PDA

View Full Version : Share Your Impressions of NCAA Football 11

Pages : [1] 2

gschwendt
07-08-2010, 11:44 PM
With the TGT admins able to talk about the game starting tomorrow at noon eastern and with others planning to receive the game tomorrow, it's time for impressions. There will be two threads... one for simple Q&A along with discussion, another will be for full impression posts which will basically only be for those that have the game to actually post in.

This thread is strictly for impression posts only from those that have the game. If you have the game early, please provide proof in some manner. Those that have the game may use this thread to make diatribe postings or just simply "ooh, that was neat" posts. However though, limit it to useful information and not discussion.

This thread will remain locked until tomorrow at noon eastern.

JBHuskers
07-09-2010, 10:58 AM
This thread is now open.

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 12:33 PM
A few notes that I have...

First, regarding Online Dynasty and Dynasty Wire, we've started four separate Online Dynasties but unfortunately each of them have been wiped out due to server maintenance by EA. This is strictly related to pre-release but due to that, we don't really have anything to showcase. I plan to restart a single player OD this weekend and will share that with you once I have something for you to look at.

Speaking of Online Dynasty, there are some changes this year... some good, some bad, some I'm undecided on:
1. You can't save an offline copy of an Online Dynasty
Meaning you can't start an OD, save an offline copy, and then run through the dynasty on your own. This is mostly good because there were some exploits that some could use such as simming ahead to see what offseason recruits would be, seeing what non QBs throwing abilities were, etc. The only down side to this is that means that EA has the only copy of your dynasty. Hopefully it won't be an issue this year but I know in the past there have been reasons to restart an OD based on an offline copy.

2. You can't tell who has restarted an OD game (at least not that I can tell so far).
In the past, you could tell who has restarted an OD game (ie losing late in the 4th, quit and try again). I've only been the commissioner of a single player dynasty thus far but I'm not sure how you would be able to tell.

3. There are some bugs that we've come across in the Dynasty Wire app.
These bugs are particularly in the recruiting aspect and losing call time due to a bug. One very important tip, don't open the Dynasty Wire in multiple tabs... it doesn't like that. My recommendation for now is to do your actual recruiting calls from the console unless you have to. However, I believe I read somewhere that they are still working on the app prior to release and plan to have an updated version this weekend.

4. Dynasty Wire itself is awesome and easy
As I assume most of you have already ran through and looked at the Dynasty Wire and various ODs that are out there, you probably already know what it's capable of. However, what you don't know is that it is really easy and quite intuitive. Granted there are some things that I would like added and/or different but on the whole, it's great. News stories and articles that appear automatically are genius. The only downside is for the lazy ones out there, they'll have to wait a couple of minutes after an OD game in order for pictures & videos to upload to the site. You can always cancel out of it... the story will still be created, you just won't have any pictures or videos associated with it.

In regards to recruiting, here are a couple of notes
1. Recruiting even on Varsity is definitely more difficult than in years past.
For one, I was always the guy that after week 4 or 5, I would go out and find the guys just above my reach that haven't received an offer yet. I would offer them and a lot of times end up signing them. However this year, it seems as though the moment you offer that player, the CPU will be alerted to it and start going after that player the next week; not always, but certainly more than in the past.

2. Recruiting Pipelines are much more valuable
In the past, I rarely paid attention to pipelines... that was just a way for me know which states I'm recruiting heavily in already. However, this year, you get a bonus for each pitch in a call to a player that is in your pipeline. That becomes huge for you because you can get as much as a 20 point bonus (on a really great pitch) just from the pipeline. 100 points is the most you can get from a single call but with the bonus, you can obviously get as much as 120 points. Can make all the difference in the world when competing for a player.

I'll keep posting in here as I think of them off the top of my head.

Rudy
07-09-2010, 01:39 PM
I like the sound of recruiting but I'm definitely concerned about the bugs of dynasty wire and having a dynasty get lost or wiped out by EA. I may just stick to an offline dynasty. Not sure yet.

JBHuskers
07-09-2010, 01:59 PM
I like the sound of recruiting but I'm definitely concerned about the bugs of dynasty wire and having a dynasty get lost or wiped out by EA. I may just stick to an offline dynasty. Not sure yet.

It was wiped out because they were doing pre-release maitenence. Standard procedure for getting rid of a lot of test things a week or two before release. Don't expect them to be wiped out post-release.

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 02:51 PM
Just an FYI but after comments sit out there a bit, I'll go through and delete them just so that this thread is dedicated to information.

One thing I just remembered:
Seemingly ALL dynasty games have Nessler & Herbstreit. Take your opinion of that but personally I didn't like it because as Arkansas State, it didn't make the small games fell small. Granted almost all games anymore have some sort of broadcast to them in real life whether it be TV or online so for them to have a broadcast crew for every one is not that disturbing.

Coachdenz
07-09-2010, 03:50 PM
I'm happey for #1, even though I liked the idea of downloading the Dynasty, but I felt that feature was getting abused in a Dynasty that I played in with NCAA 10....

How have the online games played so far? About like last years version, Better or worse?

Thanks

JBHuskers
07-09-2010, 03:53 PM
I'm happey for #1, even though I liked the idea of downloading the Dynasty, but I felt that feature was getting abused in a Dynasty that I played in with NCAA 10....

How have the online games played so far? About like last years version, Better or worse?

Thanks

Kinda hard to gauge. Tommy and I would get disconnected towards the end of a couple of games, but there wasn't any lag at all. There was the one night we decided to play with 24000 bots going in and out of rooms and games constantly that night. The play there was pretty choppy, but other than that it was solid. That is something that we can't truly answer until it's released to the public.

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 06:27 PM
In Online Dynasties, you can pass off ownership to a member of your OD at any time. I haven't actually messed with this so far but the option is there. That way, if the commissioner has to go out of town for a period of time, he can hand it off to a #2 guy who will handle the commissioner duties in his absence.

psusnoop
07-09-2010, 06:53 PM
Not being able to save offline will effect the scheduling of the next season for a few dynasties. Not a huge deal, but more of an incovience so to speak.

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 07:13 PM
Not being able to save offline will effect the scheduling of the next season for a few dynasties. Not a huge deal, but more of an incovience so to speak.
Actually, players can see their schedules for the upcoming season on the Dynasty Wire site even during preseason.

razorback44
07-09-2010, 07:27 PM
In Online Dynasties, you can pass off ownership to a member of your OD at any time. I haven't actually messed with this so far but the option is there. That way, if the commissioner has to go out of town for a period of time, he can hand it off to a #2 guy who will handle the commissioner duties in his absence.

That's a huge plus. I'm actually suprised it didn't get in last year because it is such a pain to switch commisioners the way it is currently.

gschwendt
07-10-2010, 05:09 PM
About formation subs... you're limited to 50 total subs per team. Meaning if you put your HB at FB in Shotgun - Split, that's one sub. If you put your HB at FB in Shotgun - Split Slot, that's two subs. While 50 seems like a lot, it can be, but it also means you can't go subbing everyone everywhere. When you can, you'll be best off making subs either via packages or depth chart unless it's just one that you can't get in there no other way (ie 3rd String QB at Wildcat). Today's tip of the day brought to you by Blue Coast Burrito.

psusnoop
07-10-2010, 05:58 PM
OK cool to know about formation subs. I just got the game and I'm loving it. Only played one game but very very good.

Thanks for the heads up about the dynasty wire. Nice to see we can still see the upcoming schedule

Solidice
07-10-2010, 06:16 PM
About formation subs... you're limited to 50 total subs per team. Meaning if you put your HB at FB in Shotgun - Split, that's one sub. If you put your HB at FB in Shotgun - Split Slot, that's two subs. While 50 seems like a lot, it can be, but it also means you can't go subbing everyone everywhere. When you can, you'll be best off making subs either via packages or depth chart unless it's just one that you can't get in there no other way (ie 3rd String QB at Wildcat). Today's tip of the day brought to you by Blue Coast Burrito.

50 seems like enough to me I think. I'll have to get the game and try it out to be sure. the main reason I liked Formations subs was to insert an 'athlete' in a few formations, and to order my special teams better, mostly kickoff team.

Rudy
07-10-2010, 07:44 PM
50 seems like a lot. I still don't know where the package subs are in the demo.

gschwendt
07-10-2010, 07:46 PM
50 seems like a lot. I still don't know where the package subs are in the demo.
At the formation selection screen, they're above the formation art and changed with the right stick. You can't change them at the play selection screen.

Rudy
07-10-2010, 07:52 PM
That makes sense. I'm pretty sure I used to do that at the play selection screen in the past. No wonder I can't see it.

gschwendt
07-10-2010, 10:14 PM
Just played an online matchup against psusnoop; me as Georgia Tech and him as Penn State. The good guys ultimately won 31-14 but it was fun chatting with him and since I've been playing for nearly two weeks longer, it's not to be unexpected.

A couple of notes, I had a lot of fun messing with him while I was running the triple option. There's several good fake out plays with the motion man confusing the HUM players especially. I think I ended up running for over 250 yards on the ground with only 2 of my 5 attempted passes completed.

Also, you can now see your opponents uniform changes online.

Solidice
07-10-2010, 10:20 PM

awesome :))

It'll come in handy in the ODs I'm in as TTU and Maryland as both have a lot of options.

gschwendt
07-10-2010, 11:46 PM
A couple of videos that I was impressed with how the plays developed.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/22137064
73 yard run by my HB, 87 speed. Defense is in a 335 against my Shotgun - Spread. Linebackers are spread wide and the FS steps up to make the play but is juked out of his shoes and the HB is off to the races. The closest defender chasing him is 86 speed but the difference ends up being acceleration.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/22137091
51 yard run by my FB, 82 speed. In this case, the defense gets sucked inside and the FB just finds his way to open field. Somehow my center is the one that ends up getting released down field. Not sure if it's due to ULM's 335 defense or what. Either way, certainly that block is what allowed me to score.

razorback44
07-11-2010, 12:16 AM

Really glad to hear this.

ram29jackson
07-11-2010, 07:03 PM
[.

Also, you can now see your opponents uniform changes online.[/QUOTE]

I dont understand what this means? you mean before a game starts ? Please explain

Solidice
07-11-2010, 07:07 PM
I dont understand what this means? you mean before a game starts ? Please explain

in NCAA '09 and NCAA 10, you could not see your opponents uniform changes when playing online, it would just show their default home/away uniform.

say I was playing as Texas Tech in NCAA 10 against you. TTU's default home uniform is black jersey, black pants. if I changed my jersey to their scarlet(red) one, you would still see me wearing the black jerseys, but I would see the scarlet ones.

Jayrah
07-12-2010, 02:31 AM

'Nother question for formation subs. Do they stay in from year to year as long as the player you subbed in doesn't leave? In Madden as long as you had the player, he would continue to stay in the position(s) you had moved him too with form subs, season after season.

gschwendt
07-12-2010, 08:25 AM
'Nother question for formation subs. Do they stay in from year to year as long as the player you subbed in doesn't leave? In Madden as long as you had the player, he would continue to stay in the position(s) you had moved him too with form subs, season after season.
I didn't pay attention the one year of dynasty that I got to the second year but if I have time today, I'll try to test that out for you.

souljahbill
07-12-2010, 07:08 PM
The game is good. Do I have to say anything else?

Note: I also thought '10 was good. Take that for what it's worth.

I do have a complaint though. I started a test dynasty with Southern Miss just to play around with recruiting and such and freaking TULANE has a better program tradition then Southern Miss. REALLY? I thought it was odd when Troy had a better program tradition but TULANE?!?!? How in the **** did our program tradition become a D+? We seriously got robbed on that one.

Also, I find it odd that there's a big inflatable helmet that's always on the field yet somehow, Southern Miss comes out of an imaginary tunnel for our intro. For next year, all they have to do is add our mascot Seymour, then do palette swaps with Miami (Seymour for Sebastion, Southern Miss jerseys for Miami jerseys) and we're golden.

Teambuilder teams having fans is awesome. It's something that was missing from last gen that I'm glad was finally fixed this gen.

cdj
07-12-2010, 11:40 PM
Bump!

Anxious to hear what you guys think now that you have the game.

Flav
07-12-2010, 11:43 PM
First thing I try to do is invite my friend.. and we get an error every time once he tries to join. Game Session is No longer available.

ram29jackson
07-12-2010, 11:43 PM
Bump!

Anxious to hear what you guys think now that you have the game.

:) :nod: :)) :popcorn:

cdj
07-12-2010, 11:57 PM
First thing I try to do is invite my friend.. and we get an error every time once he tries to join. Game Session is No longer available.

Did you guys ever have problems connecting in NCAA 10? Or in any other games for that matter?

JB and I played earlier on the 360 side and we saw some lag.

ChiCitySports
07-13-2010, 12:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zAOMtXA1rE

lol.

cdj
07-13-2010, 12:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zAOMtXA1rE

lol.

Ha - yeah, that's a bad one. It's the same one here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RtbgNWHI8o). We've sent that one on to hopefully get addressed....but at least he completed the pass! ;)

cdj
07-13-2010, 12:08 AM
You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?247-Share-Your-Impressions-of-NCAA-Football-11

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA11/loco.jpg
NCAA Football 11 is now available across the United States! As you crack open the case and check out the game for the first time, make sure to share your thoughts and feedback with the NCAA Football community.

Flav
07-13-2010, 12:24 AM
This.. Is.. AMAZING!! I'll post impressions once I can take my hands off the controller.

BPHusker
07-13-2010, 01:03 AM
I just started playing my first game and the pre-play art is always showing before the snap, whether I'm on offense or defense, or holding down the show play button or not. Do I have some weird thing toggled? Any help would be appreciated.

JeffHCross
07-13-2010, 01:17 AM
Yeah, you do, BP. It's in the Settings somewhere to always show play art. I noticed it during the demo. Near Auto Turbo/Sprint, I think.

beartide06
07-13-2010, 01:25 AM
I think the game is just fantastic. And to top it off I won the gamestop tournament for the second year in a row!! lol

ram29jackson
07-13-2010, 01:28 AM
:( Let me just say,..that I hate all of you for at least another 13 or so hours :) :P

jschwa17
07-13-2010, 03:04 AM
So far I am enjoying the game but when running the triple option its been hard for me to get constant positive yards. Even if the DE "crashes" they still wind up getting my QB sometimes and if they dont the OLB usually is sprinting up to smack my QB in the mouth but it is fun trying to run this offense and having even results

Nothingface
07-13-2010, 03:05 AM
:( Let me just say,..that I hate all of you for at least another 13 or so hours :) :P

You are no alone. We'll overcome this...

SmoothPancakes
07-13-2010, 03:19 AM

Yep, I'm here with you boys. Granted that was because I was too lazy/drunk to make the 20 minute drive one way to go pick up the game from the gamestop in the neighboring town. :D Gonna probably go get it sometime between the next 6-12 hours, whenever I finally get around to deciding to actually make the drive over there.

BPHusker
07-13-2010, 03:30 AM
Wow, what can I say... PS2-style gameplay has finally come to the NextGen systems. I just played a friend online and man, what a back and forth game... I lost 24-17, but MAN.... the updated gameplay is amazing; the way you can keep a play alive by the sticks is awesome. I'm really at a loss of words... I can't believe EA finally got it right. Even after 1 game, I would rate it up there with the best of the PS2-era games.

ram29jackson
07-13-2010, 03:38 AM
Wow, what can I say... PS2-style gameplay has finally come to the NextGen systems. I just played a friend online and man, what a back and forth game... I lost 24-17, but MAN.... the updated gameplay is amazing; the way you can keep a play alive by the sticks is awesome. I'm really at a loss of words... I can't believe EA finally got it right. Even after 1 game, I would rate it up there with the best of the PS2-era games.

YOU'RE SERIOUS ? You're really serious that even the ps2 version seems to bring something different to the table so to speak ?

is the game different in other ways ? looks or anything ?

ram29jackson
07-13-2010, 03:42 AM

{Yep, I'm here with you boys }

:nod:

steelerfan
07-13-2010, 03:43 AM
I've only played one full game (killing myself to get rosters asap). It was the same matchup I play every year when I first get the game. ND @ PSU. I won 35-27 (8 min qtrs, AA default). Very, very enjoyable!

OK, back to editing.....

Nothingface
07-13-2010, 03:46 AM
Hah, Miami at Syracuse is my traditional game way back since the ps1 days. It's sad cuz I play pretty terrible when breaking in a new game.

I've only played one full game (killing myself to get rosters asap). It was the same matchup I play every year when I first get the game. ND @ PSU. I won 35-27 (8 min qtrs, AA default). Very, very enjoyable!

OK, back to editing.....

SmoothPancakes
07-13-2010, 04:01 AM
YOU'RE SERIOUS ? You're really serious that even the ps2 version seems to bring something different to the table so to speak ?

is the game different in other ways ? looks or anything ?

I think he's saying that this game (on the current gen systems) is so good out of the box that it rivals even the best of the best PS2-era NCAA games.

ram29jackson
07-13-2010, 05:01 AM
Oh, oopsy

Rudy
07-13-2010, 05:43 AM

Me too. I won't be able to play until tonight.

I guess the stat overlays only pop up every 100 rushing & receiving yards and 300 yards passing. CD guys, is there any way to ask the NCAA devs to decrease those yardage totals? ie. Pop up every 50 rush/receiving yard totals and every 150 yards passing? It would at least show them twice as much.

souljahbill
07-13-2010, 06:00 AM

I guess the stat overlays only pop up every 100 rushing & receiving yards and 300 yards passing. CD guys, is there any way to ask the NCAA devs to decrease those yardage totals? ie. Pop up every 50 rush/receiving yard totals and every 150 yards passing? It would at least show them twice as much.

Add after every (User) Big Gain also.

Kwizzy
07-13-2010, 06:26 AM
Picked up the game this morning on my way in to work, won't be able to play until this evening but the 50 limit on formation subs actually does have a negative effect on me.

i will actually struggle to keep my subs under 50. I planned on using it to get different HBs, TEs, & WRs into all of my different formations as well as on special teams & some defensive adjustments as well. Gonna have to sort through & decide what I can get away with using packages & whatnot on offense as defense & special teams are my priority here.

Excited to be able to play the game & share some thoughts later.

JBHuskers
07-13-2010, 08:27 AM

We mentioned it back at community day. I suggested something like Madden where it shows the result, and then the total for the game after every play that they're involved in.

Solidice
07-13-2010, 08:31 AM
just picked it up at Wal-Mart(you get a $5 gift card along with NCAA 11 it seems) and just installed it to the hard drive. if anyone was wondering, it takes up 6.1 GBs

AustinWolv
07-13-2010, 08:52 AM
Played last night after midnight release and then just started up again right now. Playing on Heisman default and I'm impressed. Game feels balanced so far, not cheap/cheating like Heisman is years past.
The CPU is AGGRESSIVE on defense, they blitz you like mad and it gets there quick. Really need to stay on top of the down and yardage to keep them off-balance.
Had some sweet runs, options, and some long passes already.

Playing defense is tough in that having to get used to the locomotion when going after ballcarriers and how to stop the CPU passing game. If they get a sniff of success on the ground, they really attack it hard and keep at it.

JBHuskers
07-13-2010, 08:54 AM
Played last night after midnight release and then just started up again right now. Playing on Heisman default and I'm impressed. Game feels balanced so far, not cheap/cheating like Heisman is years past.
The CPU is AGGRESSIVE on defense, they blitz you like mad and it gets there quick. Really need to stay on top of the down and yardage to keep them off-balance.
Had some sweet runs, options, and some long passes already.

Playing defense is tough in that having to get used to the locomotion when going after ballcarriers and how to stop the CPU passing game. If they get a sniff of success on the ground, they really attack it hard and keep at it.

For not playing much on Heisman, this was what I noticed most. The other was on many slant routes the defender was in front and ahead, so it was tough to complete unless you could accurately throw behind.

AustinWolv
07-13-2010, 09:05 AM
Other aspects:
The CPU offensive-playcalling has been pretty good from what I've seen. No blatantly dumb playcalls and they'll surprise you at times. Much improved from years past so far.

The amount of dropped passes is great and they don't look forced like in years past in order to account for lowering robo-QB's percentage.....they are due to tight coverage or tough catches or strips. Seen a couple bad throws.

Definitely a big difference in playing an equal-rated team versus playing one that is a grade higher or so. The LOS play is noticeable in that I'm playing MINN and it is much easier to get defensive penetration than compared to an OSU for example.

Need to work on running strategy out of the gun still. Running the ball out of I or Ace is pretty easy, but out of the gun it'll get eaten up still so need to toy with setting it up better as forcing it won't work.

Also, I was playing with the right stick moves in practice mode and noticed that when auto-sprint kicks in, you can't do spins. I turned it back to manual sprint which gives you better flexibility downfield. I've been using the right stick plenty for leans and trucking to cover up, but not sold on it for spins yet.

Nothingface
07-13-2010, 09:23 AM
It's only 7:23am and i'm out of patience. lol.

JBHuskers
07-13-2010, 09:26 AM
Other aspects:
The CPU offensive-playcalling has been pretty good from what I've seen. No blatantly dumb playcalls and they'll surprise you at times. Much improved from years past so far.

The amount of dropped passes is great and they don't look forced like in years past in order to account for lowering robo-QB's percentage.....they are due to tight coverage or tough catches or strips. Seen a couple bad throws.

Definitely a big difference in playing an equal-rated team versus playing one that is a grade higher or so. The LOS play is noticeable in that I'm playing MINN and it is much easier to get defensive penetration than compared to an OSU for example.

Need to work on running strategy out of the gun still. Running the ball out of I or Ace is pretty easy, but out of the gun it'll get eaten up still so need to toy with setting it up better as forcing it won't work.

Also, I was playing with the right stick moves in practice mode and noticed that when auto-sprint kicks in, you can't do spins. I turned it back to manual sprint which gives you better flexibility downfield. I've been using the right stick plenty for leans and trucking to cover up, but not sold on it for spins yet.

Yes! The CPU busted out with a draw on 3rd and 12 once ..... :eek:

souljahbill
07-13-2010, 09:43 AM
I've never had to use my punter so much. I punted 6 times in a game already. The computer is also really good on 3rd down. It seems to be too good sometimes. The cpu still has that tendency of being able to throw accurately a millisecond before getting hit whereas I'll eat dirt or throw a duck in the same situation.

AustinWolv
07-13-2010, 09:47 AM
Man, it is tough getting the CPU off the field on Heisman at times. I just gave up a 17 play drive for a FG that ate 4:50 of a 7min 3rd quarter. Broken tackles were silly on one play, but missed tackles getting used to the defender locomotion still gave them a first down at least one on another play.

TheShockDoctor
07-13-2010, 10:01 AM
I really like this game but my first play was a play action pass fromt he shotgun and my QB just stood there and wouldnt move and he got sacked...I ran it a few more times and I think it is indeed a glitch. Ill try to find the play again and give you the name of it.

gschwendt
07-13-2010, 10:03 AM
I really like this game but my first play was a play action pass fromt he shotgun and my QB just stood there and wouldnt move and he got sacked...I ran it a few more times and I think it is indeed a glitch. Ill try to find the play again and give you the name of it.
Please do and we'll send a video along to the developers. Was it in the Michigan playbook? I've played through just about the entire playbook and haven't come across it but will be interested in seeing it.

Solidice
07-13-2010, 10:43 AM
Play my first game, Texas @ Texas Tech(me), default AA, 7 minute quarters, no gameplan adjustments(except chew clock late in the game)

final score, TTU 20, UT 7

it was a fairly easy game for me. both teams had 2 turnover, I fumbled twice, Ut fumbled once and threw a pick. I was pretty conservative on offense and defense, didn't blitz much at all. Texas punted 5 times to my 2. my defense controlled UTs offense for pretty much the entire game, UT didn't score until under 2 minutes to go in the game(blown coverage by me).
my QB finished 17-24 234 yards 2 Tds, sacked 2 times. Texas' QB was 10-13 121 yards 1 TD 1 Int, sacked 5 times. neither team ran the ball great.

the player of the game was my LE, 7 total tackles(6 solo) and 4 sacks.

fun game overall, wished Texas could have put up more of a fight.

first TD of the game, Sheffield(who I started over Potts) to Torres for a 68 yard TD.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/22264898

Coachdenz
07-13-2010, 10:45 AM
well I went and got the game last night at midnight, and one point that I would like to make:

1. I don't know why in the hell at 37 I would drive 25 miles at 11PM to get a game.
2. I haven't played it yet
3. Next year I will be sure to get FREE overnight shipping.
4. I'm pretty sure out of the 75-100 people wanting to get the game I was the oldest one in line.:smh:
5. I hope everyone has fun today, cause my old self is tired and doubt that I will get many games in today.

JBHuskers
07-13-2010, 10:53 AM
well I went and got the game last night at midnight, and one point that I would like to make:

1. I don't know why in the hell at 37 I would drive 25 miles at 11PM to get a game.
2. I haven't played it yet
3. Next year I will be sure to get FREE overnight shipping.
4. I'm pretty sure out of the 75-100 people wanting to get the game I was the oldest one in line.:smh:
5. I hope everyone has fun today, cause my old self is tired and doubt that I will get many games in today.

:D yeah the last couple of years I've given up on doing midnight releases for anything.

AustinWolv
07-13-2010, 10:55 AM
I finished a 7min Hiesman game. My QB was 77% completion, no TDs, 1 pick. CPU QB was 59% with 1 TD, no picks. I lost by 1. :(
Both teams struggled on the ground, with the starting RBs averaging 2.5 and 3.4ypc respectively.

There were about 110 plays in the game, so will probably try 8min quarters a bit later to see about getting more plays to match usual NCAA average number of plays around 120.

souljahbill
07-13-2010, 11:01 AM
I finished a 7min Hiesman game. My QB was 77% completion, no TDs, 1 pick. CPU QB was 59% with 1 TD, no picks. I lost by 1. :(
Both teams struggled on the ground, with the starting RBs averaging 2.5 and 3.4ypc respectively.

There were about 110 plays in the game, so will probably try 8min quarters a bit later to see about getting more plays to match usual NCAA average number of plays around 120.

And everyone was worried that every game would be a shootout. :D

razorback44
07-13-2010, 11:04 AM
This game is amazing! At halftime of my first game and it is just perfect so far.

SpreadCoach
07-13-2010, 11:42 AM
Well I just got my copy from amazon, rip open the cover, open the case, and NO DISC in the case. Let me say this again, NO DISC! This sucks, I'm at a loss for words, seems I will be waiting one more day, I have called Amazon they are shipping me another one.

JBHuskers
07-13-2010, 11:43 AM
Well I just got my copy from amazon, rip open the cover, open the case, and NO DISC in the case. Let me say this again, NO DISC! This sucks, I'm at a loss for words, seems I will be waiting one more day, I have called Amazon they are shipping me another one.

:eek: that blows man.

SpreadCoach
07-13-2010, 11:52 AM
:eek: that blows man.

I know, I spent like 5 minutes staring at the case hoping the disc would magically appear.

Flav
07-13-2010, 11:56 AM
SpreadCoach, go to WalMart and buy a copy and once your new copy from Amazon take it back since it is still packaged :)

SpreadCoach
07-13-2010, 12:01 PM
SpreadCoach, go to WalMart and buy a copy and once your new copy from Amazon take it back since it is still packaged :)

That's what I've decided to do, it took a while for my mind to become clear enough to realize that I could do that.

beartide06
07-13-2010, 12:12 PM
Ok guys, just found a really crazy glitch... I have no idea what play or playbook, but my friend is North Carolina and he was playing LSU. Well, the QB for LSU ran and slid and the ball fell out of his hands for a fumble. Here's where it gets crazy. The ball hits the turf and nobody can pick the ball up... They kick the ball around and dive at it for 3 minutes, and eventually my friend quits because nobody can pick it up. He recorded it on his phone. Just thought I'd put it out there to see if it may be able to be addressed.

cdj
07-13-2010, 12:37 PM
Ok guys, just found a really crazy glitch... I have no idea what play or playbook, but my friend is North Carolina and he was playing LSU. Well, the QB for LSU ran and slid and the ball fell out of his hands for a fumble. Here's where it gets crazy. The ball hits the turf and nobody can pick the ball up... They kick the ball around and dive at it for 3 minutes, and eventually my friend quits because nobody can pick it up. He recorded it on his phone. Just thought I'd put it out there to see if it may be able to be addressed.

Make sure to post the vid addy so we can send it on. JStein2469 saw that issue at the CE and this is the first I've heard of it being in retail.

steelerfan
07-13-2010, 12:55 PM
I played as Pitt vs UGA on AA, 8 min qtrs. Great game! I won 24-13. Could've ended 17-13 but I returned a fumble with about 1:30 to go (only TO of the game). I was very impressed with the CPU defense loading the box by bringing their safeties down to stop Lewis. After I beat them over the top, they backed off until I ran it down their throat again. I think 9 minute qtrs will be necessary as the most snaps I've seen is 115 and that was vs ND's no-huddle.

Back to roster editing.....

beartide06
07-13-2010, 01:04 PM
Make sure to post the vid addy so we can send it on. JStein2469 saw that issue at the CE and this is the first I've heard of it being in retail.

Ok It's not the full play since we didn't know it was going to happen. All we have is the guys kicking it around and what not. I have had quite a few glitches that I have seen that I feel are significant. Would you like for me to pm them to you?

cdj
07-13-2010, 01:09 PM
Ok It's not the full play since we didn't know it was going to happen. All we have is the guys kicking it around and what not. I have had quite a few glitches that I have seen that I feel are significant. Would you like for me to pm them to you?

Definitely and feel free to also post in our Bugs & Glitches feedback thread (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?523-Bugs-amp-Glitches-NCAA-Football-12-Wish-List-amp-Feedback) unless you feel they are issues that are easily exploited if shared.

AustinWolv
07-13-2010, 01:33 PM
And everyone was worried that every game would be a shootout. :D
Yeah, not so much, :D. Final was 22-21.

Tarhead10
07-13-2010, 01:48 PM
Im loving this game!!! Also the intro has to be the best I have ever seen!!! Gets you pumped for some football... I dont know about anybody else, but it is very hard to get alot of yards on punt returns, maybe about 10-12 yards is all i can get...

BPHusker
07-13-2010, 01:54 PM
I thought the patch was supposed to fix the PA pass glitch where the QB just keeps running backwards... It almost screwed me out of FG range against a buddy.

Solidice
07-13-2010, 03:00 PM
I got an achievement for passing for 300+ yards using an option offense. :D

I just wanting to see how tough it would be to pass with Army, didn't know there was an achievement for it.

gschwendt
07-13-2010, 03:01 PM
I got an achievement for passing for 300+ yards using an option offense. :D

I just wanting to see how tough it would be to pass with Army, didn't know there was an achievement for it.
There's also a "run for 200 yards with an Air Raid offense" I believe.

xMrHitStickx904
07-13-2010, 03:22 PM
only complaint forreal is that it freezes too much, and the sideline push out needs to be tuned. but im lovin itt.

JBHuskers
07-13-2010, 03:23 PM
only complaint forreal is that it freezes too much, and the sideline push out needs to be tuned. but im lovin itt.

Agreed.

I haven't had any freezing yet though.

jaymo76
07-13-2010, 04:26 PM
After TWO games I am really enjoying myself.

(me) Wake F. 24 Nevada 0
(me) SMU 27 AF 7

Issues/observations:

cpu run game~ NON-EXISTENT .... on AA cpu avgs 1.7 yards in two games?????
all penalties at 100... cpu had 23 penalties.... 21 were facemask!!!!
slow vs normal.... I think I am leaning towards slow... just feels more natural
No pistol for me.... I just can't run the ball well from that set
Great playbook... Wake Forest (a lot of I and shot gun )
Injuries... um.... ZERO comments from Erin Andrews... ZERO
Stat overlays.... far too few
User sacks... I have had two in two games???
Presentation adds so much to the game
Formation subs..........FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)):)):))

I'm about to play with the sliders now ~ big issues to fix
: human pass rush
: cpu run game

By tonight I should be ready for dynasty mode. This is gonna be one heck of a night:cool:

PigSooie
07-13-2010, 05:11 PM
So far I'm liking the game a lot ... probably the most I've enjoyed NCAA Football in a long time ... here's a few things I've noticed:

* I'm with Jaymo, the computer rushing game on AA default is really not there ... this is gonna take some slider tweaking. I got beat 24-7 in a game against Ole Miss with Navy and I never really feared their running game because we kept stopping them for minimal gains even in bad playcalls by me.

* At first there were far too many WR drops for me and I was a bit alarmed and thought I'd have to tweak sliders ... but as I played more and more I got the hang of touch and timing on my passes. Passers, just stick with it. As you log more time, the drops are really realistic.

* There have been so many instances where I've seen that the locomotion system works great. Got my vote for best addition to the game. Huge difference maker. Power backs can be really valuable now. My best one: had a big fullback rumble for a 19-yard TD on an option give ... he got through the hole, got up a head of steam, I hit the truck on the stick and he bowled over the free safety about four yards from the endzone and walked over his chest. I laughed out loud. Had option QBs with high ACC out-run slower LBs to the corner on good option reads on many occasions.

* Which brings me to this ... good Flexbone and Wishbone reads work well with the new blocking. You make the right reads and you'll move the ball against teams you should move the ball against. But good SEC defenses have smashed me due to speed all over the field. I've also noticed that if you set the defense up by running the ball between the tackles, the CPU actually starts crashing and it's opened up a few long runs by my QB and HB. Nice to see that the computer doesn't seem to know what's coming every play.

* Playing defense is actually pretty fun with the AA default settings. Although the pass rush is lacking. Because even with uneven teams it seems like the QB has a bit more time than he should. Gonna have to tweak the sliders on the pass rush, just like J, too. Been able to jump routes and pick off a few passes in coverage.

* Great presentation!!! The entrances really get the blood going with the fans wearing your jerseys in the stands, even on Teambuilder teams. Although, I'd prefer more stat overlays too! When my RB is tearing up the turf in the flexbone, the only stat overlay I got is when he crossed the 100-yard threshold.

Overall, a good game ... need some slider tweaks here and there ... but overall it's fun.

Rudy
07-13-2010, 05:57 PM
(deleted - not impressions)

ram29jackson
07-13-2010, 06:14 PM
problems or dislikes will come to light as time goes on. But for now,

I'm as merry as a school boy!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Bdqgc59jrc&feature=related

JBHuskers
07-13-2010, 06:19 PM
Something I hadn't had yet that is very cool...an overcast game with a light fog.

JBHuskers
07-13-2010, 06:33 PM
w00t! you can do no huddle in RTG!

Kwizzy
07-13-2010, 06:49 PM
Only played a couple games so far but I'm loving it.

-First game, Texas (cpu) vs Nebraska (me) AA 6min qtrs.... 17-0 Nebraska & 1 TD was a garbage TD w/ less than a minute left. It was 3-0 most of the game. Awesome defensive game but I would've liked to see a little more competent CPU run game. Formation subs are amazing!

-Second game, Arkansas (cpu) at Auburn (me) AA 6 min qtrs... 24-0 Arkansas at half, had to quit. Mallett was torching me.

-Messed with recruiting for a couple minutes & it seem like it'll be pretty fun & challenging.

just some quick impressions but, again, I'm really impressed so far.

HWill
07-13-2010, 06:52 PM
I love that I am getting entertaining games on default settings. Haven't bothered to mess with sliders and things like that yet. Who knows? Maybe I won't have to.

AustinWolv
07-13-2010, 07:16 PM
Just played default AA game of UM against MSU. Beat them by 30 with just over 500 yards of offense. Good fun, but probably shouldn't beat a team 49-19 when both teams have 4 turnovers each. Had a beautiful read option play though and running is SOOOOO easy on AA compared to Heisman. All day to pass too on AA although I wasn't playing a higher-talent team.

Offense on AA is a touch too easy perhaps compared to Heisman, but defense against the CPU is more reasonable on AA compared to Heisman.

However, that is just impressions based on teams of equal ratings for one game. Going to play Miami now, who is A- team.

HWill
07-13-2010, 07:17 PM
Is it just me, or is running the ball more effective than passing this year?

JBHuskers
07-13-2010, 07:45 PM
The format of the e-mail stats for every game is NICE......

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/Email1.png

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/Email2.png

Facebook integration of the stats isn't working yet though...

ram29jackson
07-13-2010, 08:16 PM
end around against AI. its a big deal to me because I dont remember end around ever working against AI before?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a58mNju8GoE

ram29jackson
07-13-2010, 08:29 PM
sorry, wrong thread))))))))

HuskerBlitz
07-13-2010, 08:44 PM
Okay, initial observations after one full game and a half of another.

Played a default AA game on 7 mins with my NSU team against Nebraska. A little disappointed offensively. I held Nebraska to just 60 yards in the first half. Neither teams could rush very well, I was running the pistol. I was 11 of 15 passing in the first quarter for 175 yards. I wound up winning 20-14 (one of their scores was an intercepted pitch on an option).

Also, don't like how the lighting effects the coloring of the helmet. I like the idea, just not how it is implemented. It also makes it hard to see the helmet logo at times as well.

I have to adjust to the new faster clock. I played on 7 min quarters but will probably need to bump up to 8 to get the desired stats and play count.

Also, I'm really struggling with the locomotion. That takes some time getting used to. Same with the new playcalling screen. Not a big fan of it.

I was also disappointed in the limited use of the spoken names. I was amped to hear Prairie Dogs in the game, but they only said it at the beginning and the end of the game and not at the quarter break. Against my two TB teams, it wasn't said at all. Booooo...

Those are about the only gripes about the game so far. The game is beautiful in appearance. The movements of the players are mainly good and not nearly as choppy in past editions. This is just a brief look at what I've seen so far. There are a ton of good things to mention.

jaymo76
07-13-2010, 08:47 PM
Is it just me, or is running the ball more effective than passing this year?

Just played my first dynasty game as Arizona St vs "FCS Cobras" 67-7

ASU rushes 42
ASU Rush Yards 493
ASU Td's off the rush 8
ASU SACKS... ZERO!!!!

MASSIVE Human rushing yards and no pass rush still... more slider tweaks needed.

Undertow
07-13-2010, 08:49 PM
Have you guys played with RTG yet? I thought I read somewhere that we would we able to return kickoffs this year? That was always something that really irritated me about RTG. Along with CPU playcalling...

jaymo76
07-13-2010, 09:07 PM
Um.... IS ERIN ANDREWS IN THE GAME? I have heard her ZERO times and I have seen athletic trainers on the field ZERO times... Is anyone else noticing this???

cdj
07-13-2010, 09:11 PM
Um.... IS ERIN ANDREWS IN THE GAME? I have heard her ZERO times and I have seen athletic trainers on the field ZERO times... Is anyone else noticing this???

Unfortunately, there's not the trainers on the field for injuries every time or even an injury indicator every time. I've only seen the trainers a few times and heard Erin even fewer....or at least, pretty sure I heard her. Now you have me second guessing myself. :P

Kingpin32
07-13-2010, 09:13 PM
She's in the game, I've heard her a few times, but has anyone noticed that she's wearing the exact same outfit for RTG that she wore last year?

Marlowe
07-13-2010, 09:14 PM

I had a similar one out of the I twins in the Texas playbook. QB faked the hand off and just kept running backwards about 30 yards before I was able to take control of him.

cdj
07-13-2010, 09:15 PM
She's in the game, I've heard her a few times, but has anyone noticed that she's wearing the exact same outfit for RTG that she wore last year?

I don't think they had her in for recording this year. Most of this spring she was prepping for and appearing on Dancing with the Stars.

jaymo76
07-13-2010, 09:26 PM
Unfortunately, there's not the trainers on the field for injuries every time or even an injury indicator every time. I've only seen the trainers a few times and heard Erin even fewer....or at least, pretty sure I heard her. Now you have me second guessing myself. :P

I really liked the feature last year and I figured adding the madden 10 stuff would make this great, but really it's a dissapointment for 11. I wonder if it can be patched?

ram29jackson
07-13-2010, 09:27 PM
playing against colorado Buffs-

the AI kicker missed a 26 and 37 yarder

than it made a 46 yarder later

against Idaho, the AI kicker missed his first extra point - AA default

Coachdenz
07-13-2010, 09:44 PM
1st game
Alabama vs Auburn yes a mismatch but I just wanted to play my 1st game. 31-3 ( I think) Auburn played the run tuff at 1st but the opening play I hit on a 59 yard bomb and that open the flood gates
2nd game
Southern Miss vs MTSU 31-7 at the half and I cut it off, MTSU had to many turnovers and the game was starting to not be fun
3rd game
Miss State vs Auburn 34-7 ( this game was 28-0 at the half

now my skills are avg. at best and on All american this game seems a little to easy and throw out the 1st game, but the game with Auburn I thought would have been a little closer and it was over at the half.

Animations in the game is great, I really like the broken tackes etc. etc.
I like the over throws, and seems like the more pressure you put on the QB the HIGHER chance of the pass being off the mark, which I like.

4th game Washington (me) vs GT (home) 14-0 I held GT to 94 yards total offense with 26 yards on the ground and 68 yards passing.
this was pretty fun, I messed around a lot on offense, but GT stuffed my run game pretty good, got alot of pressure on the QB and 2 sacks, GT went away from the option in the 2nd half and just could not complete a pass for nothing, guess that's like real life huh 8 )

my overall 1st day I would say i'm happy with the game, but just hope turnovers by the computer doesn't start to show up more in my game. I think this will be a fun year for Football with some slider adjustments, now I just need to take my game online to see how it plays.

all my games have been against spread teams so I'm going to try a pro style or option next and see what happens against the computer.
over all the game seems fun, but a little easy on AA.

ram29jackson
07-13-2010, 10:01 PM
its still a video game haha

3rd and 1, I throw incomplete pass and call hurry up-the players run back to formation and I complete a 10 yrd pass to tight end over middle before 2 defenders get to me

scrambled- threw ball out of bounds and still called a successful hurry up for next play

..I still like the game though :nod:

steelerfan
07-13-2010, 10:08 PM
I'm surprised you guys are saying you get no pass rush. I've only played 3 games (AA default, 8 minutes) and in my last one (27-13 loss as Rice vs ECU) I had 7 sacks. I Pass Commit alot though.

ram29jackson
07-13-2010, 10:10 PM
if this because theres something I dont understand about football formation logic in real life, forgive me for being stupid

I called -pro formation- curl flats- I put the back on the right side in motion to the left.

I expect him to be a 3rd receiver. but instead, he stops right behind the tight end on the left.. and stays there..?

ram29jackson
07-13-2010, 10:13 PM
if this because theres something I dont understand about football formation logic in real life, forgive me for being stupid

I called -pro formation- curl flats- I put the back on the right side in motion to the left.

expect him to be a 3rd receiver. but instead, he stops right behind the tight end on the left.. and stays there..?

i'm sorry- its split normal - curl flats

JBHuskers
07-13-2010, 10:46 PM

Yeah I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a white block cover my team's part of the score overlay with a red cross and the word injury when it happens.....then do the pop-up they have been doing normally, but make it stand up longer.

HuskerBlitz
07-14-2010, 12:08 AM
Okay, initial observations after one full game and a half of another.

Played a default AA game on 7 mins with my NSU team against Nebraska. A little disappointed offensively. I held Nebraska to just 60 yards in the first half. Neither teams could rush very well, I was running the pistol. I was 11 of 15 passing in the first quarter for 175 yards. I wound up winning 20-14 (one of their scores was an intercepted pitch on an option).

Also, don't like how the lighting effects the coloring of the helmet. I like the idea, just not how it is implemented. It also makes it hard to see the helmet logo at times as well. There's also an annoying cut scene with my team in the background and my home jerseys are a puke white color. Not a big deal, but yuck!

I have to adjust to the new faster clock. I played on 7 min quarters but will probably need to bump up to 8 to get the desired stats and play count.

Also, I'm really struggling with the locomotion. That takes some time getting used to. Same with the new playcalling screen. Not a big fan of it.
Okay, I'm adjusting to the locomotion. I'm stuck with hitting the hit stick like for 10 so that is something I'm going to just have to unlearn. I still need more work on the offensive side of the ball though.

I was also disappointed in the limited use of the spoken names. I was amped to hear Prairie Dogs in the game, but they only said it at the beginning and the end of the game and not at the quarter break. Against my two TB teams, it wasn't said at all. Booooo...
Maybe it was just that game because it said Prairie Dogs for two different quarters in my second full game.

Those are about the only gripes about the game so far. The game is beautiful in appearance. The movements of the players are mainly good and not nearly as choppy in past editions. This is just a brief look at what I've seen so far. There are a ton of good things to mention.

Some additions to my notes before in bold above.

Second game impressions: I played and defeated San Diego State 20-17. I still held them to 206 offensive yards while I had 413. SDSU was only credited with 4 sacks, but it seem like they nailed me 10 times. A sack for me actually felt like an accomplishment.

The option seemed too powerful in my second game. My QB (who is balanced, but more of a passing QB) ran 87-yards untouched on an option keeper. He also broke another one for another 20+ yards. Against the computer, I liked last year's running as you felt you earned yards up the gut. Got the same feeling this year as you have to work to pick up yards inside. Running outside, in my experience, is really tough this year. I like that. Overall, I feel the default AA defense is pretty good. I was just 8 of 22 passing for 192 yards and most came on a long pass play where my TE was caught in a rundown, as he should have been by the CB.

The player movements leave me really impressed. Still a little jerky but the new SPD and ACC ratings really make a difference. At times it felt like too big of a gap to get momentum again, but that could be due to my player's ratings.

Honestly, one would have to look long and hard to find a game-killer in this game (I actually thought 10 was pretty good for the most part). I can't wait to start playing around with dynasty mode, that's for sure.

Oh, and love the unis for my Sioux Nation team. Sharp, as are my NSU uniforms, in terms of how the colors stand out. I just wish the helmets wouldn't look 'off'.

Overall, great game so far. Really impressed with the game play.

Rudy
07-14-2010, 05:48 AM
Don't have time to fully write-up my thoughts this morning before work so I'll post my full impressions later as work will ban me from this site. Got about 3 hours in (just short of 3 games - I quit as Bama was pasting me) and had fun. Not blown away like some have but I did enjoy it. The highlight of the game is the running game imo. The game got more fun as I played it. I actually like the Slow speed best.

One big disappointment is the cutoff of the intstant replays on the PS3. We all have hard drives EA! I had a great run by John Clay where I busted some tackles on a long run and all I see on the highlights system is the end run. That was frustrating. The cpu running game on AA needs a big boost imo. The rest of the game is pretty balanced but I think the cpu offense on AA is weak all around.

Kwizzy
07-14-2010, 08:28 AM
The game looks really good & I like the feel of locomotion but it will take some getting used to. Running is really fun in this game & when you make the right read on the zone read, it feels pretty sweet to see the field open up in front of you. Passing is pretty difficult for me so far. It seems like cpu CBs get WAY too good a jump on almost every out route but I wanna test that against differently rated CBs. It might’ve just been because I was playing against some good corners.

Tweaks that’ll have to be med to sliders on AA difficulty…. CPU run game needs a big boost, the CPU passing game may need a little boost as well, user pass rush up just a bit. Other than that I’m pretty impressed with the gameplay so far, especially considering I anticipated it being a scoring fest.

skipwondah33
07-14-2010, 08:44 AM
I played a rack of games lastnight, all of them being online against a HUM opponent.

This game definitely exceeded my expectations so far. Initially I had I felt 2 ways before buying this game. First I thought "I'm passing on it because my experiences in the last 2-3 versions". My second thought was "it actually may be a good game" after watching and reading through all of the materiel the fellas here put out. I try to measure games by how they have progressed from the previous year. An example is that I play alot of Madden, 09 IMO was bad, couldn't really stand it. Then 10 was released and it was leaps and bounds better than 09 IMO. A very solid foundation was built with 10. Well that is how I feel about NCAA 10. It is by far a completely different game than 09 and their foundation has been built on next-gen.

Maybe I feel this way so far because I haven't played a full game against the CPU AI. Thats when the problems tend to happen.

So thus far in 6 games

Pros
Blocking AI has been greatly improved
Locomotion (love it )
WR catch animations (they are much more fluid and in stride)
WR's AI (they now adjust to the ball in the air, although I get alot of drops)
Overthrows actually happen

Cons
User control is a pain. Maybe I just need to get used to it
DB's dropped the easiest picks in the games I've played
Run and Pass commit are still in the game

Not really a detailed list so far but like I said I've only played HUM opponents so thats all I got. I may be able to give a better one once I play the CPU a few times.

Deuce
07-14-2010, 08:55 AM
There's a lot of things to say but to me all that matters is...is it fun? I'm having a blast!! I do wish AA was a little tougher. I'm 5-1 after six games and was hoping for more losses. I've always been reluctant to play on Heisman b/c it never felt fair. Anyone have any thoughts on how heisman plays vs AA?

griffin2608
07-14-2010, 08:58 AM
The game looks great and I really like it, but there are a few issues I have seen so far. I have seen the CPU come out and kick a field goal that hit the upright but it still went in and the game did not count it. Sometimes the cut seen of the team celebrating on the side line has the wrong team on the wrong sideline. The announcers some times say you fumbled on the last drive when you did not. Other than the few issues that the game is going to have I love it.

AustinWolv
07-14-2010, 09:42 AM
Anyone have any thoughts on how heisman plays vs AA?
Much tougher on Heisman. The CPU run game is about right in being dangerous and on the verge of being unstoppable depending on who you are playing. The CPU RB, at least the couple I was playing, might break a few too many tackles. Or they just overrated those RBs severely. ;)

The CPU playcalling is pretty damn good, and you don't see nearly the amount of 'why did they call that...that was pointless' stuff than in years past. AA human run game is easy compared to Heisman. Huge difference there. Human passing seems about the same except more drops on Heisman.

The CPU passing game is tight. They'll shred you and catch a LOT of tough passes.
Human pass rush needs to be bumped up, as does human running game. CPU FG power needs to be dropped, as does human FG accuracy.
CPU pass rush and blitz are really effective and fast.....if they get you in lots of passing situations, expect your QB to get hit a lot and quickly. CPU pass rush needs to be turned down a touch.

I have some early slider adjustments that I'll post tonight with quick comments as to why in the Balanced (Heisman) slider thread in the slider subforum.

griffin2608
07-14-2010, 09:50 AM
Much tougher on Heisman. The CPU run game is about right in being dangerous and on the verge of being unstoppable depending on who you are playing. The CPU RB, at least the couple I was playing, might break a few too many tackles. Or they just overrated those RBs severely. ;)

The CPU playcalling is pretty damn good, and you don't see nearly the amount of 'why did they call that...that was pointless' stuff than in years past. AA human run game is easy compared to Heisman. Huge difference there. Human passing seems about the same except more drops on Heisman.

The CPU passing game is tight. They'll shred you and catch a LOT of tough passes.
Human pass rush needs to be bumped up, as does human running game. CPU FG power needs to be dropped, as does human FG accuracy.
CPU pass rush and blitz are really effective and fast.....if they get you in lots of passing situations, expect your QB to get hit a lot and quickly. CPU pass rush needs to be turned down a touch.

I have some early slider adjustments that I'll post tonight with quick comments as to why in the Balanced (Heisman) slider thread in the slider subforum.

Thats good to know because just like years past the AA setting is just too easy. I have tried Hiesman in the past and it was just cheap. I wish one day they will make a difficulty setting that is based on attributes of the players. I would really like to see your slider adjustments for the hiesman setting. Last night I was playing as my TB team and they are pretty crappy. 60 accross the board (D) and I beat New Mexico 28-6 then I went on the play Nebraska in the "sea of red" and it was 3-0 me until the 2nd quarter and I should have been getting my but kicked. One thing I noticed, the penalty sliders are very touchy this year I turned them up to 60 and one drive had 5 consectuive holding calls.

Deuce
07-14-2010, 09:53 AM

Awesome! Good info...thanks!

I OU a Beatn
07-14-2010, 10:12 AM
The one major annoyance so far is how often my defensive players drop easy picks.

Deuce
07-14-2010, 10:26 AM
Funny, I just lost my last two games on AA. One to the home team and I was overmatched the next game I was the home team and got shutout 17-0 by an equal team!! :D:D

That'll teach me to talk about AA being too easy.

JeffHCross
07-14-2010, 10:31 AM
I'm about to play with the sliders now ~ big issues to fix
: human pass rush
: cpu run game

* I'm with Jaymo, the computer rushing game on AA default is really not there ... this is gonna take some slider tweaking. I got beat 24-7 in a game against Ole Miss with Navy and I never really feared their running game because we kept stopping them for minimal gains even in bad playcalls by me.
I expect both of you to be participating in the Community Sliders project ;)

AustinWolv
07-14-2010, 10:34 AM
Funny, I just lost my last two games on AA. One to the home team and I was overmatched the next game I was the home team and got shutout 17-0 by an equal team!! :D:D

Momentum is alive and well. In close games the CPU plays you tougher and their pass rush is much better if you are losing. If you get momentum on them, things are much easier for your offense and your D plays better overall. No different than past years.

jaymo76
07-14-2010, 10:49 AM
Don't have time to fully write-up my thoughts this morning before work so I'll post my full impressions later as work will ban me from this site. Got about 3 hours in (just short of 3 games - I quit as Bama was pasting me) and had fun. Not blown away like some have but I did enjoy it. The highlight of the game is the running game imo. The game got more fun as I played it. I actually like the Slow speed best.
One big disappointment is the cutoff of the intstant replays on the PS3. We all have hard drives EA! I had a great run by John Clay where I busted some tackles on a long run and all I see on the highlights system is the end run. That was frustrating. The cpu running game on AA needs a big boost imo. The rest of the game is pretty balanced but I think the cpu offense on AA is weak all around.

Rudy, I really agree with your higlighted section. I love NCAA football and I am having a blast with 11. There are definitely some warts that are showing though.

Biggest issues for ME:

1. Erin Andrews/Injuries situation~ this needs to be patched. If need be go back to NCAA 10 format but it really messed up this year
2. Fatigue~ yes it works but you really need to play with the sub sliders to get some rotation of the players. I still would like to see more subbing
3. ABSOLUTELY BRUTAL CPU RUN GAME (without major slider tweaks). I'm sorry, I know a lot of you don't see this as an issue but other than ONE game vs Wisconsin I have held every cpu RB (AA) below 50
yards. The cpu rush is consistent, but poor. I will be making major changes today to the run game sliders for the cpu
4. Human rushing is far too easy. I LOVE THE FEEL AND CONTROL OF RUSHING THIS YEAR BUT IT NEEDS TO BE TONED DOWN VIA SLIDER TWEAKS. It's too easy to tear off an 80 yard run.

Observation:

* turing CATCHING TO 55 for CPU and HUM really gets rid of a lot of the dropped balls!!!:))

Questions:

1. I'm still not sure about auto-run. I have it off but I might switch it to on. What is the commuity consensus?

2. I love slow gamespeed but I wonder, has anyone played around with speed threshold?

morsdraconis
07-14-2010, 11:17 AM
Questions:

1. I'm still not sure about auto-run. I have it off but I might switch it to on. What is the commuity consensus?

2. I love slow gamespeed but I wonder, has anyone played around with speed threshold?

1. I've done nothing but used it and I LOVE it. Lets me focus on hitting the hole and making moves and not having to worry about when and how to use speed burst as well.

2. I've stuck with Normal myself and find it perfect. With crappy QBs and how long it can take for them to wind up on long throws, it just seems perfect to me.

SirHellraiser
07-14-2010, 11:33 AM

Its because your a Soonner Fan Long Live UT Longhorns baby

xMrHitStickx904
07-14-2010, 11:58 AM
Patch idea: Umm, not getting a win when somebody quits in the first half of online games.

TheShockDoctor
07-14-2010, 12:54 PM
Please do and we'll send a video along to the developers. Was it in the Michigan playbook? I've played through just about the entire playbook and haven't come across it but will be interested in seeing it.

Well I went looking for it and could not find it at all. I'm hoping it was just a little hiccup in the game. I'll let you guys know if I come across it again.

I OU a Beatn
07-14-2010, 12:56 PM
Patch idea: Umm, not getting a win when somebody quits in the first half of online games.

Co-signed.

skipwondah33
07-14-2010, 01:14 PM

Thus the reason I only play against people I know IF and ONLY IF I play ranked games.

Whit
07-14-2010, 01:15 PM
Quick ?- Anyone know how to get to camera angle to get closer AFTER you hit R2 to see the pass routes/running play blocks pre-snap? Seems like the camera stays far away from the LOS to me all the way up to the snap. Sorry if prev posted.

PigSooie
07-14-2010, 01:16 PM

Auto-Sprint:
1. I've played around on both settings on and off I'm torn. I do like not having to worry about hitting the turbo all the time and concentrating on the stiff arms, spins, trucks, hurdles and jukes. At the same time, after all these years pushing the turbo when I get in open space, I feel guilty somehow when I'm using the auto-sprint feature. LOL!

I'd really like to know what people think about this setting. Which do you prefer on or off? How about some of you older gamers who have been playing NCAA forever? Does it seem like cheating? Or am I just being a cranky old geezer, who says "Back in my day, we had to hold the sprint button down to run faster, and it was freaking X instead of your fancy R2 button!"

Gamespeed:
2. I like the default normal settings. I don't think the game plays too fast or two slow on Normal. And I'm 38, so you KNOW my reaction times ain't what they used to be. Hahaha!

ram29jackson
07-14-2010, 01:23 PM
Auto-Sprint:
1. I've played around on both settings on and off I'm torn. I do like not having to worry about hitting the turbo all the time and concentrating on the stiff arms, spins, trucks, hurdles and jukes. At the same time, after all these years pushing the turbo when I get in open space, I feel guilty somehow when I'm using the auto-sprint feature. LOL!

I'd really like to know what people think about this setting. Which do you prefer on or off? How about some of you older gamers who have been playing NCAA forever? Does it seem like cheating? Or am I just being a cranky old geezer, who says "Back in my day, we had to hold the sprint button down to run faster, and it was freaking X instead of your fancy R2 button!"

Gamespeed:
2. I like the default normal settings. I don't think the game plays too fast or two slow on Normal. And I'm 38, so you KNOW my reaction times ain't what they used to be. Hahaha!

any feature that helps cause less wear and tare on controller is a good thing.
ratings should matter. Not whether or not i'm a speed trigger master. It may as well be a racing game or Sonic the Hedgehog.

gschwendt
07-14-2010, 01:25 PM
Quick ?- Anyone know how to get to camera angle to get closer AFTER you hit R2 to see the pass routes/running play blocks pre-snap? Seems like the camera stays far away from the LOS to me all the way up to the snap. Sorry if prev posted.
That seems to only happen online, but if you're on offense, you can just fake snap it and it will go back to normal. If you're on defense, unfortunately you're SOL.

ram29jackson
07-14-2010, 01:29 PM
That seems to only happen online, but if you're on offense, you can just fake snap it and it will go back to normal. If you're on defense, unfortunately you're SOL.

same junk as last year.
You try to whip through audibles/hot routes and get stuck in the process

jaymo76
07-14-2010, 02:08 PM
This run game and slider tweaks are driving me NUTS!!! After being able to run the ball non-stop, now for the last two games I have been held below 50 yards rushing. I'm going to move the cpu rush D down from 60 to 55 and see if that helps.

Cipher 8
07-14-2010, 02:42 PM
You know what would be cool for NCAA and Madden. You know the system where you spotlight someone on offense as their go to receiver. I'm not sure if it works for spotlighting them for a run play but anyways if they gave the offense a system like that so the QB could presnap spotlight a defender. Like you see NFL QB's doing spotting the blitzer for the line to pick up, i.e Peyton Manning. That would be cool and could bring a little more strategy to the game. Just an idea.

mundo
07-14-2010, 05:48 PM
Beautiful game, no doubt. They have done a great job of making the game "feel different" than previous iterations. I am going to agree that the running game is not there on AA and add to it that it seems like a large shift downward from the demo. Especially when it comes to the option (read, triple, flex) where the CPU QB seems confused at times. Don't remember that happening in the demo.

On the other hand, Heisman may be the level for me this year.

Solidice
07-14-2010, 06:33 PM
the ratings for my 5* road to glory option QB ended up ridiculous. 98 speed, 98 acc, 98 agility, 93 THP, 86 THA, 86 elusiveness, 85 overall.

I chose North Texas. :D

wanted to start(I don't really see me playing past year 1, and I don't feel like doing the practices) and I wanted to stay close to home. so it was between SMU and North Texas. NT won the random choosing.

morsdraconis
07-14-2010, 07:08 PM
the ratings for my 5* road to glory option QB ended up ridiculous. 98 speed, 98 acc, 98 agility, 93 THP, 86 THA, 86 elusiveness, 85 overall.

I chose North Texas. :D

wanted to start(I don't really see me playing past year 1, and I don't feel like doing the practices) and I wanted to stay close to home. so it was between SMU and North Texas. NT won the random choosing.

Wow. WTF is up with that crazy stuff? That's just disgusting attributes...

Rudy
07-14-2010, 08:33 PM
Finally have time to post impressions after being blocked at work and having to coach my son's t-ball team tonight (most frustrating night of the year btw). Anyway, here are my impressions from last night and I'm off to play some more.

I’ve played almost 3 games now with seven minute quarters and I’m enjoying it. I wasn’t blown away at first but I think I’ve grown to like it more as I continue to play it. I still feel that after three games it’s still way too early to judge how the game will play but I think this will be a good game. It's easily the best PS3 game but the jury is out if it will have the fun factor of NCAA 06 to me. Need to play some more

Gameplay – I think the highlight of the game is the running game. Reading blocks, breaking tackles and the added momentum really makes this the best part of the game. Surprisingly I prefer the slow speed. I think locomotion could be heavier but I’m largely fine with it.

The pass rush does seem weak for the human, even with the DL set to aggressive all game. There seems to be no penalty for an aggressive DL vs. the cpu so you might as well set it there. I haven’t played with a great pass rushing team yet so I can’t tell if it needs to be boosted. I am worried that a great pass rush will result in too many pick 6’s on All American. The cpu passing game needs a little help at default and the cpu running game needs a lot of help on default imo.

I do like the passes missing the targets and you don’t have to lead receivers deep anymore. The targeting system is good. I’ve also seen receivers have to stretch out and dive to catch balls (have a nice deep one on EA sportsworld) both across the middle and deep. No automatic YAC.

The DBs in the game have really bad hands which helps limit the INTs. I do notice that DBs mirror the WR routes at times and you better not force that pass. It doesn’t happen all the time and I don’t have a big problem with it as you can usually tell early on that the DB will have the edge and you better not throw it there.

The cpu kickers still have overly strong legs but do miss quite often. I wish the game would default to the FG Block play if using the play suggestions on FGs/XPs. It would be simpler in obvious situations.

Overall I’m happy with the game. I need to play more to determine just how happy I will be.

Fluff – I think the graphics are good. I’m not blown away by them but all three games were at dusk due to playing last night. I know the graphics tend to stand out more in day games (especially true for the baseball games) but either way they are fine. The presentation would be a lot better with more stat pop-ups. I think the crowd sounds are good – way better than NCAA 10. I do miss Corso a bit. Not sure why he was removed. Every injury needs to be announced as well.

One thing I find very annoying – the replays are cut off at the beginning if they are long! I have a PS3 – we all have hard drives. Why was this necessary? I had a great run with John Clay where I broke a ton of tackles and all I see is his sprint into the endzone. All the good stuff was cut out. The camera seems to pan more than the demo but I still like it a lot more than NCAA 10. Extra camera angles along with in game saves would be great next year EA! There is still some lag in the menus and scrolling for the PS3. I wish that was eliminated entirely. I’d still like sliders for fatigue, injuries and fumbles although all three do seem pretty good on default.

Kicking game – I did some testing in this area. You really need to drop your angle on FGs to kick long ones but I think they really got the strength of the user kicker’s leg right. The cpu kicking game is too strong though. Users are too accurate but cpu kickers are not.

Cpu punters have a fair leg while users out kick a cpu punter by roughly 5 yards so that needs to be toned down imo. The problem is the user punt length slider doesn’t work well. 10 points = 1 yard so I dropped user punt length down to 0. I now kick the same length as the cpu punter.

Kicking Sliders I’d recommend.
SP TEAMS HUM CPU
FG LENGTH 50 35
FG ACCURACY 25 50
PUNT LENGTH 0 50

Game Notes – I was tweaking sliders after each game, sometimes at half time to test some things out.

Game 1 – Notre Dame & Michigan (me). I got the custom stadium sounds in and beat Notre Dame 24-10! Can’t say I outplayed them as they had 18 first downs to my 11. Notre Dame turned the ball over four times and I scored two TDs directly off of them. I intercepted an option pitch for a TD and had a pick 6. I struggled to run Michigan’s offense but Craig Roh did have 7 tackles including 2 sacks. ND’s QB was 21-42-239-0 TD-2 INT. Forcier 8-16-82-0 TD-1 INT. Shaw led all RBs with 20 carries for 76 yards.

Game 2 – Wisconsin (me) @ Iowa. I destroyed them 66-10 including a time expiring TD as Kirk scolded me. John Clay was a beast as he rushed 24-264 yards and 4 TDs. I totalled 32-345-6 TDs on the ground. I also threw 11-15-209 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INT. Iowa just seemed to lay down in the second half. Progressive fatigue? I upped the cpu run defense after this game as I shouldn’t shred them like that. Clay had well over 100 yards after contact – loved it. Iowa’s QB was 8-25-82 yards, 0 TD, 2 INTs. His receivers dropped 5 balls! It’s the only time I’ve seen too many drops but that’s life right? Iowa did rush 22-89 yards and 1 TD. I only got one sack but did pressure the Iowa QB into some bad throws.

Game 3 – Penn State (me) @ Alabama. After a final slider tweak I wanted to see how well I would do against Bama. Too bad I crapped the bed early on. I made a terrible decision on a late pitch they picked off and took to the house on the first play of the game. I threw a pick on my next possession as well to go down 14-0 early and 24-0 in the first half. I did get back to 24-14 but was losing 38-14 at the end of the third and shut the game off. It was midnight, I was tired and I wasn’t coming back. Ingram broke a bunch of tackles and was 18-173-3 TDs. Royster only rushed 14-28, 1 TD for me. I was 8-20 passing, 132 yards, 1 TD and 3 INTs. McElroy was 10-15, 107 yards, 1 TD, 0 INTs and no sacks. Bama still punted three times through three quarters.

mundo
07-14-2010, 08:46 PM
Ingram broke a bunch of tackles and was 18-173-3 TDs.

you mind sharing us with what you had your sliders on? i have not had much success with making it work

CLW
07-14-2010, 09:30 PM
something SCREWY is going on with the game and PSN. it locks up on me at random points and is SLOW when I hit the PS button to send a text message.

gschwendt
07-14-2010, 10:11 PM
something SCREWY is going on with the game and PSN. it locks up on me at random points and is SLOW when I hit the PS button to send a text message.I'm fairly certain that in order to get the lighting, ball spin, or some other reason,t hey had to dedicate more RAM resources to the game and that ended up making XMB access REALLY slow. Very annoying but not likely to be fixed anytime soon.

Jayrah
07-14-2010, 10:12 PM
There's a lot of things to say but to me all that matters is...is it fun? I'm having a blast!! I do wish AA was a little tougher. I'm 5-1 after six games and was hoping for more losses. I've always been reluctant to play on Heisman b/c it never felt fair. Anyone have any thoughts on how heisman plays vs AA?

Take a look at some RB and Run block sliders. Could make all the difference on AA. That's what I'm looking at. Tuned the RB ability to 60 and Run Block to 55 for cpu. Holy Cow. The RB just made a SICK juke move to take it to the house! Gonna have to break down :))
In the demo Heisman wasn't cheap like it was in past games. Just a lot more awareness and by the cpu. Don't know about retail though.

ebarws6
07-14-2010, 10:35 PM
Does anybody remember last year if they said they can patch problems with dynasty scheduling? Stanford and USC in real life this year are secheduled to play at Stanford Stadium, but for dynasties, they have the game down at the Coliseum. Since it is a conference game, it's locked, and I can do crap about it? Am I SOL?

irishfbfan1
07-14-2010, 11:50 PM
Im loving this damn game! I like it on SLOW, love it, can really appreciate all the animations, feels more natural unlike last year when all of them were running around like they were jacked up on coke and red bull, and I mean the white coke lol! Defense is a lot better than the demo, still need some shaping up, but it is looking good for sue. Be prepared to see much man coverage as time goes by, it is very very tight, man coverage that is.

JeffHCross
07-15-2010, 12:28 AM
Finally have time to post impressions after being blocked at work and having to coach my son's t-ball team tonight (most frustrating night of the year btw).My game is still wrapped. Talk about frustrating.

SmoothPancakes
07-15-2010, 01:45 AM
Anybody else been noticing something about Washington in their dynasties? I'm just playing through some random dynasties (in between pre-writing posts for my Navy dynasty) while waiting for named rosters before I start my single player Navy OD, and in three different dynasties, Washington has come out of the blue.

Dynasty 1 - 12-1 (lost in NC game)
Dyansty 2 - 6-0 before losing, ended 11-2 (won Rose Bowl over Penn State)
Dynasty 3 - 12-1 (lost Rose Bowl to Ohio State)

I know Washington is a fairly good team this year, but 12-1, 11-2, 12-1 in three separate dynasties, including playing for the national championship? Apparently I missed a memo somewhere.

Rudy
07-15-2010, 05:18 AM
you mind sharing us with what you had your sliders on? i have not had much success with making it work

I'm getting close to some decent sliders for myself. No clue if they work for others but I play on AA. To boost the cpu running game I increase the cpu RBA to 60 and their run block to 80. It's pretty good right now (I keep human tackling and run defense at default 50). I think the cpu passing game needs a boost too. I drop pass coverage to 35 to loosen it up for them.

Rudy
07-15-2010, 05:23 AM
I think the running game is done very well this year. I think the game balances the inside vs outside nicely. I was struggling with Christine Michael (Texas A & M) against OU but then I busted out with a 42 yard TD run as I turned the corner on a sweep. Finished with 18 carries for 103 yards after running for 2.7 ypc most of the night. DeMarco Murray had a nice day as he went 19 carries for 145 yards and 4 TDs. I blew a tackle on a longer TD run though.

I think there are too many hot potato moments on tipped balls. Sometimes a tipped ball stays in the air too long. I actually got a catch out of one last night but I think that stuff happens a little too much. Debatable I guess.

The cpu still covers the ball too much. Watch Murray pretty much go untouched to the house against me. He covers it up almost the whole time which unnecessarily slows him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zc8Gl1jYOE

Here's a video from Ingram busting out of some tackles against me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UewbYAhjsxw

Rudy
07-15-2010, 05:25 AM
I had a lot of fun in my two games last night. Beat VT with Miami at home 24-16. Turned the ball over too much with Texas A & M @ Oklahoma and lost 35-28. No greatest game score as far as I know. This game is turning out to be really good. AA has to get a little harder, that's what she said, but once you get the game to where you want I'm really enjoying it.

Deuce
07-15-2010, 09:19 AM
Take a look at some RB and Run block sliders. Could make all the difference on AA. That's what I'm looking at. Tuned the RB ability to 60 and Run Block to 55 for cpu. Holy Cow. The RB just made a SICK juke move to take it to the house! Gonna have to break down :))
In the demo Heisman wasn't cheap like it was in past games. Just a lot more awareness and by the cpu. Don't know about retail though.

Cool...I'll try adjusting the running sliders. That really seems to be the only issue on AA. I ended up going 8-5. I'm think this season will actually be tougher. I just added 20 freshmen and the highest rated player is 54 OVR!

jschwa17
07-15-2010, 09:40 AM
I am doing a Navy dynasty as well I am undefeated going into the army gam ranked 21st. I have had close games with ND, SMU and Maryland, but pulled them all out. But in my dynasty Washington is ranked #1 undefeated! Weird

SmoothPancakes
07-15-2010, 10:14 AM
I am doing a Navy dynasty as well I am undefeated going into the army gam ranked 21st. I have had close games with ND, SMU and Maryland, but pulled them all out. But in my dynasty Washington is ranked #1 undefeated! Weird

So it's not just me then. :D Well then, I guess Washington is the uber-sleeper team this year that always comes completely out of the blue to dominate the first or second season.

Coachdenz
07-15-2010, 09:37 PM
more thoughts

I really like this game BUT, in all my games the CPU is just not very good on AA level.
I just played a game where all I did was call plays and neither team ran the football very good, to many times the Rb will break a run then dart back to the middle of the field where defenders are. Also they would lower there shoulder at times when they should be sprinting.
I have yet had the computer score more than 7 points on me, and in the above game they had zero. I know this could all change if I switched to heisman, but I just don't play on that level.

on a good note OL blocking is nice!

souljahbill
07-15-2010, 09:40 PM
more thoughts

I really like this game BUT, in all my games the CPU is just not very good on AA level.
I just played a game where all I did was call plays and neither team ran the football very good, to many times the Rb will break a run then dart back to the middle of the field where defenders are. Also they would lower there shoulder at times when they should be sprinting.
I have yet had the computer score more than 7 points on me, and in the above game they had zero. I know this could all change if I switched to heisman, but I just don't play on that level.

on a good note OL blocking is nice!

Are you using Alabama?

jaymo76
07-15-2010, 11:16 PM
Wow! It finally happened.... INJURIES have claimed my three starting RB's. One out for the season and two for 4-5 weeks. All I have left are red shirts. This will be a challenge down the stretch.

Tarhead10
07-15-2010, 11:34 PM
Pretty neat injury animation..... I was playing as Miami OH vs Indiana and my MLB got injuried, they showed the trainers come out and talk to him but they went away and a golf cart came out and picked him up... He then rode off the field in the back and waved to the crowd!!! Pretty cool....:)

morsdraconis
07-15-2010, 11:45 PM
Am I the only one experiencing issues with stopping the Toss plays against Human players that actually know what they are doing?

Me using the 3-4 defense, it seems like the only way to stop a toss play with a dual TE alignment is the crash down with the safety or hope your CB breaks the block and actually is aware enough to get to the runner.

I just got torched by a human player (legitimately) by him using well timed toss plays to rack up ~150 yards or so on the ground. We were testing out our teams that we're going to use in a TF Build 'em up dynasty. I was Idaho and he was UNLV. Granted, there was a good bit of lag and my stick skills are pretty awful and the lag just accentuated that fact, but man, it was pretty frustrating....

Kingpin32
07-16-2010, 12:02 AM
I really gotta stop using the hit stick to tackle. It's killing me cause if I use a weak defense, they'll just bounce of the ball carrier.

I OU a Beatn
07-16-2010, 08:24 AM
I've already given up 2 or 3 long touchdown runs simply because I whiffed a hit stick. I'm so used to them sucking into the RB when you try it that I suck at aiming now. Of course, I was playing a guy yesterday who hit stick just about every play and I DID get sucked into his defender, so who knows. I do know I'm apparently incapable of doing it.

I've had some trouble with toss plays as well. You almost have to loop the defensive line in the direction you think they're going to toss it, and then commit that way as well. When I was playing the demo, I kind of figured they would eventually become a problem.

Rudy
07-16-2010, 08:41 AM
While I think the running game is pretty balanced between running inside and outside, I do think this game favours the bigger back and I like it. I need to play more cpu spread teams and see how they operate. Just played WVU with Pitt and Devine didn't do much although Pitt has a good DL. I also want to see a good pro style passing team by the cpu. I think I'm going to take Washington against Stanford to see how Luck does knowing the Wash defense stinks. I also want to play against Arkansas as I want to see how cpu Mallett looks.

Soon I will play the civil war as I hope to see Oregon run their spread against me. Anybody have experience playing against Oregon, Michigan or WVU and have them tear you up?

gschwendt
07-16-2010, 08:46 AM
While I think the running game is pretty balanced between running inside and outside, I do think this game favours the bigger back and I like it.
Personally, as far as me controlling them, I prefer a speedy HB with high AGI & JKM. Using USC, I put in Gable and you can weave in & out of traffic quite easily... it honestly almost feels like NCAA10 player movement while everyone else is stuck in NCAA11.

Rudy
07-16-2010, 08:48 AM
Have you used John Clay yet? The guy is a beast! I'm going to play the Civil war soon and see how effective I am with the Quiz.

Coachdenz
07-16-2010, 08:50 AM
Are you using Alabama?

only in 2 games, 1st against Auburn (I always play that game 1st) then against Ohio State.

gschwendt
07-16-2010, 08:54 AM
Have you used John Clay yet? The guy is a beast! I'm going to play the Civil war soon and see how effective I am with the Quiz.
Yeah, and honestly even with Wisconsin, I find myself running a lot with Montee Ball. It all depends on what type of running I'm looking to do whether it's inside the tackles or looking to bounce it outside. As for Oregon State, I love the Rogers brothers... either one with the ball in their hands can dip & dive around tacklers.

One tip about AGI runners, use a lot of the left stick... don't mess as much with the right stick unless you need to cut back. But if you're just wanting to avoid a tackler who is coming straight at you, just veer a little off course with the left stick and run right past them.

Rudy
07-16-2010, 09:14 AM
I'm going to have to try that with the quick guys. I've always leaned heavily on the juke move and I'll try to use the stick more when I play with Oregon St. But first I think I'm going to take Washington to Arkansas this afternoon and see how the passing attack fares. I'm off today although I have some things to do.

starter
07-16-2010, 09:34 AM
I thought I was alone in this thinking. I've been using USC and Gable is an absolute beast. The the quick juke and he does feel like NCAA10. He has some power to finish runs also. I haven't perfected the shoulder lean yet, but I did time it right and CJ slipped right past the safety. He is my model HB for now.

AustinWolv
07-16-2010, 10:04 AM
Anybody have experience playing against Oregon, Michigan or WVU and have them tear you up?
Yes, played against Michigan and the CPU was shredding me; CPU was running no-huddle, and gashing me on runs and passing. I ended up losing by 1 if I recall it, but there were some drives where they would get momentum and it was 5 yards minimum every play......could never them 'behind' the chains when they got hot.

mundo
07-16-2010, 10:11 AM
Yes, played against Michigan and the CPU was shredding me; CPU was running no-huddle, and gashing me on runs and passing. I ended up losing by 1 if I recall it, but there were some drives where they would get momentum and it was 5 yards minimum every play......could never them 'behind' the chains when they got hot.

what skill level?

AustinWolv
07-16-2010, 10:16 AM
Heisman.
Game2 here (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?512-Community-Sliders-Balanced-(Heisman)&p=12171&viewfull=1#post12171).

mundo
07-16-2010, 10:31 AM
Thanks. I have had similar experiences against good teams on Heisman as well, especially when they go no huddle. I have not, however, tried to play as a good team against a bad team on Heisman to see if their QB turns into the second coming of Dan Marino with shades of Joe Hamilton. That seems to be the way of it in past versions.

jaymo76
07-16-2010, 12:04 PM
While I think the running game is pretty balanced between running inside and outside, I do think this game favours the bigger back and I like it. I need to play more cpu spread teams and see how they operate. Just played WVU with Pitt and Devine didn't do much although Pitt has a good DL. I also want to see a good pro style passing team by the cpu. I think I'm going to take Washington against Stanford to see how Luck does knowing the Wash defense stinks. I also want to play against Arkansas as I want to see how cpu Mallett looks.

Soon I will play the civil war as I hope to see Oregon run their spread against me. Anybody have experience playing against Oregon, Michigan or WVU and have them tear you up?

Played Oregon at home and they had a 1.7 ypc avg. They could not run the option at all and inside plays were stuffed by my D. However, that was before my slider tweaks. With the changes I made last night USC and Stanford have lit me up via running (60 RB ability, 80 rb blocking, 35 hum rund D). I have found these sliders work incredibly well now.

morsdraconis
07-16-2010, 12:13 PM
Played Oregon at home and they had a 1.7 ypc avg. They could not run the option at all and inside plays were stuffed by my D. However, that was before my slider tweaks. With the changes I made last night USC and Stanford have lit me up via running (60 RB ability, 80 rb blocking, 35 hum rund D). I have found these sliders work incredibly well now.

I've used those exact settings WVU vs WVU and they still can't do anything against me.

I need to test it out again not using the 3-3-5 defense, but it was pretty disheartening to see them run the ball so poorly...

Cipher 8
07-16-2010, 05:11 PM
Personally, as far as me controlling them, I prefer a speedy HB with high AGI & JKM. Using USC, I put in Gable and you can weave in & out of traffic quite easily... it honestly almost feels like NCAA10 player movement while everyone else is stuck in NCAA11.
I thought I was alone in this thinking. I've been using USC and Gable is an absolute beast. The the quick juke and he does feel like NCAA10. He has some power to finish runs also. I haven't perfected the shoulder lean yet, but I did time it right and CJ slipped right past the safety. He is my model HB for now.
Hmmm. I went and tried USC vs Oregon State and played both sides to try Gable and Quizz but I found Gable slacking. Maybe they do better on Heisman if they slow the defense down on that high difficulty but on AA I couldn't get around the edge and I'm usually rushing for over 100 yards a game with other teams (power backs) I did like Quizz but I think I prefer power backs with good break tackle stats. I'm not the best at juking or spinning but stiff arm and trucking and just regular break tackle gets me by.

Cipher 8
07-16-2010, 05:27 PM
WOW so i went into practice with USC to try Gable out. I switched it to offense only so I could really just use the right stick and test his moves out, see how he juked compared to their WR and other players. Starter said his quick juke was good. Well he does juke a little bit quicker but I think that's just because he has higher agility. Really it's the same juke as everyone else though. If you have high agility it's more quick though I think.

Anyways after messing around on the right stick I think the spin move you do via the right stick is different then the one you do by pressing B. Is that right?

Also I was doing juke, spin, juke, juke etc and all the sudden my guy got stuck in place. I could spin him around 360 and his head would turn but everything else was like he was stuck in a juke, sorta looked like the heisman pose. I tried to change practice type and respot the ball but nothing worked. I had to quit and go back to main menu. Anyone else have this happen to them in practice?

ram29jackson
07-16-2010, 06:10 PM
Thought this vid was appropriate for impressions. this is a cool drop ball animation- but my question is- is it canned or player ratings that cause it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YogsJDB-mJE

Rudy
07-16-2010, 09:55 PM
Played a couple good games tonight. Lost to Arkansas with Washington 28-12. Just couldn't convert plays when I needed to with Locker. The I won the Civil War with Oregon St as J.Rodgers had just over 200 yards rushing against Oregon. I had a couple really nice runs by cutting back up the middle. Beat them 21-20 as their kicker went 2-4.

ram29jackson
07-17-2010, 01:09 AM
A LITTLE CHEESEY -

you can get PSN trophies in NCAA 11 games by just simming through them.

i'm just starting a bunch of games, seeing as many teams/playbooks/stadiums /entrances as I can.

so I start a game of BYU at Buffalo. i'm BYU - I play a little and than supersim to end.

at the end of game, I get a trophy called-mix it up- get 100 or more yards rushing with a team that uses an air raid offense...hahaha the funny thing is, right before I simmed, i had about a 60 yard TD run haha

ram29jackson
07-17-2010, 02:30 AM
some the distant video during game replays after in game plays ( I mean what the game shows, not when you go to pause screen to look ) in Cincinnati are blurry. I havent seen that anywhere else yet-

also the shot/camera above stadium when game is over, was blurry

AustinWolv
07-17-2010, 08:01 AM
I had blurry camera occur last night during a game. Not sure what that was about.

gschwendt
07-17-2010, 08:03 AM
I had blurry camera occur last night during a game. Not sure what that was about.
Yeah... I've seen that myself a handful of times, although lately I don't believe I've seen it at all.

Deuce
07-17-2010, 08:22 AM
OK...I'm now 4-1 in season 3 of my cupcake dynasty (on AA). I'm really hoping I can get to six wins. After two seasons of recruiting my team has gotten worse. I've graduated 35-38 players over the last two years. The first year I recruited mostly 1* and a few 2*'s. Second year mostly 2*'s with a few 3*'s. Now 40 or so of my players are rated anywhere from 45-55.

My first 3 games were against bad teams and they were very close wins. My first conf. game I got blew out but won the second game in dbl overtime. The rest of my conf. schedule is tough. I really hope the rest of my games are a struggle. This could be the first time in my NCAA gaming life that I take a step back in my dynasty. Very exciting!

xMrHitStickx904
07-17-2010, 08:24 AM
All I need right now is a patch to fix these things:

1. The freezing in the lobbies, quick match etc.

2. The random disconnects. (Server problems , I know. )

3. Getting a WIN when a person quits in the second quarter.

4. The pushout animation needs to be tuned.

5. Really optional, but i wish more presentation and online weather was in Online games, since it's so well done in Online Dynasty games.

I OU a Beatn
07-17-2010, 08:29 AM
Night games would be nice, too.

Coachdenz
07-17-2010, 10:15 AM
I played last night against Boise State and used Colorado, it was a great game and I lost my 1st game against the computer 20-17. So this morning I played against Alabama hoping to have another great game, so I picked Houston. I won 34-21 and threw for 434 yards.
My question is, For the people playing in heisman how do you feel the game plays? I'm playing on AA with the default sliders and feel the computer just doesnt make the plays. It seems like the QB will wait to long to throw a pass or something, maybe they wait on the routes to long.
Many times they throw a deep ball way to late and it makes for a easy pick.

Should I try to adjust sliders on AA or go heisman? Don't get me wrong I like the game this year, but it's going to get stale really quick if I don't make adjustments to the game.

Rudy
07-17-2010, 11:15 AM
Should I try to adjust sliders on AA or go heisman? Don't get me wrong I like the game this year, but it's going to get stale really quick if I don't make adjustments to the game.

I say play a default game on Heisman - use Houston against Bama again and see which game feels more realistic to you. If Heisman feels better then stay there and potentially tweak the sliders to make it easier for you. If it's crazy hard for you then stay on AA and tweak that to make it harder.

AustinWolv
07-17-2010, 11:54 AM
For the people playing in heisman how do you feel the game plays? I'm playing on AA with the default sliders and feel the computer just doesnt make the plays. It seems like the QB will wait to long to throw a pass or something, maybe they wait on the routes to long.
My impressions:
I've been playing all my games on Heisman, except for 1 on AA. AA felt too easy, in that the CPU was 'dumb' and slower to adjust than on Heisman. On Heisman, if they find something to pick on you with or you keep blitzing hard on 3rd down for example, they'll kill you with a screen.
Some aspects of Heisman feel overpowered, but the AI seems good and aggressive, while some things on AA feel underpowered but the AI is lacking.
Nothing scientific, that is based on game feel.
For me, it makes more sense for the AI to be downright nasty and aggressive and be able to tone down the inflated ratings boost that Heisman level gives rather than try to boost up a dumber-playing AI on AA.

{shrug}

Honestly, I haven't played enough AA to have solid facts or experiment results.

Rudy
07-17-2010, 07:08 PM
I'm not sure the sliders work very well this year. They don't seem to be very sensitive. I've raised the cpu run defense up to 80 now and I just rushed Helu Jr. 19 times for 146 yards against Texas. I keep raising it but I don't see a lot of difference. That said, I had my worst passing performance ever. Zac Lee got hurt and Green came in and threw 7 picks! I benched him for Martinez who threw another! 8 INTs! Three were as I was throwing and one of those ended up a pick 6. But 5 were just regular picks. On a couple deep balls I don't mind it but I also forced some short stuff. Just one of those games where you seem unlucky with every bad decision. I actually forced Texas to punt 6 times but lost 20-10 in Lincoln. Sorry Husker fans.

I do like the pressure Heisman puts on you. You have to bring your A game every time. I might give that a shot once just for the heck of it.

Rudy
07-18-2010, 05:21 AM
How do people feel about play action? I find it hard to execute this year. I think the pass blocking on PA may be related to run blocking (which I have toned down) because I seem to get sacked way too quickly on it.

Rudy
07-18-2010, 07:29 AM
Had the game freeze on my right after I finished a game while looking at stats. Usually the game tries to load stats to Season Showdown and it fails. This time it kept trying and froze. Anyway I can just shut Season Showdown right off? I don't care 1% about that feature.

One issue I'm seeing on AA is long runs. I've been able to break quite a few of them, which I find a lot of fun, but the cpu doesn't seem to be able to. I can boost their run blocking to develop a good, consistent push and ground game but they still don't seem to bust out for long TD runs. It might be because they still cover the ball too much in the open field rather than try to turbo to the endzone. Not sure.

mundo
07-18-2010, 10:47 AM
It might be because they still cover the ball too much in the open field rather than try to turbo to the endzone

I feel like this is the main issue on that. But I have finally experienced the cpu running on my teambuilder team.

Thurgoodz
07-18-2010, 01:40 PM
For the people playing in heisman how do you feel the game plays?

In my dynasty as Nebraska the smaller schools kept it close in the first quarter, but then I would wear them out and win by about 30. The bigger schools would keep it close the whole game and I usually only won by five. The game I lost was a rivalry game against Mizzou and it just seemed different. Their were more big hits and the CPU seemed like it was playing a lot better.

mundo
07-18-2010, 05:22 PM
So after playing my teambuilder dynasty team (that has North texas roster) as the early season warmup for the powerhouses of Nebraska, Kentucky and Indiana in AA(ok so 1 powerhouse and 2 pretty marginal teams), I have a completely different sense of the challenge (and hours of complete blast) of building up a program from the bottom in this game. I had my ass firmly handed to me in every form imaginable... running.. passing.. zero time to throw... run completely stuffed..etc. I tried to start with the pistol but do not have the personnel at all (just don't have the blocking to run much) so I switched to a "spread" playbook. The passing playbook helped but really didn't solve anything. If I pass and the first or second read isn't there I am hosed and the run game is all about catching them just right. Also it seems like they really start to lock down in the middle of the field, so sustaining drives is very hard. I am beginning to believe that he talent level and sliders will depend on the talent I have. As to recruiting, I am enjoying it quite a bit. It seems so much more succinct and adds some strategy.

I am looking forward to some serious hours lost in NCAA11 world.

souljahbill
07-18-2010, 10:12 PM
So after playing my teambuilder dynasty team (that has North texas roster) as the early season warmup for the powerhouses of Nebraska, Kentucky and Indiana in AA(ok so 1 powerhouse and 2 pretty marginal teams), I have a completely different sense of the challenge (and hours of complete blast) of building up a program from the bottom in this game. I had my ass firmly handed to me in every form imaginable... running.. passing.. zero time to throw... run completely stuffed..etc. I tried to start with the pistol but do not have the personnel at all (just don't have the blocking to run much) so I switched to a "spread" playbook. The passing playbook helped but really didn't solve anything. If I pass and the first or second read isn't there I am hosed and the run game is all about catching them just right. Also it seems like they really start to lock down in the middle of the field, so sustaining drives is very hard. I am beginning to believe that he talent level and sliders will depend on the talent I have. As to recruiting, I am enjoying it quite a bit. It seems so much more succinct and adds some strategy.

I am looking forward to some serious hours lost in NCAA11 world.

This pretty much sums up my day except substitute North Texas with Ball St. and substitute Nebraska, Kentucky, and Indiana with Standford, Cal, Washington St., and Oregon St. It wasn't a question of if I was going to lose but how much was I going to lose by. Ball St. has the worst QB of all time. There isn't a bad throw that he can't do. Overthrows. Underthrows. To far in front. To far behind. If by some miracle it reaches the receiver, they drop it. Today was easily the most frustrating day I've EVER had playing an NCAA game. The dude is so bad, I struggled to beat FCS West (the clown threw 3 horribly inaccurate passes that ended up being picked off). If anyone complains about QB's being too accurate, tell them to play with Ball State (or a TB team using their roster like me). Outside of #33, the team sucks. They suck hard. The QB sucks the hardest.

Cipher 8
07-18-2010, 10:47 PM
In my Online Dynasty with Michigan I had a lot of good recruits coming to visit on week 6 when I faced Rival Michigan State. One of those recruits was the #1 prospect in the nation from Texas. An offensive tackle. I was like -200 and in 4th place on his interest board. I was behind hometown Texas Longhorns, Oklahoma Sooners, and LSU. All schools that were closer to him then Michigan. They all had their interest bars green where mine was still yellow but I was close to going green.

So I spent 60 minutes on him every week and got anywhere from 150-400 points... When Week 6 came I spent 60 minutes on him again despite the circumstances looking bleak because Texas's bar was almost full and I wasn't even green yet. I just worked my way around the topics getting 60-100 each because he was in a pipeline state of mine. So I ended with like +400 on the call and then I set up his three things for the visit that week. I went and played the game, I creamed Michigan State 35-17, and then I exited and readied up.

The commish advances the dynasty and come to find out... I not only jump from 4th to 1st ahead of Texas, but he immediately Hard Commits to me. :D It was rated an A+ visit...

I was so happy because I was the first he visited and I was worried that their late season visits would push them over the top if I did just leap Texas to 1st after week 6...

So the summary of the story is even though it seems impossible to get someone don't give up hope. Stranger things have happened! Point and case

ram29jackson
07-18-2010, 11:33 PM
This pretty much sums up my day except substitute North Texas with Ball St. and substitute Nebraska, Kentucky, and Indiana with Standford, Cal, Washington St., and Oregon St. It wasn't a question of if I was going to lose but how much was I going to lose by. Ball St. has the worst QB of all time. There isn't a bad throw that he can't do. Overthrows. Underthrows. To far in front. To far behind. If by some miracle it reaches the receiver, they drop it. Today was easily the most frustrating day I've EVER had playing an NCAA game. The dude is so bad, I struggled to beat FCS West (the clown threw 3 horribly inaccurate passes that ended up being picked off). If anyone complains about QB's being too accurate, tell them to play with Ball State (or a TB team using their roster like me). Outside of #33, the team sucks. They suck hard. The QB sucks the hardest.

used FIU against FSU last night . the FIU QB would hit open guys and thet dropped almost all of them.

put AI kicking to 45 and the Memphis kicker missed 2 extra points in a row haha

rhombic21
07-19-2010, 06:58 AM
My basic impressions are that man coverage is ridiculous and completely unrealistic, that zones are still messed up, and that run defense (especially against under center sets) is terrible.

Dudes come out and run Maryland I Toss all game, or line up in some kind of unbalanced set and run stretch plays over and over, and there's nothing you can do that works all that well to shut it down.

Thurgoodz
07-19-2010, 10:53 AM
My basic impressions are that man coverage is ridiculous and completely unrealistic, that zones are still messed up, and that run defense (especially against under center sets) is terrible.

Dudes come out and run Maryland I Toss all game, or line up in some kind of unbalanced set and run stretch plays over and over, and there's nothing you can do that works all that well to shut it down.

I've had that happen a lot too, but then I just do a 4-4 and blitz the linebackers and it usually stops them.

ram29jackson
07-19-2010, 01:47 PM

may it be possible that - gameplanning- the degree of the zone may matter ? when playing All American level against AI you get people open. So why should AA online be any different?

jaymo76
07-19-2010, 06:08 PM
Yeah ZONE D for this game leaves a lot to be desired. Every 3rd down I pretty much have to be in man up or else the cpu QB will automatically convert, even if it's a long gain. I have messed with the gameplanning but it doesn't seem to do much.

ram29jackson
07-19-2010, 06:17 PM
I just tapped the button trying to throw a touch-lob over defenders to receiver crossing ,maybe 10 yrds up field. I know its been talked about endlessly, but heres photo-evidence haha

its a DE, not even a linebacker haha and thats pretty high

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt82/ram29jackson/IN%20GAME%20NCAA%2011/SUPERDE.jpg

ram29jackson
07-19-2010, 06:22 PM
the AI threw a TD pass against me.
But the AI wanted to review it to see if his feet were in.
his feet were in and the AI got it right-

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt82/ram29jackson/IN%20GAME%20NCAA%2011/ToesENDZONE.jpg

souljahbill
07-19-2010, 09:46 PM
Yeah ZONE D for this game leaves a lot to be desired. Every 3rd down I pretty much have to be in man up or else the cpu QB will automatically convert, even if it's a long gain. I have messed with the gameplanning but it doesn't seem to do much.

Glad I'm not the only one. If it's 3rd and 13, the computer is gonna find a way to get 14 yards. I wish my receivers could get as open as the computer's or I'd like my pass rush to be as ruthless as the computer's or I'd love to be able to throw the ball away at the last millisecond like the computer, preventing a sack.

Rudy
07-20-2010, 05:38 AM
I must say that as a player whose not great at passing, zones have always given me a hard time. Man to man is usually easy because you get single coverage many times and the timing isn't that important. Throwing through zones requires good reads and good timing making it much harder in a video game. So if zones are inherently easier to throw against this year you won't hear me complaining. Honestly, I hadn't even noticed this that much after playing. If they do tune this aspect I hope they don't go overboard or do it through they yet to be officially announced tuning sets where I can decide if I want to use them or not.

For now I'd like to injuries toned down a bit and probably fumbles but I don't have a whole lot that needs fixing for me with the sliders I'm using right now. Play action passes do need to be improved. The pass rush is insane. Normally when you fake a run the DL don't continue upfield to try and destroy the QB.

JBHuskers
07-20-2010, 09:26 AM

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt82/ram29jackson/IN%20GAME%20NCAA%2011/ToesENDZONE.jpg

Nice pic there.

Cipher 8
07-20-2010, 10:40 AM
I must say that as a player whose not great at passing, zones have always given me a hard time. Man to man is usually easy because you get single coverage many times and the timing isn't that important. Throwing through zones requires good reads and good timing making it much harder in a video game. So if zones are inherently easier to throw against this year you won't hear me complaining. Honestly, I hadn't even noticed this that much after playing. If they do tune this aspect I hope they don't go overboard or do it through they yet to be officially announced tuning sets where I can decide if I want to use them or not.

For now I'd like to injuries toned down a bit and probably fumbles but I don't have a whole lot that needs fixing for me with the sliders I'm using right now. Play action passes do need to be improved. The pass rush is insane. Normally when you fake a run the DL don't continue upfield to try and destroy the QB.

I normally run good zones because I take a base play then go to one of my linebackers and change his assignment to a certain zone coverage based on if the extra receiver is to the left or right. Anyways... the last two games I've been torn to shreds when running zone but shut em down when doing simple man coverage plays, that I'll be honest I suck at. Guess it's got a nice balance to it. I now run 60-40 zone and if they are starting to move the ball on me I'll adjust to what they have excelled at. Zone blitzes still work better though.

HuskerBlitz
07-20-2010, 01:12 PM

I say he's on the white. ;)

HuskerBlitz
07-20-2010, 02:30 PM
What a difference a few weeks seems to make. Earlier in my season I was dominated by Oklahoma. I was held to 148 yards on offense and they had 390 in a 29-14 loss where turnovers led to my only scores.

Fast forward to the Big 12 title game and the reverse happens. I had 407 yards to their 158 yards in a 31-6 win.

Same basic slider set, no major injuries to skew results, totally different outcome.

ram29jackson
07-20-2010, 02:38 PM
I say he's on the white. ;)

the interesting thing is, in game,when taking the picture- you pan in closer and there is more red there, but picture gets blurry.

ps 3 - can someone explain how the triangle and square button work in relation to the D-pad buttons as far as taking a far shot that looks better or close shot ? I know how the buttons work,i'm asking for more insight though.

Rudy
07-20-2010, 06:42 PM
One last thing about the PS3 replays. I think there is something besides RAM that is an issue. Some of my highlights are 14 seconds long while other long ones cut off at 6 seconds. I think it's screwing up the cutoff calculation sometimes.

jaymo76
07-20-2010, 08:14 PM
I normally run good zones because I take a base play then go to one of my linebackers and change his assignment to a certain zone coverage based on if the extra receiver is to the left or right. Anyways... the last two games I've been torn to shreds when running zone but shut em down when doing simple man coverage plays, that I'll be honest I suck at. Guess it's got a nice balance to it. I now run 60-40 zone and if they are starting to move the ball on me I'll adjust to what they have excelled at. Zone blitzes still work better though.

Adjusting QB contain to aggressive in the game planing seems to help with ZONE D. It's not great but I think the developers have tried to make game planning more strategic and therfore important IMO.

ram29jackson
07-20-2010, 08:22 PM
Adjusting QB contain to aggressive in the game planing seems to help with ZONE D. It's not great but I think the developers have tried to make game planning more strategic and therfore important IMO.

QB contain and zone pass defense are 2 totally different things. Thats not stategy, thats misplaced game logic.

Cipher 8
07-20-2010, 10:52 PM
QB contain and zone pass defense are 2 totally different things. Thats not stategy, thats misplaced game logic.
I think he means conservative, right?

QB Contain
Aggresive: Play QB
+ Stop QB Scramble
- More Open Receivers
Conservative: Play Pass
+ Cover Receivers in Zone
- Allow QB Scramble

Is that what your saying Jaymo?

ram29jackson
07-21-2010, 02:53 AM

QB Contain
+ Stop QB Scramble
- More Open Receivers
- Allow QB Scramble

that makes more since now :) I havent experimented too much with gameplan yet

Rudy
07-21-2010, 05:31 AM
I think we might have to start experimenting more with gameplan.

JeffHCross
07-22-2010, 12:17 AM
Hey! I might actually get to play the game by Friday!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

steelerfan
07-22-2010, 12:26 AM
Hey! I might actually get to play the game by Friday!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

I've seen you mention that you haven't played yet but I missed the 'why' part. So, why haven't you been able to play yet?

jaymo76
07-22-2010, 12:28 AM

QB Contain
+ Stop QB Scramble
- More Open Receivers
- Allow QB Scramble

Yeah, that's my point. It has worked a little bit.

JeffHCross
07-22-2010, 02:27 AM
I've seen you mention that you haven't played yet but I missed the 'why' part. So, why haven't you been able to play yet?I took a vacation last Thursday - Sunday, and the earlier part of the week was running around town getting stuff for the trip, or other errands that just needed done.

As well, I've been racing to finish my '95 Ohio State team so I can use it in the Powerhouse Online Dynasty. I'm all but done now, but largely because of a massive effort in the last two weeks. A week ago today, I didn't even have the defensive players started, if memory serves ...

Rudy
07-22-2010, 05:59 AM
I haven't played in 3 days! It took me 1.5 hours to get my Michigan dynasty setup and I was hoping to play last night but coaching my son's t-ball team in the heat just pooped me out. I really wish we had in game saves. I'd love to be able to play half a game and then finish the next morning.

jaymo76
07-22-2010, 12:29 PM
I haven't played in 3 days! It took me 1.5 hours to get my Michigan dynasty setup and I was hoping to play last night but coaching my son's t-ball team in the heat just pooped me out. I really wish we had in game saves. I'd love to be able to play half a game and then finish the next morning.

With one child already and another one on the way... I have finally seen the light on "in game saves." I would love to see them because basically now I have to play late at night OR supersim a game if I dont' finish before my son finishes his nap.

JeffHCross
07-22-2010, 11:45 PM
I read some impressions that dissected the problems with the defense on NCAA 11. Man Coverage is the one that has stuck out the most to me, and to the writer of what I was reading. Namely the fact that the DBs seem to be leading the WR, rather than reacting.

Thoughts?

morsdraconis
07-23-2010, 12:32 AM
Why is it that everyone that pisses and moans about this game obviously plays online (aka shitty default AA difficulty)?

I mean, absolutely, Man coverage is a bitch now. It's frustrating to see CBs run the routes better than my WRs, but if it forces me to play better and use something besides out routes, slants, and fly patterns (the only three routes you've ever needed in the past 4 or 5 years of the game) then I'm happy. I've played some frustratingly great games and pulled off some miracle wins.

For the most part, playing against people sucks anyway. I'd rather play a single player dynasty against a competent CPU any day.

ram29jackson
07-23-2010, 02:25 AM
Why is it that everyone that pisses and moans about this game obviously plays online (aka shitty default AA difficulty)?

I mean, absolutely, Man coverage is a bitch now. It's frustrating to see CBs run the routes better than my WRs, but if it forces me to play better and use something besides out routes, slants, and fly patterns (the only three routes you've ever needed in the past 4 or 5 years of the game) then I'm happy. I've played some frustratingly great games and pulled off some miracle wins.

For the most part, playing against people sucks anyway. I'd rather play a single player dynasty against a competent CPU any day.

Yes, but I still want to play people-decent people- because that opens up more animations and situations the AI never gives you. i'll morethan likely lose, but I still want to play the great gschwendt and Rombic after watching their vids for so long haha

Rudy
07-23-2010, 05:22 AM
Man coverage is a little too good but for an offline player like me I don't have a problem dealing with it. Every year some issues are a much bigger problem online. Just makes me happy I don't play online.

I will agree with Rhombic's earlier complaint - I don't like the removal of the "fan out" DL slant. Changing that to spying the QB was a bad and unnecessary move. I'm stuck with whatever stunt package they pick for my DL and now I find myself just slanting left or right at times if I don't want any loops or stunts. I know Ian said tiered defensive play calling would be too hard to implement but maybe they should have a separate DL audible package you can pre-set where you can simply choose the stunts of your DL.

JBHuskers
07-23-2010, 11:28 AM
I'm still digging the fact that the slant isn't automatic for me this year.

AustinWolv
07-23-2010, 11:34 AM
And I'm digging that MY CB will jump it sometimes and pull my defense's butt out of the fire. Had a huge INT last night in a game that stopped a surefire scoring drive, as the CPU was at the 4 yard line and rolling.

morsdraconis
07-23-2010, 11:43 AM

Me too man. Me too.

This year's man coverage has forced me to run different routes (and really think about the route combinations I'm running).

As I just said, I have no problems with the routes not being automatic anymore. It's a bit annoying that comeback routes are pretty much impossible to complete now unless your QB is REALLY REALLY good and the stop and go route pretty much never works (unless you time the pump fake PERFECTLY) but I'm still VERY happy with the way the CPU defense plays now except for the 3-3-5 and the 4-2-5. Those defenses are still complete bullshit.

JBHuskers
07-23-2010, 11:56 AM
Me too man. Me too.

This year's man coverage has forced me to run different routes (and really think about the route combinations I'm running).

As I just said, I have no problems with the routes not being automatic anymore. It's a bit annoying that comeback routes are pretty much impossible to complete now unless your QB is REALLY REALLY good and the stop and go route pretty much never works (unless you time the pump fake PERFECTLY) but I'm still VERY happy with the way the CPU defense plays now except for the 3-3-5 and the 4-2-5. Those defenses are still complete bullshit.

Exactly.

AustinWolv
07-23-2010, 01:24 PM
It's a bit annoying that comeback routes are pretty much impossible to complete now
Are you talking about on default slider settings?

souljahbill
07-23-2010, 02:24 PM
I know the computer doesn't "cheat" per se but last night, I played a game where I felt like I was. I've lost my fair share of games in my dynasty already and I'm cool with that. They at least felt like I should have lost because my team sucks and the other team was just better. Last night, however, it felt like the game was determined before the opening kickoff. Wide open drops (not once or twice mind you, all game, WITH conservative catching turned on in gameplanning). Penalties on key 3rd down conversions. 4 or 5 missed tackles on plays. Super jumping linebackers and corners pulling down 1 hand interceptions while my defenders miss swats (always perfectly put a centimeter out of their reach) or drop balls the few times they were in position. It was unreal what was happening. It was truly frustrating.

morsdraconis
07-23-2010, 03:37 PM
Are you talking about on default slider settings?

Nah. These are adjusted sliders on AA difficulty so that has quite a bit to do with it. But the comeback routes are ran weird as well (or at least some of them) at the point where the receiver is supposed to fake continuing going deep and turn around for the catch, they stutter step/stand there, for a sec and then turn. Pretty much totally makes the "fake" pointless cause the CB just turns right around to cover it most of the time.

jaymo76
07-23-2010, 04:12 PM
Wow! This morning I had my FIRST KICKOFF RETURN FOR A TD!!! I'm now is season three. That's the first TD for me and my special teams has still yet to give one up which seems ironic as my special teams grade is a D???

HWill
07-23-2010, 04:27 PM
Wow! This morning I had my FIRST KICKOFF RETURN FOR A TD!!! I'm now is season three. That's the first TD for me and my special teams has still yet to give one up which seems ironic as my special teams grade is a D???

I got my first one yesterday playing as Boise St. against Va. Tech. On opening kickoff too.

AustinWolv
07-23-2010, 06:48 PM
Nah. These are adjusted sliders on AA difficulty so that has quite a bit to do with it. But the comeback routes are ran weird as well (or at least some of them) at the point where the receiver is supposed to fake continuing going deep and turn around for the catch, they stutter step/stand there, for a sec and then turn. Pretty much totally makes the "fake" pointless cause the CB just turns right around to cover it most of the time.

Just curious. I've seen some considerable separation on them such that it was an easy catch. Honestly, I hardly used them prior to '11, but I've started throwing them now. I'll have to check on the stutter as I didn't notice it before.

rhombic21
07-23-2010, 08:25 PM
And I'm digging that MY CB will jump it sometimes and pull my defense's butt out of the fire. Had a huge INT last night in a game that stopped a surefire scoring drive, as the CPU was at the 4 yard line and rolling.

DBs jump it EVERYTIME.

Man coverage is so unrealistic on the default settings that are used online that it completely ruins the experience. Zones, meanwhile, are completely useless for the most part, so if they ever fix man to man, then passing will be ridiculously easy (like it was on the demo), and defense will become impossible thanks to the improved run blocking (and horrible run defensive reaction).

mundo
07-23-2010, 09:03 PM
I know the computer doesn't "cheat" per se but last night, I played a game where I felt like I was. I've lost my fair share of games in my dynasty already and I'm cool with that. They at least felt like I should have lost because my team sucks and the other team was just better. Last night, however, it felt like the game was determined before the opening kickoff. Wide open drops (not once or twice mind you, all game, WITH conservative catching turned on in gameplanning). Penalties on key 3rd down conversions. 4 or 5 missed tackles on plays. Super jumping linebackers and corners pulling down 1 hand interceptions while my defenders miss swats (always perfectly put a centimeter out of their reach) or drop balls the few times they were in position. It was unreal what was happening. It was truly frustrating.

I had a similar experience the other night for the first time. I have definitely lost before but this one is different. I imagine there is some mechanism to represent a "bad" game that is part of football and I can imagine it would be difficult for it NOT to seem cheeseball. It can be infuriating but thankfully it is much better than before.

AustinWolv
07-24-2010, 02:20 AM
DBs jump it EVERYTIME.

Man coverage is so unrealistic on the default settings that are used online that it completely ruins the experience. Zones, meanwhile, are completely useless for the most part, so if they ever fix man to man, then passing will be ridiculously easy (like it was on the demo), and defense will become impossible thanks to the improved run blocking (and horrible run defensive reaction).

I'll take your word for it for default online. I don't play default online so we have unique cases.

Cipher 8
07-24-2010, 03:37 AM
I've been running zone coverage for the most part since getting the game. It worked at first. I got pressure user controlling the LDE and they would throw early and into a zone and I would get picks. Then I started getting raped through the passing game so I started doing more man coverages and less zone. I would always switch to one cornerback and hot route him to man coverage his guy even if I did a cover 3 as well. That worked okay but today I tried TCU and thus I discovered the 4-2-5. I think I'm going to run this for three reasons.

- Lots of Man Coverage (again it's pretty common knowledge now that Man works best)
- You still got the front 4 but with better blitzes plays to overload the O-Line
- 5 defensive backs. I line up in Nickel (3 defensive backs) most the time anyways

I only play Online Dynasty though so don't worry I'm not using this to get an edge over someone on ranked matches. I just want a dominant D and a playbook that I can dial up pressure when I need to.

souljahbill
07-24-2010, 07:17 AM
I've been running zone coverage for the most part since getting the game. It worked at first. I got pressure user controlling the LDE and they would throw early and into a zone and I would get picks. Then I started getting raped through the passing game so I started doing more man coverages and less zone. I would always switch to one cornerback and hot route him to man coverage his guy even if I did a cover 3 as well. That worked okay but today I tried TCU and thus I discovered the 4-2-5. I think I'm going to run this for three reasons.

- Lots of Man Coverage (again it's pretty common knowledge now that Man works best)
- You still got the front 4 but with better blitzes plays to overload the O-Line
- 5 defensive backs. I line up in Nickel (3 defensive backs) most the time anyways

I only play Online Dynasty though so don't worry I'm not using this to get an edge over someone on ranked matches. I just want a dominant D and a playbook that I can dial up pressure when I need to.

Forewarning: You aren't going to get a lot more pressure. I know because it's the defense I use in my dynasty.

AustinWolv
07-24-2010, 08:39 AM
Remember to check your DB's ratings for man and zone coverage. If they are better in one, expect them to play better in that coverage. For example, my top two CBs are both higher in man coverage, and they do a much better job of sticking with WRs than when I play them in zone.....they seem retarded when receivers are in their zone (zone assignments in the game notwithstanding).

Rudy
07-24-2010, 02:06 PM
I've been running with aggressive zone game planning the last two games and I think zone coverage is a lot better this way. Less short completions for easy first downs although it is a little riskier on corner routes which I like.

jaymo76
07-24-2010, 02:14 PM
I've been running with aggressive zone game planning the last two games and I think zone coverage is a lot better this way. Less short completions for easy first downs although it is a little riskier on corner routes which I like.

Rudy do you have your hum pass covg slider at 40? That's what I have been using and with some gameplanning adjustments zone D is somewhat tolerable but I must say this is definitely the year of MAN D.