PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football 13- How to use the hit stick/truck stick

rickross
07-15-2012, 04:09 PM
I have more problems using it on offense then defense. I can use someone that has high truck ability and get tackled by a cornerback.
Someone please help me with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am looking for help with using the hit stick also on defense.

JeffHCross
07-15-2012, 04:46 PM
Wish I had a solution for you ... the truck stick has clearly changed for NCAA 13, and I haven't figured it out yet.

rickross
07-15-2012, 05:21 PM
What I usually have to do to break tackles is just turn up broken tackles to aggresive and let them break them as I run the ball!!!!!! I prefer to break tackles on my own.

sl8b
07-15-2012, 10:13 PM
Have you tried the stiff arm very much? I always forget about using it it seems, but when I do it works almost too well.

rickross
07-15-2012, 10:52 PM
No I dont really use it, but guess I will start to.

rickross
07-15-2012, 10:55 PM
What is the key to using the highlight stick on defense? Is it perfect timing or what? Someone out there give me some of your opinions on this please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WolverineJay
07-16-2012, 02:45 PM
I have no problems using the hit stick on Def. In fact it is entirely too easy to use it IMO. I just flick it up a split second before contact and I always lay the CPU ball carrier out/ or cause a fumble.

The Truck stick much like the stiff arm has peculiar timing issues. Sometimes I can truck a DB by slamming the right stick up hard just prior to contact, but most of the time a tackle animation is started and you're better off hitting X for the shove down stiff arm move, or hit O to get the CPU defender to sort of fall off you with an elusive break tackle animation. Still using the truck stick was much easier and effective on last gen.

Koach Vonner
07-17-2012, 12:58 AM
The truck stick is touch. I use stiff are 90% of the time with a spin here or there. The juke is not very good either. From time to time I might make someone look silly.

prime9
07-17-2012, 04:04 PM
I thought it was if you hold down the truck button a little before contact he'll do it? Could be wrong though, I never do it.

Marlowe
07-17-2012, 06:09 PM
On D...I'll just switch to the closest defender and flick down on the right stick as he's about to make contact...seems to work...