PDA

View Full Version : NBA 2K13 Thread

cdj
05-22-2012, 07:12 PM
NBA 2K13 now listed on Amazon with a release date of October 2 and available on PS3, 360, and PSP (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007M6W38W/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=thegamtai-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B007M6W38W).

- NBA 2K13 is set to launch on October 2 for Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, PSP and PC, Take-Two Interactive announced today. This is in line with the October precedence set by previous NBA 2K titles. Developer 2K Sports has yet to reveal any details about the game.

- They have been looking for suggestions via twitter with the hashtag #IdeasforNBA2K13 (https://twitter.com/#!/search/%23IdeasforNBA2K13)

JBHuskers
05-23-2012, 12:14 AM
Probably not going release day with this one like I did 2K12.

morsdraconis
05-23-2012, 04:57 AM
I DEFINITELY won't be release daying this one. I need proof that they actually fixed what they fucked up in 2k12 before I even think about doing anything with their games anymore.

cdj
05-24-2012, 08:41 PM
2K Sports Community Manager Ronnie Singh tweeted this earlier tonight (https://twitter.com/#!/Ronnie2K):

- We never really do anything at E3 as you guys know but I am definitely going to try to give an insider look at the show, more than last yr
- Having said that, we're expecting to make a big #NBA2K13 announcement in the next coupla weeks that I am fairly confident will impress you
- Of course, it's my subjective opinion. What I think is cool may not be what you think is cool. But some exciting stuff is going down this yr
- What impresses people is different for everyone. But I think our most hardcore fans will like what we have in store.

morsdraconis
05-25-2012, 05:03 AM
Unless it's fixing the shitty animation system they're using, having a play call system that isn't completely fuckin' retarded, or fixing the terrible framerates at some of the arenas (or in general), I don't give a flying fuck 2k.

SmoothPancakes
05-25-2012, 05:12 AM
Unless it's fixing the shitty animation system they're using, having a play call system that isn't completely fuckin' retarded, or fixing the terrible framerates at some of the arenas (or in general), I don't give a flying fuck 2k.

It's posts like this that are the reason I love seeing your name show up as the last poster in a thread on the main forums, because I know nine times out of ten, there is going to be something in those posts that will make me both laugh and agree. :D

cdj
05-29-2012, 10:16 PM
NBA 2K13 announcement coming tomorrow morning.

cdj
05-30-2012, 07:08 AM
Fans that pre-order NBA 2K13 for the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 will receive a new downloadable NBA All-Star content package presented by Sprite. This add-on content will be set in Houston, the site of the 2013 NBA All-Star Game and will allow fans to stage their own NBA All-Star Game, including three NBA All-Star events - the Foot Locker Three Point Shootout, BBVA Rising Stars Challenge, and the Sprite Slam Dunk Contest featuring all-new intuitive, pick-up-and-play controls.

"The NBA All-Star package is our way saying 'thank you' to fans for their ongoing love of the NBA 2K series," said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. "This content provides a ton of depth and value to our fans, and it's just the beginning of a lot of big news about NBA(R) 2K13."

Gamers can pit the NBA's current superstars against classic players in both the Foot Locker Three Point Shootout and Sprite Slam Dunk Contest. Rosters for both the BBVA Rising Stars Challenge and 2013 NBA All-Star Game will feature the 2012 All-Stars, with dynamic updates to the 2013 rosters once the participants are announced.

Link (http://www.marketwatch.com/story/2k-sports-announces-nbar-2k13s-triumphant-return-to-virtual-hardwood-on-october-2-2012-2012-05-30)

JBHuskers
05-30-2012, 11:31 AM
Not bad. Not bad.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

cdj
05-31-2012, 11:38 PM
"1st ever #NBA2K13 gameplay premieres during @SpikeTV #GTE3 All Access primetime special, Monday 10 ET/7 PT"

cdj
06-04-2012, 10:15 PM
First gameplay reveal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO0S2uCNJsg
(Not the best quality, but only clip on YT currently that shows entire segment.)

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 10:20 PM
There is ripping off Guitar Hero and then there is blantantly ripping off.

Escobar
06-04-2012, 11:55 PM
The whole time that guy has this evil grin on his face like he knows the gameplay will be exactly the same as 2K12 and no once can tell the difference. I saw the same stupid pump fake then lean in layup that the CPU does while the user can't defend it w/o getting called for a foul everytime, or they make everytime that is so frustrating in 2K12. I don't even know how to trigger that animation after so many tries. I think I'm going back to Live or just not buying a basketball game.

SmoothPancakes
06-05-2012, 04:35 AM
The whole time that guy has this evil grin on his face like he knows the gameplay will be exactly the same as 2K12 and no once can tell the difference.

Pretty much. :D

cdj
06-06-2012, 09:53 PM
The guys at 2K seem very confident at E3 this week. Is it for public appearance, from success of past, or due to some poor early Live feedback?

From OS' Dustin Toms: "We could ship this game ( #NBA2K13) today if we wanted. We still have four months to make it better." - Erik B, Developer.

They also announced today that the All-Star add-on content will be playable in MyPlayer & Association mode. (IE: Your My Player may be invited to take part in the All-Star Weekend festivities, such as the Dunk Contest.)

morsdraconis
06-07-2012, 05:17 AM
I'm still waiting to hear if they actually DID anything this year. Sure as hell doesn't seem like it.

JeffHCross
06-07-2012, 08:49 PM
The guys at 2K seem very confident at E3 this week. Is it for public appearance, from success of past, or due to some poor early Live feedback?Awfully strange, considering how much the guy showing gameplay footage on Spike pointed out that they've never shown the game at E3 before.

DariusLock
06-08-2012, 11:50 AM
Where is Manu's bald spot at?

cdj
06-20-2012, 05:58 PM
2K Sports today announced the launch of the “Uncover The Cover” Facebook application, which will engage the 2K Sports online community and reveal some big clues about the cover of NBA 2K13, the next installment of the top-rated NBA video game simulation franchise twelve years running.

The Facebook application will start with the clues concealed behind puzzle pieces. In order for pieces to be removed and the clues to the cover revealed, fans are encouraged to tweet about NBA 2K13 using the hashtag #UncoverNBA2K. The more tweets that are made containing the hashtag, the more pieces of the puzzle will be removed.

Fans can check the NBA 2K13 Facebook page to see the current state of the image and the effects their tweets are having in real-time. Once the cover is unveiled, fans will be able to download the final poster art file as wallpaper.

The Facebook application represents a significant departure from the traditional 2K Sports cover reveal, and will leverage the company’s sizable social media following. For the first time in the company’s history, fans will play a decisive role in announcing the cover.

Fans can begin tweeting #UncoverNBA2K today and view the app’s progress in real-time on http://2kgam.es/UncoverNBA2K.

Who do you think the NBA 2K13 cover athlete will be?

- Pastapadre had this partially revealed cover sent to him (https://twitter.com/pastapadre/status/215552473551749121) though he is unsure of validity.

SmoothPancakes
06-20-2012, 07:24 PM
Decisive role would be picking who would be on the cover. The fans are just fucking tweeting stupid shit. Playing a decisive role my ass.

JeffHCross
06-20-2012, 09:29 PM
No, they said "decisive role" in announcing. Though I don't know how you can really be decisive about that ...

SmoothPancakes
06-21-2012, 02:02 AM
No, they said "decisive role" in announcing. Though I don't know how you can really be decisive about that ...

Whoops. :D :fp:

Not sure how I missed the 'announcing' part of that sentence. And yeah, the cover is going to come out no matter what. Just because a bunch of people sit there tweeting a hashtag, what are they going to do if the numbers they want aren't met, just release the game with coverless case? Sure, this whole thing is nothing but a way to get their twitter hashtag out there, possibly trending, and try to drum up a load of support on the social networks, but they could have come up with some sort of better marketing pitch for this whole thing.

morsdraconis
06-21-2012, 05:17 AM
2k is so damn dumb in their social media department. They haven't clue how to do this shit or what to do with it when they get it right (2k12 commercials with NBA players playing with Jordan - AMAZING; this shit - :smh:)

cdj
06-21-2012, 09:07 AM
My NBA Live Pad: NBA 2K13 Cover Clues Revealed (http://mynbalivepad.com/nba-2k13-facebook-cover-clues-revealed/)

It appears Rose, Griffin, & Durant will be the cover athletes.

CLW
06-21-2012, 09:24 AM
The gameplay from this series is solid but I HATE NBA basketball. IF 2K would re-introduce College Hoops and literally just import the NBA graphics and gameplay and leave the 2K8 career mode in the game I'd play it non stop. Unfortunately, I just cannot get into an NBA game and when I buy/rent it inevitably it just collects dust.

ryby6969
06-21-2012, 10:21 AM
So they took out the 3pt and dunk contest so they could add it via DLC? Wow, and EA gets hammered for their DLC but at least they have never taken GAME MODES out so they could charge more for them later. :smh:

JBHuskers
06-26-2012, 10:05 AM
Cover has been revealed.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/nba2k13.jpg

cdj
06-26-2012, 12:49 PM
So they took out the 3pt and dunk contest so they could add it via DLC? Wow, and EA gets hammered for their DLC but at least they have never taken GAME MODES out so they could charge more for them later. :smh:

That's somewhat correct. The previous 3-point shootout and dunk contest were part of that Sprite streetball mode/backdrop as EA had the exclusive license for All-Star Weekend events. I don't know if those have been pulled in 2K13, but in an earlier video (it is in this thread) the All-Star Slam Dunk contest has a totally different mechanic than the Sprite dunk contest - now it is basically Guitar Hero-esque. I'm not sure if the three-point shootout uses existing or new mechanics.

IIRC, the All-Star stuff is a pre-order bonus. Maybe it will be free to all later in the season? If they were smart, they would do so around All-Star Weekend.

Cover has been revealed.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/nba2k13.jpg

I like the cover athletes, but that design is terrible. It looks like someone relatively new to Photoshop made it. Cover athlete should generally show waist up so you can actually make out faces. Maybe the full-scale image looks better, but I'm not a fan of the design. It would have been cool if they could have merged action shots so it looks like Rose passing to Griffin with Durant either guarding or waiting to watch the shot.
/cover snob

Again, I do like the three cover athletes, but for a company struggling to make ends meet, I'm not sure why they keep investing so heavily in cover athletes & marketing campaigns. I'm thinking the law of diminishing returns has to be kicking in soon (if not already).

JBHuskers
06-26-2012, 12:54 PM
Cover athlete should generally show waist up so you can actually make out faces.

Exactly my thought...like this:

http://www.gameoftheyear.org/game/covers/fifa-12.jpg

cdj
06-27-2012, 04:38 PM
"We have one of the biggest announcements ever," Argent vowed, "if not the biggest ever in the history of the 2K Sports franchise ever coming in a couple of weeks. I think you'll be surprised. Pleasantly."

Courtesy: Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/5921289/three-of-a-kind-nba-2k13-sees-a-winning-hand-in-durant-rose-and-griffin)

CLW
06-27-2012, 04:59 PM
"We have one of the biggest announcements ever," Argent vowed, "if not the biggest ever in the history of the 2K Sports franchise ever coming in a couple of weeks. I think you'll be surprised. Pleasantly."

Courtesy: Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/5921289/three-of-a-kind-nba-2k13-sees-a-winning-hand-in-durant-rose-and-griffin)

NBA 2K to allow you to play high school; college and/or NBA basketball like the old SNES Football game:

http://superemulation.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/covers/cover-snes-super-play-action-football.jpg

JBHuskers
06-27-2012, 05:03 PM
The infusion of college definitely would be a BIG announcement.

cdj
06-27-2012, 05:47 PM
pastapadre (http://www.pastapadre.com/2012/06/26/nba-2k13-cover-revealed-2k-sports-teases-huge-announcement-to-come) speculates it may be the announcement of the Dream Team or something Olympics-related. Though he comments that if that were so, you would think the cover would reflect it in some regard.

morsdraconis
06-27-2012, 06:15 PM
:smh:

Nothing they add to the game is going to change the fact that they ruined the one good aspect of their game by making a playcall system that barely worked COMPLETELY unusable now.

Nothing they add is going to change the fact that now, more than ever, dribble moves are nearly impossible to pull off when you want to.

Nothing they add is going to change the fact that their game is basically unplayable because of how poor the spacing is on the court 95% of the time.

Nothing they add is going to change the fact that their game is BARELY a representation of what basketball actually looks like because you can't even run a simple pick and roll play without something messing up because of the absolutely ATROCIOUS playcalling system.

So, color me COMPLETELY skeptical when they say they have something to offer that is going to make me excited for their game.

cdj
06-27-2012, 07:34 PM
- There will be a non-feature NBA 2K13 announcement tomorrow. Not sure what this may entail...

- From 2K Community Manager Ronnie Singh: "There's an exact purpose for new Twitter account @NBA2KOnline to be discussed in this week's Weekly Update Friday- http://2kgam.es/2KSportsWeeklyUpdates "

I would guess the announcement centers on online infrastructure improvements.

SmoothPancakes
06-27-2012, 10:13 PM

Nothing they add to the game is going to change the fact that they ruined the one good aspect of their game by making a playcall system that barely worked COMPLETELY unusable now.

Nothing they add is going to change the fact that now, more than ever, dribble moves are nearly impossible to pull off when you want to.

Nothing they add is going to change the fact that their game is basically unplayable because of how poor the spacing is on the court 95% of the time.

Nothing they add is going to change the fact that their game is BARELY a representation of what basketball actually looks like because you can't even run a simple pick and roll play without something messing up because of the absolutely ATROCIOUS playcalling system.

So, color me COMPLETELY skeptical when they say they have something to offer that is going to make me excited for their game.

But, like, it's like, one of the greatest games in, like, the history of mankind (right behind NFL 2K5) because, like, it's made by 2K Spots. :fp:

Rudy
06-28-2012, 04:22 AM
I like the cover athletes, but that design is terrible. It looks like someone relatively new to Photoshop made it. Cover athlete should generally show waist up so you can actually make out faces. Maybe the full-scale image looks better, but I'm not a fan of the design. It would have been cool if they could have merged action shots so it looks like Rose passing to Griffin with Durant either guarding or waiting to watch the shot.
/cover snob

Again, I do like the three cover athletes, but for a company struggling to make ends meet, I'm not sure why they keep investing so heavily in cover athletes & marketing campaigns. I'm thinking the law of diminishing returns has to be kicking in soon (if not already).

I don't think it's a problem to show the guys not so up close and personal. But I'm sick of their red background on everything. The cover was awesome in 2K11 but they need to change it up now. This cover style is basically the same as last year.

I could never get into NBA 2K because I never liked the controls. The dribble moves were tough and floor spacing felt congested like Mors said. When I messed around with the demo last year I had a million passes intercepted too. I read the passing was a negative last year. That's why I was hoping for Live to continue from Live 10 but E3 made it sound bad. I just like to play an NBA game once in awhile between good games so it's not a big deal for me if I don't buy one.

cdj
06-28-2012, 08:27 AM
I don't think it's a problem to show the guys not so up close and personal. But I'm sick of their red background on everything. The cover was awesome in 2K11 but they need to change it up now. This cover style is basically the same as last year.

That is true. That big wave of red doesn't help the cause or design. If it were gray or white, I think the player placement wouldn't be quite so bad IMO.

cdj
06-28-2012, 08:28 AM
2K Sports today announced that the NBA® 2K13 Dynasty Edition will be available on October 2, 2012 for $99.99 on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. Limited quantities of the Dynasty Edition are being produced and fans are encouraged to pre-order at participating retailers.

In addition to a full retail copy of NBA 2K13 – the next installment of the top-rated and top-selling NBA video game simulation franchise* – the Dynasty Edition will include the all-new downloadable NBA 2K13 All-Star add-on content presented by Sprite, an exclusive NBA 2K13 full-sized basketball from Spalding® and Art of Basketball, exclusive 2K Sports Ink’d earbuds from Skullcandy, and an NBA 2K13 basketball textured controller skin from Skinit.

JBHuskers
06-28-2012, 09:54 AM
Pass.

I OU a Beatn
06-28-2012, 11:06 AM
Sounds like they threw a bunch of random stuff together and called it a day. Still, not a bad price for the ball + the headphones. I preordered in case it's actually limited but if it's not, I'll end up passing.

skipwondah33
06-28-2012, 11:15 AM

So, color me COMPLETELY skeptical when they say they have something to offer that is going to make me excited for their game.This

cdj
07-30-2012, 06:51 PM
Back when 2K Sports officially revealed the cover for NBA 2K13 they also teased a huge announcement to come. That will finally materialize this week and a leaked video may hint at what’s to come – but what it means exactly would be anyone’s guess.

The leaked video below – which appears to be legitimate but for obvious reasons won’t be confirmed by 2K – states 2K13 is “Executive Produced by Jay-Z”. The voice-over by Michael Jordan meshes then with an image that 2K released just today of him in the studio recording audio for the announcement and features the trio of cover athletes. It would also explain the Brooklyn Bridge being on the teaser image for the cover announcement. What was thought to refer to Michael Jordan could also apply to Jay-Z.

Courtesy: PastaPadre (http://www.pastapadre.com/2012/07/30/nba-2k13s-big-announcement-coming-this-week-jay-z-may-be-intimately-involved)

http://youtu.be/rkkfIPHqn50

(Shouldn't it be 'executively produced by' and not 'executive produced by'? This blog seems to think so (http://yodellingllama.com/?p=1628).)

CLW
07-30-2012, 07:20 PM
Back when 2K Sports officially revealed the cover for NBA 2K13 they also teased a huge announcement to come. That will finally materialize this week and a leaked video may hint at what’s to come – but what it means exactly would be anyone’s guess.

The leaked video below – which appears to be legitimate but for obvious reasons won’t be confirmed by 2K – states 2K13 is “Executive Produced by Jay-Z”. The voice-over by Michael Jordan meshes then with an image that 2K released just today of him in the studio recording audio for the announcement and features the trio of cover athletes. It would also explain the Brooklyn Bridge being on the teaser image for the cover announcement. What was thought to refer to Michael Jordan could also apply to Jay-Z.

Courtesy: PastaPadre (http://www.pastapadre.com/2012/07/30/nba-2k13s-big-announcement-coming-this-week-jay-z-may-be-intimately-involved)

http://youtu.be/rkkfIPHqn50

(Shouldn't it be 'executively produced by' and not 'executive produced by'? This blog seems to think so (http://yodellingllama.com/?p=1628).)

WTF would Shawn Carter "executive producicing" 2K13 add to my experience playing the game?

cdj
07-30-2012, 07:29 PM
WTF would Shawn Carter "executive producicing" 2K13 add to my experience playing the game?

I assume he must have selected, re-mixed, provided, etc. the soundtrack. It will bring a lot of hype and coverage to the game initially, but long-term won't mean much (if it's only soundtrack related).

HWill
07-30-2012, 09:14 PM

http://www.iknowtheledge.com/images/2008/08/20038.gif

JeffHCross
07-30-2012, 09:20 PM
It should just be "produced", because any use of executive and produced in that context is just grammatically confusing. :D Even if it is his official title.

I assume he must have selected, re-mixed, provided, etc. the soundtrack. It will bring a lot of hype and coverage to the game initially, but long-term won't mean much (if it's only soundtrack related).You wouldn't give someone the executive producer title if all they did was the soundtrack.

cdj
07-30-2012, 09:24 PM
You wouldn't give someone the executive producer title if all they did was the soundtrack.

You do if it is Jay-Z and you want to sign him! :D

cdj
07-31-2012, 06:53 PM
Jay-Z named 'NBA 2K' executive producer (http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/tech/post/_/id/1431/jay-z-named-nba-2k-executive-producer)

For rapper, CEO, clothing designer and Brooklyn Nets part-owner Shawn “Jay-Z” Carter, “On to the Next One” isn’t just a song, but a way of life.

He’s moving on to a new industry to conquer, as 2K Sports has just named the 42-year-old entertainment mogul the executive producer of “NBA 2K13.” Carter has not only personally selected the game’s 24-song soundtrack, but he’s also been working with 2K designers on the overall look and feel of the game’s presentation.

“At 2K Sports, we want to transcend just being a video game and be a solid entertainment product with basketball at its core,” said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports, when I asked him about Jay-Z’s involvement in the game. “This game has gotten so amazingly good from a gameplay standpoint, that we got together and asked what we could do to add to that, to support, and package around an already amazing game. We wanted to talk to people who were authentic to the sport of basketball, but also authentic to the world of entertainment and music and culture. Every time we sat down to make our lists, one guy kept rising to the top, and that’s Jay-Z.”

When the development team behind “NBA 2K13” approached Carter about possibly working on the game, he told them that he wanted the collaboration to be more than simply slapping his name on the front of the box.

“We actually got more collaborative involvement than I ever could’ve imagined,” said Argent as he broke down hour-long sessions with the development team sitting down with Jay-Z inside his New York office. “Jay has called at eight o’clock at night asking questions and telling us about some of his ideas that he wanted to put in the game. He’s very engaged with this, from the look to the feel to the flow to the creative presentation of the game. Jay wanted the experience from as soon as you load the game to feel like something he did and was something he was involved with. He was focused with everything off the court.”

One of the reasons for the enthusiastic response is the fact Jay-Z has been a big fan of the “NBA 2K” series for years.

Said Argent: “He’s a huge gamer and a huge fan of the series. He knew so much about it that he was even weighing in on certain aspects of gameplay, which was a huge surprise to us. He loves this franchise and you can tell just talking to him that he knows it very well and plays it very well. And that was a big deal to us. We wanted someone who was as engaged with the franchise as they were with the sport.

“This is obviously a big, big announcement for 2K Sports, but this is just the first announcement for ‘NBA 2K13.’ Everything from the feature set to the gameplay has taken another giant, incredible leap forward.”

And Carter seems to agree, adding via statement: “This has been a unique opportunity to collaborate with 2K Sports and be a part of one of the best sports video games in history. ‘NBA 2K13’ will be the next evolution in sports and basketball culture, and I’m ready to usher in the new era of the franchise.”

As for the soundtrack hand-picked by Jay-Z, here are the tracks you can expect to hear once the game drops on Oct. 2:

'NBA 2K13' soundtrack
• The Hours: “All in the Jungle”
• Too Short: "Blow the Whistle" (Main)
• Eric B. and Rakim: “I Ain’t No Joke”
• Phoenix: “1901”
• Jay-Z: “Pump it Up” (Freestyle)
• Puff Daddy and the Family: “Victory” (feat. Notorious B.I.G. & Busta Rhymes)
• Daft Punk: “Around the World" (Radio Edit)
• Santigold: “Shove It” (feat. Spank Rock)
• Kanye West: “Amazing”
• Jay-Z: “Run This Town”
• The Dirty Projectors: “Stillness in the Move”
• Nas: “The World is Yours”
• Coldplay: “Viva La Vida”
• Roy Ayers: “We Live in Brooklyn, Baby”
• Justice: “Stress”
• Jay-Z: “The Bounce”
• Kanye West: “We Major” (feat. Nas & Really Doe)
• Mobb Deep: “Shook Ones, Pt. II”
• Meek Mill: “Ima Boss” (Instrumental)
• Kanye West: “Mercy” (feat. Big Sean, Pusha T, and 2 Chainz)
• U2: “Elevation”
• Jay-Z: “On to the Next One”
• Jay-Z: “Public Service Announcement”
• Jay-Z: “H.A.M.” (Instrumental)

SmoothPancakes
07-31-2012, 07:56 PM
Seriously? :fp: Their big news that they've been teasing for weeks is a fucking soundtrack playlist? How about they fix the fucktarded player animations and moves? That is news that would have excited me. Hearing that my player, when running full sprint into the paint, won't be stopped on a fucking dime because he ran into, next to or near a opposing player would get me excited. I couldn't give two shits about a new soundtrack. I already don't even listen to the current soundtrack. I play NBA 2K to play basketball, not listen to soundtracks.

souljahbill
07-31-2012, 08:23 PM
LMAO at Nas being on a soundtrack hand-picked by Jay-Z.

CLW
07-31-2012, 08:58 PM
LMAO I'm OUT this year. I bought last year but it collected dust largely as I just am not into the NBA. Bring back 2K hoops and you got my $60

Rudy
07-31-2012, 09:09 PM
Seriously? :fp: Their big news that they've been teasing for weeks is a fucking soundtrack playlist?

Too funny. I can't believe that would be big news either. It's a big deal for some of these soundtracks apparently but I don't really understand. They are just menu music. I don't care and I don't care for all that hip hop stuff either. As long as none of the tracks are too annoying I won't care much either way.

None of this really surprises me. 2K has to be the worst company at marketing their sports games.

SmoothPancakes
07-31-2012, 10:24 PM
Too funny. I can't believe that would be big news either. It's a big deal for some of these soundtracks apparently but I don't really understand. They are just menu music. I don't care and I don't care for all that hip hop stuff either. As long as none of the tracks are too annoying I won't care much either way.

None of this really surprises me. 2K has to be the worst company at marketing their sports games.

Yep. Which makes me :fp: even harder now after reading back and seeing cdj's post about the "big announcement". :fp:

I have absolutely no interest in buying this game right now. All they have announced is a new soundtrack, a pre-order package, and the All-Star weekend/Guitar Hero rip off stuff, which they'll probably force you to pay for that shit if you don't pre-order (even though it should be in the goddamn game to begin with). And THIS is the company people want to take NCAA and Madden away from EA? Fuck that!

JeffHCross
07-31-2012, 10:30 PM
Yep, I'm out too. I liked NBA 2k12 decently, but they'll have to blow me away with gameplay to be interested again.

SmoothPancakes
07-31-2012, 10:39 PM
Yep, I'm out too. I liked NBA 2k12 decently, but they'll have to blow me away with gameplay to be interested again.

Yeah, I have my complaints about 2K12, but I can still find enough enjoyment out of it that I'm perfectly fine playing it for another year, especially if they do nothing to fix the gameplay problems that are already in the game (and have been since at least 2K11, which was my first NBA 2K game).

morsdraconis
08-01-2012, 05:01 AM

Talk about not having a clue how to market a video game. Their biggest announcement ever is that Jay Z had input on the freakin' soundtrack!?

And, Smooth, most of those issues have been with the game since the new generation of games, if not longer. Their passing and dribble move systems have been atrocious for a LONG time because they simply refuse to make them easier to do because Live already did. They insist on keeping the shotstick crap in instead of tying it in with the movement analog during the shot process. Thus, you have shot combinations that sound like freakin' crappy fighting game moves. It's just REALLY dumb and frustrating because you can't do the moves that you want to do because they damn thing is so sensitive it's nearly impossible to pull off the move at the correct time and it takes an eidetic memory to remember what moves do what.

skipwondah33
08-01-2012, 06:11 AM
+1

And that seems to be 2K's MO with their video games. Go grab a big name/s.

Granted I absolutely love 2K11's centerpiece of Jordan

JeffHCross
08-01-2012, 07:46 PM
FWIW, I had a thought today ... no one that has replied thus far, IMO, is in the "target audience" for this announcement. Or at least may not be. Personally, I'm a white fat-boy who only dabbles in rap/hip-hop thanks to Eminem, Tupac and B.I.G. Not exactly the biggest announcement for my tastes.

Escobar
08-03-2012, 11:51 PM
Trust me there are people who will buy the game just because it has Jay-Z's name attached to it. I work sometimes at Best Buy and this guy I was talking to was talking about he was getting 2k because Jay-Z produced it. "This was the first time I heard of it, just read this thread" So I was confused and said what? So he replies that he can't wait to hear the music in the game and it's going to be live just because Jay-Z is attached to it. Never underestimate the power of mass media to lead sheep.

Anyway, the tracklist is definitely one of the best I've seen in a sports game since one of the Maddens on PS2. Want to say '05 or '06 not sure. Nice mix of old and new hip hop. Nas is on there because he was actually signed to Def Jam by Jay-Z way back around the time Kelis had the milkshake song, before he came out with the "Hip Hop is Dead" album. But saying that, I'm pretty sure I won't buy 2K13 this year tho.

cdj
08-10-2012, 07:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-u0C0G9BXI&feature=player_embedded

- NBA 2K13 Preview from Polygon (http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/8/10/3231973/nba-2k13-preview)

gschwendt
08-10-2012, 09:20 AM
I always hated the shot stick and loved EA's dribble/move stick. Good to see 2K finally bringing that over.

morsdraconis
08-10-2012, 03:32 PM
One fix down, about 30 more to go.

JBHuskers
08-10-2012, 04:18 PM
Yeah don't think this is even on my radar this year. At least not at release like the last two.

Rudy
08-10-2012, 05:31 PM
I always hated the shot stick and loved EA's dribble/move stick. Good to see 2K finally bringing that over.

Co-sign. I wouldn't get this game at launch but a Black Friday sale on Amazon would definitely do the trick. This is the type of game I would play over the Christmas holidays when I am getting tired of Madden (hopefully Madden holds my interest that long).

cdj
08-15-2012, 11:22 AM
NBA 2K13 to feature the Dream Team (minus Pippen) and 2012 Olympic Team

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/549515_10151147726625498_1691640928_n.jpg

One of the great qualities of video games is their ability to depict matchups we’ll never see in real life. In “NBA 2K13,” basketball fans can play the one hypothetical matchup that’s sparked debate for the last several months.

2K Sports has acquired the license to USA Basketball, including the 1992 Dream Team, allowing gamers to play an exhibition between the ’92 team and this year’s U.S. national team in "NBA 2K13," which drops Oct. 2. It’s a move that’s been in 2K’s plans for years, and with the Olympics buzz and Jay-Z helping entice the elusive Charles Barkley, this was the year to finally buy the license and include USA Basketball in the game.

“It’s going to start more arguments,” said Michael Jordan, a former 2K cover athlete and ambassador for the game, via conference call. “When you stack up all the stats, which in some ways is how the game is going to be viewed and discussed, our stats are going to be a lot better than their stats. So I think it’s going to start more debates.”

It’s the Dream Team’s first depiction in a video game since “Team USA Basketball” for the Sega Genesis in 1992. Every player will be included except for Scottie Pippen, who isn’t part of the NBA Retired Players Assocation and couldn’t come to terms with 2K Sports.

Other U.S. squads, like the talented ’96 team or disappointing ’04 team, won’t be in this year’s game. “We wanted quality over quantity in this first year,” said Jason Argent, head of 2K Sports marketing.

Argent stayed tight-lipped when asked how the license would be incorporated into the game beyond playing an exhibition game between the ’92 and ’12 teams. Can a created player make the ’16 U.S. team in Association mode? Will there be any sort of world tournament for the teams to play in, even if they don’t use the real names of players from other countries?

“We’ll have more announcements in the coming weeks,” he said.

The Dream Team is rated slightly higher than the ’12 team, for the record, though that doesn’t include the 90-plus rated players of Dwight Howard, Dwyane Wade and Derrick Rose. Let the debate rage on.

And what does Jordan think?

“One of the things the 2012 team lacked was size,” said Jordan, still confident the Dream Team would prevail. “We probably would’ve attacked them from the inside then outside. Our defense would’ve been pretty much solidified with shot blockers and perimeter defensive players. Those guys are much more athletic than maybe we were at that time, but I like to think we were a bit smarter and more well-groomed at playing at that level of basketball. In all honesty, I don’t think we would’ve had any problems with them, even if they think they would’ve given us some difficulties.”

Fortunately for M.J., now he can prove it on the digital court.

Link (http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/tech/post/_/id/1714/nba-2k13-acquires-rights-to-dream-team)

CLW
08-15-2012, 11:32 AM
Interesting but still not a game changer IMHO. What would REALLY have been neat was if they signed a deal with FIBA and that allowed you to construct a nation's team every 4 years for the olympics and world championships and coach the USA (or some other country) and try to win the gold/world championship.

SmoothPancakes
08-15-2012, 07:52 PM
More fluff, still jack shit about improvements to the gameplay. Still not buying.

gschwendt
08-15-2012, 08:11 PM
Interesting but still not a game changer IMHO. What would REALLY have been neat was if they signed a deal with FIBA and that allowed you to construct a nation's team every 4 years for the olympics and world championships and coach the USA (or some other country) and try to win the gold/world championship.
You can already do that...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkQvhZ_6WlU

JeffHCross
08-15-2012, 11:00 PM
Called it. Don't know why they didn't announce this during (or better yet, before) the Olympics though.

morsdraconis
08-16-2012, 04:32 AM

2k.

cdj
08-21-2012, 12:23 PM
New gameplay vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez-bIOsZcxg&feature=g-all-u

Deuce
08-21-2012, 12:27 PM
Good to know they captured Ginobili's bald spot. :D

morsdraconis
08-21-2012, 01:13 PM

More contact at the rim and more falls. More like, more bullshit animations that get in the way of what you're trying to do to force you to do something you don't want to do.

SmoothPancakes
08-21-2012, 04:11 PM

More contact at the rim and more falls. More like, more bullshit animations that get in the way of what you're trying to do to force you to do something you don't want to do.

Yeah, I haven't played NBA 2K12 as much as I wanted to when I bought it. I'm still only in December of my rookie season in My Player. I'm just gonna keep playing 2K12 and completely skip 2K13. I can guaran-damn-tee that someone will create rosters updated to the coming season, so I'll be able to have current rosters in 2K12.

Rudy
08-21-2012, 05:25 PM
I love the r-stick controls. That's huge for me. I must say the devs belong on the all-hoody team. Closet Belicheck admirers?

morsdraconis
08-22-2012, 07:31 AM
I'll probably pirate 2k13 just to check it out. I doubt I'll play it much though. I'd buy it, but I got TORCHED by them with last year's game because the fuckers never updated the god damn game. My Player is STILL broken.

cdj
08-22-2012, 08:52 AM
I love the r-stick controls. That's huge for me.

I agree. It was tough adjusting between Live & 2K.

I'm hoping to hear something on the comeback code being addressed and Online Association improvements. While I doubt I get 2K13 (maybe around the holidays if there is a deal), those were two big issues that bothered me in 2K12.

cdj
08-24-2012, 03:39 PM
The list of Xbox 360 achievements (http://exophase.com/game/nba-2k13-xbox-360/achievements/) for NBA 2K13 has made its way out and in doing so has revealed a few new features for the game.

My Player mode looks to be getting a change in name to “MyCareer”, historic teams are to be playable online (last year that was only possible with the DLC), “Blacktop” mode is also going online, and a “Today Association” could be like what was attempted (but never actually worked) with MLB 2K12. Most notably though is the “Play a MyTeam Game Online” achievement which, based on the My Player name change to MyCareer and a separate achievement for Team-Up mode, suggests what could be the equivalent of what “Crew” mode offered until 2K12.

Last year Crew mode was removed upsetting the passionate and vocal group that religiously played it – even more so because the company was deceptive about it not being present in the game. It’s no surprise then that the mode would return and that it would do so with a different name and possibly different purpose.

Courtesy: Pastapadre (http://www.pastapadre.com/2012/08/23/nba-2k13-achievements-reveal-new-features)

cdj
08-27-2012, 07:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSpXYcCmHuY&feature=g-all-u

cdj
08-28-2012, 12:21 PM
Scottie Pippen has reversed course and will now be on the Dream Team in 2K13. (http://kotaku.com/5938553/scottie-pippen-changes-his-mind-and-will-appear-on-the-dream-team-in-nba-2k13)

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/539287_10152090045320305_39098771_n.jpg

CLW
08-28-2012, 12:26 PM
Realized how big of a douche he was being or 2K caved and gave him more of that cash $?

souljahbill
08-28-2012, 12:59 PM
I'm in now. This'll be my 1st 2K basketball game.

morsdraconis
08-28-2012, 02:38 PM

Don't do it. It's not real basketball at all.

souljahbill
08-28-2012, 04:08 PM
Don't do it. It's not real basketball at all.

Sorry. Original Dream Team is too much to pass up. Not getting it day 1. May actually get it next year when '14 comes out.

cdj
09-01-2012, 07:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prWo0eaQ2VE&feature=g-all-u

jaymo76
09-01-2012, 11:48 AM

I owned 2k7 on 360 and I played three games before the RROD... haven't palyed since but I am interested at picking this up well AFTER the release.

cdj
09-04-2012, 08:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzIz3miCUoY

cdj
09-06-2012, 07:01 AM
New to NBA 2K13 MyCAREER- Introducing the MyPLAYER Closet in MyCAREER mode. Ronnie2K is able to choose between all kinds of apparel and accessories for customizing his MyPLAYER’s appearance on game day, game arrivals, blacktop and more!

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/c0.0.843.403/p843x403/309259_10152110182820305_1256855213_n.jpg

morsdraconis
09-06-2012, 09:51 AM

Rudy
09-06-2012, 03:28 PM
They are going to have twitter feeds like Madden I guess.

SmoothPancakes
09-06-2012, 03:46 PM
2K's REEEEEAAAALLLLY going all out with a pile of shit this year. :fp:

Oh well, good riddance. I'll stick with 2K12, and even then, I have a feeling a majority of my gaming for the rest of the year will be NCAA 13, FIFA 13, AC3 and Halo 4. So safe to say that 2K13 wouldn't even get much playing time even if I was stupid enough to buy it.

CLW
09-06-2012, 05:11 PM
New to NBA 2K13 MyCAREER- Introducing the MyPLAYER Closet in MyCAREER mode. Ronnie2K is able to choose between all kinds of apparel and accessories for customizing his MyPLAYER’s appearance on game day, game arrivals, blacktop and more!

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/c0.0.843.403/p843x403/309259_10152110182820305_1256855213_n.jpg

Thanks Jay-Z I was REALLY concerned about my boyz threadz that he wears on the blacktop and arriving to the games to ball! :nod:

cdj
09-07-2012, 11:01 PM
- More on NBA 2K13 Game Modes (http://www.gameinformer.com/games/nba_2k13/b/xbox360/archive/2012/09/07/breaking-down-nba-2k13-s-game-modes.aspx) (Game Informer)

- 2K Sports today announced plans for an NBA 2K13 mobile game, an extension of the console game’s career mode with a companion app, and a new social game for Facebook – all of which will be available in October.

NBA 2K13 will release on iOS (debuted on the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad last year with 2K12) and for the first time Android. While 2K12 featured the “Jordan Challenge” this time around it’ll be “NBA’s Greatest” mode. The game will also offer intuitive multi-touch controls, improved graphics, and a multiplayer mode via Bluetooth and Game Center (iOS only). No price has been announced but if it’s the same as 2K12 it’ll be $10 for the iPad and $5 for all other devices.

MyNBA2K is the free companion app that will be available on iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire. It’ll include some training mini-games like shooting practice, free throw drills, and a dribbling course that tie in with the MyCareer and MyTeam features on the console.

Then there is the Facebook game NBA 2K: MyLife. MyCareer players from NBA 2K13 can be imported to compete in skills competitions, build a home court environment, and play through various experiences encountered by an NBA superstar. Accomplishments within MyLife can result in unlocking clothing, dunk packages, and other rewards on the console versions. (Pastapadre (http://www.pastapadre.com/2012/09/05/nba-2k-expands-with-mobile-and-social-apps#more-64127))

cdj
09-10-2012, 11:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTL4wv2nL1Q&feature=g-all-u

cdj
09-10-2012, 11:17 PM
As an OD Commissioner in NCAA 13, it's worth nothing this addition to Online Associations in NBA 2K13:

"Admins in online Association leagues can reset games, and even change the outcome of games. This includes setting the final score and who scored what if for some reason a game froze toward the end of the fourth quarter and the players didn’t want to replay the entire game."

I'd love to be able to set sim win/loss - being able to set score and/or stats would be icing on the cake.

SmoothPancakes
09-11-2012, 12:57 AM
As an OD Commissioner in NCAA 13, it's worth nothing this addition to Online Associations in NBA 2K13:

"Admins in online Association leagues can reset games, and even change the outcome of games. This includes setting the final score and who scored what if for some reason a game froze toward the end of the fourth quarter and the players didn’t want to replay the entire game."

I'd love to be able to set sim win/loss - being able to set score and/or stats would be icing on the cake.

Amen!

bdoughty
09-11-2012, 01:28 AM
Well they got one heck of a shoe creator there. Just seems to be missing something that would cause a simultaneous orgasm amongst the masses at OS.

NBA 2K14 Presented to you by Michael Jordan, Haynes and Snoop Dog

Sock Creation presented by Haynes:
Complete control of your sock length, double socks, folded socks along with complete color combination.
58% acrylic, 32% cotton, 10% nylon? NOPE you make the call, if you can add to 100 you can make the perfect combination for your NBA athlete.
DLC includes the ability to add numerous materials to create that perfect sock, such as wool, polyester, olefins, spandex or even hemp.

SmoothPancakes
09-11-2012, 02:37 AM
Well they got one heck of a shoe creator there. Just seems to be missing something that would cause a simultaneous orgasm amongst the masses at OS.

NBA 2K14 Presented to you by Michael Jordan, Haynes and Snoop Dog

Sock Creation presented by Haynes:
Complete control of your sock length, double socks, folded socks along with complete color combination.
58% acrylic, 32% cotton, 10% nylon? NOPE you make the call, if you can add to 100 you can make the perfect combination for your NBA athlete.
DLC includes the ability to add numerous materials to create that perfect sock, such as wool, polyester, olefins, spandex or even hemp.

OH HELL YEAH!!! I'm pre-ordering that bitch right now!

cdj
09-11-2012, 10:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPLHQsKR8YU&feature=g-all-u

bdoughty
09-14-2012, 05:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqDs1_I6YUM

Next gen priority for 2ksports. Larry Bird hair modelling 2.0.

souljahbill
09-15-2012, 02:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqDs1_I6YUM

Next gen priority for 2ksports. Larry Bird hair modelling 2.0.

That trailer is SOOOOOO SEXY to me! I'm in like Flynn!

cdj
09-17-2012, 09:08 PM
2K Sports today announced that the demo for NBA 2K13 will be out for both the 360 and PS3 on Tuesday, September 25 – its arrival occurring one week before the game hits stores. The demo will feature one quarter of an NBA Finals rematch of Heat vs Thunder, will be online enabled, and has been stripped of commentary for the sake of file size. No further details yet such as quarter length or difficulty options have been provided.

Courtesy: pastapadre (http://www.pastapadre.com/2012/09/17/nba-2k13-demo-coming-next-week)

NatureBoy
09-18-2012, 10:08 AM
No Crew Mode For NBA 2K13 http://ussportsdownunder.com/nba/play/nba-2k13-producer-erick-boenisch-answers-your-questions

souljahbill
09-18-2012, 10:31 AM
What is Crew Mode?

morsdraconis
09-18-2012, 12:46 PM
What is Crew Mode?

Some stupid shit where people piss and moan about not having it when all that happens is people do the same dumb ass cheat to get 99 everything My Players and then play against one another in dumb ass shit instead of the mode actually meaning something (putting together a team of 5 people with their My Players and, playing as a team against another team of 5 My players).

It's been a terrible mode since they created it because they NEVER fixed the damn cheat to get infinite skill points to unlock everything, so they got rid of it last year and a vocal minority have been pissing and moaning about it since.

souljahbill
09-18-2012, 01:17 PM
Some stupid shit where people piss and moan about not having it when all that happens is people do the same dumb ass cheat to get 99 everything My Players and then play against one another in dumb ass shit instead of the mode actually meaning something (putting together a team of 5 people with their My Players and, playing as a team against another team of 5 My players).

It's been a terrible mode since they created it because they NEVER fixed the damn cheat to get infinite skill points to unlock everything, so they got rid of it last year and a vocal minority have been pissing and moaning about it since.

Outside of the glitch, that actually sounds pretty cool though 2-on-2 or 3-on-3 halfcourt sounds better.

Papa LoneStar
09-18-2012, 05:10 PM
Similiar to online dynastys and online franchises....it's VERY fun if you're organized and have good people to play with.

JeffHCross
09-18-2012, 05:51 PM

I'd love to be able to set sim win/loss - being able to set score and/or stats would be icing on the cake.The stats would be the difficult part for NCAA, but wow would that ever be useful.

cdj
09-18-2012, 08:52 PM
Outside of the glitch, that actually sounds pretty cool though 2-on-2 or 3-on-3 halfcourt sounds better.

From Community Manager Ronnie Singh on Twitter:

We have a 3 on 3 blacktop online where you can invite your friends to play. You can use your MyPLAYER to team with friends
Also there is almost 0% chance that there will be hacked players this year. It's all stored locally on our servers.
If there were hacked players, you'd run into them in 3 on 3. Anyone who complains about removing hacks obv has a hacked player lol
And for further clarity, TeamUp is in #NBA2K13 as well.
Yeah I wouldn't count on crew as a DLC or anything this year. As Erick said, it's a progression of our online process.

A funny comment from pastapadre on the lack of Crew returning:

Sorry fans of Crew mode, I guess Jay-Z didn't have your back on this one.

cdj
09-21-2012, 08:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYimA-ie790&feature=g-all-u

cdj
09-24-2012, 09:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzvUWl1UxOY

However, some of the controls in the video are wrong. From Mike Wang at OS:

just fyi... some of the controls are incorrect in this trailer:

Bounce Pass = LT+A
Behind the Back = RS away from hoop

As for shots, the trailer just shows how to execute some of the new shots with the face buttons. Shot Stick controls are completely different. For example:

Hop Step Layup = LT+Double Tap RS left or right
Euro Step Layup = LT+Throw RS one way then back the other

JeffHCross
09-24-2012, 10:01 PM
just fyi... some of the controls are incorrect in this trailer:I hope people are taking 2k to task on that. Because if EA did that ... :fp:

Mistakes happen but .... wow. :smh:

Rudy
09-25-2012, 09:48 PM
I played two games of the demo. I lost the first one (one quarter only) with the Heat and won the next with OKC. I have never owned an NBA 2K game for the record but did have college hoops 2K6. The game looks and animates really nice. I like the r-stick but its not the same as Live's. With Live you sort of pushed it in the direction you want to go and do special moves in that direction. 2K's feels like MLB 2K where you have to push it in some combo to pull off a certain move. I was fairly lost on the controls. Didn't know how to post up and I struggled to try to beat guys off the dribble. I did like the bounce pass but it doesn't always do a bounce pass if a guy is too close.

It was fun and it didn't feel as heavy as some of the videos I saw. When you watch NBA 2K it looks real other than Shane Battier who looks like an albino - what the heck happened to his skin tone? This is probably a game for me when I find it on sale on Black Friday for half price or $40 at the most. That's just because I don't play basketball games that much. Basketball games but are usually fun over Christmas holidays after I'm bored with football games and waiting for the baseball games.

I OU a Beatn
09-25-2012, 10:32 PM
The game play in the demo is absolutely delicious. I've had it reserved for awhile now and it's most certainly a day one pick up for me.

NatureBoy
09-26-2012, 08:50 AM
:up: I didn't buy a basketball game last year due to the NBA Lockout. I'm looking forward to picking this up on Tuesday. I can't wait to play as my new look Lakers. Kobe, Nash and Howard on the same team? Sounds like a all star team to me. ;)

cdj
09-26-2012, 07:34 PM
2K Sports made a push to include celebrities and sports personalities within NBA 2K13 primarily for the Twitter feed in MyCareer mode but some will also be featured on a dedicated ‘Celebrity’ team. It’s unclear if the team will have any use beyond simple Play Now games or if it may be part of the All-Star Weekend content.

The team features a lineup of Justin Bieber, JB Smoove, Wale, Bow Wow, Sean Kingston, Meek Mill, Vinny and Pauly D from Jersey Shore, Mac Miller, and Brian Baumgartner.

Courtesy: pastapadre (http://www.pastapadre.com/2012/09/26/celebrity-team-in-nba-2k13)

SmoothPancakes
09-26-2012, 07:59 PM
:fp:

I OU a Beatn
09-26-2012, 08:01 PM
Those retards being in it is almost enough to make me forget how good the demo was and not buy it. Almost.

SmoothPancakes
09-26-2012, 08:03 PM
I am perfectly content sticking with my copy of NBA 2K12 for at least another year and skipping 2K13. There has not been a single thing announced for 2K13 that makes me consider it a must buy.

morsdraconis
09-26-2012, 08:45 PM
I am perfectly content sticking with my copy of NBA 2K12 for at least another year and skipping 2K13. There has not been a single thing announced for 2K13 that makes me consider it a must buy.

Besides the possibility of what they added making it easier to do dribble moves, I see absolutely no reason not to continue to play 2k11. At least it's My Player actually works.

NatureBoy
09-27-2012, 09:23 AM
I think i'm going to switch my pre-order from the 360 to PS3. I don't have enough sports games on my PS3.

NatureBoy
09-27-2012, 11:25 AM
'NBA 2K13' steps up shoe game

Sneakerheads, rejoice. Not only does “NBA 2K13” feature more brands and shoes than ever before, but for the first time, the producers were able to build special shaders in their game to make everything from the patent leather to the rubber pop on screen.

“The cool thing is that now the shoes look tangible,” explains “NBA 2K13” producer Rob Jones as he details all of the cool kicks that made their way into his game.

Joining Adidas, Reebok, Converse, and Nike this year are shoes from Spalding and Under Armour. There’s also a robust editor that enables you to create your own shoe, from color to materials. Create a cool pair of Nikes, and the game will even spit out a code for the Nike ID store so you can order your shoes to wear around in real life, while your player is also sporting them in the game.

If only I could get a code to start dunking in real life like I do in the game

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/tech

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jkWEW852uQ&feature=player_embedded

morsdraconis
09-27-2012, 11:28 AM

cdj
09-27-2012, 11:07 PM
IGN gives the game a 9.1 (http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/28/nba-2k13-review).

It’s both scary and exciting to think how good a game we might get if NBA 2K actually had a serious competitor pushing it to new heights. But even when left with a clear, unobstructed path to the basket, 2K13 throws down a monster jam with this year’s edition – probably the last one developed solely for this generation of consoles. It’s obviously the best hoops game out there, and it might even be the best sports game of all, period.

Video review available here (http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/09/27/nba-2k13-video-review).

SmoothPancakes
09-27-2012, 11:47 PM
IGN gives the game a 9.1 (http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/28/nba-2k13-review).

It’s both scary and exciting to think how good a game we might get if NBA 2K actually had a serious competitor pushing it to new heights. But even when left with a clear, unobstructed path to the basket, 2K13 throws down a monster jam with this year’s edition – probably the last one developed solely for this generation of consoles. It’s obviously the best hoops game out there, and it might even be the best sports game of all, period.

Video review available here (http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/09/27/nba-2k13-video-review).

That sentence right there tells me how much of a joke that review is.

morsdraconis
09-28-2012, 04:58 AM
That sentence right there tells me how much of a joke that review is.

Yup. Yet another review by someone that doesn't actually play the games more than for the review and a tad bit afterwards.

No changes to the AWFUL playcalling system and no changes to AI logic for the draft, trades, or even in general, the overall association mode of the game means I have absolutely NO REASON to buy this game. That said, I'll probably still pirate it because fuck them.

I OU a Beatn
09-28-2012, 10:21 AM
I have no problem with the review whatsoever. The most important aspect of any sports game is it's game play, and having messed around with the demo for a good 2 or 3 hours, the game play is the best in the series. Tuesday can't come soon enough.

morsdraconis
09-28-2012, 10:37 AM
I have no problem with the review whatsoever. The most important aspect of any sports game is it's game play, and having messed around with the demo for a good 2 or 3 hours, the game play is the best in the series. Tuesday can't come soon enough.

Did you actually attempt to play against the CPU on a higher difficulty? Did you attempt to go into the paint without using nothing but basketball moves? Did you attempt to do anything down low with a PF or C that isn't dominate?

All of those gameplay things are ATROCIOUS.

I OU a Beatn
09-28-2012, 11:17 AM
Don't play the CPU. Playing the CPU in any sports game is boring as hell, so I don't do it. Don't really do a whole lot down in the post, either, so I haven't noticed.

JBHuskers
09-28-2012, 11:39 AM
Until I hear some good things after release, or I really get the itch once the season starts, I'll probably stay away. Just get my fix on 2K12. I still haven't played the Jordan stuff on 2K11 either.

NatureBoy
10-01-2012, 08:15 PM
I had planned on going to the midnight release at Gamestop, but since the weather is so nasty outside, I think I will just pick it up tomorrow.

Rudy
10-01-2012, 08:29 PM
Guys with it early on OS are raving about it so far.

morsdraconis
10-01-2012, 08:37 PM
Guys with it early on OS are raving about it so far.

They are the same ones that raved about 2k12, then everyone realized that it was the same old shit, because it is.

Papa LoneStar
10-01-2012, 08:42 PM
Pre-ordered mine today at Gamestop....gotta decide if I want my son to be a 7'2'' 304 center....a 6'8'' 304 power forward....or a 6'7'' 240 SF....leaning towards the center.

NatureBoy
10-01-2012, 09:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_bMh-ZgpU0&feature=relmfu

I don't know whether to :D or :fp:

morsdraconis
10-02-2012, 04:48 AM

Escobar
10-02-2012, 05:41 PM
Has anyone picked up the game? And what do you think, is it worth it to jump from 2k12 to '13?

bdoughty
10-03-2012, 07:40 AM
I don't know whether to :D or :fp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yqshf1pkeM

CLW
10-03-2012, 10:11 AM
I won't buy/play the game for the Bieber being in the game ALONE. Seriously, work on gameplay and presentation and franchise mode and online play don't add FLUFF like Jay-Z, sneakers and Bieber. I'll pass this year and stick with 2K8 College Hoops.

bdoughty
10-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Good heavens this game has presentation out the wazoo and some of the best commentary out there. That is the last thing 2K needs to work on. Having their servers actually online would be nice. I was disconnected twice just updating my players stats.

Never really got into the My Player mode before but just started a career and it is really fun. They cover just about everything a NBA player does outside of making child support payments. Also there is a glitch right now where you can purchase VC points really cheap - 5000 points are 80MP, so I built up my player to something tolerable to play with since VC points are hard to come by.

My Team mode is moronic, as I think most of these Ultimate team things are. I am the Bulls with a bunch of random players and coach playing on the Timberwolves court in a Jazz throwback uniform. This is a mess that I will not make the mistake of clicking on again.

P.S. WTF is with all the flashing gold backgrounds in the menus? Damn Jay-z, you wonder why people get stereotyped. Oooh, I can buy a Platinum Jewelry set and bump my skillz at the same time. :glare:

P.S.S. Please make a college game again.

CLW
10-03-2012, 11:30 AM
Good heavens this game has presentation out the wazoo and some of the best commentary out there. That is the last thing 2K needs to work on. Having their servers actually online would be nice. I was disconnected twice just updating my players stats.

Never really got into the My Player mode before but just started a career and it is really fun. They cover just about everything a NBA player does outside of making child support payments. Also there is a glitch right now where you can purchase VC points really cheap - 5000 points are 80MP, so I built up my player to something tolerable to play with since VC points are hard to come by.

My Team mode is moronic, as I think most of these Ultimate team things are. I am the Bulls with a bunch of random players and coach playing on the Timberwolves court in a Jazz throwback uniform. This is a mess that I will not make the mistake of clicking on again.

P.S. WTF is with all the flashing gold backgrounds in the menus? Damn Jay-z, you wonder why people get stereotyped. Oooh, I can buy a Platinum Jewelry set and bump my skillz at the same time. :glare:

P.S.S. Please make a college game again.

2K8 College Hoops was so.... deep and solid (for its time). I'll probably fire it up again soon and download someone's 12-13 roster set.

skipwondah33
10-03-2012, 01:59 PM
I still haven't played the Jordan stuff on 2K11 either.I was just saying this yesterday.

I want to get me another copy of 2K11 somewhere for cheap so I can finish that stuff. I always knew I'd buy that version again.

skipwondah33
10-03-2012, 02:04 PM
They are the same ones that raved about 2k12, then everyone realized that it was the same old shit, because it is.Haha I bought '12 in March...played a handful of games and traded it in within a few weeks.

JBHuskers
10-03-2012, 02:21 PM
Can you download updated rosters for another user or anything? If you could, I would do it for 2K11.

morsdraconis
10-03-2012, 02:54 PM
Can you download updated rosters for another user or anything? If you could, I would do it for 2K11.

Nope, because 2k turned the fuckin' server off for the 2k11 games, so you can't.

JBHuskers
10-03-2012, 02:55 PM
Current meta is 91, which means it's better than FIFA 13. :D

I OU a Beatn
10-03-2012, 04:26 PM
It is indeed amazing. Best sports simulation I've ever played probably. The attention to detail and the actual game play is top notch. Mode wise it's severely lacking, especially online, but as fun as it is to actually play, it's easy to forget about the lack of in depth online.

Rudy
02-09-2013, 07:48 AM
I got this game at Christmas and am getting into it more now as I'm transitioning away from Madden. The tutorials helped me a lot as I was lost early on with the controls. Very different from Live. I wish I could actually skip some of the presentations. Drives me nuts waiting to get the ball from the ref on out of bounds plays. I am having fun but there are a couple of things that are bugging me about this game. It has a really sluggish feel on defence. I actually wish Madden had the type of momentum that NBA 2K has for players. How football players on grass and cleats can cut better than very athletic basketball players in a gym just doesn't make sense.

Two - the game seems to be very offensive in terms of ratings. Offensive ratings seem to matter a lot, particularly the shooting ratings. I win or lose based on how well I shoot. Same for defence - it only seems to matter how well they shoot.

Defensive ratings themselves seem fairly useless. I was playing the Heat with the Pistons and lost by 10. I was happy I only lost by that amount but many times they had LeBron at the 4 and he was matched up by Maxiell or Villanueva on the wing. He should have been destroying them on the way to the rim or getting off any shot he wanted other than being in the post. Instead I watched Maxiell stop him far easier than I expected. In general, penetration to the rim is not impacted nearly enough by the opposing defensive player. Is it just me? I haven't played that much but this is what I'm seeing in my short time with the game. It makes defensive players pretty useless in the game imo (at least wings and guards).

I should note I am on All-Star using mkmarsh's sliders (for the most part) from OS iirc.

JeffHCross
02-09-2013, 11:46 AM
Is fast break passing still shit like it was last year?

morsdraconis
02-09-2013, 12:10 PM
Is fast break passing still shit like it was last year?

If you have an 80+ rating in passing, it's not.

Rudy
02-09-2013, 02:26 PM
The cpu can fast break for sure and I can do it once in awhile but I can't compare it to any other NBA 2K. The only basketball games I've owned this gen are NBA Live 09 and 10. NBA Live 10 still looks and plays good imo. It doesn't look completely outdated. I had downloaded an updated roster set although some of the tendencies are off. Omar Asik is a black hole on the Rockets for crying out loud.

Escobar
02-12-2013, 01:42 PM
Use these sliders here. http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k-sliders/588315-nba-2k13-eccentric-edition-all-star-slider-set.html They make the game play and feel so much better. It's also very realistic. You can tell the different traits of players and every game feels different like it should be. At the bottom he also has adjustments that should be made if you are playing in Association mode which I am. I am already in Year 4 of my Association which is farther than I have gotten in the previous two 2K games combined. I only picked up the game after Black Friday when they released the patch.

cdj
02-12-2013, 02:21 PM
The 2013 NBA All-Star game kicks off on February 15, and to celebrate 2K Sports is hosting a weeklong sale on NBA 2K13 content, from February 12 - 19. Included in the sale is the game itself, for 50 percent off – $30 in the US for Xbox 360 and PS3, and $10 for PSP. The iOS and Android version is $3, down from $8.

The "All Star Presented by Sprite" content pack is half-off, for 200 MSP on Xbox 360 or $2.50 on PS3, and snag 10,000 virtual currency for 120 MSP or $1.50. All sale content offered for Sony devices is available in North America only.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/12/nba-2k13-gets-into-the-all-star-spirit-with-a-week-of-sales/

JBHuskers
02-12-2013, 02:22 PM
Hmmmmmm.....

Wish it was Vita not PSP.

If I can get this for $20, I might be worth a dive into a quick season with the Celtics on the PS3 side.

Oneback
03-27-2013, 11:32 AM
Wanted to put it out there for everyone - if you're interested in joining the TGT Online Association sign-up here: http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?6601-Online-Association-Sign-up-thread