PDA

View Full Version : Week 1, 2012

Oneback
07-15-2012, 09:38 PM
Welcome to Week 1!
Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #22 Texas Longhorns (0-0) ===============
This week, the Longhorns will host Rice (0-0).

=============== #1 Alabama Crimson Tide (0-0) ===============
This week, the Crimson Tide will host Toledo (0-0).

=============== #3 LSU Tigers (0-0) ===============
This week, the Tigers will host #17 TCU (0-0).

=============== #18 Ohio State Buckeyes (0-0) ===============
This week, the Buckeyes travel to South Bend to face the #24 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (0-0).

=============== #23 Oklahoma State Cowboys (0-0) ===============
This week, the Cowboys will host Tulsa (0-0).

=============== Texas A&M Aggies (0-0) ===============
This week, the Aggies will host UL Monroe (0-0).

=============== #8 Florida State Seminoles (0-0) ===============
This week, the Seminoles will host Ohio (0-0).

=============== #4 Oregon Ducks (0-0) ===============
This week, the Ducks will host Northwestern (0-0).

=============== #24 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (0-0) ===============
This week, the Fighting Irish will host #18 Ohio State (0-0).

=============== #7 Arkansas Razorbacks (0-0) ===============
This week, the Razorbacks will host Florida Atlantic (0-0).

=============== #9 Michigan Wolverines (0-0) ===============
This week, the Wolverines will host Bowling Green (0-0).

=============== #2 USC Trojans (0-0) ===============
This week, the Trojans will host UCF (0-0).

JeffHCross
07-15-2012, 11:10 PM
How the hell did you manage two restarts already, Oneback? ;)

psuexv
07-15-2012, 11:43 PM
Lol I saw that too. :smh:

Oneback
07-15-2012, 11:45 PM
How the hell did you manage two restarts already, Oneback? ;)

I just noticed that and its a great question considering I just finished my game against Rice and I only played the game once - got back into the OD after playing the game and two restarts are showing. Anyway, we won 45-9.

Oneback
07-15-2012, 11:48 PM
One thing I have noticed about these sliders is that there are a ton of missed tackles, so I'd be aware of that while playing against the computer. Rice's QB liked to scramble and I cannot tell you how many broken tackles he had, I think I sacked him 9 times however.

Two things to think about while playing your games, CPU broken tackles and pass blocking for both CPU and HUM...it may be a touch low, not much though.

psuexv
07-15-2012, 11:52 PM
Broken tackles were definitely noticeable. However I didn't check out the break tackle on UCFs RB. He was the only one breaking tackles against me.

Kingpin32
07-16-2012, 12:18 AM
I hate the rain. And I hate rivalry games. We still won, but clearly this 4-2-5 is not meant for me.

gschwendt
07-16-2012, 12:47 AM
I hate the rain. And I hate rivalry games. We still won, but clearly this 4-2-5 is not meant for me.
It takes some getting used to but one of the tricks to "improve" it is to use base align more than other formations. That and just knowing where it's broken and where it's not.

texacotea
07-16-2012, 05:50 AM
Travel to south bend to start the season.....Whats your schedule look like? Im pretty much good after 5pm est most days

nykia31
07-16-2012, 08:48 AM
Travel to south bend to start the season.....Whats your schedule look like? Im pretty much good after 5pm est most days

Tuesday would be best. Say 7 pm?

I record all my user games, where would be the best place to post em, to see and laugh at all my follies :nod:

psuexv
07-16-2012, 08:57 AM

I record all my user games, where would be the best place to post em, to see and laugh at all my follies :nod:

You can post them right in that weeks thread.

psusnoop
07-16-2012, 09:08 AM

I know Gschwendt has a Thread in General Discussion as well where he posts them too. He has his own thread for games he records, you could do the same if you'd like or like E said just post them in that weeks thread. Looking forward to watching them :up:

psuexv
07-16-2012, 09:26 AM
I know Gschwendt has a Thread in General Discussion as well where he posts them too. He has his own thread for games he records, you could do the same if you'd like or like E said just post them in that weeks thread. Looking forward to watching them :up:

Yeah Tommy does both. He posts it here and then there is his general highlight thread somewhere out in the General NCAA forum.

Kingpin32
07-16-2012, 11:06 AM

Like everyone said you can post them here. But there's also a thread dedicated to your videos too :D

psuexv
07-16-2012, 11:10 AM
Like everyone said you can post them here. But there's also a thread dedicated to your videos too :D

That there is http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?2033-nykia31-online-gameplay-against-random-cheeser

texacotea
07-16-2012, 11:26 AM

Yea that will be good, thats est correct?

Papa LoneStar
07-16-2012, 12:59 PM
Nice to have another video guy in the OD....I really enjoy watching Powerhouse OD videos....still watch ones I'm involved in....even NCAA 2009 ones.

gschwendt
07-16-2012, 01:03 PM
Speaking of, my capture device may have crapped out. Last Friday, I was trying to hop on my console and when I did, no picture would come up. I tried a handful of things and ultimately I think my HD-PVR is dead. I'm now connected via HDMI and plan to try to hook back up via component sometime this week, but if it's still dead, it will be awhile before I pick up another device.

Papa LoneStar
07-16-2012, 01:07 PM
Ughhhh....that sucks, G....and that means no Michigan/Ohio State for me :(

Oneback
07-16-2012, 01:36 PM
I've got an extra HD PVR I may be willing to part with.

gschwendt
07-16-2012, 02:06 PM
For the right price maybe but right now if I got a new device, I'm strongly considering the Elgato device. The fact that my receiver is a single HDMI out (even upconverts all other inputs) makes it even more worthwhile because then I could put the Elgato between my receiver & TV and capture every input. That and all of my playing & captures would be 1080p instead of 720p.

For now though I'm going to hold off... hoping I can get my current HDPVR to work.

psusnoop
07-16-2012, 03:12 PM

More info please :D I've been looking around but just haven't pulled the trigger.

ryby6969
07-16-2012, 04:21 PM
One thing I have noticed about these sliders is that there are a ton of missed tackles, so I'd be aware of that while playing against the computer. Rice's QB liked to scramble and I cannot tell you how many broken tackles he had, I think I sacked him 9 times however.

Two things to think about while playing your games, CPU broken tackles and pass blocking for both CPU and HUM...it may be a touch low, not much though.

Broken tackles were a definite issue in my game. Toledo was just bouncing off of my tacklers every play it seemed like. Pass blocking was not too bad for me, though my QB's accuracy was sketchy to say the least. Had a couple throws for TD's he just completely missed which made the score much closer than it should have been.

Oneback
07-16-2012, 05:11 PM
Yeah pass blocking wasn't a huge issue, at most I'd move it one tick better. QB accuracy was a little off as well, but I was fine with it. I also had 3 long passes to wide open receivers go long out of his reach that would have resulted in probably 200+ yards and 3 TDs.

Everyone give me your thoughts on the broken tackles - I'm not opposed to making it better. At the same I'm thinking about moving tackling to conservative to see if that helps.

nykia31
07-16-2012, 05:53 PM

HaHa...im honored :D

psusnoop
07-16-2012, 06:23 PM
Yeah pass blocking wasn't a huge issue, at most I'd move it one tick better. QB accuracy was a little off as well, but I was fine with it. I also had 3 long passes to wide open receivers go long out of his reach that would have resulted in probably 200+ yards and 3 TDs.

Everyone give me your thoughts on the broken tackles - I'm not opposed to making it better. At the same I'm thinking about moving tackling to conservative to see if that helps.

I've yet to play, and have thought about setting tackling to conservative given what I've read so far. I'll let you know if I do either way and the stats if I do.

JeffHCross
07-16-2012, 07:17 PM
For the right price maybe but right now if I got a new device, I'm strongly considering the Elgato device. The fact that my receiver is a single HDMI out (even upconverts all other inputs) makes it even more worthwhile because then I could put the Elgato between my receiver & TV and capture every input.You sure? I would think copy-protection would kick in and prevent you from capturing the HDMI. There's one device (whose name is escaping me at the moment) that did HDMI capture, but couldn't be used with the PS3 because of copy-protection.

gschwendt
07-16-2012, 07:30 PM
You sure? I would think copy-protection would kick in and prevent you from capturing the HDMI. There's one device (whose name is escaping me at the moment) that did HDMI capture, but couldn't be used with the PS3 because of copy-protection.It's the Elgato that does that. But yeah, I'm thinking you're right... I was hoping my receiver would ignore the hdcp handshaking but the more I read, I'm not sure either way. If I get a capture device again, I'll probably stick to the HDPVR since I have experience with it, though since in 2 years these consoles might not even have component out, I'm trying to decide if it would be worth it.

JeffHCross
07-16-2012, 07:59 PM
Actually, the one I was referring to was the BlackMagic Intensity. It can't handle the PS3's HDCP encryption.

gschwendt
07-16-2012, 08:18 PM
Well thankfully after 100% confirming that I can't get it working (removed all variables, etc.), I searched on the internet and found that it's almost certainly just the power supply. Lots of posts saying the same thing I experienced & experiencing and a $9 power supply fixed it. I'm going to see if I have a similar supply here for old devices and see if one gets me back up and running for at least this week.

Escobar
07-16-2012, 09:28 PM
The CPU broke some tackles, but it didn't seem to be too much. But I played UL Monroe

JeffHCross
07-16-2012, 09:57 PM
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Florida State head coach Jeff HCross has announced the immediate firing of his Offensive Coordinator.

"That was f---in' bulls--t. Ohio? ---damn Ohio? Are you f---in' kidding me? Bloody hell, that was embarrassing! That b---h will be lucky to find another job at this level after that performance."

Coach HCross had to be restrained when a media member asked if he would be providing a positive recommendation for the outgoing assistant.

This outburst came moments, maybe seconds, after the Seminoles held on against the Ohio Bobcats, winning by the mere score of 17-15.

"We deserved to lose. Honestly. After that s--t performance, I'm still not convinced that we didn't really lose, and this is all some clusterf--k fantasy land that my mind has created to stop me from going insane. A mental break, I think they call it. Anyway, you f--kers are probably just the figment of my imagination, so I'm done answering your questions. Except for you -- yes, you, blondie -- you can come back to my office for some personal discussions."

The Florida State administration would not comment if Coach HCross would be disciplined for the blatant act of sexual harassment.

----------------------------------------------------

Florida State: 32 rushes for 86 yards, and 1 TD; 18/32 passing for 262 yards and 1 TD.
Ohio: 31 rushes for 74 yards; 18/32 passing for 215 yards and 1 TD.

Ohio was 2/4 on FG kicking while FSU was 1/2 (missed a 51 yarder short).

----------------------------------------------------

I am soooooooooooooooo glad I barely escaped in this game. Their HB had 5 broken tackles, but they didn't seem that bad (especially compared to how many I was fortunate enough to get). My bigger issue was the amount of times that I saw my defense not react remotely quickly enough to the play -- usually Option plays. Oh my, that's so bad.

souljahbill
07-16-2012, 10:42 PM
Wait, y'all are all HCs?

Kingpin32
07-17-2012, 12:43 AM
Jeff, that's exactly how I felt after my game. I wanted to fire the environment. That's how upset I was at that game.

Kingpin32
07-17-2012, 12:44 AM
Wait, y'all are all HCs?
Yeah

psusnoop
07-17-2012, 07:42 AM
I didn't think broken tackles were that bad against Spread Northwestern.

I just want to get them to stop calling screen passes so much. :smh:

texacotea
07-17-2012, 08:44 AM
Nykia, can we go at 8pm? 7-8 is when we start getting the girls ready for bed

nykia31
07-17-2012, 11:32 AM
Nykia, can we go at 8pm? 7-8 is when we start getting the girls ready for bed

Sure. No problem!

Papa LoneStar
07-17-2012, 06:28 PM
:LSU: 42
:TCU: 32

Baton Rouge, LA

LSU RB M. Ford: 32 carries 166 yards 4 TD
LSU MLB K. Minter: 4 tackles, 1 sack

TCU QB C. Paschall: 22-34 258 yards 2 TD 0 INT
TCU DT J. Coleman: 2 tackles, 2 sacks

2 bye weeks are ahead for the Tigers and then they will host rival Tulane in Week 4.

texacotea
07-17-2012, 06:46 PM
im on and waiting, tried to send a FR but your a popular guy

nykia31
07-17-2012, 06:59 PM
im on and waiting, tried to send a FR but your a popular guy

On my way!

nykia31
07-17-2012, 07:31 PM
Notre Dame Stadium on a foggy, rainy afternoon..ahhhhh

Papa LoneStar
07-17-2012, 08:13 PM
MIGHT be some "signed in 6+ months ago" on the bottom of that list

nykia31
07-17-2012, 08:39 PM
Stressful opener...geez....im going to stick my head in a bucket of water

Oneback
07-17-2012, 08:55 PM
It's going to be a competitive season, everyone brings there A-game.

Papa LoneStar
07-17-2012, 09:26 PM
23-18....goodnessss....what a nailbiter. In the words of Tommy G....

ADVANCE!!!!!!!!

texacotea
07-18-2012, 05:25 AM
We had every chance to win it and was up 11-7 in the 4th. ND forced a couple turnovers and was up 23-11 with a little over 2 mins left. We scored to make it 23-18 and got the onside kick, but I freaked and just threw the ball for 4 straight downs when I had some time. Very good game

Oneback
07-18-2012, 07:11 AM
Sounds like a good game.

nykia31
07-18-2012, 10:56 AM
Video should be up tomorrow evening or so. Some interesting sounds as i nearly had heartattacks at multiple points in the game.

psusnoop
07-18-2012, 11:01 AM
Video should be up tomorrow evening or so. Some interesting sounds as i nearly had heartattacks at multiple points in the game.

Looking forward to it!

texacotea
07-18-2012, 11:28 AM

that and maybe I was trying to get your attention for almost a quarter :D

gschwendt
07-19-2012, 11:48 AM
Got a replacement power supply for my HDPVR and that did the trick. I'm back in business.

texacotea
07-19-2012, 02:50 PM
Got a replacement power supply for my HDPVR and that did the trick. I'm back in business.

:up: