PDA

View Full Version : Feature Playbook for Madden NFL 13.

NatureBoy
04-23-2012, 01:38 PM
Madden NFL 13 is all-new from boot up to credits. Every mode, every screen, every pixel has been reinvented delivering the most innovative, connected, and authentic Madden NFL experience in franchise history. Dont miss one feature announcement by following the Madden NFL 13 Feature Playbook, powered by GameStop.

Presentation
Madden NFL 13 delivers world-class presentation with an entirely new look and feel; plus, new commentators bring the game's broadcast to life. Check back April 25th for further details, assets and insights from the development team.

Gameplay Part 1
With a revamped passing game and the all-new Read and React Defensive AI system, Madden NFL 13 achieves greater realism on the virtual gridiron on both sides of the ball.for further details, assets and insights from the development team. Check back April 25 for further details, assets and insights from the development team.

Audio
Madden NFL 13 delivers a superb audio experience that faithfully replicates NFL Sundays with a new commentary team and the implementation of innovative technology along with unique resources provided by NFL Films.
Check back May 14 for further details, assets and insights from the development team.

Gameplay Part 2
A monumental change to Madden NFL gameplay creates the most authentic football experience to date, blurring the line between virtual and reality.
Check back June 4 for further details, assets and insights from the development team.

Connected Careers
With Connected Careers, Madden NFL 13 will revolutionize the way sports video game career modes are played.
Check back June 4 for further details, assets and insights from the development team.

Madden Ultimate Team
Madden NFL 13 Ultimate Team is the definitive way to experience virtual card collecting with new content and updates that mirror exciting NFL events throughout the entire year.
Check back July 9 for further details, assets and insights from the development team.

Madden Social
A whole new way to experience Madden against your friends - anytime, anywhere.

Release date TBA

http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/blog/feature-playbook-for-madden-nfl-13

JeffHCross
04-23-2012, 09:50 PM
Gameplay Part 2 and Connected Careers sound very tantalizing. No way those both hit the same day.

steelerfan
04-24-2012, 12:23 AM
Interesting.

While I'm all for a new commentary team, I hope it doesn't mean we're back to Square One like it has with all of the recent commentary lineup changes in recent years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

JeffHCross
04-24-2012, 08:42 PM
On the upside, it never felt like Gus's commentary ever got past Square One, so it's not a huge setback ...

jaymo76
04-24-2012, 08:54 PM
I will. Go on record as saying I am worried. Not seeing FRANCHISE as its own blog. Worries me. The last time the madden team was lite on the franchise details was madden 11 and we all remember that atrocity.

souljahbill
04-25-2012, 05:47 AM
I will. Go on record as saying I am worried. Not seeing FRANCHISE as its own blog. Worries me. The last time the madden team was lite on the franchise details was madden 11 and we all remember that atrocity.

I guess that'll be in the "careers" section. Funny how they have a whole day dedicated to the the fake card game that racks in the real dollars.

gschwendt
04-25-2012, 12:16 PM
Webcast for today is now up
http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/promo/madden-webcast

skipwondah33
04-25-2012, 03:52 PM
Alot of great information was went over. Definitely look forward to how it will play it

- pass trajectories
- passing system
- Auto Alignment
- Read and react

All those sound good, looking forward to the 2nd part of the gameplay

Rudy
04-25-2012, 04:19 PM
Anything different from what NCAA announced? This has a feel like NCAA 11 where there was a lot of shared stuff but NCAA got to release it first unlike Madden 10.

gschwendt
04-25-2012, 04:22 PM
Anything different from what NCAA announced? This has a feel like NCAA 11 where there was a lot of shared stuff but NCAA got to release it first unlike Madden 10.I didn't get to pay attention to the whole thing but from what I did get to see, it sounded like much of the same to me. There is a second Gameplay Playbook so they might go further with some things but I honestly do not know the first thing about Madden this year. I've seen people speculate that the reason for the second one is that it's a Kinect mode... I have no clue though.

Rudy
04-25-2012, 04:25 PM
Tommy, how many guys are on BOTH community day teams?

Rudy
04-25-2012, 04:27 PM
OS has some gameplay impressions: http://www.operationsports.com/features/1482/madden-13-gameplay/

One big thing - "Control alignment will match NCAA Football 13. All controls will be the same, for both games. Pump fakes, throw aways, pitching … every button combo will be an exact match, no more confusion when swapping games."

gschwendt
04-25-2012, 04:29 PM
Tommy, how many guys are on BOTH community day teams?Not many really... the only guy I know for sure that is attending both is Shopmaster. I know that Rynoaid from TSO requested to go to Madden only this year. Most only go to 1 because it is a big PTO killer for most guys. I personally get 15 days and used 7 between the two events I attended.

Rudy
04-25-2012, 04:41 PM
That certainly burns a lot of your vacation, yikes. Can you comment at all about how NCAA 13 felt compared to Madden 12 on the field?

gschwendt
04-25-2012, 04:44 PM
That certainly burns a lot of your vacation, yikes. Can you comment at all about how NCAA 13 felt compared to Madden 12 on the field?Really can't say... I didn't enjoy Madden 12 much and only played it for a couple of weeks or so.

JeffHCross
04-25-2012, 07:38 PM
Most only go to 1 because it is a big PTO killer for most guys. I personally get 15 days and used 7 between the two events I attended.It was very ironic last year that I didn't think I'd get to go to any past the first event, ended up going to all three I was invited to, AND I discovered that my employer is tons more flexible about time-off than others. Though I did have a lot of vacation time racked up. It was eye-opening in more ways than one.

JeffHCross
05-19-2012, 11:39 AM

I guess that'll be in the "careers" section. Funny how they have a whole day dedicated to the the fake card game that racks in the real dollars.I thought I had speculated that "careers" was Franchise before, but maybe I didn't because of souljah's similar comment.

However, after seeing the NHL 13 feature names revealed, I'm thinking that "Connected Careers" might be a new name for Online Franchise.

jaymo76
05-19-2012, 12:26 PM
I thought I had speculated that "careers" was Franchise before, but maybe I didn't because of souljah's similar comment.

However, after seeing the NHL 13 feature names revealed, I'm thinking that "Connected Careers" might be a new name for Online Franchise.

So Jeff are you saying that you think Madden 13 may have no major franchise mode updates???

JeffHCross
05-19-2012, 04:03 PM
So Jeff are you saying that you think Madden 13 may have no major franchise mode updates???Offline? I'd speculate they will not. Madden 12 was heralded as having major changes to Franchise mode, and Online Franchise has been totally neglected since its inception. So, my guess is that the new features will be heavy on Online.

Now, that being said, NHL 13's feature list makes an obvious implication that there won't be any major changes to their offline Franchise either. I'd be less inclined to believe it there (though I haven't tracked NHL's features in recent years quite as much). So it's possible that the presentation of features will focus on both Online modes, but still also be new features in offline dynasty/franchise/Be a GM.

Obviously, it's all speculation at this point.

jaymo76
05-19-2012, 08:12 PM
Offline? I'd speculate they will not. Madden 12 was heralded as having major changes to Franchise mode, and Online Franchise has been totally neglected since its inception. So, my guess is that the new features will be heavy on Online.

Now, that being said, NHL 13's feature list makes an obvious implication that there won't be any major changes to their offline Franchise either. I'd be less inclined to believe it there (though I haven't tracked NHL's features in recent years quite as much). So it's possible that the presentation of features will focus on both Online modes, but still also be new features in offline dynasty/franchise/Be a GM.

Obviously, it's all speculation at this point.

No major franchise updates for offline was the original feeling I had as well. Yes they added a lot back last year but with ZERO improvements to offline franchise as a possibility to 13, (other than tuning) I really don't see any reason to purchase the game. I am one of those 100% offline franchise/dynasty players so I look for franchise mode improvements first when determining whether to buy a game. I have come to the point where I am okay if I don't get Madden every year.