PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football 13 - TV Spots

cdj
07-02-2012, 07:17 PM
EA SPORTS has released the television spots for NCAA Football 13. The ads center around the Heisman Challenge feature and users putting former winners on different squads. Programs and swapped 'legends' include LSU (RGIII), Ohio State (Desmond Howard), and Georgia (Tim Tebow).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO7_CqZZX6o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywzLs-cKi6U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6RySaSiM4o

You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?605-NCAA-Football-13-TV-Spots

souljahbill
07-02-2012, 07:35 PM
What's funny is that Les would have LOVED to have had RGIII in the championship game.

Canes Fan
07-02-2012, 08:33 PM
The Desmond Howard is the best'

JeffHCross
07-02-2012, 08:56 PM
EA SPORTS has released the television spots for NCAA Football 13. The ads center around the Heisman Challenge feature and users putting former winners on different squads. Programs and swapped 'legends' include LSU (RGIII), Ohio State (Desmond Howard), and Georgia (Tim Tebow).

[CENTER]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO7_CqZZX6oThat would be my house.

JBHuskers
07-02-2012, 09:53 PM
That would be my house.

So you're not gonna play with Desmond? Not even for the trophy??? ;)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

BigDave225
07-02-2012, 10:01 PM
What's funny is that Les would have LOVED to have had RGIII in the championship game.

Les Miles is mad because he passed on RGIII for
Jordan Jefferson in recruiting in 2008. RGIII wanted to come
to LSU

Kingpin32
07-02-2012, 10:05 PM
"A tiger son" Hahaha

JeffHCross
07-02-2012, 10:13 PM
So you're not gonna play with Desmond? Not even for the trophy??? ;) Oh, I will (I also think that's the only way I'll get that INT w/ Reaction Time trophy), but he won't be a Buckeye or Wolverine. I'll probably move him to a small school and try to dominate the lower ranks enough to earn the Heisman.

DaTwolves21
07-02-2012, 10:53 PM
The LSU spot was the best, "put some pants on", Les Miles is a cool dude, i would play for him.

ram29jackson
07-02-2012, 11:32 PM
the commercials are funny :D
but that is one heck of a huge push for what is arguably the weakest part of all the game modes.

I assume at some point other commerials with a few of the new throw and catch animations not focused on Heisman mode

kindella2
07-03-2012, 09:29 AM
Cool Commercials. The ads are seeking out the new gamer and the casual gamer, not those of us who think about the features and actually improving the game.

CLW
07-03-2012, 09:30 AM
Look I HATE this feature (I wouldn't even bother but for the trophies so I'm sure EA will claim success due to the trophy whores out there playing solely for trophies) but its CLEAR this was the ONLY thing EA could sell to the masses via advertising this year. Quite simply, there are no other "back of the box" major features worthy of spending millions of $ in advertising. The question is will those ads peak interest in the casual fan/gamer?

psuexv
07-03-2012, 09:56 AM
Too bad Cam wasn't in the game and they did a commercial with him on Florida.

gschwendt
07-03-2012, 09:58 AM
Too bad Cam wasn't in the game and they did a commercial with him on Florida Mississippi State.
Fixed that for you.

psuexv
07-03-2012, 10:04 AM
Fixed that for you.

LOL, I actually forgot about the MSU stuff. That would be better :D

jello1717
07-03-2012, 10:08 AM
Oh, I will (I also think that's the only way I'll get that INT w/ Reaction Time trophy), but he won't be a Buckeye or Wolverine. I'll probably move him to a small school and try to dominate the lower ranks enough to earn the Heisman.
Why would Desmond get you an INT? Are you confusing him with Charles or something?

JBHuskers
07-03-2012, 10:15 AM
Why would Desmond get you an INT? Are you confusing him with Charles or something?

That's what I was thinking :D there are no defenders in Heisman Challenge. You'll have to get that trophy in RTG. To Jeff's credit, I initially thought the same thing too when I was talking to CDJ.

souljahbill
07-03-2012, 10:23 AM
I thought it was an Alex Howell joke. :D

coogrfan
07-03-2012, 12:12 PM
Les Miles is mad because he passed on RGIII for
Jordan Jefferson in recruiting in 2008. RGIII wanted to come
to LSU

Umm...no. Griffin had actually commited to Houston; when Briles left to take the Baylor job RGIII followed him there.

ram29jackson
07-03-2012, 12:47 PM
Cool Commercials. The ads are seeking out the new gamer and the casual gamer, not those of us who think about the features and actually improving the game.

:) just for the record...everyone knows commercials are to attract new meat,its understood. its also an easy idea for a joke/angle for that type of mode :D

LOL I stumbled on this:) none of the TGT guys are in this little promo ?
How many of those shirts do you have ? do they only come in black? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCRl_zy6R1U&feature=endscreen

JBHuskers
07-03-2012, 12:50 PM
That's because they probably filmed that during one of the Madden community days. None of us were at the Madden one.

BigDave225
07-03-2012, 03:12 PM
Umm...no. Griffin had actually commited to Houston; when Briles left to take the Baylor job RGIII followed him there.
You're absolutely right but that was after LSU gave him the cold shoulder. Lsu passed on him after taking Derron Thomas's
commitment but he signed with oregon so lsu settled for Jefferson. it was too late for les to get RGIII b/c Briles already showed major intrest. Check SI.com

JeffHCross
07-03-2012, 10:15 PM
Why would Desmond get you an INT? Are you confusing him with Charles or something?... somehow, yes. And that's not the first time I've done that either. Yikes.

JeffHCross
07-04-2012, 02:34 PM
The question is will those ads peak interest in the casual fan/gamer?Yes. I can answer that with certainty.

On Tuesday both a co-worker (casual football fan, kids both play PS3 so we talk games often, but only casually) and my father commented on the spots. The co-worker had seen the Tebow spot, and my dad saw the Ohio State spot. Getting people talking about the game may not generate significant sales, but it should provide a bump at the least.

Not to mention ... SB Nation is talking about these spots a lot. The Georgia blog is, in particular (http://www.dawgsports.com/2012/7/3/3134256/ea-sports-must-hate-the-uga-bulldogs), not really happy about this. Maybe that ends up costing you some sales ... maybe it doesn't, though. (Side note: that blog really is pretty entertaining. EA HATES GEORGIA!)

EDIT: Just found this in the comments of the Georgia post:

There are usually some good release day rosters
To be found at pastapadre.com. They are name only online usable rosters usually. And then after a week or so they’ll have updated stat/ranking rosters. You may have to make Marshall or Gurley and the like though.

pastapadre's rosters
are named “thegamingtailgate”.
:whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa:

ram29jackson
07-04-2012, 02:49 PM
interesting bend...Putting Tebow in a Georgia uniform means Georgia is hated ?

souljahbill
07-04-2012, 03:02 PM
Someone obviously is no rocket scientist or hasn't stayed at a Holiday Inn Express lately because I dont recall Pasta ever having "release day" rosters.

ram29jackson
07-04-2012, 03:11 PM
Someone obviously is no rocket scientist or hasn't stayed at a Holiday Inn Express lately because I dont recall Pasta ever having "release day" rosters.

Pastapadre did promote/credit the TGT rosters though,thats a positive

JeffHCross
07-04-2012, 03:20 PM
Both are right. As far as I know, Pasta has never created release day rosters (as far as I can recall, he's never created rosters, period). But he does promote rosters when they're released, including TGT's.

Rudy
07-04-2012, 06:50 PM
Those are great commercials. I love the OSU one the best.

ram29jackson
07-08-2012, 01:01 AM
I dont see anything about a livestream launch party on Monday?

Not happening ?

CLW
07-08-2012, 08:34 AM
Those are great commercials. I love the OSU one the best.

The Commercials are GREAT but the MODE itself is BORING!

souljahbill
07-08-2012, 09:02 AM
The Commercials are GREAT but the MODE itself is BORING!

You didn't enjoy running for 600 yds with Barry Sanders? LMAO! That nugget remains incredibly funny to me.

CLW
07-08-2012, 09:25 AM
You didn't enjoy running for 600 yds with Barry Sanders? LMAO! That nugget remains incredibly funny to me.

LMAO first game with Charlie Ward 800+ yards passing and 12 TDs.

souljahbill
07-08-2012, 09:59 AM
LMAO first game with Charlie Ward 800+ yards passing and 12 TDs.

ROFLMAO!

I'm gonna have to watch the videos over YouTube. That's so ridiculous that's it's hilarious!

CLW
07-08-2012, 10:22 AM
ROFLMAO!

I'm gonna have to watch the videos over YouTube. That's so ridiculous that's it's hilarious!

Well I learned Allen > Barry

833 Yards 12 TDs Game 1

steelerfan
07-08-2012, 10:36 AM
Are you playing on Freshman? Or is there not a skill level, or what?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

CLW
07-08-2012, 10:46 AM
Are you playing on Freshman? Or is there not a skill level, or what?

As far as I know its default (not sure if you can even change the settings). Honestly, it wouldn't matter as I am barely trying and still putting up these ungodly #s. Once I get a start I then sim the rest of the season win the Heisman and move on to the next guy.

CLW
07-08-2012, 01:17 PM
Game 1 Ware - 968 Yards Passing 15 TDs

SmoothPancakes
07-08-2012, 01:32 PM
Jesus Christ. I don't know if I'm even gonna want to play this mode just to achievement whore. Numbers like that aren't in any way fun for me.

CLW
07-08-2012, 01:40 PM
Jesus Christ. I don't know if I'm even gonna want to play this mode just to achievement whore. Numbers like that aren't in any way fun for me.

Well you wouldn't necessarily "have" to put up these #s. I'm merely showing that they are possible and in fact easy to do. This Blitz The League Slow Mo thing makes things so..... easy its not even funny.

CLW
07-08-2012, 02:03 PM
Ware through 3 games = 104/126, 2700 Passing Yards, 35 TDs, 5 Ints

Unfortunately that would normally be enough for just about every other Heisman winner to beat their stats but Ware's stats are ungodly. Shame on :Houston: for runnin' up the score :nod:

SmoothPancakes
07-08-2012, 02:04 PM
Well you wouldn't necessarily "have" to put up these #s. I'm merely showing that they are possible and in fact easy to do. This Blitz The League Slow Mo thing makes things so..... easy its not even funny.

Yeah, but unless I just kneel the ball every play for an entire half, from the sounds of how little effort it takes, I'd be putting up those numbers regardless.

CLW
07-08-2012, 02:41 PM
Well I learned Allen > Barry

833 Yards 12 TDs Game 1

George couldn't match Allen "only" 725 yards but tied Allen with 12 TDs.

ram29jackson
07-08-2012, 03:25 PM
they arent doing an online stream release party tomorrow likey they have the past 2 years ?

CLW
07-08-2012, 03:46 PM
And with Palmer's 29/39 1090 Yard 18 TD Game 1 performance I need to go take a shower

souljahbill
07-08-2012, 04:07 PM
And with Palmer's 29/39 1090 Yard 18 TD Game 1 performance I need to go take a shower

ROFLMFAO!!!!

I can't take it!!! LOL!!! That shit is HILARIOUS!!!

SmoothPancakes
07-09-2012, 05:28 PM
On dear god. :fp: Just played a Heisman Challenge game with RGIII. Playing on 5 minute quarters, I won 140-14, going 25-39, throwing for 1,334 yards and 19 touchdowns. :fp:

morsdraconis
07-09-2012, 05:32 PM
....WHAT?!...

Holy christ! What's the fuckin' point? :smh:

CLW
07-09-2012, 05:32 PM
On dear god. :fp: Just played a Heisman Challenge game with RGIII. Playing on 5 minute quarters, I won 140-14, going 25-39, throwing for 1,334 yards and 19 touchdowns. :fp:

Yeah its best to play :sf: and blindfolded and then perhaps after cutting off one of your hands to give the CPU a fighting chance.

ram29jackson
07-09-2012, 05:34 PM
....WHAT?!...

Holy christ! What's the fuckin' point? :smh:

:Heisman_Trophy:

and trophy whoring

CLW
07-09-2012, 05:35 PM
trophy whoring

Fixed.

SmoothPancakes
07-09-2012, 06:24 PM
Wow. I literally only played two games, simming the entire rest of the season, and still completed all four "goals" and won the Heisman Trophy with ease with RG III. And now there's still 9 MORE of this shit? :fp: I honestly don't even know if I want to so much as achievement whore the rest of this game mode, it's such a fucking pointless waste of time, when I could be doing stuff in my dynasty (once I get it started up) or custom playbooks, or something, something much more productive than throwing for 1,300 yards and 15+ TDs a game. :fp:

Rudy
07-09-2012, 06:28 PM
Smooth, is there a difficulty option in that mode? I can't believe you put up those kind of numbers in one game lol.

SmoothPancakes
07-09-2012, 06:30 PM
Smooth, is there a difficulty option in that mode? I can't believe you put up those kind of numbers in one game lol.

There might be, I didn't look. Whatever the default difficulty, settings and sliders are, that's what I played with.

Rudy
07-09-2012, 06:31 PM
I just can't get over you scoring 19 TD in 20 minutes. That's mind boggling.

steelerfan
07-09-2012, 06:43 PM
Don't you trophy whores do stupid shit like controlling 12 teams in a dynasty and then simming several years to try and win every bowl game and rivalry trophy? How is this stupid shit stupider than that stupid shit?

SmoothPancakes
07-09-2012, 06:59 PM
Don't you trophy whores do stupid shit like controlling 12 teams in a dynasty and then simming several years to try and win every bowl game and rivalry trophy? How is this stupid shit stupider than that stupid shit?

Well, first, scoring 19 TDs and throwing for 1,300+ yards in 20 minutes is truly stupid shit. Second, I don't have to control 12 teams to do that. I can just simply play each bowl game and rivalry game from inside my single-team dynasty and get those trophies with no problems. But I haven't done that since 11 (were those trophies/achievements in 12's game?), so even that, I haven't attempted recently. And the most I will do, if I get truly frustrated (looking at you, fucking interception returned for a TD with player lock on), I'll go two controllers, but that's the most I'll do.

Rudy
07-09-2012, 07:08 PM
That reminds me of some stuff I used to do with Tecmo Super Bowl. One year my goal was to get Sammie Smith as many yards as I could get in one year. I can't remember how many I got but I finished 13-3 on the year so it got pretty tough at the end. I think I was trying to get 5000 rushing yards but I failed at over 4000 lol. Sammie wasn't that great. One year I took Cleveland and tried to get Eric Metcalf as many catches and rushes as possible. Sometimes that's fun but those stats are outdoing Tecmo!

steelerfan
07-09-2012, 11:29 PM
LMAO and :smh: all at the same time.

Guys, I finally loaded Heisman Challenge tonight. It took me about 15 seconds to scroll over to "Heisman Setup" and see that there is a section called "Heisman Challenge House Rules". There you can select your skill level and tweak sliders. Nice job playing on, and complaining about, Varsity. :fp:

Anyway the mode is not for me, but I knew there had to be settings to make it somewhat of a challenge. :D:D:D

SmoothPancakes
07-10-2012, 08:48 AM
LMAO and :smh: all at the same time.

Guys, I finally loaded Heisman Challenge tonight. It took me about 15 seconds to scroll over to "Heisman Setup" and see that there is a section called "Heisman Challenge House Rules". There you can select your skill level and tweak sliders. Nice job playing on, and complaining about, Varsity. :fp:

Anyway the mode is not for me, but I knew there had to be settings to make it somewhat of a challenge. :D:D:D

Well, in our defense, Road To Glory didn't have settings in the past. Whatever they set it to that year, that's what you were stuck with.

ram29jackson
07-10-2012, 10:25 AM
Well, in our defense, Road To Glory didn't have settings in the past. Whatever they set it to that year, that's what you were stuck with.

I dont think thats true either ...? i'm pretty sure I did last year ....?

psuexv
07-10-2012, 10:26 AM

Whatever helps you sleep at night :D

SmoothPancakes
07-10-2012, 10:57 AM
I dont think thats true either ...? i'm pretty sure I did last year ....?

Well, I wouldn't know that because I never got out of the HS playoffs in my RTG file last year. Played the HS playoff games up to the state championship game, then said fuck it for whatever reason and never touched the mode again.

Whatever helps you sleep at night :D

Just saying, it's understandable. NCAA '11 (the last time I truly played RTG), there were no sliders and you couldn't change minutes or difficulty in RTG. Why would I expect EA to actually do something to remedy that issue in Heisman Challenge?