PDA

View Full Version : New plays in NCAA Football 13

beartide06
07-01-2012, 12:09 AM
Since I believe there was a thread started about plays that people wished were in the game, I felt it would be neat to add a thread for plays that ARE in the upcoming game.

People can start posting with some plays they saw in the demo, and it can continue when the game releases as well. I'll start...

Two plays that just stick out to me are the HB mid screen in Baylor's shotgun-spread playbook, and the PA TE screen in one of Alabama's playbooks( can't remember which one off the top of my head). To me, the HB mid screen is essentially a designed shovel pass play. It can be a very deadly play if the DL comes hot. I have also found the PA TE screen to be a very deadly play. I t has worked for me with a high % success rate.

I have noticed quite a few other plays, but I will let some other people state which plays they have noticed.

JeffHCross
07-01-2012, 10:18 AM
I noticed "QB Power" in Kansas State's playbook, in both Shotgun Normal Y-Slot and Shotgun Y-Trips. I don't recall previously seeing a QB Power from either of those formations.

baseballplyrmvp
07-01-2012, 12:23 PM
hb mid screen was in the game last year. i believe though, that it was only in the shotgun spread formation (not sure) and wasnt present in any of the other shotgun formations.

Escobar
07-01-2012, 07:15 PM
QB Power has been in the game for the past few years under the Shotgun Y-Trips formation. I think in Tulsa's playbook.

Escobar
07-01-2012, 07:22 PM
double

JeffHCross
07-01-2012, 08:48 PM
QB Power has been in the game for the past few years under the Shotgun Y-Trips formation. I think in Tulsa's playbook.Ah yes, you're right. It was in the Tulsa/Florida/Miss St books. I was thinking it was only under the Shotgun that had the TE/FE flexed in the backfield, but it was in Y-Trips as well.