PDA

View Full Version : E3 2012 - Schedule & Discussion

cdj
05-31-2012, 08:36 PM
* Microsoft, Nintendo, and EA press conferences will be broadcasted on Spike TV *

Spike TV and GameTrailers TV are the best resource for E3 coverage.

Schedule (all times Eastern):

Friday, June 1

1:00-1:30AM

GTTV kicks off E3 a few days early again this year, featuring many world exclusive trailers, reveals, and game announcements that you simply can't miss.

Monday, June 4
11:30-Noon

E3 All Access Live kickoff with exclusive trailers and demos. (Stream)

Noon-12:30

E3 All Access Live Xbox Entertainment Evolved pre-show. (Spike TV/Stream)

12:30-2:00PM

Xbox Entertainment Evolved Commercial-Free (Spike TV/Stream)

2:00-4:00PM

E3 All-Access Live with exclusive game demos and interviews, EA 2012 preview. (Spike TV/Stream)

4:00-5:00PM

The Download: EA 2012 Preview Commercial-Free (Spike TV/Stream)

5:00-5:30PM

E3 All-Access Live continues with more exclusive demos, trailers, and interviews. (Spike TV/Stream)

5:30-6:00PM

E3 All-Access Live Ubisoft press conference preview and more exclusive demos, trailers, and interviews. (Stream)

6:00-7:15PM

Ubisoft Press Briefing (Stream)

7:15-9:00PM

E3 All Access Live continues with Ubisoft analysis, a Sony preview, and more exclusive demos and interviews. (Stream)

9:00-10:00PM

Sony Press Briefing (Stream)

10:00-11:00PM

E3 All Access Live prime time with Sony analysis, game announcements, and our biggest exclusive demos and trailers. (Spike TV/Stream)

Tuesday, June 5

11:30-Noon

E3 All Access Live with Nintendo preview and more exclusive demos and trailers. (Spike TV, Stream)

Noon-1:00PM

Nintendo All Access Presentation at E3 2012 Commercial-Free (Spike TV, Stream)

1:00-4:00PM

E3 All Access Live finishes off E3 2012 on Spike TV with Nintendo analysis, the first interview with Reggie Fils-Aime, and even more exclusive demos, trailers, and interviews.

4:00-6:00PM

E3 All Access Live continues online and finishes off E3 2012 with one last massive rush of exclusive demos and interviews.

June 5-7

Exhaustive, around-the-clock coverage continues on GameTrailers.com and SideMission.com with nightly episodes of Invisible Walls, multiple episodes of our popular First Take segments, the hottest breaking news, and hundreds of new trailers, walkthroughs, interviews, and gameplay edits posted each day.

June 15

GameTrailers Best of E3 2012 Awards

The GameTrailers editorial staff picks nominees and winners in dozens of categories for the best and brightest of E3 2012.

JeffHCross
05-31-2012, 10:07 PM
Three years ago, I was in a position where I could legitimately watch all the E3 coverage and call it work-related. I miss that job ... but only for this week. The rest of that job was ... lacking in productivity.

SmoothPancakes
05-31-2012, 10:14 PM
Damn, why couldn't they have put Nintendo on Thursday? I'm sitting in studio and on air from 8am to 2pm next Thursday (and with other stuff to do afterward, probably won't even get home from work until probably 6pm or 7pm), watching anything E3 is pretty much completely out for me unless I manage to keep the stream going on the studio computer and watch it when not on air.

One good thing will be that I'll be the only one pretty much in the entire building as everyone else will be out at the park for the community event that our station is putting on, so I could probably get away with having the webstream going the entire time. Only issue would be if it would impact the Clear Channel network and servers too much, which would probably piss off our IT guy up in Toledo and result in a phone call or email from him if he was able to determine exactly where the slow down was coming from and who was causing it, which he would be able to.

souljahbill
05-31-2012, 11:22 PM
I was at E3 2 years ago (or was it 3). It was the year Nintendo showed off the 3DS for the 1st time. I remember the Lakers were playing the Celtics for the NBA championship at that time too. I remember playing Dance Central and getting a look at Rock Band 3 behind closed doors. Oh, and I remember looking at X-Com behind closed doors too. Its funny that it still hasn't come out yet. Back then, I rembember saying that X-Com was just BioShock above ground. Apparently the developers thought so too and redid everything. The surprise game of the show for me was Ghost Trick on the DS. I ended up eventually getting the iPhone version. Anyway, E3 is awesome if you ever get a chance to go.

JBHuskers
05-31-2012, 11:37 PM
...and G4 has now officially turned into Spike TV and Spike TV has turned more into G4.

cdj
06-01-2012, 12:30 AM
Friday's GTTV had trailers for:

Star Wars 1313 - TBA
Guardians of Middle-Earth - TBA
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - 2013
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 - 2013
Dishonored - October 9, 2012
Tomb Raider - March 5, 2013

JBHuskers
06-01-2012, 12:35 AM
Just watched GTTV, and DAMN Dishonored and Tomb Raider look AMAZING. Definitely check the trailers out later today.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

souljahbill
06-01-2012, 01:41 AM
I've always been a HUGE Tomb Raider fan. I played and beat the 1st 3. Never played the Dreamcast or the PS2 games but I own and beat Legends and Anniversary (still need to get Underworld or whatever its called). Its definitely my most anticipated game of 2013.

JeffHCross
06-01-2012, 07:15 PM
Ars Technica is going to use this page (http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/06/pre-e3-liveblog-ea-press-conference/) for their live blog during EA's pre-E3 Press Conference. Since I can't get to practically any gaming news sites from work, but I can get to Ars Technica ... :easy:

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 12:02 PM
NBA Broadband coming to XBOX :))

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 12:06 PM
Xbox is truly the new sports home. NBA Gametime, NHL Gamecenter, and live 24/7 ESPN programming in HD (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3 and ESPNU) via "WatchESPN". All in addition to MLB.tv and UCF on Xbox both already active on Live. :drool:

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 12:08 PM
Xbox is truly the new sports home. NBA Gametime, NHL Gamecenter, and live 24/7 ESPN programming in HD (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3 and ESPNU) via "WatchESPN". All in addition to MLB.tv and UCF on Xbox both already active on Live. :drool:

All that's missing is NFL. Unfortunately Time Warner and M$ have yet to come to an agreement, so I can't watch ESPN on my XBOX yet :fp:

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 12:13 PM
As for game previews, I'm looking forward to Halo 4.

I have to be honest, Kinect on FIFA looks damn interesting, being able to make substitutions and change formations on the fly without pausing the game, as well as the game recognizing how you react if you get called for offside or a foul or something (get hit with a yellow card for cursing at the game perhaps? :D) by having your player in game react aggressive or upset/hostile and such depending on your reaction.

Madden, I'm not convinced about Kinect in that. Took a second or two delay for the game to even recognize the commands Joe Montana gave it.

Also, would they please kill that damn Fable: The Journey game. :fp: That thing looked like a pile of shit at E3 LAST year, and then they come back with yet another shitty looking trailer for it this year. The game got ripped to hell last year, just trash it already and go back to a normal Fable game.

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 12:15 PM
All that's missing is NFL. Unfortunately Time Warner and M$ have yet to come to an agreement, so I can't watch ESPN on my XBOX yet :fp:

I was able to somehow get ESPN validated on my Xbox last summer when they had a site go live (apparently by accident) for a day or two for TWC customers. Got my code from it, got full access, and still have full access to this day. Somebody realized there was a fuck up because that website was dead and redirected you back to the "Sorry, we're working hard, blah, blah, blah" website within 24 hours.

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 12:18 PM
Xbox SmartGlass, not sure about this. Looks interesting, but seems very niche.

In a related announcement to SmartGlass/Kinect, Internet Explorer is coming to Xbox Live this year.

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 12:20 PM
Xbox SmartGlass, not sure about this. Looks interesting, but seems very niche.

In a related announcement to SmartGlass/Kinect, Internet Explorer is coming to Xbox Live this year.

There IS such a thing as too much information.

Also, it took THIS long for Internet Exploder to get on the 360?

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 12:23 PM
Man, Tomb Raider looks BADASS.

gschwendt
06-04-2012, 12:23 PM
I bet Sony does something similar to Smart Glass, either with a tablet or possibly with the Vita. Not necessarily this year but if it's successful in top tier titles (ala Madden), then they would almost have to. As well, generally EA Sports doesn't want to develop features that will only be accessible on one console, that is unless MS paid them a chunk of change to do so.

All that said, I pretty much predicted the Madden scenario last year during the WiiU unveil... it's basically a "free" WiiU controller that you don't have to purchase from MS.

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 12:29 PM
There IS such a thing as too much information.

Also, it took THIS long for Internet Exploder to get on the 360?

Yep. My question is, how is IE going to be usable for those without SmartGlass or Kinect? Will you be able to plug in a USB keyboard alongside your controller?

Second, unless Microsoft is saving the unveil of the nextgen Xbox console for the very end of this presser, it's beginning to look like winter 2013 will be the absolute earliest we'd see a new Xbox console, probably not until 2014.

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 12:31 PM
I bet Sony does something similar to Smart Glass, either with a tablet or possibly with the Vita. Not necessarily this year but if it's successful in top tier titles (ala Madden), then they would almost have to. As well, generally EA Sports doesn't want to develop features that will only be accessible on one console, that is unless MS paid them a chunk of change to do so.

All that said, I pretty much predicted the Madden scenario last year during the WiiU unveil... it's basically a "free" WiiU controller that you don't have to purchase from MS.

Someone on the arstechnica live blog made a comment about the WiiU/360 comparison.

Comment: "Tablet/smartphone integration means xbox360 will have all the cool functionality of WiiU. Chekmate!"

gschwendt
06-04-2012, 12:39 PM
Angry BirdsWreckateer on Kinect

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 12:40 PM
:D :D :D from the live chat during this chick from XBLA...

"Tits or GTFO"

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 12:41 PM
That game does look pretty fun even though it's pretty much Angry Birds.

gschwendt
06-04-2012, 12:41 PM
Have to say, the South Park game does look at least interesting... not a huge SP fan but watch it most weeks and enjoy Parker & Stone.

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 12:43 PM
:D Parker & Stone taking a light jab at Smart Glass.

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 12:44 PM
I may have been giving SmartGlass too little credit. A commenter on arstechnica made a good point.

Commenters are loving SmartGlass: "In one 10 minute segment, xbox smart glass rendered Nintendo's Wii U irrelevant"

While I don't really need or care for all the information stuff like they were showing during the movie segment of the SmartGlass presentation, it really does basically turn into the "free WiiU controller" without having to buy it from MS like G said. At first when they first started the presentation for it, I was thinking "instant bomb", but after thinking about it for a bit and looking at the whole picture, it could be a pretty interesting thing.

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 12:46 PM
Here you go Smooth, you can finally learn how to Dougie!

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 12:47 PM
Here you go Smooth, you can finally learn how to Dougie!

FUCK YES! I can't wait! :D :D :D

gschwendt
06-04-2012, 12:48 PM
Can't believe they dedicated that much time to Usher to a room full of sausage.

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 12:51 PM

There's probably some of that sausage that flops the other way.

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 12:54 PM
The visual of LA getting blown the fuck up in Black Ops 2 is pretty sweet.

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 12:56 PM

:D

As for E3, MS wrapping up their presser with COD Black Ops 2. Still not impressed. Didn't care for it when I saw the first trailer, and still don't care for it after watching this. First COD game that I will have not bought since I first got into the series with COD4. I'll stick with Ghost Recon: Future Soldier.

gschwendt
06-04-2012, 12:56 PM
I gotta say, all in all, this was a pretty lackluster press conference. Nothing that just said "hey, you need to get a 360"... there have been things in the past that have at least given me interest in but nothing is a "gotta have".

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 12:57 PM
Eh, my level went from not interested to mildly after watching this. Looks pretty sweet, but probably not a day 1 buy like MW3 was.

Little Steve
06-04-2012, 12:58 PM
Black ops 2! OMG can't wait for f'n zoombies!!!

Little Steve
06-04-2012, 01:00 PM
o hell no i get to fly a jet!!!

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 01:00 PM
Eh, my level went from not interested to mildly after watching this. Looks pretty sweet, but probably not a day 1 buy like MW3 was.

I may pick it up next spring or summer for cheap, but definitely not even considering it for day one buy. I'd buy it for the singleplayer and co-op and that'd be about it. I already haven't cared for COD multiplayer since MW2. Stopped playing MP on that in July of that year. Never played MP on Black Ops. Played MP on MW3 through about January or February before finally saying fuck it and walking away from it.

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 01:02 PM
Getting hardcore buffering now :fp:

Little Steve
06-04-2012, 01:03 PM
I may pick it up next spring or summer for cheap, but definitely not even considering it for day one buy. I'd buy it for the singleplayer and co-op and that'd be about it. I already haven't cared for COD multiplayer since MW2. Stopped playing MP on that in July of that year. Never played MP on Black Ops. Played MP on MW3 through about January or February before finally saying fuck it and walking away from it.

I did not no older people play cod... thought it was just little kids and the older kids lost once they go to college...

Little Steve
06-04-2012, 01:07 PM
Any GTA5?

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 01:09 PM
Any GTA5?

Not yet. The Microsoft press conference is all that's happened so far for the week.

ram29jackson
06-04-2012, 01:10 PM
anyone know whats on right now ?

gschwendt
06-04-2012, 01:13 PM
Rockstar said no information on GTA5 at E3. Obviously they may release something on their own this week (to put the spotlight on themselves), but it won't be part of any official E3 presser.

gschwendt
06-04-2012, 01:13 PM
anyone know whats on right now ?A commercial for The General car insurance.

From now until 3pm CT it will just be general interviews, trailers, etc. No dedicated pressers until EA at 3pm CT. There's a schedule on the first page of this thread.

Kwizzy
06-04-2012, 01:19 PM
I have been considering picking up a 360 if only for the live streaming sports stuff. My question would be, do you guys think it's worth it or should I just wait for the next gen.

ram29jackson
06-04-2012, 01:24 PM
A commercial for The General car insurance.

From now until 3pm CT it will just be general interviews, trailers, etc. No dedicated pressers until EA at 3pm CT. There's a schedule on the first page of this thread.

veeeeeeryyy fuuuunnnnyyyy Mr funnyman veeerrrryyy fuuunnnyyy :)

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 01:32 PM
A commercial for The General car insurance.

I wonder who the hell actually gets insurance from The General :D

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 01:33 PM
360 was smart to allow Smartglass on Apple and Android devices, not just shitty Windows Phone.

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 01:36 PM
Right now Spike is showing some Gameplay reveals. This new Transformers game looks interesting. Never have played a current gen Transformers game.

psuexv
06-04-2012, 01:37 PM
360 was smart to allow Smartglass on Apple and Android devices, not just shitty Windows Phone.

It would have never survived on just Windows.

It should be interesting. I used the "follow along" feature during one episode of TWD on AMC's website and it was kind of cool. The problem was I spent to much too much time not paying attention to the TV

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 01:39 PM
It would have never survived on just Windows.

It should be interesting. I used the "follow along" feature during one episode of TWD on AMC's website and it was kind of cool. The problem was I spent to much too much time not paying attention to the TV

Yeah that's why I said there is such a thing as too much information. The NFL, particularly Sunday and Monday Night Football started doing those things a couple years ago...it's just too much to follow.

psuexv
06-04-2012, 01:39 PM
And I did want to put this out there. If TGT wants to send someone to E3 next year for live coverage I would be more than happy to go. :)

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 01:40 PM
And I did want to put this out there. If TGT wants to send someone to E3 next year for live coverage I would be more than happy to go. :)

If TGT sends someone to E3, it would be the someones that run TGT :D I don't think any of us have ever gone.

psuexv
06-04-2012, 01:40 PM
Yeah that's why I said there is such a thing as too much information. The NFL, particularly Sunday and Monday Night Football started doing those things a couple years ago...it's just too much to follow.

Yep, even with the create a play on the fly thing they pro-typed with Madden. I don't really want to be looking down at my tablet when the playclock is ticking down.

psuexv
06-04-2012, 01:41 PM
If TGT sends someone to E3, it would be the someones that run TGT :D I don't think any of us have ever gone.

Well I'm just saying that since most you take time off of work to go to the CDs. I would use some of my precious vacation time at work for the good of TGT. :)

gschwendt
06-04-2012, 01:43 PM
I'd go to E3, but it's not on my bucket list. Too much going on and not interested in waiting in line for 30 minutes to get a 5 minute demo of a game that won't be released for another 6 months or more.

Kwizzy
06-04-2012, 01:44 PM
Well I'm just saying that since most you take time off of work to go to the CDs. I would use some of my precious vacation time at work for the good of TGT. :)

I'm sure the "big guns" (yeah that's a shot at you CDJ) of TGT would be more than happy to feature your content if you wanna pay your way! :D

I OU a Beatn
06-04-2012, 01:45 PM

Very smart, because EVERYONE who has a 360 has either a phone or a tablet of some kind. That means no one is going to have to go out and buy something to get it to work. I've seen it mentioned on other sites, but Smart Glass is apparently just laying the groundwork for Microsoft's real intention...stream actual games to any tablet/phone and play on the go. I'd say that ability will become real with the next Xbox, which would give Microsoft a huge advantage heading into next generation. A console and handheld for the price of one? Yes, please.

Aside from that, Halo 4 looked absolutely bad ass. I LOVE the dark look. I love the new enemies. I love how it's become more visceral. I seriously can not wait for it to come out.

I also liked Tomb Raider even though it looks like a 100% direct rip of Uncharted. Splinter Cell looks really good. I was even impressed by Black Ops II. I think the future setting is going to be the shot in the arm that franchise so badly needs single player wise. Online...it'll suck. Rest assured.

The Gears Judgment(am I the only one that thinks it should be 'JudgEment?') game play after the show, while short, was sweet. I have absolutely no doubts that it's going to be even better than Gears 3 which is already my favorite shooter of all time.

On the bad side, Wreckateers is about the dumbest thing I've ever seen. The kinect stuff in general(Madden, FIFA, Just Dance, and searching for stuff in the dashboard) looks dumb. I just wish they would let it die, but I know that's too much to ask for. All in all, though, I was pretty impressed with what Microsoft has planned.

I have no interest in the EA, Ubisoft, or Nintendo conferences, so I guess the only one I have left is Sony tonight. Hopefully they show something really good.

psuexv
06-04-2012, 01:46 PM
I'm sure the "big guns" (yeah that's a shot at you CDJ) of TGT would be more than happy to feature your content if you wanna pay your way! :D

LOL

psuexv
06-04-2012, 01:47 PM
Pretty pumped for this

Battlefield ‏@Battlefield

Getting set up to show off #bf3cq (Close Quarters) & more from the #e3 show floor http://instagr.am/p/LdmYjELMKW/

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 01:48 PM
I have been considering picking up a 360 if only for the live streaming sports stuff. My question would be, do you guys think it's worth it or should I just wait for the next gen.

Well, since Microsoft didn't announce a nextgen console, meaning it probably won't be until 2014 that we see the next one from MS, it would depend on how much you'll want to do on 360. If you'd be buying it mainly for the sports and live streaming, and would continue playing and buying games mainly for PS3, a 4GB 360 for $199 isn't bad. If you would end up buying a bunch of games for 360 as well as PS3, and want to install those games (requiring a bigger hard drive), $299 for a 250GB 360, you'd probably be better off just waiting for a year or two (however long it takes MS to put out a new console) and get the new console.

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 01:50 PM
Battlefield 3 DLC is tomorrow :nod:

psuexv
06-04-2012, 01:50 PM
The kinect stuff in general(Madden, FIFA, Just Dance, and searching for stuff in the dashboard) looks dumb. I just wish they would let it die, but I know that's too much to ask for. All in all, though, I was pretty impressed with what Microsoft has planned.

If I owned a 360 I can honestly say I don't think I would use voice commands. The only thing that would cool is if they added the FIFA sub thing to football. Easily subbing specific positions is something I've wanted for a long time and if this could make it happen that would be sweet.

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 01:51 PM
If I owned a 360 I can honestly say I don't think I would use voice commands. The only thing that would cool is if they added the FIFA sub thing to football. Easily subbing specific positions is something I've wanted for a long time and if this could make it happen that would be sweet.

The Kinect voice commands come in handy for pulling up games and videos, I used that the most with Kinect.

psuexv
06-04-2012, 01:53 PM
Interesting - Battlefield ‏@Battlefield

Looks like the guys at CoD played their hand. Now it’s our turn to bring something ***new*** to the Battlefield

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 02:03 PM
Very smart, because EVERYONE who has a 360 has either a phone or a tablet of some kind. That means no one is going to have to go out and buy something to get it to work. I've seen it mentioned on other sites, but Smart Glass is apparently just laying the groundwork for Microsoft's real intention...stream actual games to any tablet/phone and play on the go. I'd say that ability will become real with the next Xbox, which would give Microsoft a huge advantage heading into next generation. A console and handheld for the price of one? Yes, please.

Yep. My thoughts and outlook on SmartGlass has completely changed. I'm now looking forward to this. With MS bringing out this, WiiU just pretty much lost any ground it had.

Aside from that, Halo 4 looked absolutely bad ass. I LOVE the dark look. I love the new enemies. I love how it's become more visceral. I seriously can not wait for it to come out.

Amen! Halo 4 is a definite day one buy for me. In fact, I think I already have it preordered sometime in the past on Amazon. :D Definitely looking forward to it and very much looking forward to the new path the series is being taken down.

I also liked Tomb Raider even though it looks like a 100% direct rip of Uncharted. Splinter Cell looks really good. I was even impressed by Black Ops II. I think the future setting is going to be the shot in the arm that franchise so badly needs single player wise. Online...it'll suck. Rest assured.

Tomb Raider looked interesting. I have no plans right now to buy it, but it's on my interest list. I agree, Splinter Cell does look really good. That might be going on my preorder list. Fuck, just like last fall, here we go again. I already have Assassin's Creed III preordered, Halo 4 either already is or about to be preordered, Splinter Cell may be about to get preordered. If anything else major comes out, here comes another November of being poor.

As for Black Ops II, sure, it looks interesting and going future may be what it does need, but like you said, online it'll suck, like always. And online is 95% of any COD game. Everyone that I know who buys COD buy it all solely for the online/multiplayer. Since that's going to suck ass again, like it does every, single, year, thus the reason why it's not going to be anything more than a used Amazon or Gamestop purchase next summer for super cheap just to fuck around in singleplayer/co-op while waiting for NCAA 14 to come out.

The Gears Judgment(am I the only one that thinks it should be 'JudgEment?') game play after the show, while short, was sweet. I have absolutely no doubts that it's going to be even better than Gears 3 which is already my favorite shooter of all time.

On the bad side, Wreckateers is about the dumbest thing I've ever seen. The kinect stuff in general(Madden, FIFA, Just Dance, and searching for stuff in the dashboard) looks dumb. I just wish they would let it die, but I know that's too much to ask for. All in all, though, I was pretty impressed with what Microsoft has planned.

I have no interest in the EA, Ubisoft, or Nintendo conferences, so I guess the only one I have left is Sony tonight. Hopefully they show something really good.

Gears Judgment does look interesting. I'll have to keep my eye on it. Wreckateers is DEFINITELY geared towards families/little kids, because that was the fucking dumbest thing ever. Madden/Just Dance/etc Kinect, I agree, I couldn't care less about any of that shit. FIFA, like I said in a previous post, it does have some promise there because being able to make substitutions and change formations on the fly just by voice without having to pause the game would be nice. Other than that, I have never really cared for Kinect and unless I get it from someone as a gift, present, or win it from someplace, I have no intentions of ever actually spending money on it.

As for the rest of the pressers, EA and Ubisoft are about it for me, EA for NCAA, Madden, NHL and FIFA, and Ubisoft for both Assassins Creed III and Splinter Cell (if they talk about SC some more at it). I'll watch Sony just to see what they have to talk about, maybe something about a future console that may finally get me back into Playstation since my PS2 days. Nintendo, I couldn't give two shits about.

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 02:06 PM
Interesting - Battlefield ‏@Battlefield

Looks like the guys at CoD played their hand. Now it’s our turn to bring something ***new*** to the Battlefield

Is this referring to something new for Battlefield 3 or a new Battlefield game? COD has pretty much died for me with how shitty multiplayer has been in the game since I stopped playing MW2.

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 02:09 PM
Is this referring to something new for Battlefield 3 or a new Battlefield game? COD has pretty much died for me with how shitty multiplayer has been in the game since I stopped playing MW2.

MW3 did up the game a little bit adding in Kill Confirmed. It's still run and gun though. It will never be tactical.

I OU a Beatn
06-04-2012, 02:11 PM
I'll watch Sony just to see what they have to talk about, maybe something about a future console that may finally get me back into Playstation since my PS2 days.

Yep, that's the only reason I'm watching Sony - I was intrigued by The Last of Us, I want to see what they have in store for Vita, and them I'm hoping they tease the PS4. Sony has been on my shit list for a long time and unless they come out and really wow me, I don't see that changing.

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 02:15 PM
Posted this earlier, but in the wrong thread :D

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/360E3.jpg

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 02:15 PM
MW3 did up the game a little bit adding in Kill Confirmed. It's still run and gun though. It will never be tactical.

Yeah, I did enjoy Kill Confirmed for a bit. That was pretty much the sole game mode that kept me going in MW3 until January or February (whenever it actually was) when I finally just gave up because it was just the same tired bullshit match and match. You pretty much nailed it exactly, run and gun and nothing else. If it was more tactical, I'd enjoy COD multiplayer more, but it's not that. Nothing but run and gun, camping in random spots on the map waiting for people to run past you, and spawn camping.

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 02:18 PM
First item already overdone at E3 - dubstep.

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 02:26 PM
Yep, that's the only reason I'm watching Sony - I was intrigued by The Last of Us, I want to see what they have in store for Vita, and them I'm hoping they tease the PS4. Sony has been on my shit list for a long time and unless they come out and really wow me, I don't see that changing.

Yeah, I did enjoy my PS2. I got the original Playstation and first got into console gaming in 1997 and PS2 in 2001/2002 before eventually getting an original Xbox around 2003 or 2004 I think it was. But even after getting an Xbox, I was playing PS2 almost every day and buying most of my games on PS2. I'm going to be getting an Xbox 720 regardless, that's a given for me, but depending on what direction Sony goes with the PS4, whenever they announce it, it may get me to buy a PS4 and get back into Playstation gaming.

And being a Final Fantasy fan (even though they have finally brought it over to the 360 with FF13 and FF13-2), I would love to get back into the PS world, between playing Final Fantasy on a Playstation just feels right compared to playing it on 360, as well as the chance to play older Final Fantasy games through the PS Store.

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 02:27 PM
First item already overdone at E3 - dubstep.

Isn't that the first item every year?

ram29jackson
06-04-2012, 02:36 PM
infinity engine ?

gschwendt
06-04-2012, 02:39 PM
infinity engine ?http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?5127-Madden-getting-Connected-Careers-amp-Infinity-Engine-(physics)

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 02:45 PM
Why do they talk to Michael Pachter :fp:

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 02:54 PM
Or lord. Adam Sessler migrated over to Spike :fp:

psuexv
06-04-2012, 03:02 PM

Not sure

psuexv
06-04-2012, 03:05 PM
That sounds like Chloe from Uncharted

psuexv
06-04-2012, 03:06 PM
I find this hard to believe for Madden - Offline franchise on its own has technically been retired

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 03:08 PM
Not sure

Hopefully it's about a new Battlefield. I still need to buy Battlefield 3 (may have to do that this month before NCAA drops), but with COD pretty much being dead for me, an announcement of a new Battlefield would be sweet.

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 03:09 PM
Dead Space 3 is looking badass.

gschwendt
06-04-2012, 03:11 PM
Dead Space 3 is looking badass.I'm not sure I ever installed the second one or not... I enjoyed the first but I really hate the game mechanics on PC. Not sure if they're better on the console side but they were distracting enough that I haven't had much interest in playing DE2.

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 03:11 PM
Dead Space 3 is looking badass.

That is one series I really need to get into sometime. I have never played Dead Space 1 or 2, but it has always sounded interesting. I may have to look at picking up 1 down the road and seeing if/how well I like it, then pick up DS2 sometime after that.

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 03:12 PM
Here's Madden 13.

Little Steve
06-04-2012, 03:13 PM
:whoa:Did you hear what madden got now:whoa::whoa::whoa::whoa::whoa::whoa::drool:

psuexv
06-04-2012, 03:15 PM
Whoa, mass will take into affect.

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 03:19 PM
So did anybody understand exactly what the hell they were talking about there with Connected Careers? Parts of it sounded like a redone Superstar/Madden version of Road to Glory, other parts sounded like an updated Head Coach 09. I didn't really get any details about what is intended for it. Hopefully EA/the Madden team will be releasing the blogs/playbook for it soon.

Little Steve
06-04-2012, 03:22 PM
So did anybody understand exactly what the hell they were talking about there with Connected Careers? Parts of it sounded like a redone Superstar/Madden version of Road to Glory, other parts sounded like an updated Head Coach 09. I didn't really get any details about what is intended for it. Hopefully EA/the Madden team will be releasing the blogs/playbook for it soon.
Ya i understood all of it. hard to explain with out mispelling alot of words... so i let g and the other guy tell you.

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 03:25 PM
I'm not sure I ever installed the second one or not... I enjoyed the first but I really hate the game mechanics on PC. Not sure if they're better on the console side but they were distracting enough that I haven't had much interest in playing DE2.

I am probably 3/4 of the way through the first one on 360. Controls were okay, I really dug the game, just haven't gotten caught up in the series yet.

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 03:25 PM
The new SimCity looks interesting. SimCity 4 has always been a fun game to fire up on my laptop now and then and fuck around in a city in it. It'll be interesting to see any new news that comes out about it down the road closer to release.

ram29jackson
06-04-2012, 03:26 PM

yeah, its vague....?

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 03:27 PM
Damn, no new Battlefield until at least next fall, with an expansion pack planned for as late as March 2013. Looks like I'll definitely be getting Battlefield 3 sometime in the near future then since EA is adding to it continuously over the next 9 months.

JBHuskers
I like the look of the new Sim City

The live approval rating for Battlefield 3 Premium was sky high until the announced price :D

Little Steve
cod elite for bf3 thats gonna go over well...

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 03:29 PM
I like the look of the new Sim City

The live approval rating for Battlefield 3 Premium was sky high until the announced price :D

:D What the hell were they expecting, all that to be released for $25 or $30? It still a deal. What was it, $49.99 for over $75 of product if you bought it all separately?

gschwendt
06-04-2012, 03:29 PM
So did anybody understand exactly what the hell they were talking about there with Connected Careers? Parts of it sounded like a redone Superstar/Madden version of Road to Glory, other parts sounded like an updated Head Coach 09. I didn't really get any details about what is intended for it. Hopefully EA/the Madden team will be releasing the blogs/playbook for it soon.I don't know for sure (though sounds like you can get details I linked to in the Madden forum) but from what I understand, there's no longer separate modes for Franchise, Coach Mode, or Superstar. Essentially they all live in the same mode and you (and 31 other players) can choose what they want to be. You can be a coach while I'm a normal gamer while Steve is a player.

Again, that's just my assumption since I haven't listened to the podcast.

psuexv
06-04-2012, 03:30 PM
Battlefield Premium? That was the big news??? It was already leaked :smh:

Little Steve
06-04-2012, 03:31 PM
I don't know for sure (though sounds like you can get details I linked to in the Madden forum) but from what I understand, there's no longer separate modes for Franchise, Coach Mode, or Superstar. Essentially they all live in the same mode and you (and 31 other players) can choose what they want to be. You can be a coach while I'm a normal gamer while Steve is a player.

Yes, thats sounds exactly like they said.

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 03:31 PM
:D What the hell were they expecting, all that to be released for $25 or $30? It still a deal. What was it, $49.99 for over $75 of product if you bought it all separately?

$15 of that $75 is already owned with the limited edition. So now it's $50 for $60 worth of stuff...so I dunno yet. I'll have to look into it more.

Little Steve
06-04-2012, 03:34 PM
O look smooth got shot, damn still alive...

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 03:36 PM
I don't know for sure (though sounds like you can get details I linked to in the Madden forum) but from what I understand, there's no longer separate modes for Franchise, Coach Mode, or Superstar. Essentially they all live in the same mode and you (and 31 other players) can choose what they want to be. You can be a coach while I'm a normal gamer while Steve is a player.

Alright. I'm going to assume then that at least it's still possible to play a "version" of the current singleplayer franchise, because that's all I care about. I couldn't care less about Online Franchise.

$15 of that $75 is already owned with the limited edition. So now it's $50 for $60 worth of stuff...so I dunno yet. I'll have to look into it more.

Ah, alright. So for me then, whenever I get around to buying Battlefield 3, it'd be the regular edition, BF Premium would make sense since it's be a $25 savings, whereas it might not be exactly a deal, or at least that great of one, for those who own the limited edition.

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 03:38 PM
Hmm, Medal of Honor Warfighter just went onto my watch list. With Halo 4 and Assassin's Creed III already preordered, and the new Splinter Cell about to get preordered, plus the new Tombraider looking interesting and now this, fuck this is gonna be an expensive Fall. :D

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 03:43 PM
Oh yeah! FIFA time!

psuexv
06-04-2012, 03:46 PM
It's kind of funny watching the comments and all of the people that could care less about sports games. :D

gschwendt
06-04-2012, 03:54 PM
JB's desire for Burnout Paradise 2 looks like it might be realized with NFS: Most Wanted 2... open world racer.

Little Steve
06-04-2012, 03:57 PM
NCAA 13???????????

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 03:59 PM
Well, with only a couple minutes officially left in EA's E3 presser, looks like whatever the news for NCAA 13 is, is going to be announced via blog or something, unless they squeeze it in at the last minute.

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 04:00 PM
Well, with only a couple minutes officially left in EA's E3 presser, looks like whatever the news for NCAA 13 is, is going to be announced via blog or something, unless they squeeze it in at the last minute.

Guessing so.

gschwendt
06-04-2012, 04:02 PM
I hate FPS demos during E3... they always turn it on god mode and gameplay ends up looking ugly as a result.

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 04:04 PM
I hate FPS demos during E3... they always turn it on god mode and gameplay ends up looking ugly as a result.

Seriously. I wanna see these fuckers die like 50 times while trying to advance through various sections of the gameplay demos. :D

Little Steve
06-04-2012, 04:05 PM
:fdown:ncaa 13?

gschwendt
06-04-2012, 04:06 PM
:fdown:ncaa 13?This was the EA presser, not EA Sports. They rarely give NCAA much attention on the stage at all... we're essentially lucky to get the half a second mention of Heisman players in NCAA.

I OU a Beatn
I can't remember NCAA ever being shown during EA's conference. There's always news that comes out, but they usually focus on Madden, FIFA, and their shooters.

psuexv
No NCAA news is really disappointing.

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 04:08 PM
This was the EA presser, not EA Sports. They rarely give NCAA much attention on the stage at all... we're essentially lucky to get the half a second mention of Heisman players in NCAA.

I can't remember NCAA ever being shown during EA's conference. There's always news that comes out, but they usually focus on Madden, FIFA, and their shooters.

Yeah, NCAA Football pretty much doesn't exist when it comes to EA and E3, even EA Sports. NCAA Football is the redheaded stepchild of Madden, FIFA and the FPS games when it comes to E3.

psuexv
06-04-2012, 04:09 PM
This was the EA presser, not EA Sports. They rarely give NCAA much attention on the stage at all... we're essentially lucky to get the half a second mention of Heisman players in NCAA.

Yes, yes, we know. Just wishful thinking and excitement.

ryby6969
06-04-2012, 04:09 PM
I don't care if it is an adopted child as long as physics are in NCAA! :D

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 04:11 PM

Little Steve
06-04-2012, 04:13 PM
If it doesn't, not buying it and hello madden.

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 04:16 PM

That's more than what we got last year IIRC :D

gschwendt
06-04-2012, 04:20 PM
Let's keep NCAA physics discussion in one thread, here:
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?5121-EA-SPORTS-at-E3-2012

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 04:21 PM
Well, I will say, I think Madden just became a day one buy. I haven't played Madden since Madden 11 (which I owned for 3 days last June after buying it on eBay, just long enough to get all the achievements and an easy 1000 gamerscore before selling it back off on eBay), and haven't bought Madden brand new since Madden 10, but these additions to Madden 13 may have pushed me into finally giving EA and Madden another chance. Damn, Fall is really going to be a bitch now. NCAA in July, Madden in August, NHL and FIFA in September, MOH Warfighter in October, Halo 4 and Assassin's Creed III in November. Thank god Splinter Cell Blacklist and Sim City don't come out until next Spring.

I OU a Beatn
06-04-2012, 04:21 PM
Just saw the Crysis 3 trailer...holy shit. EA knows how to put together a nice trailer, that's for sure.

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 04:25 PM
Alright, now the 35 minute wait until Ubisoft hits the stage. Looking forward to hearing news about Assassin's Creed III and Splinter Cell Blacklist. Those are the only Ubisoft games currently on my list of interest, but who knows, maybe they'll have something in their presser that will catch my eye.

I OU a Beatn
06-04-2012, 04:27 PM
They better say something about Rainbow Six.

psuexv
06-04-2012, 04:29 PM
More in depth info on Madden Connected Careers
http://m.madden-nfl.easports.com/news/article/connected-careers-developer-blog

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 04:36 PM
Damn you Spike, dropping coverage for 1000 Ways to Die. Thank god for G4TV

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 05:05 PM
So, does Mr. Caffeine make an appearance at Ubisoft's presser again this year? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecffZBdhAUU

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 05:09 PM
Hmm. This Ubisoft presser started out "meh" with the Just Dance shit, quickly went uphill with the chicks in short shorts/spandex/whatever the hell that is, and then went completely plummeting off a fucking cliff when Flo-Rida came out.

I OU a Beatn
06-04-2012, 05:13 PM
I honestly didn't know they could show stuff like that at E3. :D

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 05:15 PM
I honestly didn't know they could show stuff like that at E3. :D

Neither did I. :D

That was surprising, glancing up at the TV while in the middle of browsing the NCAA E3 thread, and seeing a painted, topless chick straddling the male main character.

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 05:21 PM
:D @ Kyle Orland over at artechnica.

All of a sudden the game becomes a bad acid trip, with a room bursting into flames and disjointed TV screens urging you to "kill" and "fuck."

If you want to shoot lunging bengal Tigers in the face, HAVE I GOT A GAME FOR YOU!

Damn, Far Cry 3 just got even more damn interesting for me. I already had some interest in it after last year's E3, but damn, this is going on the list.

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 05:22 PM
And Splinter Cell Blacklist is up.

I OU a Beatn
06-04-2012, 05:26 PM
Girl wood? That lady is bugging the shit out of me.

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 05:27 PM
Fuck yeah, I can't wait for Splinter Cell Blacklist after that video. I already enjoyed playing Conviction and still toss it in now and then to go around on various missions fucking around and killing guys, so I can't wait for Blacklist.

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 05:27 PM

You and me both. I'd almost rather have Mr. Caffeine back from last year. :fp:

I OU a Beatn
06-04-2012, 05:31 PM
I have no interest in the WiiU, but that is cool.

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 05:33 PM
Yeah, I'll agree it's cool, but still, wake me up when this WiiU crap is over and they get back to the good shit like Assassin's Creed III.

oweb26
06-04-2012, 05:34 PM
Nothing ubisoft has shown looks like it will be anything but a success.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 05:36 PM
Ubisoft rolling out a new zombie game. Looks interesting. Using God Save the Queen as their music during the video was awesome/hilarious/perfect use of music while showing the world falling into entire collapse.

I OU a Beatn
06-04-2012, 05:37 PM
Seriously, this lady...:D

I have never seen a worse host in my life. She keeps cracking these one liners she thinks is funny, but NO ONE is laughing.

SmoothPancakes
Ahh fuck. It's exclusively for WiiU. What a crock of shit.

oweb26
That had to be the most pointless trailer I have seen thus far. All teaser no meat.

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 05:39 PM
YES! Assassin's Creed III time!

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 05:40 PM
Seriously, this lady...:D

I have never seen a worse host in my life. She keeps cracking these one liners she thinks is funny, but NO ONE is laughing.

Seriously, I don't know who is worse. Mr. Caffeine from last year or this chick this year.

I OU a Beatn
06-04-2012, 05:42 PM
Awesome trailer for ACIII.

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 05:43 PM
Alright, yeah, it's a pre-rendered trailer, but goddamn I've got a hard-on right now.

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 05:44 PM
Here we go now! Got some gameplay video rolling.

I OU a Beatn
06-04-2012, 05:45 PM
It's amazing how fluid the character looks moving from limb to limb. Then he owns a pack of wolves with his bare hands. Yeah, I love this game already. :D

morsdraconis
06-04-2012, 05:46 PM
:smh:

Yay for games that AREN'T just another boring ass same old bullshit (aka, NOT anything being shown at E3)!

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 05:51 PM
Jumping seamlessly from tree to tree, killing wild prey in the forest, defending against a pack of attacking wolves, slaughtering the animal and taking the meat to a butcher to complete a quest (brings up thoughts of Red Dead Redemption and skinning the dead animals). This all FAR surpasses the climbing abilities of the main character in AC 1, 2, Brotherhood and Revelations. MY GOD. November better get here REAL goddamn fast!

I OU a Beatn
06-04-2012, 05:51 PM
Damn, this is going to get a ton of perfect review scores for sure. That game play and the game play from Halo 4 has been by FAR the best so far.

oweb26
06-04-2012, 05:53 PM
Guess I should start now going threw revelations and brotherhood. Lol

I OU a Beatn
06-04-2012, 05:54 PM
Oh my God. Kill me.

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 05:57 PM
Why do they try to be funny?

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 05:58 PM
Jesus Christ. This Toby guy is almost as bad as the chick. :fp: :fp: :fp:

Ubisoft, you have GOT to have someone in your company that can actually lead a press conference. First Mr. Caffeine last year, now Aisha and Toby. :fp: Ubisoft, you may have one of the better or best press conferences from year to year, but you have the shittiest presenters/leaders EVERY year. :fp:

I OU a Beatn
06-04-2012, 05:59 PM
What are they showing now? I don't get it.

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 06:01 PM
Jesus Christ. This Toby guy is almost as bad as the chick. :fp: :fp: :fp:

Ubisoft, you have GOT to have someone in your company that can actually lead a press conference. First Mr. Caffeine last year, now Aisha and Toby. :fp: Ubisoft, you may have one of the better or best press conferences from year to year, but you have the shittiest presenters/leaders EVERY year. :fp:

Yup. Aisha is actually a pretty hardcore gamer. And she's on Archer too.

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 06:02 PM
What are they showing now? I don't get it.

I have no idea. Unless that's a game that can be played online on Ubisoft.com or an internet site or Arcade, no way in hell would I ever buy that for a console. That would be good for about 1 hour before I could never play it again.

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 06:03 PM
I have no idea. Unless that's a game that can be played online on Ubisoft.com or an internet site or Arcade, no way in hell would I ever buy that for a console. That would be good for about 1 hour before I could never play it again.

I played the same thing years ago. It's called Unreal Tournament

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 06:04 PM
Yup. Aisha is actually a pretty hardcore gamer. And she's on Archer too.

Well, she needs to stop with the jokes and trying to be funny, because they aren't funny, they're awkward and unnecessary.

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 06:07 PM
Alright, is this a new game or a government awareness video?

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 06:07 PM
Online pornography FTW!

What are they setting up here....

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 06:08 PM
The premise of this game sounds promising.

oweb26
06-04-2012, 06:09 PM
Online pornography FTW!

What are they setting up here....

Lol that was weird I was typing on my computer and they said that I stopped and looked immediately. :)

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 06:11 PM
This game looks very promising.

:D at G4 being a little late on bleeping out fucking.

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 06:11 PM
Ok, now that I know it's a game and not some random video warning against government monitoring of every second of every one of our lives. :D Damn, this is looking interesting. Now sure exactly what to make of it yet, but I'm really liking what I'm seeing so far.

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 06:13 PM
:D :D :D

There's been a BLEEP like every 5 seconds of this video. :D

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 06:14 PM
Holy shit, CTOS has my attention.

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 06:16 PM
Holy shit, CTOS has my attention.

Yep. THIS is why I watch all these pressers, because this is an entirely brand new IP never before even mentioned by Ubisoft (at least not that I've seen anywhere), that has instantly caught my eye.

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 06:17 PM
Holy shit....that jumping over the car headshot was badass!

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 06:17 PM
A goateed man addresses our protagonist. "She's oiled, she's loose, she's perfect, just the way you like." Classy.

I OU a Beatn
06-04-2012, 06:19 PM
That looked very, very promising.

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 06:20 PM
Looks like the title is Watch Dogs. WOW

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 06:23 PM
Word is Watch Dogs is a next gen title....not 100% confirmed though. Just from some people that could be in the know on Twitter.

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 06:26 PM
And that's all she wrote for Ubisoft. Holy fuck that game looks extremely interesting.

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 06:29 PM
Watching that intro video again, I swear, it sounds exactly like one of those government monitoring awareness videos or videos about how unsecured (and thus ease of hacking) our national infrastructure is that you'd find from conspiracy theorists and others online.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3F3KW-2ABc

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 06:29 PM
I just don't want to wait for next gen (or to afford next gen) to play it :fdown:

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 06:37 PM
Just read that Watch Dogs was played with a 360 controller, but still there were no consoles announced with this reveal.

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 06:52 PM
WOW these G4 hosts blow.

morsdraconis
06-04-2012, 06:54 PM
It's about god damn time someone makes somethin' new. That looks promising, though it's way too much like GTA and not enough like Deus Ex.

oweb26
06-04-2012, 07:01 PM
WOW these G4 hosts blow.

I have never seen one that didn't blow

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 07:02 PM
WOW these G4 hosts blow.

As far as the female hosts, that could be a good thing. ;)

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 07:11 PM
As far as the female hosts, that could be a good thing. ;)

Well she is hot.

CDJ just told me that the gameplay for Watch Dogs was on PC (which you can play with a 360 controller). Still crossing my fingers for PS3 or 360.

morsdraconis
06-04-2012, 07:13 PM
Well she is hot.

CDJ just told me that the gameplay for Watch Dogs was on PC (which you can play with a 360 controller). Still crossing my fingers for PS3 or 360.

Fuck that. Give me the PC game and I'm fine.

And, of course it was on a PC, that game would look like shit on a console.

JeffHCross
06-04-2012, 07:24 PM
Hmm, Medal of Honor Warfighter just went onto my watch list.I can't believe I had to look up who OGA was.

I'm :smh: at myself.

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 08:02 PM
More dubstep :D

JeffHCross
06-04-2012, 08:04 PM
I'm stunned, Sony, broadcasting your press conference to the PS3 via a website sucks.

How much does Sony have to suck to not even get coverage on Spike? Pre-empted by 1000 Ways to Die? Surely Sony didn't sign an exclusivity deal with G4 (which practically no one has in HD)

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 08:15 PM
I'm stunned, Sony, broadcasting your press conference to the PS3 via a website sucks.

How much does Sony have to suck to not even get coverage on Spike? Pre-empted by 1000 Ways to Die? Surely Sony didn't sign an exclusivity deal with G4 (which practically no one has in HD)

I have it in HD LOL

Beyond looks to be damn good.

Tarhead10
06-04-2012, 08:16 PM
Watching this beyond two souls on now, its pretty wild...

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 08:18 PM
Wow. That game will be like Heavy Rain, but with better and more advanced tech.

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 08:21 PM
LMAO Parrapa the Rappa in Battle Royale.

gschwendt
06-04-2012, 08:23 PM
This reminds me of that ninja action figures game from a couple of years ago... just using Sony characters.

*edit
Rag Doll Kung Fu

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 08:25 PM
Battle Royale looks like it could be a blast with friends.

steelerfan
06-04-2012, 08:28 PM
Wow. That game will be like Heavy Rain, but with better and more advanced tech.

Yeah, Beyond looks interesting. I'll be keeping tabs on that one for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 08:39 PM
So Playstation Plus members will get Saint's Row 2, Infamous 2, and Little Big Planet 2 free. Might all be free tomorrow.

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 08:50 PM
4-player co-op separate campaign on Far Cry 3 might be fun.

Little Steve
06-04-2012, 08:55 PM
4-player co-op separate campaign on Far Cry 3 might be fun.

How does it look so far, and when it come out?

JeffHCross
06-04-2012, 08:58 PM
I gotta say, all in all, this was a pretty lackluster press conference. Nothing that just said "hey, you need to get a 360"... there have been things in the past that have at least given me interest in but nothing is a "gotta have".If they announced that WatchESPN was available without a cable subscription, I'd be buying a 360 tomorrow.

Right now Spike is showing some Gameplay reveals. This new Transformers game looks interesting. Never have played a current gen Transformers game.War for Cybertron was a good game. Not great, but very solid.

I'd go to E3, but it's not on my bucket list.The only way I'd go to E3 is on somebody else's dime :D GDC is on my bucket list though.

Very smart, because EVERYONE who has a 360 has either a phone or a tablet of some kind.I don't have a 360, but .... no smartphone either :D

I hate FPS demos during E3... they always turn it on god mode and gameplay ends up looking ugly as a result.Or when they bring Joe Montana out on stage and make an HB Dive unstoppable ;)

So Playstation Plus members will get Saint's Row 2, Infamous 2, and Little Big Planet 2 free.Free? That's not what I heard. I just heard "available". As in the Ultimate Bundles they've been pimping. EDIT: Never mind, apparently I heard totally wrong.

gschwendt
06-04-2012, 09:00 PM
I hate live demos for pre-alpha games and tech.

gschwendt
06-04-2012, 09:04 PM
Microsoft spends way too much time with Usher and Sony spends way too much time with children's books. :fp:

Deuce
06-04-2012, 09:06 PM
Microsoft spends way too much time with Usher and Sony spends way too much time with children's books. :fp:

Ya, the children's books was horrible. Way too long as well.

JeffHCross
06-04-2012, 09:08 PM
Augmented Reality, at least this kind of Augmented Reality, really sucks.

Deuce
06-04-2012, 09:27 PM
Last of Us. :nod:

Looks awesome. I was under the impression it was a zombie game though? Guess I was wrong.

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 09:30 PM
Last of Us. :nod:

Looks awesome. I was under the impression it was a zombie game though? Guess I was wrong.

It is. In the apocalypse, you still have to fend for yourself against those who scavenge, rape, and kill.

That was awesome when the girl nailed that dude with a brick :D

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 09:31 PM
That means we can check off Deuce in ability to survive the apocalypse. :D

Deuce
06-04-2012, 09:32 PM
It is. In the apocalypse, you still have to fend for yourself against those who scavenge, rape, and kill.

That was awesome when the girl nailed that dude with a brick :D

Nice...even better. I really liked the way it was done.

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 09:33 PM
Nice...even better. I really liked the way it was done.

Yeah. I'm going to have to bring you up in the Zombie thread (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?5098-Zombie-Mania-amp-Cannibalooza-2012-(Was-The-Miami-Zombie!)).

I OU a Beatn
06-04-2012, 09:39 PM

Yeah, this E3 sucked. Halo 4 was jaw dropping, and Tomb Raider looked good, but aside from that, Microsoft didn't do anything. They had a new Gears and new Forza and they didn't even give them a combined 60 seconds. The hell? Then Sony comes out and shows off a bunch of multiplatform titles, Battle Royale(LOL), and a new God of War which is just coming across as rehash to me. The only thing worthwhile they showed was The Last of Us.

Of course, if nothing else, this just goes to show that the next generation of consoles is definitely right around the corner. The lack of quality exclusive titles on either platform at this year's E3 was disturbing.

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 09:44 PM
Watch Dogs definitely stole the show. The Last Of Us was great too.

JeffHCross
Yeah, this E3 sucked.Isn't over yet ;)

Star Wars 1313 on Spike right now. Looks amazing. Might be the first Star Wars game I've really played in years.

JBHuskers

That demo with the storybooks took FOREVER.

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 09:45 PM
Watch Dogs definitely stole the show. The Last Of Us was great too.

Forgot Beyond for the PS3 also....

I OU a Beatn
06-04-2012, 09:48 PM
Forgot Beyond for the PS3 also....

I'd say that's more along the lines of Heavy Rain, aka an interactive movie.

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 09:52 PM
I'd say that's more along the lines of Heavy Rain, aka an interactive movie.

Yeah, but still good.

JeffHCross
06-04-2012, 09:56 PM
I'd say that's more along the lines of Heavy Rain, aka an interactive movie.Maybe. Hard to say without actual gameplay footage.

I OU a Beatn
06-04-2012, 10:01 PM
Yeah, but still good.

Yes, but not a must buy. I'm looking for titles I'm willing to drop $60 on day one for. The only ones I've seen so far are Halo 4, ACIII, and The Last of Us. Beyond is something I'd just plow through on the weekend for the trophies. I liked Heavy Rain, but I certainly wouldn't pay full price for it. It's not a game.

Maybe. Hard to say without actual gameplay footage.

There was one shot where it had the part where you have to move the analog sticks together, but you're right, there is nothing confirmed yet. Just based on how they're going for a heavy emotional game and the fact they made Heavy Rain, I'd say it's a good chance of being similar in mechanics. Not that it's a bad thing...I think the premise sounds really cool. It's just not something I would consider a game if it turns out to be that way.

JeffHCross
06-04-2012, 10:05 PM
Just caught NBA 2k13's footage on Spike. Very first thing I see is an up-and-under. Lmao.

gschwendt
06-05-2012, 02:36 PM
LOL... watching Spike and they're talking to the devs of some MMA game and they show a hot chick and a MMA fighter playing the game against each other. As they go to cut to commercial, they zoom in on the girl's controller (probably to show her tits) and low and behold, she's holding a PS3 while the fighter is holding a 360 controller. :D

JBHuskers
06-05-2012, 02:38 PM
LOL... watching Spike and they're talking to the devs of some MMA game and they show a hot chick and a MMA fighter playing the game against each other. As they go to cut to commercial, they zoom in on the girl's controller (probably to show her tits) and low and behold, she's holding a PS3 while the fighter is holding a 360 controller. :D

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120403145856/darth/images/1/11/Homer_doh-1-.png

Was that for the Bellator game that's coming out for XBLA and PSN?

gschwendt
06-05-2012, 02:48 PM
Was that for the Bellator game that's coming out for XBLA and PSN?Yeah, I think so.

JBHuskers
06-05-2012, 02:55 PM
Yeah, I think so.

I'm interested in seeing how that game plays, but don't think I want to see for $15 or $20.

DariusLock
06-05-2012, 03:02 PM
That demo with the storybooks took FOREVER.

Lol Usher got me, it's almost like Microsoft forgot their target audience is 12-30 year old men...not 9-45 year old women.

JeffHCross
06-05-2012, 08:21 PM
LOL... watching Spike and they're talking to the devs of some MMA game and they show a hot chick and a MMA fighter playing the game against each other. As they go to cut to commercial, they zoom in on the girl's controller (probably to show her tits) and low and behold, she's holding a PS3 while the fighter is holding a 360 controller. :DG must've been too distracted by her tits (or lack thereof). Those were actually two PS3 controllers. One was black and one was white.

gschwendt
06-05-2012, 09:13 PM
For everyone complaining that Sony didn't spend enough time with Wonderbook, here you go.
http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/05/sony-playstation-wonderbook-hands-on/

gschwendt
06-06-2012, 09:27 AM
http://i.minus.com/iCXX1fHU2RUXn.gif

I OU a Beatn
06-06-2012, 11:28 AM

JeffHCross
06-06-2012, 07:30 PM
Ubisoft, you have GOT to have someone in your company that can actually lead a press conference. First Mr. Caffeine last year, now Aisha and Toby. :fp: Ubisoft, you may have one of the better or best press conferences from year to year, but you have the shittiest presenters/leaders EVERY year. :fp:Since you said "in your company" (and I've just now seen some footage of the Ubi presser) ... you know Aisha Tyler is an actress and stand-up comedian, not a Ubisoft employee, yes? Which makes all of her jokes that fell flat even funnier to me.

JeffHCross
06-14-2012, 09:35 PM

You and me both. I'd almost rather have Mr. Caffeine back from last year. :fp:
Ms. Tyler would like to have a word with you (http://kotaku.com/5918084/aisha-tyler-rants-ive-been-a-gamer-since-before-you-could-read) about your comments.

Saw that today and instantly thought back to you guys and your comments :D

I OU a Beatn
06-14-2012, 09:49 PM
I saw that yesterday and I have a rebuttal for her. I wasn't bashing her because she's a "gamer." I was bashing her because she was ANNOYING AS HELL. I did get a pretty good laugh out of it, though. I'm sure she received a bunch of colorful feedback based on her E3 Ubisoft presser.