PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football 13 Not Using Infinity Engine (Real Time Physics)

gschwendt
06-04-2012, 04:30 PM
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8001/7338794044_0ac309f931_o.jpg
Today football gamers erupted in applause when it was unveiled that EA Sports would be using a physics engine called Infinity Engine in the upcoming Madden NFL 13. Speculation immediately began whether or not NCAA Football 13 would receive the same treatment. IGN has confirmed (http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/04/e3-2012-slow-your-role-in-ncaa-football-13s-heisman-mode) that NCAA Football 13 will not have the Infinity Engine.

NCAA is holding off on using Madden's new Infinity Engine until next year, which means this superior football franchise needs to use itself to its advantage if it wants to keep its edge sharp as ever.

You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?581-NCAA-Football-13-Not-Receiving-Infinity-Engine-(Real-Time-Physics)

Gotmadskillzson
06-04-2012, 04:37 PM
unacceptable.............I'm tired of the NCAA series being treated as the red headed step child.........1st Madden got expanded passer ratings......NCAA didn't ...........Madden got DPP and player traits.........NCAA didn't.......Now Madden get a brand new real time physics engine and NCAA doesn't..........It is almost like EA is slowly killing this series off.

beartide06
06-04-2012, 04:40 PM
Such a disappointment. To me, if Madden can introduce it without having time constraints, what would limit NCAA from introducing it? Is it just a market bias for Madden or is it something else? I truly hope this NCAA announcement we get is something good, otherwise people will bash NCAA this year. Like I said in a previous post, Madden will feel far superior to NCAA this year when transitioning back and forth from one game to the other. In fact, some gamers may not even pick up NCAA this year because of the drastic difference. I give this a :down:

Tarhead10
06-04-2012, 04:52 PM
unacceptable.............I'm tired of the NCAA series being treated as the red headed step child.........1st Madden got expanded passer ratings......NCAA didn't ...........Madden got DPP and player traits.........NCAA didn't.......Now Madden get a brand new real time physics engine and NCAA doesn't..........It is almost like EA is slowly killing this series off.

I have to agree 100%..... I just dont understand why the NCAA team feels it cant make better changes, but year after year Madden does.... I know they have a bigger budget, but this could have been implemented in NCAA...

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 05:05 PM
http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=ncaa+football+12

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=madden+nfl+12

Here is a start as to why RTP is in Madden and not in NCAA. MUCH more pressure to get it out and working for Madden as it is their 2nd biggest piece of the pie behind FIFA.

Little Steve
06-04-2012, 05:09 PM
aw titties

beartide06
06-04-2012, 05:12 PM

Here is a start as to why RTP is in Madden and not in NCAA. MUCH more pressure to get it out and working for Madden as it is their 2nd biggest piece of the pie behind FIFA.

Thanks for the links, sir. Yeah, that is a MASSIVE difference. Madden is clearly the more well-known product between the two, and it also is evident that it sells better.

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 05:13 PM

And thus why Madden has and will always have a much more massive budget than NCAA ever will, and why most stuff gets put into Madden first and then trickles down to NCAA.

Adibesee
06-04-2012, 05:26 PM
JB,

Your assessment is likely 100% correct, but my issue is with the continued un-necessary division EA creates when dealing with NCAA and Madden. I work for a Fortune 500 company and 100% understand the bottom line, suits and decisions that can be counter to what happens in the real world. With that said I don’t understand why they felt it necessary to separate these games in such a fundamental way. I love college football and play NCAA as much as my schedule allows. This used to be non-stop, and as I have aged and now have a family that time has diminished. To be honest I still find some joy in the game but as someone who normally owns both Madden and NCAA I think this may be the move that pushes me away from NCAA. (at least from a play when I have time perspective standpoint). In addition I will likely work to buy NCAA used.I don’t want this viewed as an attack on the developer. Trust me I realize they aren’t the decision makers, but that change in my purchase will at least make me feel better. The only way any company learns is when their bottom line is affected. I think their decision could push the needle in the direction for EA.

Deuce
06-04-2012, 05:28 PM
I think EA could have saved me some grief if they would have just come out and said this new feature would not be in NCAA. ...or at least let the GC's let people know that it would not be in NCAA. I think the frustrating part was hearing about and watching the new engine then 5 minutes later hearing that it would not be in NCAA. I'm over it and will still enjoy NCAA like I do every year but DAMN! :)

I think G mentioned this in another thread but there is the bug issue we still need to think about. Wasn't there some feature a few years back that was in Madden but not in NCAA? We all threw a fit but it turned out to be a blessing b/c the Madden feature was bug ridden. I hope the new engine works flawlessly for those people who love Madden. If it does, great. Will be even better next year. If it sucks then it will be better next year for NCAA! :nod:

beartide06
06-04-2012, 05:35 PM
I think EA could have saved me some grief if they would have just come out and said this new feature would not be in NCAA. ...or at least let the GC's let people know that it would not be in NCAA. I think the frustrating part was hearing about and watching the new engine then 5 minutes later hearing that it would not be in NCAA. I'm over it and will still enjoy NCAA like I do every year but DAMN! :)

I think G mentioned this in another thread but there is the bug issue we still need to think about. Wasn't there some feature a few years back that was in Madden but not in NCAA? We all threw a fit but it turned out to be a blessing b/c the Madden feature was bug ridden. I hope the new engine works flawlessly for those people who love Madden. If it does, great. Will be even better next year. If it sucks then it will be better next year for NCAA! :nod:

I am with you :up::nod:

gschwendt
06-04-2012, 05:39 PM
Here's a brief word from EA regarding NCAA & RTP:
http://kotaku.com/5915444/the-real-time-for-physics-is-now-says-madden

The elephant in the room is NCAA Football, which will get real-time physics next year, Weber said. It ships seven weeks before Madden does, and when the football group decided to go for it and bring physics to this year's game—Weber said he came into this year's game unsure if they would—it was too late to properly integrate with NCAA.

AustinWolv
06-04-2012, 05:42 PM
Booooo, for the fact that momentum and strength/size still aren't accounted for in NCAA......

MC1
06-04-2012, 05:47 PM
I don't understand:confused:

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 06:35 PM
I don't understand:confused:

Basically if RTP was in NCAA this year, it would be probably full of bugs. There wasn't proper development time to get it in this year.

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Basically if RTP was in NCAA this year, it would be probably full of bugs. There wasn't proper development time to get it in this year.

Which means basically there were two ways this would go.

The current way, where NCAA isn't getting it until NCAA 14 and everyone is bitching about it.

Or, the team tried to put it in NCAA 13, was forced to rush to get it in in time, ended up being full of bugs and probably REALLY DID make NCAA unplayable (not just people complaining about this or that little things in the gameplay like in the past, but completely fucking up the gameplay to the point of the entire game not being playable in any form) and then every single one of us would be sitting here in a month bitching and moaning 24/7 because EA fucked up NCAA by trying to rush and get something added to the game that was full of bugs and issues that completely made the game entirely unplayable.

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 07:12 PM
You'd probably get NCAA Backbreaker :D

ryby6969
06-04-2012, 07:17 PM
Which means basically there were two ways this would go.

The current way, where NCAA isn't getting it until NCAA 14 and everyone is bitching about it.

Or, the team tried to put it in NCAA 13, was forced to rush to get it in in time, ended up being full of bugs and probably REALLY DID make NCAA unplayable (not just people complaining about this or that little things in the gameplay like in the past, but completely fucking up the gameplay to the point of the entire game not being playable in any form) and then every single one of us would be sitting here in a month bitching and moaning 24/7 because EA fucked up NCAA by trying to rush and get something added to the game that was full of bugs and issues that completely made the game entirely unplayable.

This isn't true. They said in the podcast that the Madden team did not decide to use RTP in the game until the CD event in May. They had such a good response, the decided to roll with it. If this is the case, they had a plan to go on without it. NCAA could have done this also. I would have been fine with we were trying to get it in, but it would have been to buggy rather than we decided not to from the beginning.

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 07:18 PM
You'd probably get NCAA Backbreaker :D

:D That sounds about right. :D

Deuce
06-04-2012, 07:33 PM
So now they we know RTP is out what does everyone think the NCAA announcement is? My best guess is...I have no clue!?

JeffHCross
06-04-2012, 07:51 PM
I agree with the posts above. The fact that RTP isn't in NCAA is not, in itself, disappointing. The fact that I have to find that out via news and community websites is more of a sock in the gut.

To me, if Madden can introduce it without having time constraintsI'm not sure exactly what you mean by "time constraints", but shipping almost two months later is a huge difference in development time.

This isn't true. They said in the podcast that the Madden team did not decide to use RTP in the game until the CD event in May. They had such a good response, the decided to roll with it. If this is the case, they had a plan to go on without it. NCAA could have done this also.By the time the May CD event would have rolled around (basing this off of last year, I don't even know if there was a May event this year), the game would be about (this) close to going final. Bug fixes are difficult enough to get implemented in retail code in that time frame. No way can you roll out a feature, especially something as fundamentally game-changing as RTP, in that time frame. We're not talking NCAA Backbreaker level ... we're talking the potential for gameplay fundamentally broken level.

Even the May timeframe is probably a red herring. They might have "decided" to use it then, but it had to be well integrated by that point anyway. They certainly weren't starting from scratch at that point.

Now, could NCAA have made that decision ~mid-March? Maybe that's what you meant. Sure, they could have. But I'm guessing the reason Madden waited to "decide" until May was because it wasn't ready until May. Sometimes you have no choice.

I can't overstate how big a difference seven weeks makes in a development lifecycle. Most crucially here, you can still make mistakes when you have seven "extra" (compared to when another title is releasing) weeks in your pipeline.

Rudy
06-04-2012, 08:08 PM
NCAA also had 7 more weeks at the beginning of the cycle too. Do they just pick their noses for 2 months until the Madden team is ready? We get the same excuses every time Madden adds new things. It honestly feels like they put the JV team in charge of NCAA and they sit around until the Madden/shared gameplay team makes all the decisions and they pick 75% of them to try too. Each year they fall further behind.

steelerfan
06-04-2012, 08:24 PM
NCAA also had 7 more weeks at the beginning of the cycle too. Do they just pick their noses for 2 months until the Madden team is ready? We get the same excuses every time Madden adds new things. It honestly feels like they put the JV team in charge of NCAA and they sit around until the Madden/shared gameplay team makes all the decisions and they pick 75% of them to try too. Each year they fall further behind.

I understand the frustration, I'd love this to be in NCAA too. However, look at last year. NCAA got Custom Playbooks, just as Madden did. Madden has never had a full online Franchise, while ODs have been in NCAA for years. I don't think the broad brush you're using is completely fair, let alone completely accurate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 08:31 PM
NCAA may have 7 weeks ahead, also has 7 times less of a budget.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

JeffHCross
06-04-2012, 09:01 PM
NCAA also had 7 more weeks at the beginning of the cycle too. Do they just pick their noses for 2 months until the Madden team is ready?Okay, let's say that they started with this tech day 1 when NCAA 13 development started. Hell, let's say they've been working on it since NCAA 12 development started (I have no idea).

That still doesn't mean that the date it gets done moves. If it was done in May, NCAA couldn't have added it, while Madden could. Cam Weber said that he didn't expect either title to get RTP this year. That means that it's a surprise it's in either one. It means that if Madden released in July and NCAA released in August, NCAA would be more likely to have it than Madden. If it was done in mid-March, I bet both have it. But it wasn't. Them's the breaks.

ryby6969
06-04-2012, 09:10 PM
I agree with the posts above. The fact that RTP isn't in NCAA is not, in itself, disappointing. The fact that I have to find that out via news and community websites is more of a sock in the gut.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "time constraints", but shipping almost two months later is a huge difference in development time.
By the time the May CD event would have rolled around (basing this off of last year, I don't even know if there was a May event this year), the game would be about (this) close to going final. Bug fixes are difficult enough to get implemented in retail code in that time frame. No way can you roll out a feature, especially something as fundamentally game-changing as RTP, in that time frame. We're not talking NCAA Backbreaker level ... we're talking the potential for gameplay fundamentally broken level.

Even the May timeframe is probably a red herring. They might have "decided" to use it then, but it had to be well integrated by that point anyway. They certainly weren't starting from scratch at that point.

Now, could NCAA have made that decision ~mid-March? Maybe that's what you meant. Sure, they could have. But I'm guessing the reason Madden waited to "decide" until May was because it wasn't ready until May. Sometimes you have no choice.

I can't overstate how big a difference seven weeks makes in a development lifecycle. Most crucially here, you can still make mistakes when you have seven "extra" (compared to when another title is releasing) weeks in your pipeline.

What I am saying is it seems as though they have been working on this for some time now, and after letting the CD attendees try it in May decided it was okay to use in the final product. That means they said at the beginning of the dev cycle they were willing to at least TRY to get it in this year. If not, nobody would be upset because no one had a clue it existed. But to say they basically went in another direction is a slap in the face.

Also, I agree NCAA having OD's is huge for the series compared to what Madden has had. But in the last few cycles Madden has tried to add fundamental changes to the gameplay that the NCAA team has not.(different qb ratings, DPP, now physics)

ryby6969
06-04-2012, 09:12 PM
Okay, let's say that they started with this tech day 1 when NCAA 13 development started. Hell, let's say they've been working on it since NCAA 12 development started (I have no idea).

That still doesn't mean that the date it gets done moves. If it was done in May, NCAA couldn't have added it, while Madden could. Cam Weber said that he didn't expect either title to get RTP this year. That means that it's a surprise it's in either one. It means that if Madden released in July and NCAA released in August, NCAA would be more likely to have it than Madden. If it was done in mid-March, I bet both have it. But it wasn't. Them's the breaks.

The problem with that theory is that this whole idea of RTP was brought up a month or two ago during the Madden Presentation blog. There was video of RTP in it that was not supposed to be leaked so that means it was in fairly good working condition then.

JeffHCross
06-04-2012, 09:23 PM
The problem with that theory is that this whole idea of RTP was brought up a month or two ago during the Madden Presentation blog. There was video of RTP in it that was not supposed to be leaked so that means it was in fairly good working condition then.That's still late April. NCAA 12 went Alpha on March 11. I don't know when they went Beta (which begins when the software is "feature complete"), but it wouldn't have been late April. Madden probably was still Alpha when the Madden Presentation blog was shown.

Listen, I'm not trying to make excuses here. It still sucks to get the second-level of the feature set. But having a seven week earlier delivery date has an effect. That's all I'm trying to get at. And I even said that there's no way they didn't have it integrated in May, but that's when they "decided" (I guess that's the word) to go forward with it. Going by the timeline, the same decision would have needed to be made in mid-March for NCAA. Or earlier. I'm guessing, just guessing, that RTP was nowhere near final by then.

Dr Death
06-04-2012, 09:33 PM
Okay, let's say that they started with this tech day 1 when NCAA 13 development started. Hell, let's say they've been working on it since NCAA 12 development started (I have no idea).

I've been out of town - went to St Paul to see Roger Waters perform The Wall - and I am dead-ass tired and going to bed after I post this, but let me ask an obvious question... did anyone at EA give one thought to holding off on NCAA this year and releasing the game later to get RTP included???

Seems to me the community would be perfectly fine w/ a release date two months - or one month - later if this was going to be implemented and functioning properly. And being released in August would still be in time for the start of college football in real life. Why is July the deadline??? For f*ck's sake, I remember when Madden shipped in freakin' November!

Heading off to sleepy-ville now... :fp:

steelerfan
06-04-2012, 09:37 PM
I don't know the real answer, Dr. Death, but with Madden releasing in August and with NHL and FIFA in September (I don't know when NBA releases, surely it's around then), I doubt EA wants NCAA hitting the shelves in a time frame when they have so much competition - from within.

ram29jackson
06-04-2012, 09:40 PM
I've been out of town - went to St Paul to see Roger Waters perform The Wall - and I am dead-ass tired and going to bed after I post this, but let me ask an obvious question... did anyone at EA give one thought to holding off on NCAA this year and releasing the game later to get RTP included???

Seems to me the community would be perfectly fine w/ a release date two months - or one month - later if this was going to be implemented and functioning properly. And being released in August would still be in time for the start of college football in real life. Why is July the deadline??? For f*ck's sake, I remember when Madden shipped in freakin' November!

Heading off to sleepy-ville now... :fp:

:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU-OSLBKwG0&feature=related

Deuce
06-04-2012, 09:41 PM
I don't know the real answer, Dr. Death, but with Madden releasing in August and with NHL and FIFA in September (I don't know when NBA releases, surely it's around then), I doubt EA wants NCAA hitting the shelves in a time frame when they have so much competition - from within.

I think they have to release NCAA in early July. They have to separate it from Madden.

baseballplyrmvp
06-04-2012, 09:45 PM
I think they have to release NCAA in early July. They have to separate it from Madden.makes sense. if both football games came out in august, a lot of people would choose one and not the other. with ncaa releasing a month earlier, ea gets a lot of sales from people who buy ncaa, and later trade it in for madden.

steelerfan
06-04-2012, 09:47 PM
makes sense. if both football games came out in august, a lot of people would choose one and not the other. with ncaa releasing a month earlier, ea gets a lot of sales from people who buy ncaa, and later trade it in for madden.

Yep. Or from people who keep it after discovering they like it when they only bought it to get their football fix until Madden released.

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 09:48 PM

This basically breaks it down.

JeffHCross
06-04-2012, 09:50 PM
I've been out of town - went to St Paul to see Roger Waters perform The Wall - and I am dead-ass tired and going to bed after I post this, but let me ask an obvious question... did anyone at EA give one thought to holding off on NCAA this year and releasing the game later to get RTP included???It wouldn't work. The lost sales would be killer.

The hardcore community would deal with it (though "be perfectly fine" is a stretch), but the more casual players would leave it droves. And you could say bye-bye to at least 50% of the people that buy both. You'd be better off cancelling the game for a year, and that certainly wouldn't happen.

Madden's release date is a bad example :D It changed practically every two years until Madden '99. Since Madden '99, it's released in August except for one year.

NCAA was actually June from 1993-96, then August for 1997-98. It's been July every since. There's a reason for that.

baseballplyrmvp
06-04-2012, 10:24 PM
i just hope its made clear, that with rtp being confirmed for 14, the bar should be placed really high.

ryby6969
06-05-2012, 03:30 AM
That's still late April. NCAA 12 went Alpha on March 11. I don't know when they went Beta (which begins when the software is "feature complete"), but it wouldn't have been late April. Madden probably was still Alpha when the Madden Presentation blog was shown.

Listen, I'm not trying to make excuses here. It still sucks to get the second-level of the feature set. But having a seven week earlier delivery date has an effect. That's all I'm trying to get at. And I even said that there's no way they didn't have it integrated in May, but that's when they "decided" (I guess that's the word) to go forward with it. Going by the timeline, the same decision would have needed to be made in mid-March for NCAA. Or earlier. I'm guessing, just guessing, that RTP was nowhere near final by then.

You are not getting my point. The Madden team decided at the beginning of the cycle to try to get it in, but if not it would be no harm no foul because nobody had any idea what they were trying. The NCAA team decided they did not want to try this year. I am sorry, after the issues with the release of NCAA last year, they should have aimed for the stars. Now, I am not saying this is how it went down for sure, but from the sound of the podcast this is the case. In my eyes, that is unacceptable.

Rudy
06-05-2012, 03:41 AM
NCAA may have 7 weeks ahead, also has 7 times less of a budget.

This is exactly my point though. The NCAA team isn't leading any of the evolution in gameplay and never will because they are the red-headed step child. The Madden team is Wally and we get the Beaver. Resources, time, quality of developers, whatever - it feels the NCAA series is getting short changed. The last couple of years Madden has added ratings and features to gameplay that the NCAA team is not getting. It's just very frustrating.

I still remember the love I had for NCAA 06 and many thought the NCAA team did a better job than Madden with regards to gameplay on the PS2. I feel the exact opposite about the series right now and I don't want to. I'd rather be sucked into playing a college football dynasty, which has always been better than the Madden franchise mode, but I can't overlook some big things I'm missing in NCAA.

Rudy
06-05-2012, 03:44 AM
You are not getting my point. The Madden team decided at the beginning of the cycle to try to get it in, but if not it would be no harm no foul because nobody had any idea what they were trying. The NCAA team decided they did not want to try this year. I am sorry, after the issues with the release of NCAA last year, they should have aimed for the stars. Now, I am not saying this is how it went down for sure, but from the sound of the podcast this is the case. In my eyes, that is unacceptable.

Totally agree. I question the vision and direction of NCAA Football. Where is the pursuit of excellence? They seem scared to push the boundaries and really shake things up. They are content with doing small evolutionary steps and then borrow cool polished tech from Big Brother when it's available. Just frustrated.

oweb26
06-05-2012, 05:43 AM
As a general rule hasn't madden been getting things first for years? Im not sure I really get the surprise or even the anger when that has always been the case. Outside of a couple of features Madden has always gotten the features first and then brought over to NCAA until this generation where they started trying to do things at the same time which I think anyone with some sense can say if it was a problem in one it was a problem in another.

Rudy
06-05-2012, 05:53 AM
As a general rule hasn't madden been getting things first for years? Im not sure I really get the surprise or even the anger when that has always been the case. Outside of a couple of features Madden has always gotten the features first and then brought over to NCAA until this generation where they started trying to do things at the same time which I think anyone with some sense can say if it was a problem in one it was a problem in another.

You are correct but it just feels worse right now. I guess I'm just really disappointed.

oweb26
06-05-2012, 05:58 AM
You are correct but it just feels worse right now. I guess I'm just really disappointed.

aww rudy's feelings are hurt. :D You have been asking for this for quite sometime so I bet you fell like this.....:bang:

bvito4686
06-05-2012, 07:22 AM
WHEW! I was about to buy this pile of junk...

Looks like I won't be buying a product that is upgraded just slightly enough to force us into a purchase...

I will be going out and buying NCAA Football 04 and 06, where I can create my team, play a seamless game without glitches, and not waste my money for another year...

Fun, here I come, I'll miss OD but that was filled with glitches too....!

- VERY unsatisfied former customer

oweb26
06-05-2012, 07:30 AM
:fp::smh::bang::popcorn:

These in order so you know how I feel and where I know this thread is headed.

psusnoop
06-05-2012, 08:06 AM
WHEW! I was about to buy this pile of junk...

Looks like I won't be buying a product that is upgraded just slightly enough to force us into a purchase...

I will be going out and buying NCAA Football 04 and 06, where I can create my team, play a seamless game without glitches, and not waste my money for another year...

Fun, here I come, I'll miss OD but that was filled with glitches too....!

- VERY unsatisfied former customer

Fixed that up for you, I may be older but I'm not blind yet :up:

psusnoop
06-05-2012, 08:13 AM
LOL, ok folks line up here and we can all jump at once :D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjd7EXQ1jO0

Hahaha, just kidding. I have said it so many times before so I'm sticking to what I've said. Clean up 12 and add little things for 13 and I'll be happy with the direction of the game. Now, to be clear I'm disappointed that the infinity engine didn't make NCAA this year but like it has been laid out by many here it just didn't happen for many reasons. I think someone posted about thinking of it this way earlier in this thread, think of Madden and this as the Beta for us for next year.

Kwizzy
06-05-2012, 08:30 AM

I don't know that you've got this exactly right Ryby, & the difference might be important. I don't think that Madden made the choice to try to include it from the start. I think what happened went something like this:

-Independent "infinity" team is established to develop physics with the goal of implementation for the '14 titles. Completely seperate from the team(s) actively working on Madden & NCAA.

-At somepoint in the dev cycle for Madden & NCAA, it was realized that a form of their engine could be ready in time for Madden but that it would not be able to be incorporated to NCAA.

The difference between that timeline & yours is the conscious decision not to try to use it on NCAA's part. I don't think they made a decision, I think it simply wasn't feasible. Again, not saying it doesn't SUCK!

psusnoop
06-05-2012, 08:42 AM
I don't know that you've got this exactly right Ryby, & the difference might be important. I don't think that Madden made the choice to try to include it from the start. I think what happened went something like this:

-Independent "infinity" team is established to develop physics with the goal of implementation for the '14 titles. Completely seperate from the team(s) actively working on Madden & NCAA.

-At somepoint in the dev cycle for Madden & NCAA, it was realized that a form of their engine could be ready in time for Madden but that it would not be able to be incorporated to NCAA.

The difference between that timeline & yours is the conscious decision not to try to use it on NCAA's part. I don't think they made a decision, I think it simply wasn't feasible. Again, not saying it doesn't SUCK!

That's how I'm taking it all in as well Kwizzy right now the day after and letting things soak in a bit.

Deuce
06-05-2012, 08:48 AM
I've just put Madden 13 on my ignore list. Ignorance is bliss.

Watching video of madden then NCAA is too depressing. ;)

NatureBoy
06-05-2012, 08:53 AM
It would have been nice to have RTP in NCAA Football 13 but it's not the end of the world. Being a huge College Football fan, I know I will still enjoy it.

Deuce
06-05-2012, 08:54 AM
but it's not the end of the world.

Ummm, have you not visited the zombie thread? ;)

psusnoop
06-05-2012, 09:01 AM
It would have been nice to have RTP in NCAA Football 13 but it's not the end of the world. Being a huge College Football fan, I know I will still enjoy it.

I agree NatureBoy, I'm positive I'll still enjoy this game greatly. I'll also be really looking forward to 14 :clap:

Ummm, have you not visited the zombie thread? ;)

LMAO, If you haven't visited it you should :D

oweb26
06-05-2012, 09:27 AM
I've just put Madden 13 on my ignore list. Ignorance is bliss.

Watching video of madden then NCAA is too depressing. ;)

If its done correctly it might be depressing to see, but I am sure there will be little quirks that will drive people nuts, especially with EA track record.

CeeGee
06-05-2012, 09:30 AM
I was VERY Excited about all the changes the NCAA team has made from 12' to 13'

Not having Physics is a bumer, but, it doesn't change my excitement level for this game.

Kwizzy
06-05-2012, 09:55 AM
Something else I was just thinking about that I don't know if anyone has really mentioned. Yes it absolutely stinks that the RTP in Madden won't be in NCAA this year. That being said though, it's pretty exciting to know that EA is making a big commitment to integrating RTP into their titles. For years we've all been begging for this to happen & I find it comforting to know for sure now that those community wishes are being acted upon and will soon be a part of BOTH of these games. For instance, Rudy all of the things you have been talking about are now at least a possibility.

So I think once the shock & anger of it not being in '13 wears off a bit, you can start to get REALLY excited for where this tech could be for '14. Obviously this notion may hurt the sales of '13, and I think EA must realize this, but that really isn't my concern. Contrary to what some ppl will tell you, just because I'm a game changer, my concern with EA's sales is limited to the fact that I want the game to be great. I will still play & enjoy '13, as the feature set is pretty solid IMO. But I'm really starting to transform my inital disappointment into excitement for where this could lead us in next year's title.

psusnoop
06-05-2012, 09:55 AM
I was VERY Excited about all the changes the NCAA team has made from 12' to 13'

Not having Physics is a bummer, but, it doesn't change my excitement level for this game.

That pretty much how I feel as well.

psusnoop
06-05-2012, 09:57 AM
Something else I was just thinking about that I don't know if anyone has really mentioned. Yes it absolutely stinks that the RTP in Madden won't be in NCAA this year. That being said though, it's pretty exciting to know that EA is making a big commitment to integrating RTP into their titles. For years we've all been begging for this to happen & I find it comforting to know for sure now that those community wishes are being acted upon and will soon be a part of BOTH of these games. For instance, Rudy all of the things you have been talking about are now at least a possibility.

So I think once the shock & anger of it not being in '13 wears off a bit, you can start to get REALLY excited for where this tech could be for '14. Obviously this notion may hurt the sales of '13, and I think EA must realize this, but that really isn't my concern. Contrary to what some ppl will tell you, just because I'm a game changer, my concern with EA's sales is limited to the fact that I want the game to be great. I will still play & enjoy '13, as the feature set is pretty solid IMO. But I'm really starting to transform my inital disappointment into excitement for where this could lead us in next year's title.

http://images.wikia.com/glee/images/a/a7/CLAP.gif

will41
06-05-2012, 10:10 AM
So when are getting this ncaa news or was it already put out there and i missed it.

Deuce
06-05-2012, 10:12 AM
So when are getting this ncaa news or was it already put out there and i missed it.

Nothing yet...should be today sometime.

JBHuskers
06-05-2012, 11:03 AM

Demo this week is the news.

coogrfan
06-05-2012, 11:12 AM
I understand why people are frustrated by this, but if, Cam Weber stated, there wasn't sufficient time to add RTP to NCAA this time around then waiting until next year was both prudent and proper.

Kwizzy
06-05-2012, 11:23 AM
I understand why people are frustrated by this, but if, Cam Weber stated, there wasn't sufficient time to add RTP to NCAA this time around then waiting until next year was both prudent and proper.

:up:

cts
06-05-2012, 11:37 AM
I've lurked around this site for a long time, and have been around NCAA/Madden boards since the MM days (although I don't post nearly as much as I used to on there, on any board) ... and it always is a breath of fresh air to see the rationality displayed by this group.

That being said ... like the rest of you, it was like a sock in the gut yesterday after seeing the Madden reveal of RTP and NCAA not getting it. But at the end of the day, I'm okay with it. Just to know that EA is moving in the direction they are with Madden is nice to know, and it gives us something solid to look forward to with NCAA.

And like I said over at OS, I don't know if I'm more bummed about not having RTP in NCAA, or some of the elements of the CC. I would absolutely love for ratings to be based on a system in NCAA. Things like that would add so much to Dynasty mode.

xMrHitStickx904
06-05-2012, 11:39 AM
yeah, I'm not terribly disappointed by NCAA not having RTP. I've been consistent in saying that I need gameplay that isn't terribly glitchy or unrealistic. Adding RTP with less than enough time to tune & test it, would just fuel more of an outrage than there is by not putting it in. Besides, I buy Madden every year anyway. Therefore, the only thing I'm really concerned about is that will the difference between the two gameplay engines be so distant that it makes NCAA unplayable once Madden drops. If it isn't, that will almost defeat the purpose. If it is, that's great, but it'll suck because NCAA will never be played again until '14.

ram29jackson
06-05-2012, 01:52 PM
I've lurked around this site for a long time, and have been around NCAA/Madden boards since the MM days (although I don't post nearly as much as I used to on there, on any board) ... and it always is a breath of fresh air to see the rationality displayed by this group.

That being said ... like the rest of you, it was like a sock in the gut yesterday after seeing the Madden reveal of RTP and NCAA not getting it. But at the end of the day, I'm okay with it. Just to know that EA is moving in the direction they are with Madden is nice to know, and it gives us something solid to look forward to with NCAA.

And like I said over at OS, I don't know if I'm more bummed about not having RTP in NCAA, or some of the elements of the CC. I would absolutely love for ratings to be based on a system in NCAA. Things like that would add so much to Dynasty mode.

1st post = :+1:

Kwizzy
06-05-2012, 03:11 PM

Welcome (to posting anyway) and please do more often.

cts
06-05-2012, 03:36 PM
Welcome (to posting anyway) and please do more often.
Thanks, I appreciate it!

JeffHCross
06-05-2012, 07:28 PM
You are not getting my point. The Madden team decided at the beginning of the cycle to try to get it in, but if not it would be no harm no foul because nobody had any idea what they were trying. The NCAA team decided they did not want to try this year.I got your point. I just didn't think that's how it went down. You made an assumption (that they chose not to try to integrate it) that I did not. That's all man, otherwise we were on the same page.

souljahbill
06-06-2012, 07:30 AM
Meh. I can wait 'til '14. I'm content with NCAA 12.5 if they got rid of most of the bugs from '12.

Jayrah
06-07-2012, 02:27 AM
After playing the demo there is a lot more "momentum" than I expected so I'm pretty content moving on without RTP for this version. I am really excited for Madden though I gotta say. And I haven't really been excited for it for 3 years. It'll be really interesting to see the difference between the 2 when it comes to how I play them because of how much closer the gameplay additions are now.

Jayrah
06-07-2012, 02:28 AM

And like I said over at OS, I don't know if I'm more bummed about not having RTP in NCAA, or some of the elements of the CC. I would absolutely love for ratings to be based on a system in NCAA. Things like that would add so much to Dynasty mode.It's just like a Husky to "lurk" for a while.... Venoy Overton anybody :P Welcome to the site man! :)

cts
06-07-2012, 09:37 AM
It's just like a Husky to "lurk" for a while.... Venoy Overton anybody :P Welcome to the site man! :)
Pimpin', pimpin'.

steelerfan
06-07-2012, 12:54 PM

Please, don't mention socks! :P

Welcome to TGT, man. :nod:

ram29jackson
06-07-2012, 01:00 PM
Please, don't mention socks! :P

Welcome to TGT, man. :nod:

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt82/ram29jackson/funky_sock_ram29jackson.jpg

baseballplyrmvp
06-07-2012, 08:46 PM
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt82/ram29jackson/funky_sock_ram29jackson.jpgyou wearing those today or somethin?

beartide06
06-11-2012, 12:22 AM
After some more in depth about the Infinity engine and RTP, I have decided that I am not really disappointed that NCAA doesn't have it this year. I just have a feeling that this year, it is going to be buggy in Madden, and to be quite honest, I am going to absolutely love NCAA this year IF everything works correctly. That being said, I will gladly be patient enough to wait for the RTP to make it's way to NCAA next year when it has time to be smoothed out. :)