PDA

View Full Version : Online Dynasty, Dynasty Wire, & Story Builder - NCAA Football 12 Wish List & Feedback

cdj
07-12-2010, 10:39 PM
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA11/NCAAFootballLogo.jpg

Online Dynasty, Dynasty Wire, & Story Builder

Use this thread for wish list & feedback items discussing ideas and feedback in regards to Online Dynasty, Dynasty Wire, & Story Builder in NCAA Football 12.

Be clear, but concise in making your wishes. Any off-topic posts will be deleted.

souljahbill
07-13-2010, 04:44 AM
Ability to see the other members in the dynasty from the dynasty hub.

Jayrah
07-18-2010, 10:08 PM
The ability to use personal notes. Like pipeline states, # of recruits allowed by your league, just stuff that would stay up in a corner of your screen no matter which menu you bring up. Like one of those sticky note apps for cpu. Just something where you can make and see your own personal notes at all times.

souljahbill
07-19-2010, 12:40 PM
Get rid of the "You must wait 20 minutes to advance the week" rule. I'm playing by myself. I don't wanna miss a week of recruiting and skip 2 weeks ahead just so I don't have to wait 20 minutes.

gschwendt
07-19-2010, 01:05 PM
Get rid of the "You must wait 20 minutes to advance the week" rule. I'm playing by myself. I don't wanna miss a week of recruiting and skip 2 weeks ahead just so I don't have to wait 20 minutes.
I don't follow. I don't remember ever being required to wait a set time limit before advancing each week.

baseballplyrmvp
07-19-2010, 01:50 PM

I don't follow. I don't remember ever being required to wait a set time limit before advancing each week.

i never saw this at all during the regular season, but its most noticible during the offseason tasks- like players leaving, and transfer requests, and/or recruiting when you only have a few recruits to talk to. it could be a real pain in the butt as now the offseason will take a few hours to complete instead of 10-45 minutes now.

souljahbill
07-19-2010, 02:23 PM
i never saw this at all during the regular season, but its most noticible during the offseason tasks- like players leaving, and transfer requests, and/or recruiting when you only have a few recruits to talk to. it could be a real pain in the butt as now the offseason will take a few hours to complete instead of 10-45 minutes now.

That's exactly what's happening to me now. I have to wait another 7 minutes before I can advance to Transfers. Then I'll have to wait 20 minutes before I can go onto recruiting.

morsdraconis
07-19-2010, 03:32 PM
That's exactly what's happening to me now. I have to wait another 7 minutes before I can advance to Transfers. Then I'll have to wait 20 minutes before I can go onto recruiting.

Wow what?! We have a time limit between advancing between offseason schedules? WTF?

souljahbill
07-19-2010, 03:43 PM
Wow what?! We have a time limit between advancing between offseason schedules? WTF?

Yep. :mad:

*sitting here waiting for another 13 minutes so I can advance the week during offseason recruiting*

morsdraconis
07-19-2010, 03:49 PM
Yep. :mad:

*sitting here waiting for another 13 minutes so I can advance the week during offseason recruiting*

It's official then, no online singleplayer dynasties for me. That's just silly...

DariusLock
07-19-2010, 05:22 PM
Full length replays. I hate when I bust like a 60 yard run, that all the broken tackles are cut out and it's just me running....

Boucher
07-20-2010, 07:55 PM
Be able to watch OD games

Thats probably the biggest thing

gschwendt
07-20-2010, 11:03 PM
Be able to watch OD games

Thats probably the biggest thing
Serious question... would you be satisfied just watching a Drive Chart type interface with possibly the commentary included?

cdj
07-20-2010, 11:31 PM

I want to think I saw that this is a temporary item to help out with server stress, but may be wrong on that.

- This goes for Offline Dynasty as well, but I wish the Default for the Recruiting Settings was OFF and also that the commish of an Online Dynasty could set them to OFF when setting up a league. Very annoying to have a recruiting board set-up only to have the CPU flood it and start making moves.

souljahbill
07-21-2010, 06:13 AM
I want to think I saw that this is a temporary item to help out with server stress, but may be wrong on that.

Since you guys have connects, can you get them to at least shorten in next year if it can't be shortened for this year. 5 minutes. 10 max. 20 minutes is absolutely brutal, especially offseason.

baseballplyrmvp
07-21-2010, 05:49 PM
is anyone else unable to create a story from the website? i tried writing a story for the preseason and the create a story button wouldnt do anything. i had all the required fields filled out

souljahbill
07-21-2010, 06:19 PM
is anyone else unable to create a story from the website? i tried writing a story for the preseason and the create a story button wouldnt do anything. i had all the required fields filled out

I've never had that problem.

cdj
07-21-2010, 09:48 PM
Since you guys have connects, can you get them to at least shorten in next year if it can't be shortened for this year. 5 minutes. 10 max. 20 minutes is absolutely brutal, especially offseason.

I'm under the impression it will/might be shortened this year sometime, but I wouldn't swear to that.

Jayrah
07-22-2010, 01:30 AM

I had that problem twice, I was eventually able to post it after saving in word and coming back twice, but I don't know what the difference was. Maybe recruiting had to be done first for the preseason to be started before posting. I'm not sure. Not having problems now though

AustinWolv
07-22-2010, 11:38 AM
Ability to see the position ranks of recruits.....unless it is there and I don't see it now?

souljahbill
07-22-2010, 01:51 PM
Ability to see the position ranks of recruits.....unless it is there and I don't see it now?

Isn't that what that big number in parenthesis is

TE (#37) Joe Blow - Yadda yadda yadda
Someplace, Somewhere

AustinWolv
07-22-2010, 02:11 PM
Isn't that what that big number in parenthesis is

TE (#37) Joe Blow - Yadda yadda yadda
Someplace, Somewhere

When viewing through the console, yes.
When doing recruiting via the web, that number is just what number you have the guy on your recruiting board -or- if you haven't added him to your board, it is just his overall ranking for all recruits.

souljahbill
07-22-2010, 02:46 PM
When viewing through the console, yes.
When doing recruiting via the web, that number is just what number you have the guy on your recruiting board -or- if you haven't added him to your board, it is just his overall ranking for all recruits.

Ok. I didn't know you were talking about the webpage.

baseballplyrmvp
07-23-2010, 09:56 PM
found a bug on the story builder site that causes player stats for the wrong teams to show up.

under "this week's game," if you click view schedule, and then click "game details" for your current week's game, you can see scoring summary, team stats and player stats.

when i click player stats, i get the stats for oklahoma's roster popping up, even though i'm playing as usc. the scoring summary and team stats page display the correct info though.

scoring summary pic
http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/3149/scorsummary.th.jpg (http://img844.imageshack.us/i/scorsummary.jpg/)

player stats
http://a.imageshack.us/img716/5108/playerstatso.th.jpg (http://img716.imageshack.us/i/playerstatso.jpg/)

my apologies if this should be in the bugs and glitches thread, but could someone please send this off to ea?

JeffHCross
08-07-2010, 02:40 PM
The addition of a "Remember Me" checkbox to the EASW or Online Dynasty login screens would be very, very nice. Teambuilder's got it, and I can deal with not having it on the OD page, but it'd be very nice to see.

Jayrah
08-13-2010, 11:45 PM
For OD: Would like the ability for the Commissioner of any OD to be able to control multiple teams, and the ability to watch those as cpu/cpu games. I love watching CPU/CPU games on my OD with my brother when I have nothing else to do and there is a big game. It's an "offline" game still, so the ability to watch these would be nice. Since it's just the commish, there should be no problem with stats getting messed up. This would also and especially be good for 1 player OD.

Also the ability to change opponents uniforms in OD games. This is probably a pain in the butt, but it should be an option nonetheless, if we're saying that there's "Really no reason to be offline anymore", according to Russ and Ben Haumiller. It's painful that I can't change a uniform to whatever I want to play vs. Create a mod interface for OD that allows you to change uniforms but not play as that team, unless you control them.

Jayrah
08-15-2010, 05:17 PM
Would LOVE if the "weekly update" section was ESPN! Every new week there's that Red "weekly update (insert week #)", with all the previous scores and upcoming games, along with recruiting news for the week. That should be an ESPN update, with ESPN graphics. That would add mucho pop to the page I think.

JeffHCross
08-24-2010, 07:51 PM
I'm not even logged into my OD, yet Dynasty Wire says I can't simultaneously view recruiting on the website and on the console. I am distinctly logged out of the OD on the console ... something obviously didn't trigger.

JeffHCross
08-29-2010, 02:59 AM
It would be very cool if Pre-Season All-Americans and All-Conference were generated into an automatic PreSeason Dynasty Wire story. As it is now, I don't believe there's any way to view pre-season-type information (All-Americans, All-Conf, Polls, etc) before Week 1 begins except by watching the Bottom Line.

Along the same lines, once you advance into the offseason, you can't go back and view Post-season awards, bowl results, or any news items. If we're not going to see the return of those menu items (even Top Classes is gone once PostSeason Recruiting is done), it'd be nice if it was at least captured somewhere that could be preserved.

JeffHCross
09-25-2010, 10:30 AM
found a bug on the story builder site that causes player stats for the wrong teams to show up.

under "this week's game," if you click view schedule, and then click "game details" for your current week's game, you can see scoring summary, team stats and player stats.

when i click player stats, i get the stats for oklahoma's roster popping up, even though i'm playing as usc. the scoring summary and team stats page display the correct info though.This is still happening, and it seems like it's even worse than previously identified. I just went through a bunch of "Game Details" links, and no matter which one I clicked, the box score that's shown at the top of the screen is not right. If I'm viewing Texas's schedule, I see USC vs Oregon's scoring box score. As MVP said, the Scoring Summary and Team Stats are right. If I'm viewing Ohio State's schedule, I see Texas vs UCLA's box score. Again, the Scoring Summary and Team Stats are correct.

No matter what game I pick. No matter what week I pick. The player stats are from Oklahoma - Oregon State, which was a Week 4 game. On that note, it looks like all the links for recaps in Week 1, Week 2, or Week 3 games have disappeared, so maybe that's why.

So I go and try to find Oklahoma - Oregon State ... just curious what it'll show. For whatever reason, it shows Wisconsin - Virginia Tech. So I go back to the other games ... and now they're showing Wisconsin - Virginia Tech. Every game.

psuexv
10-06-2010, 09:16 AM
Not sure why the top schools screen in recruiting is different between the console and the website - console shows points you are ahead/behind and the site shows percentage. It would be nice to have the option to toggle between these two options on both the console and site instead of having them completely different.

psuexv
11-15-2010, 09:37 PM
I think if EA wants to really promote the "recruit anywhere" they need to do a mobile version of the Dynasty Hub.

JeffHCross
11-15-2010, 09:51 PM
Dynasty Wire could also be helped by having a "teams" list somewhere. Far as I can tell, there's nowhere to get a simple list of which teams are controlled by users from the Dynasty Wire.

psuexv
11-15-2010, 10:20 PM
Dynasty Wire could also be helped by having a "teams" list somewhere. Far as I can tell, there's nowhere to get a simple list of which teams are controlled by users from the Dynasty Wire.

On the Front page where it has your school logo and team information there is a dropdown box that says select. You can only select user controller teams. However it still doesn't tell you which user controls them.

gschwendt
11-15-2010, 10:21 PM
On the Front page where it has your school logo and team information there is a dropdown box that says select. You can only select user controller teams. However it still doesn't tell you which user controls them.
But the bigger issue is if you want to browse someone else's dynasty that you're not a member of, there's no way to do so besides looking at stories.

psuexv
11-15-2010, 10:29 PM
But the bigger issue is if you want to browse someone else's dynasty that you're not a member of, there's no way to do so besides looking at stories.

I guess that depends on what information you are looking for. If I view another dynasty I can quickly toggle between user controlled teams - see what their records are, rankings. Plus I can also view conference standings at the bottom of the front page. Then view Top 25 polls and stats in their menus.

gschwendt
11-16-2010, 08:38 PM
I wish there were the ability to take "snapshots" of the dynasty of a given week, and save it as an offline copy so that you could access it at any time. You wouldn't be able to advance that offline copy to future weeks. The reason for this would be in order to keep records of stats, award winners, etc. without slowing down the progression of the dynasty. That way as the commissioner, I could save an offline snapshot, advance to the offseason, then go back and record down who the season award winners were, etc.

JeffHCross
11-16-2010, 10:36 PM
I guess that depends on what information you are looking for. If I view another dynasty I can quickly toggle between user controlled teams - see what their records are, rankings. Plus I can also view conference standings at the bottom of the front page. Then view Top 25 polls and stats in their menus.How? When I view the Dynasty Hub for another dynasty, I don't see anything that indicates any user controlled teams, except the team controlled by the commissioner. Nobody else is highlighted, in the Top 25 or in the Standings.

I guess if I looked really closely at the schedule, I can see the usernames below the user-controlled teams, but this isn't particularly useful since I have to know what conferences to look in.

then go back and record down who the season award winners were, etc.If it were up to me, I think we need to have a Dynasty Wire story that shows Award Winners, one that shows All-Americans, and one for Top Classes. There should be a lot more CPU built Dynasty Wire stories.

gschwendt
11-16-2010, 10:41 PM
f it were up to me, I think we need to have a Dynasty Wire story that shows Award Winners, one that shows All-Americans, and one for Top Classes. There should be a lot more CPU built Dynasty Wire stories.
That wouldn't be terrible but my idea would let you go back and look at rosters, end of season stats, recruiting boards (recruits for that matter), etc. Giving a full snapshot would be ideal for me.

JeffHCross
11-16-2010, 11:16 PM
Oh, absolutely. I would definitely like that, and not just for those types of moments. I love to go back and look at recruits, see what their ratings were during recruiting, etc. Last year when we could make Offline copies, I had probably 3 or 4 offline saves per season of an OD.

psuexv
11-17-2010, 08:21 AM
Jeff - here is where you can view other teams that are user controlled.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_A6kUqP2Wk3w/TOPkfEwJx7I/AAAAAAAAB6Y/urXh-fgvRGA/Capture1.JPG

But now as I look into it further this functionality isn't there if you are viewing a dynasty that you are not in. That really is kind of dumb.

psuexv
11-17-2010, 08:24 AM
Oh, absolutely. I would definitely like that, and not just for those types of moments. I love to go back and look at recruits, see what their ratings were during recruiting, etc. Last year when we could make Offline copies, I had probably 3 or 4 offline saves per season of an OD.

This would be really cool. I love to go back and look at the history. I actually did this for my OD in last years game. Every team had their own page and could set it up how they wanted. I used to keep track of all of my recruiting classes - https://sites.google.com/site/ncaasite/Home/archives/ncaa-2010-archive/eric/recruiting-central

JeffHCross
11-17-2010, 10:57 PM
But now as I look into it further this functionality isn't there if you are viewing a dynasty that you are not in. That really is kind of dumb.Bingo ;)

psuexv
11-22-2010, 02:39 PM
The ability to see which players that you currently have on redshirt while viewing your roster online.

JeffHCross
12-10-2010, 09:26 PM
I was just re-reading cdj's article on Team Pitches in Recruiting and came across this:

Program Stability – Changes are based on a combination of the coach’s prestige and current contract length in offline dynasties (team prestige in online dynasty)
To put it simply, this is fundamentally broken in Online Dynasty. It clearly has nothing to do with team prestige because it gets dropped to a C+ on most teams (if not every team in our OD, I haven't taken a poll) after Year 1. I assumed it was because my Job Security was in the red at the end of the year and I'd been "fired", but if that has no influence on ODs (and cdj's post suggests it does not), then it's just plain broken.

JeffHCross
12-29-2010, 07:43 PM
Looks to me like Dynasty Wire is set to GMT times, even though the Dynasty Wire itself claims stories are posted at EST times. Be nice to see that fixed at some point.

JeffHCross
01-15-2011, 02:37 PM
The e-mail that gets sent for the Weekly Update, during the offseason, includes results of games that occurred during the season. Interestingly enough, we're now in Offseason Recruiting Week 3, and the games / results included in the Weekly Update are from the previous season's Week 3.

gschwendt
01-15-2011, 03:17 PM
The Dynasty Wire "Prospects" data dump doesn't get updated during the offseason. So no "offseason" recruits are included
That's not true.

JeffHCross
01-15-2011, 03:31 PM
That's not true.Well, I just went looking for some offseason recruits, and they're not in our dump. As well, any movement I made in the offseason on recruits that were part of the in-season group has not been updated. Went for the logical conclusion from there, though it's always possible that I'm wrong.

gschwendt
01-15-2011, 03:45 PM
Well, I just went looking for some offseason recruits, and they're not in our dump. As well, any movement I made in the offseason on recruits that were part of the in-season group has not been updated. Went for the logical conclusion from there, though it's always possible that I'm wrong.Well, I know that there is an increase in the number of recruits from in-season and off-season. As well, I see that Kendall Jude (FS I signed) is in the off-season but not the in-season.

JeffHCross
01-15-2011, 04:53 PM
Jude is in an Export file for Prospects that you grabbed during the offseason? He's not in the copy that I grabbed just before that post.

gschwendt
01-15-2011, 04:59 PM
Jude is in an Export file for Prospects that you grabbed during the offseason? He's not in the copy that I grabbed just before that post.
Yes... I downloaded it during Week 2 recruiting I believe.

JeffHCross
01-15-2011, 05:09 PM
Yes... I downloaded it during Week 2 recruiting I believe.Interesting. I suppose that somehow my PC cached the old file. I'll retract that previous 'issue' then.

JeffHCross
01-15-2011, 09:18 PM
It'd be really nice if the Data Export for Rosters included Height/Weight.

osufan4life
07-08-2011, 12:30 PM
Serious question... would you be satisfied just watching a Drive Chart type interface with possibly the commentary included?

Obviously to late for 12 but a reminder for 13. A gamecast or drive chart type thing would be great, especially if it was both web and console accessible. It's one thing to party up while two dynasty members are playing the NC game but it would be even better if you could watch/track the progress of h2h games live.