PDA

View Full Version : Commentary, In-game Presentation & Atmosphere - NCAA 14 Wish List & Feedback

cdj
07-10-2012, 07:33 AM
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA11/NCAAFootballLogo.jpg

Commentary, In-game Presentation & Atmosphere

Use this thread for wish list & feedback items relating to changes or improvements you would like to see in NCAA Football 14.

Be clear, but concise in making your wishes. Any off-topic posts will be deleted.

souljahbill
07-12-2012, 08:20 PM
Secondary commentary team for regional games.

Jayrah
07-14-2012, 03:18 AM
Still not enough crowd noise on the biggest plays! Touchdowns need to have another level of noise that isn't present. Also turnovers and all big plays late in close ballgames need to be high volume.

psusnoop
07-18-2012, 08:01 AM
I know we were given a direction in which the Dev team is heading towards but I would still like to see the crowd noise a little more pumped up for the bigger plays of the game or for a whole game of a big game that is still a close game. Right now I have crowd noise maxed out and it's just not what it should be imo. It can be better and I hope that EA continues to try and improve on this heading forward

JeffHCross
07-19-2012, 12:05 AM
:+1: For all the attention that the audio got in the blogs and pre-release discussions this year, I've been very disappointed in the crowd volume. And it doesn't help when Nesslar says "the crowd is going crazy!" and I can't hear them at all.

psusnoop
07-19-2012, 07:35 AM
E and I had a game 2 nights ago in SBCOL. The final ended at 14-10. I was Middle Tennessee State (home) and he was UTSA. While the stands were quite empty (as expected) there should be differing level of crowd noise. What we heard for that game was probably OK in my eyes but and a big but is we played as USC vs Oregon (just as close, one possession type game) and the crowd noise was EXACTLY the same.

Never really getting into the moment except for a brief period like a 3rd down but just as soon as the ball is snapped BOOM the crowd goes silent again. It really should be a continuance of the noise from that 3rd and 1 right thru say the punt. That stadium should be rocking for such a situation. Instead it's loud pre-snap (slight overstatement) for a 3rd and 1 and then really quite once the ball is snapped. Then really nothing as far as noise while selecting a play. Then after selecting the play for 4th and 1 the crowd maybe goes up ever so slightly.

This crowd noise I think could be better and maybe a little crisper given some of the sounds we hear from other games. Heck in BF3 you can hear a bullet that is super close to you.

I want the crowd to get into the game like they do in real life. I want to hear them going nuts on big stops, getting pumped for big downs or big plays. I don't want to hear the noise go away while selecting plays though. The noise should still be funneling in non-stop during big games.

Lohusker
07-19-2012, 09:50 AM
I want the crowd to get into the game like they do in real life. I want to hear them going nuts on big stops, getting pumped for big downs or big plays. I don't want to hear the noise go away while selecting plays though. The noise should still be funneling in non-stop during big games.

^This^ It's all I've wanted for at least the last 8 years. If they could get the level and timing of noise, shaking of the screen/controller, etc. all in synch and when it makes sense, I'd never complain about anything again :nod:. It's gotten better, but doesn't seem like it would take much to get them over the top on this.

psusnoop
07-20-2012, 06:42 AM
^This^ It's all I've wanted for at least the last 8 years. If they could get the level and timing of noise, shaking of the screen/controller, etc. all in synch and when it makes sense, I'd never complain about anything again :nod:. It's gotten better, but doesn't seem like it would take much to get them over the top on this.

It all just needs that little bit of extra attention but I really think it could be pulled off easily and without adding much overhead to the costs already. Though the impact of doing it correctly would be HUGE, from casual game, to weekend warriors, to SIM everyone would enjoy it.

jaymo76
07-26-2012, 01:53 PM
It all just needs that little bit of extra attention but I really think it could be pulled off easily and without adding much overhead to the costs already. Though the impact of doing it correctly would be HUGE, from casual game, to weekend warriors, to SIM everyone would enjoy it.

I personally loved the 06 system with the shaikng screen. Was it realistic? Not really? Was it overpowered? Yeah probably. However, I'm still talking about it today because it made the big games so much more fun to play. I will always remember taking Michigan St to Ohio St for the first time and just getting destroyed. What a game... I couldn't hear myself the crowd was so loud.

baseballplyrmvp
09-15-2012, 07:05 PM
watching the :USC: vs stanford game right now, and gus johnson adds way more to the telecast than what herbie and nessler have.

on the first offensive play for USC, barkley hit marqise lee over the middle on a dig route, lee kinda cut back in order to continue running towards the sideline and got a huge block from one of our tight ends. right after that happened, johnson goes, "BAM! lee gets a huge block from randell telfer before he gets run out of bounds!"

i know they're slowly working towards an on-the-fly commentary system, but herbie's and nessler's emotion do not compare to gus's....and that's part of the problem that commentary has been in recent years, imo.

TIMB0B
09-16-2012, 02:32 PM
watching the :USC: vs stanford game right now, and gus johnson adds way more to the telecast than what herbie and nessler have.

on the first offensive play for USC, barkley hit marqise lee over the middle on a dig route, lee kinda cut back in order to continue running towards the sideline and got a huge block from one of our tight ends. right after that happened, johnson goes, "BAM! lee gets a huge block from randell telfer before he gets run out of bounds!"

i know they're slowly working towards an on-the-fly commentary system, but herbie's and nessler's emotion do not compare to gus's....and that's part of the problem that commentary has been in recent years, imo.
With the development of conference networks, it would be neat to eventually get different broadcast teams for a particular game each week.

baseballplyrmvp
10-14-2012, 12:43 PM
after going to the :USC: vs :Washington: game last night at Century Link Stadium, home of the seattle seahawks, i can honestly say that the 12th man factor really gives a home field advantage. there was a decibal reader going on, on 3rd downs for USC and at one point, it hit 119 decibals.

there were also multiple false starts by the USC o-line because due to it being so loud. this home field advantage needs to make a return into the game. louder stadiums really need their audio cranked up, as playing at LSU feels pretty close to playing at eastern michigan, imo. i'd rather have this effect over done, as it'd really separate the loud stadiums from the quiet ones. if there was a way that they could set different audio levels for different stadiums, it'd help not every game feel the same, imo.

JeffHCross
10-14-2012, 01:07 PM
i know they're slowly working towards an on-the-fly commentary system, but herbie's and nessler's emotion do not compare to gus's....and that's part of the problem that commentary has been in recent years, imo.Yeah, but Brad and Kirk's emotions in-game don't compare to real-life either. If you listen to Madden the last two years, Gus, the video game version, was a shell of himself. Gus's real-life play-by-play relies on the emotion of the moment. You can't replicate that in a game system without an overly complicated audio system with the most extensive library ever.

after going to the :USC: vs :Washington: game last night at Century Link Stadium, home of the seattle seahawks, i can honestly say that the 12th man factor really gives a home field advantage.In real life, the home field advantage is not nearly what we fans think it is. Nor is it for the reasons we think it is. But, as a fan, I agree that there is a big difference between watching/playing @LSU versus @Eastern Michigan. The team said there were going to be strides in that direction this year, but personally I haven't seen (heard) it. I agree that it's something that needs changed.

baseballplyrmvp
10-14-2012, 01:36 PM
In real life, the home field advantage is not nearly what we fans think it is. Nor is it for the reasons we think it is. But, as a fan, I agree that there is a big difference between watching/playing @LSU versus @Eastern Michigan. The team said there were going to be strides in that direction this year, but personally I haven't seen (heard) it. I agree that it's something that needs changed.

its not, or shouldnt be that hard to fix, though. playing at lsu, the default crowd level should be like 5 or 6X the volume level of what playing at eastern michigan should be. the crowd, in itself, sounds fine. its just the volume level of it needs to be WAY, WAY louder for some stadiums.

JeffHCross
10-14-2012, 02:42 PM
Agreed. The other big difference between loud crowds and other stadiums is that there's a constant dull-roar, even when the game isn't on the line. At least there is for big games. The crowd in NCAA ebbs too much between plays.

blkkrptnt819
10-19-2012, 09:12 AM
*Offensive and Defensive Player Introductions as they come on the field and between plays (Based on playbook type i.e. 4 WR, 1 HB intro for Spread, 1 HB, 1 FB, 1 TE, 2 WR for Pro Style) (ABC)
*In depth intro of impact players (Maybe read off some of their stats, yr and what they did last game)
*PLEASE Fix the Sidelines

baseballplyrmvp
10-20-2012, 08:14 PM
i've brought this up the past couple of years, but another easy way to increase the game atmosphere is to provide more instant replays from more and different kinds of angles. we're used to the same 4 or 5 views by now, so its time to add more. it doesnt have to a whole lot, but a couple more replay angles would really help out.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/baseballplyrmvp/422A0001_2_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_fWm.jpg

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/baseballplyrmvp/422A0001_0_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_keS.jpg

these guys are in the same spot, in EVERY stadium. why arent they being used? set up some static cameras at those points around the endzone, and they'd give quite a boost to the feel, at least when you get in the redzone.

JeffHCross
10-20-2012, 09:16 PM
i've brought this up the past couple of years, but another easy way to increase the game atmosphere is to provide more instant replays from more and different kinds of angles.As well, if they're going to add more angles, I'd like to see more realistic angles. There are too many angles used in NCAA replays that a real-life camera could never do. I'm generally okay with that for the highlights (like the one that spins around the RB as he runs, that's kinda cool), but there are a set of angles that every TV broadcast has guys set up at. And, normally, they're not directly lined up with the line of scrimmage (or where the ball is between the hashes). I'd like to see some of those "real" static angles come in.

OSUCowboyofMD
10-20-2012, 10:28 PM
Can we actually have the TV broadcast camera on the RIGHT side of the field? Sheesh!

baseballplyrmvp
11-03-2012, 02:41 PM
absolute must have......is the ability to swivel the coach cam left or right, presnap.

JeffHCross
11-03-2012, 03:39 PM
absolute must have......is the ability to swivel the coach cam left or right, presnap.
Yes!

:+1: x :infinity:

baseballplyrmvp
11-03-2012, 03:43 PM
+8? :confused:

JeffHCross
11-03-2012, 03:54 PM
Better?

baseballplyrmvp
11-03-2012, 04:09 PM
:nod: :D

baseballplyrmvp
11-08-2012, 11:44 PM
how bout replacing erin andrews with samantha steele?

http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/NpYMdetp4nPwi4SvNbEbPQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD05ODU7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://l.yimg.com/os/388/2012/11/08/uspw-6537792-jpg_224523.jpg

:hump: :nod:

JeffHCross
11-09-2012, 12:05 AM
how bout replacing erin andrews with samantha steele?I asked for that the day EA left for Fox :D

The best thing Samantha Steele brings to the job: she does her homework.

souljahbill
11-09-2012, 06:25 AM
how bout replacing erin andrews with samantha steele?

http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/NpYMdetp4nPwi4SvNbEbPQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD05ODU7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://l.yimg.com/os/388/2012/11/08/uspw-6537792-jpg_224523.jpg

:hump: :nod:

This is what's probably going to happen since EA moved to Fox (and started wearing big ass glasses and ugly fucking outfits so she can be taken "seriously.").

psusnoop
11-09-2012, 07:57 AM
This is what's probably going to happen since EA moved to Fox (and started wearing big ass glasses and ugly fucking outfits so she can be taken "seriously.").

Isn't helping :)

souljahbill
11-09-2012, 08:12 AM
Isn't helping :)

I know. I took her more seriously when she was the hot piece of tail on the sideline and the hosting the pre-College Gameday show. On Fox, she just looks awkward and unnatural.

JeffHCross
11-09-2012, 03:03 PM
:D :D :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-mJyBHMFOQ

steelerfan
11-09-2012, 06:46 PM
I asked for that the day EA left for Fox :D

The best thing Samantha Steele brings to the job: she does her homework.

Are you kidding?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

JeffHCross
11-09-2012, 06:55 PM
Are you kidding?Assuming you're responding to the "homework" comment, no. While I haven't caught any of her games this year, last year I was extremely impressed by the information she passed on from the sidelines, and thought it was much better than most of the other sideline reporters ESPN has.

steelerfan
11-09-2012, 08:09 PM
Assuming you're responding to the "homework" comment, no. While I haven't caught any of her games this year, last year I was extremely impressed by the information she passed on from the sidelines, and thought it was much better than most of the other sideline reporters ESPN has.

It's still not her best asset, no matter how good her information is. ;)

baseballplyrmvp
11-09-2012, 08:19 PM
It's still not her best asset, no matter how good her information is. ;)

:+1:

or should it be +2? :D

JeffHCross
11-09-2012, 11:14 PM
It's still not her best asset, no matter how good her information is. ;)Lol. Nicely done.

Though, seriously, it was so refreshing to see a "hot blonde" sideline reporter that was thorough in doing her job that, yes, I actually consider it her best ... feature ...

baseballplyrmvp
11-28-2012, 11:58 PM
when viewing highlights from your game, you have the option to watch a certain play from the various camera angles......they need an additional one, like a blimp cam or something similar. this would really help in identifying problems that certain players on the field are having. pretty much, it'd function exactly like the "wire" camera angle, just be way further back and higher up off of the ground.

it'd also be cool if we could save highlights from any point within the stadium (camera wont move once play has started). additionally, it'd be nice if we could choose an option to focus on a certain player in the replays, instead of just always following the ball.

Jayrah
12-04-2012, 04:50 PM
Yeah, but Brad and Kirk's emotions in-game don't compare to real-life either. If you listen to Madden the last two years, Gus, the video game version, was a shell of himself. Gus's real-life play-by-play relies on the emotion of the moment. You can't replicate that in a game system without an overly complicated audio system with the most extensive library ever.

In real life, the home field advantage is not nearly what we fans think it is. Nor is it for the reasons we think it is. But, as a fan, I agree that there is a big difference between watching/playing @LSU versus @Eastern Michigan. The team said there were going to be strides in that direction this year, but personally I haven't seen (heard) it. I agree that it's something that needs changed.
You probably won't be able to replicate the true emotion of the moment from the announcers (I wish they could take real in game audio and add it) like you can in real life, but if the crowd were on point it would boost the emotional value of what they do have. More importantly, no matter how good the audio is, if the crowd noise ISN'T up to par it's going to take away from the moment.

As for the home field advantage, there are 3 things that really play into home field in college. The first is the play on the anxiety of the road team, especially younger players that haven't been in the atmosphere very much. Some kids respond and others can crumble under the added pressure but there's no way to replicate this in game without adding importance to the awareness rating and making it more prevalent for assignments in road games and in big situations. The second is the play on the emotion and adrenaline of the home team players, also tough to replicate. But the third and only thing that you CAN easily replicate is a split second of advantage for the defensive line, where they are watching the ball and the offensive line is reactive due to the fact that they cannot hear when the crowd is going crazy.

THIS is where the difference of HFA and Top 20 stadiums should be felt. In games that are even remotely close or have the home team in the lead at all times should have Aggressive D-line for the home team always on, specifically on 3rd down. This, along with low awareness players making mistakes on the road in these situations would replicate HFA well IMO.

JeffHCross
12-04-2012, 07:40 PM
You probably won't be able to replicate the true emotion of the moment from the announcers (I wish they could take real in game audio and add it) like you can in real life, but if the crowd were on point it would boost the emotional value of what they do have. More importantly, no matter how good the audio is, if the crowd noise ISN'T up to par it's going to take away from the moment.Agreed, but no video game will ever replicate emotion like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE0c-TzO7d4It's just not possible to have a dynamic enough library to pull that off, unless you can have enough audio to replicate multiple emotions for every word/phrase/situation. Very tough.