PDA

View Full Version : How are NCAA Football team ratings determined?

will41
06-15-2012, 09:47 AM
Does anybody know how ea figures team ratings like overall,offense,defense.
Is there a formula for it.

gschwendt
06-15-2012, 09:51 AM
Does anybody know how ea figures team ratings like overall,offense,defense.
Is there a formula for it.Offense and Defense are based on the starting lineup of the team. OVR is a calculation looking at that OFF & DEF grade but it's also graded on a curve.

Dr Death
06-15-2012, 10:26 AM
I've no idea how they do it, but I do know that as I was an OC at :Idaho: last year for four season's and then quit playing because the game was so buggy, I am taking over as HC at :North_Texas: and will have my work cut out for me. They're like 70 offense and 69 defense... if memory serves... whatever it is, it ain't good! :D

But hopefully w/ some great AA sliders, the game will be fun and keep me playing!

will41
06-15-2012, 10:47 AM
how is that possible looking at the starting players overall would not calculate to the offense overall.

gschwendt
06-15-2012, 10:51 AM
how is that possible looking at the starting players overall would not calculate to the offense overall.I'm not sure I understand what you're asking.

will41
06-15-2012, 11:01 AM
You said it was based of of the starters correct. So is it based off of player overall and is it on a weighted formula.

gschwendt
06-15-2012, 11:04 AM
You said it was based of of the starters correct. So is it based off of player overall and is it on a weighted formula.It's based off of player overall but I'm sure they weight it somehow and possibly even base it on a curve as well.

will41
06-15-2012, 12:25 PM
Yea it is im working on figuring it out.

Skill posotions have a greater affect on compared to offensive line

Little Steve
06-15-2012, 06:37 PM
I bet 100$ that the curve is on how many SR players/Returning starters and the past preformences over the past years. For example look at their team Bama. They lost alot of players and stars but their past proformenences and the fact they have their starting QB back "the odds are in their favor".

JeffHCross
06-15-2012, 09:21 PM
Skill posotions have a greater affect on compared to offensive line100% true. I don't know what the formula is (though there is clearly one), but I have observed that skill positions have a much more drastic effect on it.

I bet 100$ that the curve is on how many SR players/Returning starters and the past preformences over the past years.The curve/formula itself isn't based on those, but I do believe they're an influence toward the team's ratings in the aggregate. But I can switch a Senior to a Freshman and it has no effect. Returning starters means nothing to the game itself.

CLW
06-19-2012, 05:24 PM
Maybe its me but it seems about this time every year EA releases the FINAL roster ratings for each team. I'd like to see all the teams #ratings for O and D so I can figure out what my first job is going to be in my Carousel/Career.

JeffHCross
06-19-2012, 10:18 PM
Maybe its me but it seems about this time every year EA releases the FINAL roster ratings for each team.I can vaguely recall them doing that one year, but I don't think they do it regularly. Usually people just get them from either E3, the pre-release guys who get the game (GameChangers, media) or Teambuilder. I would imagine that the E3 list (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?5135-Team-Ratings-and-Top-25-in-NCAA-Football-13) is going to be pretty close to final. If you base your planning off that, you shouldn't be too far off.

CLW
06-20-2012, 02:36 PM
I can vaguely recall them doing that one year, but I don't think they do it regularly. Usually people just get them from either E3, the pre-release guys who get the game (GameChangers, media) or Teambuilder. I would imagine that the E3 list (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?5135-Team-Ratings-and-Top-25-in-NCAA-Football-13) is going to be pretty close to final. If you base your planning off that, you shouldn't be too far off.

Good lord then I don't recall a year with so.... many 95+ rated units. Either the rosters are F'd up beyond belief or they changed how they rated teams.

morsdraconis
06-20-2012, 06:14 PM
Good lord then I don't recall a year with so.... many 95+ rated units. Either the rosters are F'd up beyond belief or they changed how they rated teams.

I agree. More and more, the default rosters are just totally fucked up that are shipped with the game. It's disgusting the ratings they have for some of these players.

And people wonder why the number of A teams drop so dramatically after 4 years. :smh:

JeffHCross
06-20-2012, 08:53 PM
Good lord then I don't recall a year with so.... many 95+ rated units. Either the rosters are F'd up beyond belief or they changed how they rated teams.I think they drastically changed how OVR is calculated. If you look at that list, it's frequently (or maybe always, I didn't look so closely) higher than the average of the OFF + DEF, and often is higher than both. I don't recall that being true in any year in the past. I just skimmed the list again, and only saw four 95+ OFFs. That doesn't seem too out of place, though I can't recall what other teams have been like in the past.

And people wonder why the number of A teams drop so dramatically after 4 years. :smh:Default roster freshmen :6greenarrow: recruited freshmen. Especially in AWR. Progression isn't nearly as good for recruits as it can be for default roster players, from one version of the game to the next. Yes, from one version to the next there are some guys who regress and some who stay flat, but there are also some that jump 12 or more points in OVR.

baseballplyrmvp
06-21-2012, 12:09 AM
Default roster freshmen :6greenarrow: recruited freshmen. Especially in AWR. Progression isn't nearly as good for recruits as it can be for default roster players, from one version of the game to the next. Yes, from one version to the next there are some guys who regress and some who stay flat, but there are also some that jump 12 or more points in OVR.

i dont know about that...10 years into my offline :USC: dynasty, I have like 14 guys on my roster with 90+ awareness.

JeffHCross
06-21-2012, 11:57 PM
Well, I was speaking from past experience. Mileage will always vary.

I know on NCAA 11, there were tons of recruits coming in with AWR at 40 (and some on the default roster, I believe). And they'd never progress very high, because AWR simply doesn't progress that quickly.