PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football 13 - Dynasty Mode Issues

PeteyKirch
07-09-2012, 03:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ng45ULETt24

During Off-Season recruiting, Playing Time and Proximity to Home is bugged.

Proximity to Home is set to A+ and it doesn't matter where the school is in relation to the recruit.

Playing time is correctly shown during phone calls, but when you set up an in home visit it's set to D+

gschwendt
07-09-2012, 03:56 PM
Dynasty needs it's own thread as well. The two main issues I've seen are the proximity bug (above) and that no DTs are ever drafted.

I haven't dove very deep in yet myself so let us know if there's anything more than those two.

CLW
07-09-2012, 04:24 PM
Good lord maybe this game isn't playable even with a decent set of sliders.

SmoothPancakes
07-09-2012, 04:48 PM
Shit. Looks like the continuation of my coaching carousel career dynasty is gonna be on hold longer than I thought.

PeteyKirch
07-09-2012, 05:09 PM
I know it's nit picking, but can't EA program a way to gray out using "PROMISE A GAME IN PLAYERS HOME STATE" when they are from the state your school is in?

I know you can just say don't use it, but it shouldn't even be available to begin with.

jaymo76
07-09-2012, 05:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ng45ULETt24

During Off-Season recruiting, Playing Time and Proximity to Home is bugged.

Proximity to Home is set to A+ and it doesn't matter where the school is in relation to the recruit.

Playing time is correctly shown during phone calls, but when you set up an in home visit it's set to D+

:fp: With so little added to the game this year, how are there so many issues? NCAA 13 is supposed to be the polished version of NCAA 12... WOW!

Deuce
07-09-2012, 05:47 PM
Part of me thinks they quit working on 13 about 3 months ago and started implementing the new engine into 14. :fp:

It's also somewhat annoying that we haven't heard a word from EA on these issues or what's being done about them.

ram29jackson
07-09-2012, 06:15 PM
Part of me thinks they quit working on 13 about 3 months ago and started implementing the new engine into 14. :fp:

It's also somewhat annoying that we haven't heard a word from EA on these issues or what's being done about them.

having been around this site for 2 and a half years, they dont communicate that sort of thing much if at all to begin with.

CLW
07-09-2012, 06:51 PM
having been around this site for 2 and a half years, they dont communicate that sort of thing much if at all to begin with.

Yeah I think EA realized how UTTERLY STUPID it was (from a company standpoint) to have actual employees frequent sites and post on them as that is ONLY asking for the HEAT/VENOM and the employee they used wasn't knowledgeable enough about the product to come across as competent which only INFURIATED the masses more.

I assume at least one patch is coming (unless they go NCAA Basketball on us and just drop off the face of the Earth) and probably 2-3 this year at a minimum.

Patch #1 will address some of the issues but open up Pandora's box on another.

Patch #2 will address the other current known issues

Patch #3 will attempt to address Pandora's Box but by and large fail to succeed

souljahbill
07-09-2012, 07:08 PM
The hometown of the players are not shown when that graphic appears (usually for injuries). It shows a blank space, a comma, then names the home state.

SmoothPancakes
07-09-2012, 07:43 PM
Jesus Christ EA. :fp: Besides scouting and recruiting, they pretty much didn't even touch dynasty. How the hell did so much of this stuff get fucked up?

majesty95
07-09-2012, 09:20 PM
Week one of a two man online dynasty. I have 20 guy on my recruit board (although I removed a few during this week). I get to recruit #20 with 20 minutes left in my recruiting bank. I try to call him but I get a message that says

"Cannot call this prospect as the required recruiting time has already been used".

I had used all of my scouting but there is still 00:20 CALL left...

steelerfan
07-09-2012, 09:20 PM
Jesus Christ EA. :fp: Besides scouting and recruiting, they pretty much didn't even touch dynasty. How the hell did so much of this stuff get fucked up?

While it's not major changes, I noticed some new data in dynasty. Also, it looks like tackles/assists sort properly on the PS3 now, half sacks sort properly, and pancakes work and are tracked making it possible for a user lineman to win an award.

At least there's those things.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

SmoothPancakes
07-09-2012, 09:23 PM
While it's not major changes, I noticed some new data in dynasty. Also, it looks like tackles/assists sort properly on the PS3 now, half sacks sort properly, and pancakes work and are tracked making it possible for a user lineman to win an award.

Well, alright, I'll give EA that much. It will be nice to have some of that stuff now in dynasty. But they need to get the Proximity to Home and Playing Time problems fixed. I'm not sure if I'm even willing to get my dynasty started and hope for a future patch, just because, while I'll get an advantage on Proximity to Home, Playing Time will still fuck me over in recruiting in the end. And depending on how long it would take to get a patch to fix that out, it could be August before I could potentially get my dynasty started up and resume posting.

steelerfan
07-09-2012, 09:34 PM
Well, alright, I'll give EA that much. It will be nice to have some of that stuff now in dynasty. But they need to get the Proximity to Home and Playing Time problems fixed. I'm not sure if I'm even willing to get my dynasty started and hope for a future patch, just because, while I'll get an advantage on Proximity to Home, Playing Time will still fuck me over in recruiting in the end. And depending on how long it would take to get a patch to fix that out, it could be August before I could potentially get my dynasty started up and resume posting.

Understood.

I'm going to move forward as soon as we have rosters. For me, I know this will take a backseat to FIFA and, possibly, NHL. Therefore, I can't wait around too long.

OptionMasta
07-10-2012, 12:57 AM
I'm going to think long and hard before I bust that wrapper open tomorrow. I'm not even sure this game is worth $45 at this point.

PeteyKirch
07-10-2012, 05:20 AM
The sad part I can easily see EA doing nothing, and just telling you to use "House Rules" and not to use the Proximity Pitch unless you truly have that A+ rating i.e an instate player less than 30 miles from the University.

That still doesn't fix playing time though, you can have no one on the roster in that position, only recruit 1 player and you'll always have D+ for Playing Time when it comes to Off-Season Recruiting.

SmoothPancakes
07-10-2012, 08:58 AM
The sad part I can easily see EA doing nothing, and just telling you to use "House Rules" and not to use the Proximity Pitch unless you truly have that A+ rating i.e an instate player less than 30 miles from the University.

That still doesn't fix playing time though, you can have no one on the roster in that position, only recruit 1 player and you'll always have D+ for Playing Time when it comes to In-State Recruiting.

And me going to Tulsa, that will kill me. Between fighting for recruits with Oklahoma and Oklahoma State (plus anyone I target from Texas), Playing Time would and will be one of my biggest pitches to get recruits interested and signed with me.

joshuahuskers
07-11-2012, 02:10 AM
Poll logic is also absurd, just like it was in NCAA 12. I've simmed a few seasons and have seen one-loss BCS teams rated 5th-7th win all TWO LOSS teams in front of them. It's absurd. It's mostly when the one-loss team has lost it's CCG. Like, for example, in my first sim, Washington was 12-0. They lost their CCG to USC, and dropped to #7, with only 1 one-loss team (Alabama at #2) ahead of them. All other teams in front of them had two losses.

Again, another sim, USC was 12-0 and the only team with less than two losses. They lose their CCG to Washington, and fall to #5 with four two-loss teams in front of them. I really think that in that scenario, they'd still be in the NC Game. Teams with too many losses move up the polls too much/too quickly by beating those top teams. Washington beat USC in that CCG, and went from #7 to #1 (with 2 losses). It just seems insane.

Sim engine also creates too many upsets, I have yet to see a team finish the season unbeaten. Just like in NCAA 12. Stupid again.

joshuahuskers
07-11-2012, 02:10 AM
Double Post.

Deuce
07-11-2012, 01:17 PM
Anyone notice in the offseason when you go to set visit activities that they don't match the recruiting screen. For example playing time will be A+ on the recruiting screen but when I go to set the recruits activity it said playing time was D+. :fp:

I really am enjoying the game but damn is it sloppy. That's the best way to describe this game. Fun but sloppy.

souljahbill
07-11-2012, 01:20 PM
Anyone notice in the offseason when you go to set visit activities that they don't match the recruiting screen. For example playing time will be A+ on the recruiting screen but when I go to set the recruits activity it said playing time was D+. :fp:

I really am enjoying the game but damn is it sloppy. That's the best way to describe this game. Fun but sloppy.

Just like my women....

Deuce
07-11-2012, 01:26 PM
Just like my women....

:D

oweb26
07-11-2012, 02:02 PM

Just like my women....

Those two parts alone might become my signature.

PeteyKirch
07-11-2012, 03:29 PM

I stated that in the original post.

Deuce
07-11-2012, 06:23 PM
I stated that in the original post.

Good job.

steelerfan
07-11-2012, 06:24 PM
Good job.

:D

NaptownMVP
07-12-2012, 08:56 PM
Week one of a two man online dynasty. I have 20 guy on my recruit board (although I removed a few during this week). I get to recruit #20 with 20 minutes left in my recruiting bank. I try to call him but I get a message that says

"Cannot call this prospect as the required recruiting time has already been used".

I had used all of my scouting but there is still 00:20 CALL left...

Earlier on your list you gave 30 minutes to a recruit who insta-committed on the first pitch. They took the 30 minutes away on the server (like it used to do), but only took away 10 minutes on your screen (like it was in 12). I can't tell which one was the intended result, but the inconsistency is annoying.

JeffHCross
07-12-2012, 09:42 PM
n/m. Misread previous.

Escobar
07-13-2012, 12:18 AM
In my OD I had the game freeze once in the menu of setting up my recruiting board. Then after I restarted the game, it froze again during my scouting. I scouted 4 people was on the 5th. And was coming out of the results back to the board. The game started running choppy before that, like slowdown.

UGA14
07-13-2012, 08:12 AM
This game freezing like crazy for anyone? I can't load my week 2 dynasty game already. Any idea how much EA's quality control employee makes? If it's more than an enterprise systems engineer they should probably hire me.

gschwendt
07-13-2012, 08:44 AM
This game freezing like crazy for anyone? I can't load my week 2 dynasty game already. Any idea how much EA's quality control employee makes? If it's more than an enterprise systems engineer they should probably hire me.
I haven't run into it but I've read that if you make a change (scout, recruit, add a target recruit, change your depth chart, etc.) then that should let you play your game.

souljahbill
07-13-2012, 09:29 AM
I haven't run into it but I've read that if you make a change (scout, recruit, add a target recruit, change your depth chart, etc.) then that should let you play your game.

Have you run into the slo-mo player glitch?

EDJ
07-13-2012, 10:43 AM
Have you run into the slo-mo player glitch?

The only slo-mo player glitch I've seen is in Practice Mode. My LG twitches along worthlessly. But it doesn't happen every time I enter practice.

In games, players stutter when making a tackle, but they maintain speed.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G on the Sprint Now Network, using Tapatalk 2.0.

twitter: the_EDJ

JeffHCross
07-13-2012, 09:14 PM
Any idea how much EA's quality control employee makes?Very little. If you're being serious, PM me, but the real answer is that the majority of QA Testers are entry-level and paid like it.

JeffHCross
07-13-2012, 11:15 PM
The list of skills for Athletes no longer shows either Blocking rating, which means you have no obvious indication if a 6'2", 273 lb "athlete" is a defensive or offensive lineman.

TIMB0B
07-14-2012, 01:55 AM

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2Did you notice that once you reach 100+ Total Tackles it doesn't count it properly anymore. I'm not sure if it's right at 100 or not since I didn't check my tackle stats well into already having around 130 Total Tackles. But whatever the case, it said I only had 4 Total Tackles at this point instead of the actual number. Solo, Assists, ect. all remained correct, though.

JeffHCross
07-14-2012, 11:48 AM
Did you notice that once you reach 100+ Total Tackles it doesn't count it properly anymore. I'm not sure if it's right at 100 or not since I didn't check my tackle stats well into already having around 130 Total Tackles. But whatever the case, it said I only had 4 Total Tackles at this point instead of the actual number. Solo, Assists, ect. all remained correct, though.I would love to know if it's 127 or 128. Because that would be awesome.

TIMB0B
07-14-2012, 12:54 PM
I would love to know if it's 127 or 128. Because that would be awesome.

We'll have to wait until next season, and see if I rack up that many tackles again.

novadolla
07-14-2012, 04:09 PM
How come mics dont work in online dynasty for PS3?

Tako 715
07-15-2012, 08:32 AM
Started a Dynasty yesterday. I had the game freeze twice. Once when I was setting up my recruiting board, then I quit for a while, and then froze again when I started to scout in the preseason. Also, the recruiting screens seemed choppy.

In my first game, I had the slow motion player glitch. I had a TE moving in slow motion before every snap. It takes him longer to line up and his motion was choppy as well. This happened for an entire drive at the end of the game.

Lastly, I do not like the decision to not let us press "x" and skip to the play call screen after the play. I am annoyed by that 2 seconds. I don't care about the game track, or in game updates. I don't even want the ticker on the bottom. I just want to play a fast continuous game. Everything else gets in the way. There should be an option to turn everything off.

That was only the negatives, if I didn't mention something assume it was good.

JeffHCross
07-15-2012, 11:26 AM
I had a freeze yesterday too, while trying to load a Dynasty Wire story.

FWIW, I've had no problem pressing X to proceed to the next play. It doesn't seem any different than the previous games for me.

beartide06
07-15-2012, 12:10 PM
I had a freeze yesterday too, while trying to load a Dynasty Wire story.

FWIW, I've had no problem pressing X to proceed to the next play. It doesn't seem any different than the previous games for me.

I've also ran into the freezing issue. I am the OC at UMASS and I was up 38-3 with 2:38 left to play. It was on AA difficulty. When the screen went to proceed to the sim screen, the game froze. It was very frustrating since it was
My first game in year 2. Now, last year, my game froze at least once every time I played, sometimes twice. Almost every time this occurred it was going into the sim feature after a TD or XP. My game was almost in perfect condition throughout the year, so I'm not sure what could have caused this to happen. I just hope it doesn't pose as a problem this year like it did last year.

KIDZER0918
07-15-2012, 02:31 PM
I am having. Ad freeze issues as well I am going to try and add a recruit or something then play the game to see if that helps a all

KIDZER0918
07-15-2012, 04:32 PM
I added a recruit and then it worked

Kruszer
07-16-2012, 09:28 AM
ive noticed that after season 1 in dynasty, that several teams only have 11 games scheduled...i didnt change the conferences or the schedule in 'custom schedule' either...for example, ohio state and nebraska only had 11 games, while michigan and michigan state had 12...and there are several more that only have 11

SHOWTIMEINC
07-16-2012, 10:50 AM
Yeah I would like to know about the mics not working in the OD lobby. It takes the fun out of winning a big game and not being able to brag about it to everyone. If they could make it like Madden's lobby it would be sweet. Overall love the game I just wanna do some trash talking in the lobby in the meantime.

WolverineJay
07-16-2012, 02:20 PM
Started a Dynasty yesterday. I had the game freeze twice. Once when I was setting up my recruiting board, then I quit for a while, and then froze again when I started to scout in the preseason. Also, the recruiting screens seemed choppy.

I have had the game freeze on me everytime I go into the recruitng part of Dynasty. It happens within 10 minutes of looking at prospects, scouting prospects(both letting each attribute slowly get revealed or by pressing X and having all the attributes revealed immediately), calling prospects, and searching for new prospects. This is killing the game for me and the only work around I use is to let the CPU do all recruitng/scouting which sucks. I hope all the Dynasty stability issues get fixed ASAP or I'm probably done with 13' what's the [point when the game freezes every single time.

FatalPitty
07-16-2012, 06:19 PM
I've had the same problem so now I play RTG. Seems to work fine

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk 2

TIMB0B
07-17-2012, 01:03 AM
I would love to know if it's 127 or 128. Because that would be awesome.

Found out today. It's 128.

TIMB0B
07-17-2012, 01:10 AM
Btw, I played a 3 player co-op dynasty with some friends, and the commentary did NOT work. No Nessler, Herbie, or Rece at any time for any game. We checked all settings. Don't have a clue what's up.

JeffHCross
07-17-2012, 09:32 PM
Found out today. It's 128.128 is the tackle where it resets. That is to say, 127 displays fine and 128 shows as 1, yes? If so: Bahahahaha, perfect. Means they're using a signed byte for the value, which has a value range from -128 to 127. Strange, because I would expect they'd used unsigned, which is 0 to 255.

beartide06
07-17-2012, 11:03 PM
Had some major issues with freezing last night and today in my offline dynasty. Before that occurred, I had an instance pre-snap where my LG and C were invisible on the field, leaving a HUGE gap in my OL obviously. I have a picture of it on my phone. Later in the game, playing with UMASS in my offline dynasty against UTSA in year 3, my game froze with 1:52 in the 3rd. It occurred while entering the sim feature. When I tried to re-start it it froze on the loading screen going into the game TWICE. So, I decided to just sim the game and hope for a win. To my surprise I actually won my game, BUT... while the week was advancing, low and behold, my game froze yet again. After that I decided to call it quite and just try this morning.

Well, this morning I wake up, pop in the game, and go to select my dynasty and while it is loading to enter the dynasty, it freezes AGAIN. At this moment, I am infuriated with all of the freezing and problems, but I was suggested to delete the game from my hard drive and get rid of any unnecessary online dynasties. After doing this, I turned the game back on, and again, while entering the dynasty, my game froze. So, apparently I am going to have to just give up on the dynasty after 2 1/4 seasons. Not sure why it is freezing this much.

gschwendt
07-17-2012, 11:15 PM
Beartide, can you post any further details?

What week? Are you using a custom playbook? Have you played UTSA before this season? Are you a coordinator or just chose to super-sim? Did you try making a change (add a recruit, change the depth chart, or something else) before starting/simming your game?

Add any details that you can and I'll make sure to pass it long to the devs... since it's re-occurring for you, I want to document whatever we can. Added, since it involves two brand new teams, I'm curious if it's related or coincidental.

sl8b
07-17-2012, 11:21 PM
128 is the tackle where it resets. That is to say, 127 displays fine and 128 shows as 1, yes? If so: Bahahahaha, perfect. Means they're using a signed byte for the value, which has a value range from -128 to 127. Strange, because I would expect they'd used unsigned, which is 0 to 255.

Haha, Jeff, I thought you weren't a programmer?

TIMB0B
07-18-2012, 12:19 AM
128 is the tackle where it resets. That is to say, 127 displays fine and 128 shows as 1, yes? If so: Bahahahaha, perfect. Means they're using a signed byte for the value, which has a value range from -128 to 127. Strange, because I would expect they'd used unsigned, which is 0 to 255.
Yes

ebin
07-18-2012, 12:54 AM

Wow, that's pretty mind boggling. Nobody at EA had enough foresight to realize somebody might get more than 127 tackles in a season?!? LOL.

beartide06
07-18-2012, 01:11 AM
Beartide, can you post any further details?

What week? Are you using a custom playbook? Have you played UTSA before this season? Are you a coordinator or just chose to super-sim? Did you try making a change (add a recruit, change the depth chart, or something else) before starting/simming your game?

Add any details that you can and I'll make sure to pass it long to the devs... since it's re-occurring for you, I want to document whatever we can. Added, since it involves two brand new teams, I'm curious if it's related or coincidental.

Sure thing, gschwendt. It was in week 3 of my offline dynasty. It was my first instance playing UTSA with UMASS. I did my recruiting and everything as usual before the game. No changes. I am not using a custom playbook. I am the OC at UMASS so it automatically went to super-sim after they made a defensive stop on third down. I was winning 59-7. I am playing on AA with them with Heisman recruiting and default custom AI sliders on AA. Now, my penalties are set differently and my player speed threshold is at 15. I was 0-1 going into the week after losing to ole miss 48-41. I had a bye week in week 1 and week 4. I was playing 7 min. quarters, too. Sorry about the lack of details.

Last year, I had many issues with the game freezing when going to a super-sim after an XP primarily, and sometimes it would happen at various other times.

TIMB0B
07-18-2012, 03:25 PM
Wow, that's pretty mind boggling. Nobody at EA had enough foresight to realize somebody might get more than 127 tackles in a season?!? LOL.
My average seems to be around 134 a season. Perhaps I should bench my LB for a game. :D

gschwendt
07-18-2012, 04:11 PM
Sure thing, gschwendt. It was in week 3 of my offline dynasty. It was my first instance playing UTSA with UMASS. I did my recruiting and everything as usual before the game. No changes. I am not using a custom playbook. I am the OC at UMASS so it automatically went to super-sim after they made a defensive stop on third down. I was winning 59-7. I am playing on AA with them with Heisman recruiting and default custom AI sliders on AA. Now, my penalties are set differently and my player speed threshold is at 15. I was 0-1 going into the week after losing to ole miss 48-41. I had a bye week in week 1 and week 4. I was playing 7 min. quarters, too. Sorry about the lack of details.

Last year, I had many issues with the game freezing when going to a super-sim after an XP primarily, and sometimes it would happen at various other times.
One last question... do you play any of the CPU games? I've seen reports of playing CPU games out of order (ie playing a 8pm game first and then playing your 3pm game after) causes issues similar to what you're experiencing.

CLW
07-18-2012, 04:33 PM
So... should I even bother starting my Coaching Offline Career or wait/hope for a patch?

souljahbill
07-18-2012, 05:06 PM
So... should I even bother starting my Coaching Offline Career or wait/hope for a patch?

I'm waiting on the patch and just playing rivalry games with trophies (and Mass Effect) until then.

JeffHCross
07-18-2012, 08:50 PM
Haha, Jeff, I thought you weren't a programmer?You may be being sarcastic, but if so it's going right over my head :D By trade, no, I'm not, I'm a tester (though that may be changing soon). But my degree was focused in software development.

TIMB0B, you should probably post that over in: http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?5351-Bugs-amp-Glitches-NCAA-Football-14-Wish-List-amp-Feedback. I'd post it for you, but you deserve the credit.

Wow, that's pretty mind boggling. Nobody at EA had enough foresight to realize somebody might get more than 127 tackles in a season?!? LOL.I'd imagine that it's less "lack of foresight" and more "unintentional oversight". There's no reason to intentionally set it to a signed byte -- except I'd imagine that most of the other statistics are signed. So they probably just kept the setting consistent.

I also wonder if that's something new. I don't remember that limit existing in the past.

sl8b
07-18-2012, 09:54 PM
You may be being sarcastic, but if so it's going right over my head :D By trade, no, I'm not, I'm a tester (though that may be changing soon). But my degree was focused in software development.

No, not really sarcastic. I've just noticed that you go out of your way to be humble when it comes to your knowledge of anything software related. When in fact you know quite a bit. Plus, anyone that would post 'bwahahahaha' about a data type has probably written a script or two in his day. In what little message boarding time I have these days, I'm pretty much spending about 95% of it here, so I'm just trying to mix it up a little bit and get to know the regulars. Once I get the CM online dynasty guys to migrate from the other site, that 95 will change to 100.

beartide06
07-18-2012, 11:15 PM
One last question... do you play any of the CPU games? I've seen reports of playing CPU games out of order (ie playing a 8pm game first and then playing your 3pm game after) causes issues similar to what you're experiencing.

No sir, I sure have not been playing the CPU games. I have been playing strictly mine. However, I was able to advance the week after deleting a couple of online dynasty files. Not sure if that has anything at all to do with the issue, but could it be possible that it does have something to do with it?

JeffHCross
07-18-2012, 11:55 PM
Plus, anyone that would post 'bwahahahaha' about a data type has probably written a script or two in his day.And has made that mistake (or similar ones) himself a time or two :D

I thought you might be being sarcastic because, while you're right that I do downplay the knowledge (because it's textbook knowledge rather than on-the-job knowledge), I thought I did make it clear that I know a thing or two about coding. And occasionally I've gotten myself in trouble by being overly cocky about it. So I was surprised you knew enough about me to ask that question, yet didn't know the answer. Sometimes I forget what I talk about with whom :)

gschwendt
07-18-2012, 11:58 PM
No sir, I sure have not been playing the CPU games. I have been playing strictly mine. However, I was able to advance the week after deleting a couple of online dynasty files. Not sure if that has anything at all to do with the issue, but could it be possible that it does have something to do with it?
The only way I could see that being the issue is if you are really low on HDD space but even that shouldn't be the issue.

I'll gather all of this up and send it to EA tomorrow.

TIMB0B
07-19-2012, 01:11 AM
TIMB0B, you should probably post that over in: http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?5351-Bugs-amp-Glitches-NCAA-Football-14-Wish-List-amp-Feedback. I'd post it for you, but you deserve the credit.

By all means, Jeff, go ahead and post it. I don't need credit (unless you mean EA reads this and are looking for people to hire by what they post. :) ).

beartide06
07-19-2012, 01:14 AM
The only way I could see that being the issue is if you are really low on HDD space but even that shouldn't be the issue.

I'll gather all of this up and send it to EA tomorrow.

Well, I have 182GB left on my hard drive, so that's not the issue :D
Maybe EA can figure out the issue. Thanks, man!

ebin
07-19-2012, 01:15 AM
I'd imagine that it's less "lack of foresight" and more "unintentional oversight". There's no reason to intentionally set it to a signed byte -- except I'd imagine that most of the other statistics are signed. So they probably just kept the setting consistent.

I also wonder if that's something new. I don't remember that limit existing in the past.

You're right, oversight is probably a better word for it, but man, it seems like pretty straightforward cause and effect: "What are the limitations of storing the tackle statistic in a signed byte? Oh yeah, max value of 127. Yup, better make it unsigned, especially since you can't have negative tackles."

It's one of the basic tenets of database design. You've got to think about what's possible within the constraints of the system when deciding what data type to use in a given situation.

And yeah, it does seem new. I've definitely had seasons in the past where a guy ends up with 130-140 tackles.

sl8b
07-19-2012, 02:12 AM
I had my first freeze tonight in offline dynasty.

No super sim, but a few things happened that are firsts for me:

I had 10 minutes of scout time left before the game, all previous weeks were used entirely
Before the game I played around with uni's, mixing and matching, another first this year in this dynasty
I chose garnet jersey's and white pants (I'm So. Car. playing UGA)
When the game started, we had on all white at home and Jawja wore home uni's
This is the first game where I've used stadium sounds this year

The game froze in the 2nd quarter right after a TD, but I don't have sound attached to a TD, only for the XP because I don't like the fight song getting cut off just to play again. If the WR didn't score, it would have been a 1st down, which triggers a sound, but the game doesn't recognize 1st downs on scoring plays IIRC. He barely got in, so maybe it was a "bad call" that would have been overturned and the system didn't know what to do with the custom sound? I'm reaching, but who knows.

I don't use custom playbooks.

If you need any other info, let me know.

SmoothPancakes
07-19-2012, 02:34 AM
Damnit. I was all ready to get my coaching carousel career dynasty resumed after moving to '13, just had to get sliders sorted out, and I was gonna start it up. Now you're all making extremely scared and hesitant to even create one with all this discussion now of offline dynasties freezing. :(

TIMB0B
07-19-2012, 03:28 AM
And yeah, it does seem new. I've definitely had seasons in the past where a guy ends up with 130-140 tackles.

Well, what is new is the ability to sort Total Tackles now, instead of it aligning with Solo tackles. Maybe that has something to do with the oversight.

Lohusker
07-19-2012, 10:20 AM
ive noticed that after season 1 in dynasty, that several teams only have 11 games scheduled...i didnt change the conferences or the schedule in 'custom schedule' either...for example, ohio state and nebraska only had 11 games, while michigan and michigan state had 12...and there are several more that only have 11

Does it let you add a 12th game?

CLW
07-19-2012, 11:01 AM
So... I attempt to go to my recruiting board Week 1 and the damn game just locks up/freezes. I see allot of reports of freezing. Is this the transfer fail equivalent for 13?

beartide06
07-19-2012, 02:09 PM
So... I attempt to go to my recruiting board Week 1 and the damn game just locks up/freezes. I see allot of reports of freezing. Is this the transfer fail equivalent for 13?

That is something I was pondering myself. The freezing issue seems to have escalated to a higher degree this year. Hopefully, with the new patches coming out in the next month, they will eliminate most of these issues.

JeffHCross
07-19-2012, 09:56 PM
By all means, Jeff, go ahead and post it. I don't need credit (unless you mean EA reads this and are looking for people to hire by what they post. :) ).I wish that was the case :D

Does it let you add a 12th game?You can add a 12th game for yourself, and if you're willing to put in a lot of work you can trick the game into granting 12th games to the CPU teams, but there's no simple way to grant a 12th game to CPU teams.

SmoothPancakes
07-19-2012, 10:02 PM
You can add a 12th game for yourself, and if you're willing to put in a lot of work you can trick the game into granting 12th games to the CPU teams, but there's no simple way to grant a 12th game to CPU teams.

What are the steps do that? I had that issue my last season on NCAA '12, where Illinois and someone else only played 11 games. Personally I have never worried about it, but it makes my final conference standings post look bad with a bunch of 11 game records for teams, forcing me to either just accept it as is, or "edit" the win-loss record for the team to make it appear as though they had played 12 games in my post.

JeffHCross
07-19-2012, 10:25 PM
It's actually merely a theory in my head, but I know when you swap an opponent on your schedule for OPEN, that's one reason that some schools have 11 games - because they swap opponents with you, so now they're playing OPEN. So the theory would be to go through and schedule all the teams that are missing an extra game, then swap them with other teams that are missing games. I've never tried it, but I think it would work if you could pull it off.

SmoothPancakes
07-19-2012, 10:55 PM
It's actually merely a theory in my head, but I know when you swap an opponent on your schedule for OPEN, that's one reason that some schools have 11 games - because they swap opponents with you, so now they're playing OPEN. So the theory would be to go through and schedule all the teams that are missing an extra game, then swap them with other teams that are missing games. I've never tried it, but I think it would work if you could pull it off.

Interesting. I remember hearing that before, about swapping opponents on your schedule for OPEN possibly causing issues. I may test that theory over the next couple days. With all this talk of more and more dynasties freezing (it seems almost like the Offline Dynasty version of Transfer Failed issues that ODs had last year), I'm becoming more and more hesitant about starting my dynasty over these next few days like I had planned. So instead of getting my dynasty going, if I wait for a potential fix in the patch coming out in August, I may test out your theory and see if it works.

Tako 715
07-19-2012, 11:03 PM
I am now in week 12 of my Dynasty. Hasn't froze since Pre Season.

I had the slow motion/freezing player at the end of a game again. It will either be the 2nd TE, FB or 3rd WR. It's always one player. He is slow to line up, and eventually freezes during the play at some point. It will do this the rest of the game once it starts. Not sure why it starts or how to get rid of it.

Blocking is still problematic. Not enough to effect my game results and overall stats. It will cause negative runs and can be a drive killer. It is mostly with what seems to be blitzing LB's running by OL and FB for the easy TFL. Maybe that is just normal, otherwise the run game would be unstoppable.

Tako 715
07-20-2012, 07:56 PM
There is definitely something up with the schedule. There is usually 14 weeks, giving you 12 games and 2 OPEN. But in Year 2 of my dynasty, Week 14 is the Conference Championship Week. That leaves only 13 weeks, and the game still schedules you with 2 OPEN. That is why all these teams are ending up with 11 game schedules. This needs to go into one of the patches.

Hustleman
07-20-2012, 10:51 PM
I am seeing to many to many upsets in dynasty mode. I understand that upsets happen but usually not every week. Has anyone else noticed this??

A few examples: (But it is at least one every week)
Miami of Ohio beat Ohio State
OK State got beat by UL Lafayette

LeeSO
07-20-2012, 11:11 PM
Idk if this is the correct forum for this or not, but here it goes; I have yet to see ANY type of trophy celebration. I play for a rivalry trophy, no celebration. I play a bowl game, no celebration. Is anyone else running into this problem? It may not be a big deal to anyone else, and I'll probably skip it if I ever see it, but I would like to see how it looks and flows at least one time.

LeeSO
07-20-2012, 11:16 PM
I am seeing to many to many upsets in dynasty mode. I understand that upsets happen but usually not every week. Has anyone else noticed this??

A few examples: (But it is at least one every week)
Miami of Ohio beat Ohio State
OK State got beat by UL Lafayette
I've noticed this as well. Arkansas State are considered Giant Killers in my virtual NCAA world. They seem to schedule @ least 2 schools in the top ten every year and they seem to win one and sometimes both of those games. The wackiest thing that I have witnessed so far had to have been in the SECOND year of my dynasty. Toledo and FIU were #1 & #2 playing for the BCS Championship.

buckeye02
07-21-2012, 02:29 AM
Could someone fill me in on the proximity to home glitch?

EDIT: nvm, i found it.

Basmare
07-24-2012, 04:08 PM
I don't know if anyone experienced this, I couldn't find this very quickly on the forum. I'm playing an online dynasty as an OC with Memphis, and during the off-season recruiting I lost 2 scholarships. The game said I had already had 25 commits,
while I actually had 23. I couldn't give prospects scholarships, but the one I already offered a scholarship accepted in week 4. Before this, I experimented with removing him and then adding him to my board again but I couldn't offer him a scholarship either.

Also lost some time in the beginning of the season where I lost call time in week 1 and 2 that I didn't account for. Has anyone experience with this?

jaymo76
07-24-2012, 06:01 PM
Playing as OC, there seem to be some glitches with SUPER SIMMING. Specifically, I will often get points when I should not. No, I don't me a pic six or anything like that. I will have to kick the ball and then I am awarded points and get the ball back. When I go to look at the playlist there is no record of the score in the super sim. It's happened a handful of times. Anyone else seeing this???

JeffHCross
07-24-2012, 10:00 PM
Jaymo, have you looked at the Scoring Summary? I've seen multiple times when plays don't show up on the Super Sim record, but I'd be surprised if you're getting points with no record anywhere of anything

buckeye02
07-25-2012, 01:42 AM
I don't know if anyone experienced this, I couldn't find this very quickly on the forum. I'm playing an online dynasty as an OC with Memphis, and during the off-season recruiting I lost 2 scholarships. The game said I had already had 25 commits,
while I actually had 23. I couldn't give prospects scholarships, but the one I already offered a scholarship accepted in week 4. Before this, I experimented with removing him and then adding him to my board again but I couldn't offer him a scholarship either.

Also lost some time in the beginning of the season where I lost call time in week 1 and 2 that I didn't account for. Has anyone experience with this?

Did you accept 2 transfers? Those transfers are under scholarship.

Basmare
07-25-2012, 04:08 AM
Did you accept 2 transfers? Those transfers are under scholarship.

Ha thanks! I didn't know that. I will closely watch that this season. Almost lost me a pipeline state because of the hick-up! Thank you.

jaymo76
07-25-2012, 01:56 PM
Jaymo, have you looked at the Scoring Summary? I've seen multiple times when plays don't show up on the Super Sim record, but I'd be surprised if you're getting points with no record anywhere of anything

Yeah, I looked in the create highligh section and there were no plays listed except for kickoff. Weird huh?

In other news, I am considering switching from PRO STYLE with heavy use use FB's in the I and WEAK sets and moving to a ONE BACK FORMATION. The FB is literally useless for blocking LB's as an LB will run around the fullback untouched 90% of the time. That is the NUMBER 1 issue with this game right now.... DEFENDERS GOING UNBLOCKED!!!!

PeteyKirch
07-25-2012, 04:16 PM
Yeah, I looked in the create highligh section and there were no plays listed except for kickoff. Weird huh?

In other news, I am considering switching from PRO STYLE with heavy use use FB's in the I and WEAK sets and moving to a ONE BACK FORMATION. The FB is literally useless for blocking LB's as an LB will run around the fullback untouched 90% of the time. That is the NUMBER 1 issue with this game right now.... DEFENDERS GOING UNBLOCKED!!!!

I love running the Pro Style. Then again I use Rutgers, and I try to emulate the days of Rice and Leonard, I probably throw 7-10 balls toward my FB out of the backfield, either on the delay flats, or curls over the middle.

jaymo76
07-25-2012, 09:18 PM
I love running the Pro Style. Then again I use Rutgers, and I try to emulate the days of Rice and Leonard, I probably throw 7-10 balls toward my FB out of the backfield, either on the delay flats, or curls over the middle.

Oh yeah it's my fave offense as well and I really value the FB position. I am just saying that with the severe blocking issues this year, having a FB doesn't help much as blocking logic is messed up.

JeffHCross
07-25-2012, 10:54 PM
DEFENDERS GOING UNBLOCKED!!!!Yep. While I love my Oneback offense, if I'm running outside, I either hope/pray that the last man on the playside will either seal off his man, or I'm hitting sprint to try and at least get a two yard gain before I get to the sideline.

jaymo76
07-26-2012, 02:01 PM
Yep. While I love my Oneback offense, if I'm running outside, I either hope/pray that the last man on the playside will either seal off his man, or I'm hitting sprint to try and at least get a two yard gain before I get to the sideline.

Plus if the cpu LB's blitz, you are dead in the water. I used to do a lot of runs to the outisde, pitches, etc but they are just too risky now. The $$$$$ plays for running this year... anything from the HB Draw position.

PeteyKirch
07-26-2012, 03:04 PM
Oh yeah it's my fave offense as well and I really value the FB position. I am just saying that with the severe blocking issues this year, having a FB doesn't help much as blocking logic is messed up.

But those few times the FB does it's job it's a thing of beauty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP9gUoy5YcE

Lohusker
07-26-2012, 11:09 PM
Just had my first freeze, in week 11. Of course it had to wait until just after the final snap of the game... :fp:

jaymo76
07-26-2012, 11:15 PM
Just had my first freeze, in week 11. Of course it had to wait until just after the final snap of the game... :fp:

Almost all of my freezes are after the last snap of the game. Apparently just before the half and at the end of the game are the most common times.