PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football 13 Demo Available Now on XBL & PS3

Pages : [1] 2 3

cdj
06-05-2012, 10:24 AM
The NCAA Football 13 demo will be available during E3. It is currently available on XBL (queue download from web here (http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/NCAA-Football-13-Demo/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024541898f)) and it is expected to be available on PSN Wednesday evening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fF3M-uM0Uc

The demo features one Heisman Challenge match-up (of co-cover athlete Robert Griffin III) and several match-ups from Week 10: USC-Oregon, LSU-Alabama, Kansas State vs. Baylor. All match-ups consist of four three-minute quarters with Studio Updates, however the Heisman Challenge game features four five-minute quarters with defense supersimmed.

Sharing the demo with a friend will unlock five Nike Pro-Combat uniforms for use in the retail version of the game: LSU, Navy, Stanford, Boise State, Ohio State. Playing through each Dynasty Experience match-up will unlock WR Tim Brown, RB Archie Griffin, and QB Jim Plunkett for use in Heisman Challenge in retail version.

After downloading and playing the demo, share your impressions and feedback here with the community.

Treadstone6700
06-05-2012, 10:27 AM
I'm able to see NCAA 13 under demo in XBL but no option to download.

Is this the big announcement during e3?

Deuce
06-05-2012, 10:29 AM
That's got to be the big announcement. I guess still 2 minute qtrs?

gschwendt
06-05-2012, 10:30 AM
Is this the big announcement during e3?Yes. Originally they expected that the demo wouldn't be available for another couple of weeks but it went through certification faster than expected so they were able to share it earlier than expected.

Congrats to JSmith03 being the lucky guesser... you've won a free month's worth of XBL Silver on behalf of TGT.

NatureBoy
06-05-2012, 10:40 AM
:up: Great news! I'm looking forward to it.

Kwizzy
06-05-2012, 10:42 AM
That's got to be the big announcement. I guess still 2 minute qtrs?

When they jumped into the LSU-Bama game there was 2:14 left in the qtr so it's at least more than 2 min.

Treadstone6700
06-05-2012, 10:44 AM
Yeah I'm definitely interested to see how the passing & trajectories look - hopefully the gameplay is clean!

Deuce
06-05-2012, 10:44 AM
When they jumped into the LSU-Bama game there was 2:14 left in the qtr so it's at least more than 2 min.

That will be nice, VERY nice!! :up:

...they are usually 2 minutes right?

gschwendt
06-05-2012, 10:45 AM
Supposedly it's available now on XBL, though their marketplace website doesn't reflect that.

Kwizzy
06-05-2012, 10:45 AM
That will be nice, VERY nice!! :up:

...they are usually 2 minutes right?

I thought so, I'm gonna shoot off an email to see if I can find out.

JBHuskers
06-05-2012, 10:46 AM
Congrats to JSmith03 being the lucky guesser... you've won a free month's worth of XBL Silver on behalf of TGT.

We can afford that?

Kwizzy
06-05-2012, 10:47 AM
We can afford that? :nod: We all know you guys make bank off of this deal!

JBHuskers
06-05-2012, 10:47 AM
Assumption regular times for the store. Tonight on PSN, tomorrow morning for XBL. But as you know during E3, the respective stores can do multiple updates throughout the week.

NaptownMVP
06-05-2012, 10:49 AM
Not available on XBL yet. 10, 11, and 12 all there, but no 13.

kindella2
06-05-2012, 10:50 AM
GREAT news! Glad to get the demo always and see whats in the DRAFT NCAA 13!

psusnoop
06-05-2012, 10:56 AM
Pretty much going to squash NCAA 12 for me now that the Demo will be live today or tomorrow

Kwizzy
06-05-2012, 10:57 AM
4- 3 minute quarters guys

Also, the Heisman mode game is 4- 5 min qtrs but you supersim defense.

*Someone wanna add that to the top post? -per Ben

psusnoop
06-05-2012, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the update Kwizzy

Deuce
06-05-2012, 10:59 AM
4- 3 minute quarters guys

Also, the Heisman mode game is 4- 5 min qtrs but you supersim defense.

*Someone wanna add that to the top post? -per Ben

:up:

I OU a Beatn
06-05-2012, 11:18 AM
Assumption regular times for the store. Tonight on PSN, tomorrow morning for XBL. But as you know during E3, the respective stores can do multiple updates throughout the week.

Demos on XBL go up at 5am EST on Tuesdays. I see NCAA but it doesn't have an option to download. Boo.

Jayrah
06-05-2012, 11:19 AM
Good stuff!

kindella2
06-05-2012, 11:20 AM
3 min qtrs is great. more time to see whats changed and dissect this Draft. Im going to reserve my comments for Heisman mode til i have played the demo.

cdj
06-05-2012, 11:33 AM
Nine new demo screenshots added to our NCAA 13 Info Central page (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?535-NCAA-Football-13-News-and-Information-Central). They should be appearing shortly at the bottom of the images on the right side.

SmoothPancakes
06-05-2012, 11:33 AM
Damn you G. You made it sound like it was something that was added to the actual game that was going to be the announcement. Jesus Christ, that was crueler than a JB tease!

SCClassof93
06-05-2012, 11:37 AM
Pretty much going to squash NCAA 12 for me now that the Demo will be live today or tomorrow

From what I can tell, you should be on the driving range :D. I will grab the demo in the morning and give it a try. Will be difficult to play much during U.S. Open week-know that!

gschwendt
06-05-2012, 11:37 AM
Damn you G. You made it sound like it was something that was added to the actual game that was going to be the announcement. Jesus Christ, that was crueler than a JB tease!Link? Trust me, I know based on how EA worded things with "another big announcement", it made it sound like it was another game feature or something but I made sure to never word it that way myself. It was just that everyone already had "game feature" in their mind when they started reading my posts.

TIMB0B
06-05-2012, 11:45 AM
Yes. Originally they expected that the demo wouldn't be available for another couple of weeks but it went through certification faster than expected so they were able to share it earlier than expected.

Does this mean that they will be able to work out the kinks before the official release and have a patch ready? Is this what demos are for, or simply just a teaser for the gamers?

Geauxlden
06-05-2012, 11:48 AM
I like how they've packaged this demo, with the wk 10 dynasty matchups and the studio updates. Can't wait to play it, hope to see some improvements from '12.

Gator3guy
06-05-2012, 11:48 AM
Does this mean that they will be able to work out the kinks before the official release and have a patch ready? Is this what demos are for, or simply just a teaser for the gamers?

Mostly just a teaser. Last year they said they were using the demo to get feedback and tune the game (through tuners) for release day. That never happened.

gschwendt
06-05-2012, 11:50 AM
Does this mean that they will be able to work out the kinks before the official release and have a patch ready? Is this what demos are for, or simply just a teaser for the gamers?With the demo being out this early, feedback this week MIGHT be able to impact the first patch but no guarantees. Usually it takes about a month or so to go through internal and external certification for patches and such. That leads to a very narrow window but obviously if there's some major complaint that comes out the first day the demo arrives, then EA can possibly address that in the patch (if they haven't already addressed it since creating the demo).

oweb26
06-05-2012, 11:51 AM

From what I can tell, you should be on the driving range :D. I will grab the demo in the morning and give it a try. Will be difficult to play much during U.S. Open week-know that!

TGW 13 going that bad for you snoop?

ThaShark316
06-05-2012, 12:01 PM
I went to the XBox site to try and download it...and it worked when I turned on the console. I think it's available that way...try and see, folks.

oweb26
06-05-2012, 12:06 PM
I went to the XBox site to try and download it...and it worked when I turned on the console. I think it's available that way...try and see, folks.

I can confirm its there I saw that about 30 min ago, but I can't say if it works as I am at work.

It does say its waiting to be downloaded to my xbox.

My wife confirmed that it was downloading for me so I guess its downloading something as she is not that xbox savvy.

The spot online shold look like this.

NaptownMVP
06-05-2012, 12:07 PM

Confirm. Search for NCAA 13 and then hit "All Xbox 360 Results" and it's at the bottom.

Treadstone6700
06-05-2012, 12:09 PM
I clicked "Try Demo" on the XBL website and when I booted up my Xbox it was downloading the Trailer...

Treadstone6700
06-05-2012, 12:10 PM
Update: Just went to NCAA Football 13 on my Xbox and the demo is available for me now 1.98 GB, downloading now

NaptownMVP
06-05-2012, 12:14 PM
Hold up. Just checked my Xbox. Demo is stuck in "Pending Downloads". When I try to start it manually, it won't.

Geauxlden
06-05-2012, 12:16 PM
Mine is downloading slowly, 6% right now.

beartide06
06-05-2012, 12:17 PM
I can confirm this. It is in the "New Release" section for the demos. I am downloading it now.

psusnoop
06-05-2012, 12:20 PM
TGW 13 going that bad for you snoop?

This is a very very bad start to the season. I didn't log enough time to build up my guy and more importantly my clubs and it's costing me with long shots into the par 5's and such.

I'm slowly building things back to normal LOL.

SmoothPancakes
06-05-2012, 12:27 PM
Downloading right now. Fuck yeah.

cdj
06-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Main page updated to reflect demo available on XBL. You can place the demo into your queue for download via this link (http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/NCAA-Football-13-Demo/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024541898f).

It is expected that this afternoon's PSN Store update will have the NCAA Football 13 demo for PS3 users.

ram29jackson
06-05-2012, 12:36 PM
Link? Trust me, I know based on how EA worded things with "another big announcement", it made it sound like it was another game feature or something but I made sure to never word it that way myself. It was just that everyone already had "game feature" in their mind when they started reading my posts.

of course they did.. I dont care how early a demo is. Thats not a big announcement. Its just an early demo.

now...last year, TeamBuilder wasnt up till a week before game...same this year I wonder ?

Kwizzy
06-05-2012, 12:54 PM
Downloading right now. Fuck yeah.

Jealous. :fdown:

Kwizzy
06-05-2012, 12:55 PM
So I know I SHOULD probably know this but, what time does PSN typically update?

gschwendt
06-05-2012, 12:58 PM
So I know I SHOULD probably know this but, what time does PSN typically update?Pretty much anytime this afternoon. Has been as late as 8pm CT but I imagine it will be earlier today since it's E3 week. That said, Sony also updates their store multiple times throughout E3 week usually so there's no guarantee that it comes today (though would be surprised if not).

I OU a Beatn
06-05-2012, 12:58 PM
Anywhere between 4pm EST and 11pm EST on Tuesdays. :D

ram29jackson
06-05-2012, 01:03 PM
its just a demo guys..lets not have a gasm about a demo

JBHuskers
06-05-2012, 01:06 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9zJHvCsmOI

psusnoop
06-05-2012, 01:08 PM
:D

oweb26
06-05-2012, 01:11 PM

When they mention uniforms I hope someone is waiting by to tell u the same thing. Lol

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

ram29jackson
06-05-2012, 01:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9zJHvCsmOI

I'll get excited about a disc in my hands :) but not a demo dude. Demos are very incomplete and very fragmented and not a really recent build of the game if i'm not mistaken...

To me, its just the video game companies showing off that they can do this sort of thing on the internet

JSmith03
06-05-2012, 01:13 PM
Yes. Originally they expected that the demo wouldn't be available for another couple of weeks but it went through certification faster than expected so they were able to share it earlier than expected.

:D LOL it was truly a shot in the dark. I remember being in the shower maybe two days ago and I stopped and thought, "What else could they announce?" Besides RTP of course, Teambuilder wouldn't have been really exciting, so I figured, it's gotta be the demo dropping early. I don't know if too many people would've expected that, which is why it wouldn't disappoint. Always good to be able to play early, especially earlier than expected.

ram29jackson
06-05-2012, 01:14 PM
When they mention uniforms I hope someone is waiting by to tell u the same thing. Lol

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

another reason to not get excited about demos LOL

SmoothPancakes
06-05-2012, 01:14 PM

gschwendt
06-05-2012, 01:16 PM
Bad news for impatient PS3 guys... an article for "how to download the demo (http://www.easports.com/ncaa-football/news/article/how-to-download-the-demo)" says
The NCAA Football 13 demo will be available on PlayStation® Store June 6 at 7PM EDT/4PM PDT

psuexv
06-05-2012, 01:18 PM
I'm not really going to get into much of it since it's the demo and they are trying to highlight features, but the studio update was right after a run on first down(this time I'm pretty sure it wasn't after the kickoff)

gschwendt
06-05-2012, 01:18 PM
Article for the demo release (not how to get the demo)
http://www.easports.com/ncaa-football/news/article/get-the-demo

Hey Everyone, Ben Haumiller here and with July 10

th
fast approaching it’s time to talk about this year’s demo. First off, I’m happy to announced that the demo is now available for download, so rather than just hear about the buzz coming out of E3, you will get a chance to get your hands on the game and check out all of the great gameplay improvements for yourself.We are very excited about this year’s demo for two reasons; first, we are giving you a deeper look at what’s new than ever before, and second, we have never provided more rewards for checking out the demo.Before we get into the details, let’s take do a quick overview of the menu and we will dive into the features from there. You will see that we are providing a preview of the new Heisman Challenge, a Dynasty Mode experience, and the ability to share the demo with a friend.
http://vassets.ea.com/Assets/Resources/EASO/Image/06052012-NCAA-BenHBlog-Demo1.jpg
Heisman Challenge presented by NissanFirst let’s start with the Heisman Challenge. For the first time ever you will have the chance to experience what it’s like to be a Heisman Trophy winner. There are 16 former Heisman recipients involved in the Heisman Challenge in the full retail version of the game, but for the demo we are giving you a chance to play as 2011 Heisman Trophy winner Robert Griffin III. You will be able to put RG3 on one of the six teams included in the demo, and experience for yourself the new Total Control passing system. You can also check out the all new Reaction Time feature which gives you the ability to “slow the game down” and take the time to make the split-second decisions that came so natural to these Heisman greats.http://vassets.ea.com/Assets/Resources/EASO/Image/06052012-NCAA-BenHBlog-Demo2.jpg
Dynasty ExperienceWith the addition of ESPN Studio Updates and the Bottom Line ticker to Dynasty Mode, we wanted to give you a feel for how the stories of the day will be revealed to you depending on when your game is being played. To do this, we are going to drop you into a Dynasty that has been simmed to week 10 of the upcoming college football season. We chose week 10 for two very important reasons, Oregon @ USC and Alabama @ LSU. Since both of those games are played in week 10 it was the natural choice for our Dynasty experience week. With RG3 being playable in the Heisman Challenge it also felt right for us to select Baylor as one of the teams in our other matchup, and we opted for Kansas State as Baylor’s opponent.When you select the Dynasty Experience from the menu you will be brought to the schedule screen where you will have the ability to select any of these three matchups. Each one is at a different time of day so that you will get to experience the “stories of Saturday” from three different perspectives.http://vassets.ea.com/Assets/Resources/EASO/Image/06052012-NCAA-BenHBlog-Demo3.jpg
Once you select your game it’s time to head in and check out all of those new gameplay improvements like Total Control Passing, Read and React Defensive AI, and more. Not only that, you can also follow all of the action around the country through the Bottom Line and Studio Updates with Rece Davis.
http://vassets.ea.com/Assets/Resources/EASO/Image/06052012-NCAA-BenHBlog-Demo4.jpg
Heisman Challenge UnlockAs a reward for checking out the demo, we are going to give you three Heisman Challenge athletes for use in the full retail version ofNCAA Football 13. By completing each of the three demo matchups (either through the Heisman Challenge or the Dynasty experience) you will unlock classic Heisman winners Jim Plunkett, Tim Brown, and Archie Griffin.
http://vassets.ea.com/Assets/Resources/EASO/Image/06052012-NCAA-BenHBlog-Demo5.jpg
Share the DemoIn addition to the Heisman Challenge unlocks, we are also giving you 5 Nike Pro Combat uniforms just for telling a friend to check out the NCAA Football 13 demo. All you need to do is share the demo once and you will unlock the Nike Pro Combat uniforms for Navy, Stanford, Ohio State, LSU, and Boise State:
http://vassets.ea.com/Assets/Resources/EASO/Image/06052012-NCAA-BenHBlog-Demo6.jpg
http://vassets.ea.com/Assets/Resources/EASO/Image/06052012-NCAA-BenHBlog-Demo7.jpg
Now that you’ve got the details, go download that demo and start enjoying your first hands-on peek at NCAA Football 13. Be sure to preorder the game, and get ready for the full experience on July 10th.

SmoothPancakes
06-05-2012, 01:19 PM
Bad news for impatient PS3 guys... an article for "how to download the demo (http://www.easports.com/ncaa-football/news/article/how-to-download-the-demo)" says
The NCAA Football 13 demo will be available on PlayStation® Store June 6 at 7PM EDT/4PM PDT

OUCH! :D

Noles94
06-05-2012, 01:21 PM

Hm. Buying the game for my PS3 so I was going to just download the demo there. Still will tomorrow, but since I want to check it out today, time to fire up the 360. Thanks for the heads-up.

JBHuskers
06-05-2012, 01:22 PM
I'll get excited about a disc in my hands :) but not a demo dude. Demos are very incomplete and very fragmented and not a really recent build of the game if i'm not mistaken...

To me, its just the video game companies showing off that they can do this sort of thing on the internet

You do have one thing right here. The demo is not a final representation of the retail game. Though most will still bitch like it is rather than actually take steps to help make it better.

JBHuskers

I still wouldn't be surprised that it shows up tonight.

psuexv

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/eraser851/funny/FU.gif

JSmith03
06-05-2012, 01:24 PM
Demo is at 43% right now. I'm probably gonna try to get either a game with each team or just play all three matchup before giving an impression. Also gonna try out the Heisman Challenge and the whole "Reaction Time" thing. I'm thinking the Heisman Challenge can also be seen as a preview of RTG mode, but idk.

SmoothPancakes
06-05-2012, 01:30 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/eraser851/funny/FU.gif

:D :D :D :D :D

Treadstone6700
06-05-2012, 01:30 PM
Going to take some time to get used to what passing trajectories to use and how long you have to hold the button down.

One thing I noticed playing as Bama is that I had a really hard time getting a pass rush, my guys were constantly in the patty-cake animation with the offensive lineman.

Lot of interceptions in the game too, I threw 2 of them and picked off 4 of them.

Saw one of the diving catch animations on a post route up the middle of the field, that was pretty cool to see.

JBHuskers
06-05-2012, 01:34 PM
Unless the entire store doesn't update until tomorrow for E3 and the massive stuff they're going to offer for PS+, I don't see why the NCAA demo would be held off til Wednesday.

ram29jackson
06-05-2012, 01:36 PM
I still wouldn't be surprised that it shows up tonight.

PS3 has a tendency to do that

gschwendt
06-05-2012, 01:36 PM
Unless the entire store doesn't update until tomorrow for E3 and the massive stuff they're going to offer for PS+, I don't see why the NCAA demo would be held off til Wednesday.Only reason I can think is if Sony wanted their first party stuff to have the store by themselves...

BTW, are these new/unseen Ohio State pro-combat uniforms? I didn't follow OSU at all last year so I might have missed them.
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8003/7157137367_a1e6b0301a_o.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7088/7342340368_0cd31fb645_o.jpg

Treadstone6700
06-05-2012, 01:38 PM
Just lobbed one up over the safety's head to my TE running a go route right up the middle of the field for an over the shoulder catch in stride...that was... awesome.

I OU a Beatn
06-05-2012, 01:40 PM
You do have one thing right here. The demo is not a final representation of the retail game. Though most will still bitch like it is rather than actually take steps to help make it better.

It may not be the final thing but it's pretty damn close, aka, if it's broken in the demo, more than likely it's going to be broken in the game. This theory has been proven time and time again the past several years.

Anyone know what difficulty the demo is being played on? I don't see a way to change it and I want to make sure I'm not playing on Freshman before I start bitching about how god awful the pass rush and pressure on the QB is again.

JBHuskers
06-05-2012, 01:40 PM
Just lobbed one up over the safety's head to my TE running a go route right up the middle of the field for an over the shoulder catch in stride...that was... awesome.

:up:

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

gschwendt
06-05-2012, 01:41 PM
Demo is likely on Varsity though I could have sworn that they've given the option to change it in recent years... can't imagine they wouldn't this year as well.

If someone can confirm that there's no way to change difficulty, we can at least ask the question what difficulty it's on.

oweb26
06-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Demo is likely on Varsity though I could have sworn that they've given the option to change it in recent years... can't imagine they wouldn't this year as well.

If someone can confirm that there's no way to change difficulty, we can at least ask the question what difficulty it's on.

Past couple of years it has been an option to change it, that woudl really suck if they removed that option.

Kwizzy
06-05-2012, 01:43 PM

You could definitely change the difficulty last year. Not sure why they would remove that this year.

ram29jackson
06-05-2012, 01:44 PM
Only reason I can think is if Sony wanted their first party stuff to have the store by themselves...

BTW, are these new/unseen Ohio State pro-combat uniforms? I didn't follow OSU at all last year so I might have missed them.
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8003/7157137367_a1e6b0301a_o.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7088/7342340368_0cd31fb645_o.jpg

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt82/ram29jackson/ohio-state-pro-combat.jpg

I OU a Beatn
06-05-2012, 01:44 PM
I don't know, I've looked. There's not even a menu option in game for "options" or "settings" like it has been the past several years. I didn't really look that hard on the main menu of the game but I don't remember seeing an option there either first glance.

SmoothPancakes
06-05-2012, 01:46 PM
It may not be the final thing but it's pretty damn close, aka, if it's broken in the demo, more than likely it's going to be broken in the game. This theory has been proven time and time again the past several years.

Anyone know what difficulty the demo is being played on? I don't see a way to change it and I want to make sure I'm not playing on Freshman before I start bitching about how god awful the pass rush and pressure on the QB is again.

It's either Freshman or Varsity, that is absolute. When I'm getting pop ups saying "Press :360a: to snap the ball", "Press :360b: to switch defenders, etc, it sure as hell ain't AA or Heisman.

As for the demo, So far I've seen three studio updates in the first quarter alone. First was immediately following the opening kickoff, the second came right after I threw an interception to the Baylor defense and the teams were switching out offense/defense, and then the third was the only questionable one, with it coming in the middle of my drive after a first down play to set up second and inches inside the Baylor 10 yard line. I still got the touchdown to even it up at 7-7, but it did sort of disrupt the flow of my drive a little.

So far, I have sort of tuned out the score ticker while playing. Only things that have explicitly drawn my attention to it during the middle of a play, pre-snap, or while in the playbook, is the Priority Score alerts.

The RBs are juking and spinning better this year. On Baylor's first drive, their running back was bending me over with his juking and spin moves, especially on one play where he juked out of a tackle attempt by my DT, and then immediately segued from the juke right into a spin around a linebacker and tore my ass up for an extra 15 yards.

SmoothPancakes
06-05-2012, 01:47 PM

I didn't personally see any difficulty options. I can check to be absolutely certain when I get done with this Kansas State-Baylor game.

I OU a Beatn
06-05-2012, 01:48 PM
Yeah, that's what I figured. I guess I'll save my bitching for the retail version then. :D

Kwizzy
06-05-2012, 01:49 PM
I didn't personally see any difficulty options. I can check to be absolutely certain when I get done with this Kansas State-Baylor game.

May sound stupid but you might want to check in the pause menu in game as well just in case.

SmoothPancakes
06-05-2012, 01:51 PM
May sound stupid but you might want to check in the pause menu in game as well just in case.

I'm in the pause menu right now as I type this. There isn't even an options menu. Only things in the pause menu are Resume Game, Call Timeout, What's New, Game Controls (set your auto passing, auto strafe, same old stuff), Quit Game and Exit Demo. That's it.

I OU a Beatn
06-05-2012, 01:51 PM

The only in game pause options are "resume game," "call timeout," "what's new," "game controls," "quite game," and "exit demo." It's not under game controls so it's not there in game.

Kwizzy
06-05-2012, 01:52 PM
The only in game pause options are "resume game," "call timeout," "what's new," "game controls," "quite game," and "exit demo." It's not under game controls so it's not there in game.

damn, this would be a BIG mistake if they removed that option.

gschwendt
06-05-2012, 01:53 PM
I've fired off an email to ask... might not get the quickest response since they're all at E3 this week.

Deuce
06-05-2012, 01:58 PM
The RBs are juking and spinning better this year. On Baylor's first drive, their running back was bending me over with his juking and spin moves, especially on one play where he juked out of a tackle attempt by my DT, and then immediately segued from the juke right into a spin around a linebacker and tore my ass up for an extra 15 yards.

The CPU running sounds promising. Especially if it's on freshman. :up:

Treadstone6700
06-05-2012, 01:58 PM
Don't see any way to change the difficulty of the demo from the main menu or in game.

One thing I saw that was 'broken' was my Alabama defense celebrating after they just got scored on...

Other than that what I've seen is pretty good! The passing system is rewarding and when you make the right read and use the right 'touch' it feels like it took some skill. Haven't seen a ton of other issues that couldn't be addressed with sliders.

fincane
06-05-2012, 01:59 PM
Only played one game, but the white jerseys not getting dirty issue is still a thing.

xMrHitStickx904
06-05-2012, 02:01 PM
^ take into account the type of playing surface.

fincane
06-05-2012, 02:02 PM
It was Oregon on the road at USC

I OU a Beatn
06-05-2012, 02:04 PM
Initial impressions from first game:

I won 24-3 playing as Oregon at USC. It was 3-3 heading into the fourth and then I started throwing every down and yeah, I'm hoping it's on one of the lower difficulties because I just shredded the CPU every play. I do like they brought back user control when catching the ball. Last year no matter the position the DB won every single damn time and I was able to make several user catches in coverage on the demo.

Overall the game felt more fluid and I felt as if I had more player control than I did last year.

On the flip side, I can't really complain because you can't change the difficulty and it's pretty obvious it's on one of the lower difficulties, but if it was on a higher level with the same results...the pass rush still takes way too long, it's still way too easy to pass the ball, and the defensive secondary still has some "what the hell are you doing?" moments. But like I said, considering I can't switch difficulties, I can't tell if that's going to be a problem on the higher levels or not.

By the way, I checked the main menu and the option to change difficulty isn't there, either. A weird omission indeed.

Deuce
06-05-2012, 02:04 PM
Is the progressive lighting in? Wondering if stuff like jersey's getting dirty and progressive lighting were left out of the demo? :dunno: ...seems silly that the jersey thing would be left out though.

SmoothPancakes
06-05-2012, 02:05 PM
Baylor's QB definitely has no reservations about scrambling. I just got my ass torched two plays in a row by Baylor's QB, for over 20-25 yards combined, because I had no one spying him and all my DBs were 20+ yards downfield with the receivers. The worst part is those two scrambles let Baylor get down to chip shot field goal range with 5 seconds left to tie it up 10-10 at halftime. :fp:

Whoever it was who said about interceptions being a potential issue, I second this. In the first half of Kansas State-Baylor alone, I have thrown 3 interceptions and Baylor has thrown 2.

beartide06
06-05-2012, 02:07 PM
First thing I noticed when playing with bama at LSU was that the icons were visible from the start of the play every single play. The icons were never dimmed. I also noticed when you zoom out to look at play art, it zooms at an angle sometimes for some reason. The juke for RB's is horrid IMO. The RB barely moves when he jukes for me. It seems, as a user, that I have way less control when trying to perform user controlled catches, picks, etc. D line does feel to be stuck more in patty cake mode. Picks do seem excessive. I also do not notice an option to set difficulty anywhere. WR bubble screen seems strange... when I ran it the first time it was blown up like last year and when I ran it the second time, the blocking WR's immediately sprinted to the LOS to block DL. It did not make any sense. However, it is very nice to see DB's and WR's actually go up and contend for the passes.

I OU a Beatn
06-05-2012, 02:07 PM
The CPU threw 3 against me but I didn't throw any. My DB dropped an easy pick early in the game so it should have been 4.

gschwendt
06-05-2012, 02:13 PM
Confirmed, the demo is indeed on Varsity. They intended to have difficulty options but with the way they're doing the demo based out of the dynasty (to showcase studio updates), adding difficulty options wasn't really possible without creating unnecessary bugs.

JBHuskers
06-05-2012, 02:15 PM
Is the progressive lighting in? Wondering if stuff like jersey's getting dirty and progressive lighting were left out of the demo? :dunno: ...seems silly that the jersey thing would be left out though.

It's possible that it's not in the demo. Audio gets stripped down among other things to get within the size limitations and etc.

I OU a Beatn
06-05-2012, 02:22 PM
Confirmed, the demo is indeed on Varsity. They intended to have difficulty options but with the way they're doing the demo based out of the dynasty (to showcase studio updates), adding difficulty options wasn't really possible without creating unnecessary bugs.

Thank you.

Little Steve
06-05-2012, 02:24 PM
This is a very very long wait to DL something as small as 13. Internet's fine, anyone else having problems in the DL area?

I OU a Beatn
06-05-2012, 02:27 PM
This is a very very long wait to DL something as small as 13. Internet's fine, anyone else having problems in the DL area?

It depends entirely upon your internet speed. It's a 2GB file, so it's pretty chunky. If you have something like 768k speed internet, it's going to take quite awhile.

gschwendt
06-05-2012, 02:28 PM
This is a very very long wait to DL something as small as 13. Internet's fine, anyone else having problems in the DL area?It's nearly 2GB... hardly a small file. That combined with others downloading various files from XBL, it can slow it down.

JSmith03
First quick impression - it'll definitely be possible to run the spread option attack this year. Playing as Oregon, and I'm having quick success running with the QB. I don't expect it to be this easy, but it's nice being able to read the defense and run successfully. QB starts off much faster too, as he should.

Little Steve
It depends entirely upon your internet speed. It's a 2GB file, so it's pretty chunky. If you have something like 768k speed internet, it's going to take quite awhile.
Guess i'l go to the Y, thanks man.

gschwendt
06-05-2012, 02:30 PM
Sup3r_Novaa is streaming his play of the demo here:
http://www.twitch.tv/sup3r_novaa

JSmith03
06-05-2012, 02:35 PM
Also, punt returning may be legit this year. Almost took my first one back with HB #6 on Oregon (LOL), but couldn't make the last guy miss. If you let your blocks set up (don't just mash on Turbo immediately) and find the hole, it's possible to get good returns. Hopefully it isn't TOO easy though, even though I see it's on Varsity.And the passing game feels legit. Just dropped a beautiful pass over a safety for a TD. WR caught it in stride.

SmoothPancakes
06-05-2012, 02:36 PM
Studio Updates in Kansas State-Baylor game

1. 1st quarter, after opening kickoff.
2. 1st quarter, after Kansas State interception
3. 1st quarter, after Kansas State first down play that resulted in 2nd and inches with 55 seconds left in the quarter.
4. 2nd quarter, after Baylor field goal to tie the game 10-10 with 2 seconds left.
5. 3rd quarter, after Baylor incomplete pass resulting in 3rd and 12 with 1:57 left in the quarter.
6. 4th quarter, after Kansas State 8 yard pass resulting in 2nd and 2 with 2:24 left in the game.

So I think our fears of mid-drive studio updates may in fact be true. :( They also need to do a better job of spreading the updates out. Three in the first quarter alone, then one each in the second, third and fourth quarters. Finally, they need to spread the updates out around various games. Every single update but one (the second update) was about TCU-West Virginia. That was pretty much the only game I heard about all day.

On a gameplay related note, nice to see the refs still fuck you over with "timely" penalties. Facing 3rd and 2 at the Baylor 27 yard line, I call a rush up the middle, I get over the line of scrimmage and as my RB is being tackled, what do you know, out comes the flag for holding. 3rd and 12 falls incomplete, I miss the 44 yard field goal just barely wide left, and then Baylor rapes me with a 70 yard touchdown pass three plays later with 1:03 left in the game. Thankfully I was able to get a couple deep passes and score to tie the game up at 24-24 with 37 seconds left. Baylor drove down on me, a QB scramble set up a 47 yard field goal, which Baylor makes with 2 seconds left, and I lose 27-24.

JBHuskers
06-05-2012, 02:37 PM
Plus there is probably a rush of people trying to obtain it. Bogging down the Microsoft servers too.

Treadstone6700
06-05-2012, 02:37 PM
I know this is a polarizing issue largely related to it's overall importance in the game, but if they gave the short dreads to RG3 (and Haumiller specifically mentions it in the demo video) why is everyone else still running around with the predator dreads?

JSmith03
06-05-2012, 02:39 PM
One thing I have never seen in the NCAA game - a WR just dropped an open pass going over the middle. Just clean dropped it, in one of those "he was looking upfield before securing the ball" situations. I personally thought that was cool.

NatureBoy
06-05-2012, 02:40 PM
:up: I'm downloading it now! 58% complete.

JBHuskers
06-05-2012, 02:40 PM
One thing I have never seen in the NCAA game - a WR just dropped an open pass going over the middle. Just clean dropped it, in one of those "he was looking upfield before securing the ball" situations. I personally thought that was cool.

Oh I've seen it before :D

Kwizzy
06-05-2012, 02:41 PM

3. 1st quarter, after Kansas State first down play that resulted in 2nd and inches with 55 seconds left in the quarter.
4. 2nd quarter, after Baylor field goal to tie the game 10-10 with 2 seconds left.
5. 3rd quarter, after Baylor incomplete pass resulting in 3rd and 12 with 1:57 left in the quarter.
6. 4th quarter, after Kansas State 8 yard pass resulting in 2nd and 2 with 2:24 left in the game.

So I think our fears of mid-drive studio updates may in fact be true. :( They also need to do a better job of spreading the updates out. Three in the first quarter alone, then one each in the second, third and fourth quarters. Finally, they need to spread the updates out around various games. Every single update but one (the second update) was about TCU-West Virginia. That was pretty much the only game I heard about all day.

On a gameplay related note, nice to see the refs still fuck you over with "timely" penalties. Facing 3rd and 2 at the Baylor 27 yard line, I call a rush up the middle, I get over the line of scrimmage and as my RB is being tackled, what do you know, out comes the flag for holding. 3rd and 12 falls incomplete, I miss the 44 yard field goal just barely wide left, and then Baylor rapes me with a 70 yard touchdown pass three plays later with 1:03 left in the game. Thankfully I was able to get a couple deep passes and score to tie the game up at 24-24 with 37 seconds left. Baylor drove down on me, a QB scramble set up a 47 yard field goal, which Baylor makes with 2 seconds left, and I lose 27-24.

If I remember right, KS vs Baylor is the early game so there should be a limited number of other games that they could update you on. Not saying it's not an issue just that it might be the reason in that instance. keep checking it out on other matchups though. good stuff.

I OU a Beatn
06-05-2012, 02:41 PM
I also like the removal of the ball heading the receiver in the head. I don't know if that was a glitch or what, but that was just about the most annoying thing I've ever encountered on NCAA.

morsdraconis
06-05-2012, 02:43 PM
I also like the removal of the ball heading the receiver in the head. I don't know if that was a glitch or what, but that was just about the most annoying thing I've ever encountered on NCAA.

It was a "bug" in the sense that there wasn't an animation for that particular instance and therefore the game didn't do anything and thus allowed the ball to bean the receiver in the head.

Treadstone6700
06-05-2012, 02:46 PM
I've been trying to huck bombs to test out this new passing system but I really like the way the defense plays the way they should in most instances, I can move the ball easily if I actually take what the defense gives me but if I try to force deep passes I'm in trouble. I like that.

JSmith03
06-05-2012, 02:49 PM

I don't know about the studio updates. I've only seen two so far in my Oregon-USC game, none of them being mid-drive. One was right after the opening kickoff about WV getting a win over TCU, the other coming RIGHT before the end of the second quarter with an update on Texas Tech having a lead over Texas.

But if they are happening too often, hopefully the early demo release will give them time to tune/fix it.

AustinWolv
06-05-2012, 02:50 PM
I've been trying to huck bombs to test out this new passing system but I really like the way the defense plays the way they should in most instances, I can move the ball easily if I actually take what the defense gives me but if I try to force deep passes I'm in trouble. I like that.
I hope that holds out for the real game. It would make online play all the more usable since most people get by on forcing into coverage and bombs in past versions as their offense instead of actually reading the D and finding open guys. Be nice if there was an actual penalty for forcing the ball where it shouldn't go.

psuexv
06-05-2012, 02:53 PM
Sup3r_Novaa is streaming his play of the demo here:
http://www.twitch.tv/sup3r_novaa

Watching this and not a huge deal but it's winding down the 2nd quarter and he's on Defense. Has KSU pinned deep and is calling timeouts. Nessler's comments when he calls one "Baylor is a little confused and has to call a time out" A little annoying, would be nice to hear him say something about them trying to get the ball back before the half.

SmoothPancakes
06-05-2012, 02:54 PM
I don't know about the studio updates. I've only seen two so far in my Oregon-USC game, none of them being mid-drive. One was right after the opening kickoff about WV getting a win over TCU, the other coming RIGHT before the end of the second quarter with an update on Texas Tech having a lead over Texas.

But if they are happening too often, hopefully the early demo release will give them time to tune/fix it.

Well, I'm glad to see studio updates aren't scripted in the demo, because TCU was trouncing West Virginia. It was something like TCU 37-13 or something.

I OU a Beatn
06-05-2012, 02:56 PM
CPU just ran a fake punt on 4th and 21. :D

JSmith03
06-05-2012, 02:56 PM
Ahh, starting to see the mid-drive updates now...at least one was about Stanford v. Colorado. Could get annoying fast though.

Kwizzy
06-05-2012, 02:57 PM
Are the scores the same every game? I would think they would be because it wouldn't be re-simming those every time.

Treadstone6700
06-05-2012, 02:58 PM
I'm definitely skipping through the studio updates already.

Side note: CPU ran a successful onside kick against me, bounced right off my TE's hands forward and they dove on it to recover. Can't remember the last time i saw that happen

JSmith03
06-05-2012, 03:02 PM
Well, I'm glad to see studio updates are scripted in the demo, because TCU was trouncing West Virginia. It was something like TCU 37-13 or something.

I guess I was wrong about the score. In my game TCU beat WV 30-17. I thought WV had the lead though when I saw the update, so idk about that.

JSmith03
06-05-2012, 03:10 PM
If you have a good returner (or a guy with speed) he'll definitely have the potential to break a game open or at least be effective. In my Oregon-USC game, it looks like "DeAnthony Thomas" is gonna finish with 4 punt returns for 70 yards. Almost took my first one to the house, but couldn't shake the last guy.

JBHuskers
06-05-2012, 03:15 PM
So for those who have gotten to play the demo, how are you liking the feel of the gameplay?

Geauxlden
06-05-2012, 03:26 PM
So for those who have gotten to play the demo, how are you liking the feel of the gameplay?

I never really played '12 on Varsity so I don't have a strong frame of reference as to how different things are but I felt that the CPU was more dangerous. Their running game was good and I thought that the WRs made plays on the ball that I just can't recall seeing in '12. Also thought the CPU OL pass protected well.

Passing the football does feel different because of the trajectories. I was able to perfectly place a ball on a seam route over the DB basically dropping it in the bucket. It also looks like defenders will not make a play on the ball if they can't see it. I had a CB get hit in the butt with the ball because he was face guarding the WR. Seems that in '12 the CB would've magically flipped around and made the int.

On the downside, I still saw the OL miss some blocks on pulling plays and I think that I've discovered a bug. While in Nickle and Dime, when you choose "4 DEs" in the sub packages it puts 11 offensive players on the field (or at least it did for me in LSU vs. Bama). The player numbers on the play call screen will be normal but when you return to the field it's all offensive players on defense. I'm hoping this is just a demo bug and doesn't make it to retail.

Kwizzy
06-05-2012, 03:27 PM
We have the @EASPORTS @ncaafootball13 Team Ratings over at @TraditionSports. Check them out here: http://traditionsportsonline.com/ea-sports-ncaa-football-13-team-ratings-revealed #E3 #NCAA13

psuexv
06-05-2012, 03:28 PM
Nevermind, damn you're fast Kwizzy.

gschwendt
06-05-2012, 03:29 PM
Let's put ratings discussion here (where I posted it 15 minutes ago :) )
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?5135-Team-Ratings-in-NCAA-Football-13

Kwizzy
06-05-2012, 03:30 PM
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?5135-Team-Ratings-in-NCAA-Football-13

mehmehmehmeh meh meh meehh... Look at me I'm G! :))

psuexv
06-05-2012, 03:30 PM

LOL :fp:

Kev5890
06-05-2012, 03:31 PM
Realize a ton of you are stuck at work or have a PS3 so I captured some media to tide you over. This is done with my phone (HTC EVO 4G LTE) and it captured 1080p video so remember to check the youtube setting:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/5luK8VcjCRs

http://www.youtube.com/embed/uw_hA0Qapwk

http://www.youtube.com/embed/cnKYOjyIiow

http://www.youtube.com/embed/q6heEmzUDmk

http://www.youtube.com/embed/E5LW_U_99PU

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v129/Kev8688/VIDEO0013_0000010055.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v129/Kev8688/VIDEO0018_0000010416.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v129/Kev8688/VIDEO0018_0000003304.jpg

JBHuskers
06-05-2012, 03:33 PM

Tommy wins :D

JSmith03
06-05-2012, 03:44 PM

It's definitely smoother. You can tell they've definitely added more animations, especially catching.

As far as the running game, I didn't see any of the DLineman magically shedding their blocks to stop you, as if they knew the play exactly. I know it's on Varsity though, so I'd have to wait until I can up the difficulty to see about that. Also, the option attack may be legit. I tore up USC's defense with Oregon's option attack. RB #24 ended up as player of the game with 14 carries for maybe 110+ yards and 2 TDs, but the QB had to have at least 50 with a TD as well. The DLineman don't cover both the QB or the RB, they seem to commit to one or the other.

As far as the passing game, it's a LOT better this year. I had a hitch route wide open, but I decided to lead the WR into an open space towards the sideline. The WR ended up catching the pass in stride and turning up field for additional yards that I wouldn't have gotten just throwing the simple throw. It feels good to be able to place balls where you want them, but hopefully inaccurate QBs don't have the same luxury (I did this with LSU's QB). I was also able to thread a pass right over a safety's head for a TD without him unrealistically jumping in another game. Also, it does look like the psychic db and superlinebackers are gone. Dbs play balls as they're supposed to, with appropriate animations. My only worry is that with the ability to lead passes where you want them, you will be able to absolutely shred a defense. I guess we'll have to wait to up the difficulty and try out less accurate QBs before making that judgment.

As far as special teams, like I said above, the punt return game is much better. You can realistically break a game wide open if the blocks set up and you have a dangerous returner. It looks like they changed the blocker's assignments for punt return plays too, I know for a fact that PR Middle looks different. I know this is all on Varsity but everything gameplay wise is looking good so far.

Big Blue
06-05-2012, 03:46 PM
One of the best things I have noticed in the demo so far is that receivers are actually going up and fighting for the ball! Passing this year is so much more realistic, having a ton of fun with demo. Also, the running seems a little tighter and the tackling system seems improved. I definitely underestimated this game.

Cane305
06-05-2012, 03:48 PM
I saw someone post that the deep ball isn't as wide open as it was in 12'. Anyone else seeing this? Hoping that the four vertical play will not be as efficient as it was last year against the CPU.

Big Blue
06-05-2012, 03:51 PM
Also, haven't seen any tackle animations from last year except maybe 2 or 3. This is excellent.

JSmith03
06-05-2012, 03:55 PM
On the downside, I still saw the OL miss some blocks on pulling plays and I think that I've discovered a bug. While in Nickle and Dime, when you choose "4 DEs" in the sub packages it puts 11 offensive players on the field (or at least it did for me in LSU vs. Bama). The player numbers on the play call screen will be normal but when you return to the field it's all offensive players on defense. I'm hoping this is just a demo bug and doesn't make it to retail.

Just tried it, and it does it for me too. Hopefully that doesn't make it in.

AustinWolv
06-05-2012, 03:55 PM
I saw someone post that the deep ball isn't as wide open as it was in 12'. Anyone else seeing this? Hoping that the four vertical play will not be as efficient as it was last year against the CPU.
And users abusing it online. Played someone that ran that play and one other pass play EXCLUSIVELY all game. Lame.

JSmith03
06-05-2012, 04:05 PM
Deep ball definitely looks like it can't be abused this year. DBs will play the ball if they see it and they're in position. Just ran a "Seattle" play and dropped a beautiful lob over the LB to a WR on the sideline. Made a leaping catch before getting tackled.This game honestly looks MUCH better than I expected. BUT, it is Varsity though :D.

JSmith03
06-05-2012, 04:12 PM
One last thing...even though there's no RTP until 14, the new tackling engine coupled with some new animations I've seen thus far definitely makes the game feel fresh. I'm seeing a lot of tackles and RB animations I've never seen before.And a quick note: Threw a GL Fade, but the DB swatted it down. In replay, saw that the CB played a zone (it looked like) but looked back at the QB/WR, then watched the ball as he jumped up and swatted the ball. Yeah, I'd say psychic DBs are gone.

ram29jackson
06-05-2012, 04:27 PM
One last thing...even though there's no RTP until 14, the new tackling engine coupled with some new animations I've seen thus far definitely makes the game feel fresh. I'm seeing a lot of tackles and RB animations I've never seen before.And a quick note: Threw a GL Fade, but the DB swatted it down. In replay, saw that the CB played a zone (it looked like) but looked back at the QB/WR, then watched the ball as he jumped up and swatted the ball. Yeah, I'd say psychic DBs are gone.

that doesnt mean psychic DBs are gone, it just means they look more realistic with a head turn doing it now..if thats the case ?

but wouldnt that also mean fade routes arent automatic with a high jumping wide receiver like they are in Madden ?

JSmith03
06-05-2012, 04:54 PM
that doesnt mean psychic DBs are gone, it just means they look more realistic with a head turn doing it now..if thats the case ?

but wouldnt that also mean fade routes arent automatic with a high jumping wide receiver like they are in Madden ?

Well to me, it looked like the DB went into zone, looked back at the WR, then looked and saw the QB throw the ball (or could've been the other way around). After that, he had to run while watching the ball and he jumped up and swatted it. The WR had to wait for it because I was on the short side of the field. I also didn't throw it to the corner of the endzone, so I didn't really give my WR a chance to catch it.

Regardless, you can run curl, comeback, and dig/out routes and see that psychic DBs are gone or at least heavily toned down. I remember in 12 instances where you could run a comeback, and the CB would cut before the WR, ending up in front of him for an easy interception. This year, the DBs WILL plant and recover if they're running with the WR. They have to react to the WR making his cut. I didn't see one psychic db in 2 games I played so far.

And yeah I'd say passes to high-jumping WRs may not be automatic in general. A lot of my deeper throws were deflected by DBs playing the ball nicely.

Little Steve
06-05-2012, 05:11 PM
Guess what im still waiting on to DL:D

JBHuskers
06-05-2012, 05:13 PM
Sony has updated the store for the big PS+ freebies and some new games, so it does look like the demo is tomorrow, but if you have some free time, always try to go into the search function and look for it that way.

NatureBoy
06-05-2012, 05:41 PM
I'm really enjoying the new passing system. No more runnning back 20 yards and the QB hurls it down field for a big gain. I tried that several times just messing around with it and I threw an INT every time. Also, I love the fact that the running back keeps on fighting for extra yards. My running back was wrapped up a couple of times in the back field but he was able to break free for a decent gain.

Also, RGIII can haul ass in this game. If he can run that fast in Madden, watch out! He's going to be dangerous.

SmoothPancakes
06-05-2012, 05:51 PM
Sony has updated the store for the big PS+ freebies and some new games, so it does look like the demo is tomorrow, but if you have some free time, always try to go into the search function and look for it that way.

I'll repeat what I said in my post earlier.

OUCH. :D

tko27
06-05-2012, 05:57 PM
In real life there are some routes and some situations when a QB would want to throw a pass BEFORE the WR turns and looks back. Curl routes and out routes are examples of this when sometimes you want to get the ball out of the QB's hands quickly and throw to a spot rather than force him to wait for the receiver to turn. Is this type of strategy completely taken out of the game now? What type of effect does the new throwing system have on plays like this?

gschwendt
06-05-2012, 05:59 PM
In real life there are some routes and some situations when a QB would want to throw a pass BEFORE the WR turns and looks back. Curl routes and out routes are examples of this when sometimes you want to get the ball out of the QB's hands quickly and throw to a spot rather than force him to wait for the receiver to turn. Is this type of strategy completely taken out of the game now? What type of effect does the new throwing system have on plays like this?You can still throw it before he cuts and so long as he turns around before the ball gets there, he'll be able to catch it.​

Little Steve
06-05-2012, 06:33 PM
REALLY really really poor blocking. at least they block someone but not who they sould... overall good though.

I OU a Beatn
06-05-2012, 06:52 PM
How is it poor blocking? Everything I've seen so far looks a lot better than it did last year. Blocking on WR screens is vastly improved, as is the blocking on zone reads. I've only played with one team that had under center running, but even that looked improved from the little time I played with it.

beartide06
06-05-2012, 06:56 PM
Kansas state decided to Pull a Les Miles and spike it on the last play of the game. :fp: Not sure if this would continue to be an issues, but they had no timeouts and with 1 second left they snapped it and spiked it when the clock hit 0.

jaymo76
06-05-2012, 07:08 PM
Not impressed with having to wait for the PS3 version, especially after seeing the PS Store update. I guess it was another one of those sweetheart xbox deals??? Well, enjoy the game for those who have it and give the rest of us lots of updates.

Deuce
06-05-2012, 07:13 PM
Not impressed with having to wait for the PS3 version, especially after seeing the PS Store update. I guess it was another one of those sweetheart xbox deals??? Well, enjoy the game for those who have it and give the rest of us lots of updates.

:+1: You 360 users get on here and give us some impressions!! ;)

oweb26
06-05-2012, 07:20 PM
How is it poor blocking? Everything I've seen so far looks a lot better than it did last year. Blocking on WR screens is vastly improved, as is the blocking on zone reads. I've only played with one team that had under center running, but even that looked improved from the little time I played with it.

I agree whole heartily the zone read are wayyy better than they were last year, I just put up over 100 rushing yards with Oregon and all I was doing was testing the zone reads and shotgun running. They pick up the back side block fairly decent and WR blocking seemingly is vastly improved, especially considering it was non existent on last years game.

Little Steve
06-05-2012, 07:29 PM

I like to run options and they are really making poor decisions. The WR and the CB just stand there and then the WR runs and misses the LB and the CB AND LB blow up the play. Same with the WR bubble screens. im also seeing poor reactions, there so close, but they still don't takle.

Little Steve
06-05-2012, 07:37 PM
:+1: You 360 users get on here and give us some impressions!! ;)
Player awareness took a big hit, I user control more then ever (to takle). They run away from the ball????. user control is much easyer to control. Bad blocking in my opinion. And once again Play action doesn't work, and in some (rare) cases they still KNOW YOUR PLAY.

JSmith03
06-05-2012, 07:39 PM
I like to run options and they are really making poor decisions. The WR and the CB just stand there and then the WR runs and misses the LB and the CB AND LB blow up the play. Same with the WR bubble screens. im also seeing poor reactions, there so close, but they still don't takle.

Are you reading the defense when you run the option, or are you running it straight into waiting defenders? Just because it's been improved doesn't mean you can just run it without fail. I was able to run for 150+ yards and 3 TDs with Oregon's QB and RB combined because I read the DLine and make the correct decisions. There was a time where I ran a read on the goalline and faked out the defense; they expected it to go to the RB for Oregon. I just walked right in with the QB.

As for bubble screens, I've only run one but all the blocking held up for me, I just couldn't shake one guy so it ended up in a short gain. That's usually how bubble's work to my knowledge. But why would you run a bubble screen when/if there are more defenders than blockers? It's gonna get blown up unless you break a number of tackles.

JSmith03
06-05-2012, 07:43 PM
One quick note: Kansas State's quarterback really likes to run. Even on pass plays, he doesn't take time to read through his progressions, it seems like if the first option isn't there, he's taking off lol. It's kind of hard to defend because your expecting pass, plus the dude can break tackles.

Looks like players will play to the tendencies, which it didn't seem like they did in NCAA 12. I could be wrong though.

Little Steve
06-05-2012, 07:46 PM
Are you reading the defense when you run the option, or are you running it straight into waiting defenders? Just because it's been improved doesn't mean you can just run it without fail. I was able to run for 150+ yards and 3 TDs with Oregon's QB and RB combined because I read the DLine and make the correct decisions. There was a time where I ran a read on the goalline and faked out the defense; they expected it to go to the RB for Oregon. I just walked right in with the QB.

As for bubble screens, I've only run one but all the blocking held up for me, I just couldn't shake one guy so it ended up in a short gain. That's usually how bubble's work to my knowledge. But why would you run a bubble screen when/if there are more defenders than blockers? It's gonna get blown up unless you break a number of tackles.

I've been running the option for a very very long team on varsity i made only one mistake <-spelling:cool:
I didn't run the bubble screen with more D then blockers. the wr just didn't move and the cb???

JeffHCross
06-05-2012, 07:47 PM
Realize a ton of you are stuck at work or have a PS3 so I captured some media to tide you over.KEV! Long time, no see.

Thanks for the pics to tide us lowly PS3 users over.

beartide06
06-05-2012, 07:51 PM
Are the dynasty updates in the demo going to always be the same? In the KSU and Baylor game, when they update about TCU and WVU, the updates are always the exact same thing with the exact same stats.

gschwendt
06-05-2012, 07:53 PM
Are the dynasty updates in the demo going to always be the same? In the KSU and Baylor game, when they update about TCU and WVU, the updates are always the exact same thing with the exact same stats.No... the game outcomes will always be the same in the demo simply because they aren't re-simulating these prior to launching the game. They simmed the season, then stored those results with the demo.

JSmith03
06-05-2012, 07:54 PM
I've been running the option for a very very long team on varsity i made only one mistake <-spelling:cool:
I didn't run the bubble screen with more D then blockers. the wr just didn't move and the cb???

You said the WR missed the LB. Therefore, you expected the WR to block him, correct? Meaning the WR is gonna pick either the CB or the LB, correct? Meaning you were already at a disadvantage. If you've been running the option for a long time you would know that it's better to run with more blocking in front of the intended ballcarrier. At least, that's my opinion.

Kwizzy
06-05-2012, 07:54 PM
Are the dynasty updates in the demo going to always be the same? In the KSU and Baylor game, when they update about TCU and WVU, the updates are always the exact same thing with the exact same stats.

It's canned for the demo because the other games have already been simmed. In the real game, the simmed scores will be different every time.

beartide06
06-05-2012, 07:55 PM
No... the game outcomes will always be the same in the demo simply because they aren't re-simulating these prior to launching the game. They simmed the season, then stored those results with the demo.

Ok, that is what I thought and assumed. I was just bringing it to attention just in case.

Little Steve
06-05-2012, 07:55 PM
looks that way, its really ***. 5 in 1st Q. 3 in the middle of the drive...(updates)

JeffHCross
06-05-2012, 07:58 PM
It's canned for the demo because the other games have already been simmed. In the real game, the simmed scores will be different every time.Though, if you play the same game over and over, it'll probably be largely the same updates, right? Since that's effectively what we're doing here.

JSmith03
06-05-2012, 07:59 PM
Just had a pass picked off over the middle to what I thought was a wide-open dig route. Saw the defender, which turned out to be a DT, dropping back, so I tried to throw a high bullet over his head. He did what I call a "fatman leap" where he reached up, but barely left the ground, if at all, and didn't really go that far back either. TOTALLY forgot about the new trajectories, I probably could've completed the pass with a nice lob over his head :fp: . I thought it was cool though, that he didn't do some super jump in the air.

gschwendt
06-05-2012, 07:59 PM
For someone that has played the game, can you tell me what you think of the alignment changes? As well, when you come out of the huddle on defense, if you do change alignment (Y + right d-pad), what changes are you seeing?

beartide06
06-05-2012, 08:03 PM
For someone that has played the game, can you tell me what you think of the alignment changes? As well, when you come out of the huddle on defense, if you do change alignment (Y + right d-pad), what changes are you seeing?

For man, the guys seem to be aligning properly as well as for zone. Sometimes it seems they are already aligned correctly, and when you adjust it with the Y + right d-pad, they get out of the correct alignment.

Specifically, I am seeing slot corners adjust to take the flat routes that a LB would be covering etc. They alignments seem to be working correctly. I have used them on almost every play.

JSmith03
06-05-2012, 08:09 PM
So, something interesting just happened in my KSU-Baylor game. So, I drop back with the QB and throw what I THINK is a go route by the Baylor WR. Keep in mind, the CB has inside position, so I naturally think a back shoulder throw would be completed. INSTEAD, he's running a dig route, and I end up throwing right in front of the CB. Interception, right?

Here's where it gets interesting. The CB is never actually looking at the ball, he's just reading the WR. So of course, when the WR cuts, he cuts after him. But that CB never saw the ball coming his way, but the WR did. SO, the ball goes right past him and the WR ends up making a catch that should have been picked off. Kind of unrealistic, but it holds true to the "Read and React" system thats in the game. The CB couldn't make a play on what he couldn't see.

morsdraconis
06-05-2012, 08:11 PM
So, something interesting just happened in my KSU-Baylor game. So, I drop back with the QB and throw what I THINK is a go route by the Baylor WR. Keep in mind, the CB has inside position, so I naturally think a back shoulder throw would be completed. INSTEAD, he's running a dig route, and I end up throwing right in front of the CB. Interception, right?Here's where it gets interesting. The CB is never actually looking at the ball, he's just reading the WR. So of course, when the WR cuts, he cuts after him. But that CB never saw the ball coming his way, but the WR did. SO, the ball goes right past him and the WR ends up making a catch that should have been picked off. Kind of unrealistic, but it holds true to the "Read and React" system thats in the game. The CB couldn't make a play on what he couldn't see.

That's not unrealistic. That's how football works. That was COMPLETELY the DB's fault for not looking at the ball when he felt that the WR was trying to make a play for it (like CBs naturally do). Hopefully that means that that CB sucks balls and has low "man coverage" or "awareness" and it affected him on that play.

Tarhead10
06-05-2012, 08:14 PM
I was really impressed with the new trajectory angles.... I was using KSU and chose a play action pass from goal line, my TE went to the corner and I was able to lob the pass over the two defenders and the TE caught it while dragging one foot inbounds... It was sweet....

Tarhead10
06-05-2012, 08:49 PM
Also felt that the atmosphere is 100% better.... I thought it was awesome that right before kickoff, the fans were chanting "LSU" "LSU".... Also it felt difficult to be playing in death valley, a feeling I have never felt before....

tko27
06-05-2012, 09:43 PM
Seriously, can somebody explain to me the deal between EA and XBox? It seems like Microsoft is always getting preferred treatment when it comes to EA Sports games

gschwendt
06-05-2012, 09:49 PM
Seriously, can somebody explain to me the deal between EA and XBox? It seems like Microsoft is always getting preferred treatment when it comes to EA Sports gamesI don't think a deal had anything to do with it this time... I think sony just wanted their first-party games to get the limelight in the store today. Remember though, there have been years when 360 fans were asking the same question in regards to sony. It's all just unfortunate timing.

baseballplyrmvp
06-05-2012, 09:58 PM
rece, rece, rece....its called The Coliseum....not USC Stadium. :smh:

baseballplyrmvp
06-05-2012, 10:08 PM
qb's decide to take off on the scramble a lot earlier than what they did last year.

rb's are a lot smarter too in recognizing where the hole is for them to run through.

Gator3guy
06-05-2012, 10:08 PM
rece, rece, rece....its called The Coliseum....not USC Stadium. :smh:

Might not have the rights to the name.

cdj
06-05-2012, 10:23 PM
Might not have the rights to the name.

You're right. As far as I know, it's always been listed as 'USC Stadium' in-game.

baseballplyrmvp
06-05-2012, 10:23 PM
best on best could use some additional tweaks.

i'm playing as :USC: against oregon, and oregon came out with 4 WR's and a Te (in a quads left formation?), while i'm in a dime 2 man under. it has my MLB covering the 4th wr, and the dime corner covering the TE (who's lined up on the very inside).

the MLB lines up over the TE however.

also, since when can oregon's qb get hit by 4 defenders and break 4 tackles all in one play? :mad:

gschwendt
06-05-2012, 10:37 PM
best on best could use some additional tweaks.

i'm playing as :USC: against oregon, and oregon came out with 4 WR's and a Te (in a quads left formation?), while i'm in a dime 2 man under. it has my MLB covering the 4th wr, and the dime corner covering the TE (who's lined up on the very inside).

the MLB lines up over the TE however.
Thanks... I'll capture footage of this and send it to them tomorrow evening once I have the demo.

Everyone be sure to post similar examples you see in the demo with the details like baseball did. Unfortunately my fear is more for the 335/425 stuff which I don't think is in the demo.

baseballplyrmvp
06-05-2012, 10:55 PM
Thanks... I'll capture footage of this and send it to them tomorrow evening once I have the demo.

Everyone be sure to post similar examples you see in the demo with the details like baseball did. Unfortunately my fear is more for the 335/425 stuff which I don't think is in the demo.ya, since there's no instant replay, i'm not entirely sure if it was a quads left or 5 wr left, with a TE in there. either way, the MLB lined up over the 4th wr, and the dime corner was on the TE.

ram29jackson
06-05-2012, 11:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiE8UlKbxQM&feature=g-all-u

jaymo76
06-06-2012, 12:04 AM
Thanks for the video Ram. There is definitely some stuff I like and some other stuff I wasn't too happy to still see in the game. I can't wait for PS3 version tomorrow. However,WHERE IS ERIN ANDREWS???????? 1. Is gametrack still in the game? 2. Are injury reports still in the game? I really hope these two items were not removed. It would not make any sense to take them out as that would impact the immersion. Does anyone know?

ram29jackson
06-06-2012, 05:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V49jlIBCI2g&feature=g-all-u

SmoothPancakes
06-06-2012, 05:33 AM
One quick note: Kansas State's quarterback really likes to run. Even on pass plays, he doesn't take time to read through his progressions, it seems like if the first option isn't there, he's taking off lol. It's kind of hard to defend because your expecting pass, plus the dude can break tackles.

Looks like players will play to the tendencies, which it didn't seem like they did in NCAA 12. I could be wrong though.

qb's decide to take off on the scramble a lot earlier than what they did last year.

rb's are a lot smarter too in recognizing where the hole is for them to run through.

Yes they do like scramble. I had Baylor's QB tear me a new one twice on the last drive of the game by scrambling consecutive plays, gaining over 25 yards combined between the two scrambles and singlehandedly setting Baylor up for a game winning field goal.

Rudy
06-06-2012, 06:25 AM
I don't understand the criticism of Rece Davis in the studio updates. He sounds fine to me. He's not supposed to be super hyper doing those things.

psusnoop
06-06-2012, 07:17 AM
Something small but I'd like to see the refs on the sidelines indicate that they are keeping the play clock rolling or if they are stopping it. For no huddle instances this could be beneficial.

*I'm reference plays like the one from this page the first video Ram has posted at the 13:18 mark in the video.

psusnoop
06-06-2012, 07:18 AM
I don't understand the criticism of Rece Davis in the studio updates. He sounds fine to me. He's not supposed to be super hyper doing those things.

I agree, it could be slightly smoother but I'm enjoying the updates from the vids I've watched.

SmoothPancakes
06-06-2012, 07:42 AM
*Yawns* Ahh, 8:40 in the morning. Sounds like a good time to jump on my PS3 360 and play some more of the demo. :D

Tarhead10
06-06-2012, 07:47 AM
*Yawns* Ahh, 8:40 in the morning. Sounds like a good time to jump on my PS3 360 and play some more of the demo. :D

Nice!!! :D

souljahbill
06-06-2012, 07:52 AM
So, today I return home from my Disney Cruise, (I'm still in Orlando at the moment) and I come back to the news that the demo is out. That's a nice "welcome home" gift!

morsdraconis
06-06-2012, 07:59 AM
So, apparently they didn't get rid of the hitting the receiver in the hit shit. Just happened in the video that Ram posted above (Kstate vs Baylor) at the 7:30 mark. Hits the RB right in the shoulder instead of him turning to try to make the catch (and probably falling down in the process of trying to make that catch).

:smh:

gschwendt
06-06-2012, 08:18 AM
Thanks for the video Ram. There is definitely some stuff I like and some other stuff I wasn't too happy to still see in the game. I can't wait for PS3 version tomorrow. However,WHERE IS ERIN ANDREWS???????? 1. Is gametrack still in the game? 2. Are injury reports still in the game? I really hope these two items were not removed. It would not make any sense to take them out as that would impact the immersion. Does anyone know?
They always remove some commentary, etc. in order to try to reduce the size of the demo. So far as I'm aware, both Game Track and Erin Andrews are still in the retail version.

Justin66
06-06-2012, 08:18 AM
Really liked how the option route worked corectly in the baylor playbook. Also liked how the option blocking is right! its not always the DE its the last man on the line of scrimage. Like it should be the pass rush still wasnt great from the cpu players but this is on varsity so. You dont know if it could be better it seems like weight mattters to some degree now. Bubble screens still need some work though a pa bubble screen might be right were it needs to be didnt see. One in either spread playbook, it looks like the linebackers are comeing up on the run. Now more than in past versions the only thing I didnt care for is the gameplan features are still there and pass committ.

psusnoop
06-06-2012, 08:47 AM
They always remove some commentary, etc. in order to try to reduce the size of the demo. So far as I'm aware, both Game Track and Erin Andrews are still in the retail version.

"Christian McLeod ‏@Bumble14_EA

Just to clarify a couple things based on demo feedback:1.) Gametracks are in the game,they are not in the demo due to space constraints."

Thought this would help to clear that up guys.

psusnoop
06-06-2012, 09:14 AM
Nice little breakdown of a couple of things from Tradition Sports.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=um1amoAP0O8

psusnoop
06-06-2012, 09:16 AM
I can't wait to get my hands on this Demo tonight (I hope), all these catch animations are really fun to watch.

JSmith03
06-06-2012, 09:20 AM
Guys are gonna have to get used to putting touch on the ball. Tried to throw a bullet on a screen and ended up overthrowing the RB. Also, tried to throw a bullet to the same RB on an angle route (?) and I ended up leading him too far, causing him to stretch out for the ball but drop it.

SmoothPancakes
06-06-2012, 09:21 AM
I can't wait to get my hands on this Demo tonight (I hope), all these catch animations are really fun to watch.

If only you had a 360. ;)

psusnoop
06-06-2012, 09:22 AM
One small thing when they looked to the sidelines after that hold on third down, I'd prefer not to see Jersey Numbers 01 and 02 there.

Deuce
06-06-2012, 09:27 AM

Hate you! ;)

baseballplyrmvp
06-06-2012, 09:28 AM
it wasnt a huge thing, but last night, when playing against oregon, yes they did go no-huddle on me, but it didnt look or feel right seeing the players do a little mini celebration after every play. when an oregon player goes down, he gets back up and immediately heads to the LOS. it didnt look quite right with all the little cut scenes in there, especially for a team that tries to play as fast as possible. again, its not a huge thing at all.

psusnoop
06-06-2012, 09:28 AM
Guys are gonna have to get used to putting touch on the ball. Tried to throw a bullet on a screen and ended up overthrowing the RB. Also, tried to throw a bullet to the same RB on an angle route (?) and I ended up leading him too far, causing him to stretch out for the ball but drop it.

This is a good thing, I really hope it's not as easy as I fear and just reading that makes me feel a little better. Like I said I can't wait to really give this thing a go tonight :D

No you don't, don't even go there Smooth. You need a PS3 and that's final! :nod:

psusnoop
06-06-2012, 09:32 AM
it wasnt a huge thing, but last night, when playing against oregon, yes they did go no-huddle on me, but it didnt look or feel right seeing the players do a little mini celebration after every play. when an oregon player goes down, he gets back up and immediately heads to the LOS. it didnt look quite right with all the little cut scenes in there, especially for a team that tries to play as fast as possible. again, its not a huge thing at all.

Teams that run the no huddle and such most times do not do that little mini celebration so I agree with you MVP I'd rather not see those with that kind of offense being run. Just throws the feel off on those games or styles better put.

SCClassof93
06-06-2012, 09:34 AM
This is a good thing, I really hope it's not as easy as I fear and just reading that makes me feel a little better. Like I said I can't wait to really give this thing a go tonight :D

No you don't, don't even go there Smooth. You need a PS3 and that's final! :nod:

So like me you are ready to trade being a day late on a demo for the ability to play blu-ray movies? :D

JSmith03
06-06-2012, 09:37 AM
Man, Baylor's RB is a BEAST. Running out o the shotgun is gonna be great this year, especially if you have a capable RB/OL. Also, just saw a pulling guard going upfield notice the CB coming at me from the side, and instead of ignoring him and continuing upfield, he comes back a little and blocks him. That was the difference between a 2 yard gain and having one man to beat for a (57 yard) TD. I don't think the OLineman did that too much last year.

Little Steve
06-06-2012, 10:04 AM

I saw some cool ones, but the CB swat ones are so much cooler.

cts
06-06-2012, 10:10 AM
After playing just a couple of games last night, I'm officially over the hurt feelings of having no RTP in this year. I think that they added just enough changes to the animations and movement to make the game feel fresh. Throwing on the move feels awesome, and like everyone else said, the new catching animations really add something.

I don't know if any of you guys know if they did or not, but the icing on the cake for me would be if they added a handful of new equipment items ... specifically a couple of the missing face masks.

I'm excited about 13 after playing the demo, and I still haven't even got to play around with the new dynasty features yet!

Kwizzy
06-06-2012, 10:14 AM
After playing just a couple of games last night, I'm officially over the hurt feelings of having no RTP in this year. I think that they added just enough changes to the animations and movement to make the game feel fresh. Throwing on the move feels awesome, and like everyone else said, the new catching animations really add something.

I don't know if any of you guys know if they did or not, but the icing on the cake for me would be if they added a handful of new equipment items ... specifically a couple of the missing face masks.

I'm excited about 13 after playing the demo, and I still haven't even got to play around with the new dynasty features yet!

If I remember correctly, they didn't sprend too much time on equipment this year. The art team had their hands full with new stadiums, stadium upgrades, etc...

cts
06-06-2012, 10:20 AM
If I remember correctly, they didn't sprend too much time on equipment this year. The art team had their hands full with new stadiums, stadium upgrades, etc...
That's understandable. I don't think there is too much missing from the equipment side, but it'd be nice to have at least the one major face mask that is missing.

Not much of a deal, though.

SmoothPancakes
06-06-2012, 10:21 AM
So like me you are ready to trade being a day late on a demo for the ability to play blu-ray movies? :D

That's what a blu-ray player is for. :P

AustinWolv
06-06-2012, 10:22 AM
Demo downloaded a bit slow for me last night, so it was midnight or so before I got to play. Not sure quite what to think given that the level is set low, but the game certainly plays a little quicker and more fluid, at least that is how it felt. The passing is pretty darn fun, but thankfully it seems like the DBs make natural plays on the ball. Seems like the running game was opened up by the DL not warping off of blocks to melt into a tackle. I too thought the blocking on punt returns was more organized and set up better. Doesn't mean you are going to break one all the time as coverage was solid at times, but definitely saw some windows and yardage opportunities that weren't there before.

The ticker on the bottom was a bit distracting for me as I found myself sneaking peeks quite often at scores going by. The studio updates didn't bother me, but they were a bit frequent.

As others have stated, dropping passes into some spots that you couldn't before is definitely noticeable, as it leading receivers away from defenders. On the flip side, one encouraging thing I saw was DBs making plays on balls consistently when they were in good coverage, especially downfield. It wasn't auto-INT or the stand-there-and-look-at-receiver-catch ball like in the past, but they were playing the receiver and then finding the ball either to jar it loose or break up the pass in the air.

tko27
06-06-2012, 10:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiE8UlKbxQM&feature=g-all-u

This was a great video, thanks for posting. I'm excited to get off of work tonight and finally be able to download this thing on my PS3.

Here are a few thoughts I had about this:

- What is with the missed OL block at the 3:34 mark? The DT gets into the backfield completely untouched while the OL is just standing there. Definitely an issue as you can see the OL turn around once he realizes he's supposed to block the guy.
- I have to agree with what some have said about INT's being too frequent. This could be a result of the varsity difficulty level but they just seemed a little too easy.
- I wish the commentary did a better job matching up the action/situation on the field. Too many times the comments make no sense in regards to what is actually happening on the field. I know this is being addressed in upcoming years but it still makes for a clunky feel to the presentation at times.
- I wish the CPU was a little smarter when it came to the clock and using their TO's. Too often they waste precious time with timeouts still available and lose potential scoring opportunities.
+ I love watching the RB's constantly churning their feet even after they run into traffic. Looks great and realistic.
+ The graphics and lighting look very good. Everything seems cleaner, smoother, and more fluid.
+ The passing game all around looks great. The different drop backs, throws, trajectories, catches, etc. the pass game seems to be improved in nearly all aspects.
+ The hook route at the 13:02 mark made me drool. The WR runs a 10 yard dig in between 3 defenders playing zone and yet he's able to find the open spot and sit between all of them without any of them magically knowing the route and getting to the spot first. Awesome.

Just my thoughts on this particular video. It's vids like this that get me very excited for July 10th.

psusnoop
06-06-2012, 10:26 AM
That's what a blu-ray player is for. :P

LOL that's why you need a PS3

SmoothPancakes
06-06-2012, 10:43 AM
LOL that's why you need a PS3

Nah, if I watch blu-rays, it's gonna be on a blu-ray player. I don't watch DVDs on my 360, so I wouldn't watch blu-rays on my PS3. For me, I use my game consoles solely for games, I'll watch DVDs and Blu-rays on a dedicated DVD or blu-ray player.

AustinWolv
06-06-2012, 10:48 AM
I have to agree with what some have said about INT's being too frequent. This could be a result of the varsity difficulty level but they just seemed a little too easy.
I played 3 games last night and didn't see a gluttony of them that others reported. It would not surprise me if people were making passes they shouldn't be, or least my hunch given my experiences playing others online that liked to abuse the crappy defensive AI of the NCAA series.

Kwizzy
06-06-2012, 10:55 AM
I played 3 games last night and didn't see a gluttony of them that others reported. It would not surprise me if people were making passes they shouldn't be, or least my hunch given my experiences playing others online that liked to abuse the crappy defensive AI of the NCAA series.

This ^. One thing we talked about at the CD was that people are going to have to take a bit of time before they are able to point out things that need fixed because the passing is so much more realistic now. At first, people are going to throw a lot of INTs because they are throwing to WRs that aren't (and should not be) looking.

JSmith03
06-06-2012, 10:59 AM

I second that. I've only JUST thrown my 3rd or 4th INT in about 6 games. It was an INT near the sideline too, I almost smiled before realizing I made a bad throw. That's what I like though, you WILL get punished if you try to abuse your freedom with placing balls. As much as you can fit the ball into spots, you can ALSO place a ball in the wrong spot. Gotta be judicious when passing the ball this year.

JSmith03
06-06-2012, 11:03 AM
Another thing - the QB avoidance pocket moves feel good. I haven't been in a situation to actually try to avoid a defender, but using it to step up in the pocket and then deliver a strike feels great.

JSmith03
06-06-2012, 11:10 AM
So, one of the coolest things I've seen in the game just happened, and I honestly wish I recorded it because I don't know if words will do it justice.

So, I'm USC and I'm dropping back for a screen. I threw the pass to the RB, but a DE was right behind him. Both ended up jumping for the ball as I left it a little high. What ended up happening was, the DE first played the ball and then tried to tackle him in midair, but when they both landed, I guess the DE slipped off of the RB, and I was able to recover and go in for the go-ahead score. If I could record I I would (hopefully it's the play of the game) but it looked cool to me. :cool:

AustinWolv
06-06-2012, 11:22 AM
Another thing - the QB avoidance pocket moves feel good. I haven't been in a situation to actually try to avoid a defender, but using it to step up in the pocket and then deliver a strike feels great.
I agree with this, as it didn't seem like I was getting sucked into DL animation and was able to find gaps or holes to fit through to buy time or to take off to run. Being able to step up to buy some time and throw fluidly on the move to a RB or a WR running a little drag or something looked really good and seemed very realistic versus chucking something downfield.

AustinWolv
06-06-2012, 11:25 AM
This ^. One thing we talked about at the CD was that people are going to have to take a bit of time before they are able to point out things that need fixed because the passing is so much more realistic now. At first, people are going to throw a lot of INTs because they are throwing to WRs that aren't (and should not be) looking.
:+1:

I'd throw in there that a lot of people don't even know the correct receiver to throw to based on the coverage.....they just would lob throws downfield using verts or would constantly throw high balls into coverage because they knew the AI defenders were just going to watch.

One of the reasons that I stopped playing online since watching guys just playing the NCAA video game and abusing the bad defensive play versus really playing the game of football just wasn't fun.

Treadstone6700
06-06-2012, 11:35 AM
Just threw the most rewarding interception of my life. Tried to challenge Baylor's impact player safety (#25 I believe) on a go route with my TE. Both my TE and the safety went up to get the ball but the safety cut just enough in front of him to get the pick. They both were at their peak with their hands up in the air the safety just had better positioning. Very cool.

I've had it a couple of times playing as a defender where I still feel like I'm in pursuit of a ballcarrier and I get warped into a block that in real life would have been whiffed on, still seems to suck me into that engaged block position more than it should.

tko27
06-06-2012, 12:05 PM
Any word on what time the PS3 demo will drop today? Has that already been announced and I just missed it?

gschwendt
06-06-2012, 12:25 PM
Any word on what time the PS3 demo will drop today? Has that already been announced and I just missed it?
On one of the EA blogs yesterday, it said 7pm ET. I've never before seen an official time on a Sony update but that's what we have to go by for now. I wouldn't be surprised for it to be earlier though.

Little Steve
06-06-2012, 12:37 PM
On one of the EA blogs yesterday, it said 7pm ET. I've never before seen an official time on a Sony update but that's what we have to go by for now. I wouldn't be surprised for it to be earlier though.

I <3 xbox

gschwendt
06-06-2012, 12:42 PM
I <3 xbox
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui7gL3PzG0U

Kwizzy
06-06-2012, 12:45 PM
:D:D :D

ram29jackson
06-06-2012, 12:50 PM
Nice little breakdown of a couple of things from Tradition Sports.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=um1amoAP0O8

2:21 I think his drag route possitivity is pretty weak..its a bad play all around..the defender is ahead and behind the receiver and morphs through him to block the pass... I might be missing something here or dont understand something that some football junky will counter me on..but I find that to be a bad thing

Kwizzy
06-06-2012, 12:56 PM
3:21 I think his drag route possitivity is pretty weak..its a bad play all around..the defender is ahead and behind the receiver and morphs through him to block the pass... I might be missing something here or dont understand something that some football junky will counter me on..but I find that to be a bad thing

Disagree, the animation may still not "blend" as nicely as we would like it to however, as he said, the DB was in perfect position to defend that route & did so.

JSmith03
06-06-2012, 01:02 PM
3:21 I think his drag route possitivity is pretty weak..its a bad play all around..the defender is ahead and behind the receiver and morphs through him to block the pass... I might be missing something here or dont understand something that some football junky will counter me on..but I find that to be a bad thing

He didn't "morph" through. The defender was always in front of him, but essentially running next to him. So the defender kind of dived in front of him to swat the ball. It wasn't perfect animation-wise like Kwizzy said, but the DB made a great play, and he was in the position to do so. Looked good to me, and it's good that DBs can make those type of plays now on the regular.

ram29jackson
06-06-2012, 01:03 PM
Disagree, the animation may still not "blend" as nicely as we would like it to however, as he said, the DB was in perfect position to defend that route & did so.

the defender is already too far ahead to the left of receiver on screen and behind him as well..how is that a good position to block a ball when you should be throwing at the WR,not way in front to the left where the defender already is...?

JSmith03
06-06-2012, 01:08 PM
the defender is already too far ahead to the left of receiver on screen and behind him as well..how is that a good position to block a ball when you should be throwing at the WR,not way in front to the left where the defender already is...?

You can't throw right at a moving target. That's common sense. If a WR is moving forward at a high speed, and you tried to throw right at him, the WR would overrun the ball. Now, he could've throw behind the WR for sure. The point is, in NCAA 12 the WR would've most likely did a speed burst forward to catch that ball, or the defender would've done the same thing. He simply made a bad throw and the game didn't bail him out. The defender made a play he was capable of making because he was ahead of the WR, meaning he had better position to get to where the ball was going.

cts
06-06-2012, 01:10 PM
My favorite play from last night was when I was playing as USC. I had Marqise Lee beat his man on a post route, with no safety over the top, so I had Barkley put that touch on it and lead him a little bit on it. At first it looked like it was going to be an overthrow, just slightly ... but Lee caught up to it and laid out to make the grab. It just looked and felt so organic that it was a bit of a 'Wow' moment for me.

I also saw a CPU WR lay out for one that he didn't pull in. Given that I hardly ever saw a diving catch attempt in 12, and I've seen two in two demo games played ... I like it.

Kwizzy
06-06-2012, 01:11 PM
^Exactly, the ideal place for a defender in man on a drag route is right where he was, step for step with him on the downfield side so he stays in front of you.

ram29jackson
06-06-2012, 01:12 PM
He didn't "morph" through. The defender was always in front of him, but essentially running next to him. So the defender kind of dived in front of him to swat the ball. It wasn't perfect animation-wise like Kwizzy said, but the DB made a great play, and he was in the position to do so. Looked good to me, and it's good that DBs can make those type of plays now on the regular.

even if he didnt morph through, he was still behind the WR ( he was in front to the left but still behind the receiver) why would a QB throw a ball leading to the receivers left moving direction way in front of him? he would/should be throwing to the receivers left shoulder and the defender shouldnt be in position for a play ( I am not turning into the guys who knock the game with ridiculous minutia, I am just saying what I think I see)

Kwizzy
06-06-2012, 01:15 PM
even if he didnt morph through, he was still behind the WR ( he was in front to the left but still behind the receiver) why would a QB throw a ball leading to the receivers left moving direction way in front of him? he would/should be throwing to the receivers left shoulder and the defender shouldnt be in position for a play ( I am not turning into the guys who knock the game with ridiculous minutia, I am just saying what I think I see)

The qb threw the ball exactly where you would on a drag route however, it was a bad read. The defender was playing that drag perfectly. If he wanted to hit a drag route he should have hit the first guy through, who's defender was trailing.

JSmith03
06-06-2012, 01:23 PM
Jeez, Bama's defense is LEGIT even on Varsity. Just lost my first game since playing, 14-6. Bama forced 3 INTs, and my running game was generally ineffective. Did have a couple big plays through the air though, but I could never really get anything going in the passing game. Bama seemed to get a legit pass rush, and I definitely felt uncomfortable in the pocket, which is the reason I hurried so many of my throws and ended up getting picked off 3 times.

The best part is, NONE of the moments felt cheesy. I felt like I was in a typical LSU/Bama slugfest. For the most part, yards on the ground were hard to come by and the better QB made the difference. I can only imagine how tough they'll be on All-Pro and Heisman, as well as other great defenses in the game.

Also, wanted to let you guys know (for those who care), in order to unlock Jim Plunkett, Tim Brown, and Herschel Walker, you gotta play as the three home teams. You may have to exit out of the DYNASTY mode (not the demo) after each game as well. Playing as the away team didn't unlock em for me.

ram29jackson
06-06-2012, 01:26 PM
You can't throw right at a moving target. That's common sense. If a WR is moving forward at a high speed, and you tried to throw right at him, the WR would overrun the ball. Now, he could've throw behind the WR for sure. The point is, in NCAA 12 the WR would've most likely did a speed burst forward to catch that ball, or the defender would've done the same thing. He simply made a bad throw and the game didn't bail him out. The defender made a play he was capable of making because he was ahead of the WR, meaning he had better position to get to where the ball was going.

:) i'm fully aware of physics dude, QBs can still throw at a moving target without throwing that far ahead or behind them though.

:) but I still say he morphed

JSmith03
06-06-2012, 01:28 PM
I think I'm gonna try to get some video of the top plays from games going forward if I can. Idk how I would upload them though. It would be from my phone but it seems to get good quality.

morsdraconis
06-06-2012, 01:35 PM
I think I'm gonna try to get some video of the top plays from games going forward if I can. Idk how I would upload them though. It would be from my phone but it seems to get good quality.

No offense man, but please don't. It's NOT good quality; it never is.

Kwizzy
06-06-2012, 01:35 PM
Can somone who has the demo do me a favor?
-Out of a dime or Nickel formation.
-Against a 3WR formation.
-Call a zone blitz where the nickel/dime back blitz.

What I want to know is:
-Say it's trips right(with a TE, slot, & another WR) & the nickel back is supposed to blitz from the left.
-Will the nickel come over to cover the slot WR giving his blitz assignment to the LB on the left side? OR
-does the Nickel stay on the left and blitz leaving the ROLB to line up over the WR? OR
-Does the Nickel move to the right side & blitz from there.

Basically, I'm trying to determine if blitz assignments transfer like zone assignments do within the new alignment system. If it doesn't transfer the blitz assignment you will have to flip the play evrytime otherwise it'll be a dead giveaway.

beartide06
06-06-2012, 01:47 PM
Can somone who has the demo do me a favor?
-Out of a dime or Nickel formation.
-Against a 3WR formation.
-Call a zone blitz where the nickel/dime back blitz.

What I want to know is:
-Say it's trips right(with a TE, slot, & another WR) & the nickel back is supposed to blitz from the left.
-Will the nickel come over to cover the slot WR giving his blitz assignment to the LB on the left side? OR
-does the Nickel stay on the left and blitz leaving the ROLB to line up over the WR? OR
-Does the Nickel move to the right side & blitz from there.

Basically, I'm trying to determine if blitz assignments transfer like zone assignments do within the new alignment system. If it doesn't transfer the blitz assignment you will have to flip the play evrytime otherwise it'll be a dead giveaway.

I'll go ahead and tell you now, I have done blitzes from these sets in this circumstance and I have not seen blitzing assignments change. The guy seems to stay in the same spot and blitz from that same spot. From what I can tell at least. I will search some more to double check, but I am pretty sure this is the case.

ram29jackson
06-06-2012, 01:49 PM
:) i'm fully aware of physics dude, QBs can still throw at a moving target without throwing that far ahead or behind them though.

:) but I still say he morphed

naw dude, not worth the time to obsess over it.
and you need to understand, even though i know the games are trying to mimic some of what really happens in football,its still just one dimensional AI logic and only does one thing at a time.

I'm amused by people who try to use real life examples to explain something when in real life there are way too many human/mental/physical reasons why something happened that AI cant account for or duplicate because at the end of the day its still just a video game. I just decided to belabor one thing I saw..but now i'm done and waiting for my ps3 demo like he rest :nod:

Deuce
06-06-2012, 01:54 PM
naw dude, not worth the time to obsess over it.
and you need to understand, even though i know the games are trying to mimic some of what really happens in football,its still just one dimensional AI logic and only does one thing at a time.

I'm amused by people who try to use real life examples to explain something when in real life there are way too many human/mental/physical reasons why something happened that AI cant account for or duplicate because at the end of the day its still just a video game. I just decided to belabor one thing I saw..but now i'm done and waiting for my ps3 demo like he rest :nod:

Ummm Ram. Are you talking to yourself? :D

Kwizzy
06-06-2012, 01:56 PM
I'll go ahead and tell you now, I have done blitzes from these sets in this circumstance and I have not seen blitzing assignments change. The guy seems to stay in the same spot and blitz from that same spot. From what I can tell at least. I will search some more to double check, but I am pretty sure this is the case.

Ok thanks, realistically you'd probably want to flip it anyway to keep the pressure on the strong side but it would be nice to have the option.