PDA

View Full Version : WWE '13 Thread

cdj
05-24-2012, 02:52 PM
It appears the teaser trailer video for the game has been leaked (or it's an excellent fan video).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GisvM0Z1MBE

No word (yet) from THQ.

NatureBoy
05-24-2012, 10:44 PM
WWE 13 Trailer Leaked (http://playersofamerica.com/?p=949)

Credit: Players Of America.com

JeffHCross
05-25-2012, 01:13 PM
( Video removed by user )

Great video.

cdj
05-28-2012, 09:00 PM
Based on my Twitter timeline, it sounds like cover was unveiled on RAW tonight.

Also:
IGN will have world exclusive debut of #WWE13 tomorrow. Includes interview with @CMPunk, first details (Attitude Era!) and more. #RAW

JeffHCross
05-28-2012, 09:09 PM
The Attitude era is, by far, the only way I'll be sucked into getting WWE 13. And I don't mean that like I'm going unwillingly ... I mean that a properly included Attitude Era would be enough to get me to pre-order tomorrow.

souljahbill
05-29-2012, 06:16 AM
Everyone loved the Attitude era. Stone Cold, The Rock, DX, etc. It was SOOOOO entertaining to watch in college. I can't even watch 10 minutes of Raw these days.

SmoothPancakes
05-29-2012, 06:29 AM
Everyone loved the Attitude era. Stone Cold, The Rock, DX, etc. It was SOOOOO entertaining to watch in college. I can't even watch 10 minutes of Raw these days.

This. I used to watch all the time back then, now, I don't think I've actually sat down and watched any wrestling, be it Raw, Smackdown, whatever, since probably 2004, 2005, something like that.

JBHuskers
05-29-2012, 02:42 PM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/WWE13.jpg

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/WWE13a.jpg

NatureBoy
05-29-2012, 04:33 PM
Last summer, one man revolutionized the current WWE landscape. In a legendary moment at the end of Monday Night Raw, WWE Superstar CM Punk – as The Voice of the Voiceless – changed everything the world knew about WWE. Through his words and actions, a new leader emerged to set a higher standard, convey a new brand of attitude and ultimately ignite a revolution among the WWE Universe. His mantra? "Best in the World."

It’s not the first time WWE has seen such rebellion. Nearly 15 years ago, the legendary "Stone Cold" Steve Austin also revolutionized the WWE realm, sparking a new generation of supporters through his relentless, antihero behavior in one of WWE’s most celebrated time periods: the Attitude Era. Why did it happen? In his words, "'Cause Stone Cold said so."

Today, a new crusade is on the horizon, and it doesn’t start with an iconic WWE Superstar on television, online or at a live event. WWE '13 is imminent, and it’s time to Live the Revolution.

THQ’s flagship WWE videogame franchise returns to provide the most authentic, seamless and passionate experience to date – all while turning up the attitude. WWE '13 will transform WWE gameplay through the introduction of WWE Live™, completely changing the way players embrace the videogame’s audio and presentation elements. Predator Technology™ returns to further implement critical gameplay improvements, while fan favorites in WWE Universe Mode and the franchise’s renowned Creation Suite are poised to offer the utmost in player freedom. Furthermore, WWE '13 will introduce a groundbreaking, single-player campaign based on the highly influential Attitude Era. Complete with a robust roster – the largest to date in the franchise – along with a host of additional features, WWE '13 is ready to live a revolution all its own.

KEY FEATURES

•WWE LIVE™ – Experience the atmosphere, spectacle and fervor of a WWE live event through attention-grabbing Spectacular Moments, including ring breaks and barricade crashes, along with a brand new audio and presentation system designed to produce the most authentic and vibrant commentary, sound effects and crowd participation levels ever experienced in a WWE videogame.

•THE ATTITUDE IS BACK – Return to an unparalleled and groundbreaking era in WWE history – a time of pure raucousness, grandiose personalities and colossal revolution – through a franchise-first single player campaign focused on eight purveyors of attitude during the famed television "Monday Night Wars," including WWE Hall of Famer "Stone Cold" Steve Austin.

•WWE UNIVERSE 3.0 – Control the virtual WWE experience like never before in the popular career-style mode, as individual decisions throughout gameplay will dynamically introduce matches, alliances, rivalries and unpredictable moments along the path toward becoming a WWE Champion.

•PREDATOR TECHNOLOGY™ 2.0 – Driven by new animations, transitions and modified controls, Predator Technology returns to deliver intelligent, fluid and engaging WWE action, resulting in a smoother gameplay experience than its predecessors.

•CREATE + SHARE – Utilize the franchise’s industry-defining Creation Suite to develop and customize Superstars, entrances, arenas, finishing moves, storylines, highlight reels and more, as well as share and download creations with others from around the world.

•DISTINGUISHED ROSTER – Compete with a vast array of WWE Superstars and Attitude Era luminaries from the largest roster in franchise history, including cover Superstar CM Punk, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, Sheamus, Undertaker, Mankind, Chris Jericho, Big Show and Mark Henry.

•SURPRISES IN STORE – Live the Revolution through future announcements, including additional game features, a comprehensive roster reveal, downloadable content and big surprises.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/thq/wwe-13/wwe-13-press-release

JeffHCross
05-29-2012, 07:56 PM
The attention being paid to CM Punk is definitely going to keep my eye on this release, but I'm a little disappointed in the leaked roster. The trailer had a clip of the nWo, so I was hoping for at least a handful of former WCW wrestlers ... didn't see any. We'll see what else comes out about the title though.

Does seem obvious, from the roster, that Stone Cold vs DX (WM14) will be one of the single-player storyline choices.

NatureBoy
05-29-2012, 10:25 PM
Now for the roster that we know of so far.

WWE
1.Alberto Del Rio
2.Alicia Fox
3.Beth Phoenix
4.Big Show
5.Booker T
6.Brie Bella
7.Brock Lesnar
8.Brodus Clay
9.CM Punk
10.Chris Jericho
11.Christian
12.Cody Rhodes
13.Daniel Bryan
14.David Otunga
15.Dolph Ziggler
16.Epico
17.Eve
18.Heath Slater
19.Hunico
20.Jack Swagger
21.Jinder Mahal
22.John Cena
23.Justin Gabriel
24.Kane
25.Kelly Kelly
26.Kevin Nash
27.Kharma
28.Kofi Kingston
29.Mark Henry
30.Nikki Bella
31.Primo
32.R-Truth
33.Randy Orton
34.Rey Mysterio
35.Santino Marella
36.Sheamus
37.Sin Cara
38.Ted DiBiase
39.The Great Khali
40.The Miz
41.The Rock
42.Triple H
43.Undertaker
44.Wade Barrett
45.Zack Ryder

ATTITUDE ERA
1.Animal
2.Big Bossman
3.Big Show (Attitude)
4.Billy Gunn
5.Bret Hart
6.British Bulldog
7.Cactus Jack
8.Chris Jericho (Attitude)
9.Christian (Attitude)
10.Dude Love
11.Eddie Guerrero
12.Edge
13.Godfather
14.Hawk
15.Kane (Attitude)
16.Ken Shamrock
17.Lita
18.Mankind
19.Mark Henry (Attitude)
20.Mike Tyson
21.Mr. McMahon
22.Road Dogg
23.Shane McMahon
24.Shawn Michaels
25.Stephanie McMahon
26.Stone Cold
27.The Rock (Attitude)
28.Triple H (Attitude)
29.Trish Stratus
30.Undertaker (Attitude)
31.Vader
32.X-Pac

http://zoknowsgaming.com/2012/05/29/wwe-13-game-details-revealed-full-roster-leaks-road-wrestlemania-dead/

cdj
05-29-2012, 10:37 PM
Given how their are so many references to the WWF/WWE vs. WCW battles, it makes you wonder if some WCW wrestlers will be in as well.

JBHuskers
05-30-2012, 11:28 AM
JESUS.

I like what I see.

Guessing the Attitude stuff is a Road To Wrestlemania style mode.

I really hope Universe 3.0 goes the Online Dynasty route. If so, day one purchase...if it isn't already.

JeffHCross
05-30-2012, 06:46 PM
Universe 3.0 -- online? Gah, no way would I play that unless THQ makes drastic improvements to their server system and stability.

Given how their are so many references to the WWF/WWE vs. WCW battles, it makes you wonder if some WCW wrestlers will be in as well.Sure would think so, which makes the leaked roster a total headscratcher.

JBHuskers
05-30-2012, 07:47 PM
Universe 3.0 -- online? Gah, no way would I play that unless THQ makes drastic improvements to their server system and stability.

Sure would think so, which makes the leaked roster a total headscratcher.

At least THQ got away from Gamespy. Now they just have to get their own shit in order.

NatureBoy
06-19-2012, 07:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv3ciEWi9ls

cdj
07-16-2012, 12:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUxKKaEkzuw

THQ announced a new ‘Collector’s Edition’ for their upcoming wrestling title ‘WWE 13′. The new CE will feature legendary wrestler Stone Cold Steve Austin and come with an assortment of free DLC and extras. You can get the latest details and watch the trailer below.

In a press-release sent out from THQ publishing earlier today, the company talks about the new Collector’s Edition:

The “Austin 3:16” Collector’s Edition is currently scheduled to offer the following items:

Exclusive foil packaging featuring embossed Stone Cold Steve Austin skull
Exclusive collectible art card personally autographed by Stone Cold Steve Austin
Exclusive Stone Cold Steve Austin in-game attire: red skull t-shirt (circa 2001)
Exclusive Stone Cold Steve Austin in-game ATV ring entrance
“Stone Cold Steve Austin: The Bottom Line on the Most Popular Superstar of All Time” (DVD)
Disc #4 in series (available to PlayStation 3 system and Xbox 360 customers)
Copy of WWE ’13 videogame
Access to WWE Hall of Famer and WWE ’13 global pre-order offer Mike Tyson playable character

JBHuskers
07-16-2012, 12:53 PM
Saw that on YouTube today, wonder what the price will be. The new SCSA DVD is awesome. Just watched it.

cdj
07-29-2012, 07:08 PM
- New blog (http://wwe.thq.com/go/article/view/259345/wwe-13-gets-really-real-with-wwe-live-and-predator-technology-20) & video on audio improvements

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzWf6G6xgdU

cdj
08-21-2012, 09:15 AM
Roster Reveal Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFEyzKJzXSU&feature=g-all-u

JeffHCross
08-21-2012, 08:07 PM
Some of those models are so good ... but some are just so, so bad.

cdj
08-22-2012, 12:16 PM
Attitude Era Mode Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx_k59Up06U&feature=g-all-u

JBHuskers
08-22-2012, 12:23 PM
Damn that is going to be awesome.

souljahbill
08-22-2012, 01:50 PM
I haven't played a wrestling game since No Mercy but this is going on my Christmas list.

cdj
08-22-2012, 04:03 PM
IGN Previews Attitude Era Mode (http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/22/wwe-13-reliving-the-attitude-era)

CLW
08-22-2012, 04:37 PM
I'm intrigued but I'll probably pass initially at least and probably just GameFly it.

JeffHCross
08-22-2012, 06:47 PM
Fuck. Halfway through that video I wasn't interested at all, then they showed that it's basically RtWM but with the Attitude Era guys ........ might get this just for that. Would be a sure buy if any of them were WCW instead of WWE, but I know that's way too much to ask :D

IGN Previews Attitude Era Mode (http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/22/wwe-13-reliving-the-attitude-era)

To this day, some wrestling fans regard that time as the peak of the WWE, with few modern moments approaching what occurred in the late ‘90s.Some fans? Try most.

SCClassof93
08-22-2012, 06:53 PM
I'm intrigued but I'll probably pass initially at least and probably just GameFly it.

Universe mode is what I wait for the reviews on :nod:

cdj
08-23-2012, 12:17 PM
Community Write-ups on WWE 13 (on announced info):

- Scott Burress, Operation Sports (http://www.operationsports.com/previews/159/wwe-13/)

So onto the reason you’re even reading this article, WWE ’13. The roster has over 80 characters this year. Some are duplicates; there are 3 Triple H’s and 3 Mick Foley’s (Mankind, Dude Love, Cactus Jack) for example. This was a necessary evil for the Attitude Era Mode. The story this year takes place between the years 1997-1999 covering the main section of the era. Since many of the guys on the roster went through gimmick changes during that period, the multiple characters were needed. Triple H has his “Hunter Hearst Helmsley” blueblood gimmick (music and all) ,which then goes into his DX gimmick, which as we know is different than the current Triple H, which is on the main roster. Some may find issue with it, but for crowd pops, moves, music, etc, it was needed.

The Attitude Era mode has 8 different stories, including DX, Steve Austin, Mankind, Undertaker, The Rock, and Bret Hart stories to cover. Over 65 matches to complete the entire mode, and around 20 WWE produced videos to get your blood pumping when the stories begin. The videos are the normal top notch WWE affair that you see every single Monday and Friday night on the programming and like the ones that were in Legends of Wrestlemania and WWE All-Stars. The two I was able to see both blew me away with production value and nostalgia. Also these videos are unlocked to be able to be seen at any later point.

The mode also has a ratings section, with based on where you are in the story mode, will give you what’s going on in WCW land, as well as the current TV ratings for each show (Raw/Nitro). It was a nice little touch to even suck you deeper into the mode. Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler call the matches in this mode, there are numerous Pay-Per-View arenas from the era, and even the crowd is set up like an Attitude Era crowd, you’ll see old school shirts, even some WCW shirts like the nWo shirt.

- Rudy Colon, Kona's Korner (http://konaskorner.com/2012/08/23/wwe-13-hands-on-preview/)

Reliving moments in eight different stages like the formation of Degeneration-X, the epic battles between “Stone Cold” Steve Austin and The Rock, the screw job in Montreal, Mankind winning his first WWE Championship, and more; players will be able to play from late 1997 all the way to Wrestlemania XV. Whether or not you remember how things happen, THQ does everything to show players what happen between each storyline by providing more than 20 videos explaining the situations. They are all masterfully done thanks to the help by WWE and these videos help players relive these moments while also explaining how or why they were so important. There are 65 playable matches, objectives, historical objectives, and even a rating chart showing what the ratings between Nitro and Raw were at that specific time. Not to mention over 100 unlockables in this one mode alone.

The match I played was Road Dogg vs. Stone Cold. As I start the match, Road Dogg and Billy Gunn are making their way down to the ring. At this point, you can hear JR and King talk about the situation, but more on the commentary a little later. The objective I played was to run down the ring with “Stone Cold” and beat Road Dogg. The historical objective was to do so within two minutes and hit him with a stunner. Aware that Billy is at ringside and knowing he is able to distract the ref, I ran to the ring, hit him with a Stone Cold Stunner, and went after Road Dogg. So as I beat the life out of Road Dogg and manage to do so with 16 seconds left on the clock, the game goes straight to the next scene. No loading, or celebrations, it just goes to the rest of DX entering the ring and attacking Austin. It ends with Austin’s arms tied up on the top rope after being beaten down by DX and HBK rubbing the title against his face and talking smack.

Not only did I recreate the scene in my own way by stunning Billy before the match started, but I completed the objectives and watched the story unfold the way it actually happened. This is what you can expect in Attitude Era mode.

- Nicholas Tan, GameRevolution.com (http://www.gamerevolution.com/preview/wwe-13)

Those who fidget at the mention of D-Generation X and “Stone Cold” Steve Austin in the first paragraph will be overjoyed to discover that WWE '13 has backslammed the storylines from last year's title in favor of reintroducing one of the most nostalgic times in pro wrestling history: the Attitude Era. This isn't some terrible, insubstantial hook where maybe one or two old-school wrestlers become available as DLC characters or as bonuses for pre-ordering the title (that's reserved for Mike Tyson as a bonus for pre-ordering at GameStop). The 80+-character roster has been split through the middle, dividing wrestlers of the modern era from those of the Attitude Era while simultaneously suggesting that this is not going to be an ordinary WWE title.

WWE '13 will take players down memory lane by challenging them to reenact the most memorable matches of the time period, with the likes of The Rock, Mankind, The Undertaker, Brett Hart, Ken Shamrock, and Eddie Guerrero. Satisfying the general requirement of winning is easy enough, but nailing all the historical objectives as well like winning in a particular fashion or performing a specific move at the appropriate time is more difficult. As you complete the objectives of each match, you'll progress from one superstar to the next from 1997 to 2002, during which the ratings for the then WWF overtook that of its only rival WCW, and earn all sorts of unlockables and bonus galleries.

- JPLS, Game of Rings (http://gameofrings.com/wwe-13-hands-on-preview/)

WWE ’13′s story mode looks to be the best in the history of wrestling games. I don’t want to go into the details of the actual stories, as spoilers are no fun for anyone, but I can’t imagine anyone being let down here. Unlike Road to WrestleMania, players actually have complete control of their matches, but in Attitude Mode there are optional objectives, which you can toggle on/off the HUD. Completing objectives provide further cut-scenes, and probably achievements in the long run, but they are not forced on the player. It also seems that the amount of backstage brawling has been scaled back extremely, at least in terms of how the stories play out. All of your favorite moments from the Attitude Era are NAILED completely. You can tell they wanted to be faithful to the story by bringing guys like Tyson, and Ken Shamrock, into the fold to recreate specific matches perfectly.

One of my favorite little features of Attitude Era Mode is the fact that you can look at the Head-to-head ratings between Raw/Nitro at any time during the story. As someone who grew up during the Monday Night Wars, I appreciate this quite a bit. Don’t sleep on the pre-match video packages during Attitude Era Mode, either, since they are made by the WWE production team. I’ve always said no one does a hype video better than the WWE, and now we get to see them re-package the most historic time in the history of the business. I look forward to the videos just as much as I do the actual gameplay. After the well-told story, but poor execution of Road to WrestleMania, I’m looking forward to a wrestling story mode, and that’s saying a lot.

- Showtime's WWE Games Blog (http://wwegamesuniverse.blogspot.ca/2012/08/wwe-13-hands-on-impressions.html)

As I’m sure all of you watched live over the weekend, the roster reveal for WWE ’13 was simply massive! The biggest roster in WWE Games history, but THQ wasn’t willing to stop there. Cory Ledesma noted during the press event that with the inclusion of DLC characters, WWE ’13’s final roster number would be over one hundred! That’s right folks, over 100 superstars, divas, and legends will make up WWE ’13 once DLC is all said and done…Are you ready? You should be!

When it comes to gameplay, those of you familiar with the control schemes and gameplay from WWE ’12 will feel right at home when you pick up a controller to play WWE ’13. While the basic gameplay mechanics of last year feel the same, the amount of polish and new animations that have been added will be very evident to any hardcore WWE Games player.

The entire experience feels much smoother than last year, with moves connecting every time exactly how they’re supposed to. Which was a very big complaint among fans with WWE ’12 so it was very refreshing to see things like that get taken care of in this year’s game.

One of the new match types making its long awaited return this WWE Games this year is the Special Referee Match. But don't think its all fun and games as the referee this time, if you step out of line too many times...None other than Johnny Ace himself will come out with a new referee and eject you from the match (voice over work and all). So make sure you're a fair referee, or you might be wished well in your future endeavors.

JBHuskers
08-23-2012, 12:24 PM
Another one for you:

- Matt Black, WWE Games Universe (http://wwegamesuniverse.blogspot.com/2012/08/wwe-13-hands-on-impressions.html)

The entire experience feels much smoother than last year, with moves connecting every time exactly how they’re supposed to. Which was a very big complaint among fans with WWE ’12 so it was very refreshing to see things like that get taken care of in this year’s game.

To think there are so many things left to be revealed, Universe 3.0…the rest of the creation suites…online features and modes…and who knows what other surprises THQ has up their sleeves for us to reveal between now and October 30th.

SCClassof93
08-23-2012, 12:33 PM
Another one for you:

- Matt Black, WWE Games Universe (http://wwegamesuniverse.blogspot.com/2012/08/wwe-13-hands-on-impressions.html)

To think there are so many things left to be revealed, Universe 3.0…the rest of the creation suites…online features and modes…and who knows what other surprises THQ has up their sleeves for us to reveal between now and October 30th.

Sounding good so far :nod:. J.B. we need a Tailgate Federation :nod:

cdj
08-23-2012, 12:39 PM
Sounding good so far :nod:. J.B. we need a Tailgate Federation :nod:

I played WWE 12 and I don't even know....is there any sort of online league component (or something similar?). Man, if they added/have something like that with this roster, that could be a blast.

JBHuskers
08-23-2012, 12:49 PM
We were hoping Online Universe would make it's way into the game. It still could be part of Universe 3.0.

CLW
08-23-2012, 12:50 PM
I played WWE 12 and I don't even know....is there any sort of online league component (or something similar?). Man, if they added/have something like that with this roster, that could be a blast.

Yeah if they added an Online Federation mode I'd be all for some TWF!

cdj
08-23-2012, 12:51 PM
Yeah if they added an Online Federation mode I'd be all for some TWF!

Same here. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! That would be a blast.

SCClassof93
08-23-2012, 12:54 PM
I can still book a Federation even with out the mode......as long as everyone uses created wrestlers from the 80s :D

CLW
09-10-2012, 11:54 AM
Achievement/Trophy List:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/wwe-13/achievements/

cdj
09-18-2012, 08:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lDbNwnu6J4&feature=player_profilepage

cdj
09-24-2012, 09:29 PM
WWE 13 DX Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co9ONs491Z0

SCClassof93
09-25-2012, 05:37 AM
Still nothing on Universe mode? Not a good sign.

cdj
09-25-2012, 07:26 AM
I saw something yesterday on Twitter that Universe Mode info is yet to come. It seemed (IMO) to imply significant changes; at least more than a few tweaks, but who knows.

NatureBoy
09-25-2012, 07:29 AM
:up: I only owe Gamestop five more bucks on my pre-order and this game will be mine.

cdj
09-26-2012, 10:56 PM
http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/thq/wwe13/wwe0921-610.jpg

THQ is bringing back an old favorite with WWE '13, the punishing I Quit match type. In this submission-based mode, players beat their opponents by forcing them to utter the words "I quit."

The mode hasn't been featured in the franchise for about eight years. The one-on-one allows combatants to use anything within reach to annihilate their foe. Once the opposing grappler hits the ground, players can activate the I Quit minigame. At that point, refs hold microphones near the fallen wrestler's face. That player then has to beat a swinging-target minigame before the words "I quit" are completed.

Here's an exhaustive explanation of the mode from THQ:

- When your opponent is in a grounded state, press the B button (360 controls)/pin button to summon the referee to the grounded opponent. The referee will kneel down next to the grounded opponent and place a microphone in front of their face. It’s at this point that the I Quit mini-game is triggered. Stop the moving cursor within the designated target zone before the words “I Quit” fully materialize on screen to inform the referee of your desire to continue the match. If the opponent is unable to complete the mini-game in time, they’ll automatically quit the match wherein they will be declared the loser. If a Superstar is in possession of a stored finisher icon they can use it to automatically win the mini-game and continue the match. However, doing so will result in the loss of that finisher icon. This option should only be used when you’re at your most desperate.

- When an opponent is in the midst of performing the I Quit mini-game, the attacking Superstar can utilize an Intimidation taunt (by pressing one of the directional buttons on the d-pad) to increase the difficulty of the mini-game. Performing an Intimidation taunt will cause the mini-game meter to shake violently, which in turn makes it that much harder for the defender to complete the mini-game in time. Use of Intimidation results in a loss of momentum for the attacker so think twice before using it. If the attacker doesn’t have a sufficient amount of momentum within their meter the Intimidation taunt can’t be used.

- The I Quit mini-game can also be triggered by applying a Breaking Point submission hold on an opponent. Just like grounded situations, the referee will position themselves near the trapped defender wherein they’ll position the microphone in front of their face. Complete the mini-game successfully to break out of the submission hold and continue the match. Failure to break out in time will result in a loss.

In addition to I Quit mode, WWE '13 allows players to create their own King of the Ring tournaments. After choosing the number of participants (4, 8, or 16), you can select your match types (Hell in a Cell, Ladder, Table, etc.). If you win, your guy sits on a throne.

Courtesy: Game Informer (http://www.gameinformer.com/games/wwe_13/b/xbox360/archive/2012/09/21/king-of-the-ring-i-quit-matches-coming-to-wwe-39-13.aspx)

NatureBoy
10-01-2012, 01:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Nz0xTStwew&feature=player_embedded

The revolution is coming, courtesy of WWE Games and the Best in the World, CM Punk.

cdj
10-03-2012, 06:27 PM
THQ, makers of the upcoming WWE '13 video game scheduled for release on October 30, have revealed twenty-one downloadable characters that will be available to purchase when the game is launched on October 30.

Current Era: AJ Lee and Damien Sandow (already announced), Antonio Cesaro, Drew McIntyre, Layla, Natalya, Ryback, Tensai, The Usos (Jimmy & Jey), Yoshi Tatsu.

Attitude Era: Mike Tyson (pre-order bonus), Brian Pillman, Chainsaw Charlie (Terry Funk), Diamond Dallas Page, Gangrel, Goldust, Rikishi, Too Cool (Scotty 2 Hotty & Grandmaster Sexay), Val Venis.

In addition, more content will be included as DLC such as Ministry Undertaker Attire, Brock Lesnar's Kimura Lock and John Cena's 2004 United States Spinner Title.

CLW
10-04-2012, 10:55 AM
REALLY surprised no "online Federation Mode" as I would really want to be apart of that. This game has been solid the last few years but the offline mode and random online play just doesn't justify a $60 purchase for me.

SCClassof93
10-04-2012, 11:20 AM
REALLY surprised no "online Federation Mode" as I would really want to be apart of that. This game has been solid the last few years but the offline mode and random online play just doesn't justify a $60 purchase for me.

We could do a TGF without the mode. Someone has to book events/matches each week and update the forum. I would volunteer but life has gotten hectic of late and will most likely stay that way through March/April.

JBHuskers
10-08-2012, 12:22 PM
This looks badass, and very awesome that Paul Heyman had a lot of input on this mode.

Trailer for WWE Universe 3.0:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95ZewhSMZUs&feature=g-all-u

JeffHCross
10-08-2012, 06:23 PM
Damnit, I may have to buy it now.

SCClassof93
10-09-2012, 03:31 PM
Oh my!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=01Y1DbCiXYQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rCXbZOhcoVw

SCClassof93
10-09-2012, 03:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8HZeazChaBM#!

souljahbill
10-09-2012, 04:44 PM
Oh my!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=01Y1DbCiXYQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rCXbZOhcoVw

Aww! I can't name a belt The People's Championship. :(

NatureBoy
10-15-2012, 05:28 PM
Play WWE '13 before October 30, 2012

Participate in the WWE '13 demo at these participating Best Buy stores.

Yes, October 30 and the official release of WWE '13 are only two weeks away, but how would you like to play your new favorite game RIGHT NOW?

Fortunately, WWE Games has formed an unstoppable tag team with our friends at Best Buy, setting up WWE '13 demo stations across the country. The roll-out has already begun, but as it will be ongoing throughout the week make sure that you check in with your local Best Buy before heading over.

http://wwe.thq.com/go/article/view/260425/play-wwe-13-before-october-30-2012

JeffHCross
10-15-2012, 08:01 PM
Sadly, I imagine they're using that as reasoning for not putting out a demo (again).

NatureBoy
10-15-2012, 08:52 PM
Mick Foley stars in virtual Attitude Era

When professional wrestling legend Mick Foley remembers his time in WWE’s famed Attitude Era, his mind is marked not only by the period’s uptick in vulgarity and violence, but for the goofy brand of humor he helped bring to the show, thanks to special moments like the hilarious “This is your life” segment on The Rock’s birthday (not to mention introducing the world to Mr. Socko).

“The era was more than just how many times we could hit each other with a steel chair or how far someone could get thrown off a cage,” Foley says as we meet up at THQ’s “WWE 13” preview event in New York City. “There was always this sense of fun in the Attitude Era. It wasn’t just cursing and violence. There was still some good family entertainment mixed in with some of the debauchery.”

And that’s exactly the type of recipe THQ is trying to create in their video game, mixing the nonstop action of TLC and Hell in a Cell matches with cut scenes and storylines from the era that will not only leave your heart pounding, but thoroughly entertained the way only The Rock ‘N’ Sock Connection could.

ESPN Playbook: Today is the first time you’re seeing your character’s storyline in the “WWE 13” Attitude Era mode. How do you think they captured your life in the game?

Mick Foley: I’m featured more in this game than I was when I was actually in my prime. I’m really excited about it. I didn’t realize how few Attitude Era guys were getting their own storylines, so it’s really flattering. When I first heard I was going to be in the video game, I just figured I’d be one of those random guys you unlock. Then I saw the commercial online and I was really flattered and blown away by the faith WWE has put in me. As we speak, I’m watching somebody play as me during the Mind Games pay-per-view against Shawn Michaels, and to me, that’s almost a precursor of the Attitude Era. You saw a lot of things in that match that went on to become the Attitude Era. They have Shawn Michaels down perfect, too. That’s what he was wearing that night. That’s the way his hair looked, for better or worse, that’s the way my hair looked, for better or worse, and I’m still in that classic brown Mankind outfit, which was never the best fashion idea. But I cannot say enough good things about this game.

One of the interesting things before the Attitude Era is how you had the ugly brown outfit and Steve Austin was originally the Ring Master and The Rock had his poofy hair, but you guys all went out and changed your fortunes based on letting more of your real personalities out. If you guys didn’t take the ball and run, would we have even seen an Attitude Era?

I think you’re on to something here. And this is not a knock on The Rock and Stone Cold, because Mankind was featured pretty prominently, even in brown. But I still had to tweak some things, but Stone Cold and The Rock, they were literally at dead ends. I don’t know how close The Rock came to being released, but I believe it had to be close. But they reinvented themselves by becoming extensions of themselves rather than just being a one-dimensional character. The guy you saw when Rocky Maivia came out with the hair and all smiles, that’s not who he was. Turn the volume all the way up on who he is, and he becomes The Rock. Just like if you’re reading this and you don’t think my personality is interesting enough to be featured in a video game, but if you turn the volume all the way up, it was just an extension of ourselves.

WWE diehards will love the chance to play with Attitude Era stars like The Rock and Mankind.Do you think the WWE performers today have that same ability, to go out there and try to make it by being extensions of who they are in real life?

I think you can always learn lessons by the guys who came before you. Guys in the current product, and I love the current product, but they have to be a little bit more imaginative because they can’t go to such physical and verbal extremes like we did. But I think there was always a lot of pressure, and that’s pressure in a good way, for us to come up with our own characters and our own verbiage, and we sank or swam depending on how good our own stuff was. You’re seeing guys who are doing this today in CM Punk and Daniel Bryan. A few years ago, did you think that these guys would be the face of WWE? These are amazing characters, and they’re extensions of themselves, so I think some of the guys are seeing what we did in the Attitude Era, they’re adapting, and they’re making it work for them.

Who would’ve thought Kane and Daniel Bryan would be the most entertaining part of every show?

Man, I know, and I’m so happy for them. Kane had been talking to me about how he’s been there since 1996 and he’s had a 16-year run and how he’s a bit banged up from years of his big, physical style. He told me that he needed to find a way to tweak the character a little bit, and when I saw him a few weeks ago I told him, “You are my hero.” He laughed and said, “No, I’ve become you!” Here’s a guy who realized he could no longer do the stuff he was known for back in the Attitude Era, so he brought some levity and laughs to the character. The anger management skit where he broke down his entire career was brilliant. I sent out a tweet right after I saw it saying, “This is why I love this stuff.” It brought me right back to some of the humor we loved to do back in the Attitude Era.

You were in so many jaw-dropping matches, from the I Quit match against The Rock to Hell in a Cell against the Undertaker. When you look at all of the matches THQ picked to recreate in the video game, is there one you look back on as your personal favorite?

It’s tough to say. That match against Shawn Michaels at Mind Games was my favorite for a long time, but then I had a match against Randy Orton that I think eclipsed it. But as far as favorite moments go, the fact that I got to recreate the night in 1997 in Madison Square Garden where we debuted Cactus Jack … actually he debuted 12 years earlier, but he was debuting in WWE, and I had the chance as Dude Love to interview both Mankind and Cactus Jack. It was this amazing 12 hours of working with a green screen and having a lot of patience and faith that the director could put it all together. That night at The Garden, when you saw Mankind talking to Dude Love and Dude Love said, “Oh Manny, are you thinking what I think you’re thinking?” And Mankind said, “I think I am thinking what you think I’m thinking,” and boom, out came Cactus Jack. It was like magic. So for me to be able to recreate that moment is really beyond cool and beyond flattering to me.

So when you think back on your career, do you think of yourself as Mankind, Cactus Jack, or Dude Love?

I’m probably actually closest to Commissioner Foley. He was like the more nerdy version of myself. But that guy wouldn’t have worked unless we laid the groundwork with Mankind and Cactus Jack. So as far as those characters go, the latter day Mankind that people know from the Rock ‘N’ Sock Connection, that was probably the closest to my own personality.

Now you’re back on TV and you gave an awesome promo against CM Punk. What was it like being in the ring with Punk?

Man, I’ll tell you what. Punk is as good, both verbally and physically, as anyone who I’ve ever been in the ring with. I had the pleasure of being in there, but I have to tell you something, I was a little nervous. I didn’t know if I could still cut promos on that level, but when you’re dealing with a guy like Punk who is so intense, you realize that you either swim or your sink, and I was doing my best to stay afloat. I didn’t realize people were going to react so overwhelmingly, because when I was done, I was just like, “Thank goodness that didn’t go badly.” But when I go to the back, I got a standing ovation, and everywhere I went, people were complimenting me on that promo. It was great. I loved it.

Do you see the promo leading to a match, or are your wrestling days over?

I think my match days are over, but hopefully it will lead to something else. I think it’s always great to have the guys from different eras in there together. It works great for everybody.

When you look at the current roster, who do you see as the next breakout star?

Carrying the company is something people don’t realize how hard it is to do until they get there. Take CM Punk. Even when he was giving great promos and having great matches, was he carrying the company? Up until a year ago, I would’ve said he’s too different and he’s going to only have that niche market. But then he gave that incredible promo and he changed the business. I’m not sure who has that type of promo in them. I really can’t give you an answer, but there are a lot of guys who are going to be vying for that spot. Daniel Bryan is going to come out of his tag team eventually with an even bigger head of steam as a singles wrestler. Then you have guys like Antonio Cesaro who can do it all and he’s finding his way as a character, so I think there’s no shortage of candidates.

Beyond wrestling, you have a new children’s book coming out for the holidays. How did the experience writing this book compare to your autobiographies?

I loved it. It’s called “A Most Mizerable Christmas” and honestly, this is something our pre-reader said when she was giving feedback, but her synopsis was that this book will be as much fun for the parents to read to their kids as the kids will have being read to them. I really believe that this is going to be one of those books that is read frequently by kids, and by parents to their kids. I haven’t really bragged about anything since I’ve been here, but when it comes to wrestling children’s book writers, I’m the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/tech/post/_/id/2679/mick-foley-stars-in-virtual-attitude-era#more

NatureBoy
10-23-2012, 08:14 PM
New WWE '13 Xbox 360 Avatar Items.

http://wwe.thq.com/go/article/view/260577/new-wwe-13-xbox-360-avatar-items

Nothingface
10-28-2012, 08:26 PM
Getting this game on release day as a gift! Glad they fixed Universes mode for editing matches. Drove me crazy in 12.

SCClassof93
10-28-2012, 09:33 PM
With packing for the move across country and finalizing business affairs etc, I am going to wait until probably December to grab this based on the reviews you guys give :nod:

CLW
10-29-2012, 09:56 AM
With packing for the move across country and finalizing business affairs etc, I am going to wait until probably December to grab this based on the reviews you guys give :nod:

Yeah I'm just going to GameFly it and take a wait and see approach. I honestly cannot see this game really taking up much of my time. I'll probably relive the Attitude era over a weekend and then mail it back.

JBHuskers
10-29-2012, 01:27 PM
At Best Buy, you'll get DX: One Last Stand free with WWE '13....(PS3 orders will get the Blu Ray version)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&id=pcat17071&type=page&ks=960&st=WWE_13_Game_and_Movie_Offer_69662&sc=Global&cp=1&sp=-bestsellingsort+skuid&qp=&list=n&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

CLW
10-30-2012, 03:39 PM
The fine folks at GameFly are shipping 13 my way. Unfortunately didn't get Assassin's Creed must have sent in my two other rentals too late for it. :smh:

JBHuskers
10-30-2012, 03:43 PM
Requested this for Christmas :up:

CLW
11-03-2012, 03:13 PM
Messed with this bad boy for a few hours today. IMHO its a solid title but not anything that just jumps out at me as a must own. The attitude era is fun if for nothing other than the promo videos back from when WWF was really on a roll and had just a massive collection of really good young talent.

The biggest gripe I have is I have had at least 5 matches glitch and I have to restart. It seems to happen when I get Irish Whipped and then for no reason my player just keeps running straight into the ropes but there is no bounce back?

NatureBoy
11-05-2012, 07:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx3AGPR2HTc&feature=player_embedded

:D

JBHuskers
11-05-2012, 09:50 AM
That's awesome. I loved messing with the entrances....like giving Big Show the old entrance of Sin Cara where he trampolines over the ropes.

JeffHCross
11-07-2012, 11:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx3AGPR2HTc&feature=player_embedded

:DI accidentally did that on WWE '11. :D :D :D

NatureBoy
11-08-2012, 05:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTeWShU9HVA&feature=player_embedded#!

:D

JeffHCross
11-10-2012, 04:15 PM
Pro Wrestling X Kickstarter (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/prowrestlingx/pro-wrestling-x-bringing-back-classic-wrestling-ga)

CLW
11-11-2012, 08:06 PM
Finished the Attitude Era mode and must say I really enjoyed reliving my late high school early college days. Not really sure what to do now (if anything) with this game. Any suggestions?

JeffHCross
11-11-2012, 08:45 PM
Amazon is offering $22 for it :D

CLW
11-11-2012, 08:54 PM
Amazon is offering $22 for it :D

LOL i didn't buy it got it from GameFly. The game is pretty solid but I'm not sure what I am supposed to do with "Universe Mode"

JeffHCross
11-11-2012, 08:58 PM
Universe Mode is like a connected exhibition mode. You just progress through the WWE calendar. You can customize the matches, play various matches that are on the card, or just play the matches by a single guy if you wanted to. It's like a grand Pick Your Own Adventure.

( I may be making it sound better than it is, but it's difficult to explain. )

CLW
11-12-2012, 07:20 AM
Universe Mode is like a connected exhibition mode. You just progress through the WWE calendar. You can customize the matches, play various matches that are on the card, or just play the matches by a single guy if you wanted to. It's like a grand Pick Your Own Adventure.

( I may be making it sound better than it is, but it's difficult to explain. )

Yeah I don't get the mode. I'm used to a more "structured" career mode. So... If I create a wrestler and he loses 20 matches in a row I can still give him a shot at the WWE title and win it?

SCClassof93
11-12-2012, 07:53 AM
Yeah I don't get the mode. I'm used to a more "structured" career mode. So... If I create a wrestler and he loses 20 matches in a row I can still give him a shot at the WWE title and win it?

Yeah, I could see where if you had a weekly group that got together to control a character it could be a blast. Set a roster, move ratings down to start, set parameters for moving up etc and let the computer book the shows could be a blast. Alone? Not so much

JeffHCross
11-12-2012, 07:41 PM
I just play as one character, usually my CAW, and let the CPU put him in matches as it sees fit.

CLW
11-13-2012, 10:53 AM
I just play as one character, usually my CAW, and let the CPU put him in matches as it sees fit.

Cool. Will there be "story lines" that go along with your CAW as he progresses?

JBHuskers
11-13-2012, 11:18 AM
Cool. Will there be "story lines" that go along with your CAW as he progresses?

Yes. There are ongoing storylines. From what I hear, they got better in '13.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

CLW
11-13-2012, 11:59 AM
Yes. There are ongoing storylines. From what I hear, they got better in '13.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Cool.

cdj
11-16-2012, 08:27 AM
WWE '13 is currently $49.99 at Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0085L2T14/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0085L2T14&linkCode=as2&tag=thegamtai-20)

cdj
01-04-2013, 12:45 PM
The upcoming WWE 13 You're Welcome in Five Languages DLC pack includes Layla (free playable character), 20 brand-new moves, as well as Antonio Cesaro, Damien Sandow, Jimmy & Jey Uso, Chainsaw Charlie and Brian Pillman. The release date will be revealed January 7th.

Courtesy: OS (http://www.operationsports.com/news/598350/wwe-13-entrance-and-finisher-videos-youre-welcome-in-five-languages-dlc-pack/)

You can view YouTube vids of entrances & finishers here (http://wwe.thq.com/go/article/view/261397/dlc-pack-3-entrance-and-finisher-videos).