PDA

View Full Version : Rosters - *** PLEASE READ ***

JBHuskers
07-10-2012, 12:24 PM
#1 - quit making threads about rosters, the damn game just came out today.

#2 - the damn game just came out today, we will update you once we know.

psusnoop
07-10-2012, 12:42 PM
http://yourvolleyssuck.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/moneysideeye.gif

ram29jackson
07-10-2012, 01:06 PM
hehehehe :D

GatorfanStovy
07-10-2012, 01:10 PM
Crap not this shit again. it happens every year day in and day out . people will just bitch . I wish I just had the game even .

majesty95
07-10-2012, 01:12 PM
Were there other posts that were deleted or was this a shot at mine which I posted four days ago as an inquiry as to whether TGT would be releasing a set again...

gschwendt
07-10-2012, 01:16 PM
Were there other posts that were deleted or was this a shot at mine which I posted four days ago as an inquiry as to whether TGT would be releasing a set again...
It was less a shot at yours and more at a guy that started a thread with a question about rosters and included "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!" in it...

JBHuskers
07-10-2012, 01:21 PM
It was less a shot at yours and more at a guy that started a thread with a question about rosters and included "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!" in it...

Exactly. That thread that I deleted with a million exclamation points in the subject line basically put it over the top.

natetcu
07-10-2012, 02:53 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But I need rosters the exact hour the game releases, how is it possible that these "roster guys" take a week to a month to pop these out????? It is almost like they have jobs or a life!!!! They should be able cram the 40+ man hours that it takes to make a good roster into the three minutes between when i got my game at mid-night to when i got home!!!!!!! I need them to get me a roster on release date!!!!!!!!!!!!
:bang:

GatorfanStovy
07-10-2012, 03:12 PM
Rosters on release date won't ever happen unless EA does them. Wait for Madden 13 for that. Won't ever happen in NCAA so just chill the freak out natetcu . Its not the end of the world. Go to do RTG mode or something until the rosters come out.

souljahbill
07-10-2012, 03:13 PM
Rosters on release date won't ever happen unless EA does them. Wait for Madden 13 for that. Won't ever happen in NCAA so just chill the freak out natetcu . Its not the end of the world. Go to do RTG mode or something until the rosters come out.
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t137/Monkey_heads/sarcasm_detector.jpg?t=1241917109

beartide06
07-10-2012, 03:17 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic. Haha!

JBHuskers
07-10-2012, 03:27 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic. Haha!

:+1:

natetcu
07-10-2012, 03:37 PM
Thanks Gotorfan, that is a good idea. I will try it when I pick up my game on the way home from work. It is not like I have any idea how long it takes to make a roster. It was a different NateTCU that spent 60+ hours making named rosters for NCAA Basketball 09. ;)

PeteyKirch
07-10-2012, 03:45 PM
Actually if you have enough skilled people, and you have templates all drawn out ahead of time, and use a keyboard you can get an entire team down in less than 35 minutes.

GatorBait06NC
07-10-2012, 05:36 PM
Removed post as not to offend someone.

majesty95
07-10-2012, 07:39 PM
Exactly. That thread that I deleted with a million exclamation points in the subject line basically put it over the top.

Gotcha! I was like, damn I was just asking. Lol

majesty95
07-10-2012, 07:43 PM
40+ hours to make a roster lol. I'd say at least 80 and sometimes as much as twice that depending on organization and detail.

RTR14
07-10-2012, 08:10 PM
Luvtotha9s is screwing up.

As a roster maker, who did them for 4 years, for FREE I feel I should warn this guy. I saw this year, he is charging $25 for his rosters. Does he not realize that he cannot do this? Why do you think EA doesnt name the players themselves? Aside from $25 being proposterous, he could get in a WORLD, WORLD of trouble for this.

1.) You cannot, as EA cannot, make money off the names/likenesses of the players. Im sure he doesnt want to be fined for all 2000 players in game if caught.
2.) To sell these rosters, Im assuming that he has a tax ID and is report his earnings off of this to the IRS. He has to potential to earn a lot here. I made over $400 in donations.
3.) If you or I buy his rosters, will we get a receipt?

This dude could really get his feelings hurt if he pisses off the wrong person.

Damn and people on the other site was mad cause fairdale kings was charging $3.99 for 360 rosters

ebarws6
07-10-2012, 08:13 PM

As a roster maker, who did them for 4 years, for FREE I feel I should warn this guy. I saw this year, he is charging $25 for his rosters. Does he not realize that he cannot do this? Why do you think EA doesnt name the players themselves? Aside from $25 being proposterous, he could get in a WORLD, WORLD of trouble for this.

1.) You cannot, as EA cannot, make money off the names/likenesses of the players. Im sure he doesnt want to be fined for all 2000 players in game if caught.
2.) To sell these rosters, Im assuming that he has a tax ID and is report his earnings off of this to the IRS. He has to potential to earn a lot here. I made over $400 in donations.

Hit him up on twitter, you will probably get a response from him.

TarMond
07-10-2012, 09:16 PM
Anyone ever heard of or used these rosters? They're charging $20-25.

<deleted URL>

gschwendt
07-10-2012, 09:18 PM
I edited your post to delete that URL... that site is not allowed here or pretty much any other community site. The owner has stolen rosters in the past and charges every year for rosters.

SmoothPancakes
07-10-2012, 09:20 PM
I edited your post to delete that URL... that site is not allowed here or pretty much any other community site. The owner has stolen rosters in the past and charges every year for rosters.

I thought it was not allowed here nor at other community sites? ;)

gigemaggs99
07-10-2012, 09:28 PM
I like the "advertising" people do in the lobby when they create rooms. There are some called "Real Rosters HERE" and then you go in and all 50 people in the room are chatting, "WHERE ARE THE ROSTERS!"

On a separate note my buddy was able to pick up the game after work we continued our D teams games, I was TX St he was UTSA, it was a great defensive game!

GatorBait06NC
07-10-2012, 09:47 PM
I dont care that luvtotha9s is charging for his so called "updated rosters". I was just putting it out there that he could be in worlds of trouble for doing it and charging that much. He has no idea. I had an attorney handling an estate for me 2 years ago around the same time I was naming rosters. I explained to him what I was doing and asked if I could make money and charge people. I explained to him the entire situation, from why EA doesnt name rosters and everything else. He told point blank that it would be the biggest mistake I could ever make. And that years down the road someone, like a current college player even, could sue me for making money off of his name. Then add in the fact that there are over 2000 players in the game. My lawyer basically just ended the conversation with common sense, "If the people who make the game can't name them and make money of it them, then you certainly cannot"

Then he pointed out the business side and the fact that I would be selling something. Would need a business ID and files taxes on it and everything in between. Lol, I was sorry I asked. Not only would you be cheating every player in the game but also the IRS. Isnt worth the hassle. One phone call by someone he has ticked off to the right person and he could be done with. Its easy to piss people off when youre naming rosters. Especially the ones who are not patient.

Anyways, I would never charge for rosters. I did them because I loved the game and wanted correct ones for myself. Figured why not just share them with everyone so that all that work isnt just enjoyed by a few people. I didnt name them to make money.

Also, the rosters dont look good at all this year either. Glad me and buckeye made the call not to do them. I looked at Florida's roster and it is screwed up royally. Players missing, freshmen rated to low, starters with low ratings, backups with high ass ratings, numbers, heights, weights, skin colors all wrong. Players on the roster who never enrolled, and equipment is really wack.

SmoothPancakes
07-10-2012, 10:17 PM
Also, the rosters dont look good at all this year either. Glad me and buckeye made the call not to do them. I looked at Florida's roster and it is screwed up royally. Players missing, freshmen rated to low, starters with low ratings, backups with high ass ratings, numbers, heights, weights, skin colors all wrong. Players on the roster who never enrolled, and equipment is really wack.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that was slightly somewhat intentional by EA to further help deny against the current lawsuits against them from former players.

PinstripeBroncos87
07-10-2012, 10:36 PM
Florida State's roster is pretty bad too. I just named there roster while I wait for someone to release rosters and it was a headache. Most of the Offensive Line are in wrong position. The safeties are at the wrong spot and some freshman were a pain as well.

ram29jackson
07-10-2012, 10:38 PM
that all star game was riveting.....

steelerfan
07-10-2012, 11:51 PM
I had the shits earlier. Twice. I think it's over now. :up:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

ram29jackson
07-11-2012, 12:25 AM
:dunno:

The Pony Express
07-11-2012, 01:38 AM

Untrue a $25 donation gets you into what he calls the inner circle. "Anyone that donates a minimum of $25 becomes a member of my Inner Circle(which gives you exclusive access to all versions of my rosters for the 2012-2013 College Football season) thank you (Please note, that I would appreciate any more $, you would be willing to donate above the minimum)" All that means is you have access to the different versions he still releasing his standard V1 rosters that will be the best out like always for free to everyone.

BTW anything coming from you is a joke you took peoples money last year on donations for rosters that you didnt even release.

steelerfan
07-11-2012, 07:18 AM
Does this mean rosters are done?

JBHuskers
07-11-2012, 10:02 AM
Does this mean rosters are done?

Yes, just send a friend request to "Steelerfan" and he'll get them to you :D

CLW
07-11-2012, 10:05 AM
I dont care that luvtotha9s is charging for his so called "updated rosters". I was just putting it out there that he could be in worlds of trouble for doing it and charging that much. He has no idea. I had an attorney handling an estate for me 2 years ago around the same time I was naming rosters. I explained to him what I was doing and asked if I could make money and charge people. I explained to him the entire situation, from why EA doesnt name rosters and everything else. He told point blank that it would be the biggest mistake I could ever make. And that years down the road someone, like a current college player even, could sue me for making money off of his name. Then add in the fact that there are over 2000 players in the game. My lawyer basically just ended the conversation with common sense, "If the people who make the game can't name them and make money of it them, then you certainly cannot"

Then he pointed out the business side and the fact that I would be selling something. Would need a business ID and files taxes on it and everything in between. Lol, I was sorry I asked. Not only would you be cheating every player in the game but also the IRS. Isnt worth the hassle. One phone call by someone he has ticked off to the right person and he could be done with. Its easy to piss people off when youre naming rosters. Especially the ones who are not patient.

Anyways, I would never charge for rosters. I did them because I loved the game and wanted correct ones for myself. Figured why not just share them with everyone so that all that work isnt just enjoyed by a few people. I didnt name them to make money.

:nod:

baseballplyrmvp
07-11-2012, 10:08 AM
whats taking so long? you guys have had 4 days already! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-angry013.gif

JBHuskers
07-11-2012, 10:13 AM
:nod:

Your title has been switched.

natetcu
07-11-2012, 10:18 AM

Loved you and Buck's roster last year, it will be missed. But I understand.

CLW
07-11-2012, 10:25 AM
Your title has been switched.

About time slackers. I think I need to add a disclaimer now for a signature: that my posts should not be considered legal advice or that an attorney-client relationship has been established etc...

Gotta protect myself now from all those malpractice claims. :nod:

morsdraconis
07-11-2012, 10:29 AM
:D

This thread is nothing but win after win.

Kingpin32
07-11-2012, 10:29 AM
About time slackers. I think I need to add a disclaimer now for a signature: that my posts should not be considered legal advice or that an attorney-client relationship has been established etc...

so r u done wit da rosters yet?

souljahbill
07-11-2012, 10:32 AM

Maybe you should get a lawyer, just in case.

JBHuskers
07-11-2012, 10:34 AM

I should edit the title (soon appearing on Judge Judy).

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

souljahbill
07-11-2012, 10:48 AM
Does anyone have current rosters for NCAA Football 05 on the Gamecube? I refuse to pay for EA's unplayable bug filled mess when I could be playing 05.

natetcu
07-11-2012, 10:51 AM
Does anyone have current rosters for NCAA Football 05 on the Gamecube? I refuse to pay for EA's unplayable bug filled mess when I could be playing 05.
I can send them to you, but there is a $30 shipping and handling fee...

souljahbill
07-11-2012, 10:52 AM
I can send them to you, but there is a $30 shipping and handling fee...

Are they ready?

majesty95
07-11-2012, 12:59 PM
I'm confused. I'm seeing different things regarding rosters.

Is there a base set out? If so is it any good?

Also, I heard the doucher BK had "his" rosters leaked, is this true? (feel free to be cryptic lol)

TGT does NOT have their rosters out, correct?

Thanks!

souljahbill
07-11-2012, 01:04 PM
I'm confused. I'm seeing different things regarding rosters.

Is there a base set out? If so is it any good?

Also, I heard the doucher BK had "his" rosters leaked, is this true? (feel free to be cryptic lol)

TGT does NOT have their rosters out, correct?

Thanks!

No Rastas!

CLW
07-11-2012, 01:23 PM
No Rastas!

WTF CDJ needs to get sum rastas DONE yesterday!

gschwendt
07-11-2012, 01:30 PM
WTF CDJ needs to get sum rastas DONE yesterday!
To my knowledge, CDJ won't be releasing any rosters... the only person from this site that has said they're doing is BigWY but I haven't seen him around much lately.

erod328
07-11-2012, 01:59 PM
To my knowledge, CDJ won't be releasing any rosters... the only person from this site that has said they're doing is BigWY but I haven't seen him around much lately.

Probably cause he's working on the Rastas!!

Kwizzy
07-11-2012, 01:59 PM
So Big WY said he is working on them this year too? I must have missed that. Hopefully he is b/c he had em done pretty quick last year.

JBHuskers
07-11-2012, 02:20 PM
So Big WY said he is working on them this year too? I must have missed that. Hopefully he is b/c he had em done pretty quick last year.

Yeah I think he posted in the Welcome / Introduction thread a few days ago.

GatorBait06NC
07-11-2012, 04:30 PM
Untrue a $25 donation gets you into what he calls the inner circle. "Anyone that donates a minimum of $25 becomes a member of my Inner Circle(which gives you exclusive access to all versions of my rosters for the 2012-2013 College Football season) thank you (Please note, that I would appreciate any more $, you would be willing to donate above the minimum)" All that means is you have access to the different versions he still releasing his standard V1 rosters that will be the best out like always for free to everyone.

BTW anything coming from you is a joke you took peoples money last year on donations for rosters that you didnt even release.

We did release the rosters, sorry you missed it. Dont try to be slick either, "$25 donation"? Thats what youre calling it. To require a donation is a joke as well. I have been naming rosters since NCAA 03. A few years back, YOU used my rosters for your edits.

Funny thing is that anyone in the "inner circle" can upload the rosters to their locker and spread them around. And theres nothing you could do about it and you would never know.

I could have gotten $0 in donations for naming rosters. I dont need to make money naming rosters. I have a real job for that.

I wasnt taking a jab at you either. Just making sure you know what youre doing. I heard $25 and laughed so hard that I fell out of my chair. I could name, edit, and finalize them myself for free. And I'd do the right thing and give my best, most updated rosters to everyone else for FREE.

CLW
07-11-2012, 04:32 PM
We did release the rosters, sorry you missed it. Dont try to be slick either, "$25 donation"? Thats what youre calling it. To require a donation is a joke as well. I have been naming rosters since NCAA 03. A few years back, YOU used my rosters for your edits.

Funny thing is that anyone in the "inner circle" can upload the rosters to their locker and spread them around. And theres nothing you could do about it and you would never know.

I could have gotten $0 in donations for naming rosters. I dont need to make money naming rosters. I have a real job for that.

I wasnt taking a jab at you either. Just making sure you know what youre doing. I heard $25 and laughed so hard that I fell out of my chair. I could name, edit, and finalize them myself for free. And I'd do the right thing and give my best, most updated rosters to everyone else for FREE.

Don't fight about RASTAS! Just make em' and release em' now 4 FREE!

GatorBait06NC
07-11-2012, 04:33 PM
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that was slightly somewhat intentional by EA to further help deny against the current lawsuits against them from former players.

Agreed. But a few years ago, EA left an LSU player on the rosters who had graduated and was playing in the NFL. The guy was a high draft pick as well.

GatorBait06NC
07-11-2012, 04:35 PM
Don't fight about RASTAS! Just make em' and release em' now 4 FREE!

I just wonder why he attacked me and called me a joke by claiming that we didnt release our rosters last year. Someone's mad. Exactly why I dont deal with this guy and never have.

He's one of the guys who takes basic named rosters that someone else has named and edits them, to take all the credit. This is the first year Ive seen Luv actually name his own rosters from scratch. He used ours a few years back. Thats the funny part. Yet he calls me the joke.

steelerfan
07-11-2012, 06:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Huzwy7CfKro&feature=youtube_gdata_player

GatorBait06NC
07-11-2012, 06:49 PM
Removed post as not to offend someone.

I OU a Beatn
07-11-2012, 07:06 PM
This roster stuff is some serious business.

Kingpin32
07-11-2012, 07:16 PM
This roster stuff is some serious business.
Where dey at doeee

ram29jackson
07-11-2012, 08:34 PM
I want to see other/mre impressions n insites n stuff.

LOL not this running gag junk

SmoothPancakes
07-11-2012, 08:57 PM
I want to see other/mre impressions n insites n stuff.

LOL not this running gag junk

Then go read the impressions thread. This thread is about rastas goddamnit!

Kingpin32
07-11-2012, 09:05 PM
Then go read the impressions thread. This thread is about rastas goddamnit!
i dought dis wuz bout da uniforms?

Deuce
07-11-2012, 09:06 PM
This thread is about rastas

http://bligoo.com/media/users/2/108159/images/bobmarley.jpg

???

JBHuskers
07-11-2012, 09:14 PM
:D :D :D

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTs3-EwzT_9mD9L2GhZ-UfDg2owh2Apc6vMAbewizKbq2V6JWNTDzn9rikM

ram29jackson
07-12-2012, 12:34 AM
ok..start laying the odds on when?

could be as early as 6pm eastern time tomorrow?

or....by 3pm eastern Friday ?

to me, thats still too early but these freaks will do this sort of thing even though all they get is a big stranger internet thank you.

...or not till Monday 12 noon Eastern ?

baseballplyrmvp
07-12-2012, 12:48 AM
i'm gonna call it right now

the rosters will be done.......when the last team is finished. :nod:

ram29jackson
07-12-2012, 02:02 AM
supposedly..this guy has done 360 name only rosters for x360

Rebelfan1611

PinstripeBroncos87
07-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Saw someone on Operation Sports posted x.com rosters and they have same spelling mistake as the rosters mtemple released. Now it's possible that mtemple got his rosters from them. Then again x.com have stolen other people's rosters before and sold them as their own.

JBHuskers
07-12-2012, 11:45 AM
Edited your post to remove the name. We aren't going to give the site any pub regardless.

CLW
07-12-2012, 11:49 AM
RASTAS have been freed! Now Steeler needs to get to work on some SLIDERZ so I can str8 up ball ya heard?