PDA

View Full Version : Top NCAA13 gameplay issues... need your feedback

gschwendt
07-08-2012, 07:23 PM
I'm collecting the issues that I believe are the top, glaring issues found in the retail version of the game. These are issues that occur but should not... these should not be related to wishlists/feature requests and should focus on gameplay. Here's what I have so far but want to get feedback in case I've overlooked something.

Zone Defense
-Deep defenders letting receivers get behind them
-Cover 2 Safeties from the hash... the short-side Safety lines up too wide and then drops even wider, essentially playing a quarters defense
-Defenders "stumble" at odd times... almost as though they try to turn their hips & run but can't
-Hook zones push too deep for no reason. Have seen a LB in hook drop 15+ yards with no threat in the area. One worst-case-scenario: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPplMm60mug
-Buzz (pink) zones play flats instead of corner route. Should give up the flat in order to prevent anything in the 7-15 yard range.
-Cover 2 Zone is useless every time against 4-Verts. Ideally outside CBs need to push their zone deep with pattern reading, could be based on ZCV/AWR.
-Deep zones care too much about underneath routes that are already covered. (Ex. deep safety runs forward to cover crossing route http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3PQp94Te88

Man Defense
-DBs, particularly lower rated, get burned TOO much on cut routes (Ex. out route, double move, etc.). They'll have their hips open the right way but when the WR cuts out, the DB will take a FEW steps back before he reacts.
-Triple move routes kill any many coverage the majority of the time, even top defenders.

Brain-dead Option defenders
-Defenders stop dead in their tracks and don't pursue the option, generally against a pitch relationship and most easily tested with I-Form Tight Load Option flipped (run to weak side)

Alignment issues
-SS goes across formation instead of CB (ex. 425 Cover 1 vs Ace Trio. SS1 goes across & CB stays home; roles should be reversed)
-Results vary when on the hash vs in the middle. (ex. 425 Cover 1 vs Ace Spread on right hash... SS1 goes across formation, TE covers slot, SS2 covers HB; SS1 should stay home to cover his slot) *** Many other examples ***
-FS sometimes assigned WR when Safety already over top of him (Ex. 425 Normal Dbl Bullets A vs Ace Spread on right hash... FS assigned left slot WR, should be assigned to HB).
-DB blitzes aren't hidden in alignment. (ex. any Dime slot CB blitz vs Trips)
-SS 335/425, covering RB, should line up like OLB instead of staying wide... too easy to get left behind against a swing pass the opposite side. (Ex. 425 Cover 1 vs vs I-Form Normal)
-When offense goes no huddle, can cause strange alignment issues... tough to pinpoint what exactly happens.
-In base-align, CBs should still line up on the man in front of them... gives away base-align. (Ex. Cover 2 Zone vs Spread on the hash... wide-side WR will be wider than DB in front of him)

Shotgun/Pistol Option Blocking
-When read DE isn't completely outside the OT, the OT will still block him. Occurs in both 3-man and 4-man fronts.
-In some cases for the Pistol Read, the wrong DE will go unblocked... so if it's a regular read, the RE goes unblocked instead of the LE. Specific example I've seen is Pistol Slot Read Option vs Nickel Normal

Pass Blocking
-Seen examples of OL not knowing who to block when a DL is lined up direction across from him. http://youtu.be/wavw6YVxqL0
-Have seen examples of a OT completely missing a DE rushing wide... either completely ignores him or doesn't get wide at all in order to block him. Was noted by several in April.

User Controls
-Have experienced and seen complaints about situations where users not able to deflect/intercept passes... it ignores the button press/hold completely, unsure the cause.
-Have seen complaints that if you turn off auto-strafe, you can no longer manually strafe at all
-Complaints that you can't customize controls at all... primarily some want to be able to change option button but other scenarios as well.

CPU HB Screen passes
-Results in sack large majority of the time
-When the QB does throw it, he'll throw it late letting defense catch HB
-calls it too often regardless of effectiveness

CPU Playcalling
-Calls HB draw in come-from-behind situations including last seconds of a game.
-Spikes ball when could easily just no-huddle including situations where only 1 second is left on the clock before snapping.
-Runs no huddle without considering personnel (ex. going from 5WR to Goalline)
-Oregon (for example) doesn't run very much shotgun option at all... instead throws it majority of the game.
-Seemingly, for passing, CPU either calls HB Screen or deep passes... rarely, short to medium passes, rarely slants/stick, etc.

CPU Option
-CPU cannot effectively run the triple option...
doesn't make right read on keep/dive
See notes about pitch relationship
-Horrible pitch relationship in general...
will pitch too late
will pitch when HB covered
will stop/start around before pitching http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IV5VSIH5bg
doesn't know when to cut it upfield as the QB
before the pitch, the HB will get near the sidelines and then cut back to the middle of the field
-Horrible playcalling
Doesn't know what situations to call plays
Will call shotgun speed option to the short side of the field too often

Custom Playbooks
-I've seen 1 report of a defensive playbook creating zero-play bug. No details but really hope this doesn't catch on
-some complaints about no quick-audibles set... no specific examples.

Misc glitches
-Defender pancaked down, yet quickly bounces back up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XDlGlMsMAY&feature=player_embedded
-Shotgun Tight, HB Counter, as soon as the ball is handed off it will be blown dead
-DE unblocked a-gap pressure <found in a video>
-Contain blitz <found in a video>
-Man switch defensive coverage <video>
-Goon kick <video>
-Field goal block <video>
-Shake Blitz is still in... not sure how it's executed with changes to defensive shifting but receiving complaints
-Same disconnect/quit glitches are still in the game

I OU a Beatn
07-08-2012, 08:50 PM
I can make a video of the Shake Blitz if it would help. Just let me know.

gschwendt
07-08-2012, 09:32 PM
I can make a video of the Shake Blitz if it would help. Just let me know.

Yeah... Do that if you would. I know what it is but since you have to delay a second between shifts, not sure how to do it.

Marlowe
07-08-2012, 09:50 PM
Not sure if this one's been covered. It's like the ball hits a barrier 3 inches from the DB's hands and goes sideways into the WR's hands.

http://youtu.be/CDNJjZ2v0Eo

JBHuskers
07-08-2012, 10:00 PM
Throw in the play calling freeze glitch. The one where you go into a formation, back out and you can't go up or down or select a play, it only lets you go left and right. The only ways to fix it are to back out all the way to choose formations again or pause.

majesty95
07-09-2012, 02:45 AM
Not everyone considers this an issue but having the defender run the route ahead of the receiver is completely unrealistic.

The 10 yards cushion needs to be fixed. The CBs should only play a yard or two off unless pressing or told to play soft.

Not only on the option, but I've seen pass plays where the DB runs backwards away from the play.

I also had a my QB break a tackle and scramble to his left with his back facing away from the players (opposite end zone). I hit a button to throw the ball and he started his windup with his back still facing his receivers and then spun while throwing and completed the pass to a receive I did not intend to throw it to (although he was close to the other receiver). I can probably provide video if needed (saved replay in game)

This is not gameplay related but definitely needs to be fixed:

The sim engine generates 40-60% less 60%+ and 70%+ QB completions percentages over the course of a season than in real life. I also had the 82 OVR HB at UGA run 500 times, for 2600 yards and 35 TD in my first season, simming every game.

The "draft" during players leaving does not draft any DTs in any round

souljahbill
07-09-2012, 06:26 AM
Don't want to clog up the thread with comments when I don't have anything to really add. Just was wanted to say that I thought something was weird when I called read option out of some Pistol formations. My read man would get blocked so I took it as a cue to hand off. LOL! Sometimes I would get tackled by the backside end, making me question whether I called the play to the correct side. Also, yes, I agree about the CPU calling to many screen plays. In RTG, they called a screen for me 4 consecutive plays on a row once and they call it at least 6 times a game, minimum.

Don't know if this can be fixed or not but in RTG, I selected to be an option QB. Why am I chucking the ball 40 times a game? Going to a school that runs the option like the service academies, Georgia Tech, or a spread option team like Oregon is useless because the play calling is tuned for QB players to constantly throw the ball.

FoleyLions
07-09-2012, 08:40 AM
On the issue on the screen passes couldn't they just add a timer for the QB to throw it either to the WR/RB or throw it away. It seems like the CPU is treating it like any other pass play and maybe that is the problem because on a normal pass play you have more options so the QB will hold the ball till one opens up or pressured and with only one option to throw to if it isnt open the CPU may be stuck in the wait for open or pressure. Just a thought on how they could solve that issue for the CPU. I've seen a lot of bugs and alot of them look fixable so I'm hoping they get some of it done.

Edit: Also adding in a timer of say 5 secs or a 3 second timer starting at the top of the drop back, so once the drop is complete they have 3 seconds to throw and in shotgun its 3 once ball is caught by QB but if any PA then the timer starts after action is over. But again turning up the pass rush should do this but I think it would cause more "pressured" throws than is realistic so If you turn up pressure along with a timer of some sort and the CPU has to either Throw it away or scramble depending on the QB's ratings. I know thats more of something for a wishlist, just trying to come up with a way to fix some of the things in the passing game.

souljahbill
07-09-2012, 08:55 AM
The screen usually works initially but because it's called so much, the defense plays it better each time until it becomes a useless play (the DE/LB stays with the HB and the blockers don't block him).

skipwondah33
07-09-2012, 09:06 AM
Throw in the play calling freeze glitch. The one where you go into a formation, back out and you can't go up or down or select a play, it only lets you go left and right. The only ways to fix it are to back out all the way to choose formations again or pause.JB I've had this happen numerous times when I was playing CLW the other day. Another way you can get out of it is if you hit L1 for adjustments, back out of that then you will be able to select your plays/formations.

CLW
07-09-2012, 10:08 AM
I don't know if this is part of the "stumble" issue or not but on multiple occassion the safety is in position to make a play on the ball and then for no good reason he "squats" and allows the ball to go over him like he is afraid of it or something.

JBHuskers
07-09-2012, 10:14 AM
JB I've had this happen numerous times when I was playing CLW the other day. Another way you can get out of it is if you hit L1 for adjustments, back out of that then you will be able to select your plays/formations.

Good to know. I like that workaround better.

souljahbill
07-09-2012, 11:49 AM
I don't know if this is part of the "stumble" issue or not but on multiple occassion the safety is in position to make a play on the ball and then for no good reason he "squats" and allows the ball to go over him like he is afraid of it or something.

That's the stumble. He freezes then has to reestablish velocity. I've seen it a lot too.

Oneback
07-09-2012, 01:33 PM
In addition to what's listed, 4-man pass rush isn't getting home quick enough. I've been playing with Texas who has 2 90+ DE's and I must bring pressure to get anyone home. I can upload coaches video of the 2008 and 2009 Alabama teams so everyone can see how quickly they get to the QB with just 4 rushers, right now NCAA isn't anywhere in the ball park.

CLW
07-09-2012, 01:43 PM
That's the stumble. He freezes then has to reestablish velocity. I've seen it a lot too.

Ah. Looks more like a "I gotta poop" than a stumble to me. Perhaps it should be renamed to reflect the animation more accurately?

WolverineJay
07-09-2012, 01:46 PM
I've noticed the same issue exists from NCAA 12 where the outside WR's will ignore their designed routes on 3rd/4th down with or without hurry up called. It's really evident when you have man coverage and you hot route the outside WR to a curl. Instead of running the deep out, curl, comeback, slant, or deep in the WR runs a streak which often leads to massive overthrows or interceptions which is VERY frustrating. I mean how hard is it to program the WR to run his assigned route for crying outloud like the WR did every other year of NCAA before NCAA 12. C'mon EA Tiburon step up your game.

SmoothPancakes
07-09-2012, 02:25 PM
Ah. Looks more like a "I gotta poop" than a stumble to me. Perhaps it should be renamed to reflect the animation more accurately?

Well, sometimes, if you fail to take that pre-game dump while sitting in the locker room, you do get hit with that "I gotta poop" at times during the game. Trust me, I know. :D

JBHuskers
07-09-2012, 03:09 PM
Well, sometimes, if you fail to take that pre-game dump while sitting in the locker room, you do get hit with that "I gotta poop" at times during the game. Trust me, I know. :D

Just gotta hope you're not wearing white pants.

Deuce
07-09-2012, 03:13 PM
A friend of mine had a stomach virus in 8th grade football. He was forever known as 'puddin britches' after that. :D

SmoothPancakes
07-09-2012, 03:17 PM
Just gotta hope you're not wearing white pants.

Well, it wasn't white, but it wouldn't have been too much better for me. Home pants were golden yellow, away pants were a light blue variation.

A friend of mine had a stomach virus in 8th grade football. He was forever known as 'puddin britches' after that. :D

:D That is funny.

oweb26
07-09-2012, 03:31 PM
In addition to what's listed, 4-man pass rush isn't getting home quick enough. I've been playing with Texas who has 2 90+ DE's and I must bring pressure to get anyone home. I can upload coaches video of the 2008 and 2009 Alabama teams so everyone can see how quickly they get to the QB with just 4 rushers, right now NCAA isn't anywhere in the ball park.

I can agree with this, the pass rush is still very much so hit or miss (mostly a miss) when it comes to time allowed for the QM to throw the ball.

MrToo Brand New
07-09-2012, 03:42 PM
I agree the pass rush is very hit or miss. However, the man coverage is outstanding. I love how this is a defensive heavy game. It makes online ranked matches much better.

jwallace0317
07-10-2012, 10:19 AM
I'm not sure if this is the same thing as the "defender stumble" noted by gschwendt regarding zone coverage, but there's a turn-hips-toward-the-sideline-and-stutter-step-a-few-times thing that happens when a defender is in man coverage as well, vs. running plays. Try Man 2 in any 4-3 defense against an inside running play out of the I-formation. One or both of the linebackers (who, if it was a pass, would be assigned to the HB and FB) will do that wacky turn the hips and take a crap technique before then deciding to pursue the ballcarrier running through the gap.

I believe it was already noted that 4 verts is supposed to slaughter Cover 2 zone coverage, so I don't have a problem with that....but what I'm finding is that most slot vertical routes are more dangerous than they should be. Example: in a hitch seam play in a 2x2 formation (outside WR's running hitches, inside receivers running streaks), the inside receivers should be challenged deep against Cover 3 (3 deep defenders vs. 2 deep receivers), but right now they're not. Another example: try Cover 3 vs. Flood play out of Trips, and hot route the inside receiver to a streak (so, only the inside receiver and outside receiver to the same side are going deep). Again, vs. Cover 3 it shouldn't be an easy throw to the inside streak, but it is.

Just overall feels like the "read and react" code has neutered the safeties on deep balls. Yes, I just used neutered and balls in the same sentence, lol.

Dr Death
07-10-2012, 01:52 PM
I'll mention this again just to get it in this thread, but pursuit angles - once highly touted as being "in the game" - have gone to hell. Defenders take absolutely horrible pursuit angles, allowing RB's to just run free. :fp:

beartide06
07-10-2012, 03:19 PM
I'll mention this again just to get it in this thread, but pursuit angles - once highly touted as being "in the game" - have gone to hell. Defenders take absolutely horrible pursuit angles, allowing RB's to just run free. :fp:

I'll follow this is up as well. I actually noticed some bad pursuit angles in the demo as a matter of fact. Also, in the early release game, I noticed stats were showed all on one page, which was quite nice. However, on the retail disc, you are required to scroll over to see the rest of your stats. Not sure why this would be the case. May have to do something with it being on an actual disc.

Koach Vonner
07-10-2012, 03:23 PM
Pulling olinemen need to take the first" threat". Sometimes they run right past the guy. FB's too for that matter.

PeteyKirch
07-10-2012, 03:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKQBoyf27ns

Awkward catching animation ahoy.

souljahbill
07-10-2012, 03:33 PM
Pulling olinemen need to take the first" threat". Sometimes they run right past the guy. FB's too for that matter.

Yeah, they do it ALL THE TIME! Let the LB 1 ft. away come through freely to get the safety 15 yds. up the field. So many of my runs have been stopped before they started due to blockers blocking all the wrong people or when they do block the right person, push the defender right into my running lane.

jolson88
07-10-2012, 04:41 PM
Yeah, they do it ALL THE TIME! Let the LB 1 ft. away come through freely to get the safety 15 yds. up the field. So many of my runs have been stopped before they started due to blockers blocking all the wrong people or when they do block the right person, push the defender right into my running lane.

+1. I hate this. Another one for me is that when blockers that are down the field don't keep running forward. There's been several times now that I break through and only have the safety to beat for a touchdown, I have a blocker in front of me (a fat lineman, usually), and all the sudden he stops running forward! What the heck is that about? Come on, keep on running and block the guy right in front of you :).

Dr Death
07-10-2012, 05:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKQBoyf27ns

Awkward catching animation ahoy.

I don't know what's worse in that video - the "catch" or the field! Is :Rutgers: field really that weird looking??? Green and white patches??? Seriously???

souljahbill
07-10-2012, 06:44 PM
Has anyone else gotten this weird glitch where some offensive player suddenly go super slo-mo, moving in a very "frame-y" matter? It's happened to me 3 times now (PS3). I'm not sure what causes it but for the rest of the game, there's always 1 player that takes forever to get to the LoS, and after every play, freezes in place.

PeteyKirch
07-10-2012, 06:56 PM
I don't know what's worse in that video - the "catch" or the field! Is :Rutgers: field really that weird looking??? Green and white patches??? Seriously???

Yeah they don't know how to make grass appear dark green, and then just like a light green.

The dark green looks fine, while the light green looks washed out and white.

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6180/6178948875_b9ffe30ebb.jpg

chromeatari
07-11-2012, 08:01 AM
Speaking on my only real complaints, then moving on & ballin!

1) Defenders engaged at the line is much different, MUCH!!!! Painfully noticeable is that defensive linemen are not getting off blocks as they did in '12. Well, I know Brandon Jenkins isn't at least. So safe to say it's a global thing when a guy like Jenkins getting man handled by Kentucky's tackles on both sides of line. Uh yeah that tells me something has changed drastically from last year. Overall it may not be a bad thing making it this more difficult but perhaps EA went too far here.
2) Also can I bitch about NO MORE CUSTOMIZED CONTROLLER BUTTONS!!! This is something that either effects you big time or not at all I guess. Anyone else have opinion here?

Oh the opening sequence is stupid!!! It's NCAA 13 not "Award Winning individual players 13"

souljahbill
07-11-2012, 08:40 AM
1) Defenders engaged at the line is much different, MUCH!!!! Painfully noticeable is that defensive linemen are not getting off blocks as they did in '12. Well, I know Brandon Jenkins isn't at least. So safe to say it's a global thing when a guy like Jenkins getting man handled by Kentucky's tackles on both sides of line. Uh yeah that tells me something has changed drastically from last year. Overall it may not be a bad thing making it this more difficult but perhaps EA went too far here.

Yeah, DTs don't get through like they used to but LBs come through with no problem because no one attempts to block them. Gotta get that safety 15 yds. away.

Sinister
07-11-2012, 09:14 AM
i moved my pass coverage slider to 55 and play on heisman don't see too much with safety ..actually getting some pretty awesome ints by safety coming across field. but my line not making blocks downfield is a problem, like many said you and one defender and you have a block and this jack wagon turns and blocks someone else or just stops all together. pulling lineman don't hit first guy it sees. one minor grip is the way running backs hold ball. their arm is weird ball pretty much at thigh. then other times its right position

tko27
07-11-2012, 09:14 AM
I was playing last night and noticed three things:
1) When playing on Very Slow it seems like the delays in QB movement on read option plays are back. My QB seemed to be moving in quicksand after a fake handoff and it's something that I haven't seen on Slow or Normal speed.
2) WR's also had issues catching on the run on Very Slow. I saw some animations that killed passing in '12 and other previous versions where the WR's essentially stop or lose all momentum when making a catch. I have a feeling these two issues are problems with the game speed itself maybe not knowing how to create the same momentum catches and movements on such a slow setting.
3) Starting randomly in the 2nd quarter my DBs would come out of every huddle and proceed to drop back 25 yards or so off the line of scrimmage much like they do in a prevent situation without me telling them to. My coverage was not set to conservative and it happened on all defensive types (man, zone, cover 2, 3, etc.). I had to press 'triangle, down' to get them to come back into the play but then was forced to play bump coverage on every single play for the rest of the game. Not good.

baseballplyrmvp
07-11-2012, 09:49 AM
tommy, i had an issue last night regarding who the cb covered on one play. i was playing as :USC: vs cal, and on one play in the second quarter, the cal corner, who was lined up over USC wr #2 (robert woods), chose to cover the te instead of wr #2.

i was in ace big twins in the USC playbook, with the play call of curl flats. cal was in their 34 defense. i cant remember exactly what the play was, but i believe it was a cover 1 play. i was on the right hash, with both wr's lined up to the right as well (short side of the field). woods (wr #2) was the outside wr, and had a corner lined up directly over the top of him. when the ball was snapped, that corner left woods and went to cover my te running a drag (hot routed). this left woods uncovered.

after i get home from work today, i'll see if i can duplicate this and upload a vid of it to easw.

jwallace0317
07-11-2012, 09:51 AM
Has anyone done any two-controller labbing in a play now game context (I usually turn play clock off), as opposed to practice mode? For whatever reason, it feels like offense is easier and defense is dumber in practice mode, even though I've had both practice mode and play now on All-American.

Tarhead10
07-11-2012, 02:37 PM
Also dont know if its been mentioned yet, but when QB pitches ball on option and RB doesnt get it, it should be a live ball... However its ruled dead, and its not ruled a fumble...:confused:

IBI
07-11-2012, 02:58 PM
Also dont know if its been mentioned yet, but when QB pitches ball on option and RB doesnt get it, it should be a live ball... However its ruled dead, and its not ruled a fumble...:confused:Every time? Or just when it's pitched forward?

Tarhead10
07-11-2012, 03:20 PM
Every time? Or just when it's pitched forward?

Nah just when its thrown behind... had one yesterday where the ball was pitched and RB was hit and ball when behind.. Nobody goes after it...

souljahbill
07-11-2012, 05:38 PM
Is there anyway to get rid of the CPU totally changing its defense when you use a formation audible? There's no point to calling it if the computer totally rearranges itself even though no one on your team moves.

TheShockDoctor
07-11-2012, 08:05 PM
One of my biggest gameplay gripes is getting stuck on your own blockers while trying to run the ball. I don't mind that it happens initially but I run up behind a guard or tackle only to get stuck and not be able to run out of it until I break a tackle or get tackled.

souljahbill
07-11-2012, 08:13 PM
One of my biggest gameplay gripes is getting stuck on your own blockers while trying to run the ball. I don't mind that it happens initially but I run up behind a guard or tackle only to get stuck and not be able to run out of it until I break a tackle or get tackled.

I second that emotion

souljahbill
07-11-2012, 09:35 PM
So, I realize that the computer "learns" your plays if you keep calling it but what I'm seeing, while playing in practice mode, is that the computer goes all Tecmo Bowl, which doesn't seem right. Watching the replays, the second the ball is snapped, 8 or 9 guys run INSTANTLY towards the backfield in the direction of the play. There is no reading and reacting.

AustinWolv
07-11-2012, 09:52 PM
Since when could you run through people in real life? If the OL is on the ground, hurdle him and go. If you are stuck on him, juke by or slip by....

ryby6969
07-11-2012, 10:16 PM
Since when could you run through people in real life? If the OL is on the ground, hurdle him and go. If you are stuck on him, juke by or slip by....

You cannot because it is like you are glued to him. There is no "get skinny" animation to get through the hole, so you just stick to your blocker until the defense tackles you. It is actually quite bad. Just experienced it myself.

souljahbill
07-11-2012, 10:41 PM
You cannot because it is like you are glued to him. There is no "get skinny" animation to get through the hole, so you just stick to your blocker until the defense tackles you. It is actually quite bad. Just experienced it myself.

I second this too. When the o-line F's up (which WILL happen), you'll end up running into the back of one of these morons and basically run in place until tackled.

TheShockDoctor
07-11-2012, 11:16 PM
Believe me, if I could I would. But like others have said above me...you can't.

AustinWolv
07-12-2012, 01:50 AM
Just turn to the side a little bit where there is an opening and you'll go by him. I just did it a couple times in offline dynasty games. I think I know what you are saying about getting stuck behind the OL for a touch, but not really seeing stuck to them.

ryby6969
07-12-2012, 08:14 AM
Well you get stuck for just a second when there is a hole there and by the time you get "unstuck" from your OL you are getting tackled or the hole is gone. It really is frustrating and is making it easier to run from the shotgun rather than a "Power" run game IMO. I hope they can tweak this somehow because it is very frustrating at the moment.

TheShockDoctor
07-12-2012, 08:54 AM
Just turn to the side a little bit where there is an opening and you'll go by him. I just did it a couple times in offline dynasty games. I think I know what you are saying about getting stuck behind the OL for a touch, but not really seeing stuck to them.
Yea I was just able to get around them a few times, I still don't like the frequency at which it happens though. I've never really had this problem before.

skipwondah33
07-12-2012, 09:09 AM
Well you get stuck for just a second when there is a hole there and by the time you get "unstuck" from your OL you are getting tackled or the hole is gone. It really is frustrating and is making it easier to run from the shotgun rather than a "Power" run game IMO. I hope they can tweak this somehow because it is very frustrating at the moment.+1

Gotmadskillzson
07-12-2012, 12:42 PM
Mario running needs to be addressed. I see it happen a few times a game, every game name. The CPU ball carrier will run into the back side of the offensive lineman and continue to run in place until he is either tackled or the offensive lineman falls down or steps to the side. It is highly annoying because it kills drives when it happens on 3rd down. And the worse part of it is that it be wide open lanes to the left and to the right of the ball carrier but yet he continues running in place trying to run through his offensive lineman.

The suction blocking between offensive tackles and defensive ends needs to be addressed as well. I seen it way too many times now the defensive end would make it passed the offensive tackle but then get sucked back into him. The defensive end would have a clear shot at the QB but does a 180 and get pulled back in the offensive tackle that he already beat.

Finally....the CPU QB need to do a much better job at using all the 25 new passing trajectories. I intercepted way too many WR screens because the QB don't throw it over the DB, instead he throws a straight line flat bullet directly into the DB hands. And other times when it comes to just regular HB screens, the QB hold on to the ball way too long and ends up getting sacked way too often.

Keontez
07-13-2012, 12:32 PM
Option and run blocking for the undercenter option and flexbone plays.
- WB Dive is supposed to be a inside run with the Bback acting as the lead blocker... Bback takes a wide angle as if it is a off tackle run
- Midline QB Iso, interior run blocking is jacked.
- to add to the point above OL double team for too long and no one blocks the second level, feels like I'm playing '10 again before the improved blocking was added. This is on option runs and regular runs from the Flexbone.

JeffHCross
07-13-2012, 09:13 PM
1) On a 3rd and 5, HB Iso, my three blockers had no one in front of them to block (even downfield), and instead of clearing a lane, they all stopped and turned around in the hole, blocking my way. http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/126051905

2) I took a picture of this, but apparently it didn't save. On a no-huddle play, my LT lined up, it appeared, where I had dropped the ball after the previous play, but not the actual LOS. So he was 3 yards downfield (and 1 or 2 yards in the endzone) at the snap of the ball. On the upside, it was recognized as a false start ...

-Cover 2 Safeties from the hash... the short-side Safety lines up too wide and then drops even wider, essentially playing a quarters defenseEven in the middle of the field, Cover 2 safeties are getting way, way, way too wide. It was on Varsity (Heisman Challenge), so take with a grain of salt, but I saw numerous times where both safeties were out to the numbers while my HB was running straight up the gut.

Is there anyway to get rid of the CPU totally changing its defense when you use a formation audible? There's no point to calling it if the computer totally rearranges itself even though no one on your team moves.Not sure if this has changed from past years, but in past years the defense wasn't always (or even usually) changing its defense. They were just resetting the play (like calling Audible -> Original) without the pre-snap movement/animations that play. Like safeties adjusting and that stuff. The play itself wasn't actually changing.

ram29jackson
07-14-2012, 03:57 AM
online head to head- I ran into that thing tonight where the receiver hot route choices stay on the screen before the play..and you cant make it go away..but i think it was oly there for a few plays? it was Texas at Alabama

Jayrah
07-14-2012, 09:40 AM
2 Issues:

1: I do not think this is a rule, but it has happened twice so it is a glitch (or an incorrect application really). On any kick (fg or XP) with a holder, if you can get through the line and dive any touch the holder before the kick is gone the play will immediately be blown dead. By that I mean even if the ball goes through the uprights on a successful kick (which it did the 2 times I accomplished getting to the holder), the kick will not count because the play has been ruled to be over. I believe the rule is that if you hit a kicker OR holder without you or someone on the defense successfully blocking or deflecting the kick, it is a personal foul roughing penalty and the kick will count if it goes through. If that is the case all "roughing the kicker" penalties and applications are followed accordingly. In this game that rule doesn't exist.

2: Pass trajectory is woefully low and inside on out routes, allowing all cbs and defenders within 5 yards of a receiver to make easy interceptions, even when they have been beat on the route. I like all other throws to this point, but a user out route (especially on Heisman) gets picked probably 40% of the time and knocked down another 30%.

Rudy
07-14-2012, 10:13 AM
2 Issues:

2: Pass trajectory is woefully low and inside on out routes, allowing all cbs and defenders within 5 yards of a receiver to make easy interceptions, even when they have been beat on the route. I like all other throws to this point, but a user out route (especially on Heisman) gets picked probably 40% of the time and knocked down another 30%.

I've seen this some times and not on others but when it happens it's very annoying! I don't think I should have to lead them that much myself.

Jayrah
07-14-2012, 10:28 AM
1) On a 3rd and 5, HB Iso, my three blockers had no one in front of them to block (even downfield), and instead of clearing a lane, they all stopped and turned around in the hole, blocking my way. http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/126051905

2) I took a picture of this, but apparently it didn't save. On a no-huddle play, my LT lined up, it appeared, where I had dropped the ball after the previous play, but not the actual LOS. So he was 3 yards downfield (and 1 or 2 yards in the endzone) at the snap of the ball. On the upside, it was recognized as a false start ...

Even in the middle of the field, Cover 2 safeties are getting way, way, way too wide. It was on Varsity (Heisman Challenge), so take with a grain of salt, but I saw numerous times where both safeties were out to the numbers while my HB was running straight up the gut.

Not sure if this has changed from past years, but in past years the defense wasn't always (or even usually) changing its defense. They were just resetting the play (like calling Audible -> Original) without the pre-snap movement/animations that play. Like safeties adjusting and that stuff. The play itself wasn't actually changing.I had the first issue happen with my TE on the right side earlier as well.

Safeties get way too wide and then do not react to anything over the middle of the field in most cases. I noticed this as well.

Rudy
07-14-2012, 11:43 AM
In both NCAA and Madden the safeties worry too much about the sidelines.

ram29jackson
07-14-2012, 12:40 PM
In both NCAA and Madden the safeties worry too much about the sidelines.

the middle has always been open for years, the MLB and the safeties

never stay home/in position long enough

JeffHCross
07-14-2012, 03:40 PM
Not as open as it is this year. You could drive a fire truck through it this year.

baseballplyrmvp
07-14-2012, 06:27 PM
reblitzing d-linemen still makes the game think you're trying to jump the snap,

JeffHCross
07-14-2012, 08:10 PM
reblitzing d-linemen still makes the game think you're trying to jump the snap,There were some, when the demo was all we had, that disputed that. It led to quite a conversation :D

Similarly though, choosing the R-Stick DOWN Formation Audible (Run) results in the QB trying to quiet the crowd.

ram29jackson
07-14-2012, 08:20 PM

There were some, when the demo was all we had, that disputed that. It led to quite a conversation :D

Similarly though, choosing the R-Stick DOWN Formation Audible (Run) results in the QB trying to quiet the crowd.

there is no question, it happens all the time. ..and I hate the QB problem as well

JeffHCross
07-14-2012, 09:09 PM
I'll admit, I tried it during the demo and couldn't get it to recreate. Dunno what I was doing differently though.

Kingpin32
07-15-2012, 01:06 AM
I had this weird glitch occur while playing a dynasty game against Michigan. Basically when I was offense, my guard would move very slowly. Like how a dial up line chugs along and when the play is over he just freezes in his position. Same thing on defense, except it was with my safety. And they both moved slow the entire play. Almost cost me the game. I don't know exactly when it started happening though.

souljahbill
07-15-2012, 04:13 AM
I had this weird glitch occur while playing a dynasty game against Michigan. Basically when I was offense, my guard would move very slowly. Like how a dial up line chugs along and when the play is over he just freezes in his position. Same thing on defense, except it was with my safety. And they both moved slow the entire play. Almost cost me the game. I don't know exactly when it started happening though.

Ah, you've been hit with the slo-mo glitch as well. Apparently, it's a common problem. I've been hit with it multiple times and I cut it off once it hits because it makes the game unplayable.

Jayrah
07-15-2012, 12:26 PM
there is no question, it happens all the time. ..and I hate the QB problem as well
I agree. It's not debatable. Happened last season too.

trioptionGator
07-15-2012, 12:29 PM
One issue I just noticed today is the WB Toss plays out of the Flexbone formations where a wingback goes in motion and catches a pitch from the quarterback. The issue is that the quarterback throws the pitch so that the when the wingback catches it, he is heading straight for the line (and usually right toward a defender) as opposed to out toward the sideline. It also looks like in the pre-snap animation the wingback stutter-steps as he is executing the "arc" motion.

I've noticed this problem out of multiple formations playing on Heisman, but the odd thing is that I can not reproduce the error 100% of the time. Sometimes the pitch is executed correctly, and I have no idea what's triggering the problem.

In any case, it's a pretty big disappointment for a flexbone enthusiast (and GT alum) such as myself. Is anyone else noticing this? Is there anything to be done about it?

baseballplyrmvp
07-15-2012, 12:41 PM
anyone think that the run game for both cpu and humans is a lot better only because they toned down the reaction time of defenses?

for instance, in my offline dynasty game just now, on a hb iso out of i twins flex, i came out in a 4-3 under (, and after getting the handoff, the cpu rb made it to the line of scrimmage before my mlb even moved (i was playing as the rolb, in this case.

even on draws, it takes at least a good 3 seconds after the rb has the ball, before anyone on defense even makes a move towards the rb. they just keep dropping back into coverage, on both man and zone defenses.

there also seems to be a bug that causes the corner on the right side of the field to want to cover another receiver, even though he's lined up over top of the #1 receiver.

JeffHCross
07-15-2012, 12:44 PM
TriOption, are you using the same HB every time? On NCAA 11 that pre-snap motion seemed to be somewhat influenced by the ACC/SPD of the HB running the motion. I had one player that was very, very fast, and the toss was basically into the next county.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/63919259

anyone think that the run game for both cpu and humans is a lot better only because they toned down the reaction time of defenses?I catch myself thinking that, then on the next play the defense (even on Varsity!!!!) reacts like old-school Tecmo Bowl when they've picked your play. I can't figure out the pattern. It's like some plays are instant reaction, and others aren't.

Take the two QB Power plays that were in the demo, for example. One was Shotgun Y-Trips and the other was Shotgun Normal Y-Slot. The Y-Trips is consistently blown up, while the Normal Y-Slot is consistently open. Makes no freaking sense.

trioptionGator
07-15-2012, 12:57 PM
TriOption, are you using the same HB every time? On NCAA 11 that pre-snap motion seemed to be somewhat influenced by the ACC/SPD of the HB running the motion. I had one player that was very, very fast, and the toss was basically into the next county.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/63919259

I have tried this with multiple HBs with 90+ SPD and AGI. I've been testing the Flexbone in practice mode this afternoon, and I've got the toss to the point where it's not totally unusable. If you lean on the left stick (360) in the direction of the run when the toss animation is taking place, the player will continue heading outside after a brief stutter-step towards the line. I can get a big play out of it when the defensive alignment is right and I get the blocks. Not perfect. Annoying. But not a killer.

The bigger issue I'm having now is cut blocks seem to be non-existent. This is a slight problem in terms of visual realism, but it's a bigger problem when a linebacker that would have been on the ground in NCAA 12 runs me down from behind in NCAA 13 after being blocked above the waist.

Is anyone else noticing that?

souljahbill
07-15-2012, 01:09 PM
I'm playing VA Tech vs. VA and the blocking is so bad in this game that I'm making bootleg videos with my iPhone. Here's the 1st. Watch the TE on the right side run past a LB to go to the safety behind him. Also watch the WR on the right side run past a safety or a corner (not sure what he is) and not try to block on a designed run play.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-o7cDzD6jM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

souljahbill
07-15-2012, 01:21 PM
anyone think that the run game for both cpu and humans is a lot better only because they toned down the reaction time of defenses?

Coming from someone who was/is a run first guy in NCAA 12/13, I think running is significantly worse. Blocking was a lot better in 12 so it compensated for the defense knowing your play. Now the offense is derpy-derp when run blocking.

baseballplyrmvp
07-15-2012, 01:30 PM
Coming from someone who was/is a run first guy in NCAA 12/13, I think running is significantly worse. Blocking was a lot better in 12 so it compensated for the defense knowing your play. Now the offense is derpy-derp when run blocking.

blocking was better on 12 as far as who was picked up, but the user team's defense is handicapped by continuing to drop into pass coverage a good 3 seconds after the rb gets the ball.

on another note, player switching logic is terrible.

souljahbill
07-15-2012, 01:31 PM
Here's another example of derpy-derp blocking. I'm trying to run a read option and the LT, LG, C, AND FB let the DT through, unbothered, for an EASY loss.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW6mjMyBcoM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

JeffHCross
07-15-2012, 01:40 PM
Bill, are those consistent and reproducable? If it was a one-off, I'd begin to wonder if there's some low-AWR random screw-ups at play. If it's consistent for a given play, that's really bad.

souljahbill
07-15-2012, 01:45 PM
Bill, are those consistent and reproducable? If it was a one-off, I'd begin to wonder if there's some low-AWR random screw-ups at play. If it's consistent for a given play, that's really bad.

I could try calling the same plays over and over but 1) there's no way of putting the CPU in the same defense, down/distance, etc. to replicate the situation and 2) once you call a play a few times, the CPU goes "Tecmo Bowl" on the play and shuts it down before it even starts.

JeffHCross
07-15-2012, 01:46 PM
I was thinking in Practice Mode, if you care to take the time.

souljahbill
07-15-2012, 02:00 PM
I was thinking in Practice Mode, if you care to take the time.

I'll see what I can do.

While we're here, where is the RG going? He ran past the hole!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82EEK7VVag4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

souljahbill
07-15-2012, 02:20 PM
HB behind the QB is suppose to lead block through the hole. Instead of attempting to block the LB standing in the hole, the HB runs right past him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mckwIAzZpM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Note that all of these videos are from the same game (I'm actually still playing as I type this). Even if all these bad plays were 1 off-shoots, it's remarkably incredible that I have so many in just one game playing with a highly rated VA Tech team.

Kingpin32
07-15-2012, 11:07 PM
Another weird thing just happened. I'm playing against Tulsa in my OD. They scored a touchdown, but they missed the extra point. But I'm now kicking the ball off to them.

JeffHCross
07-15-2012, 11:08 PM
By chance did they miss the XP by hitting the upright? And one of your guys caught it on the way down?

Kingpin32
07-15-2012, 11:12 PM
By chance did they miss the XP by hitting the upright? And one of your guys caught it on the way down?

It didn't touch an upright, but I'm unsure if it touched a player.

JeffHCross
07-15-2012, 11:25 PM
Hm. The only time I've seen that in years passed was a FG that hit an upright and was caught by a player on the defensive team. Never seen it on XP. I did once cause it by fumbling the ball out of bounds on a 2 pt attempt ....

ram29jackson
07-16-2012, 01:13 AM
weird online issue... I played a guy and lost,when game was over I saw the usual end of game stuff but he was still in game on the field..it didnt finish... I was Tenn., he was Iowa. Its his video he made psn is The_problem01

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk03DyFfx2k&feature=g-all-u

JeffHCross
07-16-2012, 09:42 PM
Pitches that are deflected continue to be ruled as incompletions, even if they're 5+ yards downfield. The pitch did appear to go horizontally, but I have no idea why it would do that, since the HB was a few steps behind.

Look for the video on: http://www.easports.com/dynasty/sharestory?dyid=9461&storyid=126891479&sku=421A0001&platform=PS3

Sinister
07-16-2012, 10:42 PM

i read the manual .. it says if you just press down on right stick it makes your player jump the snap . the issue is that it doesn't always recognize the audible in menu ..its stupid same thing happens to me all the time

JeffHCross
07-17-2012, 08:22 PM
the issue is that it doesn't always recognize the audible in menu ..its stupid same thing happens to me all the timeNot exactly. I believe the issue is that the audible screen doesn't solely capture the Right-Stick movements. It's why Formation Audibles can result in the QB trying to quiet the crowd (Formation Audible Run) or the defense trying to hype them up (Cover 2, I believe). None of these situations should happen ... if the Audible (or Hot Route) screen is up, all relevant input should be captured by that screen, and not transfer to the player.

JeffHCross
07-17-2012, 08:25 PM
Brain-dead Option defenders
-Defenders stop dead in their tracks and don't pursue the option, generally against a pitch relationship and most easily tested with I-Form Tight Load Option flipped (run to weak side)FWIW, I saw this plenty if my game last night versus Ohio in the PH OD. It's not just traditional Option that it effects, it also effects Read Options (though to a lesser extent). I also think this is why, on the few times that the EMOL crashes down toward my HB, my QB is able to race for daylight and no one comes to tackle him until he's way past the line. Meanwhile, if I hand it off (even with EMOL staying home), the defense reacts and crashes down quickly. There's a lot of funky things going on with Option defense.

PeteyKirch
07-19-2012, 06:47 PM
Had this awkward glitch occur in my last play now game.

I'm on defense, force a fumble, recover, but it's overturned. Next play my defense comes out, except in it's place it's my entire starting Offense...playing Defense...

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z429/whats_a_rutgizz/glitch.jpg

CLW
07-19-2012, 06:49 PM
Had this awkward glitch occur in my last play now game.

I'm on defense, force a fumble, recover, but it's overturned. Next play my defense comes out, except in it's place it's my entire starting Offense...playing Defense...

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z429/whats_a_rutgizz/glitch.jpg

Refusing to leave the field after a bad call. If it's in the game.....

souljahbill
07-19-2012, 06:56 PM
Where are you going #35?!?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qhjJ2ZyhWM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

AustinWolv
07-19-2012, 08:47 PM
Where are you going #35?!?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qhjJ2ZyhWM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I don't bother running load options and such because of stuff like this. They get blown up.

JeffHCross
07-19-2012, 09:19 PM
Outside seal blocking, even when the offensive player engages, is really poor this year.

baseballplyrmvp
07-21-2012, 11:42 AM
Outside seal blocking, even when the offensive player engages, is really poor this year.

suction blocking seems to have returned to the game. i can be heading right for the ball carrier and then i get pulled into a block from a guy behind me. (with default sliders on heisman)

PeteyKirch
07-21-2012, 04:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDAfs8p8hSU

Ugh cannot stand the awful Mario running.

Damn Oregon State QB (CPU) just running in place for what seems to be an eternity.

JeffHCross
07-31-2012, 11:39 PM
i read the manual .. it says if you just press down on right stick it makes your player jump the snap . the issue is that it doesn't always recognize the audible in menu ..its stupid same thing happens to me all the time

Not exactly. I believe the issue is that the audible screen doesn't solely capture the Right-Stick movements. It's why Formation Audibles can result in the QB trying to quiet the crowd (Formation Audible Run) or the defense trying to hype them up (Cover 2, I believe). None of these situations should happen ... if the Audible (or Hot Route) screen is up, all relevant input should be captured by that screen, and not transfer to the player.
Cost me a nice five yards and some major momentum tonight. I was trying to Audible to a "Blitz" formation audible, and instead found my defensive linemen jumping the snap. What was curious was that the offense wasn't even set yet ... I've never seen a JTS animation that early before.

Lesson learned: When audibling, change to a LB.