PDA

View Full Version : For NCAA 13 I am starting a dynasty with...

jaymo76
06-30-2012, 12:44 PM
Last year I started a thread for who I would use in NCAA 12. We had a pretty good discussion of who oeple would use and why. In NCAA 12 I decided to start as the OC at Syracuse and my ultimate goal was to be the Head Coach at Indiana. I spent three years as OC at Syracuse and then took over as the Head Coach of Cal. Long story short, I never got my shot at going to Indiana. I thought about starting at Indian this year but I'm just not feeling it for them right now.

I am really struggling with who to be in 13. I know I will start as a coordinator but that's about it.

Some possible teams I may start with:

1. UMASS
2. UTSA
3. Idaho
4. Rice
5. Northwestern

I like UMASS and UTSA simply because they are new to the game. I like Idaho because I can't help but wonder if this is the last time they will be in the game as it seems fait accompli that the WAC is done. Rice seems like a team I could have a lot of fun with. However, they may be more of a "final destination" team for me. Same with Northwestern. I don't know if I want to start there but they would be a great challenge when I get to be a Head Coach.

Another team that may have a possibility is Hawaii. I would like to transform them into a PRO STYLE offense. Once again though, is this a starting job as an OC or should this be a final destination as a Head Coach? I will probably only take two or a amx of three jobs before we get to NCAA 14.

My team is Arizona St. but I don't really want to be in the PAC 12 as last year I was CAL and in 11 I used my Sun Devils. In 09 I did a dynasty with UTEP and I really enjoyed that so UTEP could be a possibility as a starting point. Another team that I may consider is Virginia as I used them exclusively in 07 on the PS2. So with a week to go before season pass, I still don't know my plan.

Where are you guys starting and in what capacity? Also, where is it your goal to get to???

CLW
06-30-2012, 01:07 PM
You and I are thinking along the same lines. Last year I started my Coaching Career as DC at :Rice: and it was tough (especially with Steeler's slider set):up:

This year I'm torn as well. I usually like the academic schools but I found it was really tough to advance the career b/c I just never got offers from the solid academic programs and never even sniffed my dream job at :Duke: despite multiple national and conference titles. :(

My current thought process:

OC Positions
:Texas_State:
:UMass:
:UTSA:
:New_Mexico:

DC Positions
:Texas_State:
:UMass:
:UTSA:
:Memphis:

At this point I'm probably leaning towards either :UMass: or one of new Texas schools. I imagine :UMass: is a tougher recruiting location so I'll probably start out there as either an OC or DC.

SmoothPancakes
06-30-2012, 01:12 PM
I'm continuing down the career path of my Coaching Carousel Career dynasty that I'm posting here on the site. By my own career advancement rules, I'm not allowed to be a head coach anywhere until at least 5 years as a coordinator, so I have no choice but to be an OC.

As for what I'm going with, that's going to depend on NCAA 12. I'm currently four games away from completing and ending my third season as OC at Florida International. Once I wrap up my season, I'm gonna go through the end of season stuff and go through the coaching carousel. I have/had a three year contract with FIU, so after my current season concludes, my contract is gonna be over and I'm gonna go into the great of unknown of having no clue where the hell I'm gonna end up.

Wherever I end up at once the coaching carousel concludes, that's where I'm gonna start my dynasty in NCAA 13. I'm gonna be able to start next Friday since I'm gonna pretend I'm in 2014 in the game, so I'm either going to sim ahead a couple years, then take over my coaching role, or I'm just gonna auto-name the rosters, create my custom playbook, and jump right into my dynasty.

jaymo76
06-30-2012, 01:41 PM
CLW, I also am leaning more towards UMASS. However, I may be a DC instead as I can picture putting up some big numbers against some of the weaker schools in the conferecne if I am the OC.

souljahbill
06-30-2012, 01:52 PM
Last few years I started out at my TB and eventually making my way to :Southern_Miss:. In NCAA 12, I started as a 4-3 DC at my TB school before leaving to be the HC at :Southern_Miss:. This year, I'll start out as the OC at :Idaho:, running the Pistol. Since it's unclear if :Idaho: will be in NCAA 14, I'll try to hang a championship banner in the Kibbie Dome before its just a distant memory. When I played as a DC in NCAA 12, the offense made life so complicated that they drove me nuts. This year, with the passing and read option improvements, I may be able to control the ball well enough to where I can hopefully keep the defense off the field. As always, the goal is to become HC at :Southern_Miss: and hang some banners in M.M. Roberts Stadium.

steelerfan
06-30-2012, 01:55 PM
I will be playing as a HC and I'll start at one of the new schools, or possibly North Texas. Right now, I'm leaning towards UMASS as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

souljahbill
06-30-2012, 01:59 PM
Oh, and Jaymo, Hawaii IS a pro-style team starting this year. Norm Chow is their coach now.

baseballplyrmvp
06-30-2012, 03:42 PM
Oh, and Jaymo, Hawaii IS a pro-style team starting this year. Norm Chow is their coach now.

:mad: dont remind me.

ram29jackson
06-30-2012, 04:48 PM
no matter who I start one with, I like playing other games each week as well !

Penn State, created teams...dont know ?

I'm more interested in which 2 online dynastys will I join ?

PeteyKirch
06-30-2012, 05:42 PM
The only team I play with, Rutgers.

Just hope that EA decides to offer some sort of uniform update so I can use their real uniforms.

jaymo76
06-30-2012, 10:53 PM

Oh I totally forgot about that. I will also be introducing a 4-2-5 D for whatever team I play as this year once I get to the level of head coach.

beartide06
07-01-2012, 12:16 AM
I'm going to have to go with :Alabama:, :UTSA:, :Texas_State:, :UMass:, and maybe swap :UMass: out for :South_Alabama:. I am really interested in building up some of the new teams and seeing if I can turn them into powerhouses. Also, me and a friend of mine may try and bring up another smaller team in a co-op offline dynasty. Should be a ton of fun with the new recruiting!

marcotte14
07-01-2012, 09:11 AM
Every year I am in an Online Dynasty with some guys from work. This year we decided to play in the MWC. The teams we decided to go with are Wyoming, Colorado St., Hawaii, and Northern Illinois (I am putting them the the MWC) I will be Wyoming because I have never played with them before and they would be fun to try to build them up.

jaymo76
07-01-2012, 11:47 AM
Every year I have Wyoming in my top ten but I have never been them. Maybe this year I will have to give them serious consideration???

baseballplyrmvp
07-01-2012, 12:25 PM
Every year I have Wyoming in my top ten but I have never been them. Maybe this year I will have to give them serious consideration???

do you really want to play with a team that has shit colored brown as their base uniform color? :D

jaymo76
07-01-2012, 12:30 PM
do you really want to play with a team that has shit colored brown as their base uniform color? :D

That's the big issue lol. But I do love the stadium. Plus, I see they have a few more uni options this year.

cts
07-01-2012, 02:29 PM
I'm starting with New Mexico in my OD. They were pretty bad last year 1-11, and will be a major project. Located between Cali and Texas could be nice, too

But these helmets sold it for me:
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt82/ram29jackson/ncaa%2013%20teams/newmexico.png

Marlowe
07-01-2012, 03:00 PM
Texas State...maybe...

Tako 715
07-01-2012, 03:27 PM
On '12, I tried the carousel. I started as OC at E Mich, eventually wanting to end up as a Big Ten HC. I moved on to OC at W Mich, then HC at N Tex and Tex Tech. I won conference every year at every school, and national champs twice at Texas Tech. I never got more than and OC gig offered from the Big Ten. What gives?

This year I will probably just start with WI, or Minn. Also a little intrigued by Wash St for some reason.

thirtydaZe
07-01-2012, 04:49 PM
HC at Neb. As usual. I just dont know that i could stomach rolling with another team, although i have been tampering with team builder for the first time.

Kingpin32
07-01-2012, 09:27 PM
I've been thinking of starting out with Wash. St. They have our former head coach Mike Leech there so it should be interesting to play with them.

steelerfan
07-01-2012, 09:35 PM
I'll play, at least, one season with Ole Miss this year for DariusLock. I haven't used them since Eli's last year there.

jaymo76
07-01-2012, 11:50 PM
I'll play, at least, one season with Ole Miss this year for DariusLock. I haven't used them since Eli's last year there.

That's a nice gesture Matt! If Ole Miss offers me a job I will also accept.

souljahbill
07-02-2012, 10:32 AM
Changing my mind. Just gonna become the OC at Southern Miss and stay there forever, either as the OC or, hopefully, the HC if he ever finds a "better" job (more likely) or gets fired (not likely).

psusnoop
07-02-2012, 10:47 AM

Was thinking of that yesterday as well. Just trying to figure out which OD or I may run with them in an offline one too.

JBHuskers
07-02-2012, 10:55 AM
Last year, I started one with Idaho as a DC, but as soon as OD's got off the ground, I never looked at it again, so I'm not sure if I'll run an offline one this year. If I do, I might start as a Nebraska OC and try to come full circle to be eventually a Nebraska HC.

baseballplyrmvp
07-02-2012, 09:30 PM
Last year, I started one with Idaho as a DC, but as soon as OD's got off the ground, I never looked at it again, so I'm not sure if I'll run an offline one this year. If I do, I might start as a Nebraska OC and try to come full circle to be eventually a Nebraska HC.

is it possible to get a HC offer, if you're the OC of that same school?

steelerfan
07-02-2012, 09:36 PM

I don't have personal experience, but I think snoop had it happen at SJST.

JBHuskers
07-02-2012, 09:43 PM

It is. Or you leave, take a HC job and hope the offer eventually comes to go back as the HC of Nebraska.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

baseballplyrmvp
07-02-2012, 09:56 PM
It is. Or you leave, take a HC job and hope the offer eventually comes to go back as the HC of Nebraska.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

i know the second part could happen easily....but to go from OC one year, to HC at the same school the next? i know it doesnt happen all that often in real life, but so many of the HC's goals are dependant on your success as a coordinator, that it makes it almost impossible to accomplish, without leaving first.

it gets frustrating after a while, knowing that your playcalling, play as the offense, and recruiting are the sole reasons why the team is so successful, especially when the cpu controlled coaches dont do shit.

jaymo76
07-04-2012, 11:24 PM
Okay, I MAY be making a major change in direction. I am considering going with Minnesota now as I really want to see more variable weather in action. I have not played a dynasty SNOW game since NCAA 09!

BigWY
07-04-2012, 11:54 PM
Wyoming!

ram29jackson
07-05-2012, 12:54 AM
HC at Neb. As usual. I just dont know that i could stomach rolling with another team, although i have been tampering with team builder for the first time.

:) keep tampering

JSmith03
07-05-2012, 10:00 PM
I am thinking about being teh Alabama Crimson Tide, putting teh difficult on Varsity, and winning teh Nation Championship. :))

SmoothPancakes
07-05-2012, 10:12 PM
I have just officially finished the post-season 2013 coaching carousel in my dynasty that I am posting here on the site. After three years as Offensive Coordinator of Florida International, racking up a 26-13 career record and two Sun Belt conference titles, I would like to officially announce, I am taking my talents to.....

:Tulsa:

souljahbill
07-05-2012, 10:58 PM
Woohoo! There's a party going down in Oklahoma!

jaymo76
07-05-2012, 11:02 PM
I have just officially finished the post-season 2013 coaching carousel in my dynasty that I am posting here on the site. After three years as Offensive Coordinator of Florida International, racking up a 26-13 career record and two Sun Belt conference titles, I would like to officially announce, I am taking my talents to.....

:Tulsa:

As the HC or the OC??? If memory serves you are still an OC for a few more years of your master plan aren't you?

SmoothPancakes
07-05-2012, 11:18 PM
As the HC or the OC??? If memory serves you are still an OC for a few more years of your master plan aren't you?

Yes, still an offensive coordinator. It'll be another 3-4 yards before I can be a head coach, and even then, only at a mid-major 3 stars or less, if memory serves me right.

jaymo76
07-05-2012, 11:21 PM
Yes, still an offensive coordinator. It'll be another 3-4 yards before I can be a head coach, and even then, only at a mid-major 3 stars or less, if memory serves me right.

I have decided I am putting you into my game for 13.

Mr. Smooth Pancakes as the OC for Tulsa. I will watch your progress closely

SmoothPancakes
07-06-2012, 10:23 AM
Sweet. :D You'll have to keep me updated on how his career turns out. :)

punter
07-06-2012, 02:06 PM
Down to two teams
1 Toledo Rockets
2 NIU
guess I'll flip a coin

PinstripeBroncos87
07-09-2012, 01:43 PM
One of these 5 teams.

1. Florida State
2. UTSA
3. Texas State