PDA

View Full Version : DorianDonP assembles an excellent reference for real life presentation

gschwendt
05-10-2012, 01:35 PM
A guy on OS (DorianDonP) has put together an excellent review of real life presentation and envisions how they could potentially be implemented into NCAA Football. Definitely worth checking it out. I've included a few examples below.

1. After the kickoff, and before the first play, a screen showing the history between the two teams popped up.
http://i45.tinypic.com/ot2hzs.png

2. Before the first snap for USC, the season statistics of Matt Barkley is shown.
http://i46.tinypic.com/24ys0zq.png

4. A graphic pops up that shows "impact players" for USC before the next play starts.
http://i46.tinypic.com/21zw5g.png

5. Then they show the "impact players" for USC.
http://i50.tinypic.com/e85mwj.png

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football/551232-espn-overlays-2011-vs-ncaa-12-overlays-breakdown.html

JBHuskers
05-10-2012, 02:23 PM
:up:

souljahbill
05-10-2012, 02:48 PM
I saw that thread earlier today. That's definitely something that needs to happen in the future.

psusnoop
05-10-2012, 02:55 PM
This would be very welcomed and something EA should give some thought heading forward

Kwizzy
05-10-2012, 04:21 PM
I love the ideas and concepts he presents. I will say one thing, I am much more partial to stat overlays and other things of that nature that don't make me wait for them to finish or skip them all together to continue playing the game. I love what they are doing with studio updates but if we have studio updates, impact players, game tracks, etc. all as full screen events then I just feel like there's too much time spent waiting for the presentation to finish. I am all for overlays that don't disappear with button presses. Let me see the information WHILE I'm playing the game, much like the ticker is going to do.

steelerfan
05-10-2012, 04:31 PM
Anything that enriches the immersive effect of a game is welcomed by me. That said, I can understand the worries that Kwizzy has brought up (though I don't typically button-through very much).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

JBHuskers
05-10-2012, 06:18 PM
Well EA did address the buttoning through things like Game Track and the Studio Update for 13. If some of this stuff makes 14, then I would assume the same mechanism to advance could be implemented.

steelerfan
05-10-2012, 07:44 PM
Well EA did address the buttoning through things like Game Track and the Studio Update for 13. If some of this stuff makes 14, then I would assume the same mechanism to advance could be implemented.

Did you read Kwizzy's concerns? :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

ram29jackson
05-10-2012, 08:41 PM
what is so fascinating about the guy copying what happens in real life? and wanting it to be in a video game?

someone already said it... I dont want a bunch of crap popping up all the time..I want it to look colorful and somewhat interesting,sure..but let me get to the game and see what i'm doing..its like pop ups on your computer..you dont want it and dont care...all the junk theyve added so far will mean nothing if I cant hot route my defensive lineman to go straight without him going offsides LOL and since theyve put the same controls in Madden that are already in NCAA, i'm afraid of it happening in both games.

I dont need it to look like a real telecast..I just want it to play like it matters what play you picked in what ever situation

JeffHCross
05-10-2012, 08:59 PM
n/m

baseballplyrmvp
05-10-2012, 09:17 PM
i would like that very much. :up:

they could even do a little graphic/audio showing the starting lineups too

souljahbill
05-11-2012, 04:26 AM
what is so fascinating about the guy copying what happens in real life? and wanting it to be in a video game?

someone already said it... I dont want a bunch of crap popping up all the time..I want it to look colorful and somewhat interesting,sure..but let me get to the game and see what i'm doing..its like pop ups on your computer..you dont want it and dont care...all the junk theyve added so far will mean nothing if I cant hot route my defensive lineman to go straight without him going offsides LOL and since theyve put the same controls in Madden that are already in NCAA, i'm afraid of it happening in both games.

I dont need it to look like a real telecast..I just want it to play like it matters what play you picked in what ever situation

Maybe it's because I'd like to know what's going on in my game without pausing to check the stats every 5 minutes. Maybe I didn't realize that my RB has had 19 carries in the 2nd quarter or that one of my receivers is torching a CB (encouraging me to continue to throw at him) or that my DE is abusing a T, allowing me to use my LBs to do something else instead of blitzing every play to get pressure.

Knowledge is power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kwizzy
05-11-2012, 01:52 PM
Maybe it's because I'd like to know what's going on in my game without pausing to check the stats every 5 minutes. Maybe I didn't realize that my RB has had 19 carries in the 2nd quarter or that one of my receivers is torching a CB (encouraging me to continue to throw at him) or that my DE is abusing a T, allowing me to use my LBs to do something else instead of blitzing every play to get pressure.

Knowledge is power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely, I agee with all of what has been said and I don't mind the full screen stuff either. I'd just be weary of how many times a game you're making the USER choose between having the presentation and moving on to the next play. It's possible, using those smaller overlays etc., to greatly enhance the presentation and still keep the game moving forward.

Ram, I think what's "impressive" about what has been done here is that someone has taken the time to break things down and give specific examples of what we'd all like to see. This is the type of thing that's extremely useful to the devs. They can take this to their bosses and the big time decision makers and say "SEE, this is what I've been trying to get you to let me spend my time on. THIS is what real football looks like & THIS is what our fans want." It's a powerful tool for them because, like any of us who doesn't own/run the company we work for, decisions are made by people much higher up the food chain that the devs sometimes and anything they can use to justify their time is valuable.