PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football 11 - Release Day Patch Info

cdj
07-12-2010, 11:16 AM
You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?245-NCAA-Football-11-Release-Day-Patch-Info

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA11/NCAAF11logo.jpg
NCAA Football 11 will be available in stores tomorrow, July 13th, and a patch will be available at the same time. Based on feedback from the community on the Demo, and internal testing, we have addressed several issues after the game was sent to Microsoft and Sony. The following changes were made for the July 13th patch:

Click Read More to see the list of changes announced with this patch.

- Fixed an exploit where the QB could walk through the defense when the ball is snapped, with a guaranteed a gain of over 50 yards.

- Tuned QB fumbling on scrambles, resolving an issue where the QB would fumble every time if hit past the line of scrimmage.

- Improved deep zone coverage assignments, making it significantly more difficult to be beaten by the deep ball. In particular, deep zones have been improved against Streak routes.

- Tuned QB throwing out of a sack. Previously, it was too easy for a QB to throw the ball while being tackled; this has been toned down to be more accurate.

- Resolved an error with pursuit angles, which resulted in defenders over pursuing the ball carrier every play. The angle was fixed to be slightly more aggressive, creating a more accurate pursuit.

- Tuned the read and react assignment for linebackers, especially outside linebackers, before the handoff. This will make it more difficult to run the ball outside the Tackles.

- Fixed an issue with the CPU ball carrier being stuck in a forward lean animation. Also lowered the frequency of CPU ball carriers leaning.

- Resolved an issue where AI players in man coverage assignment would swerve when covering particular vertical routes, causing them to be beat repeatedly.

- Ball carriers will no longer go into a tightrope assignment when running along the sideline. This was causing the player's speed to decrease to 70%.

- Resolved an issue that was causing tackles to not matchup in online games, potentially causing a crash in online games.

- Footsliding will no longer occur when the ball carrier has the ball in their left hand.

- Tuned CPU screen passes so they will get rid of the ball faster, resulting in less sacks.

- Resolved a crash that occurred if connection is lost before entering a game mode.

AustinWolv
07-12-2010, 11:19 AM
Tuned CPU screen passes so they will get rid of the ball faster, resulting in less sacks.

{applauding!!!!}

steelerfan
07-12-2010, 11:21 AM
This sounds great!!:nod:

ebin
07-12-2010, 11:24 AM
Footsliding will no longer occur when the ball carrier has the ball in their left hand.

What does this one refer to?

This is an impressive list for a release day patch. Can't wait 'til midnight!

JBHuskers
07-12-2010, 11:34 AM
Yep! Impressive list. It actually dropped last Wednesday I think. We had to keep it under wraps though ;)

JeffHCross
07-12-2010, 11:37 AM
cdj/JB ... this looks like this differs from the list of Demo to Retail fixes. A lot of people were speculating that the "Demo to Retail" list was actually a patch. Can you guys confirm that these are, in fact, separate entities?

JBHuskers
07-12-2010, 11:38 AM
cdj/JB ... this looks like this differs from the list of Demo to Retail fixes. A lot of people were speculating that the "Demo to Retail" list was actually a patch. Can you guys confirm that these are, in fact, separate entities?

Yes they are separate. Demo to retail changes are what is on the disc, and the patch is this list which dropped the middle of last week.

psusnoop
07-12-2010, 11:49 AM
JB and crew, have you talked to them about the PA HB Screen glitch were the QB just takes off backwards till you hit a button?

Also I tried to play a guy online last night and he kept getting disconnected. In my other game against IronDragon from here the game was very smooth for the first half then hit a ton of lag on the second half. Has anyone talked with EA about these yet?

cdj
07-12-2010, 11:56 AM
JB and crew, have you talked to them about the PA HB Screen glitch were the QB just takes off backwards till you hit a button?

Can you give me an exact playbook, formation, & play on that? Pretty sure they know, but we can send it on again.

psusnoop
07-12-2010, 12:04 PM
I will look at it tonight. I do not remember it all but I think I saved the video (atleast I hope I did).

texacotea
07-12-2010, 12:09 PM
EA looks to be making some strides on making this game good. I like this alot

gschwendt
07-12-2010, 12:14 PM
Can you give me an exact playbook, formation, & play on that? Pretty sure they know, but we can send it on again.
I'll see if I can find the exact play I ran into it with but I believe it was in the Georgia Playbook and was some form of Playaction Screen Pass. Seeing as how that's never been in the game in the past, I can only assume it's somehow tied to the animation for the new play.

CLW
07-12-2010, 12:15 PM
It sounds good. Of course, many of the terms used to describe the changes made (such as "Improved" or "Tuned") are subjective and open to interpretation.

psusnoop
07-12-2010, 12:17 PM
EA is doing a great job at getting different opinions and thoughts into the game to make this the most wholesome game we've seen yet.

gschwendt
07-12-2010, 12:20 PM

I'll see if I can find the exact play I ran into it with but I believe it was in the Georgia Playbook and was some form of Playaction Screen Pass. Seeing as how that's never been in the game in the past, I can only assume it's somehow tied to the animation for the new play.
Georgia Playbook, I-Form - Y-Trips PA Boot Screen.

psusnoop
07-12-2010, 12:21 PM

That is exactly like it was for me as well, a new Playaction screen pass which I think I was Oregon State when it happened to me. Might have been Indiana though too.

psusnoop
07-12-2010, 12:22 PM
Can you post a quick video showing everyone how it happens that way everyone knows what to look for?

gschwendt
07-12-2010, 12:24 PM
Can you post a quick video showing everyone how it happens that way everyone knows what to look for?
Will do.

gschwendt
07-12-2010, 01:13 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RtbgNWHI8o

CLW
07-12-2010, 01:23 PM
I assume all of the videos we have seen here at TGL since the embargo lift are "post-patch"?

mundo
07-12-2010, 01:25 PM
Yep! Impressive list. It actually dropped last Wednesday I think. We had to keep it under wraps though

Does this mean the affect is in the videos you guys are posting? It does actually explain certain aspects that seem improved.

The success of fixes is subjective, but they are mentioning the concerns that have been discussed. Definitely the right start to getting them fixed.

gschwendt
07-12-2010, 01:33 PM
I assume all of the videos we have seen here at TGL since the embargo lift are "post-patch"?
Not all of them actually... I believe the patch came out Thursday or so. Most of those videos were captured earlier in the week.

PigSooie
07-12-2010, 02:13 PM
Yay! Looks like 11 is gonna be a great game, makes me feel like the team at EA really cares! They've won me back for sure. I'll pick it up at midnight!

UGA14
07-12-2010, 02:45 PM
On the UGA video you posted... are you able to branch out of that animation by pressing a button or are you mashing buttons the whole time and it is taking that long to break out of the animation? That's a problem I hope they fix as I'm almost certain I'll pick that play by accident.

gschwendt
07-12-2010, 02:47 PM
On the UGA video you posted... are you able to branch out of that animation by pressing a button or are you mashing buttons the whole time and it is taking that long to break out of the animation? That's a problem I hope they fix as I'm almost certain I'll pick that play by accident.For me, mashing buttons doesn't help. I've seen others say that just pressing A on the 360 branches out of it but pressing X (coordinating button) on the PS3 does not.

CLW
07-12-2010, 02:49 PM
Not all of them actually... I believe the patch came out Thursday or so. Most of those videos were captured earlier in the week.

Thats interesting. Any comments on how the game played pre-patch v. post-patch?

gschwendt
07-12-2010, 02:53 PM
Thats interesting. Any comments on how the game played pre-patch v. post-patch?
Well, really can't say just because we weren't aware of the changes included in the patch until the same time you guys were. I'll try to keep an eye out on these but obviously tomorrow you guys will be able to give your own impressions.

Whit
07-12-2010, 03:27 PM
Awesome!

beartide06
07-12-2010, 03:45 PM
Man they are really on top of things this year! I am glad they are paying attention to community feedback significantly this year! Greta job!

jello1717
07-12-2010, 04:44 PM
The 2nd video here is another bugged pa pass animation. This was done by the CPU against Rynoaid. This would be in Oklahoma's pb and I'm guessing it's a different play as the stuck animation is completely different.

http://www.easports.com/dynasty?_user_state=system#module=moduleStoryView&story=$001dd80af531_1D_69CCE39E&dynid=29&sku=662A0001&sid=0&wknum=9

Sinister
07-13-2010, 04:12 PM
well i can say i think the cpu lean part didn't work that well i had the qb on a option lean for 7 yards with no one in front of him before he fell on his face