PDA

View Full Version : When do you plan to start your dynasty?

souljahbill
07-09-2012, 11:35 AM
Started already?
When base rosters are named?
After adjusted rosters are done?
After patch 1?
After patch 2?

souljahbill
07-09-2012, 11:42 AM
Depending on what's fixed in patch 1, I may wait for patch 2. I don't really care about named rosters. I can play with generics but since I like to run read options out of the Pistol, I hope it's fixed before I start mine.

jaymo76
07-09-2012, 11:46 AM
I think I will start when I actually pick up the disc. I have used season pass to get sliders to where I am content as a starting point for my dynasty. Once I finalize who I want to play as, then I will be good go.

SmoothPancakes
07-09-2012, 12:41 PM
As soon as steeler is able to figure out some good AA sliders for 13. I'm just "continuing" my coaching carousel career dynasty from 12, so I auto-named all the players, and am going through right now and specifically naming and setting the Alma Maters of all coaches (HC, OC and DC) who were in place at the end of season 3 of my '12 dynasty. As soon as there are some sliders, I'm jumping right in. It's nice not having to wait for rosters this year.

jaymo76
07-09-2012, 12:57 PM
Yeah with Madden NOT allowing players to be imported and me probably not buy Madden because of that and other reasons, I have no need to wait for named rosters so once I am ready with my sliders I will begin. However, I am rethinking OC status. I may switch to DC and start there. I plan on running a 4-2-5 which I have never ran before... I think this will make the scouting/recruiting a lot more fun.

illwill10
07-09-2012, 01:10 PM
Unless there are some big issues, I wont wait for the patches.

After thinking about it, named rosters arent important to me because I usually only recruit in the 1st 2 seasons. So, by time I really focus on the rest of the teams/college, the players I know will be gone.

But, I am not sure if I start right away. I plan on doing 2 RTGs. What I might do is just switch around and do all of them in a certain order.

JBHuskers
07-09-2012, 01:15 PM
After rosters and Steelerfan's sliders probably. I would like to keep up with an offline dynasty more this year, at least going to try to. Think I might start at Texas State and move up from there.

oweb26
07-09-2012, 01:16 PM
Depending on what's fixed in patch 1, I may wait for patch 2. I don't really care about named rosters. I can play with generics but since I like to run read options out of the Pistol, I hope it's fixed before I start mine.

I know its probably somewhere you can link me to it, to not clutter the thread what's wrong with the pistol read option?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

CLW
07-09-2012, 01:29 PM
After rosters and Steelerfan's sliders probably. I would like to keep up with an offline dynasty more this year, at least going to try to. Think I might start at Texas State and move up from there.

:+1: other than possibly the team. I still cannot decide what I where I want to start. I'm definitely going to start as an OC/DC at one of the new schools :UMass: :Texas_State: or :UTSA:

I did a DC last year so I'm leaning OC this year (especially since defense is so.... bad/boring right now).

souljahbill
07-09-2012, 01:50 PM
I know its probably somewhere you can link me to it, to not clutter the thread what's wrong with the pistol read option?

In some formations (I can't tell you which ones specifically), the blocking logic is off. Sometimes, your O-Line will block the read guy, sometimes your read guy becomes the OLB instead of the DE (and you won't know which one until the play starts), sometimes, the end away from the play acts like the read guy is supposed to and will crush your play from behind before it even starts.

There's no specific link. It's something I, as well as others, have noticed while playing the game.

gschwendt
07-09-2012, 01:54 PM

First play here (from the demo)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF3h15vR7xs