PDA

View Full Version : 2012 NBA Offseason Talk

JBHuskers
06-25-2012, 12:51 PM
We are already on the heels of the NBA Draft (Thursday), or the draft of Kentucky to the NBA basically.

Some rumors already flying around on who the Heat might be targeting in the offseason in terms of pieces (Jason Terry / Ray Allen).

Should be a very interesting offseason. Free agency opens on Sunday I believe.

souljahbill
06-25-2012, 01:09 PM
Miami needs more bigs

skipwondah33
06-25-2012, 01:25 PM
Miami needs more bigsNo kidding, that will actually play. Curry didn't see many games, neither did Pittman. But outside of them, Bosh and Turiaf that is it.

Allen would be a great fit there. He had to work for his shots in Boston. You imagine him shooting spot up 3's in Miami majority of the time?

morsdraconis
06-25-2012, 01:57 PM
I would HATE to see Allen in Miami, but it would extend his career by 3 years, easily. He's a good defender and one of the best 3 point shooters to play the game when not injured. But, as a Celtic fan, I'd loathe to see him there.

JBHuskers
06-25-2012, 02:15 PM
I would HATE to see Allen in Miami, but it would extend his career by 3 years, easily. He's a good defender and one of the best 3 point shooters to play the game when not injured. But, as a Celtic fan, I'd loathe to see him there.

+ :infinity:

Kwizzy
06-25-2012, 02:41 PM
:+1: on Shuttlesworth to the heat being awful. I love him but that would make me want to throw up.

As a Mavs fan I'm hoping for the following:
-Amnesty or trade Haywood.
-Jeremy Lamb in the draft.
-Sign Deron Williams and possibly resign Kidd as a backup (which he's said he'd love to do).
-Get JET to Re-Sign somehow (though I think he'll want too much $ for too many years).
-Pick up the option on Brandon Wright.

Obviously they need more quality FA signings than that but those are the moves I'd specifically like to see.

Also, I think Greg Oden is an interesting shot that might be worth taking as a backup.

JBHuskers
06-25-2012, 02:54 PM
:+1: on Shuttlesworth to the heat being awful. I love him but that would make me want to throw up.

As a Mavs fan I'm hoping for the following:
-Amnesty or trade Haywood.
-Jeremy Lamb in the draft.
-Sign Deron Williams and possibly resign Kidd as a backup (which he's said he'd love to do).
-Get JET to Re-Sign somehow (though I think he'll want too much $ for too many years).
-Pick up the option on Brandon Wright.

Obviously they need more quality FA signings than that but those are the moves I'd specifically like to see.

Also, I think Greg Oden is an interesting shot that might be worth taking as a backup.

That's why the Jet won't fly to Miami. He'll want way more than Battier money.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Kwizzy
06-25-2012, 03:05 PM
That's why the Jet won't fly to Miami. He'll want way more than Battier money.

Def. If he wanted Battier money he'd take it from Dallas.

skipwondah33
06-26-2012, 08:17 AM
Def. If he wanted Battier money he'd take it from Dallas.And he doesn't do as much as Battier as far as playing defense/used at different positions for Miami to warrant paying him that much.

morsdraconis
06-26-2012, 11:13 AM
And he doesn't do as much as Battier as far as playing defense/used at different positions for Miami to warrant paying him that much.

He's FAR more talented than Battier is on the offensive side of the ball though. He can dribble drive against most SGs and is one of the most consistent 15-20 point scorers there is in the game. Give the Heat the ability to have someone like that on the floor at the 2 with Wade at the 1, James at either the 3 or 4, and Bosh at the 4 or 5 and you have a talented team that can easily score 85+ themselves.

JBHuskers
06-26-2012, 12:57 PM
Got this from Bleacher Report's Facebook. This billboard was made outside of Deron's home. Can you say desperation?

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/Deron.jpg

JBHuskers
06-26-2012, 01:03 PM
DJ Steve Porter back at it :D :D :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQnu83R5CuM&feature=youtu.be

skipwondah33
06-26-2012, 03:48 PM
He's FAR more talented than Battier is on the offensive side of the ball though. He can dribble drive against most SGs and is one of the most consistent 15-20 point scorers there is in the game. Give the Heat the ability to have someone like that on the floor at the 2 with Wade at the 1, James at either the 3 or 4, and Bosh at the 4 or 5 and you have a talented team that can easily score 85+ themselves.Very true but they don't win the Title without Battier. They don't make their playoff run without Battier. He was able to play against Brandon Bass and/or Paul Pierce when needed. Then David West in the the Indy series.

As you know Miami may care more about Defense than offense as they are one of the better defensive teams in the league. Terry is only going to give you Offense and no where near that flexibility on defense.

It wouldn't be a bad dilemma to have though that is for sure. He would get alot of open looks and when teams ran out at him he definitely can drive. It was unfair at times watching someone drive him off the 3 point line only for him to pop a 15-20 footer with ease. He could have 15 points in 5-7 minutes lol

Kwizzy
06-27-2012, 09:23 AM
Completely different players obviously & I don't think anyone was comparing them in any sense except how much money they could get to play in Miami really. Miami can't pay him any more than Dallas would be willing to especially in a 1 year deal.

Kingpin32
06-27-2012, 09:26 AM
I wish Deron Williams would stay in Brooklyn. He has a better future there than trying to come to Dallas and be apart another rebuilding team. Cause in a few years once Dirk leaves that's what they'll become.

Kwizzy
06-27-2012, 10:31 AM
I wish Deron Williams would stay in Brooklyn. He has a better future there than trying to come to Dallas and be apart another rebuilding team. Cause in a few years once Dirk leaves that's what they'll become.

I disagree, Mark Cuban is too good of an owner to let his team fall off for long. Sure there may be a bit of a slump when Dirk retires but it wont last long. Also with DWill they would always have big stars interested in playing with him.

All that being said, Dirk's game is based on exactly zero athletecism so I really don't think you will see his game fall off as much or as fast as some others. He may not always be the go to guy but ists still always dangerous to have a 7 foot jump shooter on the floor .

Deuce
06-27-2012, 10:33 AM
I disagree, Mark Cuban is too good of an owner to let his team fall off for long. Sure there may be a bit of a slump when Dirk retires but it wont last long. Also with DWill they would always have big stars interested in playing with him.

All that being said, Dirk's game is based on exactly zero athletecism so I really don't think you will see his game fall off as much or as fast as some others. He may not always be the go to guy but ists still always dangerous to have a 7 foot jump shooter on the floor .

:nod: we need Dwill in big D!

skipwondah33
06-27-2012, 12:39 PM
Completely different players obviously & I don't think anyone was comparing them in any sense except how much money they could get to play in Miami really. Miami can't pay him any more than Dallas would be willing to especially in a 1 year deal.Yeah.

Thing is IMO he'd better shot at going for a Title in Miami than in Dallas. Know they wouldn't sign both Terry and Allen but couldn't go wrong honestly with either for sure.

Kwizzy
06-27-2012, 05:24 PM
Yeah.

Thing is IMO he'd better shot at going for a Title in Miami than in Dallas. Know they wouldn't sign both Terry and Allen but couldn't go wrong honestly with either for sure.

That's probably true but I don't know if JET is the type to chase the title just to chase it. Especially after he already got one as one of the focal points. If there were more $ in Miami I'm sure he would do it but but all things even I think he'd rather go down as one of the greats in Mavs history.

skipwondah33
06-28-2012, 09:28 AM
That's probably true but I don't know if JET is the type to chase the title just to chase it. Especially after he already got one as one of the focal points. If there were more $ in Miami I'm sure he would do it but but all things even I think he'd rather go down as one of the greats in Mavs history.That is true. If it were equal $ on both sides then yeah I'd see him staying with what he has now with the Mavs, fans, teammates, etc. He definitely could get more money in Dallas, even still if Williams signs.

JBHuskers
06-28-2012, 10:12 AM
Could be an interesting start to the draft tonight:

Source: Bobcats weighing 5 offers (http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2012/story/_/id/8104451/2012-nba-draft-charlotte-bobcats-weighing-offers-no-2-pick)

JBHuskers
06-28-2012, 10:58 AM
:D :D :D this is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Tr798FivP0&feature=youtu.be

skipwondah33
06-28-2012, 11:23 AM
Haha that is great

JBHuskers
07-02-2012, 10:10 AM
Looking more and more like the Big 3 in Boston will stay in tact :up:

ram29jackson
07-02-2012, 01:16 PM
Looking more and more like the Big 3 in Boston will stay in tact :up:

is that a positive at this point?

JBHuskers
07-02-2012, 01:18 PM
is that a positive at this point?

They were one game from making the finals. I'd say so.

JBHuskers
07-03-2012, 01:28 PM
Well .... WOW. Maybe the Celtics are going to let Ray Allen go to the Heat. Word is from Yahoo Sports that Jason Terry is nearing the signing of a multi-year deal with the Celtics!

skipwondah33
07-03-2012, 01:42 PM
Well .... WOW. Maybe the Celtics are going to let Ray Allen go to the Heat. Word is from Yahoo Sports that Jason Terry is nearing the signing of a multi-year deal with the Celtics!
Should be a solid fit for the Celtics if so. Wonder if he would start? I'd imagine but his production off the bench would be great for them.

JBHuskers
07-03-2012, 01:54 PM
Should be a solid fit for the Celtics if so. Wonder if he would start? I'd imagine but his production off the bench would be great for them.

All depends if they re-sign Ray (which as early as yesterday seemed very likely). To me initially, the Terry signing was the writing on the wall that Ray isn't going to be resigned, but you never know...but in looking at it, there can't be a way that Ray is going to be re-signed.

Just imagine how DEEP the Celtics will be next year even without Ray. Avery Bradley and Jeff Green are back, Jared Sullinger and Fab Melo are rookies. Throw in Jason Terry now. Not sure if guys like Pietrus and Dooling would be back. I'd be fine if they didn't bring back Dooling. This is going to be a very deep team regardless, but if Ray does re-sign, holy shit.

JBHuskers
07-03-2012, 02:31 PM
Some how in all of that I forgot a trade that I really loved last year, the trade for Brandon Bass.

And it has now became official, Terry has signed on the dotted line with the Celtics.

morsdraconis
07-03-2012, 02:47 PM
Some how in all of that I forgot a trade that I really loved last year, the trade for Brandon Bass.

And it has now became official, Terry has signed on the dotted line with the Celtics.

Wow! That's crazy! What a change for them. Terry is electric though, when he's on.

Kingpin32
07-03-2012, 02:50 PM
Apparently the Lakers and Magic are close to a Bynam/Howard trade.

SmoothPancakes
07-03-2012, 06:24 PM
No D-Will for the Mavs. Deron Williams is staying with the Nets. The Mavs just took a big hit. Lost Terry and couldn't pick up D-Will.

Kingpin32
07-03-2012, 06:28 PM
All the Mavs fan I follow on twitter are piiisssed.

skipwondah33
07-03-2012, 06:30 PM
Good for the Nets though. Moved out of that arena in New Jersey and look to be putting together a solid team on paper. Glad Avery will have some talent to work with

Deuce
07-03-2012, 06:32 PM
I'm a Mavs guy but I'm not too upset. At best, they still would only be the 2nd best team in the western conf with DWill.

JSmith03
07-04-2012, 10:50 AM
So, uhh...I'm hoping the Bulls sign Nick Young or Brandon Roy at SG. Don't think Rip Hamilton is the answer (and wasn't a long-term answer anyway).

Kingpin32
07-04-2012, 10:53 AM
So, uhh...I'm hoping the Bulls sign Nick Young or Brandon Roy at SG. Don't think Rip Hamilton is the answer (and wasn't a long-term answer anyway).
I'd much rather us get Nick Young. Brandon Roy is a big ass risk for a multi year contract.

psuexv
07-05-2012, 10:31 AM
SportsNation: Kobe and Steve Nash were drafted in the same year (1996). Can you name the other dudes in this picture?

https://p.twimg.com/AxDDUmJCEAAO3cl.jpg:large

NatureBoy
07-05-2012, 10:40 AM
Steve Nash headed to the Lakers! (http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8130840/steve-nash-headed-los-angeles-lakers-sign-trade-deal) :up::clap:

psuexv
07-05-2012, 10:40 AM
Left to right - Marcus Camby, Stephon Marbury, Kobe, not sure, Jermaine O'Neal, Nash, Not sure, Antonie Walker
Front - Ray Allen, Not sure, Not Sure

morsdraconis
07-05-2012, 11:25 AM
Left to right - Marcus Camby, Stephon Marbury, Kobe, not sure, Jermaine O'Neal, Nash, Not sure, Antonie Walker
Front - Ray Allen, Not sure, Not Sure

Left to right - Marcus Camby, Stephon Marbury, Kobe, Shareef Abdul-Rahim, Jermaine O'Neal, Nash, John Wallace? (pretty sure that's a New York Knicks uniform), Antonie Walker
Front - Ray Allen, Kerry Kittles, Samaki Walker (pretty sure that's the old Dallas Mavs uniforms in that picture)

psuexv
07-05-2012, 11:33 AM
Kerry Kittles

That was the one that was really bugging me. Just couldn't place the face.

morsdraconis
07-05-2012, 11:43 AM
That was the one that was really bugging me. Just couldn't place the face.

I'm not gonna lie, I looked that shit up, but I was pretty sure it was who that was before I did.

skipwondah33
07-05-2012, 12:29 PM
SportsNation: Kobe and Steve Nash were drafted in the same year (1996). Can you name the other dudes in this picture?

https://p.twimg.com/AxDDUmJCEAAO3cl.jpg:largeMarcus Camby, Steph Marbury, Ray Allen, Shareef Abdul-Rahim, Jermaine O'neal, Kerry Kittles, John Wallace?, Antoine Walker, Can't see the last guy's face.

Didn't look these up either

JBHuskers
07-05-2012, 03:23 PM
News keeps getting better for the Celtics. They have re-signed Brandon Bass, one of my favorite acquisitions from last season in the Big Baby trade. Today's news is saying there could be a great chance that Ray Allen comes back also. If the Clippers sign Crawford, then it will be almost certain he returns because Boston is offering double what Miami is.

SmoothPancakes
07-06-2012, 08:53 AM
And just like that, the Mavs are a lottery team. Jason Kidd leaving for the Knicks. The Mavs have been ravaged this off-season.

Deuce
07-06-2012, 08:59 AM
And just like that, the Mavs are a lottery team. Jason Kidd leaving for the Knicks. The Mavs have been ravaged this off-season.

Ya, as much as is pains me to say this I think the best thing for the Mavs and Dirk is to trade Dirk and start over. There really is nothing the Mavs can do to compete in the west with what's left. Even of they get Howard next year they don't have the guards to make a run at the title. :(

SmoothPancakes
07-06-2012, 09:10 AM
Ya, as much as is pains me to say this I think the best thing for the Mavs and Dirk is to trade Dirk and start over. There really is nothing the Mavs can do to compete in the west with what's left. Even of they get Howard next year they don't have the guards to make a run at the title. :(

Yeah, best to just trade Dirk and let him go chase another ring with a team that will actually give him that chance. The Mavs won't be sniffing the finals again for at least a couple years from the looks of it.

Deuce
07-06-2012, 09:12 AM
Yeah, best to just trade Dirk and let him go chase another ring with a team that will actually give him that chance. The Mavs won't be sniffing the finals again for at least a couple years from the looks of it.

I'd love for them to work out a deal with OKC. Plenty of young talent on that team and Dirk would put them over the top. Being from Oklahoma they are my 2nd favorite team.

Kwizzy
07-06-2012, 09:40 AM
Dirk is one of 2 players with a full blown No Trade clause (Kobe is the other). The only way he gets traded is if he says "Trade me" & he's not going to do that. He's long said he wants to retire a Mav. I really don't have words for what has gone down in the last week for them. It really stinks to see this happen for Dirk more than anyone. Like I said before, Cuban isn't going to let that team stay down for long no matter what happens but Dirk has a pretty small window left where he can be THE GUY.

Deuce
07-06-2012, 09:50 AM
It really does suck. Dirk is my favorite player of all time and the Mavs are my favorite team. I'm afraid Dirk's career is going to end on a down note and I hate that for him. I love the fact he's so loyal but I'm afraid the Mavs choices are pretty limited.

Kwizzy
07-06-2012, 10:16 AM
It really does suck. Dirk is my favorite player of all time and the Mavs are my favorite team. I'm afraid Dirk's career is going to end on a down note and I hate that for him. I love the fact he's so loyal but I'm afraid the Mavs choices are pretty limited.

Yeah, they really don't have many options at this point. That being said, I think the fact that Dirk carried a team to a championship with such an increidible personal playoff run will cement his place as an all-time great no matter where his teams end up in the next few years. Still sad but nothing can change the fact that he was one of the more dominant PF and scorers to play the game.

psuexv
07-06-2012, 10:30 AM
Like I said before, Cuban isn't going to let that team stay down for long

This. The move might not work, but he'll definitely do something to try and put them in place.

Kwizzy
07-06-2012, 10:37 AM
This. The move might not work, but he'll definitely do something to try and put them in place.

Exactly, players love playing for Cuban b/c he's willing to do what it takes to win.

Also, I don't think people really understand just how big an impact the differences in the new CBA with regard to luxury tax are. Used to be guys like Cuban would laugh at having to spend $20-50 million over the tax line b/c it would only cost them 50 cents on the dollar or something like that. Now with the new CBA, if a team is constantly over the tax line (3 of any 4 yrs) it's going to cost them $4 / $1 over the line. That's a lot of money & Cuban is taking a wait and see approach. This business as usual approach could really start to hamper other teams' ability to make any strong moves in future years and Cuban will be there to reap the benefits of playing it smart.

So it's not like the Mavs are going back to years and years of losing, it's just unfortunate that this will impact the last cpl years of Dirk's career.

JBHuskers
07-06-2012, 11:47 AM
Dirk is a very loyal guy, and Cuban and Dirk like each other too much to get rid of him.

skipwondah33
07-06-2012, 12:10 PM
Dirk is a very loyal guy, and Cuban and Dirk like each other too much to get rid of him.That sounds good and all but the Thunder are only going to get better and the Lakers are trying to get back this year as well...not to mention the Clips...and the Spurs who are always in the conversation.

Kwizzy
07-06-2012, 12:51 PM
That sounds good and all but the Thunder are only going to get better and the Lakers are trying to get back this year as well...not to mention the Clips...and the Spurs who are always in the conversation.

That's all well and good but the fact that Dirk has an honest to god No Trade clause makes that a moot point. Dirk isn't going to ask for a trade & Cuban isn't going to sell Dirk out, especially when there's nothing he can do about it without Dirk's ok.

souljahbill
07-06-2012, 01:03 PM
As a Spurs fan since 1990, I shed no tears for the Mavricks.
:D

#IRealizeThatOurReignIsOverToo

Kwizzy
07-06-2012, 01:30 PM
As a Spurs fan since 1990, I shed no tears for the Mavricks.

#IRealizeThatOurReignIsOverToo

:D Fair enough... To this day I hate the Spurs, Tim Duncan, & Greg Popovich and I can't give you one good reason other than all of those years of them beating the Mavs. Truth be told I would LOVE to be able to like Duncan & Pop, as they are pretty much everything I love about sports, but nope... Gotta stay stubborn! :glare:

skipwondah33
07-06-2012, 01:31 PM
That's all well and good but the fact that Dirk has an honest to god No Trade clause makes that a moot point. Dirk isn't going to ask for a trade & Cuban isn't going to sell Dirk out, especially when there's nothing he can do about it without Dirk's ok.My comment was regarding improving the team around Dirk, not trading him.

I should have stated that beforehand. There is no way they can improve the team for right now with trading Dirk. Hence why I said the Thunder, Lakers, Spurs and Clippers are better now in the present.

JBHuskers
07-06-2012, 01:54 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMAzLvZ_bQprLu3rE_fVKz-URcYU5T6BzzH7AFyEg54BlYL4L2IbUhoyAtvQ

Kwizzy
07-06-2012, 02:55 PM
My comment was regarding improving the team around Dirk, not trading him.

I should have stated that beforehand. There is no way they can improve the team for right now with trading Dirk. Hence why I said the Thunder, Lakers, Spurs and Clippers are better now in the present.

Oh yeah, the problem with trying to build now around Dirk is that they put all their eggs in one basket. They don't really have too much that anyone wants back in a trade. They let all of their expiring contracts do just that so that they wouldn't have to take any salary back before making their pitch to DWill. It's going to be interesting & painful to see how this plays out in the next cpl years.

skipwondah33
07-06-2012, 03:00 PM
Oh yeah, the problem with trying to build now around Dirk is that they put all their eggs in one basket. They don't really have too much that anyone wants back in a trade. They let all of their expiring contracts do just that so that they wouldn't have to take any salary back before making their pitch to DWill. It's going to be interesting & painful to see how this plays out in the next cpl years.Yep basically.

They seem to have all that talent from the Title team...then everyone just left one by one. Granted I believe that was so they could make a push for Williams and/or Howard but still. That was a solid group that played really well together once they hit their stride. Better Defense..check, chemistry..check.

souljahbill
07-06-2012, 04:07 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMAzLvZ_bQprLu3rE_fVKz-URcYU5T6BzzH7AFyEg54BlYL4L2IbUhoyAtvQ

+1 x infinity

JBHuskers
07-06-2012, 04:08 PM
I'm a Celtics fan, but I want that shirt! :D

JBHuskers
07-06-2012, 08:57 PM
Ray Allen to sign with the Heat. Sort of expected, but still was holding out hope he'd return to Boston.

skipwondah33
07-06-2012, 09:17 PM
Ray Allen to sign with the Heat. Sort of expected, but still was holding out hope he'd return to Boston.
As I said on Twitter

Those open looks that Mike Miller and company were getting...the NBA's leading 3 point shooter will not be getting those same looks...no more having to run off 332 screens mostly..just find a spot and wait

morsdraconis
07-07-2012, 05:37 AM
I'm truthfully not sure if Allen is a spot up shooter. It's a different kind of rhythm to come off a screen and shoot compared to sitting in one spot and shooting.

JBHuskers
07-09-2012, 03:28 PM
Try not to get your eyes crossed on this:

According to sources the Nets would receive Howard, Jason Richardson, Chris Duhon and Earl Clark in the proposed deal. The Magic would get Brook Lopez in a sign-and-trade, Luke Walton, Damion James, Shelden Williams, Armon Johnson and three first-round picks -- two from the Nets and a lottery protected first from the Clippers. The Cavs would get Kris Humphries in a sign-and-trade, Quentin Richardson, Sundiata Gaines, a first round pick from the Nets and three million in cash. The Clippers would receive MarShon Brooks.

Sources told ESPN.com that the complicated deal was getting "close."

morsdraconis
07-09-2012, 04:18 PM
:fp:

SmoothPancakes
07-09-2012, 04:47 PM
What the fuck did I just read? :confused:

ram29jackson
07-09-2012, 05:13 PM
Howards an idiot and so are the Nets..he should have just waited a year and called the Lakers

SmoothPancakes
07-09-2012, 05:59 PM
Howards an idiot and so are the Nets..he should have just waited a year and called the Lakers

The Lakers are over. Kobe's a whiny bitch who never passes the ball and causes half the shit that gets stirred up there in LA. And with the Heat, Thunder, Bulls, (for now) Celtics, and even possibly the Nets depending on what the do in the future with these moves, the Lakers won't be even so much as sniffing the jock strap of the security guy who protects the trophy.

psuexv
07-09-2012, 06:53 PM
Eric Gordon to OKC for Harden.

JBHuskers
07-09-2012, 07:02 PM

Whoa.

JBHuskers
07-09-2012, 07:04 PM

Looks like that might be fake.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2012/07/james-harden-instagram-he-has-been-traded-to-hornets-trolling-gone-wrong-photo/

psuexv
07-09-2012, 07:15 PM
Looks like that might be fake.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2012/07/james-harden-instagram-he-has-been-traded-to-hornets-trolling-gone-wrong-photo/

Stupid internet :)

morsdraconis
07-09-2012, 07:15 PM
Thank fuckin' god. I had to think there was no freakin' way OKC would trade Harden, especially not for freakin' Eric Gordon.

ram29jackson
07-10-2012, 10:55 AM
The Lakers are over. Kobe's a whiny bitch who never passes the ball and causes half the shit that gets stirred up there in LA. And with the Heat, Thunder, Bulls, (for now) Celtics, and even possibly the Nets depending on what the do in the future with these moves, the Lakers won't be even so much as sniffing the jock strap of the security guy who protects the trophy.

so? theyll be back to the top in 4 or 5 years again. Business as usual.

NatureBoy
07-11-2012, 08:22 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/c0.0.403.403/p403x403/532271_10151953912245341_1649153913_n.jpg

:up:

SmoothPancakes
07-12-2012, 12:15 AM
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/252675_480464105315452_1969201399_n.jpg

morsdraconis
07-12-2012, 05:01 AM

On a side note, looks like the Nets have given up on getting Howard as they resigned Brook Lopez.

SmoothPancakes
07-12-2012, 08:58 AM

On a side note, looks like the Nets have given up on getting Howard as they resigned Brook Lopez.

I saw that last night. Sounds like the Magic are saying "we're just stuck right now, but the deal's not dead" while the Nets are saying they're done and moving on.

skipwondah33
07-12-2012, 09:18 AM
And Howard still wants to be traded. Reportedly they checked back in with Howard to see if he changed his mind and would like to stay lol

SmoothPancakes
07-12-2012, 09:57 AM
And Howard still wants to be traded. Reportedly they checked back in with Howard to see if he changed his mind and would like to stay lol

:D Wishful thinking by the Magic. He's wants to go, he's gone, they aren't going to salvage the relationship.

It's just like with Ray Allen. A lot of Celtics fans online acted betrayed and like they got slapped in the face because Ray Allen dared to leave the Celtics and showed no loyalty (despite the fact he hasn't even played the majority of his career with Boston) for the franchise, despite the fact the Celtics have traded or tried to trade Ray Allen for two plus years now.

They call it business like normal for the Celtics trying to trade Ray Allen, but they call Ray Allen signing with someone else instead of staying with Boston an act of betrayal, no loyalty, a traitor and a backstabber. :fp:

JBHuskers
07-12-2012, 10:08 AM
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/252675_480464105315452_1969201399_n.jpg

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/GIFS/40oz_laugh_in_tub.gif

http://mynextcigar.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/gif-clapping-664.gif

morsdraconis
07-12-2012, 10:17 AM
:D Wishful thinking by the Magic. He's wants to go, he's gone, they aren't going to salvage the relationship.

It's just like with Ray Allen. A lot of Celtics fans online acted betrayed and like they got slapped in the face because Ray Allen dared to leave the Celtics and showed no loyalty (despite the fact he hasn't even played the majority of his career with Boston) for the franchise, despite the fact the Celtics have traded or tried to trade Ray Allen for two plus years now.

They call it business like normal for the Celtics trying to trade Ray Allen, but they call Ray Allen signing with someone else instead of staying with Boston an act of betrayal, no loyalty, a traitor and a backstabber. :fp:

It was more the fact that he went to the team that everyone loves to hate and is a "rival" of Boston than anything else. I was definitely surprised to see him leave even though Boston was offering significantly more money. Good for him for giving dumb ass Danny Ainge the finger by not signing that contract. Danny Ainge is a fuckin' moron for trying to trade away one of the players that got them a title not three years before.

I fully expect Rondo to do the same when he contract expires.

SmoothPancakes
07-12-2012, 10:28 AM
It was more the fact that he went to the team that everyone loves to hate and is a "rival" of Boston than anything else. I was definitely surprised to see him leave even though Boston was offering significantly more money. Good for him for giving dumb ass Danny Ainge the finger by not signing that contract. Danny Ainge is a fuckin' moron for trying to trade away one of the players that got them a title not three years before.

I fully expect Rondo to do the same when he contract expires.

Well, yeah, that too, I keep forgetting about the whole Boston-Miami thing (being a Denver fan, I don't follow the Eastern Conference all that close). I know a lot of comments I personally read online, Boston fans were bitching about him being a traitor mostly because he actually left Boston and turned down a contract worth more money. But yeah, when Boston was pretty much not showing him any loyalty by constantly trying to trade Allen away, why should he, in the eyes of the fans, have to show loyalty to Boston? They aren't his first or even second team. He hasn't been with Boston the majority of his career. And Ainge kept trying to trade him every chance he got if he saw a trade worth it. Allen didn't owe Boston or its fans anything.

skipwondah33
07-12-2012, 11:53 AM

They call it business like normal for the Celtics trying to trade Ray Allen, but they call Ray Allen signing with someone else instead of staying with Boston an act of betrayal, no loyalty, a traitor and a backstabber. :fp:+1

I never knew Miami and Boston being a rival. Never heard too much about Boston and Miami until...Lebron got there. I know they met in the playoffs prior to Lebron getting there but other than that it was just another game.

The Bulls-Heat "rivalry" is bigger than the Celtics-Heat one is.

JBHuskers
07-12-2012, 12:59 PM
+1

I never knew Miami and Boston being a rival. Never heard too much about Boston and Miami until...Lebron got there. I know they met in the playoffs prior to Lebron getting there but other than that it was just another game.

The Bulls-Heat "rivalry" is bigger than the Celtics-Heat one is.

Not anymore.

JBHuskers
07-12-2012, 02:29 PM
Blake Griffin injures knee in Olympic practice, headed back to LA. Anthony Davis has gotten the call to head to Vegas to join the team.

psuexv
07-13-2012, 10:54 AM
With Kobe's comments on this year beating the Dream Team, SI's player breakdown. The only one I think I'm a little in disagrement with is Pippen over Durant, I loved Pippen on the Bulls but Durant is such a pure scorer. Might be a push.

http://www.mandatory.com/2012/07/12/which-basketball-dream-team-is-really-better/#page=1

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.mandatory.com/media/2012/07/dreamteam01.jpeg

souljahbill
07-13-2012, 11:29 AM
But Pippen's defense was off-the-chain. In a one-on-one game, he might not stop Durant from scoring but he'd frustrate the shit outta him.

psuexv
07-13-2012, 11:33 AM
But Pippen's defense was off-the-chain. In a one-on-one game, he might not stop Durant from scoring but he'd frustrate the shit outta him.

This is true and what makes it hard. A pure scorer vs a pure defender.

JBHuskers
07-13-2012, 11:49 AM
I like Bird's answer. They probably could, they're 20 years younger than us now :D

morsdraconis
07-13-2012, 11:55 AM
This is true and what makes it hard. A pure scorer vs a pure defender.

Defense is hard to come by. Durant is trying to be the all around player, but he's far from being an elite defender like Pippen was (though, part of the reason for that are the rules changes that were made to make the game higher scoring).

morsdraconis
07-13-2012, 12:03 PM
In the end, I could easily see Clyde, Malone, Mullens, Stockton, and Laettner off that team with Lebron, Kobe, Paul, Love, and Durant in their place.

The only one I'd even hesitate taking off on that last would be Stockton because you don't get to be the leading assist person in the league without being amazing at seeing the play develop, even if it was off the pick and roll.

skipwondah33
07-13-2012, 12:10 PM
In the end, I could easily see Clyde, Malone, Mullens, Stockton, and Laettner off that team with Lebron, Kobe, Paul, Love, and Durant in their place.

+1

And I'd take any of the Guards or Forwards with exception to maybe AI and Hardin over Mullens.

skipwondah33
07-13-2012, 02:28 PM
Haha this was great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uG8ubgvSSQ&hd=1

JBHuskers
07-13-2012, 03:42 PM
Jeremy Lin officially signs the offer sheet with Houston and New York has 3 days to match, which the Knicks are expected to do so.

morsdraconis
07-13-2012, 03:42 PM

As much as I used to hate him man, Kobe is the fuckin' man. Kobe's already won that battle without even pickin' up the ball. It's the same type of shit Jordan used to do to people. Psychological warfare at it's finest.

skipwondah33
07-13-2012, 03:56 PM
Yeah I loved that..Irving may have been playing around a bit, but Kobe wasn't for sure. He said Kobe would have to guard him...yet he's not thinking of having to guard Kobe. Young buck may have dominated HS, then played a few games at Duke but he's not ready for that.

And Kobe was ABSOLUTELY right what he said near the end. He'll guard him, then complain to the Refs "foul, foul". Haha.

Can't wait for the Lakers-Cavs game, he's going for 40 I'll call it now

ram29jackson
07-16-2012, 03:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhjzMbq9Ipo&feature=g-vrec

JBHuskers
07-16-2012, 12:11 PM
Very surprised the Knicks didn't match the Houston offer on Lin, but in the end it's probably better for him based on the 3rd year of the deal.

morsdraconis
07-16-2012, 12:17 PM
Wow. That's incredible, but it's also quite a bit of money for a dude that had like 10 games of actual "good" basketball.

JBHuskers
07-16-2012, 12:24 PM
Wow. That's incredible, but it's also quite a bit of money for a dude that had like 10 games of actual "good" basketball.

Yeah that new luxury tax is the key reason. With the new CBA, you break the cap, you better have a) deep pockets and b) you don't mind burning 8 figures in a tax.

ram29jackson
07-16-2012, 12:34 PM
he'll attract Asian and Christian fans = investment made

SmoothPancakes
07-16-2012, 12:43 PM
he'll attract Asian and Christian fans = investment made

People watching on TV won't do a damn thing for the bottom line. Never been to an NBA game personally, and it's so fucking far down my list of shit to do, I'll probably never actually do it. I'd rather watch on TV, much better viewpoint. Baseball (only if the Rockies are playing), football (both college and pro, mostly games with Navy or the Broncos, but I'll watch other teams play) and hockey are the only sports I'll pretty much pony up the money to watch in person. Everything else, screw that, I'll just watch on my TV.

While jersey sales and stuff will increase and be good, you'll still want those people to be filling the seats, and you'll only gain so many more coming to games with Lin on the team.

ram29jackson
07-16-2012, 12:53 PM
People watching on TV won't do a damn thing for the bottom line. Never been to an NBA game personally, and it's so fucking far down my list of shit to do, I'll probably never actually do it. I'd rather watch on TV, much better viewpoint. Baseball (only if the Rockies are playing), football (both college and pro, mostly games with Navy or the Broncos, but I'll watch other teams play) and hockey are the only sports I'll pretty much pony up the money to watch in person. Everything else, screw that, I'll just watch on my TV.

While jersey sales and stuff will increase and be good, you'll still want those people to be filling the seats, and you'll only gain so many more coming to games with Lin on the team.

regardless,its still a factor. Most teams say they are making moves to win but they will make moves pureley to attract fans and make a few bucks as well.

sports franchises throw money around all the time obviously. They have their reasons. I'm sure they dont expect him to be a fantastic player/star on the team.

JeffHCross
07-16-2012, 08:13 PM
People watching on TV won't do a damn thing for the bottom line. While jersey sales and stuff will increase and be good, you'll still want those people to be filling the seats, and you'll only gain so many more coming to games with Lin on the team.Houston already has a fan base in Asia thanks to Yao Ming. I have a feeling they're trying to keep that going.

JBHuskers
07-17-2012, 12:37 PM
Knicks have til 11:59 est tonight to match the Rockets' offer sheet on Jeremy Lin.

skipwondah33
07-17-2012, 02:19 PM
Knicks have til 11:59 est tonight to match the Rockets' offer sheet on Jeremy Lin.

Having Jeremy Lin come back will not allow you to beat a very tough defensive team like the Celtics, let alone the Heat....so why sign him to that "ridiculous" contract to quote Carmelo Anthony?

I'd rather go with proven players in Felton and a very old Jason Kidd than him for that price honestly. Those two alone won't combine for the number of turnovers he averaged.

Kwizzy
07-17-2012, 02:20 PM
Liking the pickup of OJ Mayo by the Mavs. The offensive freedom Carlisle gives his players should really benefit him.

As bad as things looked for awhile there I think Cuban & Co. did a pretty good job of getting a competitive team together while still keeping future flexibility.

morsdraconis
07-17-2012, 05:27 PM
Lin is most definitely going to Houston according to a story on Yahoo.

SmoothPancakes
07-17-2012, 09:43 PM
In my opinion, if the Knicks really wanted him, they would have matched the offer sheet days ago. As Lin, I wouldn't want the Knicks to match it and go back to them if they took until the last second before the deadline to actually match it. I'd rather go somewhere I'm wanted instead of somewhere that they don't know if they even still want me around or are willing to pay the money necessary.

JBHuskers
07-18-2012, 12:28 PM
The Cleveland Cavaliers may have inched ahead of the Houston Rockets as a facilitator in a potential trade that would send Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard to the Los Angeles Lakers, sources said Wednesday.

One source familiar with the talks, though, cautioned to not make too much of that shift just yet.

The Cavaliers would land Lakers center Andrew Bynum for a package of draft picks and veteran power forward Anderson Varejao, according to one league source. The Lakers would receive Howard for Bynum. The source said this was merely the framework of a deal being discussed.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8176960/sources-cleveland-cavaliers-trade-partner-potential-dwight-howard-deal

skipwondah33
07-18-2012, 12:46 PM
Pretty tired of this Dwight Howard saga.

JBHuskers
07-18-2012, 12:52 PM
Pretty tired of this Dwight Howard saga.

That's why I'm hoping this deal gets done with Cleveland jumping in.

skipwondah33
07-18-2012, 12:57 PM
Funny Dan cried about the Paul/Lakers trade. Then he is going to turn around and help give the Lakers Howard lol

psuexv
07-18-2012, 01:04 PM
Very surprised the Knicks didn't match the Houston offer on Lin, but in the end it's probably better for him based on the 3rd year of the deal.

This :+1:

skipwondah33
07-18-2012, 02:21 PM
This :+1:Add another to it.

That 3rd year was ridiculous

JBHuskers
07-18-2012, 02:39 PM
Add another to it.

That 3rd year was ridiculous

Unless he becomes a superstar then it is genius, BUT he'll get exposed in the West is what I'm guessing.

SmoothPancakes
07-25-2012, 05:47 AM
LaMarr Woodley posted this on Facebook last night.

This fake lebron email account is the funniest thing ive seen in a while... can't decide if the dwight howard or jeremy lin 1 is the best though.... or the pau gasol 1... or the david stern 1 lol

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/549116_10101812113032773_1636506089_n.jpg

souljahbill
07-25-2012, 07:52 AM
^
The David Stern email is awesome! Soooo funny!

cdj
08-10-2012, 12:24 AM
Dwight finally out of Orlando, heading to the Lakers. (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8252042/sources-dwight-howard-los-angeles-lakers-four-team-deal-complete)

ram29jackson
08-10-2012, 02:11 AM
Dwight finally out of Orlando, heading to the Lakers. (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8252042/sources-dwight-howard-los-angeles-lakers-four-team-deal-complete)

Like I said, LA just keeps reloading...without Bynum

SmoothPancakes
08-10-2012, 03:14 AM
Like I said, LA just keeps reloading...without Bynum

They'll still lose in the conference semifinals next year. http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/Smilies/e133147.gif

morsdraconis
08-10-2012, 04:13 AM
They'll still lose in the conference semifinals next year. http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/Smilies/e133147.gif

Hate to say it, but they probably won't... They're biggest problem was consistency in the middle. Now they have that x2 with Dwight.

skipwondah33
08-10-2012, 07:19 AM
Once again Kobe is gifted the Best Center/Big man in the league...like he was awarded Gasol a few years back who at that time was the best big man in the league.

Damn he has played on some pretty good teams during his career

JBHuskers
08-10-2012, 08:03 AM
The crazy thing about that deal is they keep Gasol.

psuexv
08-10-2012, 08:52 AM

Hate to say it, but they probably won't... They're biggest problem was consistency in the middle. Now they have that x2 with Dwight.

Yep, Kobe, Nash, Gasol and Howard. They are going to be hard to beat. Not only can they score but they'll be lights out defensively as well.

skipwondah33
08-10-2012, 09:09 AM
The crazy thing about that deal is they keep Gasol.Yep

Yep, Kobe, Nash, Gasol and Howard. They are going to be hard to beat. Not only can they score but they'll be lights out defensively as well.Well Nash can't guard a parked car but nonetheless all they have to do is funnel all the traffic to Howard..which will likely put him in foul trouble.

He will have problems staying with Russell Westbrook.

And on another note, Bynum has better post up skills than Howard has. Howard simply tries to over power people. And having him doesn't mean much if Kobe goes hero mode most nights.

ram29jackson
08-10-2012, 03:26 PM
who knows, the experiment could be another orlando Woolridge bust?

The point is the lakers dont waste time in getting the majority better players and making an effort to get to the top. They arent the The other teams who make deals to either just get a high scorer to put asses in the seats or make trades to budget contracts. They make deals to win second season games. No matter how much teams like the Nuggets and Hawks say they are doing that very thing, they keep failing.
They will have a full off season n preseason now to understand Browns defensive mindset and actually put together an offense that makes sense with the pieces they now have.

Who knows how far it will take them? but they are damn well making an effort to get somewhere. And people who thought Gasol was a weak link are going to be wrong IMO

ram29jackson
08-10-2012, 11:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riV0IYpZt5E

morsdraconis
08-11-2012, 07:05 AM

Poor Dwight. People acting like he's replaced Lebron as the "villain" of the NBA are just retarded. Dwight is awesome. Acts like a child sometimes, but he's awesome.

NatureBoy
08-11-2012, 09:50 AM
I guess I'm one of the few Laker fans who is not excited about D Howard coming to LA. Howard has always came across as being very imature person, both on and off the court. I liked the intensity that Andrew Bynum brought to the game.

Plus with Howard just coming off back surgery, who knows when he will be able to return to the game. If he can come back and be the player he was before the surgery, the Lakers will have an awesome starting lineup. Like some of you have already stated, it's amazing through all of this, the Lakers were able to hold on to Pau.

CLW
08-16-2012, 08:11 PM
I ain't sayin' she a gold digger:

I certainly would not want to be married to somebody that can't win championships. If you're sacrificing time away from my family and myself for the benefit of winning championships, then winning a championship should happen every single year.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/vanessa-bryant-does-not-want-married-somebody-t-145906045--nba.html

skipwondah33
08-17-2012, 07:22 AM
She take my money....

JBHuskers
08-17-2012, 10:01 AM
Dwight acts weird sometimes, and I got sick of the whole ordeal, but I have never hated him. Good imiation of Kobe :D

psuexv
08-23-2012, 01:53 PM
Not sure if it's true or not but apparently the Sacramento Kings are looking to move to Virginia Beach :dunno:

NBA and a couple of other sources say it's not true.

JBHuskers
08-23-2012, 02:16 PM
I know they were coming up on a deadline for a new arena deal. I thought they had reached one, guess not.

skipwondah33
08-24-2012, 01:13 PM
I know they were coming up on a deadline for a new arena deal. I thought they had reached one, guess not.I thought so too. Think they were arguing about who would pay the $20-$50 million or something. Don't know all the details but I thought they were staying.

Virginia Beach though?

JBHuskers
08-24-2012, 01:17 PM
I thought so too. Think they were arguing about who would pay the $20-$50 million or something. Don't know all the details but I thought they were staying.

Virginia Beach though?

Well, the NBA is in a lot of markets where they are the only pro sport in town.

psuexv
08-24-2012, 01:23 PM
Well, the NBA is in a lot of markets where they are the only pro sport in town.

That's true. Limit the competition.

JBHuskers
09-20-2012, 09:30 AM
The Celtics are going to sign Darko Milicic :fp:

JBHuskers
09-26-2012, 02:58 PM
Prostitution is legal now in New York according to the Brooklyn Nets' cheerleader outfits...

http://am590espnradio.com/upload/brooklyn.jpeg

skipwondah33
09-27-2012, 11:20 AM
Is that any different from what they usually wear? They as I mean the dance and cheerleading teams?

http://www.nba.com/heat/sites/heat/files/imagecache/image_gallery_default/migrated/photos/hpg1112_dangal13_da_sophie5.jpg

Heat Cheerleaders/Dance team 2011-2012 season

JBHuskers
09-27-2012, 02:03 PM
mmmmmmmmmmm

JBHuskers
10-02-2012, 02:37 PM
:D :D :D

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/lakers.jpg

JBHuskers
10-10-2012, 12:11 PM
Al Jefferson has a very f'n large bed. 10' x 12'

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/aljefferson.jpg

JBHuskers
10-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Glen "Big Baby" Davis makes Ke$ha seemed talented.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Dns3kBggcA

JBHuskers
10-22-2012, 06:09 PM
I love the new ESPN RV commercial with Russell Westbrook :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

morsdraconis
10-22-2012, 06:46 PM
I love the new ESPN RV commercial with Russell Westbrook :D

You mean this one? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLucZygQIgo

These guys do the BEST commercials.

JBHuskers
10-22-2012, 07:36 PM
You mean this one? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLucZygQIgo

These guys do the BEST commercials.

Yes! Saw it for the first time tonight. Laughed my ass off. :D

psusnoop
10-23-2012, 09:25 AM
That is a great commercial :)

NatureBoy
10-23-2012, 11:03 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/s480x480/12915_10152243415880341_365344001_n.jpg

I'm looking forward to the start of a new NBA Season. Let's go already!