PDA

View Full Version : NFL 2K13 (APF 2k8 Mod) Drops MIDNIGHT TONIGHT!!

t2jbird
05-30-2012, 06:30 PM
CHECK IT OUT. This was all done by one person.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS6gc7Lb578&list=PL0BA6E900820D1013&index= 20&feature=plpp_video

gschwendt
05-30-2012, 06:40 PM
It's ashame that this is only available for 360 as if it were on PS3 I'd try it out. Only problem though, as I understand it, you can play offline head to head with various teams and you can use a team in season mode, but you can't use multiple teams in a season (ie you can only swap in the team you control). I could be wrong about that but that's how I understood it in the tutorial.

Regardless though, if done correctly, I can imagine this is a lot of free work to do on a five year old game.

JeffHCross
05-30-2012, 06:41 PM
Note: This is Xbox 360 only. Very appreciative of the effort the various mod makers have done over the years though, wish I could take advantage of more of their work.

It's ashame that this is only available for 360 as if it were on PS3 I'd try it out.My understanding is that it's a limitation of the way PS3 does save files (or, rather, it's an advantage of the way 360 does theirs), rather than a conscious choice by most of the mod makers. Important distinction, IMO.

ram29jackson
05-30-2012, 06:44 PM
Yes , I am/was a fan boy of all the subtle animations and movements in the game that make madden look like junk.

but the fact is, the game was/is far too incomplete and sketchy and doesnt matter anymore.....and I still made better uniforms than anyone else on the game :)

t2jbird
05-30-2012, 07:17 PM
Yes , I am/was a fan boy of all the subtle animations and movements in the game that make madden look like junk.

but the fact is, the game was/is far too incomplete and sketchy and doesnt matter anymore.....and I still made better uniforms than anyone else on the game :)

Well then, better than anyone? How about a :West_Virginia: uniform? Reply with the uniform code. :P

ram29jackson
05-30-2012, 07:24 PM
Well then, better than anyone? How about a :West_Virginia: uniform? Reply with the uniform code. :P

the uniform code was another dumb idea...too long etc

I made my own fictional stuff, copying what already exists is boring

t2jbird
05-30-2012, 07:38 PM
the uniform code was another dumb idea...too long etc

I made my own fictional stuff, copying what already exists is boring

Not if im making geno smith and co. I wanna experience WVU in the Big 12 and against a rival, in true SIM fashion haha

ram29jackson
05-30-2012, 08:49 PM
Not if im making geno smith and co. I wanna experience WVU in the Big 12 and against a rival, in true SIM fashion haha

like i've heard said before..theres no sim games,only sim players

JeffHCross
05-30-2012, 09:08 PM
There are plenty of SIM games ... just not on consoles, and usually not with graphics :D

JBHuskers
05-30-2012, 10:30 PM
There are plenty of SIM games ... just not on consoles, and usually not with graphics :D

http://www.mcpnews.com/clickball/screen2.jpg

Rudy
05-31-2012, 05:13 AM
Tommy, APF 2K8 looked like crap on the PS3. The framerate was horrible and the player models not very detailed. I picked it up and was pretty disappointed at the time. I made a comment on OS that I thought about popping it into a PS2 because it looked like a PS2 game (didn't go over very well).

The main things that bugged me about 2K8 were that it felt and looked very similar to 2K5 on my PS2. It was refined but there were big drawbacks. Only a single season mode - no franchise. And all the teams were filled with generic players other than a handful of guys and you couldn't edit everybody from what I remember. I loved having Marino but over half my catches were going to guys that were nobodies. I tried the uniform codes but they were so long I was always getting the code wrong when entering and just gave up.