PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football 13 - Road to Glory

cdj
06-11-2012, 08:17 AM
http://thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA13/559625_10150937224360498_69823810497_12047982_1300 205884_n.jpg

This afternoon, EA SPORTS will unveil the changes and improvements coming to Road to Glory in NCAA Football 13.

The experience of being a college football superstar is now even more exciting with a new feature in Road to Glory that allows players to see and feel the game differently during key moments, increasing on-field awareness and creating amazing opportunities.

Continue to check back during the day for full details and information surrounding improvements to this popular game mode.

You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?585-NCAA-Football-13-Road-to-Glory

souljahbill
06-11-2012, 08:28 AM
Heisman Challenge starring YOU!

KIDZER0918
06-11-2012, 09:59 AM
Looks like rtg is going to get that gimmicky reaction time. I hope they got more than that

jmastandrea
06-11-2012, 10:01 AM
Looks like rtg is going to get that gimmicky reaction time. I hope they got more than that

They will. There is no way that they would save the Road to glory reveal for last and not have anything to show for it.

BTW first post!

JBHuskers
06-11-2012, 11:11 AM
They will. There is no way that they would save the Road to glory reveal for last and not have anything to show for it.

BTW first post!

Welcome to the site!

CLW
06-11-2012, 11:36 AM
Wished EA got rid of the Trophies for this mode. I'll whore out the RTG trophies with my Season Ticket and then say good bye to the mode.

sub9er
06-11-2012, 11:36 AM
what time?

KIDZER0918
06-11-2012, 11:56 AM
Wished EA got rid of the Trophies for this mode. I'll whore out the RTG trophies with my Season Ticket and then say good bye to the mode.

are they releasing it early with the season ticket again?

KIDZER0918
06-11-2012, 11:57 AM
what time?

prob 2pm est like normal

jmastandrea
06-11-2012, 12:49 PM
Is anyone planning on posting articles/videos they find at release time?

OSUCowboyofMD
06-11-2012, 01:04 PM
Webcast link?

gschwendt
06-11-2012, 01:05 PM
Webcast link?
You can watch here... though looks like they're just now getting started.
http://www.livestream.com/easports

cdj
06-11-2012, 01:06 PM
Is anyone planning on posting articles/videos they find at release time?

We will in this link and also in article on site front page. BTW, welcome to the site!

Webcast link?

http://www.easports.com/ncaa-football/promo/ncaa-webcast As of 1:05 CT, it has yet to start.

beartide06
06-11-2012, 01:08 PM
"...new feature in Road to Glory that allows players to see and feel the game differently during key moments, increasing on-field awareness and creating amazing opportunities."

I believe this is talking about the new reaction time feature that is in Heisman challenge.

Noles94
06-11-2012, 01:45 PM
Love the new practice changes. Does anyone know if we will have the ability to scout opposing teams and play first team against scout team in dynasty as well? Or is the updated practice mode just for RTG? I hope not.

gschwendt
06-11-2012, 01:45 PM
Love the new practice changes. Does anyone know if we will have the ability to scout opposing teams and play first team against scout team in dynasty as well? Or is the updated practice mode just for RTG? I hope not.
That's just for RTG to my knowledge.

Noles94
06-11-2012, 01:46 PM
That's just for RTG to my knowledge.

Sad face. Minus the xp points, that would have added even more immersion into dynasty. :fp:

souljahbill
06-11-2012, 01:49 PM
RTG looks A LOT more fun to play then Heisman Challenge. Being able to go into God Mode with Über-Athletes is more turn off then turn on for me. Definitely going to play on All-American, even if it means getting my starting position later than sooner.

OSUCowboyofMD
06-11-2012, 01:50 PM
I like the new high school stadiums. Can we please go back to taking classes like you did on older gen versions of NCAA? I thought that added a bit of realism somewhat lol

jmastandrea
06-11-2012, 01:50 PM
Not many improvements made in my opinion. Practice feilds are cool, but that is not something that gets me excited to play. Reaction Time is a steaming pile. This does nothing to immerse me into the games.

The only positive is the addition of special teams. Most of the game looks the same. Disspointing.

I will be buying Madden 13 for the career mode. Looks a lot better. Plus I can play however many minute quarters I want!

Avross
06-11-2012, 01:52 PM
Complete waste of a development cycle. Sucks Ill have to wait on madden. Live nba 13 garbage. NCAA football 13 garbage.

beartide06
06-11-2012, 01:59 PM
Complete waste of a development cycle. Sucks Ill have to wait on madden. Live nba 13 garbage. NCAA football 13 garbage.

I really do not think NCAA is going to be "garbage." It's a vast improvement from the past and Madden is still going to play A LOT like NCAA. They took out a few things from Madden that are still in NCAA (Editing players or equipment, custom playbooks in franchise, etc.). NBA live has not even been touched on all that much yet. We don't even know everything about that game.

Big Blue
06-11-2012, 02:10 PM
None of the links are working so I'm assuming its over. Is this going to be archived?

cdj
06-11-2012, 02:45 PM
None of the links are working so I'm assuming its over. Is this going to be archived?

It should be. We'll update this thread and the article once they do.

Here is the RTG Trailer:

http://youtu.be/3j_s-pXSph4

SmoothPancakes
06-11-2012, 03:02 PM
I really do not think NCAA is going to be "garbage." It's a vast improvement from the past and Madden is still going to play A LOT like NCAA. They took out a few things from Madden that are still in NCAA (Editing players or equipment, custom playbooks in franchise, etc.). NBA live has not even been touched on all that much yet. We don't even know everything about that game.

He's just upset there aren't multiple sock options in the game.

morsdraconis
06-11-2012, 03:12 PM

I hate this time of the year SO much.

CLW
06-11-2012, 03:13 PM

Wait no multiple socks in the game and I cannot have PURPLE dreads? OMG worst game EVA!!!

O.k. on a serious note, I'm just NEVER going to be in this (or any version of a single player mode) its just not my thing. Unfortunately, EA puts trophies on this mode (in fact nearly 1/2 of them based on my rough recollection of the list) are either RTG or Heisman Mode this year so I'm sure EA will claim GREAT success with these modes. I always wonder how many people that EA shows with its stats that play this mode are just trophy/achievement whoring like myself?

ram29jackson
06-11-2012, 03:32 PM
to make these types of modes interesting...something needs to happen at the end to make it amusing or seem worth while..something based on how well you did over all..even if you played it less cheesy and more realistic...some kind of ending point for that too.

I have no idea what,if anything happens at the end of Road to the show..but at least thats a cool single player mode...and the hockey and b-ball ones are still a notch above road to glory

ram29jackson
06-11-2012, 03:32 PM
I hate this time of the year SO much.

as opposed to when ? :)

morsdraconis
06-11-2012, 03:39 PM
as opposed to when ? :)

When this place is back to normal and you don't have idiots complaining about stupid shit that has no reason to be in the game to begin with, but they think should be top priority.

Big Blue
06-11-2012, 03:49 PM
Just a little disappointed that the big feature they were leading up to was reaction time from Heisman Challenge. Slightly misleading marketing. :(

SCClassof93
06-11-2012, 04:18 PM

So, um, J.b. if you ever decide to auction a mod position or a swinging of the ban hammer please let me know. :nod:

Deuce
06-11-2012, 04:20 PM
I'd like to see some screenshots of the new stadiums. Hopefully EA will put those out.

SCClassof93
06-11-2012, 04:23 PM
:P
It should be. We'll update this thread and the article once they do.

Here is the RTG Trailer:

http://youtu.be/3j_s-pXSph4

Legend goals if tied to trophies could be fun. Make sure they are not as challenging as a Hannah Montana trophy though.

SmoothPancakes
06-11-2012, 04:25 PM
So, um, J.b. if you ever decide to auction a mod position or a swinging of the ban hammer please let me know. :nod:

THIS! You guys could raise a FORTUNE for the site with an auction like that! :nod:

People buy stupid shit on eBay for thousands of dollars every day. Just think of what money you guys could get for the site with an auction for a mod position or a swing of the ban hammer. :D

SCClassof93
06-11-2012, 04:30 PM
THIS! You guys could raise a FORTUNE for the site with an auction like that! :nod:

People buy stupid shit on eBay for thousands of dollars every day. Just think of what money you guys could get for the site with an auction for a mod position or a swing of the ban hammer. :D

I jusst want 1 smooth! I would pay for it and if 3 donators would veto I would sit down and shut up. Upon reflection there are 2 and ONLY 2 I would swing Thor's ban hammer on. :nod:

JBHuskers
06-11-2012, 04:30 PM

The zoo this place would turn into :D

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

illwill10
06-11-2012, 04:32 PM
I like some of the changes in RTG. But, nothing that made me want to play it deep. Only 5 min quarters and no incentive to play it to end of career.

I wonder how the end of the wonder will play since you cant import into CC. If any thing I will play on a bad team and recreate that player and make him undrafted.
I am just going to play this mode until named rosters are out.

I will create a Power RB and have him go to Utah State and then have him going undrafted to the Bengals.
I will have a Balanced QB and have him go to Vandy and have him go to Chiefs in the late round.

I am going to bad schools not to pad stats, but to make it seem realistic me being a low rd/undrafted player in CCM

SCClassof93
06-11-2012, 04:32 PM
The zoo this place would turn into :D

Should I be offended or glad that you see things my way :D

ram29jackson
06-11-2012, 04:36 PM
is there anything about being a triple threat athlete in this mode? trying to be the next Jim Thorpe would be more interesting than a single position

jaymo76
06-11-2012, 07:15 PM
Pass. I played this mode last year for the first time in a long time. Really I just don't get any enjoyment out of it. Nothing I see here convinces me to come back to this mode. Have fun though for those of you who enjoy it.

illwill10
06-11-2012, 07:48 PM
Pass. I played this mode last year for the first time in a long time. Really I just don't get any enjoyment out of it. Nothing I see here convinces me to come back to this mode. Have fun though for those of you who enjoy it.

I agree with that. There wasnt anything that makes me want to play it if I was on the fence of wanting to play RTG. I am going to play RTG until the named rosters are out.

Since you cant import into CCM and locked lengths of quarters, it will take all the enjoyment out of the mode. There isnt any reason you will want to finish this mode unless you want to get the trophies(which I dont care about).
I might not even finish it once the rosters are out. Im just doing it so I can create an imaginary story about my CCM players before Madden comes out

SmoothPancakes
06-11-2012, 08:05 PM

Agreed. I pretty much only play Road to Glory for the achievements on 360, and while waiting for named rosters. Depending on what I do with my CC dynasty I have going in 12, if I leave FIU and go someplace else after the current season, I'm just going to start on that team and use auto-name rosters in 13, so I wouldn't potentially have to wait for rosters this year.

Everything last year sounded great in the webcasts and in theory, but once I got into the mode, just like every other year, I just couldn't get into it. The locked quarter times, relying on your AI teammates not being fucking idiots, and if I'm going to spend all my time playing games, I want it to count for something (dynasty/coaching carousel/coaching career).

Honestly, thinking back, I don't know if I ever even got to the college ranks in RTG on 12. I know I played through to at least before the HS championship game, if not played the actual championship game, and that was it I think. I just lost interest and stopped playing after that. I was focused on getting coaches and their alma maters tracked down with mors, editing coach names and alma maters in the game after Fairdale Kings released his named rosters, and getting my CC dynasty set up and up and running, as well as being involved in a coach mode OD for the first month or two.

I don't know why, but Road to Glory and Superstar in Madden just don't interest me. I could sit there all day playing My Player in NBA 2K and Be a Pro in NHL (I love playing as a goalie for Boston in one of my two BAPs I have going in NHL 11), but I just can not ever get into RTG and SS.

illwill10
06-11-2012, 08:32 PM
Agreed. I pretty much only play Road to Glory for the achievements on 360, and while waiting for named rosters. Depending on what I do with my CC dynasty I have going in 12, if I leave FIU and go someplace else after the current season, I'm just going to start on that team and use auto-name rosters in 13, so I wouldn't potentially have to wait for rosters this year.

Everything last year sounded great in the webcasts and in theory, but once I got into the mode, just like every other year, I just couldn't get into it. The locked quarter times, relying on your AI teammates not being fucking idiots, and if I'm going to spend all my time playing games, I want it to count for something (dynasty/coaching carousel/coaching career).

Honestly, thinking back, I don't know if I ever even got to the college ranks in RTG on 12. I know I played through to at least before the HS championship game, if not played the actual championship game, and that was it I think. I just lost interest and stopped playing after that. I was focused on getting coaches and their alma maters tracked down with mors, editing coach names and alma maters in the game after Fairdale Kings released his named rosters, and getting my CC dynasty set up and up and running, as well as being involved in a coach mode OD for the first month or two.

I don't know why, but Road to Glory and Superstar in Madden just don't interest me. I could sit there all day playing My Player in NBA 2K and Be a Pro in NHL (I love playing as a goalie for Boston in one of my two BAPs I have going in NHL 11), but I just can not ever get into RTG and SS.

I can play My Player all day. If it wasnt for the bugs this year and teammates, I would play it more. But, it has more depth than RTG and Madden combined. One thing that makes it great is having (good)commentary unlike RTG(not sure) and SS. It has drills, interviews, and depth.

I think the main problem with RTG and SS is/was that the only thing you could really do it just play games and thats it. And since the gameplay was/is flawed, it makes the mode so lackluster. Especially without commentary and so many restrictions.

But, I think the player mode part of CCM in Madden looks better than SS has ever been. Having to fight for your job, boosting your attributes is harder and will take more time, Infinity Engine, Twitter Feed, goals, and Gameface. I will definitely give it a try. But, I have to see how the looks to play outside positions like CB/WR since we are using default camera angle. I am excited to try out the GameFace feature. I am not creating myself, but I want to see how my face looks in the game. I tried it in Fight Night, but it didnt come out anywhere near as my gameface avatar

NatureBoy
06-12-2012, 08:12 AM
I might be in the minority but I have always enjoyed playing Road to Glory. It's a nice change of pace when I don't feeling like playing a dynasty or play now game. I like what I saw yesterday. I'm looking forward to giving it a spin.

Deuce
06-12-2012, 08:33 AM
I usually play a couple of seasons as a FS. Its what I do during the holidays after I've gone thru 8-9 seasons of my offline dynasty. I've never finished a career though.
I do like that they've changed the points for defensive players.

cdj
06-12-2012, 08:37 AM

It appears they didn't post an archive to the show on either Livestream or Youtube yesterday, which is very bad for fans of the mode who couldn't watch the show at work. Hopefully they post it today.

souljahbill
06-12-2012, 09:05 AM
I liked what I saw yesterday. I'll play it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Blue
06-12-2012, 11:33 AM
It appears they didn't post an archive to the show on either Livestream or Youtube yesterday, which is very bad for fans of the mode who couldn't watch the show at work. Hopefully they post it today.

Okay thanks for the heads up.

Coachdenz
06-12-2012, 04:40 PM
Well glad they got this crap out if the way and
Maybe just maybe they gave this mode enough Dev time to let it die and not work on it anymore this console generation. I hate this freaking MODE!!!!

ram29jackson
06-12-2012, 05:47 PM
I guess its popular with all the kiddies since there is basically 2 RTG's in the game this year? Heisman mode is just a stripped down version of it anyway.

RTG is an amusing concept but nothing really grips you about it

souljahbill
06-12-2012, 06:04 PM
Edit. Wrong thread

SmoothPancakes
06-12-2012, 06:07 PM
Nevermind. Was in reply to souljah's post, has been moved to the correct thread.

SmoothPancakes
06-12-2012, 06:09 PM
Wait, how the hell did we end up in the RTG thread souljahbill? :D

JB, G, cdj, one of you guys, care to give us a little help moving these posts over the I'd Hit It thread?

souljahbill
06-12-2012, 06:12 PM
LMFAO!

Sorry guys, got a text and it threw me off. I fixed it.

ram29jackson
06-12-2012, 06:14 PM
I'd kind of prefer a road to cheerleaders mode or something ...

SmoothPancakes
06-12-2012, 06:15 PM
LMFAO!

Sorry guys, got a text and it threw me off. I fixed it.

I could have sworn I was responding to your post in the Off Topic forum and then ended up here somehow. :D

souljahbill
06-12-2012, 06:15 PM
I'd kind of prefer a road to cheerleaders mode or something ...

LMAO!

Well played.

JBHuskers
06-12-2012, 06:26 PM
Simply put, RTG is not going anywhere. It's the most played feature of the game.

souljahbill
06-12-2012, 06:26 PM
I could have sworn I was responding to your post in the Off Topic forum and then ended up here somehow. :D

That's what I thought too!

souljahbill
06-12-2012, 06:31 PM
Well, after watching the 13 RTG Webcast, I went back to my 12 RTG save. I was still in high school! LOL! Lost in the state championship (play calling was atrocious and not because I wasn't getting the ball, it was just bad play calls). I was a 5* WR and a 3* CB. I took my talents to Hattiesburg, MS and played through my freshman year. Team went undefeated, ending up #6 in the nation (BCS Championship was Alabama vs. Troy, WTF?) and I won the Biletnikoff award.

Coachdenz
06-12-2012, 07:06 PM
Simply put, RTG is not going anywhere. It's the most played feature of the game.

That's what I was worried about. Guess I have out grown the game.

baseballplyrmvp
06-12-2012, 09:03 PM

??? moreso than dynasty (on and offline)?

morsdraconis
06-13-2012, 01:50 AM
That's what I was worried about. Guess I have out grown the game.

I know I definitely have, hence the reason why I won't be playing it anymore.

ram29jackson
06-13-2012, 02:13 AM
define most played...?

played most times or by the most people ?

souljahbill
06-13-2012, 07:12 AM
define most played...?

played most times or by the most people ?

I'm willing to bet most people play it while waiting for rosters.

JeffHCross
06-15-2012, 10:01 PM
I'm willing to bet most people play it while waiting for rosters.+Trophy Whores.

I can understand why our forum is aghast at that information, but I can believe it. In every other sports game I play, I always start with the "My Career" mode -- be it My Player, Be A Pro, or Road to the Show. Though, in my opinion, those games make the "My Career" mode more different from Franchise/Dynasty to make it worth my while.

I can easily imagine the average college football fan preferring to go for the Heisman and rack up unrealistic stats as a QB at his alma mater, versus setting up a dynasty and recruiting and all that extra stuff.

I would personally still think that Dynasty and OD, combined, are played more, but it wouldn't surprise me if RTG is truly #1.

SmoothPancakes
06-30-2012, 10:11 AM
EA better start getting to work on someone new for RTG. Erin Andrews has left the building. And ESPN. Rumors are she could be headed to Fox Sports. Not really going to work having Erin Andrews in the game anymore with all the ESPN presentation and her not even with the company anymore.

souljahbill
06-30-2012, 10:37 AM
EA better start getting to work on someone new for RTG. Erin Andrews has left the building. And ESPN. Rumors are she could be headed to Fox Sports. Not really going to work having Erin Andrews in the game anymore with all the ESPN presentation and her not even with the company anymore.

So all they need to remove the lines that she never said. :D

I swear, outside of the GameTrack that starts the 3rd qtr., I hardly EVER heard her.

SmoothPancakes
06-30-2012, 11:07 AM
So all they need to remove the lines that she never said. :D

I swear, outside of the GameTrack that starts the 3rd qtr., I hardly EVER heard her.

Pretty much. :D

Gonna need to also find someone new to doing the opening intro hoopla for RTG, give those random on field comments, injury updates, etc. But yeah, you did rarely ever hear her in the game. I certainly almost never noticed anything being said by her in games.

illwill10
06-30-2012, 03:34 PM
Pretty much. :D

Gonna need to also find someone new to doing the opening intro hoopla for RTG, give those random on field comments, injury updates, etc. But yeah, you did rarely ever hear her in the game. I certainly almost never noticed anything being said by her in games.
They stopped the intro to RTG a few years ago.
But, outside of injuries, gametrack, and between quarters. I wouldnt even notice if she isnt in the game.

SmoothPancakes
06-30-2012, 04:07 PM
They stopped the intro to RTG a few years ago.
But, outside of injuries, gametrack, and between quarters. I wouldnt even notice if she isnt in the game.

Really? Shows how much I play RTG. :D (very little to not at all)

And yeah, you rarely notice her in it already as it is.

JeffHCross
06-30-2012, 05:42 PM
I nominate Samantha Steele (https://twitter.com/Samantha_Steele/). If they took half of what she reports on Saturdays, they'd not only have a sideline reporter, but a positive addition to the game that people wouldn't complain about. The girl does her homework, and it shows when she's on the broadcast.