PDA

View Full Version : Need for Speed Most Wanted

cdj
06-01-2012, 11:28 AM
The next Need for Speed game from Criterion will have it's world premiere Monday.

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg194/scaled.php?tn=0&server=194&filename=797d.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

souljahbill
06-01-2012, 01:39 PM
Most Wanted is my favorite racing game EVAR!!! I LOVED that game!

JBHuskers
06-01-2012, 01:44 PM
Quit pumping out NFS's and give me Burnout Paradise 2!!!

cdj
06-11-2012, 09:35 PM
It makes sense for EA to call its new racing game Need for Speed: Most Wanted. It's spent multiple titles and a lot of money shoring up the Need for Speed brand on all kinds of platforms, and while the Most Wanted series (known for racing from an underground perspective) isn't the strongest, it's about time EA released another game bearing that title. And after the success with Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit in 2010, it's not surprising that Criterion's been given the task of making it.

But just a few seconds with this game reveals a deeper truth: This is really a secret message from Criterion to its fans, funneled through EA's branding channels. Need for Speed: Most Wanted is an open-world racer in a beautiful city. It's full of various events, environmental features to find, and a social backend that's full of information and ways to connect and compete with fellow players.

In other words, it's Burnout Paradise 2.

Courtesy: Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/11/need-for-speed-most-wanted-is-a-secret-return-to-paradise/)

JeffHCross
06-11-2012, 09:41 PM
I really think the NFS series does a disservice to itself with all the sub-brands under the NFS brand. I wasn't clear on the distinction between NFS:Most Wanted and NFS: Hot Pursuit, and that was made worse by the gameplay footage showing a ton of cops. After a little looking, I now remember the former game, but that adds too much complication to the brand, in my opinion. It's better than pumping out Hot Pursuit after Hot Pursuit, but it's still more complicated for the consumer than it needs to be.

souljahbill
06-11-2012, 09:45 PM
I didn't like the car handling in Hot Pursuit. If its tightened up a bit and the game feels like the last Most Wanted game, I'm in like Flynn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

morsdraconis
06-12-2012, 05:15 AM
It's going to play exactly like the Burnout Paradise games, which means it's going to suck. The handling on those games is terrible, to say the least.

souljahbill
06-12-2012, 06:51 AM
In Hot Pursuit, the cars had too much back end drifting for my taste. It was more tolerable in Burnout Paradise. It was perfect in the NFS: Underground/Most Wanted/Carbon days.

cdj
06-12-2012, 07:38 AM
It's going to play exactly like the Burnout Paradise games, which means it's going to suck. The handling on those games is terrible, to say the least.

Which racing/driving games do you think have good/great handling?

It's funny, I am not a huge racing fan (I'm either OK or horrible at them, no in-between - typically due to how well I can drive/handle cars) but I loved Burnout Paradise. Hot Pursuit was OK, The Run was OK...Of the games listed, BP was the game where I could actually drive the cars most effectively. I tried playing Shift: Unleashed 2 a few weeks back and didn't get past the opening race due to (what I perceive as) the (IMO horrible) handling.

morsdraconis
06-12-2012, 08:13 AM
Which racing/driving games do you think have good/great handling?

Forza Motorsport 2, 3, and 4 were the most realistic driving games on the market. Burnout, NFS, and etc are arcade racers where the handling is just crap because it's too easy. Those games are more about sliding around turns and less about braking and proper driving techniques.

cdj
06-12-2012, 08:35 AM
Forza Motorsport 2, 3, and 4 were the most realistic driving games on the market. Burnout, NFS, and etc are arcade racers where the handling is just crap because it's too easy. Those games are more about sliding around turns and less about braking and proper driving techniques.

OK, I understand you now. I haven't played the Forza games, but I'm poor at racing games so I have to have it be at least somewhat arcade to be playable. I can see why there is such a divide and passion among fans of the genre. Too realistic and you turn off the masses, too arcade and you lose the game's base.

souljahbill
06-12-2012, 09:02 AM

Eww. I hate sim racing games.

morsdraconis
06-12-2012, 10:03 AM
Eww. I hate sim racing games.

I don't like racing games that much, in general, but, if I'm going to play one, it's going to be the most realistic version of racing I can get and, right now, that's Forza Motorsport.

JBHuskers
06-12-2012, 10:28 AM
I like both sides of the coin. Absolutely loved Burnout Paradise and Hot Pursuit. But I'm a BIG fan of the Gran Turismo series too. I have Forza 2 & 3 that I got dirt cheap but have never gotten into them quite yet.

JBHuskers
06-12-2012, 02:58 PM
In other words, it's Burnout Paradise 2.

Courtesy: Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/11/need-for-speed-most-wanted-is-a-secret-return-to-paradise/)

But yeah...this sentence has definitely gotten my attention :)

Tarhead10
06-12-2012, 04:58 PM
I sure hope its better than NFS the run.... I really liked Hot Pursuit, but the run was terribe to me....

JBHuskers
06-12-2012, 05:39 PM
I sure hope its better than NFS the run.... I really liked Hot Pursuit, but the run was terribe to me....

Well they're different companies. EA Black Box made The Run, EA Criterion is making Most Wanted.

Kinda like Activision makes Modern Warfare, and Treyarch makes Black Ops.

cdj
06-29-2012, 08:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FwoLUZ6R5A

souljahbill
06-29-2012, 09:20 AM
PLEASE don't control like Hot Pursuit. I want this so bad but if it controls like Hot Pursuit (too much ass-drift in the cars), this will be one my biggest disappointments in gaming.

cdj
08-02-2012, 03:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP-XGxdtJJg

cdj
08-10-2012, 05:28 PM
Multiplayer Teaser Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95Wuwx0UOEg&feature=g-all-u

cdj
09-27-2012, 11:26 PM
Single-player Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo4lBb112GE

cdj
10-04-2012, 03:30 PM
GTTV Tonight, Criterion Games will reveal velocious new gameplay from Need for Speed Most Wanted. (https://twitter.com/GameTrailers/status/253953914565713922)

cdj
10-11-2012, 10:39 PM
Multiplayer Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gii9Z5yO44&feature=g-all-u

cdj
10-26-2012, 11:59 AM
Launch Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpGS1K9mLPQ

JBHuskers
10-26-2012, 12:08 PM
Want!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

NatureBoy
11-16-2012, 10:14 PM
Has anyone played this yet? It's going to be 25 bucks at Wal-Mart on Thanksgiving night. I have thought about picking it up. From everything I have read, there seems to be no middle ground on this game. People either love to death or hate it with a passion.

cdj
11-16-2012, 10:23 PM
I'm going to pick it up soon on PS3.

To me, the demo seemed a lot like the most recent Need for Speed games combined with Burnout Paradise. I like each franchise, but BP slightly more.

psusnoop
11-16-2012, 11:45 PM

To me, the demo seemed a lot like the most recent Need for Speed games combined with Burnout Paradise. I like each franchise, but BP slightly more.

I'm going to be picking it up too. Can't wait to get my hands on this.

oweb26
11-17-2012, 12:57 AM
Has anyone played this yet? It's going to be 25 bucks at Wal-Mart on Thanksgiving night. I have thought about picking it up. From everything I have read, there seems to be no middle ground on this game. People either love to death or hate it with a passion.

I have it and played for about 8 hrs so far what do you want to know about it?

oweb26
11-17-2012, 01:02 AM

That is exactly what it is. I think its a pretty good game.

gschwendt
11-17-2012, 08:08 AM
I think it leans more to Need for Speed than burnout. About the only thing it took from BP was the open world. I much prefer BP over NFS.

oweb26
11-17-2012, 09:42 AM
it takes the crashes from Burnout, and the open world, but yeah it does take the cops from NFS, I think its a pretty good mix. I think it needs some more car customization but other than that a pretty solid title.

I need some muscle car DLC action to hurry up. lol.

NatureBoy
11-17-2012, 11:35 AM
I have it and played for about 8 hrs so far what do you want to know about it?

I have been hearing the the controls are insanely difficult. I also heard that some events are frustratingly hard. Is any of this true? Thanks.

gschwendt
11-17-2012, 11:42 AM
I have been hearing the the controls are insanely difficult. I also heard that some events are frustratingly hard. Is any of this true? Thanks.
I've already beaten it, albeit I was playing on PC. It wasn't THAT difficult... the driving is different to get used to but then again I'm more of an arcade racer and this is probably closer to a realistic racer (though not nearly GT5 level). That said, once I learned how to throttle the gas when I'm trying to make a tight turn, it became a lot easier. That and it also matters a lot what car you have... some don't handle nearly as well and it's noticeable.

My biggest issue is that there are three levels of tasks to unlock equipment for each car. Once you get to the hard tasks, the rubber band AI is extremely noticeable and annoying, but not so bad that it's impossible to beat. All in all, I had fun with the game, but not nearly as much as Burnout Paradise.

All that said, the demo for this game hit both stores this past week. I'd certainly give it a shot.

oweb26
11-17-2012, 02:32 PM

I don't know about insanely difficult, they take some getting use to, but I figured FORZA controls and handling are by far harder to grasp. I have gotten to a point where I can drift like crazy, but its not that difficult, some of the races will piss you off bt what I figured out is sometimes its just a matter of playing a different race first to unlock something and it makes the other race alot easier.

I still struggle with losing the cops once I get to a level 5 or 6.

gschwendt
11-17-2012, 02:36 PM
I still struggle with losing the cops once I get to a level 5 or 6.
Yeah, the cops cheat, especially at the higher levels.

NatureBoy
11-17-2012, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the info G and oweb. I didn't know the demo was out. I looked for it was week and didn't see it. I will download it later tonight and give it a spin.

NatureBoy
11-18-2012, 09:24 PM
:up: A big thanks to gschwendt for saving me 25 bucks. I downloaded the demo last night and played around with it for awhile. The game is fun but I couldn't see myself spending enough time with it to justify buying it.

Escobar
12-01-2012, 06:58 PM
I am really liking this game. Haven't played a Need for Speed game this consistently since Most Wanted on the PS2, and it has the same feel as that game. Whoever designed the pre-race intros had to be on something, because they are trippy as fuuuuu...

oweb26
12-01-2012, 07:23 PM
I personally like the game but at the same time I like the options that forza allows. I am not quite sure on which I enjoy more< I enjoy them for different reasons, but I will say forza has some of the same elements that NFS has just a little geared more towards arcade than sim racing.

cdj
12-07-2012, 08:30 PM
No surprise, but DLC en route for NFS MW (http://www.joystiq.com/2012/12/05/need-for-speed-most-wanted-dlc-goes-for-ultimate-speed-dec-18/).

Need for Speed: Most Wanted gets some new cars and events this month. A press release from EA's UK branch pulls back the tarp on the Ultimate Speed pack, a collection of new cars – the Pagani Zonda R, McLaren F1LM, Lamborghini Aventador J and Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse – and 25 new events to conquer. There's also a new Most Wanted car to take down and own, the Hennessey Venom GT Spyder.

The Ultimate Speed pack will be available for download on December 18 in the UK, for 800 MS Points ($10) through Xbox Live, PlayStation Network and Origin. There is no specific announcement for North America yet; however, most of the time DLC launches worldwide so it's safe to assume we'll get the goods on December 18, too.