PDA

View Full Version : Sniper Elite V2

psuexv
05-18-2012, 09:38 AM
Anyone get this game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGzyKHl7Geo

SmoothPancakes
05-18-2012, 09:50 AM
I played the demo for it a couple times. It's pretty fun. I might look at picking it up sometime down the road.

psuexv
05-18-2012, 09:54 AM
I played the demo for it a couple times. It's pretty fun. I might look at picking it up sometime down the road.

I like the fact that it's supposed to be more stealthy and not just run and kill everyone.

JBHuskers
05-18-2012, 09:57 AM
I'm thinking about it down the road.

Has anyone played Sniper: Ghost Warrior? Is that any good? It's cheap from Gamefly.

SmoothPancakes
05-18-2012, 09:59 AM
I like the fact that it's supposed to be more stealthy and not just run and kill everyone.

Agreed. That, as well as the option for play with realistic bullet trajectories. I went through the demo once with the realistic option/setting, and damn did I suck. :D It takes a while to get used to having to manually compensate for wind and gravity on distance sniper shots. But it's also much more rewarding when I get that head shot or kill shot through the heart cutscene.

psuexv
05-18-2012, 10:05 AM
I'm thinking about it down the road.

Yeah it's not something that I'll jump on right away but it's on my list when the price drops.

JBHuskers
05-18-2012, 10:08 AM
Sniper: Ghost Warrior looks okay (it's only $10 free ship at Gamefly). Reviews are terrible. But you can't always go off that. It may not be $60 fun, but it could be $10 fun.

I added Sniper Elite V2 to my Amazon Wish List though to keep tabs on it.

JBHuskers
05-18-2012, 10:11 AM
Metacritic on this is 70. (http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/sniper-elite-v2) IMO, that's not a bad score. To me, it'll be fun, it's just not revolutionary.

JBHuskers
05-18-2012, 03:02 PM
Before I try Sniper Elite V2, I decided to get Sniper: Ghost Warrior

$9.99 + tax + free ship at Gamefly (http://www.gamefly.com/Rent-Sniper-Ghost-Warrior/145880/)

psuexv
05-18-2012, 03:04 PM
Before I try Sniper Elite V2, I decided to get Sniper: Ghost Warrior

$9.99 + tax + free ship at Gamefly (http://www.gamefly.com/Rent-Sniper-Ghost-Warrior/145880/)

Cool, let me know how it is

DariusLock
05-18-2012, 10:03 PM
Lol Kill cam of the week #4 the bullet goes through the guys skull and out his ass.

JBHuskers
05-20-2012, 09:59 PM
I have a $45 gift card I got out of a Norton rebate. Was tempted to get this at Target today. Maybe after the move.

JBHuskers
05-21-2012, 10:18 AM
Pretty overwhelming in the positive reviews by users from Metacritic on this.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/sniper-elite-v2/user-reviews

psusnoop
05-21-2012, 11:41 AM
May have to check that out as well. Looks interesting and once the price drops I may jump on that.

baseballplyrmvp
05-21-2012, 09:53 PM
is this a new game? cuz its not on the xbox marketplace. :confused:

SmoothPancakes
05-21-2012, 10:17 PM
Yeah, it just came out on May 1st.

baseballplyrmvp
05-21-2012, 10:58 PM
downloaded the demo....pretty fun for only playing it for 30 minutes. pretty arcady with the whole killshot cutscene....but it could be fun. i didnt get very far in the demo though.

AustinWolv
05-22-2012, 01:04 AM
I played the demo several times a couple weeks back and was pleasantly surprised. Definitely going to get this game down the road. Can't justify the price right now, since I'm picking up Ghost Recon on the 22nd, plus I have a bunch of other games to burn through first.

JBHuskers
05-23-2012, 11:26 PM
Just played the demo. I'm definitely impressed. This will be a buy sometime soon.

baseballplyrmvp
05-24-2012, 10:39 PM
Just played the demo. I'm definitely impressed. This will be a buy sometime soon.:+1:

just had a 200m shot that resulted in 4 deaths with 1 shot. i must have hit a grenade or something, because a remote detonation happened, which took out an additional 3 enemies.. lol

Kwizzy
05-25-2012, 09:00 AM
I played this demo & had a pretty good time. One thing I would hope is true of levels within the game is for them to be a bit bigger and have more than 1 well layed path through them. I just thought there wasn't enough room to maneuver without having to shoot a bunch of guys at some point.

JBHuskers
05-25-2012, 09:52 AM
Only negative I've heard on this game is that it's fairly short.

AustinWolv
05-25-2012, 10:09 AM
1 well layed path through them. I just thought there wasn't enough room to maneuver without having to shoot a bunch of guys at some point.
That's what I felt a little bit from the demo as well.....that I wish it was a little more free-roaming, but not overly wide open. I can recall thinking at a couple points that I wish I could get up to that vantage point or location, but wasn't allowed to.

The other thing I didn't like was that it seemed bad guys could just see you inside a building from outside when there is no way someone can see into the darkness of an unlit building through windows and see you.......that is common practice to be set back a few feet from a window or opening, but in the demo it didn't seem to make a difference in being located or not.

Still, I look forward to playing this game down the road.

JBHuskers
05-25-2012, 12:22 PM
Price has dropped to $43.88... (http://www.amazon.com/Sniper-Elite-V2-Playstation-3/dp/B005EZ5GW8/ref=as_li_tf_sw?&linkCode=wsw&tag=thegamtai-20)

Ooops. Never mind. Amazon has sold out. This was from a 3rd party.

JBHuskers
06-11-2012, 10:35 AM
Price on this has now dropped to $39.99 on Amazon. (http://www.amazon.com/Sniper-Elite-V2-Playstation-3/dp/B005EZ5GW8/ref=as_li_tf_sw?&linkCode=wsw&tag=thegamtai-20)

psuexv
06-12-2012, 10:15 AM
Price on this has now dropped to $39.99 on Amazon. (http://www.amazon.com/Sniper-Elite-V2-Playstation-3/dp/B005EZ5GW8/ref=as_li_tf_sw?&linkCode=wsw&tag=thegamtai-20)

Man that's a good deal. I need to finish UC3 and get it traded in and buy this.

SmoothPancakes
04-05-2013, 01:07 AM
So I bought this game on Sunday when Gamefly had it on sale for $12.99, and last look, Gamefly has it for sale for $14.99 as of about 8 hours ago.

I had completely forgotten about it until one of my friends randomly mentioned it in a text talking about some demos he had downloaded. I'm three missions into the story mode right now, and loving this game. The criticism of there being a path already laid out and you're just following it is correct. You can still go off the beaten path a little bit, going into bombed out buildings or interiors of buildings and usually find a random soldier or two in there to get into fight with or some free ammo. There are also gold bars throughout each mission, 10 per mission, to find, so you can go hunting in various buildings or alleyways to try and find one. But when it comes time to advance the storyline, you're walking down an already drawn path.

Still a ton of fun though. Sniping enemies from over 200 meters away and watching the bullet trajectory kill cam explode their skulls or eye sockets or hearts/lungs never gets old. My sweetest kill so far, through three missions, was on the second mission, the one you played through in the demo. I was in a bombed out building, missed a shot on someone and had enemies running after me. I got stuck while trying to make my way around a missing floor, and ended up with two guys shooting MP40s at me from about 15-20 feet away. I had my sniper rifle still equipped at the time so I'm just popping off rounds at them hoping to kill them before I die, when suddenly it goes into a bullet trajectory kill cam. The bullet just missed the guy in front, continued on and into the stomach of the guy in back, went through his liver and kidney, exited out his lower back, and then somehow hit a grenade that he had on his belt as a sudden explosion erupted that killed both of them. Easily the most badass killcam that I have ever had in this game, between the demo and the full game. It was without a doubt a one in a million shot.

psuexv
04-05-2013, 07:58 AM
yeah this game is pretty cool. The laid out path does get irritating, I hate it when I could easily climb a wall and sneak around some guys but it makes me go right through them.

AustinWolv
04-05-2013, 11:41 AM
Yep, played through it. One of those sleeper games IMO that didn't get a lot of press, but is fun and definitely worth playing through.

JBHuskers
04-05-2013, 11:41 AM
Yep, played through it. One of those sleeper games IMO that didn't get a lot of press, but is fun and definitely worth playing through.

I really dig this game. Need to get back into it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

AustinWolv
04-05-2013, 11:51 AM
The only complaint I think of about it off the top of my head is that certain areas are obviously set up as bottlenecks. I wish there was a bit more stealth involved, as in sniping a guy down in the open from some huge array of buildings, you should be back in the shadows and be able to move and stay pretty hard to find, but in the game, you get found way too easily IMO. That and some areas felt like you were basically engaging a wave of enemies in a restricted area, hence bottleneck, that forced the action instead of really taking them out in an intimidating manner. A sniper is a force-multiplier that can basically halt a company through intimidation, not a glorified funnel of lead that the game set up at times.

SmoothPancakes
04-05-2013, 11:59 AM
The only complaint I think of about it off the top of my head is that certain areas are obviously set up as bottlenecks. I wish there was a bit more stealth involved, as in sniping a guy down in the open from some huge array of buildings, you should be back in the shadows and be able to move and stay pretty hard to find, but in the game, you get found way too easily IMO. That and some areas felt like you were basically engaging a wave of enemies in a restricted area, hence bottleneck, that forced the action instead of really taking them out in an intimidating manner. A sniper is a force-multiplier that can basically halt a company through intimidation, not a glorified funnel of lead that the game set up at times.

Yeah, that was my issue with the second mission. You're supposed to set up and blow explosives to stop a convoy and kill the scientist in the convoy. No sniper in their mind would go through shooting and killing everyone between him and his objective. Reveals the fact that he's there in the first place and gives away his position to the enemy. And the convoy, if there was word of a sniper around that area killing multiple soldiers, do you really think that convoy still go through that area?

It would have been a much, much better mission to have to sneak around and not get spotted or engage the enemy, trying to get through the area via rooftops, abandoned buildings or bombed out buildings, and when you do have to kill an enemy, to silently kill them and then move and hide the body so to not alert the others in the area. In a mission like that, you shouldn't be shooting your first bullet (other than your silenced pistol) until you are up in the building shooting the explosives to stop the convoy.