PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football 13 - General Impressions Thread

Pages : [1] 2

cdj
07-06-2012, 12:30 PM
Use this thread for general discussion and comments regarding your experience(s) playing NCAA Football 13.

EA SPORTS Season Ticket subscribers will be able to start sharing thoughts July 6.

JBHuskers
07-06-2012, 07:28 PM
Playing with RGIII at Nebraska on Heisman Challenge. It took a few starts, but eventually RGIII became captain, so you'll get to see him with his helmet off at the coin toss. Pretty cool.

SmoothPancakes
07-06-2012, 07:39 PM
My impressions so far, zone is a disaster. Just read G's official impressions thread, read the replies by Outback and Beatn, watch the videos, it'll tell you all you need to know. Playing a throwaway dynasty as Colorado State, playing Colorado right now and I've been burned for a 49 yard TD while calling a zone play, and I've burned the Colorado defense for a 55 yard pass thanks to my receiver running right past two linebackers and a safety while on a streak route with none of them showing any serious attempt to cover. None of them really even seemed to acknowledge the receiver until my QB started to throw the ball.

This MUST be a patch fix by EA, either day one or in the next patch after, but they have got to do something. While it doesn't happen every single time you call zone (I stopped Colorado on a drive, knocking down two passes while calling zone both times), when it does rear it's ugly head, it is both noticeable and a potential killer when you're in the middle of a game.

CLW
07-06-2012, 07:48 PM
My impressions so far, zone is a disaster. Just read G's official impressions thread, read the replies by Outback and Beatn, watch the videos, it'll tell you all you need to know. Playing a throwaway dynasty as Colorado State, playing Colorado right now and I've been burned for a 49 yard TD while calling a zone play, and I've burned the Colorado defense for a 55 yard pass thanks to my receiver running right past two linebackers and a safety while on a streak route with none of them showing any serious attempt to cover. None of them really even seemed to acknowledge the receiver until my QB started to throw the ball.

This MUST be a patch fix by EA, either day one or in the next patch after, but they have got to do something. While it doesn't happen every single time you call zone (I stopped Colorado on a drive, knocking down two passes while calling zone both times), when it does rear it's ugly head, it is both noticeable and a potential killer when you're in the middle of a game.

No way they patch that day 1. Everyone will just have to call man-to-man every play. DEFENSE needs to get #1 seed (and by DEFENSE I mean the ability to just DOMINATE the game with that side of the ball). See the SEC in general.

I LOVED the 1st :Alabama: :LSU: game

SmoothPancakes
07-06-2012, 07:52 PM
No way they patch that day 1. Everyone will just have to call man-to-man every play. DEFENSE needs to get #1 seed (and by DEFENSE I mean the ability to just DOMINATE the game with that side of the ball). See the SEC in general.

I LOVED the 1st :Alabama: :LSU: game

Yeah, I'm not holding out my hope for a day one patch. But they need to seriously work on CPU. I understand there is probably not a lot they are going to do this late in the cycle, with the new consoles coming out within one or two years, but if they choose at all to work on and fix the CPU for the 360/PS3 series, they must put their full attention towards for it NCAA '14. As many dreams and hopes as I have for seeing stuff added to and fleshed out in coaching carousel and custom conferences, and elsewhere in dynasty, I will not complain at all if they devote the overwhelming majority of their time to working on and fixing the CPU for '14. The CPU has been trash, in one area or the game or another, every year now, something has been broken and horrible in each game. They need to get on top of this and fix it and get it actually working correctly.

majesty95
07-07-2012, 05:54 AM
This is the third impression I'm posting, one on each of the major forums, and each is a little different the more I play.

My feeling right now is that the game is almost unplayable to me. I know it is excessive and fatigue and the emotion of the last game are facoting in but...The defense is just so bad and so predictable that I can't envision myself enjoying this for 12 months like I did with 12.

I had my QB scramble, looking backwards towards the oppositie endzone, spin and throw while spinning and complete a pass just off the ground to a WR it wasn't intended for. The end result would have been ok had the QB not started throwing with his back to the receiver.

I'm still having trouble with precision passing although I think I am getting better at finsing the right "touch". However, interceptions are high, some due to the receiver being missed by 5+ yards. Maybe that can be fixed with sliders, but its alarming. Also, drops seem a little high.

Most of my time has been played running the no huddle spread/air raid so I can't comment much on the run game. However, running no huddle is wonky. Sometimes you have to hit the no huddle button several times to get out of the animation. It really throws off the flow of the game.

The defense playing 10 yards off when in man coverage is unexcusable, forcing you to have to run bump almost exclusively. If not, the curl and slant are easily abused.

The playbooks are also pretty bad. I know the easy retort is, use custom playbooks. However, with all of the freezing issues we had in our ODs I'm scared to death to use them. Plus, with the defense being as bad as it is, I feel custom playbooks will just allow players to have every cheese play there is in their book. The default offensive playbooks just seem like the same six plays or so over and over out of different formations. Maybe I'm spoiled by my custom playbook from last year but they seem bland, boring and predictable.

As far as defensive playbooks, the standard nickel and dimes are so easily run on if not blitzing that they are almost unusable against a balanced user. I haven't tested this, but I feel like the LBs and DBs bail hard on most pass defenses (without pass commit) and it gives the offense a big head start when running, especially on draws.

I know its still early and my opinion has already change several times. However, I'm very concerned with the defensive issues (DBs running away on option plays, standing and watching receptions, bailing on run plays, 10 yard cushions, etc). Some of the animations are ridiculous, even going opposite of the "looking for the ball" selling point. Also, the game screens are laggy at times and we have even had the game freeze in the roster edit mode.

Maybe sliders and a very early patch can save it, but I'm growing very worried. I was excited about the possibilities this game brought and there is certainly time for my impression to change. However, right now I would say the chances of me playing this game for more than a month or two (I played NCAA 12 for 12 months straight) are less than 75%. That makes me sad...

skipwondah33
07-07-2012, 10:23 AM
I've played 4 games now and i am getting the impression it is easy to run. And ALOT of Man defense will be ran...even though it still is not difficult to throw against. Zone is attrocious every time I've used it

jaymo76
07-07-2012, 12:35 PM
There is no doubt that there are some concerns, especially with cpu D and zone D in general. However, for me the sky isn't falling. At some point a patch will come out to help with the read and react D and that will greatly improve the D... I hope. People cannot be so surprised as this has been NCAA next gen's track record. Even with the issues, I am still excited about this game. That being said ask me agian tonight after the kids go to bed and I get a ton of games in. Maybe I am not as bothered becuase I have only played one game. The rest of my time was spent putting together a playbook.

Body15
07-07-2012, 12:41 PM
I've played 4 games now and i am getting the impression it is easy to run. And ALOT of Man defense will be ran...even though it still is not difficult to throw against. Zone is attrocious every time I've used it

I have to agree 10,000%

ram29jackson
07-07-2012, 01:05 PM

patch fix ? this sounds like how the game played after the patch last year ? all this time and they cant get the defense to the decent level it was before last years patch?

majesty95
07-07-2012, 04:26 PM
I'm not sure what to think honestly. Last night (albeit after no sleep for 20 hours) the sky was kind of falling. However, I just played and online ranked game and threw 6 picks. So, the defense is a mixed bag.

Sometimes I'm confused and what I thought was man turns out to be zone and a LB drops into space and picks me off. Other times, the defender runs the route in front of my receiver as it "psychic". Then there are the times that the DBs play 10 yards off and you can just slant/curl them to death and the deep cross across the middle is pretty much money vs zone.

Last year it was 90% play zone. This year it seems its going to be 90% play man. I just wish there was some balance.

I also think part of my INT issues are preceision passing related. Not sure if it is just me not having used it enough or a tuning issue but I seem to throw a lot of "lobs" when I really want a touch pass. Many times these get picked off. I'm also finding it almost impossible to lead a receiver to their outside, back shoulder like was advertised. Again, might just be me but it is really frustrating.

On a positive note, the dynamic lighting is very cool and I really like the precision passing when I can get it to work right. The new animations are much better and running to the outside is not as easily exploited.

jaymo76
07-07-2012, 05:25 PM
I just played two additional games. First I was MSU playing at WSU. I won 24-7. I had ZERO sacks and no pressure versus WSU. However, the game was a lot of fun. Then I decided to play two equally match low ranking teams. I played as Rice and I hosted SJSU. Both teams are C across the board. Rice runs a 4-2-5 D and that is what I plan on using this year. Long story short, this is the #1 ranked game with a score of1211 points. Wow! This game was an amazing defensive struggle. I lost 19-16 in OT. At halftime I was up 6-3. In the last two minutes of the game I scored a TD to take the lead 13-10. Then SJSU moved down the field. On 3rd and 1 with 26 seconds left, I stopped them on the goaline. They kick an FG with 3seconds remaining to tie it up. In OT my WR drops two straight passes (both would have been TD's) so I kick the fieldgoal for a 16-13 lead. On SJSU's first play, the QB throws a strike for a TD... and the game ends. What an amazing game! Other than penalties, all sliders were default AA. I ended the game with 9 sacks!!! What an amazing contrast from the first game.

Whatcha
07-07-2012, 05:43 PM
I've played a few games and made a few minor slider tweaks thus far. Pass defense is inconsistent for both the CPU and users. I'm happy with the game, though. I think a tuner update will take care of most of the complaints out there now.

KIDZER0918
07-07-2012, 11:04 PM
is anyone else having problems with the game freezing at the start of a dynasty game?

steelerfan
07-07-2012, 11:08 PM
If you play 2 players vs the cpu, it doesn't show you the cpu's personnel so you have no idea what kind of defense to use or if they're kicking a FG or punting. Sigh.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

gschwendt
07-07-2012, 11:35 PM
is anyone else having problems with the game freezing at the start of a dynasty game?

Not seen it. Dynasty or Online Dynasty? User vs user game or vs cpu? Custom playbooks? Week 1 or when?

geckman
07-08-2012, 12:55 AM
Not seen it. Dynasty or Online Dynasty? User vs user game or vs cpu? Custom playbooks? Week 1 or when?

I had it freeze at game 4 with OU at Texas Tech, with or without custom playbooks, with custom playbooks deleted, on All-American 8 minute qtrs.

I tried about twenty times, then decided to sim it. That worked. Then I tried to re-create my playbooks, it froze again.

I have not had too many problems in the play now other than I was playing head to head vs a couple of buddies and the game would freeze mid play and start back up. Very frustrating so far.

I have now deleted the game off of my hard drive and am trying to re-install.

I can hope that when I get the disc on Tuesday that it doesn't do all this, I have a sneaking feeling that I am going to be very disappointed.

on xbox

Whatcha
07-08-2012, 02:02 AM
I had the freeze issue in an offline dynasty. Tried 3 times before just deleting the file. There were no custom playbooks. Was just standard AF playbook with AF on the road in week 2 vs Michigan.

jaymo76
07-08-2012, 10:55 AM
Absolutely bizzare game last night. I started making some slider tweaks and I wanted to use a fair team versus a weak team and take advantage of the elements. So, I played as Idaho (as the home team)versus ASU (as the visiting team) with the game at Sun Devil Stadium. The game was played at night with heavy wind (25mph) and rain. The final score of the game was 6-0 Idaho. I limited ASU to 68 yards of offense and I was limited to 178 yards of offense. However, for all intents and purposes the game should have gone to OT and ZERO offensive points were scored. I had three safeties against ASU!!! Two were from screens the QB didn't throw and the third was a speed option in the endzone. That is the first time in NCAA FOOTBALL SERIES that I nor the opposition has scored offensive points. ASU played dreadful but in the last drive I upped the CPU RUN BLOCK to 60 and I witnessed some decent runs. The weather totally impacted this game though... it was a blast to play!

souljahbill
07-08-2012, 11:52 AM
Started a fake practice dynasty. Oh my God, setting up the recruiting board is so hard! I ask to show me players who's top 10 I'm in and it came back with 13 players! LOL! So I go about filling up my board to scout and now I hate the randomness of scouting even more. I would literally load my board up with 35 players if I could pick what I choose to scout. As it is now, it takes an entire hour to scout an O-Lineman when I could spend 30 minutes (if 10 minutes=2 categories) to find out what I really want to know. I'm going to go on the GameChangers page and suggest that they take the randomness out of scouting because I feel like I'm wasting time hoping to find out what I want to know and if I don't, then I gotta wait 'til next week to hopefully find out.

cts
07-08-2012, 01:06 PM
I started one with New Mexico ... and I had TWO players with me in their top 10. lol

Body15
07-08-2012, 01:28 PM
The first day I played it was anyone bal game in online play. Now it has gotten where the one with best skill will win the game. Idk if it's just players have adapted or I'm playing to much lol

souljahbill
07-08-2012, 02:51 PM
I hate to sound like a complaining homer but really EA? Damn near every f'n pitch for Southern Miss in dynasty is a D+ or below!!! Our pitches are even worse then last year and we just had nationally ranked conference championship season! Your offices are in Orlando and I'm sure you've been to UCF games so you must know that we're always near the top of C-USA and when we have off years, we're mediocre at worst. No wonder we have no mascot or come out of an imaginary tunnel. We might as well be an FCS school.

Mizzoutiger
07-08-2012, 03:19 PM
Hi what level were you playing AA or Heisman? Also can you give me some idea of the slider tweeks you made.

thanks !!
Absolutely bizzare game last night. I started making some slider tweaks and I wanted to use a fair team versus a weak team and take advantage of the elements. So, I played as Idaho (as the home team)versus ASU (as the visiting team) with the game at Sun Devil Stadium. The game was played at night with heavy wind (25mph) and rain. The final score of the game was 6-0 Idaho. I limited ASU to 68 yards of offense and I was limited to 178 yards of offense. However, for all intents and purposes the game should have gone to OT and ZERO offensive points were scored. I had three safeties against ASU!!! Two were from screens the QB didn't throw and the third was a speed option in the endzone. That is the first time in NCAA FOOTBALL SERIES that I nor the opposition has scored offensive points. ASU played dreadful but in the last drive I upped the CPU RUN BLOCK to 60 and I witnessed some decent runs. The weather totally impacted this game though... it was a blast to play!

CLW
07-08-2012, 03:19 PM
The game plays BAD out of the box but I'm hoping a good slider set and/or ODs make this thing enjoyable. Right now still got the pre-order from Amazon but on the fence if I should just GameFly it instead.

PeteyKirch
07-08-2012, 07:05 PM
Some of these school ratings in Dynasty mode make no sense to me.

Navy at C+ Academics?

:fp:

I don't understand how Rutgers has C for Pro Potential when in the last 5-7 years they've been putting quite a few players in the Pros, and not just bums.

jaymo76
07-09-2012, 12:32 AM
Hi what level were you playing AA or Heisman? Also can you give me some idea of the slider tweeks you made.

thanks !!

I pretty much exclusively play on AA with custom sliders. I posted my most recent NCAA 13 set in Steelerfan slider thread. Please note however that I am not a slider guru. I just play around with things until i like them. My current sliders are far from final but I am having some fun with them right now. Steelerfan is TGT's resident slider expert and he usually has an awesome set.

Mizzoutiger
07-09-2012, 07:00 AM
Thanks!!

Whatcha
07-09-2012, 07:09 AM
So, I've played 3 offline dynasty games, 3 exhibition games, and 4 online games. All games have been on heisman. All have used 7 minute quarters. I'm still not sure what to think. I've successfully mixed in man and zone defenses to shut down offenses. I've also felt paralyzed against the CPU at times due to ineffective defense (despite it being the right call). I haven't been able to spend a lot of time playing and digging deeper, unfortunately. The pregnant gf has taken over my tv. I have enjoyed the games I've played, though. Just gotta figure out what's going on.

oweb26
07-09-2012, 08:59 AM
The game plays BAD out of the box but I'm hoping a good slider set and/or ODs make this thing enjoyable. Right now still got the pre-order from Amazon but on the fence if I should just GameFly it instead.

Well if you havent made up your mind then you got charged this morning. LOL I was also on the fence but I figured I would 60.00 out of it anyway.

jaymo76
07-09-2012, 11:32 AM
Playing with my new slider tweaks, last night I wanted to see how the game would play so I took Idaho to Michigan St. and boom... I lost 34-3. Ugly! MSU hb had 10.9 ypc and my QB's combined to throw 4 pics. MSU had a pic six as well as a punt return for a TD. Also, I played in the fog and this seem to impact the game as well as my WR's had nine drops and MSU recievers had 5.

KIDZER0918
07-09-2012, 01:39 PM
so i downloaded the Season pass version on saturday and i am already in season 2 of my offline dynasty. for the freezing...i think it was a custom playbook thing. i had both O and D custom playbooks selected then when i changed them to Default the game started like normal. Does anyone know if my dynasty will carry over from the Season Pass version to the retail version?

JBHuskers
07-09-2012, 01:43 PM
so i downloaded the Season pass version on saturday and i am already in season 2 of my offline dynasty. for the freezing...i think it was a custom playbook thing. i had both O and D custom playbooks selected then when i changed them to Default the game started like normal. Does anyone know if my dynasty will carry over from the Season Pass version to the retail version?

Yes. Everything carries over.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

CLW
07-09-2012, 01:49 PM
Well if you havent made up your mind then you got charged this morning. LOL I was also on the fence but I figured I would 60.00 out of it anyway.

Man how did you not get it for $45? I thought everyone priced it at $45 this year. I got an e-mail Sunday night saying mine was shipped. Didn't cost me a dime (used Amazon credit) so I got NCAA 13 for $0.00

jaymo76
07-10-2012, 02:49 AM
Just in case there was any doubt that Heisman Challenge is a total joke, I just played against FCS East as Doug Flutie.

36 Completions
44 Attempts
753 Yards
11 Touchdowns!!!

After two games, I have thrown for 1281 yards and 18 touchdowns. This mode is garbage as it currently stands. I most likely won't finish the Heisman season as there is really no purpose. Who wants to have ZERO challenge and just pad your stats week-to-week???

ram29jackson
07-10-2012, 02:56 AM
Just in case there was any doubt that Heisman Challenge is a total joke, I just played against FCS East as Doug Flutie.

36 Completions
44 Attempts
753 Yards
11 Touchdowns!!!

After two games, I have thrown for 1281 yards and 18 touchdowns. This mode is garbage as it currently stands. I most likely won't finish the Heisman season as there is really no purpose. Who wants to have ZERO challenge and just pad your stats week-to-week???

did you change the difficulty?

Rudy
07-10-2012, 03:56 AM

36 Completions
44 Attempts
753 Yards
11 Touchdowns!!!

Steelerfan said there is a house rules section where you can change the difficulty and sliders. Sounds like Varsity is way too easy on this mode.

SmoothPancakes
07-10-2012, 09:05 AM
Steelerfan said there is a house rules section where you can change the difficulty and sliders. Sounds like Varsity is way too easy on this mode.

Well, we are playing with 'roided up 99 (or close to) OVR versions of these guys. Still not very fun of a mode. I already never got out of the HS playoffs in Road to Glory last year in '12, and now I'm expected to play a season with a 'roided up past Heisman winner. I'd much rather put all that time and effort into my dynasty. Looks like I won't be getting 100% achievements for '13 unless I do a Heisman Challenge thing maybe once a month or something. :(

psusnoop
07-10-2012, 09:29 AM
Well no NCAA for me tonight as my game got sent to the wrong facility and won't arrive till tomorrow at the end of the business day. Amazon the best they could do was say sorry and credit my account $5.00 grrrr.

UPS is going to hold the package at the Hub so I can pick it up at 9am tomorrow instead of waiting for delivery. Just glad it's a 5 minute drive up. The real shitty part is my game is about 1hr or less from me right now :fp: in Harrisburg, PA. SOB

oweb26
07-10-2012, 09:42 AM
Man how did you not get it for $45? I thought everyone priced it at $45 this year. I got an e-mail Sunday night saying mine was shipped. Didn't cost me a dime (used Amazon credit) so I got NCAA 13 for $0.00

I got it for 45.00 I pre-ordered months ago when then price first came up. I forgot about that when i was typing the reply.

SmoothPancakes
07-10-2012, 09:46 AM
Well, I was right about where it was coming from. Amazon always ships me stuff from their distribution centers in Indianapolis or Kentucky. Left Indianapolis at 9:32pm last night, got in, through and left Columbus at 4:18am, arrived in town at 7:11 this morning and was on a truck and out for delivery at 7:34. Now just to hope those bastards put me on the early route (1pm) and not the late route (4pm).

I OU a Beatn
07-10-2012, 10:12 AM
Well no NCAA for me tonight as my game got sent to the wrong facility and won't arrive till tomorrow at the end of the business day. Amazon the best they could do was say sorry and credit my account $5.00 grrrr.

UPS is going to hold the package at the Hub so I can pick it up at 9am tomorrow instead of waiting for delivery. Just glad it's a 5 minute drive up. The real shitty part is my game is about 1hr or less from me right now :fp: in Harrisburg, PA. SOB

That's really lame. I never used to have problems with Amazon, but I've had a few delayed shipments and a few really poor packaging jobs the past 2 or 3 months.

psusnoop
07-10-2012, 10:35 AM
That's really lame. I never used to have problems with Amazon, but I've had a few delayed shipments and a few really poor packaging jobs the past 2 or 3 months.

2 of my last 4 shipments through them have been "delayed". I'm not sure what the heck is going on but it's frustrating.

Kingpin32
07-10-2012, 10:37 AM
2 of my last 4 shipments through them have been "delayed". I'm not sure what the heck is going on but it's frustrating.

At my church we were supposed to be getting 2 new desks from Amazon. Both left at the same time, but only one showed up. They overnighted the other desk once we told them we never got it.

AustinWolv
07-10-2012, 10:45 AM
My Amazon copy was out for delivery as of 0738CST this morning. :)

I OU a Beatn
07-10-2012, 11:01 AM
LOL, mine's been sitting on the porch since 10:30 and I didn't even notice.

JBHuskers
07-10-2012, 11:32 AM
LOL, mine's been sitting on the porch since 10:30 and I didn't even notice.

:fp:

:D

ram29jackson
07-10-2012, 11:36 AM
gee whiz, can we get back to other general impressions? LOL

SmoothPancakes
07-10-2012, 11:54 AM
gee whiz, can we get back to other general impressions? LOL

Alright, I've got a general impression. I had this chicken Alfredo dish for lunch today. Goddamn, that was good stuff. Angel hair pasta, very tasty chicken and an Alfredo sauce to die for. :drool:

I OU a Beatn
07-10-2012, 12:06 PM
:D:D:D

Threads are meant to be taken completely off topic. It keeps things interesting.

JBHuskers
07-10-2012, 12:14 PM
Alright, I've got a general impression. I had this chicken Alfredo dish for lunch today. Goddamn, that was good stuff. Angel hair pasta, very tasty chicken and an Alfredo sauce to die for. :drool:

I'll probably pay for these buffalo chicken sliders later.

steelerfan
07-10-2012, 12:34 PM

Fuck that! Drive to Harrisburg!

Whatcha
07-10-2012, 12:36 PM
On another note, played my first ranked game to send off the early release copy last night. Oklahoma state (me) versus marioandretti77 with Notre dame. The game played pretty well and there was no obvious cheddar displayed. He had a 21-7 lead at halftime that disappeared in the second half. The new onside kick is nice (especially when I recover it). I scored two TDs in less than one minute in the 4th to tie the game at 28 and send it to overtime. We traded TDs in the first two overtimes and went to the crucial 3rd OT where 2-pt conversions are now required. I scored and converted to go up 50-42. Made a defensive adjustment to his TE (who killed me in the first half but was pretty quiet after adjustments) and ended up getting a pick 6 to win the game 56-42.

Quick impressions, man and zone defenses can work, but may require some level of care from the user. I rotated between man, zone, and pressure defenses to keep him on his heels in the second half.

7 to 10 yard outs are hard to stop if timed correctly. He hit his WR a couple times on the break and he got separation because of it. Nothing cheesy or glitchy about it. It was just a nice timing pattern and it was good to see that.

A cover 2 defense against a skinny post or seam is career suicide as a defensive coordinator. A good TE and/or slot receiver will eat it alive if the offense recognizes the defense.

psusnoop
07-10-2012, 12:38 PM
Fuck that! Drive to Harrisburg!

The lady I talked to said she couldn't guarantee me that it was there exactly or I would have. Debating with wife about buying it at Walmart here and then returning the Amazon one tomorrow :)

SmoothPancakes
07-10-2012, 12:48 PM

Threads are meant to be taken completely off topic. It keeps things interesting.

Exactly! :D

I'll probably pay for these buffalo chicken sliders later.

What kind? I had some buffalo chicken sliders the other week, god those fucked me up.

JBHuskers
07-10-2012, 12:51 PM
Exactly! :D

What kind? I had some buffalo chicken sliders the other week, god those fucked me up.

The kind from work's cafeteria.

steelerfan
07-10-2012, 12:52 PM
Debating with the Chief Financial Officer about buying it at Walmart here and then returning the Amazon one tomorrow :)

:nod:

SmoothPancakes
07-10-2012, 12:56 PM

:D Now it's correct.

JBHuskers
07-10-2012, 12:59 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/105/262/i%20see%20what%20you%20did%20there%202.png

ram29jackson
07-10-2012, 01:12 PM
well just got it. So, as of right now...3rd time posted..cant find the short version of just the very end :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Bdqgc59jrc&feature=related

psusnoop
07-10-2012, 01:21 PM
Thats great, she isn't buying anything i've thrown out so far :fp:

JBHuskers
07-10-2012, 01:22 PM
Damn CFO anyways.

psusnoop
07-10-2012, 01:22 PM
Damn CFO anyways.

May be a Battlefield kind of night :smh:

GatorfanStovy
07-10-2012, 01:23 PM
Dam wish I wasn't broke for this game. Still playing on Madden 12 grr .

oweb26
07-10-2012, 01:44 PM
Can you not change the control layouts in the game? Are they all locked or am I missing something?

kindella2
07-10-2012, 01:47 PM
Someone else talked about that earlier. That you couldnt change the controls. Goodness EA lets get something right.

ram29jackson
07-10-2012, 01:50 PM
where do I enter my online pass? its not prompting me anywhere to do that ?

gschwendt
07-10-2012, 01:52 PM
where do I enter my online pass? its not prompting me anywhere to do that ?I know during the past week, it's not asked me at all. I imagine they haven't set the requirement for it yet but obviously you'll want to keep your code handy as I'm sure it will be turned on at some point this week.

ram29jackson
07-10-2012, 02:05 PM
I know during the past week, it's not asked me at all. I imagine they haven't set the requirement for it yet but obviously you'll want to keep your code handy as I'm sure it will be turned on at some point this week.

well, someone suggested .. so I went to account management-and- redeem codes and put it in.

I hope that sticks as is. And thanks for responding Gschwendt :)

ram29jackson
07-10-2012, 02:07 PM
I know during the past week, it's not asked me at all. I imagine they haven't set the requirement for it yet but obviously you'll want to keep your code handy as I'm sure it will be turned on at some point this week.

you mean you played online without it ?

gschwendt
07-10-2012, 02:10 PM
you mean you played online without it ?
Correct.

ram29jackson
07-10-2012, 03:39 PM
one thing I dont like to a small degree is all the menue boxes on the opening screens appear smaller. LOL I dont need them to get any smaller

SmoothPancakes
07-10-2012, 03:54 PM
one thing I dont like to a small degree is all the menue boxes on the opening screens appear smaller. LOL I dont need them to get any smaller

What's wrong? Can't read what they say? There are things called glasses. ;) :P

razorback44
07-10-2012, 03:55 PM
Has anyone noticed yet that UAB's stadium isn't in the game this year?

I'm playing a game as them and it's in EA Sports stadium instead of Legion Field so I jumped on teambuilder to see if I had found a glitch and sure enough UAB is not even an option under stadium selection.

ram29jackson
07-10-2012, 05:17 PM
not only are there many catch animations. The receivers in a few instances hold up theyre hands more correctly to catch a ball...at least it looks good.

seems to be some new allusive/break tackle animations for QBs running away from defenders/linemen ?

ram29jackson
07-10-2012, 05:48 PM
I know everyone has to be cool and act disinterested. But I just think its funny/cool that when you first put the game in and connect online it says "Happy Launch Day" on the screen
:)) fun stuff

sl8b
07-10-2012, 06:24 PM
ram, I find it refreshing that you are honest about being excited for this game. My crotch is sore from all the fence riding, but I'm about to get it from the PSN Store.

jaymo76
07-10-2012, 06:28 PM
Well, even though I said I wouldn't do it last night. I decided to finish off the Heisman Challenge as Doug Flutie. Long story short I went 10-2 and won the Champ Sports Bowl 31-21 over ND. I won the Heisman trophy (no ceremony still!!!) and unlocked Doug Flutie for use in RTG (which I don't play). Currently I am in third place with 6870 points. Overall for my career I broke every single season passing record in the NCAA and at Boston College. I threw for a grand total of 6050 yards and 70 TD's.

I honestly don't see ever playing this mode again. All you do is rack up the stats. There is no real challenge or depth. I have no interest in playing as the other heisman winners. The idea had some substance but the implementation of the mode is really lacking. Now if historical teams/rosters/uniforms/stadiums were used, then it would be a different story. Has anoyne else played the mode and finished it? What are your thoughts???

jaymo76
07-10-2012, 06:30 PM
ram, I find it refreshing that you are honest about being excited for this game. My crotch is sore from all the fence riding, but I'm about to get it from the PSN Store.

There is nothing wrong with enjoying this game. If you liked 11 and 12 you will like 13. I personally am really enjoying the game regardless of its flaws and short comings.

SmoothPancakes
07-10-2012, 06:31 PM
Well, even though I said I wouldn't do it last night. I decided to finish off the Heisman Challenge as Doug Flutie. Long story short I went 10-2 and won the Champ Sports Bowl 31-21 over ND. I won the Heisman trophy (no ceremony still!!!) and unlocked Doug Flutie for use in RTG (which I don't play). Currently I am in third place with 6870 points. Overall for my career I broke every single season passing record in the NCAA and at Boston College. I threw for a grand total of 6050 yards and 70 TD's.

I honestly don't see ever playing this mode again. All you do is rack up the stats. There is no real challenge or depth. I have no interest in playing as the other heisman winners. The idea had some substance but the implementation of the mode is really lacking. Now if historical teams/rosters/uniforms/stadiums were used, then it would be a different story. Has anoyne else played the mode and finished it? What are your thoughts???

I played one, RG III, and said fuck it after I won the Heisman, needing to play only two games and sim the entire rest of the season. I'm either going to never touch Heisman Challenge ever again and say fuck it to earning the related achievements, or at most, it's gonna be something I do once a month or every month just to piss away an afternoon. That's it. An absolute goddamn waste of a mode, waste of time, waste of resources and waste of money by EA to develop.

ram29jackson
07-10-2012, 06:42 PM

thanks,

see Smooth,some people like me :D ( braces for smart ass retort I know is coming :D )

I've heard the tuner is the reason you cant user catch on offense or user defend a pass ? But you cant delete the tuner if you want to play online games ?

But its annoying if you have to that helpless against a pass :mad:

SmoothPancakes
07-10-2012, 06:57 PM
Ok, I am majorly fucking freaked out.

I'm going through naming and setting the Alma Maters for OCs in my roster file (already got all the head coaches done), and I just hit a stretch where 5 out of 6 coaches, including 3 coaches in a row, all had the exact Alma Mater selected in game as I have listed in my spreadsheet. The 6th coach, his Alma Mater was NMSU and the game listed Ohio State (damn close) and OC I just did for Duke, the game listed Tulsa and his Alma Mater was Syracuse (again damn close).

And this isn't EA's doing, because these coaches (HC, OC and DC) that I am currently naming and setting Alma Maters for are what all of the HC, OC and DC coaches were in 2014 in my dynasty on NCAA '12, so almost all of the OC and DC coaches aren't even the same at these schools as what the real life coaches are.

That is one hell of a massive fucking coincidence.

souljahbill
07-10-2012, 07:36 PM
I auto-named players in my fake practice dynasty and you guys should check out Clemson's kicker.
http://img.tapatalk.com/63bcbd05-caae-8b53.jpg

Edit: LOL! Check out the ticker as well.

ram29jackson
07-10-2012, 07:40 PM
does he have a brother named M. ?

gigemaggs99
07-10-2012, 10:13 PM
Buddy and I tried to play a ranked game. Last year we'd go to Lobby, then Leaderboards, then L1 over to "Friends" and highlight your friends name and click X to invite to game.

When I tried this tonight it locked up the controller. All we could both do was hit the PS button on our controllers and Quit game, start again and went into the Lobby and just met up there.

Anyone else have this issue?

Maybe this needs to be moved to the correct thread. Mr G can you help me on this one sir?

Thank you,
Gus

ram29jackson
07-11-2012, 03:06 AM
amusing small things..I dont remember seeing it last year? Theres a cut scene of a coach putting his arm around an officials back while chatting a little bit :)

dont really see the point of having motion blur ?

ram29jackson
07-11-2012, 03:51 AM
last year if you scored a TD in Virginia Techs Stadium you could hear the Turkey crow loud and clear..now you cant really hear anything :(

Rudy
07-11-2012, 05:18 AM
I'm reading a lot of people on OS have made the move to Heisman and are much happier. How many guys here have tried it out?

I'm going to see if I can rent the game but with BB out of business, very few Canadian rental stores will carry NCAA Football. They will have a ton of NHL copies to rent along with Madden but NCAA Football is tough. I went to EB Games yesterday at lunch and they had almost no pre-orders (3) total. They had 20 pre-orders for MLB the Show which is PS3 exclusive so that just tells you how it is around here.

jaymo76
07-11-2012, 05:36 AM
After going through all the coaches and renaming them (several hours worth) I finally set up my dynasty and began playing as OC of Hawaii. With 34 seconds left in the 2nd Q the game freezes on me. It 's 3:35 AM and I need to be up in 4 hours. I'm going to bed. This better not be a sign of things to come.

AustinWolv
07-11-2012, 07:35 AM
I'm reading a lot of people on OS have made the move to Heisman and are much happier. How many guys here have tried it out?

I started on Heisman with 3 Play Now games last night. Haven't tried any other level. Posted about it here: http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?5310-The-Gaming-Tailgate-s-NCAA-Football-13-Retail-Release-Impressions&p=150954&viewfull=1#post150954

The games have been quite entertaining and close against nearly equivalent teams in terms of talent.

psuexv
07-11-2012, 02:26 PM

There are a number of people around here that are leaning towards/testing out Heisman. I played 2 games last night and it seems pretty good.

JBHuskers
07-11-2012, 02:29 PM
There are a number of people around here that are leaning towards/testing out Heisman. I played 2 games last night and it seems pretty good.

:+1:

Didn't seem as cheap as in past years. So far...

psuexv
07-11-2012, 02:37 PM

Yeah and you didn't seem to have many issues with zone defense last night :smh:

Kingpin32
07-11-2012, 02:38 PM
That's what she said.

Dr Death
07-11-2012, 02:54 PM

I'm currently testing out Heisman sliders in a Dynasty. So far, they've been pretty good. I am 4-2 playing as :Colorado: and all but one game have been very close and competitive. However, I still need to beef up the CPU offense. They tend to score by big plays only. No long drives, no sustained drives. It's a work in progress, but as I get something really good, I'll share it here.

One thing that I have thought of is the fact that I play vastly different than anyone else. I throw a ton. Mostly short passes, I love long, time-consuming drives. I had a drive last night that was 17 plays, 88 yards and took 6:22 off the clock. I play 10 minute quarters. But I would be curious how someone who plays a more traditional style would feel about these sliders. I have tweaked them from a guy on OS... and a lot of people there like them, so we'll see. I'll post some sliders and game results soon.

AustinWolv
07-11-2012, 03:05 PM

Reading people's comments today and I don't recall seeing/experiencing some of the complaints that people are posting here today, as I started on Heisman right away when I put the game in last night out of the box. Maybe I didn't play enough or didn't notice them, but some of them definitely don't seem valid....

morsdraconis
07-11-2012, 03:06 PM
God damn it people. STOP SAYING IT'S FIXABLE! YOU'RE MAKING ME WANT TO BUY THIS DAMN GAME!!!! GAH!!!!!

psuexv
07-11-2012, 03:16 PM
God damn it people. STOP SAYING IT'S FIXABLE! YOU'RE MAKING ME WANT TO BUY THIS DAMN GAME!!!! GAH!!!!!

It's definitely a fun game. I'd definitely recommend it. Especially with Heisman and some sliders tweaked.

JBHuskers
07-11-2012, 03:18 PM
I think some people just want to seriously see it fail, otherwise they'd have nothing to talk about.

souljahbill
07-11-2012, 03:19 PM

Don't even set yourself up.

AustinWolv
07-11-2012, 03:29 PM
I think some people just want to seriously see it fail, otherwise they'd have nothing to talk about.

Bingo.

SmoothPancakes
07-11-2012, 03:30 PM
This game sucks, there's no rastas. Don't buy, 0/10.

JBHuskers
07-11-2012, 03:32 PM

Yeah my zone defense with a D rated team was working okay :nod:

JBHuskers
07-11-2012, 03:32 PM
This game sucks, there's no rastas. Don't buy, 0/10.

:troll:

neystar206
07-11-2012, 04:01 PM
+1

ram29jackson
07-11-2012, 04:15 PM
Heisman mode- Jim Plunkett-1st game
on All-American setting

24 for 37, 424 yrds,4TD's, 2 ints.

sacked 3 times

sure it was easy but at least that was a tad more realistic LOL

baseballplyrmvp
07-11-2012, 10:59 PM
i know everyone was harping on this like 4 days ago, but arkansas state pulled off the upset over oregon in my offline dynasty too....37-14 at oregon. :D

JBHuskers
07-11-2012, 11:22 PM
Playing 7m quarters on Heisman has been pretty good so far.

baseballplyrmvp
07-11-2012, 11:36 PM
Playing 7m quarters on Heisman has been pretty good so far.

geckman
07-11-2012, 11:48 PM
Yes. Everything carries over.

Well, after an amazon complete debacle, I finally got the game a day late only to find out everything that I had done on the early release was a complete waste. For whatever reason the game does not recognize the early release saves. 2 dynasties, rosters, saved videos, nothing.

If anyone has a workaround to get the game to see it, please reply. I can see it when I back out to look at it on the harddrive, but when the game starts and I go to load/delete it is not there, and I can't pull it up anywhere in the game what so ever.

edit: It did recognize that I had played the game, I got the achievements that I earned.

baseballplyrmvp
07-12-2012, 12:02 AM
the cutscenes take forever to skip over. how many times do i have to mash the :360a: to skip over em?

SmoothPancakes
07-12-2012, 12:08 AM
the cutscenes take forever to skip over. how many times do i have to mash the :360a: to skip over em?

That was intentional this year, if I remember correctly. A bunch of us were mashing the :360a: button last year to get to the next play, only to completely accidentally skip over gametracks and stuff. So this year, EA either put in a second or two delay or they made it so you had to hold the button down for a second or two, can't remember the exact thing they did, to help prevent skipping over the gametracks, the studio updates, etc, by mistake, and so you were only skipping over it because you intended to/wanted to.

baseballplyrmvp
07-12-2012, 12:22 AM
That was intentional this year, if I remember correctly. A bunch of us were mashing the :360a: button last year to get to the next play, only to completely accidentally skip over gametracks and stuff. So this year, EA either put in a second or two delay or they made it so you had to hold the button down for a second or two, can't remember the exact thing they did, to help prevent skipping over the gametracks, the studio updates, etc, by mistake, and so you were only skipping over it because you intended to/wanted to.

i know it was intentional, but it takes way too damn long to skip over em. i dont care about the cutscenes; and if there was an option to turn em off, i'd do it. i know i'm in the minority when i say that, but the same applies to gametrack too, imo.

rather than having a forced 2 second delay before you can skip over it, they should just do a button recognition of holding down the :360a: skips over it, whereas a quick press doesnt do anything. its just pisses me off when i'm mashing the :360a: button, with the intention of skipping over the cutscene, and its not doing it.

ram29jackson
07-12-2012, 01:51 AM
waiting for a play now game against just the AI offline seems to take a little longer then in 12 too?

Deuce44M
07-12-2012, 06:52 AM
Wow, what do u have ADHD---chill out--a whole 2 seconds lol

Rudy
07-12-2012, 07:40 AM
I’ve played two games of NCAA 13 which isn’t enough for a full review of course but my initial feeling is that the game is average. I didn’t see a lot of crap but I don’t see any excellence to this game that wants to me to keep playing other than I want to get my monies worth after renting.

Presentation and Atmosphere

This just isn’t good enough imo. The commentary is so stale now it’s white noise. I can’t even tell you if I heard any new or interesting things because Herbie is so boring after this many years you just tune him out. I know one time my TE dropped a wide open pass down the middle and he commented that there was a defender in the area when there was nobody. I do know they don’t comment on players getting injured and many times I don’t know I lost a player until I see the injury report on the ticker. Very few stat overlays (two in two games, 7 minute quarters) and they aren’t commented on at all. I saw only one game track and accidentally skipped it. Not sure how that happened. We desperately need a new commentary team just to change it up.

The crowd is mediocre. It helps to turn the other volumes down and crank the crowd up. Sometimes there is an audio glitch in the sound as well where you can tell the sounds aren’t spliced together correctly. The pre-game introductions are very stale and I already skipped over them for game two. The entire design needs to move towards a TV style broadcast with more team and individual stats. I really enjoyed Madden 12’s TV style focus and I think NCAA needs to commit more to this approach. One negative note for freezing, my game froze right after the end of the second game so that’s another concern.

Passing Game

I think this is the biggest improvement in the game. I hated the super LBs and super zones of NCAA 12. The new pass trajectories really help let you put the ball where you want to. I didn’t see a single crazy swat in two games by a super leaping LB. I used the lead passing a couple times and it was nice. I have seen the issue with the safeties leaving WRs running free down the middle of the field. I burned the defence twice for TDs on this. I tried not to take advantage of this stuff but its hard not to over the course of a game. This needs to be fixed.

The cpu calls a lot of screens and this needs to be toned down a little and also made more effective. On Heisman I did see them run this successfully a few times but the majority of time it’s a sack. I saw Alabama run an option play in the last minute of a game in hurry up. Why? Also saw them run a fake punt on 4th and 20 early in the 4th quarter (they were down 1 or 2 TDs, can’t remember). That was so long it would have been nearly impossible to convert and they didn’t.

Running Game

My first game was with Michigan at home against OSU. I got over 100 yards rushing with Denard using the read-option and I thought it was nicely done. I did have a long TD run where a defender was just stuck in a back pedal motion and didn’t even try to tackle me. That wasn’t good as it should have been an average gain and not a 40 yard TD run. I didn’t see the cpu run it too often with Braxton Miller and when they did it wasn’t that great. Miller did scramble quite a bit so I liked that. I didn’t see many broken blocking assignments but those happen all the time in real life and it’s not something I look for. Nothing in two games bothered me here.

I think the tackling engine is old and stale. Not only does NCAA 13 not have the Infinity engine but the variety here is weak and significantly worse than Madden 12’s tackling engine imo. Warp tackling is in full force. Hit the tackle button and your defender will leap forward a couple yards for the wrap tackle.

Player movement still lacks momentum and the animations seem twitchy and unnatural and this was while playing on Slow speed. It doesn’t look or feel right imo. I do like how the r-stick juke is better this year. Made a nice move with Denard using it although it looks a little goofy. I'll still take it over last year's neutered move. Why the heck does Georgia have so many option plays in their playbook? Now I realize why I saw cpu Georgia running so many options with Aaron Murray in some pre-release videos.

Difficulty

I started right out on Heisman difficulty (I’m not that good, trust me) after reading people say it was the way to go. I tweaked my old NCAA 12 slider set based on some things I read and beat OSU 38-7 with Michigan. I took Georgia into Bama and the game was tied 7-7 going into the 4th and I broke it open with three TDs to win 28-7. The game is definitely easier than it was in the past. I saw nothing cheap on Heisman and quite honestly, this is probably what All-American should be (unless they create a difficulty between AA and Heisman like I think they should).

Overall

I used to consider NCAA 11 to be the best game of this series but this is probably the best. However, I also consider the NCAA series to be largely disappointing this generation. NCAA 13 is an improvement but it doesn’t wow me. It still has a long way to go to be considered a great game like the Show. Improvement is needed in almost every area. Most of all they need to change something so that the game actually feels fresh and different. That includes player movement, animations and presentation. You will get the same feeling while playing the game you did in the past (good or bad). The strength of the game has always been the ability of dynasty mode to suck you in and overlook some of the average game play while you recruit and build your dynasty. I don’t see this year as much different.

skipwondah33
07-12-2012, 07:52 AM
Great write up Rudy.

psuexv
07-12-2012, 08:19 AM
Great write up Rudy.

I think you hit the nail right on the head Rudy. The game playable and can be enjoyable, but there is so much more it could be.

procops1
07-12-2012, 08:29 AM
overall this game satisfies. im okay with gameplay. my zone defense works and the cpu picked me off 5 times last night... it was FCS northwest. on heisman difficulty. im not all that good but it was ridiculous. needed improvements:

1. Pre-game- i like Rece Davis. but he has about 2 or 3 intros for every stadium so after 5 home games its sounding very repetitive. i usually skip right through the entrances. they are so bland and boring. its a good idea but can be done so much better. please EA get me hyped up to play this game.

2. i love what they did with dynasty. i can see how my school stacks up the next 4 years, and how i can improve my recruiting pitches. all that is great and scouting is cool but i wish i could scout exactly what i wanted to know. id like to see the randomness out of that.

3. COMMENTARY.

i dont hear erin andrews at all! why is she even in the game if she doesnt talk to me??? i like gametrack. i like how i cant accidentally skip over it. but if i want to play as an OC i cant see that cool cutscene. which is sad for me because i suck at defense. i miss the days of lee corso pregame 2004.

biggest wish is college gameday and college football final. a show before the week starts and after the week is over. i think its do-able. if nfl 2k could do it on my ps2 i think it can be done now on next gen consoles

thats really all i have for now. im a big presentation guy. the gameplay is good. of course it could be better but i am satisfied i give the game 8.5/10

souljahbill
07-12-2012, 08:45 AM
2. i love what they did with dynasty. i can see how my school stacks up the next 4 years, and how i can improve my recruiting pitches. all that is great and scouting is cool but i wish i could scout exactly what i wanted to know. id like to see the randomness out of that.

:+1: bolded

Rudy
07-12-2012, 09:51 AM
I just played at Oregon with Oklahoma and was pleasantly surprised by how well they ran the read-option along with draws. They had a few successful screens but took way too many sacks including one that gave me a safety to tie the game at 30. The biggest problem with the cpu option game isn't the read option but the speed option. The cpu QB is horrible at running this play. Kenjon Barner ran 17 times for 143 yards and also had 5 catches for 53 yards.

I lost 33-30 as I threw my third pick with under 30 seconds and in FG range. Best game so far. I really dislike the feel of the players though, particularly on defense. It feels as though I'm just skating around out there out of control.

baseballplyrmvp
07-12-2012, 09:54 AM
Wow, what do u have ADHD---chill out--a whole 2 seconds lol

2 seconds doesnt seem like a whole lot, but when you take into account that its 2 seconds on every single play, it lengthens the game a lot. on 7 minute quarters, for instance, i can average about 60 offensive snaps a game, and the cpu averages about 40. thats about 100 total plays, when you factor in all of the punts, field goals, etc. thats an added 3-5 minutes of forced cutscenes. this time amount goes up even more when you play on longer quarters.

for those people who play as no-huddle teams, the forced 2 seconds on every play has a big effect on the overall tempo of the game. several times, in this sites 360 od from last year, i found myself mimicking oregon's pace when running the no-huddle with SMU. its impossible to replicate now, with this forced delay in there.

souljahbill
07-12-2012, 10:10 AM
I just played at Oregon with Oklahoma and was pleasantly surprised by how well they ran the read-option along with draws. They had a few successful screens but took way too many sacks including one that gave me a safety to tie the game at 30. The biggest problem with the cpu option game isn't the read option but the speed option. The cpu QB is horrible at running this play. Kenjon Barner ran 17 times for 143 yards and also had 5 catches for 53 yards.

I lost 33-30 as I threw my third pick with under 30 seconds and in FG range. Best game so far. I really dislike the feel of the players though, particularly on defense. It feels as though I'm just skating around out there out of control.

I have trouble running the speed option myself. The lack of blocking leaves LBs basically running through my QB the second he's right outside the tackle.

procops1
07-12-2012, 10:19 AM
I have trouble running the speed option myself. The lack of blocking leaves LBs basically running through my QB the second he's right outside the tackle.

that kills me. i remember speed option being very effective in previous versions. and when i pitch to my back he is getting tackled farther behind the line than the QB. thats how i lost sexy rexy for the year :bang:

morsdraconis
07-12-2012, 10:19 AM

Don't hold speed burst.

souljahbill
07-12-2012, 10:28 AM
Don't hold speed burst.

Oh trust, I learned about the speed burst=insta-block shed last year and cut auto-sprint off. The CPU just reacts way too quickly at the snap for it to really work.

Rudy
07-12-2012, 11:05 AM
I had a great game with South Carolina as I hosted Wisconsin. I was down 14-7 and tied it up on a nice PA pass as Lattimore (25-127 on the game) was drawing the defense's interest. With the game tied at 14-14 I got the ball back and marched down the field getting within Wisconsin's 20 yard line with under 2 minutes to go. Well the dumb cpu, which has all three timeouts, doesn't call a single one. I kill the clock and with two seconds left kick a 28 yarder to win. Of course the cpu burns all three timeouts in a row trying to ice me. Stupid. They should have been calling them earlier, hoping to get the ball back with enough time to score.

It was a fun game but the cpu threw too many swing passes behind the line of scrimmage for losses. One wasn't completed, ruled a fumble and I recovered. Too sloppy with the ball like that.

Must say I'm very happy with passing the ball this year. Big time improvement over NCAA 12.

Rudy
07-12-2012, 12:50 PM
In the end your enjoyment of NCAA 13 will depend on how much you accept the game for what it is rather than what you want it to be.

JBHuskers
07-12-2012, 12:57 PM
In the end your enjoyment of NCAA 13 will depend on how much you accept the game for what it is rather than what you want it to be.

Exactly. Is it perfect? No. But I'm not going to raise hell over something I saw one time either and call the game a failure.

ram29jackson
07-12-2012, 02:11 PM
there are times it still looks like CBs all the sudden just jut/skip in front of a receiver intercepting a ball.

..and your touch passes dont go over defenders head like you assume its suppose to

souljahbill
07-12-2012, 02:13 PM
there are times it still looks like CBs all the sudden just jut/skip in front of a receiver intercepting a ball.

..and your touch passes dont go over defenders head like you assume its suppose to

I agree wholeheartedly. On some interceptions, it does appear like the defender kinda super-warps his way into position to make the play. And I've thrown a few picks that were suppose to go over a LBs head that elevate enough, I guess when I know I didn't bullet the pass.

Rudy
07-12-2012, 03:30 PM
I did have a slot WR running man to man with a DB and I threw it deep. Shortly after I throw the ball (the ball is at least 15 yards out of my QBs hand) the DB just runs to the sideline and lets my WR run wide open down the middle for an easy TD. This wasn't a zone situation but man to man.

The cpu does too many boneheaded plays on offense and defense every game.

ram29jackson
07-12-2012, 04:11 PM
impression, problem, general video game goofyness

I didnt throw ball before lineman gets there but it still gets bounced off his head for a 60 yard pass LOL

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/8422/beforebounce.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/43/beforebounce.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)
after bounce it just takes off for 60 yrds

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/6171/afterbounce.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/819/afterbounce.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

the end of first video shows how the NCAA 13 replay vids are sucking right now...jutty framerate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGGaCzaNYo8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAHvdhpq91E&feature=relmfu

I OU a Beatn
07-12-2012, 04:24 PM
Exactly. Is it perfect? No. But I'm not going to raise hell over something I saw one time either and call the game a failure.

Yes, but the problems that exist happen way more often than once. I mean, zone defense is completely broken. I have clips of a defender running 10 yards ahead of the receiver in a route. I have clips of a defender literally standing still near the sideline letting a ball carrier run right past him and making no attempt to stop him. I have clips of balls literally going through defenders and into receivers' hands. I even have clips of safeties in zone standing in the middle of the field allowing receivers to run right past them.

I also have clips of the goon kick, field goal blocks, and multiple nano blitzes, all of which worked exactly the same last year and the year before. All of which have been brought to EA's attention multiple times and all of which are still in the game.

If it happened once, you are most certainly right...it wouldn't be a problem. The problem is that there's a multitude of potentially game breaking problems and they happen with enough consistency to make playing anything but the CPU a huge pain in the ass.

Frost
07-12-2012, 05:29 PM
Earlier today I played a great game in one of the Online Dynasties I'm in. I was the Huskies and played the Stanford Cardinals. Difficulty is set to All-American with sliders, so it's a pleasant challenge. One thing I've noticed and I'm not too sure how dependent this is on the sliders, but for the life of me I couldn't tackle a Stanford player on my first try. I had to bring 2-3 and sometimes even 4 defenders to bring down the ball carrier. Initially I thought it could be the overuse of the Hit Stick, but I stopped using it and the issue was still there. As an example, 3 of my linemen were shook off by the mediocre QB Nottingham.

I'll take a look at what the Commish's sliders are at, but I don't think it should be happening to that degree very often.

ram29jackson
07-12-2012, 08:08 PM
why did EA key on the Heisman trophy in the intro when you put the disc in ? In Dynasty

is there a big deal if you win it in your dynasty? because the mode itself is so short lived/short shelf life.

in this mode if you finish the season and win the Heisman, what do you unlock? whats the big deal ?

jaymo76
07-12-2012, 08:32 PM
why did EA key on the Heisman trophy in the intro when you put the disc in ? In Dynasty

is there a big deal if you win it in your dynasty? because the mode itself is so short lived/short shelf life.

in this mode if you finish the season and win the Heisman, what do you unlock? whats the big deal ?

Yeah, win the Heisman and then you can use that character in RTG. I was shocked to see no heisman ceremony this year as it would have fit percfectly with the Heisman mode addition.

ram29jackson
07-12-2012, 09:03 PM
Yeah, win the Heisman and then you can use that character in RTG. I was shocked to see no heisman ceremony this year as it would have fit percfectly with the Heisman mode addition.

so you get to win the Heisman twice in 5 seasons..or less. Plaing by yourself against dumb AI ?

no bells n whistles? nothing at all really ?

and I seem to be reading at OS that Road T-G has a bunch of bugs and is doing poorly...?

AustinWolv
07-12-2012, 09:17 PM
Oh trust, I learned about the speed burst=insta-block shed last year and cut auto-sprint off. The CPU just reacts way too quickly at the snap for it to really work.

That and the FBs are STILL clueless on picking up defenders. Been a few iterations that the community has been complaining about that one and still occurs. I basically had to abandon the I-form in a game I was just playing because the FB was useless so my HB was getting killed. 80 awareness FB with blocking at 69, I believe.

Tarhead10
07-12-2012, 09:55 PM
That and the FBs are STILL clueless on picking up defenders. Been a few iterations that the community has been complaining about that one and still occurs. I basically had to abandon the I-form in a game I was just playing because the FB was useless so my HB was getting killed. 80 awareness FB with blocking at 69, I believe.

I agree about the FBs.... They dont seal off the edge when running outside, had one the other day completely miss the blitzing LB, he was looking for the safety..:fp:

Tako 715
07-12-2012, 10:21 PM
Played my first two games tonight, All American default. I won both, Wisconsin 31 - Ohio St 14 and Wash St 34 - Wash 10. I second everyone's issues.

FB's and pulling lineman aren't quite doing their jobs. With WI, I had a few negative runs because of that. But I also think the D was being over aggressive because I was gashing them on other runs.

Safety play was pretty bad. My D was ok, but I had five TD passes of more than 50 yards. One was legit, but the other four were on blown zone coverages.

Last, I noticed it was hard to deflect/catch passes as a defender. Are we supposed to turn auto sprint and strafe off?

This game is good, and not far from being great. Just needs a few tweaks, ramp it up to Heisman level and a little practice.

I OU a Beatn
07-12-2012, 10:29 PM
I'm pretty sure if you turn auto strafe off, you wont be able to strafe at all once the ball is in the air. I had it off and earlier today someone threw a ball I had a play on, I switched and tried to strafe and he flat out wouldn't do it. I turned auto strafe back on later and didn't have a problem, so who knows.

skipwondah33
07-12-2012, 10:34 PM
I'm not noticing not being able to strafe. I'm either not paying attention or moving how intended

I'm able to swat passes when I try as well with L1

Kingpin32
07-12-2012, 10:37 PM
Am I the only one that is unable to user catch? Every time I click on my receiver to attempt to catch a pass, he just stands there or lets the ball hit him in the face.

Tako 715
07-12-2012, 10:59 PM
Yeah, I figure my problem with strafe/user swat/user pick isn't a game issue. Just something I need to get used to and practice.

Also, the defensive alignment is a little hard to deal with sometimes. I get the moving players to cover the unbalanced side, which works good for coverage in zone. But it leaves you vulnerable to crossing routes and the run on the weak side. Another thing I guess I'll have to get used to. Triangle+Left stick right.

ram29jackson
07-13-2012, 03:04 AM
If I'm the only one who didnt know this, I'm sorry to waste your time :)

everyone knows about the wide receiver hot route of just moving right stick up for a simple straight up vertical route. I only just discovered that if you hold down R2 while moving right stick up, the route slightly curves outside and then straight up. If it was in last year,I'm sorry I never noticed it?

steelerfan
07-13-2012, 05:13 AM
If I'm the only one who didnt know this, I'm sorry to waste your time :)

everyone knows about the wide receiver hot route of just moving right stick up for a simple straight up vertical route. I only just discovered that if you hold down R2 while moving right stick up, the route slightly curves outside and then straight up. If it was in last year,I'm sorry I never noticed it?

Lol. Yeah, it's been there for awhile. You do know there are different routes on the left and the right sticks, right?

Rudy
07-13-2012, 05:28 AM
Lol. Yeah, it's been there for awhile. You do know there are different routes on the left and the right sticks, right?

L-stick or d-pad? I can't even remember that much anymore but I thought one set of hot routes was d-pad while the other was r-stick.

AustinWolv
07-13-2012, 07:44 AM
I agree about the FBs.... They dont seal off the edge when running outside, had one the other day completely miss the blitzing LB, he was looking for the safety..:fp:
I had one completely ignore a LB crashing the hole while the G and C had a beautiful combo block on a DT. 3rd and inches, and the damn FB completely doesn't pick up the LB so run gets stuffed for a loss on a simple I-form lead play.
It is NOT an awareness or crappy FB ratings problem either. His programming makes him run right to the hole and not be aware of anything apparently, as his "awareness" kicked in once he got right past the filling LB because the FB turned and tried to chase the LB who was killing my HB.

And what you mentioned also. Blah.

souljahbill
07-13-2012, 07:49 AM
I had one completely ignore a LB crashing the hole while the G and C had a beautiful combo block on a DT. 3rd and inches, and the damn FB completely doesn't pick up the LB so run gets stuffed for a loss on a simple I-form lead play.
It is NOT an awareness or crappy FB ratings problem either. His programming makes him run right to the hole and not be aware of anything apparently, as his "awareness" kicked in once he got right past the filling LB because the FB turned and tried to chase the LB who was killing my HB.

And what you mentioned also. Blah.

I've had lead blockers run into the hole, STOP, turn around, and go block somebody on the backside of the play, allowing the LB or safety who's barreling into the hole like a train come through unblocked for a tackle.

skipwondah33
07-13-2012, 07:58 AM
I've had lead blockers run into the whole, STOP, turn around, and go block somebody on the backside of the play, allowing the LB or safety who's barreling into the hole like a train come through unblocked for a tackle.That has been happening in both NCAA and Madden

ram29jackson
07-13-2012, 09:03 AM

I know all the basic routes, I see all of the commands on my screen etc...that one i didnt notice last year..i never saw anything that had to with R2 and I bet i'm not alone in that either

kindella2
07-13-2012, 09:42 AM
I didnt know about the out and up hot route either. Learned a new trick. Also, looks like i need to practice the swat...getting beat deep on passes that i think i should be able to knock down. The more i play the better it gets.

illwill10
07-13-2012, 10:50 AM
and I seem to be reading at OS that Road T-G has a bunch of bugs and is doing poorly...?

I dont know about bugs. But, alot of people dont like how things were implemented this year.
People dont mind being on AA or Heisman will be a tougher route. But, it is hard to progress your Coach Trust. You get a TD and get 25+ XP, 1st down you get 5+ XP. But, you get sacked and lose 20+ XP, if you thrown a INT lose 100 XP, lose 50 if you fumble, lose 20 if you call for the ball and you dont catch it, lose 10 if you get tackled for a loss, and I think you lose pts if someone commits a penalties. On top of that CPU Playcalling still sucks and the CPU Defense still knows what you are calling. As a RB, every other play I get hit in the backfield because the blitz or shift to the right place.
I would rather lose XP than Coach Trust. So, you cant progress very fast. You can be on the bench the entire year and still get to 99 in your FR year if you do practice. So, if you mess up you lose XP and you cant better. Practices are hard, but Position Battles ar still very easy

jaymo76
07-13-2012, 12:13 PM
I've had lead blockers run into the hole, STOP, turn around, and go block somebody on the backside of the play, allowing the LB or safety who's barreling into the hole like a train come through unblocked for a tackle.

This is huge negative on the game. Blocking/line interaction has to be the number 1 gameplay focus next year.

jaymo76
07-13-2012, 12:54 PM
I must say that I really like all of the additional info you can see in dynasty mode with regards to championship contenders, ranking, etc. I feel this and scouting adds a lot to the game. I'm also glad to see game of the week is back and I like how you can track how many times you have been the game of the week, etc. The in-game updates are awesome as well. I find I'm very excited to see them. As for the ticker, I don't really notice it at all other than priority scores, etc.

EerRaid12
07-13-2012, 01:16 PM
Any word or speculation on when we'll see a patch? I'm waiting for that to decide whether or not I'll buy.

Kingpin32
07-13-2012, 01:25 PM
Any word or speculation on when we'll see a patch? I'm waiting for that to decide whether or not I'll buy.
It seems like it'll be August for the patch.

gschwendt
07-13-2012, 01:26 PM
The only word we've seen regarding a patch was in one of the articles regarding uniform updates and they mentioned a patch in mid-August. Aside from that, we don't know anything more.

gigemaggs99
07-13-2012, 01:48 PM
? about online play.

Is there a setting or something I can turn off? When I play my buddy online, we meet up in the lobby, when he is on offense for example and clicks down on the right-stick to show all the hotroutes, adjustments, etc.. you can do. I can see that menu on my screen. I can't make it go away, he can only make it go away but it's showing up on my TV. I ask him to take it off (via headset) after he makes his adjustments but sometimes in no huddle or in a hurry he doesn't. Is there a way to make it not show up on my screen?

Same on defense, if he clicks the "adjust coverage" option I see it pop up on my screen and I can't make it go away. Once I snap the ball it goes away, but I'd just like to know if I can make it now show up at all?

Thanks.

gschwendt
07-13-2012, 01:51 PM
? about online play.

Is there a setting or something I can turn off? When I play my buddy online, we meet up in the lobby, when he is on offense for example and clicks down on the right-stick to show all the hotroutes, adjustments, etc.. you can do. I can see that menu on my screen. I can't make it go away, he can only make it go away but it's showing up on my TV. I ask him to take it off (via headset) after he makes his adjustments but sometimes in no huddle or in a hurry he doesn't. Is there a way to make it not show up on my screen?

Same on defense, if he clicks the "adjust coverage" option I see it pop up on my screen and I can't make it go away. Once I snap the ball it goes away, but I'd just like to know if I can make it now show up at all?

Thanks.Nope... I assume it's a bug this year. We've pointed it out to the devs.

Marlowe
07-13-2012, 02:45 PM
that's nuts gigem...don't think I've ever seen that one before lol...too bad you can't see the plays too.
:blush:

IBI
07-13-2012, 03:16 PM
I know all the basic routes, I see all of the commands on my screen etc...that one i didnt notice last year..i never saw anything that had to with R2 and I bet i'm not alone in that either
Not alone

gigemaggs99
07-13-2012, 03:17 PM
Nope... I assume it's a bug this year. We've pointed it out to the devs.

Ok, thank you sir. It's not a big deal, most of the time I just ask him to click it again to remove it. No biggie, just wondering.

Thanks again.

skipwondah33
07-13-2012, 03:42 PM
Nope... I assume it's a bug this year. We've pointed it out to the devs.Hasn't it been in the game for a while now the past 3-4 versions? I know it was last year if I'm not mistaken.

I'd like if they went the Madden route and didn't show anything. Like who you are manually controlling, etc.

gschwendt
07-13-2012, 03:52 PM
Hasn't it been in the game for a while now the past 3-4 versions? I know it was last year if I'm not mistaken.

I'd like if they went the Madden route and didn't show anything. Like who you are manually controlling, etc.
Nope... to my knowledge this is the first year that's been a bug. I've also long advocated for hiding user control highlight, etc. I even have an item for it on the Game Changers Ideas site.

skipwondah33
07-13-2012, 04:00 PM
Hmm..could have sworn it was in last year as well.

Yeah they took that user control highlight out of Madden few versions back. In a way I like it in there because it may give the User confidence to test me manually lol.

I OU a Beatn
07-13-2012, 04:02 PM
It's definitely the first year it was in. G, are you aware of the glitch that happens when running no huddle that resets all the user's manual defensive adjustments? Say the offensive player runs a hurry up and while they're getting to the line, you put your DE into a spy, crash your line left, and then blitz your LB. If the offensive player waits until after you've made adjustments to pick his play, as soon as he picks it, it completely resets all the assignments to the default.

I had some little douche doing this to me the other day. He'd wait until I made all my adjustments to pick a play, and then he would quick snap before I had the chance to set it up again.

gschwendt
07-13-2012, 04:06 PM
It's definitely the first year it was in. G, are you aware of the glitch that happens when running no huddle that resets all the user's manual defensive adjustments? Say the offensive player runs a hurry up and while they're getting to the line, you put your DE into a spy, crash your line left, and then blitz your LB. If the offensive player waits until after you've made adjustments to pick his play, as soon as he picks it, it completely resets all the assignments to the default.

I had some little douche doing this to me the other day. He'd wait until I made all my adjustments to pick a play, and then he would quick snap before I had the chance to set it up again.
Wasn't aware but doesn't surprise me... they don't use a dynamic re-assignment/alignment but rather set those after the offense picks their play (ie after they break their huddle).

I'll forward it along.

AustinWolv
07-13-2012, 04:11 PM
That has been happening in both NCAA and Madden

I don't play Madden, so don't know, but it wasn't as bad in the past as it is now with the FB in NCAA Heisman-level.

skipwondah33
07-13-2012, 04:50 PM
I don't play Madden, so don't know, but it wasn't as bad in the past as it is now with the FB in NCAA Heisman-level.

When suction blocking was in it was far worse. It doesn't happen in Madden now that I notice and I play quite a bit

souljahbill
07-13-2012, 04:56 PM
Playing as a QB in RTG has helped my passing considerably. I'm seeing the field a lot better now.

baseballplyrmvp
07-13-2012, 08:46 PM
i thought psychic db's were supposed to be gone? or was that only in terms of playing the ball? ;)

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/126264573

illwill10
07-13-2012, 08:56 PM
Playing as a QB in RTG has helped my passing considerably. I'm seeing the field a lot better now.

It did for me. Especially getting locked into passing plays you dont like. It teaches you patience and when to throw the ball once the WR made his cut.

The only thing for me is learning how to use the pass trajectory. I am so use to either jamming the button or tapping it. Also knowing when to or when to not throw the ball when a Defender is near. I use the directional passing but sometimes miss the throw. Even though Physic DB is "gone", they still warp to passes.

ram29jackson
07-13-2012, 08:57 PM
i thought psychic db's were supposed to be gone? or was that only in terms of playing the ball? ;)

for Christ sake,let a guy finish a route first...or wait for him to turn at least LOL

skipwondah33
07-13-2012, 09:03 PM
Even though Physic DB is "gone", they still warp to passes.Yeah and they still run routes for the WR at times too.

I was playing G lastnight and my WR ran an Out pass from the Slot. He was being covered by an OLB, I threw it before the break with the LB trailing on the inside away from the route and not in position to play the ball the way he did. Not only did he make a play on the ball but he got to it before my WR did all in an instant.

I OU a Beatn
07-13-2012, 09:04 PM

I see that at least 5 times a game running drags and crossing patterns. Stupid as hell.

Deuce
07-13-2012, 09:06 PM
I see that at least 5 times a game running drags and crossing patterns. Stupid as hell.

It is stupid as hell but at least now you can throw it behind them and give your receiver a chance. :up:

baseballplyrmvp
07-13-2012, 09:20 PM
Illegal touching penalty!!!! :clap:

JeffHCross
07-13-2012, 09:21 PM
I've had lead blockers run into the hole, STOP, turn around, and go block somebody on the backside of the play, allowing the LB or safety who's barreling into the hole like a train come through unblocked for a tackle.Or worse ... http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/126051905

baseballplyrmvp
07-13-2012, 09:33 PM
Or worse ... http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/126051905

there has got to be a way to fix that to make it never happen again

JeffHCross
07-13-2012, 09:44 PM
there has got to be a way to fix that to make it never happen againI've actually been thinking about it off and on all day, and I haven't come up with a good solution yet. Obviously I'm not a pro like the guys at Tiburon, but if I can't even conceptually come with an idea, that doesn't bode well imo. As far as I can tell, the problem stems from the fact that the blockers are told to find the closest threat and go to block that threat. In an open-field situation (as you guys have been talking above), that's exactly what we want to see (yet it doesn't always happen, strange). But in a close area like in my video, obviously, that doesn't work in our favor.

The only thing I can think of is that the blockers should recognize when their block will cross the path of the ball-carrier. That would be a general rule of thumb for any blocker looking for someone to block ... don't impede the ball carrier in order to do it.

Otherwise the only thing I could think of is that they need to continue going north instead of turning around ... but there are situations (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2dUfDJ_tRQ) where you want your blockers to clean up threats behind the ball carrier. So I'm at a loss for a "simple" solution, which means the solution is complex ... and those suck to code :D

Rudy
07-13-2012, 09:56 PM
I took Michigan into USC and won 21-13. Disappointing game really. USC chose to run the ball quite a bit. Their RBs had 16 carries to 8 pass attempts into the 3rd quarter (Barkley 3-4 with 4 sacks). The RBs were averaging around 5 ypc but Barkley and those two fantastic WRs should mean more passes in USC's pro style attack. I also saw them run the Wildcat at least three times although I don't know if that's what USC will be doing this year. I don't like the cpu playcalling.

Through 5 games I don't know if I've seen a single special move from the cpu RB other than to cover up the ball. They just don't spin, juke, stiff arm or truck. I'm not seeing any personality in this area.

I still get a little annoyed at the alignment issues in basic fronts. If I come out in an I-formation then I would expect a defense in a 4-3 to shift towards the strong side of the field. But I still see me line up with a strong side and only seeing 3 of the 7 defenders in the box lined up on the strong side of center. I just don't like seeing 4 defenders on the weak side in a running situation. The cpu may slant the DL but they should probably flip the defense or slide the LBs over. I will almost always slide the LBs over to create an even matchup. I honestly can't remember if I've ever seen the cpu shift their LBs over to make sure they are in a good position to defend the run on the strong side. I think EA should consider naming the OLBs Sam and Will. Maybe the corresponding logic would help them shift the LBs into proper positions.

Rudy
07-13-2012, 10:06 PM
I really, really hope EA gets a new broadcast team next year. I'd like a focus on true TV style presentation as well but Herbie has to go. He was once a part of a good video game crew 10 years ago but the commentary is so stale the game needs a major makeover next year. I'd love to see Gary Danielson as the analyst. I think Mike Patrick is a fantastic play by play guy as well. I think Nessler is great but a change might be in order just for change sake.

Herbie isn't exciting. His strength in real life is accurate analysis but we don't get that in the game. So his bland style doesn't work well. For the same reasons I'm concerned about how Phil Simms will be in Madden. I'm not sure those guys are the right fit for video games.

JeffHCross
07-13-2012, 10:11 PM
I'd like to see Brad teamed up with Todd Blackledge, as they are in real life, though I'm not totally sure it would translate to the game, as you discussed.

I think EA should consider naming the OLBs Sam and Will.Which, unfortunately, would go right over the heads of the majority of their audience. Or at least a near-majority.

baseballplyrmvp
07-13-2012, 10:33 PM
I also saw them run the Wildcat at least three times although I don't know if that's what USC will be doing this year.

they usually only run it against rival opponents like stanford, cal, ucla and notre dame.

what i really hate though about user playcalling, is the complete lack of any kind of freedom. the standard packages can only do so much, and without any kind of play creator/editor, it hampers some ability to really have fun with the game.

i watched every USC game last year, and robert woods and marqise lee were used all over the field. there were plays, in which USC came out in what would be a shotgun split formation, with 3 te's lined up as the receivers, but both lee and woods lined up as the rb's. there would be other times, like on wr screen plays, where they'd have a tight end lined up in the slot receivers spot to help out on blocking. not having the quick sub feature available from the playcall screen takes away the ability to do this. there are just so many things that could be added to the game that would make this game lights out.

TIMB0B
07-14-2012, 03:03 AM
Which, unfortunately, would go right over the heads of the majority of their audience. Or at least a near-majority.

How about what they really are? Strong and Weak.

Rudy
07-14-2012, 06:19 AM
This game is too spastic. Even on slow the player movement isn't smooth at all. It's herky-jerky with little momentum and I don't like it. I went back and played the Madden 12 demo and the player movement is so much better. It's smooth and with the slower passing speeds you feel you can actually make plays on defense. NCAA 13 feels like a beta version that needs to have things ironed out but doesn't. This series has lacked polish for quite a while.

xMrHitStickx904
07-14-2012, 09:10 AM
Madden 12 was the worst game to ever grace the face of the earth. & No, I'm no exaggerating. However, I've found defense on NCAA 13. Now, I'm having fun.

Rudy
07-14-2012, 10:14 AM
Madden 12 was the worst game to ever grace the face of the earth. & No, I'm no exaggerating. However, I've found defense on NCAA 13. Now, I'm having fun.

Really? In terms of gameplay I thought it was the best football game EA has put out this gen.

I OU a Beatn
07-14-2012, 10:40 AM
It was pretty bad. Online there was absolutely no defense whatsoever, probably less than even NCAA this year.

xMrHitStickx904
07-14-2012, 11:36 AM
Really? In terms of gameplay I thought it was the best football game EA has put out this gen.

The worst. IOU is correct, the D on Madden 12 is worse than NCAA 13. & now that I've found out how to play defense, I totally agree. Literally you could throw two streaks & beat anybody. It was really bad, like really really bad.

JeffHCross
07-14-2012, 11:56 AM
I think the above conversation is a good example of how broad the term "gameplay" is. Some people read "balanced competition" others read "smooth animations" and others read "fun". :D

D has been a problem for both series for years.

Rudy
07-14-2012, 12:27 PM
Not to mention offline vs. offline! As an offline gamer who struggles on offense I didn't have an issue with the defense in Madden.

jaymo76
07-14-2012, 12:36 PM
Yes, the game has some issues but I am having a heck of a lot of fun right now. I am playing on heisman with my custom sliders and as the OC of RICE we are now 4-5 after a huge upset win over Southern Miss and a last minute drive to beat Tulane. I have never missed a bowl invite in the NCAA series and if I don't beat SMU and UTEP in my last two games I will not be bowl eligible. SMU is a powerhouse as compared to Rice and my chances of victory are slim. Even though the passing is a little on the easy side this year, I can live with it. What is driving me insane though is blocking!!! As an OL is it not your job to block??? Just sayin...

ram29jackson
07-14-2012, 12:37 PM
that blur effect thing was a dumb idea..it messes with other aspects of the game it appears and whats the point of it being active when the player is getting up from the ground after a tackle LOL

it might be the thing screwing up in-game replay saves ?

in game replay saves are herky jerky,dont function properly.

Whether you call it good or bad, players evade and bounce away from tackles all over the place at times.

jaymo76
07-14-2012, 12:37 PM
Not to mention offline vs. offline! As an offline gamer who struggles on offense I didn't have an issue with the defense in Madden.

+1 I also found the D is madden to be reasonable as the leaping LB's were turned way down and the DB's were not as psychic.

I OU a Beatn
07-14-2012, 12:43 PM
I don't think I played a single game of Madden '12 where someone didn't score 40. :D

baseballplyrmvp
07-14-2012, 12:49 PM
I've actually been thinking about it off and on all day, and I haven't come up with a good solution yet. Obviously I'm not a pro like the guys at Tiburon, but if I can't even conceptually come with an idea, that doesn't bode well imo. As far as I can tell, the problem stems from the fact that the blockers are told to find the closest threat and go to block that threat. In an open-field situation (as you guys have been talking above), that's exactly what we want to see (yet it doesn't always happen, strange). But in a close area like in my video, obviously, that doesn't work in our favor.

The only thing I can think of is that the blockers should recognize when their block will cross the path of the ball-carrier. That would be a general rule of thumb for any blocker looking for someone to block ... don't impede the ball carrier in order to do it.

since you brought up that vid, i started thinking about it too, and the only thing i can think of would be to implement a "field of vision" all players blocking. from my understanding over the years of discussing this game with everyone, there's a 2 dimensional circle surrounding the football player and he'll pick up any defender who comes into his circle. from the vid you posted though, the fullback reached the end of his route and went searching for someone who was unblocked. maybe it'd just be easier to extend the fullback's route farther upfield, idk, but if not, then thats where the field of vision thing would come into play. ideally, instead of the player using a full circle to find a player to block, it would use the 120-150 or so degrees in front of the player. this would make the player only block who he can see in front of him and would eliminate the bone-headed decision displayed in your vid on the previous page.

Otherwise the only thing I could think of is that they need to continue going north instead of turning around ... but there are situations (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2dUfDJ_tRQ) where you want your blockers to clean up threats behind the ball carrier. So I'm at a loss for a "simple" solution, which means the solution is complex ... and those suck to code :D

ya, its always the exceptions that have to screw everything up. :D

xMrHitStickx904
07-14-2012, 01:50 PM
I don't think I played a single game of Madden '12 where someone didn't score 40. :D

I haven't played Madden 12 in months & I could drop 40 on anybody lol.

JeffHCross
07-14-2012, 03:40 PM
since you brought up that vid, i started thinking about it tooI just had a Defensive End come unblocked by my TE on a Stretch play, but my FB turned to the side and absolutely cleared him out of the play. That was awesome.

I can't explain this at all, but it seemed to me that when I was using the "H" series 2-back formations (i.e. I-Form - H Pro, Strong I - H Twins) that the Fullback was doing a much, much better job at finishing his blocks.

souljahbill
07-14-2012, 03:50 PM
I just had a Defensive End come unblocked by my TE on a Stretch play, but my FB turned to the side and absolutely cleared him out of the play. That was awesome.

I can't explain this at all, but it seemed to me that when I was using the "H" series 2-back formations (i.e. I-Form - H Pro, Strong I - H Twins) that the Fullback was doing a much, much better job at finishing his blocks.

I've noticed that blockers come back to attempt blocks often. Unfortunately, it's at the expense of a threat ahead of the ball carrier most of the time. Every now and then, however, their boneheaded blocking logic actually helps more then hurts.

xMrHitStickx904
07-14-2012, 05:07 PM
Until the patch drops, exclusively playing man to man. & I'm just fine with that. I feel like once they patch zone coverage, option defense, responsiveness for user catches on offense/defense, pursuit angles & defensive alignment in certain formations, the game will be pretty good. I play with my Dre Beats on, so I could careless about the audio at this point, just hope they patch those things.

AustinWolv
07-14-2012, 09:12 PM
I just had a Defensive End come unblocked by my TE on a Stretch play, but my FB turned to the side and absolutely cleared him out of the play. That was awesome.

Interesting. Might have to lab that in practice to confirm. Might be blocking assignment differences somehow, kind of like you'll see similar plays by play art when making custom playbooks, but if you look closer, the particular plays have the FB or G doing something slightly different between them. Just a thought.

I OU a Beatn
07-14-2012, 09:36 PM
Someone with a 360 copy:

When you try to enter a game using a custom playbook, does it make you sit through a loading screen loading up the playbook?

I OU a Beatn
07-14-2012, 09:38 PM
Someone with a 360 copy:

When you try to enter a game using a custom playbook, does it make you sit through a loading screen loading up the playbook?

souljahbill
07-14-2012, 09:55 PM
Deja Vu

baseballplyrmvp
07-14-2012, 10:17 PM
man, i just cannot stay interested in this game. i love the recruiting and scouting players, but the actual games are just boring me to death and cant hold my attention at all. i'm almost to the point of turning my current offline dynasty into just a recruiting dynasty.

KIDZER0918
07-15-2012, 04:00 AM
I have been having problems with custom play books loading in the game. It freezes at the game loading screen in my dynasty

trioptionGator
07-15-2012, 12:38 PM
Is anyone seeing "cut blocks" when running a triple option scheme such as the Flexbone? I saw these frequently in NCAA 12 but have yet to see one in 13.

baseballplyrmvp
07-15-2012, 12:53 PM
why did they drop the amount of photos you could take from the in-game highlights from 5 to only 3?

xMrHitStickx904
07-16-2012, 02:16 AM
Quick tip fellas : when running the WR Middle Screen, aggressively slide protect. ( LT + Up ) it helps the blocking, and those DE's chasing the QB don't magically warp back to the receiver once he catches the pass. Just found this messing around in practice mode.

ram29jackson
07-16-2012, 02:37 AM
Quick tip fellas : when running the WR Middle Screen, aggressively slide protect. ( LT + Up ) it helps the blocking, and those DE's chasing the QB don't magically warp back to the receiver once he catches the pass. Just found this messing around in practice mode.

one of things I hate about the game,you shouldnt have to in the first place

JBHuskers
07-16-2012, 12:12 PM
why did they drop the amount of photos you could take from the in-game highlights from 5 to only 3?

Last year I think.

WolverineJay
07-16-2012, 01:49 PM
I haven't played the game very much been pretty busy, but it crashes/freezes on me 100% of the time during Dynasty mode. Yep without fail within 5 to 10 minutes of fiddling around in Dynasty NCAA 13 freezes and forces me to re-boot the game. It happens during recruiting every single time whether I'm looking at prospects, scouting prospects, calling prospects, and searching prospects within a short period of time the game crashes. I am very upset and the only workaround for me is to never touch recruiting/scouting at all and just let the CPU do it which ruins my immersion factor and makes me not want to even bother building a team. Please tell me that the developers are aware of this major gamekilling issue and the first patch will address the fatal stability issues in Dynasty mode.

***EDIT*** My actual games are fine so far no crashing/freezing at all during actual play now or Dynasty games, which I have heard are problems for some in NCAA 13. If that starts happening then I'm trading it in and going back to NCAA 11.

JBHuskers
07-16-2012, 01:52 PM
Is it doing it with autosave off too? I never use autosave, and so far I've not had freezing issues.

WolverineJay
07-16-2012, 01:55 PM
Yes. I turned auto save off after the first crash. This is very frustrating to say the least.

ram29jackson
07-16-2012, 02:22 PM
i'm not turning off auto save. I want that function. Seriously , you shouldnt need that as a work around in the first place. It should function as needed.

PeteyKirch
07-16-2012, 05:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrMJqKYMGgI

Best interception and hustle play I've ever had in any version of NCAA.

ram29jackson
07-16-2012, 10:15 PM
that was only one tip booorrriiing :D

ram29jackson
07-16-2012, 10:20 PM
when a online game was over, my opponent left it normally.

the game finished for me, but my screen was stuck on a view of the field with the score at the bottom but no menue
to look at stats or replays or leave game...it just froze there

ram29jackson
07-17-2012, 06:08 PM
theres something really poorly timed and angled when you are returning a punt...guys are already in your face by the time the camera changes to your side or they are off screen and all the sudden come in from the side when you think there is no one there..and it leaves no time to fair catch..its nothing realistic at all. Something is wrong with how it works in game

JeffHCross
07-17-2012, 08:23 PM
I haven't seen that at all, Ram. Interesting. Every time I've returned a punt I've had plenty of time to recognize the coverage and call for a fair catch if I wanted.

xMrHitStickx904
07-18-2012, 01:51 PM
#OnlineWeatherBack

AustinWolv
07-18-2012, 01:59 PM
I haven't seen that at all, Ram. Interesting. Every time I've returned a punt I've had plenty of time to recognize the coverage and call for a fair catch if I wanted.

I haven't experienced it either.

ram29jackson
07-18-2012, 04:14 PM
its annoying to go into practice mode and constantly find plays where the tight end has no route or you cant hot route him to have a route or you can but only if you motion him to the other side

gschwendt
07-18-2012, 04:25 PM
its annoying to go into practice mode and constantly find plays where the tight end has no route or you cant hot route him to have a route or you can but only if you motion him to the other side
Generally that's because he's an ineligible receiver... for example in I-Form Y-Trips. Since there is a WR lined up over the top of him (ie both on the line of scrimmage), the TE is ineligible.

ram29jackson
07-18-2012, 04:32 PM
Generally that's because he's an ineligible receiver... for example in I-Form Y-Trips. Since there is a WR lined up over the top of him (ie both on the line of scrimmage), the TE is ineligible.

yeah,yeah, sure, sure , whatever... I was expecting a possible answer like that..if thats the case, it should some how be coded in the play name, so the none football freak can understand.

especially when you do find flaws and want to group it as such with everything else

xMrHitStickx904
07-18-2012, 05:22 PM
Having online weather back is beautiful.

I OU a Beatn
07-18-2012, 05:35 PM
Wait...what? I've played probably 20 online games and it's the same old sunny weather. Did they just do it when they took the servers down?

ram29jackson
07-18-2012, 05:36 PM
Having online weather back is beautiful.

is this something you manipulate or just in basic settings ? you just leave it at system clock or do something else?

xMrHitStickx904
07-18-2012, 06:16 PM
Nah, I manipulate it through play now. makes online play so fresh.

xMrHitStickx904
07-18-2012, 06:24 PM
http://distilleryimage8.instagram.com/9023bc06d12f11e192a022000a1d0114_7.jpg

ram29jackson
07-18-2012, 06:48 PM
Nah, I manipulate it through play now. makes online play so fresh.

ok , dude, specifics. I honestly dont know what to interprate from your picture or what you said?
please elaborate , I would love to mess with it myself.

xMrHitStickx904
07-18-2012, 06:50 PM
ok , dude, specifics. I honestly dont know what to interprate from your picture or what you said?
please elaborate , I would love to mess with it myself.

I'll PM it, I don't want it to get patched.

I OU a Beatn
07-18-2012, 06:57 PM
Oh, I know what it is. Damn it, Hitstick...you got my hopes up! :D

If it's not the same as last year, send me a PM, too. If I'm remembering right, it has a bunch of steps which defeated my whole desire. Ah, go ahead and PM me anyway...I can't remember and I certainly don't want to go digging for it.

gschwendt
07-18-2012, 07:01 PM
I'll PM it, I don't want it to get patched.
Too late. I sent them a note about it and they said they're going to push a tuner update tonight to fix it.

xMrHitStickx904
07-18-2012, 07:02 PM
lmao, IOU it's the same way actually, not surprising. While it defeats the purpose, I'll take it.

xMrHitStickx904
07-18-2012, 07:05 PM
Too late. I sent them a note about it and they said they're going to push a tuner update tonight to fix it.

Welp, #OnlineWeatherGone. Fun while it lasted.

I OU a Beatn
07-18-2012, 07:08 PM

xMrHitStickx904
07-18-2012, 07:09 PM
Like in all seriousness, I can't believe this game doesn't have online weather, it's ridiculous. The one thing that helps keep online play refreshing is now gone. Awesome.

I OU a Beatn
07-18-2012, 07:10 PM
lmao, IOU it's the same way actually, not surprising. While it defeats the purpose, I'll take it.

I know the basics, but I can't remember the exact steps...send me a PM if you will.

ram29jackson
07-18-2012, 07:12 PM

whats wrong with you people? what the f is the big deal if you can make the weather different? it should be an option anyway.

Why do you need to act like a first grade hall monitor about something so trivial LOL?

that said..they may never get around to it ? LOL

I OU a Beatn
07-18-2012, 07:13 PM
I'm pretty sure he's kidding. :D

xMrHitStickx904
07-18-2012, 07:14 PM
whats wrong with you people? what the f is the big deal if you can make the weather different? it should be an option anyway.

Why do you need to act like a first grade hall monitor about something so trivial LOL?

man chill, sarcasm on deck lmao.

xMrHitStickx904
07-18-2012, 07:14 PM
I know the basics, but I can't remember the exact steps...send me a PM if you will.

I'm about to.

souljahbill
07-18-2012, 07:44 PM

ROFL!

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t137/Monkey_heads/sarcasm_detector.jpg?t=1241917109

I OU a Beatn
07-18-2012, 08:18 PM
G should know better. You do NOT mess with the advocates for online real time weather. We make those socks and dreads loons look like girl scouts. :nod:

JBHuskers
07-18-2012, 08:19 PM
:troll:

gschwendt
07-18-2012, 08:21 PM
Um... yeah. I was kidding. I started to put a smiley but I assumed everyone would already be able to see through it anyway.