit mid week and I recruited after you on DW it would show him as committed.

psusnoop
07-16-2012, 10:21 AM
Ok, I thought you were saying it showed him as being committed no matter when you recruited on DW. It worked that way on DW last year too though. If you got a guy to commit mid week and I recruited after you on DW it would show him as committed.

A strong reason why I enjoyed recruiting from the web last year. It also showed (still does) who is going after who with scholies. I like my board better this morning then I did before we advanced just knowing many teams have already recruited. :D

Papa LoneStar
07-16-2012, 12:55 PM
:) Silver lining would be if you didn't recruit yet this week you can use that time somewhere else.

I recruited late last night....that 6'8" TE would've been nice to have :(

ryby6969
07-16-2012, 02:27 PM
I recruited late last night....that 6'8" TE would've been nice to have :(

Why? You will not have anyone to throw to him soon anyway! :P

psuexv
07-16-2012, 02:34 PM
Why? You will not have anyone to throw to him soon anyway! :P

Isn't he LSU? He doesn't have a QB now. Didn't you watch the MNC this year :D

ryby6969
07-16-2012, 03:04 PM
They graduated! :D

ryby6969
07-16-2012, 03:06 PM
BTW, I found a 3* that is +11 already and I still have 1 more category to unlock! :nod:

psusnoop
07-16-2012, 03:14 PM
BTW, I found a 3* that is +11 already and I still have 1 more category to unlock! :nod:

I really like that kind of hidden gems. What's his name? :D :D

Oneback
07-16-2012, 03:47 PM
Isn't he LSU? He doesn't have a QB now. Didn't you watch the MNC this year :D

Zach Mettenberger - transfer from Georgia, he'll be good this season.

ryby6969
07-16-2012, 04:16 PM
I really like that kind of hidden gems. What's his name? :D :D

I will let you know in a few weeks! ;)

psusnoop
07-16-2012, 04:27 PM
I will let you know in a few weeks! ;)

Unacceptable :D

ryby6969
07-16-2012, 04:29 PM
Unacceptable :D

It is okay, he told me when I called him he only wants to play on a good defense so that leaves Oregon out. ;)

Oneback
07-16-2012, 05:07 PM
I guess he's coming to Texas then.

psusnoop
07-16-2012, 06:24 PM
It is okay, he told me when I called him he only wants to play on a good defense so that leaves Oregon out. ;)

Well he can play for a good defense in Bama but if he wants to make anything of his career he better come play for a great defense with the Ducks!!

JeffHCross
07-16-2012, 07:07 PM
I started clicking around to different things, search players, pipeline and rosters and such and Boom all my time returned :DI noticed during the preseason that the Time #s aren't updating properly after calls. They only update when you take an action, not when you complete one. So I imagine your 6:00 and :30 was leftover from something else, like maybe another dynasty.

Oregon lands it's first commit of the season in :4star: ATH Ryne KimbroughAs best said by Red vs Blue:
"You deserve to die! Die and go to hell and burn!"

Yeah but if you did recruit before me he wouldn't show up right? I know on the console it doesn't matter when you recruit it doesn't show up until the next week but I thought on DW it will just update after he has committed.If you haven't downloaded the week yet, then it'll show. If you've already downloaded it, then yes, it won't update until next week. That's why I got very accustomed to checking my recruiting through the web on Week 1 :D

I think if you log back in DW after the commitment, it will show now.

EDIT: Scratch that theory. I deleted my save file, re-downloaded the Dynasty and that :4star: player is still uncommitted. Clearly that's not accurate. I swear that wasn't the behavior on '11 though.

psusnoop
07-16-2012, 07:36 PM
I noticed during the preseason that the Time #s aren't updating properly after calls. They only update when you take an action, not when you complete one. So I imagine your 6:00 and :30 was leftover from something else, like maybe another dynasty.

I've noticed that too, but since this was my first chance to recruit online or in any dynasty something else had to have been happening.

JeffHCross
07-16-2012, 07:38 PM
OB, did you mean to set Recruiting on Heisman difficulty? Just caught my eye.

nykia31
07-17-2012, 09:36 PM
How are you copying and pasting these recruiting profiles?

psuexv
07-18-2012, 07:58 AM
How are you copying and pasting these recruiting profiles?

I used Snag it and clipped a screen image. Looks like Tex is picture too. Not sure about the rest.

psusnoop
07-18-2012, 08:05 AM
I used Snag it and clipped a screen image. Looks like Tex is picture too. Not sure about the rest.

Are you using the trail or am I missing something?

texacotea
07-18-2012, 08:18 AM
thats how I did it, I uploaded mine to photobucket. Prob a easier way but thats how I did it

gschwendt
07-18-2012, 08:42 AM
Yes... snipping tool works best. Straight up copy & paste works, but not everything is aligned/formatted 100%. BTW, if anyone can fill in any of the gaps on this guy I signed, I would appreciate it.

http://i.imgur.com/sOElO.jpg

texacotea
07-18-2012, 09:43 AM
G I think I recruited him some but let him go. I think. Im having trouble with the recruiting part on the dynasty wire here at work

psuexv
07-18-2012, 09:55 AM
Are you using the trail or am I missing something?

What?

psuexv
07-18-2012, 09:56 AM
G I think I recruited him some but let him go. I think. Im having trouble with the recruiting part on the dynasty wire here at work

Yep, I just got booted out of a call on a 5 star Guard and lost the time. It's now telling me that I'm in another call when I try to call someone else.

texacotea
07-18-2012, 10:00 AM
it wont let me call anyone or search, goes to a blank white screen and has javascript in the address bar.

psusnoop
07-18-2012, 10:03 AM
Phew glad that I got mine all done earlier

psusnoop
07-18-2012, 10:11 AM
What?

When I went to the web page for it I have two options buy it or try the trial. I'm asking if I'm in the right place or if I'm completely in the wrong page.

http://www.techsmith.com/snagit.html

psuexv
07-18-2012, 10:14 AM
When I went to the web page for it I have two options buy it or try the trial. I'm asking if I'm in the right place or if I'm completely in the wrong page.

http://www.techsmith.com/snagit.html

Gotcha. I was a little confused since I didn't know what trail you were referring to. I actually have it at work so that makes it easy. You might have some type of other snipping software on your computer.

Escobar
07-18-2012, 11:14 AM
I've been recruiting and scouting on the game. I haven't had any problems using the method Jeff suggested I think. Recruiting/scouting 4 guys at a time, then going into the recruiting strategy screen to save.

Oneback
07-18-2012, 11:15 AM
it wont let me call anyone or search, goes to a blank white screen and has javascript in the address bar.

Is this still happening?

gschwendt
07-18-2012, 11:17 AM
Someone else up above mentioned problems with recruiting as of about 15-20 minutes ago. I just signed in a few minutes ago and everything appears normal for me, though I finished recruiting last night.

gschwendt
07-18-2012, 11:18 AM
Snoop, if you have Windows 7, you have a Snipping Tool which does essentially the same thing. Start > Programs > Accessories > Snipping Tool.

texacotea
07-18-2012, 11:26 AM
Is this still happening?

Yes it is

psusnoop
07-18-2012, 11:36 AM
Snoop, if you have Windows 7, you have a Snipping Tool which does essentially the same thing. Start > Programs > Accessories > Snipping Tool.

Nice good to know and thanks!!

texacotea
07-18-2012, 12:05 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d34/texacotea/g.jpg

gschwendt
07-18-2012, 12:15 PM
Things should be fixed now but if you guys continue to experience problems with the site as of 1pm ET, let me know.

psuexv
07-18-2012, 12:22 PM
Things should be fixed now but if you guys continue to experience problems with the site as of 1pm ET, let me know.

Cool, thanks Tommy. I'm logging back in now. Cleared my cache just to be safe.

Papa LoneStar
07-19-2012, 10:59 PM
LSU gets their 1st committment of the 2012 season.....

:espnu150: :4star: DE Melvin Ramsey
6'3'' 254
Moss Bluff, LA
#111 overall, #7 DE

SPARQ: 71.00
57% scouted

75 overall (so far)

76 speed
74 strength
80 acceleration
79 stamina
81 power moves
83 finesse moves
82 block shedding
80 hit power

B: pursuit
C: injury, tackle, play recognition
D: agility, jumping

Other offers: Florida, Mississippi State, TCU

gschwendt
07-19-2012, 11:26 PM
He needs to put on some weight and start bench pressing more...

Oneback
07-20-2012, 06:25 AM
Texas picks up 2 recruits:

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8914/joshandrews.png

Scouting Report:

Andrews plays with the athleticism and playing strength needed to dominate as both a run and pass blocker. Has the height for the offensive tackle position at the major level of competition; has the long frame which should support additional body mass over time. Playing out of a two and three point stance we see very good initial quickness and first step explosion; has strong hands and is able to knock defenders back on their heels with his first punch; plays with a flat back and is able to gain an immediate advantage on first contact. When single or double team blocking we see the ability to roll the hips and sustain due to his blocking base and persistent leg drive. Does a very good reacting and adjusting to movement; plays in space very well, showing excellent flexibility, agility and balance; is productive as a trap blocker; gets out of his stance, clearing the line and demonstrating the ability to locate and adjust his blocking angle on the move; gets out in front, displaying good downfield aggressiveness. We see the athleticism needed to reach and consistently get a hat on active 1st and 2nd level defenders. This is a lineman with the athleticism and physical tools needed to make all the run blocks at the next level. His long arms, quick hands and nimble feet should be assets in pass protection. Sets quickly showing good bend with the ability to slide and stay in front of pass rushers; gets his hands up quickly working for placement and extension; has the athleticism to recover and get out of trouble. This guy is a tough customer who finishes with a nasty attitude. With added bulk and improved playing strength, Andrews could challenge for a starting spot immediately.

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/9242/ronnieburke.png

Scouting Report:

Burke is a well-built dual-threat quarterback that lacks ideal height, but is highly productive as both a runner and passer. He is sturdy and a tough, elusive runner. As a passer he does an excellent job of finding throwing lanes and subtly moving around the pocket to get the ball out. Shows very good feet, drop speed and a quick set up. Can scan the field and work through progressions. Has the ability to make every throw from within the pocket and displays adequate-to-good arm strength. Has flashed the ability to drive the ball to the sideline from the opposite hash and push the ball deep downfield from within the pocket. Is very proficient in the short-to-intermediate passing game and can fit the ball between tight coverage on in routes, curls and crossing routes. When he is set, he will show very sound accuracy to all levels. Athletically he can buy time, move around and make plays on the move, but he is always looking to throw and make a play with his arm. He is a long strider as a runner and can cover a lot of ground with good overall elusiveness. Will lower his shoulder and shows some power. Has good speed, not great for the position. Outside of the pocket he is very good as a run/pass option as he throws very well on the move. While Burke is consistent in his mechanics and is sound in his footwork, balance and set up, there is something quirky about his motion. Cocks and slightly pushes the ball at times. He shows RPM and sound zip, but may lack elite power. Burke is a prospect that is a spread offense fit. He comes from a great program with a high expectation level. Should receive mid-major and moderate BCS level interest.

psuexv
07-20-2012, 10:18 AM
USC adds another much needed defensive lineman. With a defensive line that will be thin with returning players next year the USC coaching staff has been going very hard after some top notch talent in this years recruiting class and have added another to the arsenal that should see immediate playing time next year.

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m521/psuexv/2012%20PH%20Recruits/DavidSmith.jpg

Papa LoneStar
07-20-2012, 01:40 PM
He needs to put on some weight and start bench pressing more...

Very true....he will have 4 Papa LoneStar BSF offseason programs to improve. If his acceleration can jump 5 and both pass rushing moves can jump 10 in for his redshirt senior season....I'll gladly take 85 acceleration and 90+ for power/finesse moves.

Kingpin32
07-21-2012, 12:46 AM
Matt Young Wide Receiver | Possession

http://cdn.www.easports.com/dynasty/static/1047/images/template/themes/ncaa13/avatars/6_B_0_1_0_1_0_SnapShot.png

Home
Mount Pleasant, MI

Height
6-6

Weight

Caliber
:4star:

Rank
#59 (#8 WR)

Interest
1st

WR Skills All Skills
OVR: 76 (+2) 66% Scouted

BASE

Speed 89
Strength D

Agility 83
Acceleration 81

Jumping D
Stamina 83

Injury C

RECEIVING

Catching 77
Spectacular Catch B

Catch In Traffic 77
Route Running 82

Release 76

RUSHING

Break Tackle D
Trucking 60

Elusiveness D
Stiff Arm 56

Spin Move 70
Juke Move 62

Carrying 87
Ball Carrier Vision B

OSU's second recruit of the year. I'm hoping he can come in be a good slot wideout his first year and work up the depth chart.

JeffHCross
07-21-2012, 01:24 AM
Ray Walker
#9 MLB | #120 OVR
:espnu150: :4star:
Dallas, TX
6'4" 237 lbs
Coverage
OVR: 79 (+5) (76% scouted)

SPD
AGI
PUR
PRC

B

Walker is the first signee of 2012 to the Seminoles, and his verbal commitment comes at a position of need. His athleticism will allow him to instantly see playing time on special teams, and perhaps compete for the backup spot at MLB or even OLB. He picked the Seminoles over Oklahoma State and the home-state Longhorns.

Oneback
07-21-2012, 09:02 AM
Dammit Jeff, I had him penciled in as my starting Sam in a season or two.

JeffHCross
07-21-2012, 10:22 AM
Glad I could be of service, OB. He'll probably be a Mike for me unless I can sign another MLB this year.

Papa LoneStar
07-21-2012, 10:40 AM
My type of MLB....nice pickup....kid clearly wants to play in the best conference. SEC! SEC! SEC!

Oneback
07-21-2012, 06:44 PM
Texas grabs another.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/1580/lamarjohnson.png

Johnson is likely a candidate to move into an H/TE role for the next level, but is about as quick twitch as you can expect a player of his size to be. Possesses the size and strength that could quickly outgrow the receiver position. Once in stride, he has enough speed to pull away from the defense. Still growing into his body and can be awkward at times getting his big frame in and out of breaks. Needs to keep developing his feet. Not a sudden athlete, but a long strider that is a vertical threat. Needs to develop his release versus press with feet and hands - he has the strength. Good feel for positioning in the red zone, uses his body well. Plays with good route tempo and understands were the openings are in zone coverage. Absorbs contact and competes hard for the ball in the air. Fights for extra yards, but is not always an aggressive runner. Soft hands with elite range to catch poorly thrown balls. Can go up and high point the football. Limited route tree for deeper ranges of the field with his lack of explosion. Smooth route runner that has good value as a vertical route runner, seams, posts, go's. Can improve his ability to stack defenders on go routes. Elite red zone threat with size and basketball ability. Not sudden after the catch, will pull away from the defense if he catches the ball in stride. Big target to hit that tries to lower his pad level and gain extra yards. Size mismatch for defensive backs if left one-on-one on the outside. Plays with good bend to be able to stay with and dominate smaller players. Big athletic frame that could develop in several different directions, big possession receiver, spread tight end or put on bulk and develop into a true tight end. Two sport star, a solid basketball prospect.

Papa LoneStar
07-23-2012, 10:25 PM
:LSU:

The Tigers add 2 recruits....

:espnu150: :5star: ATH Mark Graham
5'11'' 185
Carnegie, PA
#23 overall, #6 ATH

76 overall (84% scouted)
89 speed
90 agility
92 acceleration
87 jump
80 play recognition
80 man coverage
84 zone coverage
86 press coverage
84 spin move
90 juke move
79 throwing power
84 throwing accuracy

Other offers: Alabama, Texas A&M, Maryland, UConn

----------------

:3star: K Matt Smith
6'1'' 171
Douglass Hills, KY
#325 overall, #3 K

85 overall (100% scouted)
96 kicking power
77 kicking accuracy

Other offers: n/a

ryby6969
07-24-2012, 03:37 AM
Despite Coach Davis being shunned by recruit Mark Graham, they were able to pick up their first recruit of the season at a position of severe importance.

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac286/ryby6969/Gandycommit.png

Gandy has blistering speed and looks to come in and compete for the nickel position as well as a returner. If he does not make his way into the top 4 at CB, he will redshirt his Freshman year and look to work towards a starting position in his second season.

souljahbill
07-24-2012, 06:30 AM
:LSU:

The Tigers add 2 recruits....

:espnu150: :5star: ATH Mark Graham
5'11'' 185
Carnegie, PA
#23 overall, #6 ATH

76 overall (84% scouted)
89 speed
90 agility
92 acceleration
87 jump
80 play recognition
80 man coverage
84 zone coverage
86 press coverage
84 spin move
90 juke move
79 throwing power
84 throwing accuracy

This dude would SO play QB for me.

texacotea
07-24-2012, 07:15 AM
Ohio St picks up #2 in the class

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d34/texacotea/KevinMeadows.jpg

Meadows doesnt blow you away with his skills, but his size is what the coaches liked. He could possibly be moved to one of the safety spots or he will continue to be a big CB.

Papa LoneStar
07-24-2012, 07:17 AM
This dude would SO play QB for me.

I feel ya....but he will play CB for me. The #1 athlete Sheldon Hall (should be locked up soon) is 6'3" 207....90 speed, 87 agility, 89 acceleration, 85 throwing power, 82 throwing accuracy....he looks like he could play DB, too....but after a redshirt....those 5 attributes look to be nice for the offense I want to run. I also have the #1 QB locked up with his 96 throwing power and 82 accuracy just in case he doesn't work out.

Papa LoneStar
07-24-2012, 07:19 AM
Meadows doesnt blow you away with his skills, but his size is what the coaches liked. He could possibly be moved to one of the safety spots or he will continue to be a big CB.

6'4" at corner is definitely a luxury....very nice :3star:

psusnoop
07-24-2012, 07:24 AM
Oregon Lands FS C.J. Jones
http://cdn.www.easports.com/dynasty/static/1047/images/template/themes/ncaa13/avatars/7_B_B_009_SnapShot.png

C.J. Jones
Free Safety | Hard Hitter
Jones, C.J.
Home Ran Palos Verdes, CA
Height 6-0
Weight 191
Caliber :3star:
Rank #319 (#7 FS)

Speed 94 Strength 76 Agility 71
Acceleration 87 Jumping 71 Stamina 83 Injury 87
TACKLING
Tackle 87 Hit Power 82 Pursuit 75 Play Recognition 53
COVERAGE
Man Coverage 58 Zone Coverage 76 Press 58
BLOCK SHEDDING
Power Moves 56 Finesse Moves 56 Block Shedding 70

C.J. has been told very early in the process that barring an injury he is set to Redshirt his first season. The DB coaches hope that can work him hard to improve on this reaction to the play better. C.J. is raw and gets himself out of position quickly because with some coaching we got a really good prospect at FS.

Oregon lands Ath Daniel Cleveland

http://cdn.www.easports.com/dynasty/static/1047/images/template/themes/ncaa13/avatars/7_B_N_009_SnapShot.png

Home Jacinto City, TX
Height 5-11
Weight 180
Caliber :5star:
Rank #33 (#8 ATH)

BASE
Speed 84 Strength 60 Agility 82 Acceleration 83
Jumping 84 Stamina 82 Injury 83

RUSHING
Break Tackle 72 Trucking 60 Elusiveness 75 Stiff Arm 67
Spin Move 86 Juke Move 88 Carrying 89 Ball Carrier Vision 82
RECEIVING
Catching 73 Spectacular Catch 87 Catch In Traffic 84
Route Running 83 Release 84

Daniel is going to be a really big part of the Oregon offense heading forward. He was intrigued by the chance to get the ball both in the air and through some carries. With Oregon's offense he may just find himself getting a little of both. He has outstanding hands and this staff is excited at the possibilities.

The 4th overall commit and 3rd of the week was a huge get for Oregon, they landed P David Seymour

http://cdn.www.easports.com/dynasty/static/1047/images/template/themes/ncaa13/avatars/7_B_G_005_SnapShot.png

Home Manteca, CA
Height 6-0
Weight 210
Caliber :3star:
Rank #526 (#4 P)

KICKING
Kick Power 84 Kick Accuracy 81

Without question he is starting next season. This was a huge position of need and the staff knew they needed to address it early this season. With the P and FS locked down the staff can really go after some recruits that may be overlooked.

psuexv
07-24-2012, 09:00 AM
USC adds a versatile recruit to possibly fill some holes. Andy is well positioned to play QB or WR for the Trojans depending on where we need him. Right now he will probably come in and take a redshirt year at QB and see how some of the others on the depth chart progress.

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m521/psuexv/2012%20PH%20Recruits/andybratton.jpg

texacotea
07-24-2012, 10:28 AM
Love seeing these ath that can play multiple positions and where each user will use them. PSU does have a delima on his hands with Bratton and will be nice to see how he pans out in the position that he uses him for

psuexv
07-24-2012, 10:42 AM
Love seeing these ath that can play multiple positions and where each user will use them. PSU does have a delima on his hands with Bratton and will be nice to see how he pans out in the position that he uses him for

Yeah it's definitely cool to finally see that. As it stands now, he'll definitely be starting at QB since I have 2 FR(R) 79 overall behind a Senior Barkley and am solid at WR for the moment. I'll just have to remember that he can also play WR in the future if I need to move him.

Would be a cool feature to have when you are doing position changes if it noted the other positions OVR that he can play.

psusnoop
07-24-2012, 11:15 AM
Be nice if you could move him mid-season as well without hurting things or it saying QB such and such is on the two deep at WR.

Papa LoneStar
07-24-2012, 02:01 PM
That 87 route-running with Bratton is VERY nice at that size for WR

JeffHCross
07-24-2012, 07:57 PM
Would be a cool feature to have when you are doing position changes if it noted the other positions OVR that he can play.While it would be "quicker", it's not that hard to just scroll through other positions and see what the OVR would change to.

psuexv
07-25-2012, 10:05 AM
While it would be "quicker", it's not that hard to just scroll through other positions and see what the OVR would change to.

True, but I'm not going to sit there and do that for all 85 guys on my roster.

gschwendt
07-25-2012, 10:07 AM
True, but I'm not going to sit there and do that for all 85 guys on my roster.
Yeah, but you can look at your players' ratings and determine if/where they might fit. Then for the guys that could fit into multiple positions, you just check those. Obviously with the new ATHs it will be more, but we're not talking about your entire roster.

psuexv
07-25-2012, 10:15 AM
Yeah, but you can look at your players' ratings and determine if/where they might fit. Then for the guys that could fit into multiple positions, you just check those. Obviously with the new ATHs it will be more, but we're not talking about your entire roster.

*sigh* Yes, yes you can. All I'm saying is that would be a cool feature to have. Will I remember in 3 years that Bratton was a potential Wide Receiver, more than likely. I'm just saying it would be cool to have this displayed where his best fit at another position would be. The offseason and player changes takes a long time as it is, just trying to make it a little more streamlined.

JeffHCross
07-25-2012, 10:57 PM
Will I remember in 3 years that Bratton was a potential Wide ReceiverThis is why I have a notebook where I write down all my possible Offseason moves :)

gschwendt
07-27-2012, 06:50 AM
Player
Offers
Pos.
Description

http://i.imgur.com/WdiE0.png
:Michigan:
:Ohio_State:
:Notre_Dame:
QB
What can I say... top of Jones' priority list is he wanted to play for a winner and the moment Denard Robinson finished the game in the victory formation, Jones was making his commitment to the Wolverines. Not only did Jones get to see what kind of offense he'll be running next year but as well he specifically said "I don't want to go to Ohio State... they called four straight passes to end the game and lost. I want the ball in my hands at the end... I want a chance to run". Jones has all of the athleticism of Robinson shorting just a bit on speed. That said, he'll be a great QB the next four years in coach RexRod's Split Gun offense.
He chose Michigan over offers from Ohio State and Notre Dame.

http://i.imgur.com/9YP2w.png
WR
Austin was a backup plan to supplement Jones should he have chosen to go elsewhere. However, with Jones signing and QB Devin Gardner returning, Austin will slide over to WR where he will be much needed as well. While he doesn't have the burner speed that the Wolverines are in need of, he does have superb hands that will only develop more over the the next three years.
Michigan was the only school to offer Austin.

http://i.imgur.com/LRTlQ.png
:Florida_State:
:Cal:
C
Garrison is a bulldozer. He's a great signing for the run-first offense of Michigan and will likely remain at Center or possibly move over to Guard. Either way, he'll be clearing a path for the Wolverines for years to come.
He chose Michigan over offers from Florida State and Cal.

psuexv
07-27-2012, 08:47 AM
Big recruiting weekend as USC pulls in 3 commits while they were in L.A.

Kyle is a hard hitting FS that should fit right into the style of defense that the Trojans like to run. The thing that really stuck out with Kyle was his ability to wrap up and make a sure tackle. Expect to see him up on the line a lot when playing the Wolverines.

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m521/psuexv/2012%20PH%20Recruits/kylehall.jpg

USC also adds another strong defensive lineman to help strengthen our depth at that position. Depending on how early season camp goes Harold may redshirt or may get to see some playing time right away.

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m521/psuexv/2012%20PH%20Recruits/haroldcolvin.jpg

Plain and simple Anthony is a load. At only 5'11" he carries his 292 lbs extremely well and uses his low center of gravity to destroy people. Depending on how things shake out he could be potentially looked to move to center with his height.

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m521/psuexv/2012%20PH%20Recruits/AnthonyThomas.jpg

Oneback
07-27-2012, 08:57 AM
Texas lands four recruits over the weekend:

http://i.imgur.com/eanbf.png

A man among boys, King is one of the better downhill fillers and contact tacklers you will see at this stage. Intimidating toughness and physicality. Possesses an excellent blend of size, strength and power. Ready physically to make the jump to the college level and produce between the tackles. Has great short-range burst but also the speed to chase plays down sideline-to-sideline. Demonstrates very good instincts; gets an excellent downhill jump on running plays. Beats blockers to the point of attack with quickness but will also utilize his arm length and strength to shed and keep them off his body while scraping. Possesses dominate physical playing strength to take on and defeat at the point of attack. Holds is ground. Takes proper angles, maintains outside leverage then explodes onto ball carriers like a heat seeking missile. Runs through ball carriers with a powerful base and knock'em back style. Limits second efforts and does not give up leaky yardage. Moves through traffic well for his size and makes plays inside-out while keeping his legs free of trash. Effective sifting through traffic laterally on off-tackle pursuit, can shed and not lose a step; takes very good angles to the football from backside. Deceptively athletic outside the tackles. Changes direction and pursues without a lot of wasted movement for a 230-pound linebacker. While an explosive downhill filler he can turn and effectively chase plays down and produce outside the hashes. Causes disruption as a blitzer with his jump off the snap and closing burst. Not the most fluid in space but demonstrates the athleticism and recovery burst to hold up in coverage; can turn and run. Will need to sharpen his route awareness but we see the ability to be effective in both zone and man coverage on RB's. Excellent special team's potential and with added coverage skills should be able to stay on the field in long yardage situations. Overall, King has the physical, athletic and instinctive tools to rank as one of the top defensive prospects in the country and quickly become an integral part of defensive game plans in the fall of 2013.

http://i.imgur.com/S8rmA.png

Smith is a D-Line prospect who shows some potential as a 3-4 end, but if he plays in a 4-3 he will be an interior player. He has very good size now and should be able to add a little more needed bulk. He does not display elite, quick penetrating first-step quickness, but can get off the ball well. He flashes the ability as a run defender to be able to keep his pads down and bring his hands and extend and create separation and when he does that he is capable of being very stout with the ability to shed and play the ball. He does need to watch his pad level at times and can seem to play a little loose with his technique as he has the size and ability to get away with it versus a good deal of his present of competition, but he will need to play with more consistently technique wise at the next level. He displays solid short-area change-of-direction skills. He can overrun the play at times and be a bit of arm tackler, but displays strong hands to be able to finish when he gets cloth. As a pass rusher he demonstrates the ability to work some moves and be violent with his hands as well as attack half-a-man and with some further polish could be a productive interior rusher. Smith has some good physical ability. Things seem to come a little easy to him now and he will need to work to sure up areas of his game, but if he can do that he has the tools to be a good productive college D-Lineman.

http://i.imgur.com/a39rB.png

Cole is a very good offensive tackle with still plenty of upside. He is a long and somewhat lean prospect at this stage. He possesses excellent height and arm length for the tackle position. He does need to continue to develop his frame and add more good mass and improve strength, but he looks to have a frame that can easily support additional growth. His strength at this stage is as a pass blocker and he demonstrates the tools to be able to be a shut-down pass protector at left tackle. He possesses a fine combination of feet and arm length and with good quick hands he can deliver a good punch and stay busy with and reroute his hands. Displays the ability to play with good bend and slide his feet though he could still improve his pad level at times. He can kick back well to the deep set point and maintain balance and weight on his post foot and react to change in direction and he rarely gets caught out of position. He is a strong pass protector and while he needs more work he can also be a productive run blocker as well. He gets good hand placement and will drive his feet on contact and with his size can drive defenders off the ball at his current level, but he is not a consistently dominating run blocker. He flashes explosion on contact but needs to play with better leverage in order to more consistently get under defenders pads and use his natural pop. He looks to play exclusively from a 'two' point stance which seems to limit his ability to fire off with good pad leverage in the run game. He can push opponents around but needs to work to get lower and roll his hips on contact and maximize his power. He does have good feet and displays a good understanding of angles. He shows good pull and trap ability and does a good job of blocking in space though he can seem to lumber some in the open field. He gives good effort and looks to take care of business and finish blocks. Cole is prospect with the raw physical ability teams will look for in a tackle. He still has work to do as both a blocker and physically as he looks to still be growing into his size, but he shows very nice promise and his best football certainly seems ahead of him.

http://i.imgur.com/HTfAj.png

Sullivan is one of the best inline blockers we've seen; displays the explosion and dominant playing strength to knock defenders off the line of scrimmage. Although we see a very productive blocker at the tackle spot we feel his size and athleticism are better suited for the offensive guard position at the major level of competition; his experience at tackle definitely offers depth along the offensive line. We see a player with good flexibility, balance and agility; playing out of a three point stance this prospect comes off the ball low and hard with good initial fit and pad level. Can handle immediate quickness when drive blocking, showing the ability to protect his inside gap. This guy is a tough customer capable of giving defensive linemen a ride downfield. Rolls his hips, getting underneath opponents pads; sustains very well due to his excellent blocking base and leg drive. We see a punishing finisher who doesn't quit until his opponent is on the turf. Has the initial quickness and agility to reach and gain leverage on shaded linemen while demonstrating the ability to chip up on linebackers. This athlete has the ability to consistently get a hat on active 1st and 2nd level defenders along with the playing strength to make all the necessary run blocks at the next level of play. His experience on the edge at tackle will be a positive in pass protection; the nimble feet and quick hands we see should be assets in pass pro; sets quickly with the bend and athleticism necessary to help out of the center/guard box. Although we like his upper body playing strength and initial punch all areas on hand use will need refinement. Sullivan's dominant run blocking ability could earn him early situational playing time at the BCS level of competition.

Oneback
07-27-2012, 09:00 AM
Harold Colvin should've been suiting up in Austin - I feel a Reggie Bush-esque pay for play scheme going on.

psuexv
07-27-2012, 09:09 AM
Harold Colvin should've been suiting up in Austin - I feel a Reggie Bush-esque pay for play scheme going on.

:) We're still under close watch by the NCAA. We wouldn't dare try anything like that at this stage.

ryby6969
07-27-2012, 12:39 PM
Bama adds 1 more recruit before their massive recruiting week in Week 6.

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac286/ryby6969/Allen-Bama.png

Allen was coveted by Coach Davis and his staff because they feel they found a diamond in the rough. He has almost the same skill set as the #1 overall OLB, Clinton King, only he is rated as a :3star: rather than a :5star:. It required much less effort to land Allen, which mad King less of a priority. It will depend on spring whether or not he will redshirt, stay outside, or move to the middle next season. He is just one piece in what should be a stellar defensive class for the Tide.

Oneback
07-27-2012, 02:07 PM
I almost went after Allen early on as well, but with King being an in-state recruit I let it all hang on him.

ryby6969
07-27-2012, 03:01 PM
I almost went after Allen early on as well, but with King being an in-state recruit I let it all hang on him.
Yeah, I went the opposite direction. I was hoping to sneak in and snag King and Allen but I have 2 other 80 overall LB's I am going to sign. ;)

texacotea
07-27-2012, 03:22 PM
That 95 acceleration is nice

ryby6969
07-27-2012, 03:29 PM
That 95 acceleration is nice

Yeah, I fell in love with him after I scouted him! :D

Papa LoneStar
07-27-2012, 06:06 PM
:LSU: adds 2 more....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v160/daddy2002/2012-07-27_17-39-22.png
Other Offers: Texas, Georgia, Boise State, and Iowa

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v160/daddy2002/2012-07-27_17-45-05.png
Other Offers: Georgia, Nebraska, Texas, and Missouri

Oneback
07-27-2012, 06:47 PM
Jones hurt, especially after losing the other CB I was after earlier in the year. Bradshaw was a last minute throw in to block you from him.

Papa LoneStar
07-30-2012, 12:24 AM
:LSU: adds 4 recruits....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v160/daddy2002/2012-07-29_23-56-06.png
Other Offers: Miami, Missouri, Michigan State

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v160/daddy2002/2012-07-29_23-57-04.png
Other Offers: Florida, Texas

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v160/daddy2002/2012-07-29_23-58-27.png
Other Offers: n/a

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v160/daddy2002/2012-07-30_00-17-29.png
Other Offers: Texas A&M, Iowa

Oneback
07-30-2012, 12:31 AM
Donnell Lawrence hurt a little, I've loaded up on O-line so its not that bad but he looks to be good.

Papa LoneStar
07-30-2012, 12:38 AM
With having the luxury of not losing a ton of seniors....that was my goal this year....load up on the o-line....hopefully my playing style will translate into a young stud RB in next year's class. If everybody in my backfield returns....I'll have 2 seniors and a redshirt junior probably 90+ overall carrying the rock for the Tigers.

psusnoop
07-30-2012, 08:08 AM
Oregon picks up its 5th commitment of the year in :4star: OLB Michael Jones

http://cdn.www.easports.com/dynasty/static/1051/images/template/themes/ncaa13/avatars/6_B_N_004_SnapShot.png

Home Jefferson, PA
Height 6-0
Weight 227
Caliber :4star:
Rank #224 (#7 OLB)

OVR: 79 (+6) 100% Scouted
BASE
Speed 85 Strength 78 Agility 71 Acceleration 99
Jumping 82 Stamina 85 Injury 87
TACKLING
Tackle 78 Hit Power 87 Pursuit 80 Play Recognition 75
BLOCK SHEDDING
Power Moves 78 Finesse Moves 77 Block Shedding 77
COVERAGE
Man Coverage 65 Zone Coverage 66 Press 71

Michael the staff feels was a steal in this class. He clearly has the talent to be a stud for the Ducks and he is certainly ready to make an impact.

Papa LoneStar
07-30-2012, 08:27 AM
Filthy, Snoop....this seems to be the year of the OLB

gschwendt
07-30-2012, 08:33 AM
Player
Offers
Pos
Description

http://i.imgur.com/MjjDB.png
:North_Carolina:
:Tennessee:
:Washington:
SS
CB
WR
Thompson was recruited as one of several possibilities to play the Strong Safety position in coach RexRod's 3-3-5 defense. He'll either find himself as the cover Safety or depending on other signings might slide over to Cornerback. Since Thompson has the ability to play WR, he might find himself included in some offensive packages as well. Regardless though, with his shifty running ability, Thompson will almost certainly be the primary returnman on special teams in his first season.

souljahbill
07-30-2012, 08:50 AM
Oregon picks up its 5th commitment of the year in :4star: OLB Michael Jones

http://cdn.www.easports.com/dynasty/static/1051/images/template/themes/ncaa13/avatars/6_B_N_004_SnapShot.png

Home Jefferson, PA
Height 6-0
Weight 227
Caliber :4star:
Rank #224 (#7 OLB)

OVR: 79 (+6) 100% Scouted
BASE
Speed 85 Strength 78 Agility 71 Acceleration 99
Jumping 82 Stamina 85 Injury 87
TACKLING
Tackle 78 Hit Power 87 Pursuit 80 Play Recognition 75
BLOCK SHEDDING
Power Moves 78 Finesse Moves 77 Block Shedding 77
COVERAGE
Man Coverage 65 Zone Coverage 66 Press 71

Michael the staff feels was a steal in this class. He clearly has the talent to be a stud for the Ducks and he is certainly ready to make an impact.

Mike Jones!

JeffHCross
07-30-2012, 09:09 AM
Regardless though, with his shifty running ability, Thompson will almost certainly be the primary returnman on special teams in his first season.Completely nonsensical that Return isn't a scoutable attribute for ATH.

souljahbill
07-30-2012, 09:15 AM
Completely nonsensical that Return isn't a scoutable attribute for ATH.

You look at and use the return rating? I just pick the fastest non-starter as my returner.

gschwendt
07-30-2012, 09:17 AM
You look at and use the return rating? I just pick the fastest non-starter as my returner.
I look at more than just speed, but yes, I ignore the RET rating completely.

psusnoop
07-30-2012, 09:20 AM
I look at more than just speed, but yes, I ignore the RET rating completely.

carrying is a biggie for me but speed and acc typically are the only 3. If it's close then juke, spin and trucking get looked at after those 3.

psusnoop
07-30-2012, 09:21 AM
Filthy, Snoop....this seems to be the year of the OLB

Yeah I was pretty happy with Mike Jones, :D very happy to have him on board

souljahbill
07-30-2012, 09:24 AM
While we're on the subject of returning, I'd like to know who at Tiburon I need to give oral relations too so that my team can get down the field on punts as the cpu. Someone is in my face on every punt return and even if it's a 3-on-1 situation with me having the advantage, that one is just going to run right past all 3 guys and force me to fair catch.

gschwendt
07-30-2012, 11:42 AM
Michigan signs another during the week... anyone who might have scouted this guy, I'd love to have you fill in the blanks. And for anyone that didn't, can you confirm what his THP originally was? I want to say it was a D but might have been a C.

Player
Offers
Pos
Description

http://i.imgur.com/pw2Zi.png
WR
QB
Weaver was an odd signing for the Wolverines as they barely got to know him before he jumped at the chance to join the team. Unfortunately for Michigan, he will arrive on campus with lots of promise but no guarantees of what he brings. Seeing as his throwing strength was a major surprise while watching film, it stands to reason that there could be other surprises, good and bad, when all is said and done. Depending on his other abilities, he might challenge for starting time at Quarterback or may just be the speedy WR that the Wolverines are in need of. Time will tell.

Papa LoneStar
07-30-2012, 01:19 PM
Mike Jones!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIfPiJpvCcA

"Call up Dike Jones and tell him he just got wrecked!"

ryby6969
07-30-2012, 02:55 PM
Bama adds 3 more recruits this week despite the disappointing week.

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac286/ryby6969/Shaw-Bama.png

Shaw is an interesting prospect as coaches will have some work to figure out what position he will play. He has good pass rushing skills for a MLB, so he could end up as a OLB/DE hybrid in the future. The coaches love his 92 tackle rating as a Fresh, and he could be a tackling machine in a few years if he stays at MLB.

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac286/ryby6969/Shaffer-Bama.png

Shaffer is an interesting prospect as coaches really have no idea what they are getting with this young man. He was at the bottom of their list, but really wanted to play for the Tide and coaches felt it was worth the risk.

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac286/ryby6969/McCoy-Bama.png

Normally coach Davis does not look for JUCO players, but DE is a position of definite need next season as McCoy could start his first season. Coaches have a younger guy that could potentially sign any week for the future, but the Tide need someone who could possibly step up and start next season.

JeffHCross
07-30-2012, 07:47 PM
You look at and use the return rating? I just pick the fastest non-starter as my returner.It's like my fourth or fifth rating I look at, for a returner. Definitely not my primary differentiator. I've seen a few things happen that I attributed to the RET rating, though it could have been a different factor as well. Especially for punt return. For KR, I don't mind so much, but for my PR, I just feel safer not calling a fair catch if he has a decent RET rating.

Papa LoneStar
07-30-2012, 08:36 PM
And for anyone that didn't, can you confirm what his THP originally was? I want to say it was a D but might have been a C.

I just noticed he was in my "hmmmm....looks interesting" part of my board....just haven't got around to scouting him. His throwing power was a C....nice jump to 86.

gschwendt
07-30-2012, 08:53 PM
I just noticed he was in my "hmmmm....looks interesting" part of my board....just haven't got around to scouting him. His throwing power was a C....nice jump to 86.
Gracias... yeah, if he has decent accuracy, then I'll have a quandary on my hands with whether to put him at WR or QB.

JeffHCross
07-30-2012, 09:23 PM
Don't give him any info! He can still scout, :D :D :D Make him work for it!

gschwendt
07-30-2012, 09:25 PM
Don't give him any info! He can still scout, :D :D :D Make him work for it!
Well, in that case though, there's no way for me to go back in time to see what his THP originally was. Though I do probably have a CSV file of it before I scouted him.

JeffHCross
07-30-2012, 09:47 PM
Oh, dumbass. That was a misread on my part. I thought he was giving you the 86. Forgot you already had that.

Papa LoneStar
07-30-2012, 10:23 PM
I thought you couldn't scout after a player pledges?

gschwendt
07-30-2012, 10:49 PM
I thought you couldn't scout after a player pledges?
Jeff discovered that you can, but it appears to be only on the console side.

Papa LoneStar
07-31-2012, 08:10 AM
Good stuff....I will save that for late in the season.

JeffHCross
07-31-2012, 09:03 PM
Completely nonsensical that Return isn't a scoutable attribute for ATH.
So, I looked again and RET is listed on the console. Just not on the web?

Papa LoneStar
08-01-2012, 12:06 AM
:LSU: signs their #1 recruit on the Tiger Big Board....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v160/daddy2002/SheldonHallRecruit.png
Other Offers: USC, Texas A&M, Iowa, Michigan State

Sheldon will play QB for the Tigers and will redshirt to fully concetrate on the QB position as we transition into the Shirlee offense....featuring shotgun, I, wishbone, and flexbone packages.

razorback44
08-01-2012, 12:13 AM
Odd that he is listed as an ATH on the game but on the Week 8 advance status he is listed as a QB. Its almost as if EA is saying what position is his best.

- (*****) QB Sheldon Hall has committed to LSU

gschwendt
08-01-2012, 12:19 AM
Odd that he is listed as an ATH on the game but on the Week 8 advance status he is listed as a QB. Its almost as if EA is saying what position is his best.

- (*****) QB Sheldon Hall has committed to LSU
Actually it's always been that way. Presumably, EA builds these ATHs as regular position players, then tosses them extra attributes fitting of another position and calls them ATHs. The weekly update reflects their original position whereas everywhere that we see, it says they're an ATH. It's the same as my ATH Bryce Weaver... the update shows he's a WR. This year it's less clear which position they're original created from but previous years it was fairly obvious, even without the help of the update notes.

razorback44
08-01-2012, 12:35 AM
Actually it's always been that way. Presumably, EA builds these ATHs as regular position players, then tosses them extra attributes fitting of another position and calls them ATHs. The weekly update reflects their original position whereas everywhere that we see, it says they're an ATH. It's the same as my ATH Bryce Weaver... the update shows he's a WR. This year it's less clear which position they're original created from but previous years it was fairly obvious, even without the help of the update notes.

Interesting. I always assumed it was the other way. That the had a stock ATH template and they adjusted a couple attributes here or there to give you two or three places to play him.

Oneback
08-01-2012, 12:36 AM
Texas signs another - he'll more than likely end up playing DE.

http://i.imgur.com/qwh61.png

Owens is a kid with upside physically and as a player. He carries good bulk on his long frame, but still comes across as lean and should be able to pack on more good size with time in a college weight program. He is a kid who can quickly get off the ball. He flashes the ability to play with some bend and use his hands to take on and defeat blockers, but he needs to do both more consistently. He displays a good burst off the ball, but can tend to as quickly pop up and play tall and needs to work to keep his pads down. He can be active with his hands, but needs to keep improving upper body strength and use his reach to create better separation. He is able to get away with lapses in technique at the high school level as he seems to often be quite a bit above his competition, but at the college level he needs to stay lower and use his hands to protect himself or he will have some trouble holding his ground and getting off blocks. He is a kid that runs well and has good straight-line speed though he can display some rigidness and does not change directions as smoothly as he seems to run. He is a good and physical tackler though he can overrun the ball at times which he leads him to grab for jersey and have to try and sling ball carriers down. With his long build and his initial burst he could develop into a good pass rusher. He can flash the ability to be active with his weapons and will try and get to half-a-man and use his hands to work off blocks. He does need to make sure he has a plan and develop his pass rush arsenal as well as stay lower and not give blockers a big target to get their hands on. Owens can be a bit raw in areas, but the kid can get off the ball and run and displays good physical upside, all things that will draw the attention of recruiters. If he can work on the small things and develop aspects of his game to allow him to get the most out of his abilities he could be a good and disruptive college defender.

texacotea
08-01-2012, 07:00 AM
tOSU gets its 3rd commitment of the year

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d34/texacotea/ArtAllen.jpg

Art is a WR that wont blow you away with his speed but makes up for it in his release and his route running. Allen will likely redshirt to get a better handle on the offense but the staff is happy to get his pledge.

psuexv
08-01-2012, 08:12 AM
:LSU: signs their #1 recruit on the Tiger Big Board....

This one hurts. But completely my fault. Papa do you remember who was #1 on his board to start the year, you or I. Here's a prime instance of scouting being deceiving. I kept seeing the -6 next to him and didn't pay much attention to him until I got some other people signed and really looked at him :fp: Didn't start pushing until it was pretty much too late.

psusnoop
08-01-2012, 08:16 AM
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt52/psusnoop/rsz_2photo.png

Oregon continues to focus on Defense this year adding another LB'r this time a MLB Ed Osborn who will likely redshirt next season and look to bolster the defense the following year. Ed comes to Eugene with some nice upside and will be playing along Mike Jones for 4 years.

This signing and their continued strong pursuit of MLB William Conner has many wondering if they will look to mix in any 3-4 in the upcoming seasons. The messages boards are abuzz with speculation.

The staff was asked if losing Darius Morris hurts and there has been some rumors floating around about housing and stuff. It was report that Mrs. Morris was seen in LA looking at some apartments which wouldn't be abnormal but Mrs. Morris and family are known to not have much income even living in Santa Ana, CA which has an estimated median of $53,000 per household. It will be interesting to follow and to see if Yahoo or anyone else gets ahold of this story and runs with it.

psuexv
08-01-2012, 08:25 AM
Can't see that image Snoop but I'm assuming it's because of this :)

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m521/psuexv/dariusmorris2.jpg

psuexv
08-01-2012, 09:00 AM
USC pulls in 2 more recruits.

Darius is another versetile Athlete that will allow the coaching staff to take a nice look at him and Bratton and decide who is better suited at QB and WR.

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m521/psuexv/dariusmorris.jpg

We also pulled in a punter in this class. Cedric has a strong leg and should be able to see some good experience right off of the bat

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m521/psuexv/cedricfranklin.jpg

Papa LoneStar
08-01-2012, 09:55 AM
Papa do you remember who was #1 on his board to start the year, you or I.

I would guess you, because of it being in the west and Colorado is not a pipeline state....although that wonderful state has given me 2 superb QBs (once the #1 QB and his 96 power signs)....looking at my QB depth behind my junior....I definitely got bailed out.

Here's a prime instance of scouting being deceiving. I kept seeing the -6 next to him and didn't pay much attention to him until I got some other people signed and really looked at him :fp: Didn't start pushing until it was pretty much too late.

Yea....it didn't list him as a bust....he still has some nice ratings....especially for the option I want to run.

Papa LoneStar
08-01-2012, 10:00 AM
The staff was asked if losing Darius Morris hurts and there has been some rumors floating around about housing and stuff. It was report that Mrs. Morris was seen in LA looking at some apartments which wouldn't be abnormal but Mrs. Morris and family are known to not have much income even living in Santa Ana, CA which has an estimated median of $53,000 per household. It will be interesting to follow and to see if Yahoo or anyone else gets ahold of this story and runs with it.

I'm willing to back this story....Sheldon Hall mentioned this type of benefits also, but he settled for a daily shrimp fondeaux buffet.

psusnoop
08-01-2012, 10:03 AM
I'm willing to back this story....Sheldon Hall mentioned this type of benefits also, but he settled for a daily shrimp fondeaux buffet.

Damn as Head Coach of Oregon, I fully expect this type of treatment when I visit your camp next season to go over tactics on how to beat Texas :nod:

gschwendt
08-01-2012, 10:03 AM
Player
Offers
Pos
Description

http://i.imgur.com/XlpSC.png
LOLB
SS
Andrews was a nice signing for the Wolverines who targeted him as a perfect tweener for their defense. Depending on the rest of the recruiting process, Andrews might find himself redshirting his first year so he can bulk up and move to Lou LB in the 3-3-5 as a coverage LB. While he won't be a monster LB, he does have abilities to get to the ball but will especially be integral in covering all of the TEs that everyone loves to target.

http://i.imgur.com/3UZMX.png
:Alabama:
MLB
Brown is an excellent Linebacker with a nose for the ball and the ability to punish the ball carrier. With his size, strength, speed, and moderate coverage ability, he'll become a the stud that Michigan is looking for in the middle of their defense.

http://i.imgur.com/H3Lq4.png
:Ohio_State:
:Michigan_State:
G
C
McCarthy is a beast, through and through. While fairy-tales and legends built him up higher than he really was, once you saw the film on him, you knew that certainly he was special and knew that those fairy-tales and legends would become fact over time. Without question, he'll contribute immediately and will start at least 3 if not all 4 years he's on campus.

psusnoop
08-01-2012, 10:08 AM
McCarthy was hyped because of lack of competition in High School where he just steam rolled everyone he played. I still am not sure that the scouting really did him in though and think he will be an absolute stud for Meechigan. They slammed him for the competition he was playing and not really putting the value into the camps he participated in. Nice get for Meechigan :up:

psuexv
08-01-2012, 10:08 AM
Yea....it didn't list him as a bust....he still has some nice ratings....especially for the option I want to run.

Well I was just stupid. Yeah he was -6 but he was still an 80 overall :smh:

gschwendt
08-01-2012, 10:09 AM
McCarthy was hyped because of lack of competition in High School where he just steam rolled everyone he played. I still am not sure that the scouting really did him in though and think he will be an absolute stud for Meechigan. They slammed him for the competition he was playing and not really putting the value into the camps he participated in. Nice get for Meechigan :up:
Yeah... I can't really complain. I would have loved for him to be an 89 OVR true freshman but I guess I can settle for 82 :)

psuexv
08-01-2012, 10:10 AM
looking at my QB depth behind my junior....I definitely got bailed out.

Me too. After Barkley leaves this year I have 2 FR(RS) QBs with Ovr of 79s. One of these kids coming in will probably start.

Papa LoneStar
08-01-2012, 10:15 AM
Damn as Head Coach of Oregon, I fully expect this type of treatment when I visit your camp next season to go over tactics on how to beat Texas :nod:

Haha....only if you bring the garlic bread.

Well I was just stupid. Yeah he was -6 but he was still an 80 overall :smh:

I'm hoping that he is an 80 ATH but an 84 QB :D

gschwendt
08-01-2012, 11:18 AM
Top Classes as of Week 8

Rank
Team
5:1star:
4:1star:
3:1star:
2:1star:
1:1star:
Total

USC

LSU

Michigan

Texas

Notre Dame

Alabama

Arkansas

Oregon

Florida State

Oklahoma State

Texas A&M

Ohio State

razorback44
08-01-2012, 12:22 PM
One of my 2*'s is the #1 FB. He's actually one of my favorite recruits so far because FB is such a big part of my offense. With Kiero Small graduating this year, he will probably be a starter from day 1. Definitely looking forward to getting him in to the offense next year.

http://i.imgur.com/x2VBq.png?1

texacotea
08-01-2012, 12:34 PM
I was after McCarthy pretty hard but the (-7) scared me a little and then UM pulled a lead so i decided to focus else where. The offer from tOSU was a non commitable offer.

Papa LoneStar
08-01-2012, 12:57 PM
The offer from tOSU was a non commitable offer.

lmao :D

Oneback
08-01-2012, 01:18 PM

I'm always amazed (not that it matters in the game) that a 5-star guard can be six foot tall, in real life no matter how good he is he'd be no better than a 2- or 3-star. It'll be interesting to see how well he does against the 6'4'' or 6'8'' defensive linemen I've been landing.

gschwendt
08-01-2012, 01:24 PM
I'm always amazed (not that it matters in the game) that a 5-star guard can be six foot tall, in real life no matter how good he is he'd be no better than a 2- or 3-star. It'll be interesting to see how well he does against the 6'4'' or 6'8'' defensive linemen I've been landing.We're not in need of cranes for pass blocking, we're looking for steam rollers to run block. Tall defensive linemen won't matter when they're laying on their back. ;)

Oneback
08-01-2012, 01:53 PM
We're not in need of cranes for pass blocking, we're looking for steam rollers to run block. Tall defensive linemen won't matter when they're laying on their back. ;)

In the trenches I'll take bigger, stronger, faster over stronger, faster.

ryby6969
08-01-2012, 02:57 PM
BTW, the Alabama coaching staff denies all claims that they were actively pursuing that MLB.

ryby6969
08-01-2012, 03:30 PM
Bama lands 3 more this week:

Jordan Abrams
Tight End | Blocking
Abrams, Jordan
Home Montevallo, AL
Height 6-7
Weight 267
Caliber
Rank #231 (#11 TE)
Interest
1st

Schools
Skills
Pitch info

TE Skills All Skills
OVR: 76 (+4) 37% Scouted
BASE
Speed80 Strength78
AgilityD AccelerationD
JumpingD Stamina84
InjuryC
RECEIVING
CatchingC Spectacular CatchC
Catch In Traffic79 Route Running81
Release73
BLOCKING
Pass BlockD Run Block78
Impact BlockingB
RUSHING
Break TackleC TruckingC
Elusiveness65 Stiff ArmD
Spin MoveD Juke MoveC
CarryingD Ball Carrier VisionD

Tyrone Welsh
Guard | Pass Block
Welsh, Tyrone
Home St. Martin, MS
Height 6-3
Weight 291
Caliber
Rank #28 (#3 G)
Interest
1st

Schools
Skills
Pitch info

G Skills All Skills
OVR: 77 (-3) 70% Scouted
BASE
Speed71 StrengthB
Agility74 AccelerationB
Jumping56 StaminaD
Injury84
BLOCKING
Pass Block85 Run Block80
Impact Blocking78

Brandon Dixon
DE | Pass Rusher
Dixon, Brandon
Home Lenoir City, TN
Height 6-0
Weight 239
Caliber
Rank #173 (#10 DE)
Interest
1st

Schools
Skills
Pitch info

DE Skills All Skills
OVR: 78 (+5) 100% Scouted
BASE
Speed79 Strength73
Agility72 Acceleration90
Jumping59 Stamina77
Injury78
BLOCK SHEDDING
Power Moves84 Finesse Moves81
Block Shedding78
TACKLING
Tackle77 Hit Power78
Pursuit77 Play Recognition78

gschwendt
08-02-2012, 10:19 PM
Player
Offers
Pos
Description

http://i.imgur.com/y4QLw.png
OT
Thankfully weight is not very important or otherwise Petty would get pushed around all over the field. However, his skills do measure up to what the Wolverines are looking for along their offensive line. He'll likely redshirt his first year on campus so that he can bulk up, that or he may be evaluated as a blocking Tight End.

http://i.imgur.com/ECIBx.png
:Iowa:
:Alabama:
SS
CB
WR
Torres was among several players that were targeted for their potential to play multiple positions, particularly as a DB in their 3-3-5 defense. While his tackling needs to improve in order to play every-down at SS, he does have the future potential to play the position with his play recognition and pursuit abilities. Just like other athlete signings, Torres will be evaluated once he steps on campus next fall. With his speed and catching abilities, there is also potential for Torres to play the WR position depending on how the rest of the class shakes out.

Papa LoneStar
08-02-2012, 11:17 PM
:LSU: adds 2 more....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v160/daddy2002/CameronHodges.png

Other Offers: Iowa, Ohio State

*Hodges will compete with fellow Colorado :5star: Sheldon Hall for the backup position in 2013 for the Tigers. Rumor has it is the loser will redshirt although Coach Shirlee seems to want Hall to redshirt so he can develop more as a passer.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v160/daddy2002/JordanColbert.png

Other Offers: Air Force

*Coach Shirlee is very pleased to bring a power back into the fold. Colbert will redshirt as the Tigers have a chance to have three 90+ rated running backs in 2013.

Oneback
08-03-2012, 12:47 AM
Texas adds two more:

http://i.imgur.com/5x4Hq.png

Hunter is a productive load-back at the high school level who should carry power and workhorse type qualities onto college. Lacks a bit of height but has a great power-base and overall thickness for the position. Compact body structure helps him wear down a defense, bounce off first contact and stay durable. Top-end speed is lacking but he flashes solid burst through the hole and runs with a strong and decisive, downhill style. Hits the line of scrimmage at close to full speed and with urgency. Quick to square up and get downhill. For the most takes what his blockers give him showing minimal cutback vision and wiggle. Does run with a low center of gravity and great lean allowing him to get small through the seams when needed. The bulk of his yards stem from hard between the tackles runs and yards after contact. He is a bruising back who looks to initiate punishment. Runs low and behind his pads making his compact frame difficult to wrap up solidly. Barrels through lower arm-tackles with his powerful hips and thighs and his upper-body is just as stout stiff-arming smaller DB's. Can absorb a hit, keeps his legs driving and is balanced on contact but is not real balanced from an agility standpoint. Looks to run over defenders not around and his lack of elusiveness, stiffer hips and speed is concern when projecting as a featured back. May be more of change-of-pace power back in college and a guy who comes in to wear down a defense or you feed the ball to when trying to run out the clock and get the tough yards. He does show he can catch the ball out of the backfield, has the size and strength to develop into a solid blocker so an every-down role is not out of the question. Overall, Hunter is not going to make many defenders miss at the next level but he should add an immediate element of power to his future backfield.

http://i.imgur.com/AL5hE.png

This guy is a galloping horse of a weapon. He is the ideal combination of strength and size and is a load to handle in the open field after the catch. Thomas powers off the line with surge and intimidates DBs. Is tall and thick with a wide wingspan. Is built like a taller Justin Blackmon and he may be faster. Is a smooth athlete. Shows good initial quickness and can get in and out of his breaks fluidly. He has impressive leaping ability and will make some acrobatic catches on jump balls. Shows good vision, quickness and toughness as a runner after the catch. He flashes quick, soft hands and is natural at extending away from his frame to snag the ball. Will make some catches in traffic. Will cradle and body catch some balls thrown at his midsection. Is tough and aggressive. Not afraid to go over the middle. He has deceptive, competitive speed and excellent foot quickness. Can get on top of defenders quickly because they don't know how to judge his speed. Has the tools to develop into an elite redzone target because of the size/strength and long arms. Can leap and shows excellent body control when elevating. After the catch he is capable of not only making the first defender miss, but also running through defenders and stiff arming his way through the open field. However, Thomas is also inconsistent with his focus and concentration. Will drop balls he should easily catch and must do a better job of maintaining focus for the duration of a series, game. Over the course of the spring and summer we would expect this guy to really heat up. He is a playmaker and the measruables alone make him one to watch. Thomas has big play ability for the BCS level.

texacotea
08-03-2012, 05:37 AM
Someone help Ryby with his recruits, its cluttering up this nice thread we have. Also Piss on A&M I wanted Kevin Moore

texacotea
08-03-2012, 07:26 AM
:Ohio_state: Picks up 4 commitments this week

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d34/texacotea/AndrewDavis.jpg

Andrew is a big strong kid that knows how to block. His blocking skills along with his strength is what had the staff wanting this kid. Depending on which way the offense moves he will be able to fit either one. Davis will come in with a chip on his shoulder because the Buckeyes were his only offer.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d34/texacotea/JoeDaniel.jpg

Joe is a quick linebacker, and because of his great acceleration it makes him look faster than he actually is. Daniel will sit a year and prepare for his role in the 3-3-5 defense the Buckeyes run. The Buckeyes were his only offer.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d34/texacotea/MikalClemmons.jpg

Mikal has been the staffs #1 target for most of the year. This kid brings the wood and loves to hit, performed very well in coverage in his camp settings, stregnth is good and is an all around good player that the staff is very happy to have. Mikal being from Ohio only had one school in mind and was rumored he was a silent since his visit.

Offers: AF, Georgia

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d34/texacotea/scottjohnson-1.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d34/texacotea/SJcont.jpg

Ahhh, Scott Johnson a kid who remains a mystery. Scott has good coverage skills but also posseses the ability to play receiver. At 6'2 he will be a nice addition to Meadows on the other side. This would give the Buckeyes 2 tall cbs. With Johnson being the better of the 2. With a redshirt ahead and the coaches wanting Johnson to be laser timed in his 40 to give a honest answer about his speed, Johnson will have multiple times to prove himself. After Johnson and his coaches pulled some shady tactics Coach G and the Wolverines pulled the scholly they had offered him.

psusnoop
08-03-2012, 07:36 AM
http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/3766/rsz1nathanhardy5starte.png

TE certainly wasn't on the big board heading into the season with Oregon sitting with a JR H-back, and 1 SO TE and 3 FR TE's already but Nathan Hardy made it clear early on that he wanted to come to Eugene and he wants to play in this fun offense. The staff after watching film, and seeing him play realized very early on that they needed to get Hardy here next season. Hardy will may RS next season but that certainly isn't a given, if the staff feels they can get him onto the field for 15 or so snaps a game then he is going to play. With his great hands and vision he is certainly an asset for the Ducks offense. The key is what will happen at the 2 positions of H-back and TE moving forward. I can certainly see one of the current Redshirted TE's being moved to FB/H-back next year and Hardy sliding into their spot on the depth chart. The only real knock thus far is his blocking but some of that was the competition he was playing. With a full year with our strength coaches here, Hardy will be ready to battle the big boys for sure.

psuexv
08-03-2012, 08:14 AM
96 Throw Power on the #1 QB... :whoa:

psuexv
08-03-2012, 08:17 AM
USC lands 1 more recruit this week

Trey was a pleasant surprise for the Trojans as after giving him further evaluation the really noticed he has a really nice set of skills. Most teams were impressed with his explosion off of the line that he showed in a number of camps, but USC took notice to how well he actually ran his routes and kept himself under control with his speed. Trey should be able to redshirt and really develop his game, but can definitely step in if needed.

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m521/psuexv/2012%20PH%20Recruits/treybarr.jpg

JeffHCross
08-03-2012, 06:10 PM
Someone help Ryby with his recruits, its cluttering up this nice thread we have.There's a reason why I'm not even bothering to post :D

ryby6969
08-03-2012, 06:18 PM
There's a reason why I'm not even bothering to post :D

I was strapped for time when I posted them and have just been lazy and did not go back and change them. :D

texacotea
08-03-2012, 09:54 PM
There's a reason why I'm not even bothering to post :D

I was strapped for time when I posted them and have just been lazy and did not go back and change them. :D

Unacceptable

JeffHCross
08-04-2012, 12:48 AM
It's time to catch up on the Florida State Class of 2013:
Bryan Stephens
#80 ATH
Committed: Week 6
Johnstown, PA
6'2" 186 lbs
Athlete
OVR: 75 (+2) (42% scouted)

THP
ACC
MCV
ZCV

Stephens was targeted early as a versatile player that could slide into several different spots on the Florida State roster. He plays both ways for his high school team, with most of his snaps at either QB or Safety. He is expected to practice some at QB and FS. His tackling skills are not up to where they would need to be to fill the team need at SS, but he could possibly allow someone else to move from FS to SS instead. Florida State was Stephens only offer.
Josh Rogers
#4 C | #118 OVR
Committed: Week 6
Brandon, FL
6'1" 282 lbs
Pass Block
OVR: 74 (-1) (100% scouted)

PBK
RBK
IBL

While losing Andrew Garrison to the hated Wolverines in Week 5 did damage the Seminoles recruiting plans, Garrison was always the #2 Center on the Florida State board. Josh Rogers is a hair more talented than Garrison, and he had the top spot on the board at a position of need. Rogers is expected to stay at Center and allow another Seminole to slide to guard in the future. Rogers chose Florida State over an offer from Arizona.
Nick Winston
#30 WR | #185 OVR
Committed: Week 7
Aventura, FL
6'1" 172 lbs
Speed
OVR: 74 (+5) (95% scouted)

SPD
AGI
ACC
CAR

For a "speed" wideout, Winston was not as fast as the Florida State coaches hoped he might be, but they were nevertheless impressed with his raw quickness as a high school senior. The coaching staff knows that Winston will need to improve on his catching in order to see playing time in Tallahassee, but they believe that will come with time in the program. With high marks on carrying the ball, Winston may see early playing time in the Return game. UNC also extended an offer to Winston.
Steve Amos
#38 ATH
Committed: Week 7
North Naples, FL
6'2" 202 lbs
Athlete
OVR: 76 (+9) (75% scouted)

SPD
ACC
CAR
BCV

While most scouts have pegged Amos as a Wide Receiver, the Seminoles staff is interested in how the young talent may take to carrying the ball in the backfield. His receiving skills would come in handy on swing passes, and it would allow Amos to utilize his surprising skills at holding onto the football and finding the hole. No other teams gave Amos an offer.
Ryan Yates
#22 DE
Committed: Week 8
St. Martinville, LA
6'6" 243 lbs
Pass Rusher
OVR: 78 (+8) (100% scouted)

SPD
AGI
PMV
PUR

A classic case of overlooked talent, Yates appeared to be a lackluster package at first glance. But once Florida State coaches took a look at the game film, they discovered a Gem hiding beneath. Yates's "game speed" was much quicker than his 40-time indicates, and he consistently manages to get off blocks and pressure the quarterback. Originally thought to be a possible DT, Yates will take his place opposite Mario Williams as the two bookends of the Florida State line. Everyone else overlooked this Louisiana talent.
Jason Lowe
#14 CB
Committed: Week 8
Trenton, NJ
6'2" 198 lbs
Hard Hitter
OVR: 72 (-) (100% scouted)

SPD
ACC
MCV
PUR

Lowe will add some needed depth to the Florida State secondary, though his contributions may be limited to spot substitutions or nickel/dime packages. Lowe chose the Seminoles over Wisconsin and Rutgers.
Zac Smith
#2 T | #49 OVR
Committed: Week 9 (mid-week)
Kings Point, FL
6'5" 288 lbs
Pass Block
OVR: 77 (-1) (100% scouted)

PBK
RBK
ACC
AGI

It's a rare thing when a man of 288 pounds rates out at 94 in acceleration, and yet the Florida State coaching staff is dissapointed. Zac Smith finally committed to the Seminoles in Week 9. He should compete for, at least, a backup Tackle role in 2013. Illinois was Smith's only other offer.

JeffHCross
08-04-2012, 04:13 PM
Florida State adds one more:
Steve Johnson
#22 K
:2star:
Committed: Week 10
Hemet, CA
6'1" 207 lbs
Power
OVR: 79 (+10) (66% scouted)

KPW

Johnson surprised scouts with a massive, booming leg once the game film was reviewed. Based on his performance at last year's summer camps, Johnson was only a 2-star prospect and far down on many team's boards. But his game film revealed a leg strength that rivals some of the best kickers in this year's class, and could possibly place him in the Top 15 of current collegiate kickers.

gschwendt
08-05-2012, 09:17 AM
Player
Offers
Pos
Description

http://i.imgur.com/Im8rR.jpg
:Northwestern:
:Cincinnati:
WR
While expectations of Thomas were not met, he does provide a much needed downfield target that the Wolverines were looking for. His 6'7 height and speed will be an excellent target to stretch the field to offset the Michigan run game, only problem will be whether or not he'll be able to hold onto the ball once it's thrown his way. Expect Bo to redshirt his first year with the expectation that a little training will do him some good.

http://i.imgur.com/QL1Kl.jpg
:Notre_Dame:
:Nebraska:
:Navy:
ROLB
Thomas Cox is the perfect ROLB for the Wolverines' 3-3-5 defense. With skills at not only a rush linebacker but also above average skills as a cover linebacker, he'll contribute immediately and possibly start as a true freshman. Only time will tell if he'll have more sacks or interceptions over his career.

psuexv
08-06-2012, 08:13 AM
USC lands another defensive player to this class. With definite needs on the defensive side of the ball after this year the staff has been going hard after some defensive playmakers this year. Nick is no exception. He definitely impressed the staff with a lot of his attributes and his ability to lay the lumber. He will need to work on his man to man skills but should see most of his time roaming the field.

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m521/psuexv/2012%20PH%20Recruits/nickwilliams.jpg

psusnoop
08-06-2012, 08:57 AM
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt52/psusnoop/rsz_williamconner.png

William is coming into a program that is hell bent on having it's LB'rs make some noise. William will fit into this mold very well given his shear ability to be around the ball at all times. He has just a natural gift to flow to the ball. He isn't afraid of a little contact either. It will be hard for the staff to not play William quite a bit his Freshman year. Time will tell though, but these kids are making sure that everyone remembers Osborn, Jones and Conner.

razorback44
08-06-2012, 09:37 PM
Bo Thomas's speed is 94 and that is after it went down with scouting?!? :whoa:

JeffHCross
08-06-2012, 09:39 PM
Sometimes the arrows are deceiving. If his original Speed was an A, and his scouted was a 94, then it shouldn't indicate a down arrow, because a 94 is within an A. I've noticed that happen a few times on my guys, when a rating is exactly where I'd expect, but it gets an Up/Down.

Oneback
08-07-2012, 12:48 AM
Texas signs another:

http://i.imgur.com/rYhbw.png

Stephens is one of those players you can't help but like because he just makes plays. He is not flashy or spectacular in any one area, but he is productive. Possesses adequate height, but is well built. Is strong and works to get open - especially off the line. He has a nice combination of size and athleticism. Plays quicker than you would think and has sneaky top-end speed. This guy knows how to get open and he catches everything thrown his way. Displays outstanding hands and can consistently catch balls over his head. Shows excellent sideline awareness to adjust to the ball and attack at its highest point. Shows strong hands to pluck in traffic and knows how to use his frame to shield defenders from the ball. Can snatch the ball on the run with very little wasted motion for a player his size. Is very good from the slot on crossing routes and option routes where he must locate and throttle in the hole. Does not possess elite initial burst, but climbs the ladder to top speed once he gets going in a straight line. Is sneaky quick into and out of his cuts. Knows how to set up defenders and is a nice route runner for a young player. We are a little concerned about just how good Stephens's top-end speed is, if he got in a footrace against elite secondary players we do not feel he would be a huge homerun threat after the catch for the next level. Appears to have some ankle stiffness which limits his lateral agility to some degree. Overall, Stephens is a guy that can play inside and outside and works to be good. He is reliable and productive despite a lack of great, sudden explosiveness.

gschwendt
08-07-2012, 01:00 AM
Player
Offers
Pos
Description

http://i.imgur.com/hvylx.png
:Illinois:
FS
HB
Like many of the players that the Wolverines targeted this season, Marks was sought after because of his ability to play multiple positions. In this case, Jake would make an excellent centerfielder FS in the Michigan 3-3-5, lacking only Man Coverage ability. However, Marks also split time in the backfield during high school which could translate to the Michigan offense, particularly if HB Toussaint decides to leave early for the NFL.

Also, I previously posted about Bryce Weaver but he was not fully scouted... since I'm narrowing down to the end of my class, I decided to find out what position he'll be playing. In this case, he'll most likely redshirt his freshman year as a Quarterback.
http://i.imgur.com/ib62g.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/Hbo3K.png

psusnoop
08-07-2012, 07:11 AM
Oregon lands 3 more to the class this year.

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt52/psusnoop/rsz_trent_shelton.png

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt52/psusnoop/rsz_danny_peterson.png

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt52/psusnoop/rsz_randall_garcia.png

psuexv
08-07-2012, 08:32 AM
USC pulls in a big recruit.

If you have ever seen film on Brandon you know why the Trojans had him as a top priority. The kid flat out flies. A lot of people are calling him the fastest kid in the nation but the pure speed was not the top priority for the Trojans. His ability to get to top speed and his elusiveness were two things that impressed USC the most. We were also pleasantly surprised with how well he caught the ball out of the backfield and he should really create some mismatches on some LBs.

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m521/psuexv/2012%20PH%20Recruits/brandonwilliams.jpg

psusnoop
08-07-2012, 09:09 AM
I'm still a little sour I brought him to your attention :D Just kidding nice pull and I'm glad I get to beat his ass into the ground for the next 3 years. There is no way he will want to take that kind of abuse for the full 4 years

psuexv
08-07-2012, 09:12 AM
I'm glad I get to beat his ass into the ground for the next 3 years.

You've got to be able to catch him first

texacotea
08-07-2012, 10:08 AM
anyone else having problems with the dynasty wire and recruiting? When I click on a player to recruit it takes me to a white screen. Sorta like the problem I was having last week sometime at work.

gschwendt
08-07-2012, 10:12 AM
anyone else having problems with the dynasty wire and recruiting? When I click on a player to recruit it takes me to a white screen. Sorta like the problem I was having last week sometime at work.
I'm doing the Recruiting OD from the web this very moment with no problems.

psuexv
08-07-2012, 10:17 AM
I did it earlier today for another OD an it worked.

texacotea
08-07-2012, 11:46 AM
had to update the Java on this laptop

psusnoop
08-07-2012, 12:02 PM
had to update the Java on this laptop

Problem solved!

texacotea
08-07-2012, 12:39 PM
thanks for the help :)

ryby6969
08-07-2012, 01:36 PM
I just got a 1600+ point call on a important prospect! ;) One of the users will be pretty upset hopefully.

gschwendt
08-07-2012, 01:38 PM
I just got a 1600+ point call on a important prospect! ;) One of the users will be pretty upset hopefully.
I possibly hate you very much.

psuexv
08-07-2012, 02:07 PM

What he said

psuexv
08-07-2012, 03:02 PM
Not to be confused with Brandon Williams the RB, USC signs another Brandon Williams. This time a Center. Brandon will fill a hole on the offensive line which graduates 2 senior centers. Hopefully some adjustments can be made with returning players and expect Brandon to see a redshirt to develop

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m521/psuexv/2012%20PH%20Recruits/BrandonWilliams-1.jpg

ryby6969
08-07-2012, 04:17 PM
Catching up with Bama's recruits, here are the one's that stand out so far:

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac286/ryby6969/TyroneWelsh-Bama.png

Welsh was very important for a coaching staff looking to solidify both lines.

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac286/ryby6969/Dixon-Bama.png

Brandon Dixon is going to be an important piece of the puzzle for the Bama defense for the future, as he has incredible burst off the line and above average pass rush skills at his age.

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac286/ryby6969/Abrams-Bama.png

Abrams will be looking to do big things in a few years as coach Davis loves big red zone targets, and at 6'7" he is just that.

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac286/ryby6969/Weber-Bama.png
http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac286/ryby6969/Weber-continued.png

Brian Weber is and interest sign for the Tide. He has the potential to play multiple positions, including CB, S, and QB. The coaching staff has their work cut out for them in finding out what position Weber can best help the team.
http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac286/ryby6969/Morris-Bama.png

Morris was a position of need, and it is always a plus when you can find a :4star: kicker.
http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac286/ryby6969/M-Dixon-Bama.png

Like Weber, Mike Dixon is an all around athlete that can come in and contribute at multiple positions.

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac286/ryby6969/Massey-Bama.png

Massey is coming in as part of a stellar LB class and will compete for playing time right away. With the Tide bringing in 3 LB's with a rating of 80 overall, he be in for a fight to get on the field.

Papa LoneStar
08-07-2012, 06:26 PM
:LSU: adds 2 gems to the current #1 class....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v160/daddy2002/GJamesPayne.png

Other offers: Bowling Green, Central Michigan

*James Payne completes the Tigers' 4 man OL class in 2012....very nice run blocker....will be the other candidate along with :5star: guard Aaron Moore to slide over to center.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v160/daddy2002/OLBSeanWilliams.png

Other Offers: Cal, Eastern Carolina

*Sean Williams is a very nice plan B as the Tigers lost to Texas for the services of #1 OLB Clinton King.

texacotea
08-07-2012, 06:53 PM
Update from BuckeyeGrove:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d34/texacotea/Jackson.jpg

Clayton isnt as fast as the Buckeyes wants but he is a smart player and a solid tackler. Clayton will redshirt his first year but will compete for the starting job in year 2.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d34/texacotea/Capturebanks.jpg

Banks is a big time get for the Buckeyes with great acceleration and very good top end speed, he could possibly sneak in as a return man and may get into the 2 deep before the year is out.

Offers from: Illinois, ASU

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d34/texacotea/allen.jpg

Allen wont wow you with his numbers but he is a work horse and a big back. Allen will sit a year and hope to contribute in year 2 for the Buckeyes.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d34/texacotea/Mcdonald.jpg

McDonald with Banks makes for good competition. McDonald wont have as much impact as Banks will but is a good tackler with great top speed.

JeffHCross
08-07-2012, 08:40 PM
We were also pleasantly surprised with how well he caught the ball out of the backfield and he should really create some mismatches on some LBs.Does anybody else still struggle with feeling like throwing to HBs is cheese? There are times where I realize I'm stopping myself from doing certain things because 3+ years ago it was frowned upon. I don't know why I let that stuff stick with me, but it does :D

Update from BuckeyeGroveBuckeyeGrove? Pfft. If you're going to get Buckeye recruiting news, BuckNuts is #1, followed by Buckeye Sports Bulletin.

had to update the Java on this laptopCouldn't have been Java ... I've totally removed Java from my system.

Oneback
08-07-2012, 09:00 PM
Does anybody else still struggle with feeling like throwing to HBs is cheese? There are times where I realize I'm stopping myself from doing certain things because 3+ years ago it was frowned upon. I don't know why I let that stuff stick with me, but it does :D

When was throwing to the HB cheese?

JeffHCross
08-07-2012, 09:06 PM
When was throwing to the HB cheese?One year, I don't remember which one. Tommy probably will, because I think it was back when I was in SBC.

Either way, that's one thing that I let get to myself ... I'll stop doing something (even if it's working, or maybe especially if it's working) because I don't want to be accused of cheesing or using a 'money' play or calling the same play too often. I think I psych myself out about it. It's ridiculous, I know. I've lost a couple games over the last few years because I didn't want to use a working play too often. And everything else stopped working :D

gschwendt
08-07-2012, 09:38 PM
NCAA 09 was REALLY bad about it... last gen was kind of bad I think but can't remember for sure. Cartman used to love to run flexbone all game long and then throw to his HBs 75% of the time.

Oneback
08-07-2012, 09:56 PM
I remember there were problems with LBer man assignments and the fact they wouldn't switch (still don't btw) meaning your OLB would have to run across the formation to cover a HB, but there were/are ways to combat this.

psuexv
08-07-2012, 10:55 PM
Yeah 09 and 10 iirc. Have a buddy that's all he used to do. His RB and back up RB would have like 70 catches. And it was always to the flat, that's where the issues would lie.

Now if I'm throwing legit passes to my HB coming out and running a pattern past the los I do not and have never considered that cheese.

JeffHCross
08-07-2012, 11:17 PM
Two more Seminoles:
Terrence Scruggs
#2 ATH | #83 OVR
Committed: Week 11
Fort Thomas, KY
6'2" 206 lbs
Coverage
OVR: 77 (-) (100% scouted)

SPD
ACC
MCV
ZCV

"Coverage" specialist, my ass. Scruggs is the last to commit whom FSU has been targeting since the pre-season. Due to his distinct lack of coverage skills, Scruggs is expected to put on some weight during a redshirt year and then take a position at OLB. He chose the Seminoles over Washington and Arizona State.
Junior Hopkins
#61 ATH | JUCO (SO)
Committed: Week 11
Socastee, SC
6'2" 195 lbs
Athlete
OVR: 74 (+4) (51% scouted)

SPD
ACC
ELU
THP

Hopkins came on the Florida State radar in mid-season. He expressed early interest in Penn State, but why would anyone want to go there now? Instead, Hopkins will come to the school of the current wins record holder. :cool:

In seriousness, Hopkins' athletic skills will have him seeing reps at both QB and Safety in the summer, and Florida State coaches hope he'll have a chance to compete for at least one starting job. Some of his attributes still need to be determined from game film, and that assessment will go a long way toward determining his long-term position prospects. Hopkins had no other offers.

JeffHCross
08-07-2012, 11:19 PM
Top 25 Classes for 2013 - Week 11
#1 LSU
#2 USC
#3 Michigan
#4 Alabama
#5 Notre Dame
#8 Oregon
#9 Texas
#12 Florida State
#15 Ohio State
#17 Texas A&M
#18 Arkansas
#20 Oklahoma State

psusnoop
08-08-2012, 06:31 AM
Yeah 09 and 10 iirc. Have a buddy that's all he used to do. His RB and back up RB would have like 70 catches. And it was always to the flat, that's where the issues would lie.

Now if I'm throwing legit passes to my HB coming out and running a pattern past the los I do not and have never considered that cheese.

I usually throw in 2-4 screen passes a game as well. I don't see it as cheese at all but I do remember what Jeff is saying and I think 09 was the worst for some reason. It could be because it was my first year in an OD but I remember that.

E, I was going to look at his stats for this year because without those plays he is often a lost duckling. I wish he was on my schedule in your OD :D

psusnoop
08-08-2012, 06:32 AM
#1 LSU
#2 USC
#3 Michigan
#4 Alabama
#5 Notre Dame
#8 Oregon
#9 Texas
#12 Florida State
#15 Ohio State
#17 Texas A&M
#18 Arkansas
#20 Oklahoma State

Yeah I cracked the top 10. I expect I should finish somewhere around the 10-15 mark for the year and I'm ok with that up here in Eugene.

texacotea
08-08-2012, 07:24 AM
I just knew BuckeyeGrove was one, and I updated the Java and it worked maybe it was just that.

15, not last I was getting used to being at the bottom of recruiting

psuexv
08-08-2012, 10:04 AM
E, I was going to look at his stats for this year because without those plays he is often a lost duckling. I wish he was on my schedule in your OD :D

Wait, you mean this isn't normal :fp: His stats from his last game. :D

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m521/psuexv/Capture-2.jpg

psusnoop
08-08-2012, 10:32 AM
Wait, you mean this isn't normal :fp: His stats from his last game. :D

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m521/psuexv/Capture-2.jpg

LMFAO now that is just to funny. What the hell, he understands football too and that just makes this even worse to see.

JeffHCross
08-08-2012, 07:59 PM
I usually throw in 2-4 screen passes a game as well. I don't see it as cheese at all but I do remember what Jeff is saying and I think 09 was the worst for some reason. It could be because it was my first year in an OD but I remember that.Yeah, it's not screens that were the gripe. I think it was angle routes, mostly.

I just knew BuckeyeGrove was oneHeh. I figured you just looked to see which was the Rivals site. Just some good-natured ribbin' since you're playing with my school.

Papa LoneStar
08-08-2012, 11:52 PM
:LSU: adds one more....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v160/daddy2002/MLBJasonHood.png

Other Offers: Houston, Air Force, Kansas State

*With an expected redshirt....Hood should be a key contributor to the Tiger defense in a few years.

psusnoop
08-09-2012, 04:54 AM
Oregon picks up a nice solid QB in Ken Griffin. As most know Ken is the younger brother of Last years Heisman Trophy winner and current Washington Redskins QB RGIII. Ken was being recruited by Louisville and Auburn.

Ken has been told he is going to Redshirt but the staff is really interesting in his overall ability. He can run the read option and he has decent THP and THA. He isn't going to light up the camps, but like his older brother he is a gamer and that is why the staff felt the need to add a QB in a class where there wasn't much need.

psuexv
08-09-2012, 07:59 AM

Nope, looks like it was me. I even pulled a 700 point week too. I'm wondering if you didn't get that 2x if he would have committed.

ryby6969
08-09-2012, 08:12 AM
He was coming for a visit this week anyway. ;)

gschwendt
08-09-2012, 08:23 AM
Player
Offers
Pos
Description

http://i.imgur.com/wv5Mv.png
:Boise_State:
SS
CB
If Dominique were two inches taller, he'd be the #1 Cornerback in the country, however his height scared most scouts away. Fortunately though, Michigan saw through past his height and saw that he not only can cover any receiver, but as well he has a nose for the ball that most corners don't have. As a result, Wilson will become an integral part of the Wolverine 3-3-5 defense as a cover SS, though is expected to either redshirt or be a backup in his first year on campus. Maybe overtime he'll find a growth spurt.

ryby6969
08-09-2012, 08:44 AM
Bama adds one more this week:

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac286/ryby6969/Crawford-Bama.png

Crawford is another diamond in the rough that this coaching staff was able to find all the way in Arizona. He will redshirt his first year and hopefully add some weight to his frame, as well as improve his upper body strength. He has the makings of a future All-American, only time will tell if he lives up to his potential.

souljahbill
08-09-2012, 01:44 PM
Oregon picks up a nice solid QB in Ken Griffin. As most know Ken is the younger brother of Last years Heisman Trophy winner and current Washington Redskins QB RGIII. Ken was being recruited by Louisville and Auburn.

Ken has been told he is going to Redshirt but the staff is really interesting in his overall ability. He can run the read option and he has decent THP and THA. He isn't going to light up the camps, but like his older brother he is a gamer and that is why the staff felt the need to add a QB in a class where there wasn't much need.He's a helluva lot slower then "big brother."

Papa LoneStar
08-09-2012, 06:30 PM
G....I like how that CB looks....I would love to put him at safety

gschwendt
08-09-2012, 07:31 PM
G....I like how that CB looks....I would love to put him at safety
Yeah... I've been slow playing him for a while now just because of his height but once I found his tackling ability, it was an easy decision. I'm a little concerned about him covering those big tight ends but hopefully he can just climb them like a ladder and swat the ball away.

Papa LoneStar
08-11-2012, 12:10 PM
I haven't taken the time to complete my offline test recruiting dynasty with LSU yet (I believe I'm in Week 9 or so....and I have been addicted to my RTTS Pitcher in The Show)....but one thing I have noticed is that awareness is not shown for recruits. Has anybody found instances where their 100% scouted recruit's ratings rised or dropped once you officially got them on your roster?

JeffHCross
08-12-2012, 01:32 AM
#1 LSU
#2 USC
#3 Michigan
#4 Alabama
#5 Notre Dame
#8 Oregon
#9 Texas
#12 Florida State
#15 Ohio State
#17 Texas A&M
#18 Arkansas
#20 Oklahoma StateTop 25 Classes for 2013 - Week 13
#1 LSU
#2 USC
#3 Alabama
#4 Michigan
#5 Notre Dame
#6 Texas
#8 Oregon
#11 Ohio State
#13 Florida State
#15 Arkansas
#17 Oklahoma State
#19 Texas A&M

souljahbill
08-12-2012, 07:07 AM
Top 25 Classes for 2013 - Week 13
#1 LSU
#2 USC
#3 Alabama
#4 Michigan
#5 Notre Dame
#6 Texas
#8 Oregon
#11 Ohio State
#13 Florida State
#15 Arkansas
#17 Oklahoma State
#19 Texas A&M

A lot of position switching in 2 weeks. That's pretty cool.

psusnoop
08-12-2012, 07:49 AM
Oregon adds a very nice FS in Jim Hall. The staff were very impressed with his overall knowledge of the game and flow to the ball. Jim likely will RS but one thing is for sure the FS position just added some nice depth heading forward.

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/3049/jimhall.png

ryby6969
08-12-2012, 11:31 AM
Bama picks up 5 more, but here are the 3 that are basically guaranteed a spot on the roster:

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac286/ryby6969/McGee-Bama.png

McGee will look to come in and redshirt and then compete for playing time at HB in the next few seasons.

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac286/ryby6969/Miller-Bama.png

Miller will was brought in to add much needed depth to the O-line. Coach Davis believes you can never have too many quality lineman, and Miller could be solid after a few seasons to grow. If it was not for the next recruit or Abrams, Miller may be moved to TE.

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac286/ryby6969/Jacques-Bama.png

Jason received no interest from his home state Trojans, or any team from the West Coast for that matter. He has the skills to move to left tackle, but the coaching staff doesn't believe he could add the required weight to play the position. He teams up with fellow TE Jordan Abrams(6'7") to give the Tide a formidable duo in the redzone for years to come.

psuexv
08-13-2012, 09:25 AM
Jason received no interest from his home state Trojans, or any team from the West Coast for that matter. He has the skills to move to left tackle, but the coaching staff doesn't believe he could add the required weight to play the position. He teams up with fellow TE Jordan Abrams(6'7") to give the Tide a formidable duo in the redzone for years to come.

At 247 he'll be flat on his ass at Left Tackle ;) The USC coaching staff has very good connections with SLO HS and his position coach constantly questions his work ethic. The Trojans are content with Barrett Thomas :)

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m521/psuexv/2012%20PH%20Recruits/barrettthomas-1.jpg

ryby6969
08-13-2012, 09:43 AM
At 247 he'll be flat on his ass at Left Tackle ;) The USC coaching staff has very good connections with SLO HS and his position coach constantly questions his work ethic. The Trojans are content with Barrett Thomas :)

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m521/psuexv/2012%20PH%20Recruits/barrettthomas-1.jpg

Not if they would gain weight with position changes like they should. You can have him, the only question is who is going to throw to him? ;) I prefer my TE's to be able to block.

psuexv
08-13-2012, 09:54 AM
Not if they would gain weight with position changes like they should. You can have him, the only question is who is going to throw to him? ;) I prefer my TE's to be able to block.

I think this guy will be ok throwing to him :)

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m521/psuexv/2012%20PH%20Recruits/andybratton-2.jpg

psusnoop
08-13-2012, 12:31 PM
Top 25 Classes for 2013 - Week 13 (Average Star Ratings)
#1 LSU - 4.25
#2 USC - 4.05
#3 Alabama -3.71
#4 Michigan - 4.00
#5 Notre Dame - 3.38
#6 Texas - 3.80
#8 Oregon - 3.92
#11 Ohio State - 3.61
#13 Florida State - 3.38
#15 Arkansas - 3.21
#17 Oklahoma State - 3.41
#19 Texas A&M - 3.50

ryby6969
08-13-2012, 01:03 PM
I think this guy will be ok throwing to him :)

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m521/psuexv/2012%20PH%20Recruits/andybratton-2.jpg

Well, Barkley hasn't helped so I really do not see how he will. :P

ryby6969
08-13-2012, 01:05 PM
Top 25 Classes for 2013 - Week 13 (Average Star Ratings)
#1 LSU - 4.25
#2 USC - 4.05
#3 Alabama -3.71
#4 Michigan - 4.00
#5 Notre Dame - 3.38
#6 Texas - 3.80
#8 Oregon - 3.92
#11 Ohio State - 3.61
#13 Florida State - 3.38
#15 Arkansas - 3.21
#17 Oklahoma State - 3.41
#19 Texas A&M - 3.50

I really wish the star ratings would bump up after scouting! :D Most of my 3*'s are as good as some 5*'s or at least 4*'s. lol

psuexv
08-13-2012, 01:14 PM
Well, Barkley hasn't helped so I really do not see how he will. :P

Well my TE has 700+ yards so I think Barkley is doing just fine for him. We're an NFL factory, who cares about wins ;)

ryby6969
08-13-2012, 01:49 PM
Well my TE has 700+ yards so I think Barkley is doing just fine for him. We're an NFL factory, who cares about wins ;)

Tell upper management that when they get ready to fire you! :D

JeffHCross
08-13-2012, 08:22 PM
Not if they would gain weight with position changes like they should.Not if weight doesn't matter ;)

Papa LoneStar
08-13-2012, 09:38 PM
I really wish the star ratings would bump up after scouting! :D Most of my 3*'s are as good as some 5*'s or at least 4*'s. lol

We'll see how awareness affects overall ratings....I'm a little worried....lol

Oneback
08-13-2012, 10:53 PM
I don't worry about overall ratings, I only worry about the ratings for the position they are playing.

The only position I worry about awareness is QB and I'm not usually moving other positions to QB.

Papa LoneStar
08-13-2012, 11:31 PM
I have 2 incoming freshman QBs....so I know awareness will definitely affect them....especially if my junior QB leaves early for whatever reason

psusnoop
08-14-2012, 09:35 AM
Oregon continues to add some really nice recruits at LB'r with two more commits.

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt52/psusnoop/rsz_andre_rogers.png
Andre is a really neat prospect, a Junior College kid who the staff really want a couple of years ago but Andre's grades just weren't in order. The staff however kept in touch and followed Andre as he really matured over the last 2 years and decided to give him a chance. Andre is very strong minded kid and could compete for some good playing time this upcoming year. He is a JUCO SO so a redshirt isn't out of the question either for Andre who remains open to the idea but also wants to play.

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt52/psusnoop/rsz_justin_givens.png
Justin is just another best that the staff kept low on the radar and tried to keep the recruiting battle between Oregon, Kentucky, and Louisville. The staff after signing Mike Jones were a little uneasy in taking another OLB but after numerous discussions they just couldn't pass on the depth that all 5 of these Linebackers will add to Oregon. It is a position that really will be fully loaded for years. Justin as well may or may not redshirt. The staff feels he could get some really good progression from a redshirt but also know that he can contribute on special teams immediately. If Justin doesn't redshirt, he will most likely get some snaps since Oregon runs a multiple of defensive fronts. He could as well as others be looked at for some DE snaps too.

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt52/psusnoop/rsz_andrew_brown.png
Andrew is a solid G who will redshirt to figure out where he best fits whether that be Gaurd or Center. The staff is happy with his decision to come to Oregon over Hawaii.

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt52/psusnoop/rsz_derek_hayden.png
Derek is a real long shot to make the team, but Derek didn't mind the uphill battle it will take to crack the 70 man roster. The staff wishes they would have had him on a preferred walk on status but since there was a little mix up and he was given a scholarship the staff will honor that. Derek most certainly will redshirt. They told him he has to work on his acceleration if he is going to fit into this offensive style.

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt52/psusnoop/rsz_brandon_robinson.png
Brandon is another ATH from close to home who is certainly going to Redshirt as well. The staff would like to see how well he progresses after that. He seems destined for a DT role, and the staff was upfront with their thoughts for Brandon. He choose Oregon over Oregon State.

psuexv
08-14-2012, 10:00 AM
USC adds to solid Offensive Lineman from the East Coast. Both recruits should be able to take advantage of a redshirt year and should see significant action as Juniors.

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m521/psuexv/2012%20PH%20Recruits/TonyMason.jpg

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m521/psuexv/2012%20PH%20Recruits/AaronVincent.jpg

psusnoop
08-14-2012, 10:19 AM
I can't wait to take over Cali after this season. USC has stumbled and Oregon is primed to explode on the scene next year. Look out recruits, there may be a new boss in the area!!

psuexv
08-14-2012, 12:04 PM
I can't wait to take over Cali after this season. USC has stumbled and Oregon is primed to explode on the scene next year. Look out recruits, there may be a new boss in the area!!

Please, you winning a couple of games still doesn't help the fact that you can't sweet talk these boys mommas

psusnoop
08-14-2012, 12:32 PM
Please, you winning a couple of games still doesn't help the fact that you can't sweet talk these boys mommas

It's not my winning games as much as your losing games that are going to sweep these boys mammas off their feet. Hi, I hear you like USC did I mention they were 6-6 last season and played in the Porta Potty bowl last season? Come to Oregon where we contend for Championships! :D

psuexv
08-14-2012, 12:40 PM
Come to Oregon where we contend for Championships! :D

And after your kids graduate you'll still be supporting them. However at USC we put kids in the NFL where you can then live on easy street. Heck we'll even give you a taste of what it will be like for you, what size house do you want?

psusnoop
08-14-2012, 01:52 PM
And after your kids graduate you'll still be supporting them. However at USC we put kids in the NFL where you can then live on easy street. Heck we'll even give you a taste of what it will be like for you, what size house do you want?

:D

gschwendt
08-15-2012, 11:11 PM
Player

Offers

Pos
Description

http://i.imgur.com/0s08l.png
:Washington:
SS
Long comes in a bit on the short side of coverage abilities but his other attributes will take him far as a defender. With nice speed and acceleration along with good agility and tackling abilities, he'll make an excellent addition coming off of the edge in a safety blitz. Considering all of that is gift-wrapped into a 6'5 frame, Long will be an stud in years to come. Look for him to redshirt his first year on campus but then be prepared to see him unleashed on the Big 12.

Papa LoneStar
08-15-2012, 11:16 PM
:LSU: adds one despite losing to the 2nd place finisher on his official visit and sending his twin to Tallahassee for the Seminoles battle with the Gators during the same week....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v160/daddy2002/TEWilliamSamuel-1.png
Other Offers: Arkansas, Florida State

JeffHCross
08-15-2012, 11:19 PM
:LSU: adds one despite losing to the 2nd place finisher on his official visit and sending his twin to Tallahassee for the Seminoles battle with the Gators during the same week....http://slicktiger.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/grade_a_bullshit_alert_trans.png

JeffHCross
08-15-2012, 11:22 PM
Top 25 Classes for 2013 - Week 13
#1 LSU
#2 USC
#3 Alabama
#4 Michigan
#5 Notre Dame
#6 Texas
#8 Oregon
#11 Ohio State
#13 Florida State
#15 Arkansas
#17 Oklahoma State
#19 Texas A&M
Top 25 Classes for 2013 - Week 15
#1 USC
#2 LSU
#3 Alabama
#4 Oregon
#5 Michigan
#6 Notre Dame
#8 Texas
#10 Florida State
#11 Texas A&M
#12 Arkansas
#13 Ohio State
#16 Oklahoma State

psusnoop
08-16-2012, 08:50 AM
Oregon picks up it's 19th commit of the year. Marcus Allen has chosen Oregon over Utah, Air Force, Boise State, and Illinois.

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt52/psusnoop/rsz_marcus_allen.png

Marcus will Redshirt to work on his strength and mental toughness. He has good size and the staff feels he will be a good addition to this secondary.

texacotea
08-16-2012, 09:56 AM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d34/texacotea/NateWallace.jpg

Wallace can get to top speed quick and when hes there he brings the wood. Nate has stood out in numerous camps with his ability to play zone. Wallace will complement the other 2 LBs in the class nicely.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d34/texacotea/RobertNunez.jpg

Nunez has a leg and can put it where he wants it. Needing to fill this position the Buckeyes sign the #2 punter in the land

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d34/texacotea/JohnRichardson.jpg

Richardson wont WOW you with his speed or size, but he does have a good work ethic and the drive to be successful. Richardson will redshirt his frist year

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d34/texacotea/DustinDouglas.jpg

Douglas fell victim to the "fill your class" goal.

JeffHCross
08-18-2012, 10:43 PM
Top 25 Classes for 2013 - Week 15
#1 USC
#2 LSU
#3 Alabama
#4 Oregon
#5 Michigan
#6 Notre Dame
#8 Texas
#10 Florida State
#11 Texas A&M
#12 Arkansas
#13 Ohio State
#16 Oklahoma StateTop 25 Classes for 2013 - End of Regular Season
#1 LSU
#2 USC
#3 Alabama
#4 Oregon
#5 Michigan
#6 Notre Dame
#8 Texas
#10 Florida State
#11 Texas A&M
#12 Ohio State
#13 Arkansas
#16 Oklahoma State

LSU/USC and Ohio State/Arkansas flip positions. The question is: who still has players left on their board?

gschwendt
08-18-2012, 11:01 PM
The question is: who still has players left on their board?
I still have quite a few targets left... most I'm not too concerned with but at least 4 I want to sign. Those include a 4-star that would surely bump me above Oregon and possibly even Alabama depending on what targets they have remaining.

JeffHCross
08-18-2012, 11:05 PM
I've got ... nada. Didn't have many holes/scholarships to fill this year. Got two guys I added tonight to scout/recruit if I feel like it, but otherwise nada.

gschwendt
08-18-2012, 11:07 PM
I've got ... nada. Didn't have many holes/scholarships to fill this year. Got two guys I added tonight to scout/recruit if I feel like it, but otherwise nada.
Well, I can foresee myself cutting quite a few returning players simply because they don't fit my system and/or they'll never see the field.

JeffHCross
08-18-2012, 11:13 PM
Totally understand. I normally do the same, except this year I haven't had the time to analyze my guys to that extent. And I struck out on too many recruits to have the #s for that.

texacotea
08-19-2012, 07:10 AM
I have 3 i think, really just guys that I have started on and now continuing to push for.