PDA

View Full Version : South Carolina Death Penaty Dynasty

lildude39
05-07-2012, 10:00 PM
Alright, I decided that instead of destoying my UC dynasty that I've built up, I'd start over and go with another team I like to follow, the South Carolina Gamecocks.

I wanted a team with a large stadium so that you could definitely see attendance was down. I turned coaching carousel off, changed everyone's class to to Redshirt Seniors, so they'd be gone next year, CPU recruiting assistance off so I'd get nothing but walk ons. I will then Sim until the team is down to 1* prestige. The SEC will then kick them out to the Sun Belt.

I'll try to come up with some story to reflect all of this.

Also, I will have the scheduling "contracts" that were established in Smooth Pancakes dynasty.

One thing I like to do in my dynasties for changing the landscape of conferences is if a team is in a Big 6 conference, and they go 2 years in a row as a 1* prestige, they are demoted to a geographically logic conference, and if a team in a lower tier conference has 2 years in a row of 4* prestige, they are promoted to a stronger conference. I will be starting this dynasty in the default conference setting.

If you have any ideas or suggestions, let me know. Hope it all works out. Enjoy!

lildude39
05-07-2012, 10:19 PM
After an NCAA investigation on the South Carolina Gamecocks football program, the NCAA has decided to hand down the "Death Penalty" to the football program.

The NCAA began looking in to allegations that the Gamecocks organization was recruiting illegally, placing bounties on players from opposing teams, the front office lying to the NCAA and covering up any withholding information from investigators, and a corrupt athletic apartment. All coaches, including head coach Steve Spurrier, were removed from their positions, as well as higher position holding employees. As the NCAA continues to investigate, the players, will be allowed to participate in the, but this wil be their final season.

"This is a sad day for Carolina football". The university president stated.

This will effectively "kill" the Carolina football program. For the next 4 seasons, only walk ons will be allowed to participate. All non-conference football games will be played on the road, and the program may face being kicked out of the South Eastern conference in football, as well as other sports.

As it stands, the 2012 schedule is as follows:

@ ECU
@ Georgia
@ Navy
vs. Vanderbilt
vs. #12 Auburn
vs. Kentucky
@ #19 Mississippi State
@ Tennessee
@ #18 Arkansas
vs. #20 Florida
@ Miami
@ Clemson

As so, the news outlets are not allowed to follow the program during the season (editors note: This is to speed up the simulating process, :))

God Save Carolina Football...

JeffHCross
05-07-2012, 10:29 PM
This will effectively "kill" the Carolina football program. For the next 4 seasons, only walk ons will be allowed to participate.Nice! This is the exact setup I was going to use for my Death Penalty dynasty. Now I might have to switch things up a little bit just to keep ours different! I'll be watching.

lildude39
05-07-2012, 10:42 PM
Here are the results of the South Carolina football's last season before the Death Penalty take full affect:

Week 1: USC 41, ECU 7
Week 2: USC 33, UGA 30
Week 3: USC 49, Navy 21
Week 4: VANDY 23, USC 45
Week 5: AUB 17, USC 24
Week 6: UK 20, USC 35
Week 7: USC 31, MISS St. 38
Week 8: BYE
Week 9: USC 33, TENN 30, OT
Week 10: USC 12, ARK 16
Week 11: UF 6, USC 31
Week 12: USC 10, MIAMI 31
Week 13: USC 24, CLEMSON 45
Week 14: BYE
SEC CHAMP: MISS ST 35, USC 14
Capital One Bowl: Penn St 7, USC 34

A long offseason begins for South Carolina, as they are unable to recruit for the next 4 years. This may be the end of SEC football for the Gamecocks...

lildude39
05-07-2012, 10:43 PM
Haha, awesome Jeff. Yeah, it's going to be a long 4 years, I believe. I'll keep an eye out for yours!

lildude39
05-07-2012, 11:09 PM
The offseason went about as expected, although Carolina is actually still ranked, beginning the season #22 in the polls. It's not expected to last long though, as the depth chart has been greatly thinned out to 51 players, and their ranking dropped from a A- overall to a D-.

Their schedule this season is as follows:

@ ECU
vs UGA
@ UAB
@ FAU
vs. #9 Miss St
@ UK
@ #15 LSU
@ VANDY
vs TENN
vs. #21 ARK
@ FLORIDA
@ CLEMSON

In Conference Alignment news:

TCU accepts an invitation to the Big XII
Boise State accepts an invitation to the PAC 12

Kansas and Washington St are on watch. Another poor year and they will be demoted.
A successful year for Tulsa will promote them to a stronger conference.

morsdraconis
05-08-2012, 07:50 AM
I always find Death Penalty dynasties interesting. I might actually be tempted to do one with next year's game since it looks like Conference Prestige will finally be malleable instead of static and I can do the three tier setup that I was wanting to do before but became pointless because of conference prestige being screwed up.

lildude39
05-08-2012, 09:05 AM
Yeah, I finally got around to doing one. I've been wanting to awhile now, but work, coaching, and ADD always get in the way. Not to mention an upcoming wedding, haha. But I've got a little bit of free time now, so figured it was the best time to get one going.

I've actually decided to begin coaching this upcoming season, but still submitting to the no recruiting punishment and all non conference games being away. Even though I'm still a 4* prestige, it will definitely drop, seeing as how my highest rated player is a 73 punter, which is also my 3rd string qb, lol.

I'll be running a multiple look offense leaning more on the passing side, and a 4-3 defense. I'm going to coach like I have in the past, which I will choose my plays with the "Ask Coach" option. That way its like I'm picking a play of my offensive and defensive coordinators suggestions. I don't think it will really matter these next few years though haha.

Oh fun times ahead... :)

morsdraconis
05-08-2012, 09:45 AM
I'm going to coach like I have in the past, which I will choose my plays with the "Ask Coach" option. That way its like I'm picking a play of my offensive and defensive coordinators suggestions.

That's an excellent idea.

Do you actually change the play any once you hit the line of scrimmage or do you run it as called?

I need something to handicap myself because, inevitably, I end up beating the piss out of the CPU because of the knowledge of how some plays just work, no matter what I do to make the game harder (without making the game cheat it's ass off to be able to beat me).

lildude39
05-08-2012, 10:19 AM
Rarely do I change the play. I may call hot routes, or change the direction of the play, but other than that I just let them go at it. Or if the opposing team is running hurry up, ill audible. Sometimes inside the 5 the coach recommends a ridiculous play when clearly its a goal line situation, and ill change it then. Or late in the game ill kneel the ball when it wants me to run a play.

I have the same trouble when I take control, just not fun anymore. This just adds another dimension and actually makes you set up strategy rather then just calling a play and making things happen. I really enjoy this style.

JeffHCross
05-08-2012, 09:03 PM
I still want to figure out a way to do a Death Penalty OD without it being incredibly painful. Unfortunately, there would be so much trust involved early in the game that one guy not following would absolutely ruin it.

lildude39
05-10-2012, 08:34 PM
Week 1:
:South_Carolina: (0-0) @ :East_Carolina: (0-0)

Sat, Aug 25, 8:00 PM
National Television

Through an appeal, Gamecock football can now be covered by the media for the 2013 season. Even after the roster being thinned out to 51 players, all walk ons, South Carolina is still favored to win this week's matchup against the Pirates of East Carolina.

The game will be played on the road due to the Gamecocks having to play all non conference games away from their home.

There are no rankings to be provided due to this being the first game of the season for both teams.

Kirk's Pick of the Week:

:South_Carolina:

lildude39
05-10-2012, 09:46 PM
South Carolina (0-1) played a tough ball game for 3 quarters, but eventually fell to East Carolina (1-0) by a score of 17-35.

A lot of zone coverage and many adjustments kept South Carolina in most of the game. A defensive lapse in the 4th really started to open the doors for ECU. South Carolina was only down 7 after 3 frames, but mistakes started to take their toll.

With mainly freshmen and a couple JUCOs on the field, a lot of experience needs to be gained in order for USC to bounce back from the death penalty sentence.

South Carolina falls to 0-1 on the season.

Game Summary

Final

#22:South_Carolina:

:East_Carolina:

USC
ECU

Score

First Downs

Total Offense

Rush-Yds-TD
28-2-0
22-49-2