PDA

View Full Version : Practice facility ?

gigemaggs99
05-17-2012, 10:33 AM
Is there a way to practice bunker shots?

When I go to the short game practice area and attempt to move the ball to a bunker so I can practice sand shots it tells me I cannot drop/place the ball here.

Can someone tell me how we can practice these shots?

Thanks.

Marlowe
05-17-2012, 12:07 PM
I think practice facility is only included on collectors edition. I have the standard version and it is not on there. One way to practice shots is just to go into play now and turn mulligans on or set to unlimited. That's how I was doing it anyway.

JBHuskers
05-17-2012, 12:37 PM
Off the top of my head I don't know, but I thought you could place the ball anywhere.

JDFlakes
05-18-2012, 08:55 AM
Is there a way to practice bunker shots?

When I go to the short game practice area and attempt to move the ball to a bunker so I can practice sand shots it tells me I cannot drop/place the ball here.

Can someone tell me how we can practice these shots?

Thanks.

I have the collector's edition and when I go to the practice facility to practice the "short game"....I can move the ball into the bunkers.

SCClassof93
05-19-2012, 11:05 AM
I have the collector's edition and when I go to the practice facility to practice the "short game"....I can move the ball into the bunkers.

I think you need more time there. :P

gigemaggs99
05-19-2012, 02:07 PM
Strange, I also have the CE and I go to the short game area, then press select and attempt to move the ball into the bunker and drop it there, when I press X it tells me "cannot drop/place the ball here."

gigemaggs99
05-19-2012, 09:29 PM
I must have been trying to drop the ball on a sidehill lie in the bunker, went back to the shortgame area and dropped the ball in the middle of the bunker and it works great.

Sorry, amateur hour here....

JDFlakes
05-20-2012, 09:12 AM
I must have been trying to drop the ball on a sidehill lie in the bunker, went back to the shortgame area and dropped the ball in the middle of the bunker and it works great.

Sorry, amateur hour here....

practice, practice, practice.......and more practice = fair player !! :nod:

gigemaggs99
05-27-2012, 11:39 PM
practice, practice, practice.......and more practice = fair player !! :nod:

I agree 100%, The thing that's killing me is the pull-hooks w/ this MOVE controller. I'll have a great round going and BAM pull hook a drive out of bounds, or into a lateral hazard. I'll hurt myself with some poor approaches that again pull/hook w/ this MOVE controller I need to practice with and the wheels fall off my round.

I will go from -2 to -3 under to BAM +7 FAST.

It's fun though, I'm glad it's hard if I could shoot -18 in 1 round it would get boring fast. If the pros, the best they can do is -31 for 4 rounds at par 72, then I shouldn't be able to shoot lower than -31...in my opinion.

gigemaggs99
05-28-2012, 04:29 PM
Getting better played my 1st rd of this weeks CC tourny and shot -4. Not close to the final of -43 but it's better than +25.

Happy Swinging!