PDA

View Full Version : Online Dynasty and Connected Career User Profiles - Allowing Different Settings

Rudy
06-20-2012, 04:14 AM
For a variety of reasons I'm only an offline dynasty and franchise guy. But my biggest reason for not liking the online modes is that I prefer playing at my settings and sliders. I don't want to play on default settings or what someone else thinks are good settings. I've seen a lot of online dynasties here ask what sliders they should tweak for the next year, etc. This is an impossible task to please everyone in the dynasty. Some guys are simply better than others or prefer things a certain way. Why not allow the commissioner to choose an option where users within the dynasty could play with their own custom settings when playing the cpu? In the good dynasties with your friends and family it would be a good option and something you could trust other guys with. That way your little brother could play on Varsity with his favourite team while your elite friends could play on tweaked Heisman and you play on AA with all the slider changes you personally prefer. It could be abused by dirt bags but it would be a commissioner option to allow it (maybe even by specific user if you don't like the cheaters). Thoughts?

texacotea
06-20-2012, 05:36 AM
I think because of the simple fact that people think they shouldnt lose a game regardless of what team they are using and you would have people abusing it more often than not.

SmoothPancakes
06-20-2012, 09:17 AM
Then have a checks and balance system. You only can change your sliders once per day (or once per so many days, once per week, whatever), the sliders of everyone can be seen at any time by the commissioner, and any changes made to the individual sliders can be reviewed and denied by the commissioner if someone tries to abuse it.

Rudy
06-20-2012, 09:51 AM
Then have a checks and balance system. You only can change your sliders once per day (or once per so many days, once per week, whatever), the sliders of everyone can be seen at any time by the commissioner, and any changes made to the individual sliders can be reviewed and denied by the commissioner if someone tries to abuse it.

+1

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
06-20-2012, 02:50 PM
who stops a guy from putting everything at 5-10 and racking up points and stats?

ram29jackson
06-20-2012, 03:08 PM
these are video game designers, not rocket scientists. It aint gonna happen.

JeffHCross
06-20-2012, 08:57 PM
Then have a checks and balance system. You only can change your sliders once per day (or once per so many days, once per week, whatever), the sliders of everyone can be seen at any time by the commissioner, and any changes made to the individual sliders can be reviewed and denied by the commissioner if someone tries to abuse it.This would work fine for, say, an OD here on TGT. But random ODs (and there are plenty of them out there) would be killed by this.

Though that would be nullified by it being a commish option. An interesting idea, at least.

Rudy
06-20-2012, 09:18 PM
This would work fine for, say, an OD here on TGT. But random ODs (and there are plenty of them out there) would be killed by this.

Though that would be nullified by it being a commish option. An interesting idea, at least.

It's something that would only work for ODs where you know and trust each other. No way this could work for randoms but as long as you have a commissioner option to turn it on or off it could be great.

I thought the first year of ODs showed that most died after a month. That could be due to people not playing enough or quitting but it might also be because guys aren't happy with the settings. Even though you have the potential to play humans, most of the time you are still playing the cpu. If an OD chooses to use default AA to start, the games vs the cpu could get boring quick. I would shoot myself if I had to play on default AA for 12 straight games. That would mean no cpu running and a lousy cpu offense in general. Guys that are way better than that could potentially play on Heisman while their struggling buddies play on AA or even Varsity.

You guys would have a lot more knowledge in this area than me. How many arguments do you see over slider settings in an OD here at TGT?

JeffHCross
06-20-2012, 09:27 PM
I thought the first year of ODs showed that most died after a month.I think that's true, but I also think that number can be easily influenced in the wrong way. I've created plenty of test ODs that I haven't played longer than a week. I've seen tons of ODs on the Search that have only one member, and often are private. Some people just create ODs and have no idea what they're doing, nor do they know/care how to delete them.

You guys would have a lot more knowledge in this area than me. How many arguments do you see over slider settings in an OD here at TGT?Arguments? Rarely. Sometimes the Commish will make changes that I don't agree with, but usually it works well enough. Honestly, the CPU is non-competitive in so many OD seasons I've played that it's not really fair to judge that. But you're right that you can't satisfy everyone. While the CPU is often non-competitive for me, it will occasionally get a good dice roll and give me a good game. And then there are others in those same ODs that struggle. So it's all a balance.