PDA

View Full Version : TW13 Equipment: Golf Balls

natcret
05-19-2012, 09:58 AM
Thought I would post up a little infor related to the golf balls in the game and a chart comparison of power and spin characteristics. Spin in the game is based on the type of club and the setting of your stance. By stance, I mean placing the ball forward or backward in your stance. Putting the ball full forward (at the top of your left shoe) will cause the ball to go higher and land softer, thus reducing its roll. However, you also get a decrease in distance. In contrast, moving the ball full back in your stance (at the bottom of your right shoe) will decrease the loft of the ball, but increase the distance.

For example, using a pitching wedge, you can place the ball forward in your stance to get a high loft, lower roll characterstic. However, based on the spin characteristics of your ball and the conditions of the green, the ball will spin backwards from a very small amount to a large amount, again, based on the type of green. You will have to find the right mix of ball spin, ball placement, and green conditions to get your ball to either stop, or move forward or backward a very small distance near the cup. Most of all, it will take practice.

EA:
EA Series 1

TaylorMade:
RocketBallz
Penta TP3
Penta TP5

Callaway:
HX Brite
Solaire
TOUR i(z)
TOUR i(s)

Nike:
20X1-S
20X1-X

Bridgestone:
Tour B330
Tour B330-S
Tour B330-RXS
Tour B330-RX
e5
e6
e7

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo60/nataufl/gbs.jpg

SCClassof93
05-19-2012, 11:09 AM
I nominate this for most nerdy post. :P

natcret
05-19-2012, 11:33 AM
:)

psuexv
05-19-2012, 12:21 PM
Nat- your strike meter will also play a role in your spin as well. Hitting low and underneath the ball will create more back spin and also cut down on your distance.

psuexv
05-19-2012, 12:24 PM
Looks like I gotta get my hands on those Nike balls

natcret
05-19-2012, 11:10 PM
Nat- your strike meter will also play a role in your spin as well. Hitting low and underneath the ball will create more back spin and also cut down on your distance.

Thanks PSU. However, I don't know if the strike meter really works the way it is supposed to in the game, i.e. the "hitting into the wind" deal using the strike meter. I have seen more of a ball spin effect by just moving the ball forward and backward in my stance. Anyway, I will check it out as it relates to the strike meter.

psuexv
05-21-2012, 09:05 AM
Thanks PSU. However, I don't know if the strike meter really works the way it is supposed to in the game, i.e. the "hitting into the wind" deal using the strike meter. I have seen more of a ball spin effect by just moving the ball forward and backward in my stance. Anyway, I will check it out as it relates to the strike meter.

Yeah I've only really used it a handful of times. I really need to go into the Practice Facility to get down the distances with the clubs as it really does take a lot of distance off the shot. I think the key with the strike meter is to also have your Spin Attribute relatively high to allow you to put more spin on the ball.

JBHuskers
05-21-2012, 09:42 AM
I wish EA would do a deal with Titleist; however, with Tiger having a deal with Nike, that means Nike has to have the best ball and clubs in the game, and I don't think Titleist wanted to bow down to Nike. They should though considering Ping, Callaway, and Taylor Made don't care.

gigemaggs99
05-27-2012, 11:32 PM
I wish EA would do a deal with Titleist; however, with Tiger having a deal with Nike, that means Nike has to have the best ball and clubs in the game, and I don't think Titleist wanted to bow down to Nike. They should though considering Ping, Callaway, and Taylor Made don't care.

I'm sure Tiger Woods, or any other "nike golfer" could beat the crap out of us with toys r us kids plastic clubs, but if you look at the current and "usual" leader boards on all tours (LPGA, PGA, SR PGA, Eur, etc)...Titleist is usually at the top for irons and balls. Drivers, woods and putters (putters I'd say Ping, Scotty Cameron, & Odyssey are near the top)...... are all over the place, but Irons I would say would be Titleist/Mizuno Blades or Muscle Backs #1.

Tiger Woods played Mizuno Irons until he got his deal with Nike. Mizuno Blades are the choice of top golfers, it's the sponsorships/money that pull them elsewhere.

gigemaggs99
05-27-2012, 11:32 PM
not sure why it double-posted on me