PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football 13 - Quick Clips

Pages : [1] 2

gschwendt
05-10-2012, 01:44 PM
Each Thursday, a new NCAA Football 13 'Quick Clip' will be posted showcasing different aspects of the game in action.

All clips will be archived in this thread. After checking out the video(s), share your thoughts with the community below.

Clip #1 - NCAA Football 13 Gameplay USC Intro with Rece Davis In Studio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaZGMMxWuoE

Clip #2 - NCAA Football 13 Gameplay USC vs. Oregon Part Two

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2bu3XLCqaY

Clip #3 - NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Clips feat. Maryland & Michigan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kXLWMnxqvjQ

JBHuskers
05-10-2012, 02:33 PM
Love it ... it's going to add a lot to the game, and this is only the base for a new commentary model as well. Can't wait to see how this will grow in the years to come.

souljahbill
05-10-2012, 02:35 PM
Video showcasing Rece Davis' contribution to the game this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=elabdZAXSqI

That's perfect! That's exactly how it should be. Warmups BEFORE intros.

Big Blue
05-10-2012, 03:14 PM
Only issue I have with pre-game is the crowd doesn't really react to the trojan plunging the sword into the turf, the crowd just seems a little bit too quiet.

morsdraconis
05-10-2012, 03:17 PM
Ack. Those cheerleader pom-poms looked atrocious. Damn EA. Do something right for once. God!

Marlowe
05-10-2012, 03:22 PM
Will you be able to click through those updates?

xMrHitStickx904
05-10-2012, 03:32 PM
That video is nice. Not sure if anybody brought this up, but it would be great if the ticker & updates were not only for play now & online games, it would show real life scores & updates too. NBA 2K does a great job of showing scores from other sports & the NBA from real life events.

gschwendt
05-10-2012, 03:36 PM
Will you be able to click through those updates?
Yes, you certainly can.

That video is nice. Not sure if anybody brought this up, but it would be great if the ticker & updates were not only for play now & online games, it would show real life scores & updates too. NBA 2K does a great job of showing scores from other sports & the NBA from real life events.
I mentioned it and essentially they were concerned about creating additional lag, and particularly during gameplay.

beartide06
05-10-2012, 03:47 PM
I can only imagine how great the commentating will be in the coming years for this series. Looks like a great start! I agree with Big Blue though, the crowd needs to react more to the sword being stabbed into the ground.

ryby6969
05-10-2012, 04:45 PM
One question I have is when you break a record in dynasty like rushing yards or TD's, do you have to listen to them comment about it everytime you touch the ball after?

Deuce
05-10-2012, 05:56 PM
Damn...was hoping the dynasty podcast would be up today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBHuskers
05-10-2012, 06:10 PM
Ack. Those cheerleader pom-poms looked atrocious. Damn EA. Do something right for once. God!

:D

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

JBHuskers
05-10-2012, 06:16 PM
One question I have is when you break a record in dynasty like rushing yards or TD's, do you have to listen to them comment about it everytime you touch the ball after?

:D that is a pain in the ass.

I'm not sure on that. Commentary wasn't completed fully in April. I don't even think Rece's dialog pregame was in yet back then.

ryby6969
05-10-2012, 06:52 PM
Yeah, especially when they come back to play another season. :D

beartide06
05-10-2012, 07:15 PM
Does this "quick clip" video take place of the podcast today?

Jayrah
05-10-2012, 07:22 PM
Does this "quick clip" video take place of the podcast today?Goodness I hope not. I wouldn't think so since this is an every week thing from now on. I wonder if they'll be showing us gameplay stuff or mostly presentation stuff through these quick clips. I would hope for a qtr per week.

beartide06
05-10-2012, 07:32 PM
Goodness I hope not. I wouldn't think so since this is an every week thing from now on. I wonder if they'll be showing us gameplay stuff or mostly presentation stuff through these quick clips. I would hope for a qtr per week.

I would love for a quarter a week. Maybe they will finish this game up with AT LEAST a half quarter next week. It would be nice to see some of the game play and new commentating in action.

gschwendt
05-10-2012, 08:47 PM
You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?571-NCAA-Football-13-Quick-Clips

JeffHCross
05-10-2012, 08:55 PM
The only I problem I have with Rece's addition is, by comparison, Brad's audio just seems clunky and out-of-date. Very impressed by what's been added.

Similarly, with the quality of the overall pre-game intro, the band scene just looks lacking. It's weird how something can go from good to below average just when new things get added to compare it to.

Overall, a nice clip. Though I'm sure somewhere there's someone overanalyzing the kick return and who will now proclaim KICK RETURNS ARE TOO EASY!

beartide06
05-10-2012, 10:10 PM
The only I problem I have with Rece's addition is, by comparison, Brad's audio just seems clunky and out-of-date. Very impressed by what's been added.

Similarly, with the quality of the overall pre-game intro, the band scene just looks lacking. It's weird how something can go from good to below average just when new things get added to compare it to.

Overall, a nice clip. Though I'm sure somewhere there's someone overanalyzing the kick return and who will now proclaim KICK RETURNS ARE TOO EASY!

I agree with you. You can surely tell a difference from the new and the old commentary. It has a completely different sound to it in my opinion. However, this is the start of a multi year cycle that I am sure we will see greatly improved on.

Speaking of this, did any CD guys notice some significant fresh and new commentary from Brad and Kirk?

Man, what are you talking about!? It is clear that kickoffs are going to be way too easy! It's part of the improved special teams package!! :D

Dregnus
05-11-2012, 08:08 AM
Commentary does a pretty bad job of flowing in the studio update:

For the Texas vs. Texas Tech: The Longhorns come into the game ranked 9th, after the bitterly disappointing loss, how far will the pollsters move them down. THE UNTHINKABLE HAS HAPPENED!!....a major upset, the Red Raiders get the win, 24-17.

(Those two statements should be reversed, with the announcement, and then the commentary, not the commentary, and then the announcement)

For Georgia Tech vs. Maryland: The yellow jackets come in ranked #15, that loss will damage their position in the polls. As for Maryland, they've won two straight. The Terrapins claim the W 31-24. (Again, probably want to say the Terrapins claim the W, 31-24, then have the commentary).

I think if you reverse those statements the entire thing would flow much, much better.

Not going to comment on the gameplay, except to say that I hope returning the ball from deep within your own end zone and running past your own blockers by the 20 will not consistently get you great starting field position at the 35...

EDIT: One other thing someone else noticed, the sim stats aren't quite right. HB #1 (Crowell) with 35 carries for 222 yards, that would be a career game for him (but isn't outside the realm of possibility). But the bad one is HB #17 (Orwin Smith) for Georgia Tech. The number of yards gained and the 2 TDs are fine, but 24 carries is not. He had 61 carries all of last year.

Jayrah
05-11-2012, 11:32 AM
By the way we've gotten off topic and there isn't even real gameplay in this video. I do love the addition of the updates, even if it's not the best mix every time. You can't overstate the importance of bringing the landscape to the forefront while you're playing a game as opposed to waiting till the week is advanced to get in on the important action.

Anybody know when the podcast is coming? I'm a little peeved that we haven't had it.

Deuce
05-11-2012, 11:36 AM
Anybody know when the podcast is coming? I'm a little peeved that we haven't had it.

I've been checking the Facebook page often and still have seen anything. I was looking forward to this one so hopefully it'll be up soon.

Edit: it just came up. It's on their Facebook page.

ram29jackson
05-11-2012, 01:31 PM
..so...it appears that EA thinks the Trojans will win the National Championship this year..

ram29jackson
05-11-2012, 01:35 PM
he's pronouncing San Gabriel wrong LOL

ram29jackson
05-11-2012, 01:42 PM
seriously..its overbearing,its lame, .. I havent gotten to a play yet and I have to sit through 3 fictional scores interrupting my game..whats so great about that ?I'm not being a bitch I'm just saying its kind of silly in the video game..."thanks Reese, no score here yet"..of course there isn't,the game just started LOL

AustinWolv
05-11-2012, 02:38 PM
A little late to the party, but I did watch the clip yesterday and found it pretty damn entertaining. I like the Update.

OSUCowboyofMD
05-13-2012, 07:00 PM
That's still a really awkward silence when the players are coming out....

Little Steve
05-13-2012, 07:07 PM
..so...it appears that EA thinks the Trojans will win the National Championship this year..

You know Andrew Luck? How they talked about how he's the next John Elway? The same goes for this guy. Get ready he's gonna be all over ESPN man.

Thats not all of it they have some key players returning to. Who ever gets that guy in the next draft is one lucky team.(nfl)

Little Steve
05-13-2012, 07:08 PM
That's still a really awkward silence when the players are coming out....
agreed

ram29jackson
05-14-2012, 03:48 AM
You know Andrew Luck? How they talked about how he's the next John Elway? The same goes for this guy. Get ready he's gonna be all over ESPN man.

Thats not all of it they have some key players returning to. Who ever gets that guy in the next draft is one lucky team.(nfl)

believe me, I know..theyve said he's got all the tools etc..and I live in So Cal. So yeah, I've heard LOL

psuexv
05-14-2012, 10:46 AM
I'm sure I'm in the minority here but I don't particularly care for the studio updates as a cut away. It takes me away from the game and from the video it really isn't a quick cut away. I'd much prefer to have a ticker with running scores and then a bottom line alert like ESPN has now with a voiceover from Rece.

Jayrah
05-14-2012, 11:40 AM
I'm sure I'm in the minority here but I don't particularly care for the studio updates as a cut away. It takes me away from the game and from the video it really isn't a quick cut away. I'd much prefer to have a ticker with running scores and then a bottom line alert like ESPN has now with a voiceover from Rece. I think there are varying time lengths of cut away based on what's happening in the game...

psuexv
05-14-2012, 11:42 AM
I think there are varying time lengths of cut away based on what's happening in the game...

That may be the case but for me any cut away is too long. Like I said I would prefer a voice over that doesn't cut me away from the game.

psusnoop
05-14-2012, 12:17 PM
Yeah I don't mind it really, I think it will add to the feel of "watching" a game on Saturday afternoon minus the replay video.

psuexv
05-14-2012, 12:29 PM
Yeah I don't mind it really, I think it will add to the feel of "watching" a game on Saturday afternoon minus the replay video.

Like I said, I know I'm in the minority. But when I'm playing a game, I don't want to feel like I'm "watching" a game. I would be interested to see after the game has been released for a month or 2, how many people actually watch the update.

steelerfan
05-14-2012, 01:10 PM
Like I said, I know I'm in the minority. But when I'm playing a game, I don't want to feel like I'm "watching" a game. I would be interested to see after the game has been released for a month or 2, how many people actually watch the update.

You're also someone that impatiently buttons-through everything though. I don't. I watch all of it. I'd bet I'll watch these too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

psuexv
05-14-2012, 01:15 PM
You're also someone that impatiently buttons-through everything though. I don't. I watch all of it. I'd bet I'll watch these too.

Actually not true. I watch all replays. And will watch most of the intros and the opening cuts until the intros become boring. And if they did like a halftime update I could get into that. But when I'm actually in game I don't really want to cut away unless it is to watch a great play that just happened and definitely don't want something that takes me away from the game at hand.

steelerfan
05-14-2012, 01:21 PM
Actually not true. I watch all replays. And will watch most of the intros and the opening cuts until the intros become boring. And if they did like a halftime update I could get into that. But when I'm actually in game I don't really want to cut away unless it is to watch a great play that just happened and definitely don't want something that takes me away from the game at hand.

Ok. I was basing that on you saying you button-through intros and such. The good news for you is that you'll be able to button-through this too (though it will be more difficult to do, think of it as a new mini-game for you). ;)

psuexv
05-14-2012, 01:25 PM
Ok. I was basing that on you saying you button-through intros and such. The good news for you is that you'll be able to button-through this too (though it will be more difficult to do, think of it as a new mini-game for you). ;)

And there is the issue. I think the info that it's providing is nice and would like to hear breaking scores, but I don't want to sit through a cut scene to get it. And I'm sure that most people are sitting here saying yes this is awesome, but I would be interested to see if after a couple of months people are still watching them. If they are not, then it's actually not a good feature.

ram29jackson
05-14-2012, 01:47 PM
do these update scores change every year between the same 2 teams or will they be the same score update every year?

and will the final scores in the updates actually be the final scores recorded in the dynasty at the end of the game/week?

steelerfan
05-14-2012, 01:55 PM
do these update scores change every year between the same 2 teams or will they be the same score update every year?

and will the final scores in the updates actually be the final scores recorded in the dynasty at the end of the game/week?

The updates are of the games that have been simmed for that week. They are not pre-determined, or canned, in any way. They will change according to what is really happening in your dynasty. The final scores you see will be the final scores at the week's end.

psuexv
05-14-2012, 02:08 PM

So Ram, let me get this straight. You're asking if these are going to be truly fictitious scores, the game is just going to make up scores and for some reason give you a random update on a game that has never happened?

ram29jackson
05-14-2012, 02:19 PM
So Ram, let me get this straight. You're asking if these are going to be truly fictitious scores, the game is just going to make up scores and for some reason give you a random update on a game that has never happened?

truly fictitious scores :D....

Steeler had it more right when he said canned... I'm saying I wouldnt be surprised if you noticed after 3 years that its always 24-17 at the end of the 3rd qtr in the USC -Oregon game etc.

its a video game I dont expect much in this area nor do I care because i'm in my game on the field..the updates will be a nuisance after a while possibly to me

SmoothPancakes
05-14-2012, 02:23 PM

Steeler had it more right when he said canned... I'm saying I wouldnt be surprised if you noticed after 3 years that its always 24-17 at the end of the 3rd qtr in the USC -Oregon game etc.

its a video game I dont expect much in this area nor do I care because i'm in my game on the field..the updates will be a nuisance after a while possibly to me

Yeah, you're onto them, EA better just come clean now. Those fools thinking they could slip something like that by you. Yep, every game in the ticker/updates for every week of every season will follow a quarter by quarter pattern of 7-3 after the 1st, 17-10 at halftime, 24-17 after the third and 31-24 for the final. Every single CPU game in the history of your dynasty will have the final of 31-24, hope you like that score, because you'll see it a lot.

ram29jackson
05-14-2012, 02:26 PM
Yeah, you're onto them, EA better just come clean now. Those fools thinking they could slip something like that by you. Yep, every game in the ticker/updates for every week of every season will follow a quarter by quarter pattern of 7-3 after the 1st, 17-10 at halftime, 24-17 after the third and 31-24 for the final. Every single CPU game in the history of your dynasty will have the final of 31-24, hope you like that score, because you'll see it a lot.

dude, i'm not assuming anything or bashing anyone, I'm asking a question is all

Kwizzy
05-14-2012, 03:00 PM

I see what Ram is getting at. Like in the past you would only be updated on your HB's rushing stats at very well defined stat marks for instance: HB hits 100 rushing yards, show stat line.

In talking with one of the devs for an hour or so about some of the new technology they're getting you should start to see far less of this. Their old technology made them only display things at certain bench marks (100 yds, 10 catches, etc...), their new technology should allow them to be more dynamic with info in general (which im assuming should apply to the studio updates as well). For instance, they can now say things like: HB X is an important player, what are his stats right now?

They obviously can still call up benchmark stats but now they can do other things as well.

Obviously this is a new system & you need to incorporate it over time with the commentary to support it and what not but it's gonna be neat to see them use it more in the future.

SmoothPancakes
05-14-2012, 03:04 PM

Geez dude, I was just giving you some shit. :D

ram29jackson
05-14-2012, 03:10 PM
Geez dude, I was just giving you some shit. :D

:) I cant read the inflection from flat words on a screen duude

psuexv
05-14-2012, 03:11 PM
I see what Ram is getting at. Like in the past you would only be updated on your HB's rushing stats at very well defined stat marks for instance: HB hits 100 rushing yards, show stat line.

I actually don't think that is what he was getting at based on the original question and asking if the scores change every year.

But that is really cool info to note and a definite welcome change.

SmoothPancakes
05-14-2012, 03:14 PM
:) I cant read the inflection from flat words on a screen duude

Well, with a reply like that, the sarcasm is just oozing from that post, so it's pretty simple to see I was just giving you shit and being sarcastic as hell.

ram29jackson
05-14-2012, 03:22 PM
Well, with a reply like that, the sarcasm is just oozing from that post, so it's pretty simple to see I was just giving you shit and being sarcastic as hell.

:) well, yeah, but i've been sarcastic and still meant it..if you know what I'm saying LOL...whats Penn State's gonna be ranked this year in game ? a really strong B or B-..or a really strong C+ ?

Rudy
05-14-2012, 06:01 PM
I really like the cut away stuff. I'll definitely watch them. Any word on an improved halftime show with Rece?

Rudy
05-14-2012, 06:12 PM
In talking with one of the devs for an hour or so about some of the new technology they're getting you should start to see far less of this. Their old technology made them only display things at certain bench marks (100 yds, 10 catches, etc...), their new technology should allow them to be more dynamic with info in general (which im assuming should apply to the studio updates as well). For instance, they can now say things like: HB X is an important player, what are his stats right now?

They obviously can still call up benchmark stats but now they can do other things as well.

Obviously this is a new system & you need to incorporate it over time with the commentary to support it and what not but it's gonna be neat to see them use it more in the future.

Their old benchmark system felt very canned and made the presentation look very weak imo. You rarely saw stat pop ups, rarely saw game tracks which was a great idea but poorly utilized, and we had no dynamic commentary that discussed season long stats or how a player did last week. I really hope this is truly improved in NCAA 13.

JeffHCross
05-14-2012, 07:18 PM
Eric, I think if the studio updates come at times of drama or when I don't want to be distracted, I'll agree with you that I won't like the cut away. But if they come at "logical" times, like when a real game would be cutting to commercial (end of quarter, halftime, after a change of possession), then I think they'll be okay. It's going to take some getting used to though.

psuexv
05-14-2012, 09:23 PM
Eric, I think if the studio updates come at times of drama or when I don't want to be distracted, I'll agree with you that I won't like the cut away. But if they come at "logical" times, like when a real game would be cutting to commercial (end of quarter, halftime, after a change of possession), then I think they'll be okay. It's going to take some getting used to though.

Yeah exactly. I could easily handle quarter and half cut aways.

SmoothPancakes
05-14-2012, 09:32 PM

Yeah exactly. I could easily handle quarter and half cut aways.

Yeah, I would guess for certain between quarters and at halftime. Looks like there's gonna be one after the opening kickoff to give a review of what's happened so far in the day before your game. And then they could sprinkle some in here and there either between field goals/extra points and the ensuing kickoff, or after various kickoffs and before the offense takes the field.

It would be a big fuck up if they put them in between plays in an offensive series. That would destroy the offensive momentum to have an update suddenly pop up after a big play in a drive that's rolling down the field.

psuexv
05-14-2012, 09:35 PM
Well I guess that is why I'm kinda down on it. I'm under the assumption it is going to be in between plays.

SmoothPancakes
05-14-2012, 09:43 PM
Well I guess that is why I'm kinda down on it. I'm under the assumption it is going to be in between plays.

God I hope not. I know we all have our various issues where EA has screwed the pooch time and again over the years on various features and bugs, but I can't believe for a second EA would be that stupid as to put studio updates in between actual plays. You have perfect times for updates already pre-built into the game: after field goals/PATs, possibly after kickoffs and before the offense comes out, and end of quarter/halftime.

With those spots, you would automatically get an absolute bare minimum of 6 studio updates each game (in a 3-0 or 7-0 final, after opening kickoff, after first quarter, at halftime, after opening kickoff in second half, after third quarter, and after the field goal or touchdown to take the lead). In high scoring games or back and forth affairs, you could easily get 10-15+ studio updates mixed in at various points in the game.

There's no reason for them to do anything else like putting it between plays.

JeffHCross
05-14-2012, 09:52 PM
Well I guess that is why I'm kinda down on it. I'm under the assumption it is going to be in between plays.It won't be. I'm confident in that. At least not any more "randomly in-between plays" than your average "what the hell are they cutting to commercial now for" moments. Like between the kickoff return and the first play of an offensive series.

I can't find the blog where it was said, but there was an emphasis that it will happen on "natural" cut-in moments. Or something like that. It may have been during the webcast.

EDIT: Kotaku's article (http://kotaku.com/5909126/ncaa-footballs-dynasty-is-back-in-actionbut-first-heres-rece-davis-with-an-update).

These studio updates will occur at natural points in the game. In a game I was playing, a Stanford-Notre Dame matchup that started at 4 p.m. Eastern, right after I kicked the extra point on my first touchdown Nessler turned it over to Davis, who informed us that Virginia Tech had survived an upset scare from Duke to stay on top of the ACC's Coastal Division.

psuexv
05-14-2012, 09:57 PM
I guess I base it off of the highlight tracker or whatever they have now, that's why I end up skipping past them as I hit X to get to the huddle

psusnoop
05-15-2012, 07:33 AM
It won't be. I'm confident in that. At least not any more "randomly in-between plays" than your average "what the hell are they cutting to commercial now for" moments. Like between the kickoff return and the first play of an offensive series.

I can't find the blog where it was said, but there was an emphasis that it will happen on "natural" cut-in moments. Or something like that. It may have been during the webcast.

EDIT: Kotaku's article (http://kotaku.com/5909126/ncaa-footballs-dynasty-is-back-in-actionbut-first-heres-rece-davis-with-an-update).

That's what I remembered as well Jeff.

psuexv
05-15-2012, 10:31 AM
It won't be. I'm confident in that. At least not any more "randomly in-between plays" than your average "what the hell are they cutting to commercial now for" moments. Like between the kickoff return and the first play of an offensive series.

That's what I remembered as well Jeff.

I take it you two didn't watch the video in the article. The very 1st cut away at the :19 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=beMq_p8Z2VE#t=15s) mark happens right after a running play

steelerfan
05-15-2012, 11:12 AM
I take it you two didn't watch the video in the article. The very 1st cut away at the :19 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=beMq_p8Z2VE#t=15s) mark happens right after a running play

That's not a running play. It's the opening kick of the second half.

psuexv
05-15-2012, 11:15 AM
That's not a running play. It's the opening kick of the second half.

How in the world are you establishing that?

SmoothPancakes
05-15-2012, 11:27 AM

Because the clock says 4:57 after the guy gets tackled, and EA uses 5 minute quarters for everything.

Also, after the runner gets tackled, it then pops up and says 1st and 10, and since it doesn't look like he just broke a long run (based on where all the other players are on the field), it would 2nd down.

And third, that is NO offensive formation I have every seen where all 10 players are just randomly running around while the guy with the ball goes running up into a massive pile of players (that looks just like a kickoff return).

steelerfan
05-15-2012, 11:43 AM

Because the clock says 4:57 after the guy gets tackled, and EA uses 5 minute quarters for everything.

Also, after the runner gets tackled, it then pops up and says 1st and 10, and since it doesn't look like he just broke a long run (based on where all the other players are on the field), it would 2nd down.

And third, that is NO offensive formation I have every seen where all 10 players are just randomly running around while the guy with the ball goes running up into a massive pile of players (that looks just like a kickoff return).

Yep.

psuexv
05-15-2012, 12:21 PM

Ahh, I even looked at the clock. I guess I'm so used to running 8 and 9 minute quarters that the 5 min didn't click.

Jayrah
05-15-2012, 12:40 PM
How in the world are you establishing that?C'mon Man! You really thought that was a run play? :D

psuexv
05-15-2012, 01:23 PM
C'mon Man! You really thought that was a run play? :D

Honestly when I first looked at it yeah. I didn't over analyze it, just saw the guy running getting tackled and cutscene.

Jayrah
05-16-2012, 02:26 AM
Honestly when I first looked at it yeah. I didn't over analyze it, just saw the guy running getting tackled and cutscene.That's funny I immediately knew kickoff return when he said "get's out to the 23".

mtoo22
05-17-2012, 01:30 PM
Are we getting a clip today?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II with Tapatalk 2

JBHuskers
05-17-2012, 04:50 PM
Freshly uploaded by EA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2bu3XLCqaY

ryby6969
05-17-2012, 05:02 PM
The run at the 1:20 mark worries me about the ability to bounce it out side and not lose speed. Otherwise, looks good.

Little Steve
05-17-2012, 05:07 PM
Is that 12 or 13. i can't tell the differnce in gameplay.

Jayrah
05-17-2012, 05:14 PM
Is that 12 or 13. i can't tell the differnce in gameplay.Are you serious? :deadhorse:

Jayrah
05-17-2012, 05:16 PM
I'm really hoping/assuming this is Varsity setting, because the D-backs stop far too often while the ball is in the air. That will drive me nuts on AA and/or Heisman.

procops1
05-17-2012, 05:17 PM
it really does look the same as last year. i enjoyed the game last year. but i feel like its the same product with Rece Davis now (which I'm stoked about.) I'm not trying to be an EA hater, I've loved these games since 02 but i am now considering not buying this game. a first for me

Little Steve
05-17-2012, 05:22 PM
it really does look the same as last year. i enjoyed the game last year. but i feel like its the same product with Rece Davis now (which I'm stoked about.) I'm not trying to be an EA hater, I've loved these games since 02 but i am now considering not buying this game. a first for me
agreed and i like when people post the dead horse thing 2...:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

WolverineJay
05-17-2012, 05:30 PM
I can tell the difference in QB release (way quicker than 12') and in the defenses reaction to the ball as soon as the QB starts to throw (in 12' almost instant reaction to the button press for all defenders whereas in this clip from 13' we see the ball passing the LOS before defenders react which is much more realistic). However, I do think its on Varsity level which is a joke AI wise so I'm hoping on Heisman level the DB reaction in the endzone on the TD pass isn't non-existant like in the clip. Also player movement looks way more like 12' than 11' in these clips so far which I thought the CD guys said locomotion was back like in 11' (not seeing it so far).

OSUCowboyofMD
05-17-2012, 06:12 PM
The commentary is dreadful....smh :fp::bang::smh::down:

Rudy
05-17-2012, 06:22 PM
I thought the player movement looked a little smoother. Massive gaps in the commentary though. Tons of dead air and some of that was due to how slow the player took to call plays, get to the line, motion guys, etc. Other than that I didn't notice anything overly special or overly bad.

SmoothPancakes
05-17-2012, 06:25 PM
It's definitely being played on Varsity. There was a pop up saying "Snap the Ball" with a A button icon. Unless something has changed, shit like that only shows up on Freshman and Varsity. So take these videos with a grain of salt since we can't tell for sure what stuff will work which way on AA and Heisman in the completed game.

ryby6969
05-17-2012, 06:27 PM
I was just commenting on the player movement, which has made it too easy to bounce outside with a HB without much, if any loss of speed. Otherwise, it looked good to me.

Little Steve
05-17-2012, 06:35 PM
1 thing i don't understand about this game is that i see all these things on tv that i can't do in the game... i can't run a goal line fade, i can't return a kickoff for a touchdown by breaking a bunch of tackles and jukeing and spinning. I can't use my fastest guys to get open on streaks because the CB just jumps my wr route. I can't over power a team with my big bad linemen, i can't runover guys with my power back. There are so many i can't to i can in this game that it almost doesn't make anysense to Make the game or buy it. The whole reason i want to play a football game is to do what i see on tv. why make a game where i can't do that? i want the whole football game not half of it. F 2k i want Rockstar to make one they actully try and make it fun and realalist.

gschwendt
05-17-2012, 06:35 PM
For the dead-air, I only heard Kirk once and it was an old line. I imagine they were still putting in his lines or something at the time that this was captured. At least I certainly hope that's the cause.

SmoothPancakes
05-17-2012, 06:38 PM
I was just commenting on the player movement, which has made it too easy to bounce outside with a HB without much, if any loss of speed. Otherwise, it looked good to me.

I know, I was just commenting in general to everyone, just so we don't get a bunch of people in here bitching about this and that and saying the game is going to be the "suxorz" because of a 3-4 minute video clip that was clearly played on Varsity and not AA or Heisman. Trying to save us all at least a little bit of aggravation. :D

ryby6969
05-17-2012, 06:39 PM
That is what the ignore button is for. ;)

MC1
05-17-2012, 06:41 PM
Not bad for a W.I.P. clip (USC-Oregon) it looks more like an NC11 upgrade, which I still play by the way. I didn't like NC12, I just didn't like the feel of the game, and the graphics seemed weak. This is a 1st day Amazon buy for me.

SmoothPancakes
05-17-2012, 06:47 PM
That is what the ignore button is for. ;)

True, but that just saves us individually the aggravation. I'm trying to help out the TGT community as a whole. :D

ryby6969
05-17-2012, 06:53 PM
They have the same option as us. :D

SmoothPancakes
05-17-2012, 07:04 PM
They have the same option as us. :D

:D Yes, yes they do. But as a big fan of war, strategy and tactical games (I've spent more hours than I can count playing R.U.S.E. and Wargame: European Escalation), the preemptive strike is my most preferred method when taking action against the enemy.

So that post was my preemptive strike against anyone coming on here in the future bitching about the gameplay in that video, saying the game as a whole will suck, when they're using gameplay video that was being played on Varsity as the basis of their argument. And then anyone still trying to counter that preemptive strike, they will find an instant one-way ticket to my ignore list. :)

ram29jackson
05-17-2012, 07:25 PM
on the usc TD pass, that defender was useless ...didnt react,didnt do anything..same game...

Deuce
05-17-2012, 07:25 PM
I watch every video and look at every screenshot but until I play the demo I can't tell anything. I guess my memory sucks. :dunno:

The only thing I know is that I will do whatever it takes to get my $60 worth. Ah ya... :D

SmoothPancakes
05-17-2012, 07:27 PM
on the usc TD pass, that defender was useless ...didnt react,didnt do anything..same game...

Varsity difficulty. Varsity = Dumbass defenders. Nothing about the gameplay can be factually stated until the demo, or until the devs start actually making these videos with AA or Heisman difficulty.

Rudy
05-17-2012, 07:30 PM
I know, I was just commenting in general to everyone, just so we don't get a bunch of people in here bitching about this and that and saying the game is going to be the "suxorz" because of a 3-4 minute video clip that was clearly played on Varsity and not AA or Heisman. Trying to save us all at least a little bit of aggravation. :D

But player movement has always been the same regardless of difficulty level. AI is certainly different though.

I did think the player movement looked a little less herky-jerky. I still want more momentum.

Deuce
05-17-2012, 07:32 PM
Varsity difficulty. Varsity = Dumbass defenders. Nothing about the gameplay can be factually stated until the demo, or until the devs start actually making these videos with AA or Heisman difficulty.

:+1:

SmoothPancakes
05-17-2012, 07:44 PM
But player movement has always been the same regardless of difficulty level. AI is certainly different though.

I did think the player movement looked a little less herky-jerky. I still want more momentum.

Yeah, player movement, I agree with what you said, and yeah, that is still the same no matter what difficulty. But as far as AI and their reactions on plays, that's where people are going to be saying things about the game as if it's being played on Heisman in that video, but that it's actually being played on Varsity, and thus what will be the cause of my headaches as random people start popping up here and there complaining about the gameplay videos.

souljahbill
05-17-2012, 07:47 PM
Best part of the video:http://img.tapatalk.com/63bcbdb3-9bfc-6472.jpg
Southern Miss 21 - UAB 13
:p

jaymo76
05-17-2012, 07:49 PM
Had to watch the video twice because the first time all I did is stare at the ticker and see the changing scores. :blush: That will definitely be a distraction for the first few games. As to the gameplay, until I can play the demo it does look very much like 12but we will see very soon.

JBHuskers
05-17-2012, 08:04 PM
Had to watch the video twice because the first time all I did is stare at the ticker and see the changing scores. :blush: That will definitely be a distraction for the first few games. As to the gameplay, until I can play the demo it does look very much like 12but we will see very soon.

I thought it would be too at first, but it wasn't.

jaymo76
05-17-2012, 08:08 PM
I thought it would be too at first, but it wasn't.

Well that's good to hear. Still though, I'm sure I will be checking non-stop to see how my Sun Devils are doing.

JBHuskers
05-17-2012, 08:12 PM
Well that's good to hear. Still though, I'm sure I will be checking non-stop to see how my Sun Devils are doing.

:D yeah that is true.

In terms of the video overall:

a) it really didn't blow anyone out of the water, but

b) we don't know when it was made. They may have all of these pre-made to make schedule and it could be from a build that is a month old

c) and yes, I'm 95% sure that's varsity.

SmoothPancakes
05-17-2012, 08:14 PM
:D yeah that is true.

In terms of the video overall:

a) it really didn't blow anyone out of the water, but

b) we don't know when it was made. They may have all of these pre-made to make schedule and it could be from a build that is a month old

A very good point JB.

JBHuskers
05-17-2012, 08:15 PM
A very good point JB.

I went back and forgot something so I had to put a C in there :D

Deuce
05-17-2012, 08:26 PM
I really wonder why EA releases these videos. I guess they're really in a no win situation. If they don't release anything people will say "what are they hiding" ...they release videos and people say "its last year's game with a patch".

...on the other hand people really enjoy dissecting these videos so what the hell? :p

Jayrah
05-17-2012, 08:40 PM
Had to watch the video twice because the first time all I did is stare at the ticker and see the changing scores. :blush: That will definitely be a distraction for the first few games.Completely agree. The Priority Score Alert took my eyes right down, just like when I'm watching on Saturdays...:D

Jayrah
05-17-2012, 08:45 PM
I really wonder why EA releases these videos. I guess they're really in a no win situation. If they don't release anything people will say "what are they hiding" ...they release videos and people say "its last year's game with a patch".

...on the other hand people really enjoy dissecting these videos so what the hell? :p
I kinda wish they would just let the cpu duke it out, that way we could get the most out of the 4 minutes. The dude selecting plays is sucking all the play time and fun out of it because he's so ridiculously slow. It's annoying.

SmoothPancakes
05-17-2012, 08:49 PM
I kinda wish they would just let the cpu duke it out, that way we could get the most out of the 4 minutes. The dude selecting plays is sucking all the play time and fun out of it because he's so ridiculously slow. It's annoying.

:+1: And for the love of God EA, start making these videos on either AA or Heisman difficulty! Only the kiddies still play on Varsity.

JBHuskers
05-17-2012, 09:22 PM
:+1: And for the love of God EA, start making these videos on either AA or Heisman difficulty! Only the majority of people who buy the game still play on Varsity.

Fixed.

SmoothPancakes
05-17-2012, 09:25 PM
Fixed.

Alright, the majority of casual gamers who buy the game, and the kiddies who come to places like this. ;)

JBHuskers
05-17-2012, 09:45 PM
Alright, the majority of casual gamers who buy the game, and the kiddies who come to places like this. ;)

There you go :mdcr:

Cane305
05-17-2012, 09:53 PM
Hey g, related to online dynasty...if you download rosters when the in studio updates happen will it say the names instead of only the number of the players stats???

Rudy
05-17-2012, 10:15 PM
Yeah, player movement, I agree with what you said, and yeah, that is still the same no matter what difficulty. But as far as AI and their reactions on plays, that's where people are going to be saying things about the game as if it's being played on Heisman in that video, but that it's actually being played on Varsity, and thus what will be the cause of my headaches as random people start popping up here and there complaining about the gameplay videos.

No doubt about it. When I saw the message "Hit A to Snap" I thought that was a new addition lol. Never saw that before.

Rudy
05-17-2012, 10:22 PM

That was painful. I usually hit X to get the OL to hurry to get the snap off for no other reason that I just want to pack more plays in a short amount of time.

As for the ticker I did find it distracting in the Show 12 and shut it off. Is there an option to turn it off in NCAA?

On another note, my laptop's "n" is sticking and not registering all the time. Very annoying!

EerRaid12
05-17-2012, 10:44 PM
The field still looks holy hell awful. Seriously, why can't they implement 3D grass into live gameplay instead of just cutscenes?

steelerfan
05-17-2012, 11:25 PM
That was paiful. I usually hit X to get the OL to hurry to get the sap off for o other reason that I just wat to pack more plays in a short amout of time.

As for the ticker I did fid it distractig in the Show 12 and shut it off. Is there an optio to tur it off in CAA?

O aother ote, my laptop's "n" is sticking and ot registerig all the time. Very aoying!

Didn't notice any problems with the above post. You're doing a god job of compensating for your "n" issue. :) ;)

baseballplyrmvp
05-17-2012, 11:39 PM
Didn't notice any problems with the above post. You're doing a god job of compensating for your "n" issue. :) ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2holy hell?!? anyone know what steelerfan is on?

he's not that funny when he's sober and he writes similar to little steve when he's wasted......so he's got to be high in order to be a smartass, right? :dunno:

beartide06
05-17-2012, 11:42 PM
I understand this is probably a video from an older build, but the sound and atmosphere did not impress me too much. Obviously, it is too early to tell, and actually playing the game would make a huge difference, but the crowd noise did not really jump out at me. Since this is at the beginning of the game, the crowd should be alive and pumped up about the start of the game. There should be an increase in the auditory level of the crowd noise as USC is driving down the field. A crowd is usually extremely loud and excited at the beginning of a game, especially if the score is only 7-0. Of course, as the game went on, and if it became a blowout, I could understand the crowd dying down, but I just feel there needs to be more energy. However, I'll take it with a grain of salt, for now, until we get closer to release and the demo is available.

JBHuskers
05-18-2012, 12:06 AM
Hey g, related to online dynasty...if you download rosters when the in studio updates happen will it say the names instead of only the number of the players stats???

We obviously didn't use named rosters down there, but I would assume the named rosters would show.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

JerzeyReign
05-18-2012, 01:32 AM
I trust the GCs on TGT a lot -- please... please tell me that was an old gameplay video and thats not what it looked like during the CD. Please tell me -- ok, I'm honestly giving you permission to "hype" me up. At the moment, that video is a buzzkill -- I won't even lie.

Rudy
05-18-2012, 05:24 AM
Just reading a lot of negative reactions to that video on Twitter and OS. Hopefully EA puts out a longer video soon with a good player on a higher difficulty. That video seemed to upset people far more than made them happy. Definitely a marketing miss so far.

A lot of valid complaints about the commentary and the dead air. Many complaints about the crowd noise and lack of true TV presentation. Reading a lot of NCAA 12.2 comments (fair or not, a ton of people are saying it on OS). Still complaints about the running animations and lack of momentum although quite a few (myself included) thought it looked a little smoother.

Gotmadskillz seemed to sum up a lot of people's opinions on OS: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football/552087-ncaa-football-13-gameplay-video-oregon-vs-usc-part-2-a-5.html#post2043673042

I would love to see some cpu vs cpu gameplay of them running the option. That would be huge for me as I need to see the cpu run the spread effectively.

souljahbill
05-18-2012, 05:47 AM
Why do people keep saying "It looks like 12.5" or whatever? WHAT IS IT SUPPOSE TO LOOK LIKE? Do people think EA was just going to start over after 12. Of course it's going to look like just an update to 12.

Rudy
05-18-2012, 05:58 AM
Why do people keep saying "It looks like 12.5" or whatever? WHAT IS IT SUPPOSE TO LOOK LIKE? Do people think EA was just going to start over after 12. Of course it's going to look like just an update to 12.

True lol. I think people were just expecting to see something fresh. I also think people were expecting to see a big improvement to commentary and the commentary was bad. Any time you don't see much of an improvement people will use that line and I have done it myself.

gschwendt
05-18-2012, 08:12 AM
The last thing I'll say on that clip from yesterday is that it really did look bad. I don't feel it's representative of the product I played a month ago. My suggestion is for everyone to wait until longer videos come out and/or videos from the community when we receive copies and can. As well, a lot of the new gameplay features are more about feel rather than looks so for that I suggest waiting on the demo to try it out for yourself.

I'm not trying to say the game is going to be perfect or that everyone is going to love it, but certainly better than what you saw in that clip.

souljahbill
05-18-2012, 08:15 AM
Dead Air

#AnotherProblemINeverNoticedUntilReadingNCAAForums

psusnoop
05-18-2012, 08:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDa6iJFbFR0#t=3m21s

Skip to 3:21 in this clip and watch this play. Watch the RCB on this play. What or whom is he covering on this play?

Deuce
05-18-2012, 08:39 AM
Skip to 3:21 in this clip and watch this play. Watch the RCB on this play. What or whom is he covering on this play?

WTH? Was that some kind of weird zone? :dunno:

gschwendt
05-18-2012, 08:40 AM
Skip to 3:21 in this clip and watch this play. Watch the RCB on this play. What or whom is he covering on this play?My best guess is that it's some kind of bug to where the CBs are trading flat responsibilities. If you notice, both CBs gravitate towards the middle and both flats end up wide open as a result. Definitely looks awful.

psusnoop
05-18-2012, 08:47 AM
My best guess is that it's some kind of bug to where the CBs are trading flat responsibilities. If you notice, both CBs gravitate towards the middle and both flats end up wide open as a result. Definitely looks awful.

Thats what I saw too after rewatching a few more times. I was focusing in on the curl mostly though and couldn't understand how in the world he was so wide open (someone missed him for the easy TD there) but yeah hopefully that gets a little love :)

With the thread as debbie downer as it has been I hated to point that out but thought more should see notice it. And I understand the NCAA 12.2 comments but like Soul mentioned already, aside from a complete overhaul (not happening) it will always look like upgrades because guess what IT IS UPGRADES :fp:

I think Deuce, steelerfan, and myself have mentioned a few times over that EA should fix the issues with 12 and give me that for 13 and I'll be happy. They have added more and continue to listen to the community for things that we want to see (while addressing issues on 12) and for that I'm very happy heading forward. As long as things stay constructive and people can add to the dialog of things they want to see then we can continue as a community to push forward to try and get this series where everyone wants and hopes it to be.

JBHuskers
05-18-2012, 10:02 AM
The last thing I'll say on that clip from yesterday is that it really did look bad. I don't feel it's representative of the product I played a month ago. My suggestion is for everyone to wait until longer videos come out and/or videos from the community when we receive copies and can. As well, a lot of the new gameplay features are more about feel rather than looks so for that I suggest waiting on the demo to try it out for yourself.

I'm not trying to say the game is going to be perfect or that everyone is going to love it, but certainly better than what you saw in that clip.

Key phrase here. You're not going to get the gist of everything on just watching videos.

gschwendt
05-18-2012, 10:10 AM
Here's the feedback I sent to the devs about the video... let me know if you think I missed anything.

For the audio

Kirk is very rarely heard throughout the clip (once, maybe twice?) and ends up producing a lot of dead-air. I assume this has to do with still getting his new lines into the game, but it's definitely noticeable and a negative.
Some have complained about the crowd noise... I didn't think it was that bad though they might not be as reactive as they should be, particularly on the touchdown
For the gameplay, lots of issues unfortunately

Play 1 (0:23 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=h2bu3XLCqaY#t=23s)), nothing horrible here, however I did notice that the defense is in a 43 Quarters with responsibilities swapped (CBs share a deep half). The problem is that the FS is slow to get deep... instead he freezes for a second while everyone else around him moves. Seeing as he has to get across the field, he should be much quicker to react. Also, I do wish that the MLB would pay more attention to the TEs instead of drifting away from them but we'll chalk that up to poor ZCV I suppose.
Play 2 (1:20 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=h2bu3XLCqaY#t=23s)), two problems with this play. First is the RBs mobility... he's able to cut a 90 degree angle and appears to gain speed through it rather than lose any. Second is the RT... he seems to get confused as to who his assignment should be (I assume he wants to get to the LOLB). In this play, it doesn't cause a problem but this is what happens often on run blocking in the open... the blocker can't get to his assignment and/or changes his mind at the wrong moment (the worst is when he changes his mind while he's in the middle of a hole you're trying to get to).
Play 3 (1:47 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=h2bu3XLCqaY#t=23s)), first complaint is on the CPU defense... best I can tell this is Cover 2 Zone (perhaps a Tampa 2?) but the FS is outside the numbers without a threat in that area. At worst, he should be over the top of the X receiver because if he was running a streak or post, there's be no one in the area to stop him. The second issue is with the user (which obviously you guys can't control)... I assume he was trying to lead the slot receiver (RB) upfield to show off the new passing mechanic but obviously we'd have to ask him.
Play 4 (2:19 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=h2bu3XLCqaY#t=138s)), nothing too terrible here, though I would like for the OL to at least bump the DL on their way out of the blocks but obviously that's not anything that will be happening this year.
Play 5 (3:02), this is just a complaint about the user... really wish he would have followed the proper hole instead of trying to bounce it outside. The play appears to have been blocked quite well with a big hole to run through but instead gets stopped for no gain.
Play 6 (3:25 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=h2bu3XLCqaY#t=203s)). Watching the CBs, I can only assume this is some kind of bad bug. The defense appears to be in a Cover 2 Zone but what seems to happen is that the CBs swap their flat coverage responsibilities. You'll notice that at the snap, both gravitate towards the middle and as a result, both flats are wide open.
Play 7 (3:55 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=h2bu3XLCqaY#t=233s))... the biggest complaint here is that the CB has a ball thrown right in front of him and he never attempts to make a play. He actually freezes as the ball is about to arrive and then barely moves once the ball does arrive; I assume this might be gameplay on Varsity or something but if not, then that's a big issue (still an issue if on Varsity). As well, the user should have thrown it more to the sidelines but obviously you guys can't control the user.
There's probably other things that we could find but those are the biggest ones that stand out.

JBHuskers
05-18-2012, 10:13 AM
Great feedback!

Deuce
05-18-2012, 10:21 AM
Very nice. Be interested to know EA's response...if it's ok to share.

gschwendt
05-18-2012, 10:25 AM
Very nice. Be interested to know EA's response...if it's ok to share.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkGenerally not... they can be much more free and open in responses to us if they know that what they're sharing is in confidence. Obviously I don't want to break that.

However, the comments might spur them to release some kind of statement or video or something on their own, which of course is up to them.

Deuce
05-18-2012, 10:27 AM
Generally not... they can be much more free and open in responses to us if they know that what they're sharing is in confidence so I definitely don't want to break that.

No worries. Hopefully EA will respond to the community in some way to ease the concerns.

souljahbill
05-18-2012, 10:43 AM
Here's the feedback I sent to the devs about the video... let me know if you think I missed anything.

For the audio

Kirk is very rarely heard throughout the clip (once, maybe twice?) and ends up producing a lot of dead-air. I assume this has to do with still getting his new lines into the game, but it's definitely noticeable and a negative.
Some have complained about the crowd noise... I didn't think it was that bad though they might not be as reactive as they should be, particularly on the touchdown
For the gameplay, lots of issues unfortunately

Play 1 (0:23 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=h2bu3XLCqaY#t=23s)), nothing horrible here, however I did notice that the defense is in a 43 Quarters with responsibilities swapped (CBs share a deep half). The problem is that the FS is slow to get deep... instead he freezes for a second while everyone else around him moves. Seeing as he has to get across the field, he should be much quicker to react. Also, I do wish that the MLB would pay more attention to the TEs instead of drifting away from them but we'll chalk that up to poor ZCV I suppose.
Play 2 (1:20 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=h2bu3XLCqaY#t=23s)), two problems with this play. First is the RBs mobility... he's able to cut a 90 degree angle and appears to gain speed through it rather than lose any. Second is the RT... he seems to get confused as to who his assignment should be (I assume he wants to get to the LOLB). In this play, it doesn't cause a problem but this is what happens often on run blocking in the open... the blocker can't get to his assignment and/or changes his mind at the wrong moment (the worst is when he changes his mind while he's in the middle of a hole you're trying to get to).
Play 3 (1:47 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=h2bu3XLCqaY#t=23s)), first complaint is on the CPU defense... best I can tell this is Cover 2 Zone (perhaps a Tampa 2?) but the FS is outside the numbers without a threat in that area. At worst, he should be over the top of the X receiver because if he was running a streak or post, there's be no one in the area to stop him. The second issue is with the user (which obviously you guys can't control)... I assume he was trying to lead the slot receiver (RB) upfield to show off the new passing mechanic but obviously we'd have to ask him.
Play 4 (2:19 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=h2bu3XLCqaY#t=138s)), nothing too terrible here, though I would like for the OL to at least bump the DL on their way out of the blocks but obviously that's not anything that will be happening this year.
Play 5 (3:02), this is just a complaint about the user... really wish he would have followed the proper hole instead of trying to bounce it outside. The play appears to have been blocked quite well with a big hole to run through but instead gets stopped for no gain.
Play 6 (3:25 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=h2bu3XLCqaY#t=203s)). Watching the CBs, I can only assume this is some kind of bad bug. The defense appears to be in a Cover 2 Zone but what seems to happen is that the CBs swap their flat coverage responsibilities. You'll notice that at the snap, both gravitate towards the middle and as a result, both flats are wide open.
Play 7 (3:55 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=h2bu3XLCqaY#t=233s))... the biggest complaint here is that the CB has a ball thrown right in front of him and he never attempts to make a play. He actually freezes as the ball is about to arrive and then barely moves once the ball does arrive; I assume this might be gameplay on Varsity or something but if not, then that's a big issue (still an issue if on Varsity). As well, the user should have thrown it more to the sidelines but obviously you guys can't control the user.
There's probably other things that we could find but those are the biggest ones that stand out.

Needs more:

1) EA SUCKS!
2) 2K5 is better!
3) $60 roster update!
4) NCAA 12.5!

JBHuskers
05-18-2012, 10:47 AM
Needs more:

1) EA SUCKS!
2) 2K5 is better!
3) $60 roster update!
4) NCAA 12.5!

You forgot socks.

souljahbill
05-18-2012, 10:53 AM
You forgot socks.

See, you're being mean. I was being constructive.

Tarhead10
05-18-2012, 10:58 AM
You forgot socks.

:D....lmao

psusnoop
05-18-2012, 11:15 AM
Great feedback G!

psusnoop
05-18-2012, 11:16 AM
See, you're being mean. I was being constructive.

:D:D:D

psusnoop
05-18-2012, 11:26 AM
Why is the MLB moving so fast to his zone assignment on Play #1? If you watch other plays there seems to be more of a drift towards the zone assignment not the opposite. Also why is his zone coverage in between the hashes? Shouldn't his zone be closer to the right hash?

ryby6969
05-18-2012, 11:37 AM
Why is the MLB moving so fast to his zone assignment on Play #1? If you watch other plays there seems to be more of a drift towards the zone assignment not the opposite. Also why is his zone coverage in between the hashes? Shouldn't his zone be closer to the right hash?

Part of me hopes that he has that as a zone, and runs over there because there is an immediate threat. Whether that is the case or not, who knows.:D

gschwendt
05-18-2012, 11:37 AM
Why is the MLB moving so fast to his zone assignment on Play #1? If you watch other plays there seems to be more of a drift towards the zone assignment not the opposite. Also why is his zone coverage in between the hashes? Shouldn't his zone be closer to the right hash?He's trying to get to the middle of the field. It's a 4-3 Quarters so the DBs are all dropping deep leaving the OLBs covering the flats/buzzes and the MLB being the lone hook in the middle. Probably a bad playcall by the CPU but it does appear to have been generally executed properly.

psusnoop
05-18-2012, 11:48 AM
He's trying to get to the middle of the field. It's a 4-3 Quarters so the DBs are all dropping deep leaving the OLBs covering the flats/buzzes and the MLB being the lone hook in the middle. Probably a bad playcall by the CPU but it does appear to have been generally executed properly.

OK my bad then. Thanks for straightening me out haha

xMrHitStickx904
05-18-2012, 12:10 PM
Just got around to watching the video, can't really deduct anything except for the commentary. Gameplay additions is something you can't tell until you play a demo, or the game yourself. I wish more people would take that approach to the videos. There's never been a sports game that had a game play video that I truly liked for those reasons. Therefore, the video didn't sway me either way. Now, a good 3-4 years ago I'd be emotional right now lol.

ram29jackson
05-18-2012, 12:38 PM
The field still looks holy hell awful. Seriously, why can't they implement 3D grass into live gameplay instead of just cutscenes?

:whoa: :smh:

if the grass stayedthe way it is for the next 5 years, I would care less.

...now, if they brought back 70s astro turf as a create a stadium or team-builder option, I would be all over that ! LOL

SmoothPancakes
05-18-2012, 02:34 PM
:whoa: :smh:

if the grass stayedthe way it is for the next 5 years, I would care less.

...now, if they brought back 70s astro turf as a create a stadium or team-builder option, I would be all over that ! LOL

:sf:, we need your picture magic!

steelerfan
05-18-2012, 03:03 PM
:sf:, we need your picture magic!

I'm in a rush, best I could do for now.

http://img.tapatalk.com/62c401e2-ab29-f38b.jpg

SmoothPancakes
05-18-2012, 03:16 PM
I'm in a rush, best I could do for now.

http://img.tapatalk.com/62c401e2-ab29-f38b.jpg

Damn JB. What drugs were you on when you bought/made that? :D Unless of course that's like the Cadillac of vehicles in Nebraska or something and I just didn't know. :D

Rudy
05-18-2012, 04:18 PM
Dead Air

#AnotherProblemINeverNoticedUntilReadingNCAAForums

Seriously? You never noticed it? It stood out like a sore thumb for many people including myself. I know some of you guys hate the negativity but there were legitimate complaints and this is one of them imo. This isn't socks or visors but an important part of presentation.

Someone posted this clip on OS. The crowd is really into it! The sounds are great. Presentation is really good. I truly think the sounds were better in this game from 8 years ago. The game starts at 2:17.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TchJFPwD8H8

On another note, great write-up Tommy!

JBHuskers
05-18-2012, 04:27 PM
Damn JB. What drugs were you on when you bought/made that? :D Unless of course that's like the Cadillac of vehicles in Nebraska or something and I just didn't know. :D

That's not mine. This is.

http://inhabitat.com/files/grasscar.jpg

morsdraconis
05-18-2012, 05:02 PM
Presentation is really good. I truly think the sounds were better in this game from 8 years ago. The game starts at 2:17.

I highly disagree. The crowd noise is still really bad. They don't react to what's happening on the field. They barely react to them coming out on the field. It's a generic team entrance with the added bonus of a generic team entrance for the visiting team (even though visiting teams rarely, if ever, run out on the field like that and definitely not right after the home team does their entrance).

Looks like a bunch of a generic stuff surrounding the previously same old terrible commentary with no moderation between the voice samplings of Brad, Lee, and Kirk.

Compare that to this clip where you have a crowd actually reacting to the team coming out (jump to about 2:10 to the reaction):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9N2b4c-G1k

Rudy
05-18-2012, 05:16 PM
I highly disagree. The crowd noise is still really bad. They don't react to what's happening on the field. They barely react to them coming out on the field.

At least I hear the crowd. They make a lot of noise and it sounds like a rocking college atmosphere. Either way, NCAA 13 should have way better presentation than NCAA 05 and it's not. Not even close.

souljahbill
05-18-2012, 06:29 PM
Seriously? You never noticed it? It stood out like a sore thumb for many people including myself. I know some of you guys hate the negativity but there were legitimate complaints and this is one of them imo. This isn't socks or visors but an important part of presentation.

I'm serious. I NEVER noticed the dead air. It's not a "I hate complaining" thing. It's honestly a "Yeah, there's dead air and I never noticed it before" thing.

morsdraconis
05-18-2012, 06:35 PM
At least I hear the crowd. They make a lot of noise and it sounds like a rocking college atmosphere. Either way, NCAA 13 should have way better presentation than NCAA 05 and it's not. Not even close.

Did you not read what Tommy and JB wrote about this clip? It's clear it's an early build without all the presentation and sound stuff in the game.

baseballplyrmvp
05-18-2012, 07:57 PM
G, great feedback....but since you pointed out certain players, that is not the projected starting LT for USC based on their end of spring depth chart. LT#70 should be starting instead of LT #76. every other offensive starter is correct, except for that one.

Rudy
05-18-2012, 08:43 PM
Did you not read what Tommy and JB wrote about this clip? It's clear it's an early build without all the presentation and sound stuff in the game.

I don't trust EA and their track record this gen is bad. I won't give them the benefit of the doubt. If it was an old build then why release it? What good can come from releasing a crappy video from an old build? The sound was bad last year despite the fact they said they worked on it. How many times have we heard guys say it was better in the build they played and then screwed up in retail? Sometimes the game goes backwards and not forwards. Old build, new build, demo or retail - the best thing to believe is my eyes and ears and this wasn't good. The demo will also be huge to me and if it sucks I will be cancelling my pre-order no matter how old that build is either. EA needs to release a much better video next week.

morsdraconis
05-18-2012, 09:10 PM
I don't trust EA and their track record this gen is bad. I won't give them the benefit of the doubt. If it was an old build then why release it? What good can come from releasing a crappy video from an old build? The sound was bad last year despite the fact they said they worked on it. How many times have we heard guys say it was better in the build they played and then screwed up in retail? Sometimes the game goes backwards and not forwards. Old build, new build, demo or retail - the best thing to believe is my eyes and ears and this wasn't good. The demo will also be huge to me and if it sucks I will be cancelling my pre-order no matter how old that build is either. EA needs to release a much better video next week.

I'm sorry, but you have unrealistic expectations of what the crowd should sound like. The crowd noise for that game sounded fine. It was the home team with the ball, so the crowd noise is going to be low to give the home team the ability to make changes to the play without interference. The crowd sounds fine when they score a TD. It's the beginning of the game. Crowds don't go apeshit on normal TDs by the offense at the beginning of the game.

Little Steve
05-18-2012, 10:52 PM
I'm sorry, but you have unrealistic expectations of what the crowd should sound like. The crowd noise for that game sounded fine. It was the home team with the ball, so the crowd noise is going to be low to give the home team the ability to make changes to the play without interference. The crowd sounds fine when they score a TD. It's the beginning of the game. Crowds don't go apeshit on normal TDs by the offense at the beginning of the game.

The crowd is the number one thing for me honestly. I find myself swiching from UC to a different team with a biger stadium 3 months in. Its kinda the number one thing about college football i think most people like. Remember when you went to college and your team scores and the band starts playing your school fight song, gets you pumped, everybody's pumped. it makes it fun.

jaymo76
05-19-2012, 10:21 AM
Count me in as a person who wants to hear the crowd significantly loud throughout the game (realisitic or not). Homefield advantage ala 06 was awesome in my personal opinion.

morsdraconis
05-19-2012, 10:24 AM
Count me in as a person who wants to hear the crowd significantly loud throughout the game (realisitic or not). Homefield advantage ala 06 was awesome in my personal opinion.

It's highly unrealistic.

jaymo76
05-19-2012, 10:28 AM
True Mors but this as we both know, this is only a video game. It can't all be about realism all of the time. There has to be a "fun factor" involved as well. I think a lot of people like an insane crowd because it helps with the immersion and makes the game feel more fun to be a part of.

SmoothPancakes
05-19-2012, 10:31 AM
True Mors but this as we both know, this is only a video game. It can't all be about realism all of the time. There has to be a "fun factor" involved as well. I think a lot of people like an insane crwod because it helps with the immersion and makes the game feel more fun to be a part of.

Get some good entertainment center speakers to hook up to your TV, turn down every audio option except for crowd noise, and crank the TV up. ;)

jaymo76
05-19-2012, 10:36 AM
Get some good entertainment center speakers to hook up to your TV, turn down every audio option except for crowd noise, and crank the TV up. ;)

Yeah my wife wears the pants in our relationship and she won't let that happen. I was "allowed" however to buy a head set. Maybe that's why I loved 06 so much... I was single, living alone and cranked up the sound to insane levels. :D

baseballplyrmvp
05-19-2012, 10:43 AM

It's highly unrealistic.

True Mors but this as we both know, this is only a video game. It can't all be about realism all of the time. There has to be a "fun factor" involved as well. I think a lot of people like an insane crwod because it helps with the immersion and makes the game feel more fun to be a part of.

:nod: the crowd noise where its at now, is only something to avoid a dead air feeling. it doesnt have any impact. i dont want a game played at oregon, or lsu, or florida, or michigan to feel like its just a scrimmage between my team and their's on an empty practice field with no one watching. the HFA from 05/06 made it where having a loud stadium had a slight impact on your ability to play the game. highly unrealistic or not, it would definitely make playing at those stadiums above feel more realistic.

SmoothPancakes
05-19-2012, 12:20 PM
Yeah my wife wears the pants in our relationship and she won't let that happen. I was "allowed" however to buy a head set. Maybe that's why I loved 06 so much... I was single, living alone and cranked up the sound to insane levels. :D

At least you admit it. :D Some of my friends still refuse to admit that their wife wears the pants in the relationship, even though it's clear and obvious to everyone else. :D

Little Steve
05-19-2012, 02:23 PM
Sucks for u guys, im the best basketball player in the league. I get first pick, and they leave me alone mostly to keep me happy. 2-5 hours a day on basketball, alot on school, and an hour lifting weights. I spend 2 hours a week with her max. Well see you guys, going to the ymca. old people.....

souljahbill
05-19-2012, 02:25 PM
At least you admit it. :D Some of my friends still refuse to admit that their wife wears the pants in the relationship, even though it's clear and obvious to everyone else. :D

I'm ecstatic my wife runs our household. She makes all the mundane, "I could care less about it" decisions which frees me up to only give input on important things.

souljahbill
05-19-2012, 02:27 PM
Sucks for u guys, im the best basketball player in the league. I get first pick, and they leave me alone mostly to keep me happy. 2-5 hours a day on basketball, alot on school, and an hour lifting weights. I spend 2 hours a week with her max. Well see you guys, going to the ymca. old people.....

With age comes wisdom. You have to be old to really appreciate and while being young has its advantages, being old is a blessing in itself and I'm more then content in my old age.

Jayrah
05-20-2012, 12:05 PM
I'm sorry, but you have unrealistic expectations of what the crowd should sound like. The crowd noise for that game sounded fine. It was the home team with the ball, so the crowd noise is going to be low to give the home team the ability to make changes to the play without interference. The crowd sounds fine when they score a TD. It's the beginning of the game. Crowds don't go apeshit on normal TDs by the offense at the beginning of the game.I honestly noticed a marked difference in crowd reaction myself. Don't know what all the fuss is about. Like you said, home team with the ball. Only an uneducated crowd would be loud during the drive, except after big plays, which has obviously been addressed. The touchdown has an AWESOME reaction!

jaymo76
05-20-2012, 03:23 PM
Just watching that clip again, I don't know if I will be able to play another season on NCAA 12. Seeing those scores and score updates in the 13 clips leaves 12 feeling no connection to the rest of the teams.

sparkdawg777
05-20-2012, 05:36 PM
While we are on the topic of crowd noise. I think a big problem on the TD was that the band started playing as the crowd reacted. It should be crowd reacts, then band plays.

SmoothPancakes
05-20-2012, 05:40 PM
Just watching that clip again, I don't know if I will be able to play another season on NCAA 12. Seeing those scores and score updates in the 13 clips leaves 12 feeling no connection to the rest of the teams.

Agreed. I'm gonna finish out my current season in my FIU dynasty and then I think that'll be it. The fact that there's less than two months until NCAA 13 releases (and I'd like to have a break between the end of 12 and start of 13 to refresh, rejuvenate, and reinvigorate), and then after seeing all the stuff being added in NCAA 13, to go and play a bunch more games in NCAA 12 without those features, it'd be tough.

I think trying to close out my current season in my FIU dynasty by June 1st, and then spend from June 1st up to release day typing all my players and their ratings (either on FIU or my new team depending on what happens in coaching carousel) into a spreadsheet to have all the information ready to go and ready to be edited into the team roster in NCAA 13 starting on release day, is going to be the best way to go for me.

SmoothPancakes
05-20-2012, 05:40 PM
*double post*

Jayrah
05-21-2012, 02:12 AM
Reevaluating the crowd noise, I have some more thoughts.

1: We must remember that the default crowd noise setting is probably not as loud as it should be. If you turn up the crowd noise vs the other components the crowd WILL stand out more. I do this on all of my sports titles and it makes a world of difference.

2: The issue really isn't the reaction, it's the sustained enthusiasm! Or I should say lack of sustained enthusiasm. After the td the crowd continues on nicely, but after the other plays they return to their original level too quickly. The crowd reaction really should go on for 5 or 6 more seconds and I think it would make a huge difference that way.

3: First downs could be louder, especially as the ball gets closer to the endzone, specifically inside the 40.

4: I think a major missing component to the game is an away crowd reaction on big plays. It should sound probably like the home crowd sounds on the plays at 1:20 and 3:27, except a slight bit fainter. Mixed with that there really isn't a home crowd "groan" or collective gasp when something bad happens. That mixed with the away crowd going nuts in their little faint corner would be huge to the atmospheric capabilities.

5: And the last thing is that the "anticipation" isn't there still. Ball in the air or runner breaking away, 1 guy to beat, crowd is standing up getting louder and THEN exploding or groaning. "aaaaaaaaAaAaAaAAaAAaAAaAAAAAAAA!" or "aaaaaaaAaAaAaAaAAaAAoooooooh!"

beartide06
05-21-2012, 03:08 AM
Reevaluating the crowd noise, I have some more thoughts.

1: We must remember that the default crowd noise setting is probably not as loud as it should be. If you turn up the crowd noise vs the other components the crowd WILL stand out more. I do this on all of my sports titles and it makes a world of difference.

2: The issue really isn't the reaction, it's the sustained enthusiasm! Or I should say lack of sustained enthusiasm. After the td the crowd continues on nicely, but after the other plays they return to their original level too quickly. The crowd reaction really should go on for 5 or 6 more seconds and I think it would make a huge difference that way.

3: First downs could be louder, especially as the ball gets closer to the endzone, specifically inside the 40.

4: I think a major missing component to the game is an away crowd reaction on big plays. It should sound probably like the home crowd sounds on the plays at 1:20 and 3:27, except a slight bit fainter. Mixed with that there really isn't a home crowd "groan" or collective gasp when something bad happens. That mixed with the away crowd going nuts in their little faint corner would be huge to the atmospheric capabilities.

5: And the last thing is that the "anticipation" isn't there still. Ball in the air or runner breaking away, 1 guy to beat, crowd is standing up getting louder and THEN exploding or groaning. "aaaaaaaaAaAaAaAAaAAaAAaAAAAAAAA!" or "aaaaaaaAaAaAaAaAAaAAoooooooh!"

I'd have to say, after re-watching the video, I would agree. The sound volume could be a factor in the crowd noise. I also agree on your other points, Jayrah. I would just love to hear that dynamic crowd noise where the crowd is reacting to real life degrees based on what's happening on the field.

On a completely different note, I noticed on the ticker at the bottom that all of the times of the games are stopped. In the real life ticker you will notice games ticking down, but the times are stopped in the game video we are shown. I know this is a very small and probably trivial thing, but I just think that adds to the "being simmed in real time" factor. I also noticed that two times were the exact same time in back to back games, which is very unlikely unless it is inside the 2 minute mark of a half. In fact, it is at the very beginning of the video. At about the 17 second mark, San Diego State and Boise State are playing with 14:29 left to play in the 4th quarter. Also, New Mexico and UNLV are playing with 14:29 left to play in the 4th quarter.

It just seems odd that these two games would be stopped at the exact same time in the same quarter back to back, and poses the question: Will we see only a handful of stopped times in the ticker? For example, will we see games stopped the majority of the time at 14:29 in the 4th quarter? Like I said before, I know it may be trivial and not even worth mentioning, but it is just something I noticed. Just thought I would point it out since I feel like people will be distracted continuously this year by the bottom ticker :D

Rudy
05-21-2012, 06:25 AM
Excellent thoughts and ideas on crowd noise Jayrah. Is it too late to tweak any of this stuff for EA? I have to think they are just bug testing and a couple weeks away from going gold. Maybe a day one patch?

Dr Death
05-21-2012, 08:45 AM
Needs more:

1) EA SUCKS!
2) 2K5 is better!
3) $60 roster update!
4) NCAA 12.5!

You forgot socks.

I think he meant SOCKS, he just made a typo. If you look at # 1 on his list, I think he meant: EA, SOCKS!

Okay... one question... after watching that clip from 2005 has anyone else noticed the game has taken a serious decline since Lee Corso was removed? Coincidence? I think not!!! :fp: :D

souljahbill
05-21-2012, 08:57 AM
I think he meant SOCKS, he just made a typo. If you look at # 1 on his list, I think he meant: EA, SOCKS!

Okay... one question... after watching that clip from 2005 has anyone else noticed the game has taken a serious decline since Lee Corso was removed? Coincidence? I think not!!! :fp: :D

Not so fast, my friend.....

Little Steve
05-21-2012, 02:35 PM
EA added TD dances in madden 13. We may get like the gator chomp and such back u think?

souljahbill
05-21-2012, 03:11 PM
EA added TD dances in madden 13. We may get like the gator chomp and such back u think?

Not from players. The NCAA hates stuff like that.

Rudy
05-21-2012, 04:06 PM
Not so fast, my friend.....

Beep, beep, beep! Back it up!

I do miss Corso and his humour. I can understand removing him due to his age and health conditions but I think adding a third guy again would be good.

SmoothPancakes
05-21-2012, 04:12 PM
Not from players. The NCAA hates stuff like that.

Yep. If I remember right, stuff like that was taken out in the first place because the NCAA demanded it, and it'll be a freezing cold day in hell before the NCAA would let EA add it back.

Little Steve
05-21-2012, 04:21 PM
Yep. If I remember right, stuff like that was taken out in the first place because the NCAA demanded it, and it'll be a freezing cold day in hell before the NCAA would let EA add it back.

Why it's just the gator chomp, and ect... Why don't they like it? It doesn't promote poor sportsmanship. It just shows school spirt.

souljahbill
05-21-2012, 04:58 PM
Why it's just the gator chomp, and ect... Why don't they like it? It doesn't promote poor sportsmanship. It just shows school spirt.

You get flagged just for showing the inside of Nike gloves that form an emblem when held together. It ain't EVER happening, "school spirit" or not. It's seen as taunting. #MoveAlong #NothingToSeeHere

SmoothPancakes
05-21-2012, 05:10 PM
You get flagged just for showing the inside of Nike gloves that form an emblem when held together. It ain't EVER happening, "school spirit" or not. It's seen as taunting. #MoveAlong #NothingToSeeHere

Also the reason why as much as I would love to see a discipline system return to the series (if EA was able to design and implement it correctly, not like that crap we had back on NCAA 06 or whatever year it was), I doubt the NCAA would ever sign off on that being added back in, especially not with the shit that's been going on in recent years (USC, Auburn, Ohio State, etc).

Little Steve
05-21-2012, 05:16 PM
I told a guy on my OD that when we play "The trees will be poisoned". He was useing Auburn, it was funny as hell.

Little Steve
05-21-2012, 05:21 PM
I told a guy on my OD that when we play "The trees will be poisoned". He was useing Auburn, it was funny as hell.:+1: doing it myself

souljahbill
05-21-2012, 05:29 PM
I told a guy on my OD that when we play "The trees will be poisoned". He was useing Auburn, it was funny as hell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8uY79zQeak&feature=youtube_gdata_player

jaymo76
05-21-2012, 05:53 PM
Beep, beep, beep! Back it up!

I do miss Corso and his humour. I can understand removing him due to his age and health conditions but I think adding a third guy again would be good.

It would be neat to hear just in the pre-game he orally make a prediction while Reece is leading into the game. Whether you like Corso or hate him, to me he is an ambassador of college football (kind of like Don Cherry to hockey in Canada).

Little Steve
05-21-2012, 06:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8uY79zQeak&feature=youtube_gdata_playerfunny:glare:

Little Steve
05-21-2012, 06:02 PM
It would be neat to hear just in the pre-game he orally make a prediction while Reece is leading into the game. Whether you like Corso or hate him, to me he is an ambassador of college football (kind of like Don Cherry to hockey in Canada).
Who? old people...lol

SmoothPancakes
05-21-2012, 06:10 PM

Yeah, the game just hasn't been the same without Corso since he was taken out. Like you said, even just a minor part in the game or pre-game, would help a lot and would go a long way.

JeffHCross
05-21-2012, 08:02 PM
You get flagged just for showing the inside of Nike gloves that form an emblem when held together.But it's a gang sign!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ1xAKgjyu4
(Seriously, Michigan fan? THAT was a lack of class?)

AustinWolv
05-22-2012, 01:09 AM
No kidding, there are tons of examples of real lack of class at and by O$U fans. Not sure why he picked that one.

SmoothPancakes
05-22-2012, 01:21 AM
No kidding, there are tons of examples of real lack of class at and by O$U fans. Not sure why he picked that one.

:D

Ouch.

Jayrah
05-22-2012, 09:53 AM
You get flagged just for showing the inside of Nike gloves that form an emblem when held together. It ain't EVER happening, "school spirit" or not. It's seen as taunting. #MoveAlong #NothingToSeeHereThe Gator chomp is actually still in the game I believe, along with the seminole wave and the USC Victory symbol. I think TCU, Arizona State and some others also have their gestures in the game still.

baseballplyrmvp
05-22-2012, 10:04 AM
The Gator chomp is actually still in the game I believe, along with the seminole wave and the USC Victory symbol. I think TCU, Arizona State and some others also have their gestures in the game still.yep....its just not something you can actually initiate with a button press.

Jayrah
05-22-2012, 10:19 AM
After watching the crowd on 2k when I've finally reached the playoffs, I retract my previous support for the NCAA crowd :D. In Dallas, I was greeted with a few thousand simultaneously waving towels, a complete blue-out and a rambunctious group of fans that was into the entire game from the tip to the final buzzer! The regular season crowd was good and fun, but the playoff crowd was amazing! I've simply never been so pumped to play a game. If 2k had starting lineups, the pregame alone would be the best part of any sports game I've ever played. But back to the crowd. The noise was "deafening". Every score for them was total elation, and every score from me was a dagger into their collective hearts... until the final minute and a half, at which point I had finally put the game away and the crowd was just disappointed. You can feel the direct and correct intensity and the urgency from the crowd! And THAT is what NCAA is missing most. It made my win most sweet!

Now, that being said, I am interested to see a crowd from a team that had a visit from EA last season and got mic'd up. I don't believe USC was in that bunch and it seems to me that the EA team might be infusing the proper crowd (more than just adding the stadium chants) into their own stadiums here over the next couple years. It's obvious that the USC crowd was worked on a little bit, especially after the td, but it's also obvious that it's not what they promised when they said it will sound "totally different". So I am withholding further judgement until I hear a place in which an actual recording took place. I still think my previous points stand from my last post about it though.

Also, I think EA needs to consider doing something like 2k does with their playoff atmosphere because College Football is seemingly ALWAYS a playoff atmosphere! A White out and a black out or Orange-out or whatever the solid color (at least for the student section) would be simply incredible. Not for every game but for certain games to add flare. Add some pom-poms, clackers, rally towels and cow-bells to the proper stadiums (even if it's just for pregame presentation) and OMG! Seriously, I didn't think it was that important or different until I played that playoff game yesterday, but it really made the game I was playing special in a way that was as close to real life as a game has taken me. :popcorn: I can't even wait to play again...

psuexv
05-22-2012, 10:22 AM
yep....its just not something you can actually initiate with a button press.

Correct. You can see at the end of this Highlight from '12 the HB does the Chomp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axcrgs2v6qE&list=UUfmAEk-yAm0PdpY1tvHaShw&index=7&feature=plcp

JeffHCross
05-22-2012, 07:28 PM
No kidding, there are tons of examples of real lack of class at and by O$U fans. Not sure why he picked that one.Knew that was coming ;)

Little Steve
05-22-2012, 08:47 PM

I hate OSU fans as much as you do, and MSU and Notre Dame. The last two for coaching reasons...

JeffHCross
05-22-2012, 08:50 PM
I hate OSU fans as much as you doPsst ... Austin secretly likes me. He just doesn't admit it anymore.

coogrfan
05-23-2012, 08:52 AM
The Gator chomp is actually still in the game I believe, along with the seminole wave and the USC Victory symbol. I think TCU, Arizona State and some others also have their gestures in the game still.

I know EA's SNAFU'ed version of the Cougar Paw is still in the game.

AustinWolv
05-23-2012, 01:29 PM
Knew that was coming ;)
Naturally. ;)
If it didn't, either send the paramedics or retreat to your bunker after checking out the window. :D

AustinWolv
05-23-2012, 01:32 PM
I hate OSU fans as much as you do, and MSU and Notre Dame. The last two for coaching reasons...

:up:

Although I think Jeff is a closet Nebraska fan because he's sane, rational, and civil. O$U fans.....not sane....or even civil......incredibly irrational.

I know why you don't like the last two. LOL.
MSU fans? Bandwagon. Dantonio is a petty, unprofessional tool.
Kelly is just a freak, afraid the guy's head is going to explode someday.

tko27
05-23-2012, 01:53 PM
Helllloooooooo EA Sports USC got a major jumbo-tron upgrade at the Coliseum last season. I'm talking MAJOR, it's about as wide as a football field. Where is it?? How do you miss something like that? That will be a major bummer for all USC fans.

morsdraconis
05-23-2012, 02:33 PM
Helllloooooooo EA Sports USC got a major jumbo-tron upgrade at the Coliseum last season. I'm talking MAJOR, it's about as wide as a football field. Where is it?? How do you miss something like that? That will be a major bummer for all USC fans.

Clearly, it was added after EA finished their stadium upgrade rounds.

Little Steve
05-23-2012, 02:52 PM

One thing i find funny about UC in the game. Is that when you score, cowboys fire the cannon. Its in ohio wtf are cowboys doing their??? What happens in real life is, a bunch in army guys fire the cannon, and do the amount of pushups as UC has points. I want them to keep it in the game though, i get a kick out of it every time... lol

Little Steve
05-23-2012, 03:00 PM
Your gonna see the youtube responce alot guys....he's right but still

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6U2cNu9tEM
Best i could find

ram29jackson
05-23-2012, 03:14 PM
he gives non sequitur an entirely new meaning..

Little Steve
05-23-2012, 04:01 PM
he gives non sequitur an entirely new meaning..
:fp:fail on ur part if you don't see Y i posted that.

ram29jackson
05-23-2012, 04:29 PM

nah, I still am fascinated with the old Coliseum quite enough really.

SmoothPancakes
05-23-2012, 04:43 PM

Yep. There's a whole list of reasons why it's not in. EA didn't get a chance to go to USC and re-scan the stadium with the scoreboard added (they do have 123 other stadiums to work on), they didn't get the approval/ok from the school itself as to what they wanted to do with the scoreboard in the game, or they didn't get the approval from USC in time for NCAA 13. Maybe they don't need to scan the stadium for a simple scoreboard update, but just didn't have time to get it added this year (again, they have 123 other stadiums to work on). The actual reason why the jombo-tron isn't in NCAA 13, who knows, but if that's the biggest concern for USC's stadium, that's minor compared to other stadiums in the game and stuff that has been missing in the past.

cdj
05-24-2012, 12:06 PM
New clip featuring Maryland & Michigan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlfmxsWGZbg&feature=youtu.be

Marlowe
05-24-2012, 12:16 PM
Lol, wtf is the DE doing on that read? Bubble screen may have the dynamics improved but that was NOT the clip to show (minimal gain). The passing is better but the DB's look...um..."confused" is the only word that comes to mind. I dont like critiquing before playing the game since you can't really get a feel for the gameplay from these clips. I just thought those were kind of obvious.

WolverineJay
05-24-2012, 12:35 PM
Question for CD guys regarding the read option QB animation. In that WIP clip when did the CPU return control to the user? I mean was the QB forced or controlled to take that route it should've been cut up field immediately past the outside shoulder of the LT after he decided to keep it like a real-life option QB would. Part of the reason I hated running QB Wrap, Read Option, Speed Option, QB Blast, QB Draw, and QB Power is the lack of control the user has at the start of those plays(mostly the stuck in the mud animations but also the fact I wanted to cut another direction only to be controlled by the CPU for a few yards then I get control too late to cut inside or outside into space).

Deuce
05-24-2012, 12:45 PM
That was much better than last week. I still really can't tell a whole lot about the game but I liked the idea of showing specific examples of gameplay changes. Very nice.

morsdraconis
05-24-2012, 12:51 PM
Lol, wtf is the DE doing on that read? Bubble screen may have the dynamics improved but that was NOT the clip to show (minimal gain). The passing is better but the DB's look...um..."confused" is the only word that comes to mind. I dont like critiquing before playing the game since you can't really get a feel for the gameplay from these clips. I just thought those were kind of obvious.

The DB play looked perfect to me. Using routes to flood zones is how this stuff is supposed to work. It was clearly all Cover 2 Zone (except for the comeback route and the "WR creating space" play where it looks like some type of Cover 3 zone in each of those) and it was that way to highlight the fact that, with the right route combinations, you have the ability to throw into windows created by the receivers forcing zone defenders to cover them.

As for the DE read, I'd rather have that than what the DE does in '12 (you know, not reading the damn play at all or reading the HB but still having the ability to turn on a dime and chance my QB down). At least here you're not punished for making the correct read and it actually gets your QB out into space where anything can happen.

WolverineJay
05-24-2012, 12:51 PM
The more videos EA releases keeps leading me to believe that a ton of routes are going to be money this year(granted these clips are probably on Varsity which is very user friendly so I will wait till the demo until I fully decide whether I buy 13' since I have a good deal of gameplay issues with 12' that I need to see resolved before deciding on NCAA 13). The year of the QB indeed. I just want balance in the pass game not overpowered one way or the other EA. I don't want to routinely go 30-40 for an 80 THP 80 THA QB even with my immediate change of User QBA to 20 every year. I sure hope it doesn't become too easy for any QB to connect on WR Curls, Comebacks, Slant Ins and Outs, Post Corners, Ins, Outs, Sluggos, and Wheel routes.

Cane305
05-24-2012, 01:05 PM
Granted its just small clips, but this video looked a lot better then the USC Oregon gameplay. Excited to see the qb on the read option actually take off and not delay or be held back.

psusnoop
05-24-2012, 01:05 PM
The DE took the HB read and stayed with it, he didn't come back and make the tackle on the QB. I agree Mors I would rather that then the latter.

I thought the passing game was fine, critiquing it as far as tightness of coverage and all right now isn't worth it. Just not enough data to do so anyways. I liked how the WR was led into open areas, I hope that part works as well as it was shown.

For what it is, it is a nice quick video.

xMrHitStickx904
05-24-2012, 01:08 PM
Main thing I saw was that all of those coverages were Cover 2 or Cover 3, to show off the improved passing. I do want to see man coverage though, & how that works. I feel that when we first get the game, it's going to be somewhat easy to throw for those that play people who don't know how to utilize the new adjustments on defense. That, and the option read looks fast, like PS2 fast. I like that a lot, no more delays & wasted animations on the fake.

psusnoop
05-24-2012, 01:09 PM
Main thing I saw was that all of those coverages were Cover 2 or Cover 3, to show off the improved passing. I do want to see man coverage though, & how that works. I feel that when we first get the game, it's going to be somewhat easy to throw for those that play people who don't know how to utilize the new adjustments on defense.

I think that's the case already. Anyone that doesn't mix things up currently is going to be slow to utilize the new adjustments on defense.

Good point though.

Kwizzy
05-24-2012, 01:15 PM
Couple things...
1) I understand why these videos are released & all of that but I HATE them! You just don't know enough to make any good judgements. Things you don't know that could greatly impact what you are seeing: Skill Level, Player ratings, playcalls, etc... For instance on the "Comeback" clip, What are the ratings of the CB & WR? If that CB is a stud & the WR is average then I'm disappointed because the CB didn't play it all that well. If the opposite is true, then I'm exstatic. All I'm trying to say is, I would just be very careful of getting too excited or too disappointed based on videos like this. Which it seems like many are saying, and that's good.

2)The Def. called on that bubble screen appears to be cloud zone. Cover 3 with both safeties & the bubble side CB deep. I thought it was nice to see the way it worked out. On most bubble screens the WR is going to have to make a guy miss for the play to get a chunk of yards.

3)Zone read looked really nice. I'm definitely looking forward to being able to design my offense around some of those plays this year if what G has said is in fact the way things end up.

WolverineJay
05-24-2012, 01:18 PM
It looked like the User initiated the new play-action abort on that throw to the WR on the curl route. I did like that the LG and C were working together on keeping that DT from penetrating even after the C was thrown away like we see in 12' all the time.

Kwizzy
05-24-2012, 01:26 PM
It looked like the User initiated the new play-action abort on that throw to the WR on the curl route. I did like that the LG and C were working together on keeping that DT from penetrating even after the C was thrown away like we see in 12' all the time.

Pretty solid observation there. THAT is something that you can pick up a little in these videos. Definitely looked like the C did a much better job of trying to recover from being shucked & help again.

Kwizzy
05-24-2012, 02:29 PM
Main thing I saw was that all of those coverages were Cover 2 or Cover 3, to show off the improved passing. I do want to see man coverage though, & how that works. I feel that when we first get the game, it's going to be somewhat easy to throw for those that play people who don't know how to utilize the new adjustments on defense. That, and the option read looks fast, like PS2 fast. I like that a lot, no more delays & wasted animations on the fake.

The "WR Creating Space" vid shows the defense in a Cover 1 Man FWIW.

ryby6969
05-24-2012, 03:06 PM
I did not care for the read play at all. The DE does not even look at the QB. It is like it went from one extreme to another. The only thing that would make it somewhat realistic would be the DE being low rated or have really low PRC.

The leading the receiver to open space kind of bothered me also. Unless I missed something, it looked like the receiver changed his route when the button was pressed without looking at the QB. Not to mention, he made a straight line for where the ball was going to go.

beartide06
05-24-2012, 03:59 PM
Ok, from what I can see from that video, there are a couple of things I do not like at all. Granted, it is a WIP, but I feel they could have used better examples. For starters, that "comeback" route they claim in the video was NOT a comeback route at all. A comeback route is run 10 to 12 yards, outside or inside release, depending on the corners technique, and the cut is a break to the outside and then backwards at an angle 2 to 3 yards, thus "coming back" to the ball and catching it away from someone who has given too much cushion or was just slow on the cut. Here is what a proper comeback route should look like: http://youtu.be/3BlDfvoMx7g

Another thing I noticed is that of the bubble screen route. I rarely, if ever, see it run from under center. In fact, in offenses where the bubble screen is the staple, It is NEVER run from under center. Again, I know this is a WIP, but if they are going to show a video of specific things, they could at least ensure that the material is correctly portrayed.

Kwizzy
05-24-2012, 04:06 PM
Ok, from what I can see from that video, there are a couple of things I do not like at all. Granted, it is a WIP, but I feel they could have used better examples. For starters, that "comeback" route they claim in the video was NOT a comeback route at all. A comeback route is run 10 to 12 yards, outside or inside release, depending on the corners technique, and the cut is a break to the outside and then backwards at an angle 2 to 3 yards, thus "coming back" to the ball and catching it away from someone who has given too much cushion or was just slow on the cut. Here is what a proper comeback route should look like: http://youtu.be/3BlDfvoMx7g

Another thing I noticed is that of the bubble screen route. I rarely, if ever, see it run from under center. In fact, in offenses where the bubble screen is the staple, It is NEVER run from under center. Again, I know this is a WIP, but if they are going to show a video of specific things, they could at least ensure that the material is correctly portrayed.

Yeah, comback was definitely NOT the terminology that should've been used. So I agree with you on the first part. As far as the 2nd part, Nebraska specifically runs it from under center & I'm sure others do too. So I really don't see a problem there.

Dr Death
05-24-2012, 04:07 PM

Actually, that isn't a Bubble Screen in that video. One, the QB is under center, which as you point out, is NOT how it's run, and two, the QB throws from the 40 yard line and the WR catches it at the 42... making this a lateral!!! So you are correct in the fact that this is not how it's run, but the sad thing is that it's not even a pass - it's just a lateral.

beartide06
05-24-2012, 04:13 PM
Yeah, comback was definitely NOT the terminology that should've been used. So I agree with you on the first part. As far as the 2nd part, Nebraska specifically runs it from under center & I'm sure others do too. So I really don't see a problem there.

See, I thought I may have seen it run from under center before, but I just do not see it often. That is why I said rarely ;)

Does Nebraska run the bubble screen as one of their main plays throughout the year? I also watched a video of Wisconsin running it from under center, but again, do they run it often? By the way, I'm asking out of curiosity, not to be sarcastic or anything. I am sure you know much more about their play calling than I do. Lol.

beartide06
05-24-2012, 04:16 PM
Actually, that isn't a Bubble Screen in that video. One, the QB is under center, which as you point out, is NOT how it's run, and two, the QB throws from the 40 yard line and the WR catches it at the 42... making this a lateral!!! So you are correct in the fact that this is not how it's run, but the sad thing is that it's not even a pass - it's just a lateral.

Well, I wouldn't say "it's not" run from under center. Here is a video of it being broke down against a cover 3 defense with Wisconsin, (Start watching at about the 27 second mark): http://youtu.be/-qLMFs_ZEjg

I just do not see it TOO much from under center. I am more familiar with it being run from teams who run it out of the shotgun a lot as you probably are, too.

Kwizzy
05-24-2012, 04:29 PM
Well, I wouldn't say "it's not" run from under center. Here is a video of it being broke down against a cover 3 defense with Wisconsin, (Start watching at about the 27 second mark): http://youtu.be/-qLMFs_ZEjg

I just do not see it TOO much from under center. I am more familiar with it being run from teams who run it out of the shotgun a lot as you probably are, too.

I can't definitively say why either NE or WISC run it but what it seems like to me is it's something they incorporate to keep teams honest. With both of those teams, defenses will start to cheat off of the WR to support the run & the possibility of the ball going out quick to the WR will keep them honest.

At any rate, trust me there will be bubble screens from shotgun & pistol sets as well. It just happens that they used an under center set in this video. Also, I think it's a little nit picky to say that this isn't a bubble screen because it was a lateral Dr. Death. The play was obviously a bubble screen, the fact that it was run from the formation it was makes it so that sometimes that is a lateral. Nebraska gave up a TD a cpl years ago on a play like that where the ball wasn't caught & the TTech defender picked it up & took it to the house.

beartide06
05-24-2012, 04:45 PM
I can't definitively say why either NE or WISC run it but what it seems like to me is it's something they incorporate to keep teams honest. With both of those teams, defenses will start to cheat off of the WR to support the run & the possibility of the ball going out quick to the WR will keep them honest.

At any rate, trust me there will be bubble screens from shotgun & pistol sets as well. It just happens that they used an under center set in this video. Also, I think it's a little nit picky to say that this isn't a bubble screen because it was a lateral Dr. Death. The play was obviously a bubble screen, the fact that it was run from the formation it was makes it so that sometimes that is a lateral. Nebraska gave up a TD a cpl years ago on a play like that where the ball wasn't caught & the TTech defender picked it up & took it to the house.

I think that might be 1 reason why most teams run it from shotgun, because if the WR drops the ball it could result in a fumble like in the example you used.

Kwizzy
05-24-2012, 04:53 PM
I think that might be 1 reason why most teams run it from shotgun, because if the WR drops the ball it could result in a fumble like in the example you used.

Yeah it's definitely a concern. But like I said, a power running team like WISC (& like NE is trying to become) can't always run it out of those formations because it doesn't do them any good when you consider their motives for running it. They like to show it out of their typical formations as a constaint play to make the defense honor it and thus allowing them to continue their bread and butter which is the power run & then playaction over the top.

Here is a good link describing what I'm talking about:
http://smartfootball.com/offense/why-every-team-should-apply-the-constraint-theory-of-offense

Rudy
05-24-2012, 04:55 PM
I still don't like the lack of foot planting and the way players move. I really don't like how Denard Robinson looked completely useless in the open field. He didn't even do anything and there was only one guy to beat in a ton of open space. Was that a user juke there? This may be user error but this was a criticism I had of NCAA 12 - too hard to make guys miss without real momentum.

Kwizzy
05-24-2012, 05:01 PM
I still don't like the lack of foot planting and the way players move. I really don't like how Denard Robinson looked completely useless in the open field. He didn't even do anything and there was only one guy to beat in a ton of open space. Was that a user juke there? This may be user error but this was a criticism I had of NCAA 12 - too hard to make guys miss without real momentum.

Agree completely :up:

Dr Death
05-24-2012, 05:35 PM

While I can say that I don't watch much :Nebraska: or :Wisconsin: I can also say that I have never seen the Bubble Screen ran like they have it in that video. It's used - primarily - in Shot Gun because you have the ball going forward, and like Beartide said, you don't have the risk of a fumble. But all that aside, if EA is going to show us how they've improved the Bubble Screen then how does this play get chosen? Under center - which is used so minimally that I've never seen it - and the pass doesn't even go forward.

I get why teams like you mentioned run it that way - they play in pro style offenses and going to the Gun may tip the D off, so they run it from under center to - as you put it - keep defenses honest. But EA couldn't have shown us one in Shot Gun where the ball actually goes forward??? :fp:

steelerfan
05-24-2012, 05:36 PM
Just got home to start looking at this. Nice job, Kwizzy, of getting some things cleared up for us. I appreciate it. :up:

SmoothPancakes
05-24-2012, 05:40 PM
Just got home to start looking at this. Nice job, Kwizzy, of getting some things cleared up for us. I appreciate it. :up:

souljahbill
05-24-2012, 07:27 PM
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the streak instantly becoming a corner route without the WR looking backwards or anything. That pass should have been incomplete.

steelerfan
05-24-2012, 07:45 PM
As to the Bubble Screen. The Steelers used it quite a bit from under center with Bruce Arians as their OC.

This article does a nice job of breaking down when they used it in 2011, and the Play-by-play synopsis at the bottom tells you if they were in shotgun. Even if some of these have been misidentified by the author, they can't ALL be.

The point is, the Steelers have definitely run it from under center.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/01/breaking-down-the-steelers-2011-wide-receiver-bubble-screens/

jaymo76
05-24-2012, 08:02 PM
I was hoping we would see part three of that Oregon-USC match. I desperately want to see and HEAR the USC crowd when Oregon has the ball. Let's see this new and improved crowd noise that EA has told us about.

Big Blue
05-24-2012, 09:20 PM
Only things I have problems with are lack of momentum and ball speed. The ball just seems to be moving too fast, it seemed perfect back in last-gen. Also, I believe they should take some notes from 2k football in the momentum, juking, foot planting department. They had it perfect. The throwing animation needs to be completely redone, and having multiple throwing animations for different style QB's would be awesome.

Big Blue
05-24-2012, 09:22 PM
One more thing, juke is not effective enough and spin move is unrealistically useful.

Little Steve
05-24-2012, 09:38 PM
One more thing, juke is not effective enough and spin move is unrealistically useful.
Its probley on the close enough list...