PDA

View Full Version : Gears of War: Judgment - Release Date TBA

cdj
05-31-2012, 11:09 AM
Usually, we like to reveal the name and final cover art for our upcoming issue's cover story the Thursday before it hits subscribers. This time we're saving the full unveiling of the game's title until Monday during Microsoft's E3 press conference, but we can confirm that our next cover is the new installment in the Gears of War series and is coming to Xbox 360. We figure this news and a glimpse of the shrouded Gears of War cover are least some consolation, as the image raises some interesting questions: Who is in chains, and where? [GameInformer (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/05/31/our-august-cover-story-is-the-next-gears-of-war.aspx#.T8eVwnu546g.twitter)]

http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/gameinformer/teaser/teaser-august--610b.jpg

I OU a Beatn
05-31-2012, 11:12 AM
:)):)):))

morsdraconis
05-31-2012, 11:20 AM
:deadhorse:

Yay! More shovelware where it's the exact same fucking thing as the last three, but this time, there's something just as fuckin' dumb.

I fuckin' hate video game companies and their complete and utter lack of trying to do ANYTHING new at all. Thank god for Steam making it easy for independent and small developers to get their games out there, otherwise, I'd probably have fuckin' went on a rampage by now because of the lack of anything worth a fuck to play.

:smh:

AustinWolv
05-31-2012, 11:37 AM
Angry much?

The story is probably a pre-equal to the first 3 games. How Marcus got in jail, etc.

JBHuskers
05-31-2012, 11:38 AM
Angry much?

The story is probably a pre-equal to the first 3 games. How Marcus got in jail, etc.

Rhetorical question? :D

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I OU a Beatn
05-31-2012, 11:43 AM
Personally, they could make the story about Marcus befriending a little bird and I wouldn't care in the slightest. This baby is known for it's multiplayer, and it's an experience you can't find anywhere else. Gears 3 was the pinnacle of online shooters and hopefully they learned from their mistakes and corrected them.

I'll go ahead and just put this out there: get rid of the retro lancer and sawed off. Please. :)

JBHuskers
05-31-2012, 11:44 AM
Personally, they could make the story about Marcus befriending a little bird and I wouldn't care in the slightest. This baby is known for it's multiplayer, and it's an experience you can't find anywhere else. Gears 3 was the pinnacle of online shooters and hopefully they learned from their mistakes and corrected them.

I'll go ahead and just put this out there: get rid of the retro lancer and sawed off. Please. :)

Befriending a little bird :D :D :D

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

AustinWolv
05-31-2012, 03:18 PM
I had some good fun with the sawed-off in Horde mode, but the retro Lancer I could definitely do without.

JBHuskers
05-31-2012, 03:27 PM
I dunno why. I liked the Retro Lancer :D

I OU a Beatn
05-31-2012, 04:06 PM
Honestly, I'd rather they keep the sawed off than the retro lancer. The sawed off is fairly easy to avoid if you're willing to keep a distance but the retro lancer...my God, it completely disrupts everything in multiplayer. It's literally the only assault rifle anyone uses anymore, unless of course you have a modded controller, then you use the Hammerburst. Even in close range, the retro lancer is a better option than the Gnasher. At medium range, it owns every single weapon in the game except for a power weapon like the T Bow or Boom.

It single handily destroyed the awesome shotgun battles that defined Gears 1 and Gears 2 and while I have played Gears 3 virtually every day since launch, it doesn't have the same visceral feel that made the first 2 so unique.

Also, there's a bunch of people over on Epic forums that have formed a fairly valid point that this might be the ODST equivalent that Halo did between Halo 3 and Reach, so it wouldn't be a full fledged sequel...just a campaign with new maps/modes/characters for the multiplayer of Gears 3. Epic teased several times that they had planned a new campaign for a different character and never went through with it so I'm guessing that's what this is. Combine that with the fact that the next Xbox is almost guaranteed to come out next year during the holiday and that leaves no reason whatsoever to release a sequel or full fledged game on the 360.

I'd be happy with that, I guess, if it does end up being that. I only have to hit level 100 one more time for my last achievement(I'm not even going for Seriously 3.0 - screw that), so I'd be happy with a new campaign and new achievements. I'm still into the multiplayer in Gears 3 enough that more maps would hold me over until the next Xbox releases along with the inevitable Gears 4 with Unreal Engine 4. That is if that's how they decide to do it. If they do a full Gears game and it releases this year(not happening - Halo 4 comes out in the fall) or next year for the 360...I'd still be happy.

cdj
06-03-2012, 08:26 PM
The official covers for Game Informer’s July issue confirm that Baird and Cole will be starring in the prequel. Along with the reveal of the main characters, the first details about the title have also slipped out.

Gears of War: Judgement will be developed mostly by People Can Fly, who worked on Bulletstorm. However, Epic Games will be keeping a hand in the development to ensure that it keeps the “Gears quality”. The new installment in the franchise will also feature a new mode entitled, “OverRun Mode”. The mode pits COGs against Locusts and vice versa, but sounds very similar to Beast Mode and Horde in Gears of War 3.

Link: Stick Skills (http://stickskills.com/2012/06/03/main-characters-details-revealed-for-gears-of-war-judgement/)

cdj
06-05-2012, 07:03 AM
Gears of War: Judgment’s Class-Based Multiplayer Makes Horde Mode Even Better

I've just finished playing Overrun, the new multiplayer mode in Epic and People Can Fly's Gears of War: Judgment. As a fan of both Gears of War 3's enhanced horde mode and vicious Beast Mode, Overrun gives me exactly what I've been hoping for: Namely, a versus mode that lets players alternate between playing as defending COG soldiers and the attacking Horde.

Overrun will feature 5-on-5 versus multiplayer, with a variety of objectives. The map I played featured the defending team trying to keep a the Locust forces from destroying a generator.

In a cool wrinkle, Overrun mode will have class-based gameplay. I played as a scout, which armed me with a sniper rifle and let me climb up to ledges to have a better vantage point. Another cool touch is that each class is a unique character from the story. The scout is a guy named Paduk, who I'm assuming is a new character in Judgment.

The other classes are: Baird is an engineer, which lets him build turrets and fortifications like in Gears 3's horde mode. Cole is a soldier, which lets him toss ammo crates, presumably for the other soldiers to use. Sofia is the medic, which the ability to heal other players; I didn't see the medic abilities in action.

Link (http://kotaku.com/5915742/gears-of-war-judgments-class+based-multiplayer-makes-horde-mode-even-better)

I OU a Beatn
08-29-2012, 11:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dcXTYG9zik

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6x52SvPDzY

:clap:

cdj
01-04-2013, 01:25 PM
Box Art:

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/s480x480/268406_10151245451839285_954892301_n.jpg

I OU a Beatn
01-04-2013, 01:46 PM
Really not a fan of all the changes they've made. Removing one of the key features that made your game unique(down but not out + the ability to revive yourself or teammates) is especially head scratching. Of course, with that, executions go by the wayside as well, yet another thing that made Gears unique. On top of that you no longer have a shotgun + rifle, but rather one or the other. Oh, and yeah, the stupid, unbalanced sawed off and retro lancer are both still there.

Honestly, I can't think of a single thing they've done that I think I will enjoy.