PDA

View Full Version : B1g/sec od (ps3)

vertigho
07-13-2012, 12:49 PM
Hey guys -- going to start an OD over at Utopia. If anyone is interested and would like to join, post here, or hop over to Utopia and post in the thread there. http://www.operationsports.com/ncaa/utopia/topic/79253-b1gsec-od-ps3/

Finally, the age-old debate of B1G vs. SEC will be settled for good!

Strength vs. Speed, North vs. South, B1G vs. SEC -- after years of debate, the age old question will finally be answered.

Now that my corny but hopefully effective intro is over, I'll get to the meat and potatoes of this OD.

This, as the title implies, will be an OD comprised of twelve users controlling a combination of Big 10 schools and SEC schools. With that said, the one exception will be Notre Dame. Due to the historic relevance of their program, they will be available for use as well. Anyone is available, no teams are off the table. I will claim Michigan now, so with the exception of the Wolverines, any team is fair game. Teams will be awarded on a first-come-first-serve basis.

Some basic rules:

No cheesing. This should be pretty basic. If you have specific questions feel free to ask, but this should be self-explanatory.

This dynasty will be played WITHOUT the use of gameplan features and commits. Based on reading and listening to certain people, I have come to the conclusion that these are far from realistic, and simply provide an artificial ratings boost.

-8 minute quarters
-Heisman difficulty w/ slider adjustments
-All-American recruiting difficulty
-Advance every FIVE days. This may increase or decrease as people have more or less time. I feel like five days give people plenty of time to handle everyday life while still being able to participate in the OD.

You may recruit FIVE more players than you have leaving. (i.e. -- SIX players leaving, ELEVEN may be recruited).

A few other specific rules/regulations:

Try to vary your play-calling. I won't be a stickler for this, but I'm going to put it out there. I realize that football is a cat-and-mouse game. If the other team can't stop a certain play, why stop running that play -- I realize and understand this. With that said, just have some variation in your formations and plays. Again, I won't be a stickler for this, but it's something to keep in mind.

On the defensive side of the ball do the same. Vary your play-calling, and furthermore, use the 'show blitz' feature minimally. This allows the defense to stack the box against the run while still being able to effectively defend the pass. Feel free to blitz, but do not send the house every play. I don't envision this being a problem for anyone, but I'll put it out there.

I believe that covers all of our bases. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Anyone is free to signup now. We will move along as we gain users and as accurate rosters become available.

When posting, please state the team you wish to use and your PSNiD.

USER LIST:

Michigan (B1G) -- vertigho
LSU (SEC) -- ghosphace
Ohio St. (B1G) -- keeperdeke
South Carolina (SEC) -- THE_SHOCK_DOCTOR
Notre Dame (Independent) -- Kenboslice850
Tennessee (SEC) -- iron7267
Penn St. (B1G) -- smace767
Mississippi St. (SEC) -- taysfd
Iowa (B1G) -- LittleJazmin
Georgia (SEC) -- BIG-_-BLUE
Michigan St. (B1G) -- L_stou
(TBD)

ghosphace
07-13-2012, 03:54 PM
I'm in for sec but haven't decided which team yet

ghosphace
07-13-2012, 04:45 PM
Psn ghosphace and i want LSU.

deke5
07-13-2012, 06:48 PM
im in vertigho!!! Big 10 side...i'll take Ohio St.......psn keeperdeke...

vertigho
07-13-2012, 06:59 PM
Good to hear guys. I got both of you down for LSU and OSU respectively. If both of you could visit the link I put in the first post and go to the thread at those forums, and register and post there, that would be much appreciated!

TheShockDoctor
07-13-2012, 09:56 PM
Can I hop in? I'll use South Carolina if possible.

PSN: THE_SHOCK_DOCTOR

vertigho
07-13-2012, 10:00 PM
Can I hop in? I'll use South Carolina if possible.

You're in!

TheShockDoctor
07-13-2012, 10:47 PM
I also have a quick question. When you say recruit 5 more players than there are leaving, how do we determine that? Are we going off of the 'Team Needs' or how many seniors you have or something completely different?

vertigho
07-13-2012, 10:49 PM
I also have a quick question. When you say recruit 5 more players than there are leaving, how do we determine that? Are we going off of the 'Team Needs' or how many seniors you have or something completely different?

Based on the number of players that will be leaving the team that year -- so the number of seniors.

vertigho
07-14-2012, 02:52 PM
a quick update to anyone potentially interested:

we will be playing on heisman difficulty with slider adjustments.

CardStrong
07-16-2012, 01:58 PM
I'll take Notre Dame. PSN is Kenboslice850.

vertigho
07-16-2012, 04:48 PM
I'll take Notre Dame. PSN is Kenboslice850.

glad to have you.

we are currently in need of 7 more users! please post if you're interested.

smace767
07-17-2012, 02:04 PM
I would like Penn St
psn = smace767

vertigho
07-17-2012, 02:11 PM
five more spots available if anyone is interested!

vertigho
07-18-2012, 07:22 AM
two spots available. have another guy coming who has yet to post, leaving TWO available spots.

The Gunslinger
07-20-2012, 07:01 AM
two spots available. have another guy coming who has yet to post, leaving TWO available spots.
Michigan St, L_stou

vertigho
07-20-2012, 10:05 AM
One more spot available. Since we are getting close to filling up, could everyone please post and state that they are here, have read the rules, and are ready to begin within he coming week. Just need to do a head count and make sure that we still have everyone.

So again, if you have signed up, please post and acknowledge that you are ready to go and have read the rules

Big Blue
07-20-2012, 03:09 PM
ready to go.

buckeye02
07-21-2012, 02:37 AM
nvm

The Gunslinger
07-21-2012, 04:26 PM
Id like to have Texas A&M instead if the last guy hasn't taken them...

FUTURE0000
07-22-2012, 12:08 AM
hey can i join your league psn FUTURE_JEEZY_TI_ i will take bama

TheShockDoctor
07-22-2012, 04:00 PM
I'm ready to go.

The Gunslinger
07-23-2012, 09:16 AM
I'll just stay at MSU.

KINGFEES
07-24-2012, 11:23 AM
is there any open spots left? Ill take Wisconsin since no one has scooped them up yet! even though im a TRUE BUCKEYE! someone already took my team! haha but if i can get in. ill take Wisconsin and my psn is KINGFEES

ghosphace
07-25-2012, 06:04 AM
Hey im ready