PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't there a feature for me to import my dynasty from NCAA 12 to NCAA 13?

jcarne7
05-30-2012, 08:36 PM
I've wondered this for years. It makes perfect sense for everyone. One of the biggest thing that stops me from buying an NCAA game in any given year is A) I don't want to end my dynasty and B) The realization that my career with this new game will only last a short time. How cool would it be to be able to start a Dynasty with NCAA 13 and continue that same dynasty for years and years and years? I could put down NCAA after 4 or 5 months and come back and pick it up right before the next year's game comes out when I'm getting amped, then import it into the new game and keep things rolling? It seems like a no brainer and something that would be really easy to do.

souljahbill
05-30-2012, 08:38 PM
Here's another question: Why can't I import my dynasty team into Play Now?

JeffHCross
05-30-2012, 08:43 PM
:+1: to both. I've been wanting the ability to continue a dynasty since NCAA 2004. I've gone on record that, on more than one occasion, I've chosen not to get the following year's title, and instead continued to play my current dynasty. I can think of reasons why this wouldn't be possible in years past (i.e. when new ratings were introduced), but I'd love to see it. If nothing else, even if you couldn't "continue" the dynasty, being able to snap-shot the roster (or at least your team, which we'll get into next) would be "close enough" IMO.

While Play Now is lower on my list, it would be a nice feature in itself, and would help all those guys who want to be able to Practice with their Online Dynasty team, when it's unavailable in the OD (i.e. offseason, pre-season). It would also give people a way to continue a Dynasty after it's ended ... they could, potentially, export their OD team and then create a new Dynasty with that OD team.

It seems like a no brainer and something that would be really easy to do.It's only "easy" if the format of the dynasty (I mean actual file format, how it's saved on the console), teams that are in the dynasty, etc, don't change from year to year. I'd imagine that neither of those are true between any two versions of the game. Now, creating a converter shouldn't be outside the realm of possibility, but it's not "easy".

IBI
06-04-2012, 09:35 AM
When teambuilder came out for NCAA10 I did, sort of, continue my dynasty. I was in a 2009 OD, and, after the final season of that OD, a few of us created replica teams on the TB site. It was a painstaking task, but we were able to continue building the teams that we had been competing against each with since the beginning of the 2009 game.

What I'm doing now is running a promotion/relegation dynasty, and making everyone start with really bad teams. We started the OD pretty late in the process, so we've just finished our second season. I have shut the dynasty down for NCAA12, and we'll all be creating our TB teams, based on our current rosters and program attributes, soon. With the ability to download a .csv format roster, it makes the team creation a little better, but why not allow us to upload those .csv files directly to the TB website? Also, why not include all of the the player attributes in the .csv file? It would make the process a lot easier, and wouldn't be nearly as difficult to implement as converting an entire dynasty to a newer version of the game.

JeffHCross
06-04-2012, 08:09 PM
AFAIK, all the attributes except for Height & Weight are in the CSV file. What else is missing? It's been a while, so I might have forgotten something.

Uploading a CSV to the Teambuilder site would be awesome.

IBI
06-05-2012, 10:56 AM
AFAIK, all the attributes except for Height & Weight are in the CSV file. What else is missing? It's been a while, so I might have forgotten something.

Uploading a CSV to the Teambuilder site would be awesome.
Impact blocking is missing as well. I don't know if there's anything else, but I think that's it.

IBI
06-09-2012, 09:53 AM
Impact blocking is missing as well. I don't know if there's anything else, but I think that's it.
The Kick Return attribute is missing as well.

jaymo76
06-09-2012, 01:03 PM
The tough thing is trying to finish my last season of 12 now that I have played the demo. Both games have a very different feel. I hope that this feature gets some love in the TGT Tourney later on this year.

souljahbill
06-09-2012, 01:14 PM
The tough thing is trying to finish my last season of 12 now that I have played the demo. Both games have a very different feel. I hope that this feature gets some love in the TGT Tourney later on this year.

I feel the same way. I want to fulfill my promise of bringing a National Championship to my alma mater but 13 plays soooooo much better.

SmoothPancakes
06-09-2012, 01:21 PM

I feel the same way. I want to fulfill my promise of bringing a National Championship to my alma mater but 13 plays soooooo much better.

Yep, I still have four games (plus a potential bowl game) left to play in my current season of my coaching carousel dynasty, and then because we don't have a transfer dynasty option, I get to spend the rest of June going through the process of typing every single rating for every player on my team (be it still FIU if I decide to stay or another team if I decide to leave since it's a contract year) in an excel file so I can go through the process of "creating" all those players on the team's roster in NCAA 13. :fp:

JeffHCross
06-09-2012, 02:41 PM
The tough thing is trying to finish my last season of 12 now that I have played the demo.And to think I was planning to start an NCAA 11 dynasty this week. Yeah, so much for that.

an excel file so I can go through the process of "creating" all those players on the team's roster in NCAA 13. :fp::violin: It took me 3+ years ;)

SmoothPancakes
06-09-2012, 03:00 PM
And to think I was planning to start an NCAA 11 dynasty this week. Yeah, so much for that.

:violin: It took me 3+ years ;)

:D Yeah, I neither expect nor deserve sympathy from you when it comes to manually going through and "creating" a new roster on a team name by name and rating by rating, not after some of the stuff you've done in the past.

jaymo76
06-09-2012, 03:15 PM
I'm not going to recreate any players from my current team just because of the time issue. However, I will surely schedule CAL in my first season with whichever team I am for 13. I have never used CAL before and I don't expect to ever use them again but it was fun while it lasted.

SmoothPancakes
06-09-2012, 03:29 PM
I'm not going to recreate any players from my current team just because of the time issue. However, I will surely schedule CAL in my first season with whichever team I am for 13. I have never used CAL before and I don't expect to ever use them again but it was fun while it lasted.

Well, now that I think about it. I could probably get away with not transferring over my team IF I leave Florida International after my current season and go somewhere else. I'll just auto name the rosters and manually name all the coaches and set their alma maters (me and mors did this last year with Fairdale King's rosters, I named the coaches and set their alma maters for teams A through something like L or M, then mors took over and did the rest of the teams. We did the same thing with finding all the alma maters, working together in a Google Docs spreadsheet and filling in the blanks as we found them), then just jump into the dynasty as if nothing had changed.

That would definitely save me the hassle and time. The only issue would be if I end up tempted to sign an extension with FIU so I can stick around for Storm Johnson's senior year and watch him abuse defenses (Storm Johnson as my starting HB with the improved running in NCAA 13. :drool:) for his final season before finally jumping ship after, presumably, the second and final year of my extension.

JeffHCross
06-09-2012, 03:52 PM
One thing I did one year, Smooth, was just fast forward my dynasty 4 years or so, so I got rid of all the real-life players, and then took a job at some low-level team that wanted me.

oweb26
06-09-2012, 04:30 PM
I have been asking for a play now feature in. OD since it has been a feature. I would love to play some members just as a scrimmage type thing.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

JeffHCross
06-09-2012, 05:42 PM
I have been asking for a play now feature in. OD since it has been a feature. I would love to play some members just as a scrimmage type thing. Or, if you could export a Dynasty / Online Dynasty team, then you could use it in all modes. Potentially.