PDA

View Full Version : Injustice: Gods Among Us

cdj
05-31-2012, 10:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBoG45BkeBc

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and NetherRealm Studios have just unveiled Injustice: Gods Among Us, which is a superhero fighting game set in the DC Universe. Based on the debut trailer above, it appears as though something has turned the Earth's greatest heroes into the Earth's deadliest villains, who are now pitted against each other in mortal combat.

Spotted characters include Batman, Superman, the Flash, Wonder Woman, Harley Quinn (!!), Lex Luthor and Solomon Grundy, all of whom seem capable of delivering incredible amounts of damage to one another. Injustice: Gods Among Us will launch for on the PS3, 360 and Wii U sometime in 2013. [Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/31/warner-bros-announces-injustice-gods-among-us-a-new-dc-fighti/)]

JBHuskers
05-31-2012, 10:25 AM
NetherRealm Studios is who makes Mortal Kombat. DC Universe vs. Mortal Kombat was really tame and boring. This at least seems edgier.

morsdraconis
05-31-2012, 11:16 AM
:smh:

I REALLY wish this genre would just die already.

JeffHCross
05-31-2012, 10:25 PM
I REALLY wish this genre would just die already.Fighting? Or licensed fighting?

morsdraconis
06-01-2012, 05:17 AM
Fighting? Or licensed fighting?

Fighting games in general.

There hasn't been any innovation since Soul Caliber 2 and, since then, it's been nothing but comicbook characters vs other old ass properties (Street Fight, Mortal Kombat, Tekken, etc) or coming out with "new" games from old franchises (Street Fight, Mortal Kombat, and Tekken) while doing pretty much nothing new at all except for making them look pretty.

They just need to die already because I find it hard to believe that people are actually buying this shit and playing it for more than a few weeks before they get bored of it. Fighting games were meant for arcades where, for 25 cents, you could beat the shit out of someone standing next to you. No amount of voice chat and online multiplayer bullshit is going to bring that back so they REALLY need to just give it up already.

JeffHCross
06-01-2012, 06:05 PM
I find it hard to believe that people are actually buying this shit and playing it for more than a few weeks before they get bored of it.The general populace? No, probably not. But the tournament scene is still ridiculously popular.

JBHuskers
03-13-2013, 07:14 PM
I preordered the Collector's Edition. I'm not much of a CE grabber, but this looks nice. I'm still debating on getting it, I have a month to hit cancel.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91P13Q-gs7L._SL1500_.jpg

I OU a Beatn
03-13-2013, 08:57 PM
I have it ordered but I'm tempted to import the Europe edition. Much better statue, IMO(and they get a REALLY nice steel book):

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/news/injustice_collectors_edition.jpg

JBHuskers
03-13-2013, 09:29 PM
$100?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I OU a Beatn
03-13-2013, 09:41 PM
On Amazon.uk it comes out to around $110 shipped. My only thing is I'd want it for 360 and I'm not sure if 360 games are region free.

JBHuskers
03-13-2013, 09:56 PM
On Amazon.uk it comes out to around $110 shipped. My only thing is I'd want it for 360 and I'm not sure if 360 games are region free.

Why does mine come out to $78? Or 60.78 Euros.

I OU a Beatn
03-13-2013, 10:21 PM
I have no idea. I went through the checkout process again and it was 70.23 Euros for the 360 version. Final price in the cart seems to be different than on the product page.

Checking out with the PS3 version it comes out to the same price you got. Damn, I went ahead and locked that in. Damn good deal for what it comes with, IMO. I'll have to wait a week or so after launch for it arrive, but that'll be fine.

JBHuskers
03-13-2013, 10:24 PM
I have no idea. I went through the checkout process again and it was 70.23 Euros for the 360 version. Final price in the cart seems to be different than on the product page.

Checking out with the PS3 version it comes out to the same price you got. Damn, I went ahead and locked that in. Damn good deal for what it comes with, IMO. I'll have to wait a week or so after launch for it arrive, but that'll be fine.

Ditto. First time I've ever ordered from the UK site. Is the only difference longer ship times basically?

I OU a Beatn
03-13-2013, 10:37 PM
Yeah, everything else is the same. If you order the PS3 version, you don't even have to worry about region issues. Just make sure that if you do end up buying DLC later, I'm pretty sure the DLC has to be purchased from the same region the game disc is. That's about the only issue you would run into.

They also sometimes require a signature when the package is delivered, but not all the time. Out of the 9 or 10 times I've ordered stuff over there, I've had to sign for about half of them for some reason.

GatorfanStovy
03-13-2013, 11:48 PM
damn 100 bucks ouch. Looks nice. but I'll pass until a price drop .

cdj
03-28-2013, 09:33 AM
Injustice: Gods Among Us demo will be for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 beginning April 2

NatureBoy
04-03-2013, 07:37 AM
Did anyone download the demo and play it yet? I have had this game pre-ordered at Gamestop for awhile now.

GatorfanStovy
04-03-2013, 01:42 PM
I did try the demo wasn't impressed though. Control seemed hard to figure out only got two play wonder woman , batman and some villain . Graphics was pretty nice though.

JBHuskers
04-03-2013, 02:59 PM
Completely forgot to download the demo, but will tonight since I have this thing pre-ordered.

NatureBoy
04-06-2013, 02:43 PM
Injustice: Gods Among Us Achievements: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/injustice-gods-among-us/achievements/

cdj
04-12-2013, 12:41 PM
Here is the opening cinematic for the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IY_iFlUbMTk

JBHuskers
04-12-2013, 02:43 PM
Ended up cancelling my pre-order. Too much else to play, and Tiger 14 is taking up a good deal of my time too.

NatureBoy
04-12-2013, 07:44 PM
I saw this yesterday at Wal-Mart. Two games for the price of one is too good a deal to pass up. I'm going to cancel my pre-order from GameStop and buy it from Wal-Mart.

•Wal-Mart Exclusive content! Batman: Arkham City Skins and bonus copy of Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe packed inside

GatorfanStovy
04-14-2013, 10:21 AM
NVM wrong game lol.

NatureBoy
04-15-2013, 07:25 AM
I went to Gamestop yesterday and canceled my pre-order. The Store Manager asked me why I was canceling it and I told him about what Wal-Mart was offering. He got all pissed and mumbled something under his breath as he was giving me my money back.