PDA

View Full Version : Impressions of NCAA Football 13 Gameplay

Pages : [1] 2

gschwendt
04-22-2012, 08:55 PM
http://thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA13/NCAAFB13_Playbook2_GP9.png

First, an introduction. For anyone that does not follow me or The Gaming Tailgate regularly, my name is Tommy and have always gone by the name gschwendt across many different message boards and sites. I've been playing the NCAA Football series since NCAA 2003 and I've ran a league/Online Dynasty that has been running since NCAA 2004. I play true-to-sim style football and utilize a mix of everything from pro-style, shotgun spread option, and air raid style offenses with a sprinkling of under center triple option... just depends on what I feel like running that day. Defensively, I love disguising coverages so I also love to utilize the 3-3-5 and 4-2-5 defenses whenever I can or just stick with the good-old 4-3 defense. I mostly play Online Dynasty mode because I love building up my own team and am currently participating in 3 different ODs using varying levels of teams (Arkansas State, Miami FL, and Oklahoma).

I say all of that because if you don't know me, I want to at least give you some insight as to where I come from so you can see where my focus is while I'm down at EA Tiburon during community events. Along those lines, they bring in guys from all over, with all kinds of different perspectives, and all kinds of different focuses on the same game we all play so that in the end, we can help influence the game as much as possible to improve upon it from year to year. In this write-up, I'll cover my impressions from my time with the game last week. This will only include information that EA has already released but largely focus on the Gameplay side of things.

Before I get into my impressions, I want to make sure everyone is aware that this is certainly not the final version of the game that will be released. They timed this event purposefully so that they would be able to take our feedback and make adjustments to the game based on that feedback. Obviously it's far too late for any new features or complete overhauls to happen, however they certainly can use our feedback to tune and improve various areas of the game.

I first want to start with the new features that everyone will immediately see... the passing game. With as close to a complete overhaul as one could get without actually stripping everything out, the passing game is most certainly different this year. Obviously the basic mechanics are the same as we've always had, but with the added trajectories, Total Control Passing, the receiver route awareness, and new quarterback drop-back animations, passing will certainly feel different than it has before. Add in the new receiver animations (430 is a lot!), playaction abort, and the defenders having to read and then react to passes, it changes things drastically.

The biggest change there is indeed the trajectories. Most people don't understand... we literally only had one trajectory in previous years. If you threw a bullet or threw a lob, it would play out the same trajectory, just at different speeds and stretched out heights. Now, with 25 different trajectories, the ball will travel in varying paths, heights, speeds, etc. based on where you're throwing to. Essentially, if you're throwing to a 5 yard curl, you no longer have to balloon a lob. Added as well, there is now a new middle ground between bullets and lobs that you can trigger based on how long you hold down the receiver's icon. All of this will let you, as a Quarterback, have much more control on how you want to get your receiver the ball.

The new Total Control Passing mechanic that is in the game is also a huge change. While in the past we were able to lead a receiver, this was always just simply used to make small adjustments to where the ball would be targeted while still relating to the route the receiver is running. However this year, with the same controls on the left stick, you can completely change where you want to target the ball. If your receiver is running a streak, you can choose which shoulder you want to lead him on. If the receiver is running an in route, you can now lead him further down field so that you can dump the ball over the linebacker's head. This will make passing in NCAA Football 13 completely new territory. Those that are able to master this new mechanic will be able to place the ball all over the field like never before. Obviously the down-side to that is that since you're now placing the ball in spots outside of the receiver's route, if your Quarterback isn't as accurate or if the receiver doesn't see the ball, you'll be seeing more balls hit the dirt.

Speaking of receivers not seeing the ball, that is based on the new receiver route awareness. I believe this has largely been explained but for anyone that still doesn't quite understand it, at the start of the snap, all receivers icons will be dimmed. They will remain dimmed until a receiver in real life would be looking for the ball. So, on a slant, a receiver is going to begin looking for the ball right around the time they make their cut whereas on a streak route, the receiver won't begin looking for the ball until they're 15-20 yards down field. You'll still be able to throw the ball whenever you like but if the receiver isn't looking for the ball, he won't make a play for it. This will eliminate the guys who rock & fire right at the snap to the TE that's running a streak... he won't be looking for the ball so it will either hit him the back of the helmet, hit the dirt, or worse get picked. That said, you'll still be able to throw routes based on timing; so long as the receiver is looking for the ball by the time it gets there, he'll still be able to catch it. On top of that, while it hasn't been stated out-right, I definitely feel that true route-based passing is finally in the NCAA Football series. That is, you can throw the ball before the receiver is actually cutting and it will throw to where he should be going and not just lead him in the direction he's currently running. This has been a complaint for years and feels as though as it has been addressed.

To coincide with the receivers having to look for the ball, so do the defenders. No longer are they mirroring or running a receiver's route before him; they have to play the receiver's route by reacting to what he does. The perfect example of this is on curls and comeback routes. If as a QB, you throw the ball before the WR actually makes his cut to get there when he turns around, he'll be able to turn and catch it while the defender might continue running 2-3 steps further down field. It all comes down to timing because if you get your timing wrong and throw the pass too late, that DB will have time to recover only to be able to catch that ball on the run as he returns it for the pick-six.

Along with that, the new 430 catch animations not only apply to receivers but also apply to defensive backs. These new animations are not only nice to see from a variety stand-point but they're also much more fluid, especially the relationship between the WR and the DB. While none of the developers ever said so specifically, these new animations seem to include some that have the WR and DB conjoined in the animation so that they will essentially play the ball together, separately. These present a more realistic representation of what happens in real life... the two players shouldn't jump independently from each other but rather jump differently based on what the other does. On top of that, I know there is concern that based on the dive animations we got last year, that the CPU won't be able to perform these new catches but as someone who does a mix of CPU & user catches, I saw the CPU able to make the same types of catches that I could manually.

Sticking with the offensive side of the ball, I want to touch on what will definitely be a welcome addition and that is the Shotgun Spread Option attack. Over the past 10 years, these offenses have evolved into much of what we see today with a large portion of schools at least mixing in these principles to their running game to the point that they can take them to the national title game (see Oregon vs Auburn in 2011). In the past, these were never represented very well as the threat to run from the QB was never as strong as it could be but looking at teams, the QB can often be the team's leading rusher (see Arkansas State in 2011). This year though, simple changes to how the QB will take off faster after an option read (no longer is he stuck in mud) and the fact that CPU defenders do not instantly react to an option choice, will make those option offenses much more deadly. In games against users and the CPU alike, in the right situation I would be able to break off 60+ yard runs with a QB keeper. Certainly a welcome change.

To go along with that, the option pitch has been changed so that the pitch man/QB relationship is much better. No longer will the man waiting to receive the pitch run parallel to the QB but instead stay one or so yards behind the QB. As well, it at least seems as though the pitch button is more responsive. Speaking of the pitch button, it has been moved to the L1/LS button. The fake pitch button has been moved to the right stick by pressing down/back on the stick.

Speaking of the option attack, I do want to mention that a mix on an old favorite, the Army Wingbone offense, is represented in the game. For those unfamiliar with this offense, see a video from keontez (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uKPyERG5_s) for a look at it. This offense essentially meshes the Flexbone offense with the Wishbone offense, featuring two backs in the backfield (FB & HB) along with a wingback. This creates a unique look that defenses have to prepare for. However I must mention that the wide offensive line splits that are shown in the video are not included in the game... it will use the same splits that the Flexbone used in the past.

Staying with the run game, while no major improvements or overhauls were made in this area, there are two important changes to note. The first being the return of momentum, particularly on defense and the second being a change to trucking and stiff-arming animations that return the control back to the user sooner. Last year, with NCAA12, the majority of the changes to momentum we saw in NCAA11 were seemingly lost. I believe this mostly had to do with the changes that the team made to loss of suction in tackling and in the end things weren't tuned back to where they were previously. This year though, you certainly can't get out of position on defense or you won't be able to recover in time to make a play.

Then on top of that, with users now being able to control players that break tackles much sooner, you'll certainly feel like you have more control with the ball carrier. Now if you get to the outside and perform a stiff-arm, you're not stuck as long in that break tackle animation so that you can expect to pick up more yards after successfully breaking a tackle. There are still scenarios where you don't regain control as fast as you might like but in those cases, it's just a matter of the animation playing out to where you're trying to recover your balance or a similar scenario. I always hate losing control of a player that I'm controlling but obviously in real life you have to regain your balance before you can make that next step in the direction you want to go.

Additionally, along the lines of running animations, obviously a large amount of people saw the juke animation during the Sights & Sounds sizzle video. While that animation was indeed there, we made sure to tell them that we don't like it being there. Their feeling was that the juke animation was underpowered last year and that was their attempt to sort of answer that. The problem though was that not only is it unrealistic in most cases, but as well the "cut" animation that would take one step to change direction was no longer there. This made it even more difficult to find your hole when running the ball up the middle. All that said, the gameplay developers were certainly open to our discussions about it and I'm hopeful that we'll see a slightly toned down juke in addition to the cut animation making a return.

If I stopped there, it would sound like the defense saw very little improvement this year but certainly the biggest change on defense, one that I have been a strong advocate for years is that they have now made changes to where defenses will use proper alignments. The essential philosophy behind this is that the best positional defender will cover the best receiver. CBs will have priority over WRs and then safeties, and then linebackers. This means that now if you call 4-3 Man Cover 2, you don't have to worry about whether a linebacker will be covering the slot receiver in Ace Big Twins. The CB will always move across the formation to cover the slot WR. The biggest help to this will be to those that use the 3-3-5 or 4-2-5 defense. In the past, bugs would prevent the safeties from covering the proper receivers, particularly in Cover 1 against a Y-Trips look. While looking through this last week, I still saw some issues where this wasn't exactly correctly but I noted as many as I could find and also suggested another pass to review various scenarios was needed. Hopefully they'll be able to correct as many as possible so that users are no longer scared off from running the 3-3-5 or 4-2-5.

In addition, they have also implemented a system to help disguise what play the defense is using. In the past, it was easy to tell whether the defense was in man or zone simply by seeing whether a defender always stayed over the top of the receiver. This year though, even when in zone coverage, best on best rules will still apply. If you call a 4-3 Cover 2 Zone defense against that Ace Big Twins, not only will the CB move across the formation to line up over the top of the slot WR. From there, the rest of the defense's assignments will flow over so that the same coverage is spread across the formation, just with different personnel filling the assignments. This results in the user-controlled QB no longer knowing what play the defense is running and instead having to make a true read once the ball is snapped.

Obviously that's not completely everything that has changed in the game but those are the areas that I believe will make the largest impact in the gameplay areas. I'm sure most are reading through my opinions and instantly assuming we'll see a return to NCAA 09's Wide-Open Gameplay. However, I certainly don't believe that will be the case as the defense will still be there to make plays. However, a user that learns how to use the new offensive tools will certainly have an advantage. The telling part will be two to three months after the launch of the game and see who has mastered these new techniques.

One final note, I do want to make mention that Custom Playbooks did receive a fair amount of attention this year. The large focus was ensuring that everything that didn't work last year, now does. You can now create a playbook that includes only one play if you so desire, including if you want to remove all goalline plays, you can do so. That also includes plays that are assigned as Audibles... if you remove them, it will automatically assign a new audible for you down to the point that you have one play remaining so it is now your only audible. As well, you will now have access to add any and all Wildcat formations to your playbook. They achieved both of these by removing the unique named formations that were named for team specific mascots, etc. No longer will there be the Wild "Insert Mascot Name Here" but instead they'll share names across every playbook... certainly a welcome change in my opinion. As well, you can now manipulate what order the various sets appear in each formation listing by simply removing all sets in that formation and then the order that you add them is the order that they'll appear. If you want the Ace Big to appear after the Ace Slot, you can now remove both, add the Ace Slot and then add the Ace Big. Unfortunately there weren't any changes to choosing your own formation audibles or the like but I think most will agree that the focus should be ensuring that the playbooks work correctly without any issues.

To close, while this year wasn't the revolutionary changes to gameplay that many are hoping to see such as overhauls to Offensive and Defensive Line interactions, overhauls to Special Teams, major changes to the Running game, and so on, this certainly is a year that includes significant changes to gameplay. The passing changes alone are significant but the alignment changes alone will make for a more competitive game since you can no longer predict the defense. Both of these areas are things that have had essentially no attention since even NCAA 03 so it's certainly refreshing to play with these new changes. Some may call this NCAA 12.5 but there really is a lot going on in the background that end up making significant changes to the game. While it may seem like a slow progression the past few years, these changes are making a major impact while causing small waves.

While I tried to cover pretty much everything, the whole experience down in Orlando can be a whirlwind as there is so much to look at in so little time. If I missed something particular, be sure to look at our Question and Answer thread (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?4902-NCAA-Football-13-Q-amp-A-Sights-Sounds-amp-Gameplay&p=134393&viewfull=1#post134393) or just simply reply to this article to ask your question. I and the others that have attended the community events this year can answer anything for Sights, Sounds, or Gameplay. Anything to do with Dynasty, Heisman Challenge, or Road to Glory are off-limits until EA themselves have touched on the topic.

You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?562-Impressions-of-NCAA-Football-13-Gameplay

JeffHCross
04-22-2012, 09:32 PM
Great write up, G!

This will eliminate the guys who rock & fire right at the snap to the TE that's running a streak... he won't be looking for the ball so it will either hit him the back of the helmet, hit the dirt, or worse get picked.Well, I know what I'll need to work on. :D

In the past, these were never represented very well as the threat to run from the QB was never as strong as it could be but looking at teams, the QB can often be the team's leading rusher (see Arkansas State in 2011)And Braxton Miller, Ohio State.

gschwendt
04-22-2012, 10:10 PM
Something I didn't include in the impressions but I certainly want to touch on... movement inside the pocket is greatly improved. First of all, on 12, if you moved around manually, it increased the chance for the DT to break off his block and secondly, there was a slow start-up to shuffling around in the pocket. This year, I never saw the DT come through too easily. As well, you can manually move around the pocket very well. I was able to manipulate my blockers to allow me more time to setup the throws I wanted to make. Granted, I've started picking up how to do this in 12 as well, but in 13 it's greatly improved if for no other reason than that the QB moves around more nimbly.

Cane305
04-22-2012, 10:46 PM
Few questions, sights and sounds wise...how did the crowd sound and look? Or is that not finalized yet? Also any new uniforms you see and how they looked?Gameplay wiseDo you feel it'll play realistic and people won't be able to run four verts every play and find someone open? Thanks for the review you answered most of my concerns about the game and hearing it from a gamer rather then the builder of the game gives me hope!

Avross
04-22-2012, 10:59 PM
As far as jersey did they adjust the colors of jersy like Alabama? Not maroon it's crimson. And did they eliminate ankle socks across the board? Add Nike elite and team specific socks like Michigan "M" what's about new shoes and gloves? Under armor Nike adidias reebok

Avross
04-22-2012, 11:00 PM
Something I didn't include in the impressions but I certainly want to touch on... movement inside the pocket is greatly improved. First of all, if you moved around manually, it increased the chance for the DT to break off his block and secondly, there was a slow start-up shuffling around in the pocket. This year, I never saw the DT come threw too easily. As well, you can manually move around the pocket very well. I was able to manipulate my blockers to allow me more time to setup the throws I wanted to make. Granted, I've started picking up how to do this in 12 as well, but in 13 it's greatly improved if for no other reason than that the QB moves around more nimbly.

As far as jersey did they adjust the colors of jersy like Alabama? Not maroon it's crimson. And did they eliminate ankle socks across the board? Add Nike elite and team specific socks like Michigan "M" what's about new shoes and gloves? Under armor Nike adidias reebok

baseballplyrmvp
04-22-2012, 11:10 PM
As far as jersey did they adjust the colors of jersy like Alabama? Not maroon it's crimson. And did they eliminate ankle socks across the board? Add Nike elite and team specific socks like Michigan "M" what's about new shoes and gloves? Under armor Nike adidias reeboktommy already said in another thread that he doesnt pay attention to socks. i would suggest looking for an answer on operation sports as their community seems to be more focused on the game's visuals :D

I OU a Beatn
04-22-2012, 11:13 PM
Very nice write up, G.

Av, are video game socks seriously that important to you?

steelerfan
04-22-2012, 11:40 PM
Very nice write up, G.

Av, are video game socks seriously that important to you?

I agree with your statement, and your question. :nod:

Nice, nice job putting all of this into words for us, Tommy! :up:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

xMrHitStickx904
04-23-2012, 12:14 AM
I like the write up, great job G. I'll try to provide a screenshot, but I'm wondering if the defensive pre-play adjustment options are similar to those on NCAA Football 10 on PS2? Not sure if you remember, I'll fire up BC PS3 if that's necessary.

Avross
04-23-2012, 12:31 AM
Guess the only one who care about gear and how the player models looks. Oh well

beartide06
04-23-2012, 01:50 AM
Awesome write up, sir! I am excited about the changes overall. A few questions: 1) When you refer to the option pitches, do you mean clicking down on the left stick and clicking down on the right stick? 2) Did you notice a difference in run blocking? For example, in 12 I noticed on occasions that blockers would run at defenders to block them, but then turn away from them or cut in another direction to avoid blocking, which led to my runner getting destroyed. 3) How successful was the QB avoidance stick? Did you use it much? Did it cause more broken or dodged sacks? Finally, 4) How well did the punt and kickoff coverage work? They did not mimic your every move like previous versions did they? did momentum feel the way it should in respects to this? Thanks a ton for your feedback and I appreciate the work you guys put in, and I also appreciate your in depth write up!

Avross
04-23-2012, 02:08 AM
Does the db finally have the ability to catch any ball? Sideline picks maybe dragging their feet in? Back of the end zone. Last yr the db hands didn't work when it came to sideline picks. And do they make diving picks? Do u see some juggled catches this year or both sides of the ball?

SmoothPancakes
04-23-2012, 02:09 AM

Because there's still a TON of stuff that needs to be fixed, redone or added/re-added (cough FCS teams and other features that used to be on the PS2 versions) before something like socks should even come into the conversation.

Let me put it in simple terms. If you take a piece of shit and dress it up and make it look all pretty, it's still a piece of shit regardless. As for NCAA, while it's most definitely not a piece of shit, there are still a bunch of issues with it that need to be corrected, need to be worked on, changes that need to be made, things added, etc JUST on the gameplay/on the field aspect, and other areas, of the game, before something as minor as socks should even be focused on.

Rudy
04-23-2012, 04:32 AM
I like the idea of a better juke. :)

Great write-up G.

xMrHitStickx904
04-23-2012, 05:44 AM

In the grand scheme of things, yeah. With everything that needs to be fix, I could give a damn about some socks.

Tengo Juego
04-23-2012, 06:06 AM
Glad to hear the Option reads are improved. Taylor Martinez shall run wild.

Kwizzy
04-23-2012, 06:22 AM
Nice write up G. So is it safe to say that after having the chance to play it a bit you're optimistic about the gameplay this year?

souljahbill
04-23-2012, 06:33 AM

We all want the gear and player models to look nice but *Allen Iverson voice* we're talking about socks!

I would think that off all the gear in the game, the socks would be the least cared about piece of clothing.

psusnoop
04-23-2012, 06:40 AM
Nice write up G. So is it safe to say that after having the chance to play it a bit you're optimistic about the gameplay this year?

Thanks G, enjoyed reading that.

Having read that all Kwizzy I'm optimistic about the gameplay this year :D

SCClassof93
04-23-2012, 07:05 AM
Great read! Thanks

Deuce
04-23-2012, 07:08 AM
Just read it again. :D

I mentioned this somewhere else but will sprint outs and bootlegs be user controlled?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Avross
04-23-2012, 07:34 AM
Well the EA team can't maneuver details like socks gloves and cleats real well that's why the 3D grass only appear in replays but next gen team specific socks new updated cleats and such swell be part of the Sights.

Avross
04-23-2012, 07:39 AM
Wonder will DBs be able to make sideline catches dragging a toe in and diving picks? Well we see some new fumble animations? Maybe QBs getting stripped from behind Osi style. How many new tackle animations? In juggling catches? Is the challenge flag options examined closed and fixed? Well safeties in zone bite on pump fakes? Ton of questions that need answers.

Deuce
04-23-2012, 07:39 AM
Well the EA team can't maneuver details like socks gloves and cleats real well that's why the 3D grass only appear in replays but next gen team specific socks new updated cleats and such swell be part of the Sights.

We understand you want socks to be correct but this is a gameplay impressions thread. There is a uniform thread that you can post in. I know there other guys that get into those details as well. :)

Avross
04-23-2012, 07:41 AM
At the bottom he claim he was answering questions for sights and sounds and gameplay. If he seen or heard anything I don't know then I wanna pick his brain

Kwizzy
04-23-2012, 07:42 AM
Thanks G, enjoyed reading that.

Having read that all Kwizzy I'm optimistic about the gameplay this year :D

Haha me too man. I know that G was pretty frustrated after last year's game came out (as all of us were, esp. those of us who played it in April last year) so I think he was going into this pretty cautiously this year.

steelerfan
04-23-2012, 07:49 AM
At the bottom he claim he was answering questions for sights and sounds and gameplay. If he seen or heard anything I don't know then I wanna pick his brain

Is English a secondary language for you?

If so, you're doing fairly well. If not, well....:fp:

Paakaa10
04-23-2012, 08:07 AM
First and foremost, great work to Tommy on this write-up!

I was also down at the event this past week and I'll probably put together some impressions of my own once I figure out if I have anything to say that Tommy hasn't already covered in detail haha. I did note a few questions here in the thread so far that weren't really things that he focused on this week so I'll chime in here.

Few questions, sights and sounds wise...how did the crowd sound and look? Or is that not finalized yet?

Everything at this stage remains a work in progress, and we actually played many different builds during the three-day event because the developers were "checking in" new things to the builds pretty much each day that we were there.

That being said, one of the first plays in the first game I played on Wednesday I found an open receiver in the middle of the field as Michigan at the Big House. As he got his hands on the ball, the crowd noise swelled in a way I've never heard before; it was very cool, and made me hopeful for how it'll sound when the game is released. I didn't have a headphone jack on the TV I was using, however, so I can't really address anything regarding the "depth" or "detail" of sounds; I didn't want to crank up the volume and disturb people (or go deaf).

As far as the look of the crowd, nothing really jumped out as different except that the new progressive lighting happening after every play makes it really cool to track the shadows across the crowd and across the field.

Also any new uniforms you see and how they looked?

I noted a bunch of new uniforms, but I'm checking in with the community manager first before I add a list here. Don't want to accidentally mention something in the game that won't be, or say that something isn't in when it will be. I hope to be able to comment more on uniforms tonight if I get word back.

oweb26
04-23-2012, 10:24 AM

:blush: :D

Damn that was mean but still quite funny!!!

psusnoop
04-23-2012, 11:26 AM
Hey CD guys (great work on the feedback and continued effort to share information with us!), based off the builds you were playing can you describe the initial impact of the passing game. I know G mentioned that some will really excel at this but what I'm looking for is a combined kind of thing. During the time you spent with it, and the new coverages/alignment, passing game, WR's/DB's and such how much different is it compared to 12 and will there be a steep learning curve for some in NCAA 13?

Also playing against the CPU did you find the CPU AI mixing things in well with coverages/packages? Did anyone play any user vs user games during your time down there and if so how did that feel compared to 12? And I'm not sure if the builds you guys were playing were capable of user vs user or even a game against the CPU but thought I'd ask.

ryby6969
04-23-2012, 11:30 AM
Question I have is can you tell a difference between star WR's and QB's with the enhancements? Also, what do you feel will be the most important ratings on defense now?(mainly the secondary) Do the coverage rating seem to matter or is it more about awareness and PRC?

psusnoop
04-23-2012, 11:44 AM
Question I have is can you tell a difference between star WR's and QB's with the enhancements? Also, what do you feel will be the most important ratings on defense now?(mainly the secondary) Do the coverage rating seem to matter or is it more about awareness and PRC?

Good questions, is there a difference between a 95 accuracy QB and an 80 accuracy QB.

ryby6969
04-23-2012, 11:54 AM
I really want to find out if a guy with 99 route running will be a stud even if he might only have mid 80's speed. Likewise, a CB with 99 man and zone coverage that might only be an 89 speed. Same thing with LB's and safeties. Also, what affects the ability for a QB to put different trajectories on the ball? I would think throwing power would have to have a major influence on this, especially on some of the long throws. If it is a 15 yard out and you are throwing from the opposite hash mark, that becomes a LONG throw and should be tough for a guy with average throwing power to throw it on a rope.

Tarhead10
04-23-2012, 12:02 PM
Great write up G, making it hard to wait til July...:(:)

Avross
04-23-2012, 01:25 PM

Yea I'll stay civil. Fake sim fans

mtoo22
04-23-2012, 02:01 PM
Sim is more than socks....there's a lot to be done to get this to where I want correct socks. I do want correct socks, just not over the gameplay.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II with Tapatalk 2

Kwizzy
04-23-2012, 02:41 PM
Sim is more than socks....there's a lot to be done to get this to where I want correct socks. I do want correct socks, just not over the gameplay.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II with Tapatalk 2
:up:

WipeOut464
04-23-2012, 03:38 PM
CD guys,
I know y'all said that the running game wasn't worked on all that much, but did you notice any improvements to FBs and pulling O-linemen? beartide06 touched on it a little bit in his question, but I haven't seen anybody address it directly yet.

As you guys probably know, running power/toss sweeps was frequently a lost cause because the pulling guard or lead FB would take 2 steps and then turn around or become lost. It seems like a little tuning to their logic could clean this up.

baseballplyrmvp
04-23-2012, 03:52 PM
CD guys,
I know y'all said that the running game wasn't worked on all that much, but did you notice any improvements to FBs and pulling O-linemen? beartide06 touched on it a little bit in his question, but I haven't seen anybody address it directly yet.

As you guys probably know, running power/toss sweeps was frequently a lost cause because the pulling guard or lead FB would take 2 steps and then turn around or become lost. It seems like a little tuning to their logic could clean this up.never had any problem with those plays out of any of the i formations (either normal or offset). high awareness blockers are key.

WipeOut464
04-23-2012, 04:04 PM
Any of the option guys notice if the Inverted Veer was added to the playbooks this year? (See: Shotgun Inverted Veer (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?3808-Shotgun-Inverted-Veer)

MC1
04-23-2012, 06:26 PM
Thanks 4 the write up, great work as usual. Only 1 question; run blocking, did they go back to the NCAA 11 engine? Because both NCAA & Madden 12 worked on ocasion, especially on counter plays. Looking 4ward to the 1st videos and the demo!

beartide06
04-23-2012, 07:40 PM
never had any problem with those plays out of any of the i formations (either normal or offset). high awareness blockers are key.

I surely had some problems. It did not happen a large amount of times, but enough for me to notice it, and question if it has been adjusted. Ok, if my lead blocker is running right at a LB, for instance, and the LB is the only guy that is not being blocked and then my lead blocker stops, turns directly around, then runs into me causing me to be tackled, I do not think awareness should be a factor. I do not recall seeing any player, ever in the history of college football, turn around and run into the runner in order to avoid a block. Now, I could understand if the lead blocker has a choice to block TWO different people, and he cannot decide on which is the more immediate threat, but when there is only one guy to block in front of him, and he is turning around to try and block a guy behind me, that seems a bit ridiculous.

Here is an example in this video link. At about the 12 second mark, the FB on this counter play should clearly go pick up the safety, but he stops and cuts right to pick up a guy who is virtually out of the play. http://youtu.be/BzSupkeQpmI

This type of thing happens a nice amount of times, and sometimes the lead blocker literally turns around and runs into his RB. I believe this type of thing also happened on NCAA football 11 quite a good bit, too. All that being said, I know blocking was not the main focus this year, I get that, but I am just curious if this has been tuned a little or tweaked some. Thanks in advance for any feedback. Again, Great write up, Tommy!

gschwendt
04-23-2012, 08:33 PM
Guys, just wanted to stop in and say that I'm not ignoring your questions or anything... it will probably tomorrow night or so before I can get to them though since I'm playing catch-up from being out last week. At any rate, I'll do my best to answer all of them.

JeffHCross
04-23-2012, 09:42 PM
Guys, I know we're all pretty strong in our opinions, but let's tone it down a little on calling people out over what they want to see in the game or have answered. Everyone is just as entitled to their own questions/wants/opinions as anyone else. There are more constructive ways to involve everyone in the conversation. We're not here to exclude people from the community.

Little Steve
04-23-2012, 10:34 PM
Is the new profile pic a hit or a miss?
Y wont it show?

I OU a Beatn
04-24-2012, 12:14 AM
Y wont it show?

Make sure you're uploading your picture under avatar and not profile picture.

Avross
04-24-2012, 02:12 AM
Guys, I know we're all pretty strong in our opinions, but let's tone it down a little on calling people out over what they want to see in the game or have answered. Everyone is just as entitled to their own questions/wants/opinions as anyone else. There are more constructive ways to involve everyone in the conversation. We're not here to exclude people from the community.

Nice to know someone civil and not making a big deal if we have questions about things other then game play. Thought this tread was meant to pick these guys brains of everything sights and gameplay? If its in the game then it's in the game.

Kwizzy
04-24-2012, 08:45 AM
Nice to know someone civil and not making a big deal if we have questions about things other then game play. Thought this tread was meant to pick these guys brains of everything sights and gameplay? If its in the game then it's in the game.

While I completely agree with Jeff, I would point out that this thread, in particular is specifically focused on gameplay only. The Q&A thread you're right about though. I would also recommend that you limit posting a question to one time in one thread. Everyone here can certainly appreciate the enthusiasm you have for the game man, but I think if you do those things you will find people to be a bit more receptive to your input. Welcome to the sight, btw.

JBHuskers
04-24-2012, 09:49 AM
Y wont it show?

Make sure you're uploading your picture under avatar and not profile picture.

I think you have to have a minimum of 25 posts too.

xMrHitStickx904
04-24-2012, 01:03 PM

This thread is meant for game play, and everything that entails game play. We aren't asking about socks, pylons, cannons because it isn't about the actual game play of the game. That's all i'm sayin'.

Cane305
04-24-2012, 01:26 PM
They do anything for the camera view during gameplay while playing at one of the so called " toughest stadiums to play"? Like in 2006 the camera would shake and give the "feel" of the crowd...anything like that happen for this year?

morsdraconis
04-24-2012, 03:24 PM
They do anything for the camera view during gameplay while playing at one of the so called " toughest stadiums to play"? Like in 2006 the camera would shake and give the "feel" of the crowd...anything like that happen for this year?

I highly doubt they'll ever bring that back and I hope they don't. I don't need a headache inducing shaky cam effect to simulate crowd noise. How about actually making the crowd noise deafening, like it should be?

Cane305
04-24-2012, 03:58 PM
I highly doubt they'll ever bring that back and I hope they don't. I don't need a headache inducing shaky cam effect to simulate crowd noise. How about actually making the crowd noise deafening, like it should be?

Not saying it needs to be over the top or nauseating but a little movement like you see on if game days or big plays along with the crowd actually being heard and implemented correctly would work well. Not saying to have it shake or move everyplay, just big down plays and games.

xMrHitStickx904
04-24-2012, 04:42 PM

much better suggestion. the camera shake is unrealistic unless it's a cut scene like in Madden 12.

Cane305
04-24-2012, 04:58 PM
Well as far as the crowd goes, as long as they change something for the better ill be happy....couldn't get much worse then it was in 12

JBHuskers
04-24-2012, 05:40 PM

No camera shake, but at Oregon the controller sure as hell vibrated like a muther.

JBHuskers
04-24-2012, 05:41 PM
Well as far as the crowd goes, as long as they change something for the better ill be happy....couldn't get much worse then it was in 12

Crowd is MUCH improved because it's not a canned and multiplied recording. It's REAL audio from REAL games. Before 13, it was recordings on the top of a parking garage :D

psusnoop
04-24-2012, 05:42 PM
For the crowd noise, I think I remember hearing from the CD guys that it was very good prior to release. I think something happened to this feature last year and I fully expect that issue to be resolved and hearing a game at Western Kentucky will sound a whole lot different then hearing one from Penn State but that's for another thread.

One thing we had in the demo was the great punting or attempts by the CPU and able to get a punt to stop even bouncing inside the 7yd line. However once the game dropped that seemed to disappear. So CD guys, is this feature back to what you saw last season or improved upon at all?

psusnoop
04-24-2012, 05:42 PM
Crowd is MUCH improved because it's not a canned and multiplied recording. It's REAL audio from REAL games. Before 13, it was recordings on the top of a parking garage :D

That too :D

Jayrah
04-24-2012, 05:54 PM
One thing we had in the demo was the great punting or attempts by the CPU and able to get a punt to stop even bouncing inside the 7yd line. However once the game dropped that seemed to disappear. So CD guys, is this feature back to what you saw last season or improved upon at all?Punts were good for me. I was able to do it a fair amount inside the 10. Most punts that drop inside the 10 do go through the endzone unless a guy stops it down there or it's coffin cornered.

Jayrah
04-24-2012, 05:54 PM
Crowd is MUCH improved because it's not a canned and multiplied recording. It's REAL audio from REAL games. Before 13, it was recordings on the top of a parking garage :DI cannot wait to hear the difference! Jacked Up!

steelerfan
04-24-2012, 06:02 PM
For the crowd noise, I think I remember hearing from the CD guys that it was very good prior to release. I think something happened to this feature last year and I fully expect that issue to be resolved and hearing a game at Western Kentucky will sound a whole lot different then hearing one from Penn State but that's for another thread.

One thing we had in the demo was the great punting or attempts by the CPU and able to get a punt to stop even bouncing inside the 7yd line. However once the game dropped that seemed to disappear. So CD guys, is this feature back to what you saw last season or improved upon at all?

Obviously, I was unable to make any trips this year, but Tommy mentioned somewhere that punts bounce differently this year - higher, instead of skidding straight to the end zone. I'm hopeful that this means good things for 13, but maybe the guys who have been there this year can elaborate.

I have mentioned, several times since January of last year, to the devs that having the CPU be just as good at pinning me deep as I am at pinning the CPU is vital for competitive balance. You're right too, it was very good last year, until release. Hopefully, this is fixed for 13.

baseballplyrmvp
04-24-2012, 06:12 PM
Obviously, I was unable to make any trips this year, but Tommy mentioned somewhere that punts bounce differently this year - higher, instead of skidding straight to the end zone. I'm hopeful that this means good things for 13, but maybe the guys who have been there this year can elaborate.

I have mentioned, several times since January of last year, to the devs that having the CPU be just as good at pinning me deep as I am at pinning the CPU is vital for competitive balance. You're right too, it was very good last year, until release. Hopefully, this is fixed for 13.thats something that i think the awareness rating should matter a lot for punters. the better punters should know exactly how much power to put behind their punt and would be able to pin teams back in the redzone with relative ease, whereas some freshman might not have a complete feel for it yet and be much more likely to put it out of bounds or into the endzone.

steelerfan
04-24-2012, 06:18 PM
thats something that i think the awareness rating should matter a lot for punters. the better punters should know exactly how much power to put behind their punt and would be able to pin teams back in the redzone with relative ease, whereas some freshman might not have a complete feel for it yet and be much more likely to put it out of bounds or into the endzone.

Whether it's Awareness or Accuracy, yes.

JeffHCross
04-24-2012, 07:24 PM
Whether it's Awareness or Accuracy, yes.If it mirrored real life, then it's Awareness to know where you can put the ball, and Accuracy to hit the spot you intend. I imagine that's largely what the game would be trying to replicate ... Awareness in making the correct decision, and other ratings (accuracy in this case) to follow through.

Whether or not that's code-able, or if that's how the ratings work within the code, is a different story.

OSUCowboyofMD
04-24-2012, 08:56 PM
http://theeastcarolinian.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/ECU2.png Sorry this is random and has nothing to do with the gameplay topic, but i found this!

baseballplyrmvp
04-24-2012, 09:05 PM
lol, you mean you found it from this thread? :D

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?4952-Boneyard-section-to-appear-in-NCAA-Football-13.

OSUCowboyofMD
04-24-2012, 09:10 PM
lol, you mean you found it from this thread? :D

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?4952-Boneyard-section-to-appear-in-NCAA-Football-13.

*le shame* :whistle: :dunno: :popcorn: ...what are you talking about?! :D hahahaha yeah

souljahbill
04-24-2012, 09:16 PM
:D

Deuce
04-24-2012, 09:19 PM
The best way is to donate. :D

Little Steve
04-24-2012, 09:29 PM
Look at his socks. there short. suck it ram

<----

baseballplyrmvp
04-24-2012, 09:33 PM
Look at his socks. there short. suck it ram

<----:fp::smh: how in the world did you pass 7th and 8th grade english?

JeffHCross
04-24-2012, 10:32 PM
:fp::smh: how in the world did you pass 7th and 8th grade english?Let's be honest, a lot of what is acceptable on the Internet wasn't acceptable in English class.

Koach Vonner
04-24-2012, 10:50 PM
Did you notice the "High Jumping" LB this year?
Does size matter? What I mean is, are the little RBs still running over the LBs and getting extra yards. Are the little DBs tackling 225 lbs RBs?

Rudy
04-25-2012, 02:09 AM
Does size matter? What I mean is, are the little RBs still running over the LBs and getting extra yards. Are the little DBs tackling 225 lbs RBs?

I'd like to know if the generated weights for recruits were tied to ratings at all this year or if they are still completely random and independent of the player. I still remember that 197 pound 4* run stuffing DE I saw last year. Same goes for RBs. If his ratings indicate he's a power back he should not weigh 180 pounds. Those types of things just stand out as very odd and wrong.

Avross
04-25-2012, 02:27 AM
I wonder if u can dive and knock the ball in the play on punts? Attempt to down it on the 1yrd line. Maybe go into an animation to save the punt. And also can DBs make sideline interceptions maybe dragging a toe in...,

psusnoop
04-25-2012, 06:39 AM
I'd like to know if the generated weights for recruits were tied to ratings at all this year or if they are still completely random and independent of the player. I still remember that 197 pound 4* run stuffing DE I saw last year. Same goes for RBs. If his ratings indicate he's a power back he should not weigh 180 pounds. Those types of things just stand out as very odd and wrong.

Rudy I'm completely with you on this one. Seeing those kind of things always bother me too.

psusnoop
04-25-2012, 06:44 AM
Punts were good for me. I was able to do it a fair amount inside the 10. Most punts that drop inside the 10 do go through the endzone unless a guy stops it down there or it's coffin cornered.

While true there are and should be many more chances for the punt team to down the ball and currently that ball like :sf: mentioned just skids right in quickly.

ram29jackson
04-25-2012, 09:05 AM
Something I didn't include in the impressions but I certainly want to touch on... movement inside the pocket is greatly improved. First of all, on 12, if you moved around manually, it increased the chance for the DT to break off his block and secondly, there was a slow start-up to shuffling around in the pocket. This year, I never saw the DT come through too easily. As well, you can manually move around the pocket very well. I was able to manipulate my blockers to allow me more time to setup the throws I wanted to make. Granted, I've started picking up how to do this in 12 as well, but in 13 it's greatly improved if for no other reason than that the QB moves around more nimbly.

how do you manipulate blockers in 12 and 13 ?

Jayrah
04-25-2012, 09:56 AM
I wonder if u can dive and knock the ball in the play on punts? Attempt to down it on the 1yrd line. Maybe go into an animation to save the punt. And also can DBs make sideline interceptions maybe dragging a toe in...,Now that is a great question with the punts.

I'd like to know if the generated weights for recruits were tied to ratings at all this year or if they are still completely random and independent of the player. I still remember that 197 pound 4* run stuffing DE I saw last year. Same goes for RBs. If his ratings indicate he's a power back he should not weigh 180 pounds. Those types of things just stand out as very odd and wrong.I'm thinking this is more of a dynasty question. Good one, but more related to may 7.

gschwendt
04-25-2012, 03:17 PM
I think I hit on everyone's questions but if I missed it, let me know.

How did the crowd sound and look?
I never really looked at the crowds so I can’t really comment on them. However they certainly sounded improved. I didn’t really notice it as much when playing with smaller schools (ala Arkansas State) but noticed it as a big difference when playing with larger schools, particularly one as Oklahoma and hearing the new Boomer Sooner chant in-game.

Also any new uniforms you see and how they looked?
Really not certain if we can comment on uniforms or not… since some of that stuff is under NDA to even the developers, I’d rather be safe than sorry.

Gameplay wiseDo you feel it'll play realistic and people won't be able to run four verts every play and find someone open?
I can’t say I really tested this. As I mentioned in the Q&A thread, I know there was a discussion on that but I was focused on other things so I never heard the end result of that conversation.

As far as jersey did they adjust the colors of jersy like Alabama?
I didn’t look.

And did they eliminate ankle socks across the board?
I don’t know if any changes were made to that or not… but I’d be willing to bet that there are likely no changes in that department.

Add Nike elite and team specific socks like Michigan "M" what's about new shoes and gloves? Under armor Nike adidias reebok
During the sights & sounds webcast, they mentioned no new equipment except some new facemasks. So I would say unlikely they made any changes in those areas.

I'll try to provide a screenshot, but I'm wondering if the defensive pre-play adjustment options are similar to those on NCAA Football 10 on PS2?
If you would, provide a screenshot so I can know exactly what you mean.

When you refer to the option pitches, do you mean clicking down on the left stick and clicking down on the right stick?
The option pitch itself is on the L1/LB buttons. The fake pitch is now on the right stick by pulling the stick towards you. It took some getting used to but not too bad.

Did you notice a difference in run blocking? For example, in 12 I noticed on occasions that blockers would run at defenders to block them, but then turn away from them or cut in another direction to avoid blocking, which led to my runner getting destroyed.
To be honest, this probably still needs some attention. I noticed one specific example running a toss where I had a lead FB and a pulling guard. The guard should have sealed off the blitzing OLB so that the FB could get to the safety over the top but the G didn’t get there in time. The FB could have hit the OLB but unfortunately the G was still making an attempt to try to pick him up so the FB didn't pay any attention to him. By the time the G gave up on the block (OLB was several steps past him), the FB was out of position to decide to try to pick up the OLB. I’ll say that it’s probably somewhat improved but certainly wouldn’t consider it fixed at this point. I’m thinking situations like this would probably have to be addressed whenever the OL/DL overhaul takes place down the line. That said, I made sure to note anytime I saw a similar situation in the bug reports but a case like that I believe would be harder to fix without doing some drastic changes.

How successful was the QB avoidance stick? Did you use it much? Did it cause more broken or dodged sacks?
I never used it. I had plenty of success moving around the pocket using the left stick.

How well did the punt and kickoff coverage work?
For kickoffs, with the new rules, 90% of kicks will at least go to the goalline while any strong legged kicker will be able to put it at the back of the endzone so you’ll certainly see most kicks unreturned. That said, there was at least one kickoff returned for touchdown against another user while we were down there… it became a big play in the annual tournament. For the punt, it felt similar to last year, just with blockers back there for you. I was already doing something like this myself with the 4-3 Safe Return and manually moving the MLB back as a blocker. It still could use some attention but I’d say it’s better than 12.

Does the db finally have the ability to catch any ball? Sideline picks maybe dragging their feet in? Back of the end zone. Last yr the db hands didn't work when it came to sideline picks. And do they make diving picks?
Yes… the DBs have the same 430 catch animations that the WRs have. You should see sideline picks, diving catches, etc.

So is it safe to say that after having the chance to play it a bit you're optimistic about the gameplay this year?
I would say overall I’m optimistic. I think the alignment changes help out quite a bit defensively and then the passing mechanic and Shotgun option add that fun factor. It will feel similar to 12 for the most part, but did correct a lot of the issues from 12.

I mentioned this somewhere else but will sprint outs and bootlegs be user controlled?
I got in the habit of letting the CPU control all of my dropbacks so I still had that habit while I was down there. The sprint outs and bootlegs will be CPU controlled but I’m fairly certain you can break out of them and take control. You'll have to ask me again when we get copies.

During the time you spent with it, and the new coverages/alignment, passing game, WR's/DB's and such how much different is it compared to 12 and will there be a steep learning curve for some in NCAA 13?
I wouldn’t say steep learning curve but certain there will be some. By the end of the week, I had a decent grasp on all of the passing and within a few weeks I would say I’d be able to master it.

Question I have is can you tell a difference between star WR's and QB's with the enhancements?
Yeah, you can definitely tell a difference with QBs. Using a star QB, you can pretty much place the ball all over the field at will whereas a lower-tier QB will struggle with putting it exactly where you want to everytime. For WRs, I think the animations will really help because WRs with good catching ratings (particularly SPC), agility, etc. should be able to do some special things.

Also, what do you feel will be the most important ratings on defense now?(mainly the secondary) Do the coverage rating seem to matter or is it more about awareness and PRC?
Really hard to say… for the user controlled players, it goes back to 11 where AGI was extremely important. For the CPU controlled players, I didn’t really test for ratings comparison (that would have taken a lot of time to get a definitive answer). All that said, my speculation is that MCV/ZCV are going to be more important than AWR & PRC in pass coverage but as well, Agility will likely play a fairly big part as well for whether or not DBs will be able to recover to the route in time.

Any of the option guys notice if the Inverted Veer was added to the playbooks this year?
I didn’t look for it but I don’t believe it’s in. I ran the Arkansas State (Malzahn) offense most of the week I was there and I never saw anything like that.

No change in that department I don’t believe.

I never saw them really. I was still in the habit of being conservative over the middle but the few times I did throw it there, I never saw the LBs being able to jump as high or always make a play on the pass.

I think it all comes down to ratings. I definitely noticed where Power HBs were getting those couple of extra yards while smaller backs seemed to go down faster. However, that again is all part of the ratings… I don’t think the actual size attributes play very much in that role. Theoretically, you could likely still create a 5’3 150lb with 99BTK/TRK and he’d still be able to run over bigger guys.

how do you manipulate blockers in 12 and 13 ?
It’s all a matter of when the pocket starts to enclose, you have to move around so that you keep the blocker between the QB and the DL. If you get in a position where the DL sees an opening that you’re leaning to one side of the OL, he’ll try to break to that side. It’s essentially pocket presence. If you go back and watch some of my most recent 12 videos (namely the past 2-3), you’ll see me moving around in the pocket after the play starts to break down.

Little Steve
04-25-2012, 03:28 PM
:fp::smh: how in the world did you pass 7th and 8th grade english?
I dated the english teacher's daughter i still am today...
i love having sex with her she does everything... everything.
The gameplay looks good so far though....

Cane305
04-25-2012, 03:40 PM
Thanks for answers G appreciate it!!

WolverineJay
04-25-2012, 03:46 PM
You mentioned the changes to the controller layout. I'm guessing that L2 is pump fake for the QB, L2 + Icon is pump fake to a specific receiver, L1 is lateral for all players, and R1 is throw ball away for the QB?

I wish auto hurdle made it back in and replace the triangle button with the cover up ball move, thereby replacing the R1 with last gen's quick juke(maybe with analog stick to determine which direction or just have the game automatically decide by choosing most likely direction, IDK just throwing it out there).

JeffHCross
04-25-2012, 08:51 PM
I wonder if u can dive and knock the ball in the play on punts?Diving has never worked as far as I know, simply because the chance of getting the animation and ball to intersect is really low. But I've had success using swat to knock the ball down on past NCAA titles.

I dated the english teacher's daughter i still am today...
(ahem)
The gameplay looks good so far though....Please allow me to continue your education then ... there are some things you shouldn't put in writing.

souljahbill
04-25-2012, 09:05 PM
Will the computer still constantly catch your D-Linemen offsides when they go into a hurry-up offense?

Little Steve
04-25-2012, 09:07 PM
Please allow me to continue your education then ... there are some things you shouldn't put in writing.:o <----- u

make it fun to post things like that, it encourages me to do more of it, by geting responces like that....:popcorn:

i feel like this games gonna be a bust because EA DROPED 14$ IN STOCK!:o

gschwendt
04-25-2012, 09:09 PM
Will the computer still constantly catch your D-Linemen offsides when they go into a hurry-up offense?

I never saw that with 12 but I didn't see it down there either.

Little Steve
04-25-2012, 09:14 PM
why did ea drop 14 dollars in stock?

JeffHCross
04-25-2012, 09:25 PM
it encourages me to do more of it, by geting responces like that....:popcorn:Hey, if you want to learn the hard way, be my guest.

EA DROPED 14$ IN STOCK!:oSince.... when? 2008?

Koach Vonner
04-25-2012, 09:44 PM
Geez!!! Thanks G for taking the time to answer all those questions.

Question: As a coach, I gotta say. That "Shuttle" pass looked like crap in the video. I don't want to be "that guy" and bash EA. But wow, that looked horrible. Did you try it?

gschwendt
04-25-2012, 10:09 PM
Geez!!! Thanks G for taking the time to answer all those questions.

Question: As a coach, I gotta say. That "Shuttle" pass looked like crap in the video. I don't want to be "that guy" and bash EA. But wow, that looked horrible. Did you try it?
I didn't set out to try it but yes, it was triggered a time or two. I don't think it's going to be a fan favorite but I think it does add a little something for those times when your receiver is feet away and you don't want to have to cock your arm back to deliver it.

beartide06
04-26-2012, 01:20 AM
I never saw that with 12 but I didn't see it down there either.

First off, thank you for answering my questions and the others here as well. I am sure we can all agree that we appreciate the time you have put in.

In reference to your reply above, I have also seen these same issues in the past. The CPU will no huddle, and occasionally you will have a straggler that fails to make it back onside before the CPU snaps the ball, resulting in an offside penalty. It is not something that happens that much, but I have seen it. Since it is not terribly common, that may be why you did not see it occur while you were at Tiburon testing 13.

psusnoop
04-26-2012, 06:58 AM
I've seen it atleast twice post patch as well beartide06. Doesn't happen all the time when the CPU is running hurry up and it seems way more likely while under 1:00 minute remaining in a game (which only makes sense).

psusnoop
04-26-2012, 06:59 AM
Hey G, thanks for taking the time here :up:

SCClassof93
04-26-2012, 03:53 PM
:o <----- u:smh:

make it fun to post things like that, it encourages me to do more of it, by geting responces:fp: like that....:popcorn:

i feel like this games:glare: gonna:bang: be a bust because EA DROPED:fdown: 14$ IN STOCK!:o

1. Oh to be a mod here

2. Thanks for the info Tommy :up:

Little Steve
04-26-2012, 04:46 PM
Since.... when? 2008?
a couple days or weeks ago. 2k14football here we go. Plus The NFL only singed a 1 year deal because sales are so low. so ea'S getting a kick in the butt, so its on if ea fails in madden 13, the nfl won't sign with them so they have to make a good game or their screwed.....

The reason, some type of reseach paper published found ea to be one of the worst companys..... so captialism gonna kick in real soon if they don't produce a decent product. if they fail, the company goes under possibly....

Kwizzy
04-26-2012, 04:54 PM
a couple days or weeks ago. 2k14football here we go. Plus The NFL only singed a 1 year deal because sales are so low. so ea'S getting a kick in the butt, so its on if ea fails in madden 13, the nfl won't sign with them so they have to make a good game or their screwed.....

The reason, some type of reseach paper published found ea to be one of the worst companys..... so captialism gonna kick in real soon if they don't produce a decent product. if they fail, the company goes under possibly....

Surely you have a link with data and facts to back up those statements right? Because the link below would tend to refute it...
http://investor.ea.com/stockquote.cfm

Little Steve
04-26-2012, 04:55 PM
1. Oh to be a mod here:
quit messing with my posts

Little Steve
04-26-2012, 04:56 PM
Surely you have a link with data and facts to back up those statements right? Because the link below would tend to refute it...
it went up:cool:

Little Steve
04-26-2012, 05:02 PM
type in ea drops 14 dollars in stock in youtube its like a 2 week old vedio. thats one of them

morsdraconis
04-26-2012, 05:07 PM
type in ea drops 14 dollars in stock in youtube its like a 2 week old vedio. thats one of them

Wait... Let me get this straight... You're using a youtube video to make an argument when Kwizzy showed you that, while, yes, the stock has dropped, it's also (and this is the most important part so I'm going to highlight it for you) WENT BACK UP. You know, like how the stock market works every day?

Oi. I fuckin' hate this time of the year SO much...

:smh:

Little Steve
04-26-2012, 05:12 PM
Wait... Let me get this straight... You're using a youtube video to make an argument when Kwizzy showed you that, while, yes, the stock has dropped, it's also (and this is the most important part so I'm going to highlight it for you) WENT BACK UP. You know, like how the stock market works every day?

Oi. I fuckin' hate this time of the year SO much...

:smh: it went up at a very low percent, the people lost A LOT OF MONEY A LOT THATS WHAT IM TRYING TO TELL YOU. NFL IS UNHAPPY AND MAY NOT SING WITH EA NEXT YEAR SO EA ITS UP THE CREEK. IT WENT FROM ABOUT 14 TO 10 ITS ALOT OF MONEY FOR A STOCK IM IN HIGHSCHOOL AND I KNOW THIS SAD.....

Deuce
04-26-2012, 06:02 PM
2K14 would be the worst football game since EA's first iteration on the 360.

Rudy
04-26-2012, 06:15 PM

EA is not losing the license. The EA deal was redone because of the lockout last year and the price. It's not a problem. Madden will still sell 5 million games and everyone will make a lot of money.

There was no research paper either. It was just a public survey. A lot of other top companies made that list as well. Just a natural backlash against people at the top.

SmoothPancakes
04-26-2012, 06:57 PM
it went up at a very low percent, the people lost A LOT OF MONEY A LOT THATS WHAT IM TRYING TO TELL YOU. NFL IS UNHAPPY AND MAY NOT SING WITH EA NEXT YEAR SO EA ITS UP THE CREEK. IT WENT FROM ABOUT 14 TO 10 ITS ALOT OF MONEY FOR A STOCK IM IN HIGHSCHOOL AND I KNOW THIS SAD.....

No, what's sad is if you're passing your English classes. :smh:

EerRaid12
04-26-2012, 07:45 PM
Is the field any different this year? last year I thought that during gameplay the field looked like garbage, the turf was unconvincing and many logos were pixilated. They looked great with the 3D grass, though.

gschwendt
04-26-2012, 07:48 PM
Is the field any different this year? last year I thought that during gameplay the field looked like garbage, the turf was unconvincing and many logos were pixilated. They looked great with the 3D grass, though.Really it was never enough of a distraction to me on 12 for me to pay attention to it on 13. I know what you're talking about because I saw what people were talking about after it was pointed out, but I didn't look at it for 13... honestly forgot it was even an issue until the Madden webcast jogged my memory on Monday.

Rudy
04-26-2012, 08:17 PM
Madden 12's grass looked a lot worse than NCAA 12's imo. While I preferred M12 over NCAA 12 the two things I didn't like in M12 were the grass and the camera angle.

I was watching the Trent Richardson highlight reel and it was cool seeing him juke defenders and make some good moves. I know some people don't like the return of the big juke in NCAA 13 but the toned down r-stick juke in NCAA 12 really killed the fun factor for me (in this case realism be damned and I know I'm contradicting myself in this area). Tommy - what was the consensus in the room about the r-stick juke in NCAA 13? Like, neutral or dislike?

gschwendt
04-26-2012, 08:26 PM
Tommy - what was the consensus in the room about the r-stick juke in NCAA 13? Like, neutral or dislike?Dislike... I'm honestly not sure anyone was vocal to say that they liked it. That said, the majority of the hate is that they took away the cut move that several of us used as a change of direction/hole-chooser when running up the middle.

Rudy
04-26-2012, 08:33 PM
Dislike... I'm honestly not sure anyone was vocal to say that they liked it. That said, the majority of the hate is that they took away the cut move that several of us used as a change of direction/hole-chooser when running up the middle.

Didn't we use to have a smaller juke mapped to the r-stick by pushing diagonally? Have they considered mapping two sets of jukes again?

gschwendt
04-26-2012, 08:35 PM
Didn't we use to have a smaller juke mapped to the r-stick by pushing diagonally? Have they considered mapping two sets of jukes again?I don't think they would want to map two sets of jukes, maybe have some kind of modifier (hold R2 for quick juke, release R2 for big jump) or something like that (that's 100% me speculating). I don't think we ever had a diagonal juke but we did used to have two different ones on last gen.

Cane305
04-26-2012, 09:28 PM
Hey G, with the changes to pass trajectory, did that translate to the cheap dump off passes to the RB and shallow crossing routes to the wr to work again?

gschwendt
04-26-2012, 10:28 PM
Hey G, with the changes to pass trajectory, did that translate to the cheap dump off passes to the RB and shallow crossing routes to the wr to work again?Yes... both the trajectory plus some nice new catch animations will allow you to deliver it better and also allow them to catch and run better.

Wolverines05
04-27-2012, 01:11 AM
was passing accuracy tuned at all? what were completion percentages like? were they higher or lower than previous years. i hope to offset the improvements made for passers this year, accuracy takes a hit. in general, was the game catering more to the offense or defense?

were interceptions more or less common this year? in past years, its felt like interception are by far the best way to stop the offense, as opposed to playing good defense.

also, any word on sliders actually working during gameplay, especially qb acc? last year, the accuracy slider only worked when in practice mode...

Jayrah
04-27-2012, 10:34 AM

I'm sorry Steve I just have to say it because it's taking too much effort to understand what your posts are supposed to mean... you aren't using periods, commas or quotation marks and for god sake GET A FLIPPING DICTIONARY! Also, just so you know, the computer actually has this really cool feature when you're typing and you don't know how to spell it. You see, this fun little red squiggly line pops up underneath that word and you know you have an improper word. The occasional miss is fine and dandy, but you're killing the language all together! I promise you if you can't spell you will fail in life :(.

Ok, now for your theory that EA even has a chance to be done and over after 13. Complete fabrication. First of all where do you see that 2k is even close to working on a football game? Nowhere? Yes that's correct. The amount of time and money it takes to put a best-selling game together would blow your mind and 2k would not spend the many resources it would take to make a game that they most likely wouldn't be able to sell on the market.

Second, Madden is still one of the top selling sports gaming franchises in America, even if they have lost a few sales because of the economy. Also the NFL is probably more popular than ever and only increasing in that mold, what with fantasy football and all of the super-fan packages on directv, cable, dish, etc What this means is that the NFL is going to continue contracting Madden because people (especially Americans) are drawn to buy things that emulate their sport (which only makes their sport more popular).

And finally, the product IS a decent product on the overall scale of a game. We are critical on our boards, but I promise you a large majority of buyers do not subscribe to or even remotely participate in the gaming blog world.

steelerfan
04-27-2012, 10:51 AM
No, what's sad is if you're passing your English classes. :smh:

You still think this guy has "potential", Smooth? :D :smh: :fp:

SmoothPancakes
04-27-2012, 11:09 AM
I'm sorry Steve I just have to say it because it's taking too much effort to understand what your posts are supposed to mean... you aren't using periods, commas or quotation marks and for god sake GET A FLIPPING DICTIONARY! Also, just so you know, the computer actually has this really cool feature when you're typing and you don't know how to spell it. You see, this fun little red squiggly line pops up underneath that word and you know you have an improper word. The occasional miss is fine and dandy, but you're killing the language all together! I promise you if you can't spell you will fail in life :(.

Ok, now for your theory that EA even has a chance to be done and over after 13. Complete fabrication. First of all where do you see that 2k is even close to working on a football game? Nowhere? Yes that's correct. The amount of time and money it takes to put a best-selling game together would blow your mind and 2k would not spend the many resources it would take to make a game that they most likely wouldn't be able to sell on the market.

Second, Madden is still one of the top selling sports gaming franchises in America, even if they have lost a few sales because of the economy. Also the NFL is probably more popular than ever and only increasing in that mold, what with fantasy football and all of the super-fan packages on directv, cable, dish, etc What this means is that the NFL is going to continue contracting Madden because people (especially Americans) are drawn to buy things that emulate their sport (which only makes their sport more popular).

And finally, the product IS a decent product on the overall scale of a game. We are critical on our boards, but I promise you a large majority of buyers do not subscribe to or even remotely participate in the gaming blog world.

Also, I love the thought that somehow 2K would be able to put out this incredible game that would blow EA away in just a single year's time. If 2K were to suddenly start trying to put together a football game for 2K14 (next summer release date), it would probably be even WORSE than NCAA Football was on it's first ever edition for PS3/360. It would take 2K probably 2-3 years minimum just to make a college football game on the level to even rival what EA currently has, much longer to actually surpass what EA has.

You still think this guy has "potential", Smooth? :D :smh: :fp:

I'm starting to consider differently. :D :smh:

ryby6969
04-27-2012, 12:51 PM
Not if they started off with All Pro's animation engine.

baseballplyrmvp
04-27-2012, 01:42 PM
Not if they started off with All Pro's animation engine.but then you're talking about 2k starting off with an engine thats already 5 years old, compared to ea's modern engine, which is being tweaked, refined, and updated probably daily. there would be a lot of catching up to do and as smooth said, it'd take a good couple of years for 2k to even get close enough to rival madden, let alone surpass them

ryby6969
04-27-2012, 05:21 PM
But not in animations, especially when you talk about players interacting together. I am not saying it is perfect, but player interaction is far superior compared to EA's games, even today. I just played AP2K8 a few days ago, and still wish we had that kind of player interaction in NCAA.

Rudy
04-27-2012, 05:28 PM
I still hope the game has more personality. I want to be able to easily tell the difference when playing against a LaMichael James type of runner vs a mediocre runner or a thumper.

jwallace0317
04-27-2012, 06:28 PM
Question, did any community guys raise the issue of the "mindless DB" aspect of option runs? For the easiest demonstration of this:

Go into practice mode in NCAA 12 with 2 controllers, and run something simple like speed option out of Ace Big against various basic defenses. Compare the reaction of the play side CB when:
1. he is assigned a flat zone;
2. he is in man coverage;
3. he is in a deep zone; and
4. he is in a blitz assignment.

If the play side CB is assigned a deep zone, he will drift far backward, as if being teleported magically, even when everyone and their deaf and blind grandmother can see that it's not a pass play and instead it's a run coming to that CB's side of the field. Then, if the QB or HB clears the edge and progresses up the field, that same CB will become frozen in place, literally frozen and staring in a trance, as the ballcarrier runs further up the field.

If the play side CB is in man, you will often see the WR and CB both teleported up the field together, as if they're locked in a romantic embrace, sliding up the field and oblivious to the run going to that side. If the play side CB is in a flat zone or blitz assignment, there is usually at least a reasonable WR/CB blocking interaction. Or, sometimes the CB will come in completely unimpeded, as if the WR secretly wants the QB or HB to get hurt on the play.

What is described above is the reason I've basically sworn off an option-based offense for NCAA 12, because when you do pick up yards you're often doing so because of the ridiculous playside DB interaction. I know this is a complete shot in the dark here, but any chance this (rather fundamental) issue for option runs has been addressed?

JeffHCross
04-27-2012, 07:33 PM
I know this is a complete shot in the dark here, but any chance this (rather fundamental) issue for option runs has been addressed?Obviously, the proof will be in the pudding, but I'd think this would be addressed by the "read and react" defensive changes that are coming this year.

type in ea drops 14 dollars in stock in youtube its like a 2 week old vedio. thats one of themYoutube, eh? Okkkkkaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy ... The only YouTube video about EA's stock dropping $14 is about All Pro Football 2k8, and has absolutely nothing to do with stocks or EA. And it's not 2 weeks old, it's 2 days old. You were just trying to get hits for that vid, I imagine. What I don't know is why.

No, what's sad is if you're passing your English classes. :smh:I'm more concerned about math. "Went from 14 to 10" (which it didn't do) is not "dropped $14".

JeffHCross
04-27-2012, 07:35 PM
but then you're talking about 2k starting off with an engine thats already 5 years old, compared to ea's modern engine, which is being tweaked, refined, and updated probably daily."Updated daily" is a stretch, not year-round at least. And is slightly misleading. If 2k was working on a new game today, chances are good that they could make more progress per day than EA could. Because 2k doesn't have impending deadlines, or a title that they have to put out this year. Progress can be made a lot faster that way. They still have to catch up, obviously, but I don't think they're 5 years behind the 8-ball, even if they started from the 2k8 engine today.

But not in animations, especially when you talk about players interacting together. I am not saying it is perfect, but player interaction is far superior compared to EA's games, even today.Yes and no, imo. 2k has a lot of nice things going on (especially in the offensive line), but they also have a lot of curious decisions / animations. It's a damn good engine, but it's got some holes too. I'd love to take their OL/DL interactions and their sideline stuff and put it in NCAA though.

Little Steve
04-27-2012, 11:03 PM

I'm more concerned about math. "Went from 14 to 10" (which it didn't do) is not "dropped $14".
just guess-en on the 10, didn't check. still down from what it once was at 14.....

ryby6969
04-28-2012, 01:38 AM
"Updated daily" is a stretch, not year-round at least. And is slightly misleading. If 2k was working on a new game today, chances are good that they could make more progress per day than EA could. Because 2k doesn't have impending deadlines, or a title that they have to put out this year. Progress can be made a lot faster that way. They still have to catch up, obviously, but I don't think they're 5 years behind the 8-ball, even if they started from the 2k8 engine today.

Yes and no, imo. 2k has a lot of nice things going on (especially in the offensive line), but they also have a lot of curious decisions / animations. It's a damn good engine, but it's got some holes too. I'd love to take their OL/DL interactions and their sideline stuff and put it in NCAA though.

That is why I said it is not perfect. ;)

xMrHitStickx904
04-28-2012, 02:41 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/524426_3870637327374_1321856532_3608635_1102072577 _n.jpg

G, this is in reference to this question that you needed a picture on :

I like the write up, great job G. I'll try to provide a screenshot, but I'm wondering if the defensive pre-play adjustment options are similar to those on NCAA Football 10 on PS2? Not sure if you remember, I'll fire up BC PS3 if that's necessary.

oweb26
04-28-2012, 07:18 AM
I have no clue what he said but this deserves a :popcorn:

I don't care what anyone says Ram's post have never been that bad!!

Man you guys confused me with the post deletions!!!

SmoothPancakes
04-28-2012, 07:35 AM
just guess-en on the 10, didn't check. still down from what it once was at 14.....

Well, then they need to make math class a little longer. A stock dropping from $14 to $10 does not equal "ea drops 14 dollars in stock", it equals a $4 drop, which as Jeff already pointed out, isn't even what it did. Stocks go up and down all the time. It's what happens in the world market and the stock exchange. Stocks go up, they come back down, they shift over weeks, over months, over years. EA's stock going up or going down has nothing to do with how great or how bad NCAA Football or Madden is, and nothing to do with NCAA or Madden compared to some minority-wished for 2K football game.

SmoothPancakes
04-28-2012, 07:37 AM
I have no clue what he said but this deserves a :popcorn:

I don't care what anyone says Ram's post have never been that bad!!

Man you guys confused me with the post deletions!!!

I was wondering why I remember typing a post in here during the overnight hours but couldn't find it anymore. :D Yeah, some of that absolutely deserved to be deleted. And I agree, even Ram has never been that bad. Ram, we just like to have fun with and he seems to play to that sometimes. But this recent stuff, I have no clue about.

jaymo76
04-28-2012, 03:49 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/524426_3870637327374_1321856532_3608635_1102072577 _n.jpg

G, this is in reference to this question that you needed a picture on :

Seeing that picture makes me so sad. I miss the MATCH-UP STICK so much. From a strategy standpoint, I think it may be the biggest feature missing from PS2 days.

xMrHitStickx904
04-28-2012, 05:16 PM
Seeing that picture makes me so sad. I miss the MATCH-UP STICK so much. From a strategy standpoint, I think it may be the biggest feature missing from PS2 days.

It's funny you say that, when I was playing NCAA 10 last night ( great game BTW ), I hadn't seen the match-up stick in years. But, as the game went on I using it immensely. There was a sequence where I saw a safety whose composure changed based on the match-up on his side of the field, and definitely attacked that safety in the 4th quarter when he was in the red.

xMrHitStickx904
04-28-2012, 05:17 PM
Another thing that I really miss besides the coverage audibles in that picture is the right stick audibles. You could do all of your individual zone & man alignments with just the right stick.

Also, are we allowed to ask about some of the plays in NCAA 13? There's over 10 plays in UF's PS2 playbook that I want to see on NCAA 13.

Rudy
04-28-2012, 05:42 PM
I felt on the PS2 the playbooks were incredibly different when you went from Madden to NCAA. As soon as I migrated to the PS3 I felt like the playbooks were all geared to Madden and very similar. They have done a better job the last couple years with the option but the cpu has to execute those plays better too.

Do you still play the PS2 versions hitstick? I traded in my 60GB backwards compatible machine almost two years ago since I was worried it was going to go yellow light on me. Got a great deal to trade it in for a Slim (gen 2) which is a lot quieter and it gives me peace of mind. But I wish I had the option of playing the old PS2 games, even if to convince me I can't go back. Not sure how outdated it would feel.

xMrHitStickx904
04-28-2012, 06:00 PM
I felt on the PS2 the playbooks were incredibly different when you went from Madden to NCAA. As soon as I migrated to the PS3 I felt like the playbooks were all geared to Madden and very similar. They have done a better job the last couple years with the option but the cpu has to execute those plays better too.

Do you still play the PS2 versions hitstick? I traded in my 60GB backwards compatible machine almost two years ago since I was worried it was going to go yellow light on me. Got a great deal to trade it in for a Slim (gen 2) which is a lot quieter and it gives me peace of mind. But I wish I had the option of playing the old PS2 games, even if to convince me I can't go back. Not sure how outdated it would feel.

I agree, the PS2 playbooks felt like they were geared towards the teams & systems that they ran. Honestly, all that was missing was the no huddle system that we have now. Everything on NCAA 10 is perfect. Formation subs, lots of unique plays etc. For example, the Gator Heavy we have now is Big Tight on PS2. We have 8-12 plays now, PS2 version has like 16 plays. It's incredible how deep the spread playbooks are on NCAA 12.

Yes, I do play the PS2 versions. I have NCAA 10 for my 60 GB PS3, and it is worth it. I still have my 360 also, & since my 60 GB is well ventilated & super quiet, I'm not worried about the YLOD. I got lucky. I have a PS3 slim also, but I didn't like the non BC for it, so I gave it up. I would put it to you like this : the PS2 games give me a lot of perspective on what we had, & frankly what I took for granted. There's no doubt that the NCAA series as of late has gotten better in major leaps, but just look at my pic & notice all of the small, yet big things that are missing right now. Big difference once you add it all up.

NCAA 10 with updated graphics, rosters, the new online features, Online Dynasty & all of the throwback unis would be perfect.

Rudy
04-28-2012, 06:19 PM
Am I crazy or was the player movement very different on the PS2? It was smoother with more weight. The next gen movement is too herky-jerky and I feel I actually have less control because of it. I remember enjoying defense a lot more on the PS2 because I felt I could make more plays with the player weight/momentum system. I miss it.

Little Steve
04-29-2012, 12:51 PM
what's the difference between Madden & ncaa gameplay?

xMrHitStickx904
04-29-2012, 01:00 PM
Madden 12 vs NCAA 12 you ask? Well, Madden still makes you feel like you're on roller skates at times, but the user responsiveness is way better. That, and I think the cuts you can make is better. I still think it's the worst Madden & NCAA because I can throw streaks all game and defeat anyone. But it is what it is.

jaymo76
04-29-2012, 06:25 PM
what's the difference between Madden & ncaa gameplay?

I much prefer the NCAA series but I found the gameplay of Madden to be far superior. The passing game felt more natural and there were far less leaping LB's. Also DPP provided a lot of variety in how well/poorly your playes would play.

Little Steve
04-30-2012, 06:42 AM
God im afraid the runner game gonna suck this year..... and UC doesn't have a qb instead we have wr playing qb. went from 10-3 to 3-10 way to go coach jones most people like u, i hate u because u cant evaluate talent.....

Jayrah
04-30-2012, 12:48 PM
God im afraid the runner game gonna suck this year..... and UC doesn't have a qb instead we have wr playing qb. went from 10-3 to 3-10 way to go coach jones most people like u, i hate u because u cant evaluate talent.....I'm taking a wait and see approach on the run game buddy. I'm interested to see how the community days affect this area of the game. I think without the community days it certainly may have sucked, but hopefully they make enough tweaks to make it work. I know one thing for sure, with the option pitch improved and the qb taking off earlier from the animation it's going to finally give the qb a chance to run with the ball with any success!

Tarhead10
04-30-2012, 08:13 PM
Judging by the pic on the NCAA central page they have updated the espn presentation and scoreboard at bottom of gameplay screen... I was wondering after seeing the gameplay video with Florida and FSU.... Looks like it is Oregon vs TCU...

EerRaid12
04-30-2012, 08:26 PM
Judging by the pic on the NCAA central page they have updated the espn presentation and scoreboard at bottom of gameplay screen... I was wondering after seeing the gameplay video with Florida and FSU.... Looks like it is Oregon vs TCU...

Where do you see that?

Tarhead10
04-30-2012, 08:32 PM
Where do you see that?

Its at the bottom of the thumbnails....second from last left to right...

ram29jackson
05-01-2012, 04:34 PM
I was wondering why I remember typing a post in here during the overnight hours but couldn't find it anymore. :D Yeah, some of that absolutely deserved to be deleted. And I agree, even Ram has never been that bad. Ram, we just like to have fun with and he seems to play to that sometimes. But this recent stuff, I have no clue about.

why/who/what happened ? :D
did I type something ugly or are you comparing my stuff to someone elses post/s?

Rudy
05-01-2012, 05:55 PM
why/who/what happened ? :D
did I type something ugly or are you comparing my stuff to someone elses post/s?

It had nothing to do with you Ram. It was someone else and it's better left deleted.

steelerfan
05-01-2012, 06:04 PM
It had nothing to do with you Ram. It was someone else and it's better left deleted.

:+1:

ram29jackson
05-01-2012, 06:40 PM
darn,missed it

Little Steve
05-01-2012, 09:24 PM
nothing good just a kid making a point that i agree with " the written word is more powerful than the spoken word" k people?

CcAaRrSsOoNn3
05-03-2012, 05:46 PM
Getting pretty excited :). Game is just around the corner!

ram29jackson
05-03-2012, 07:55 PM
8 weeks better be a long time for me..I need it

mh2365
05-05-2012, 04:40 PM
Passing was already incredibly easy in the game ... all this just sounds like they made it even more difficult to defend against

Rudy
05-05-2012, 05:51 PM
Passing was already incredibly easy in the game ... all this just sounds like they made it even more difficult to defend against

As a lousy passer I'm not worried about this lol.

Little Steve
05-05-2012, 11:30 PM
This game needs to hurry up! i sick of call of duty! and nba 2k12 just doesn't cut it, if i had a dime for every missed layup in that game, i'd match tiger woods 2009 income. Im mean come freaking on! make you damn layups! and why the hell does evey 10 year old in the country spam the Heat! pisses me off. well anyway whens the dynasty release thing? may 7 or 10? i forget? and anyone eles Guessing they did next to nothing on the dyasty mode? because all their attion is on gameplay?

JeffHCross
05-06-2012, 02:01 AM
May 7.

And if they did "next to nothing" they wouldn't be having a featured webcast/blog about it.

steelerfan
05-06-2012, 04:26 AM
What is "dyasty mode"? And wtf is "attion"?

Rudy
05-06-2012, 06:22 AM

LOL. I guess we're back to illiteracy.

As for dynasty mode I thought one article said there were as many changes to dynasty as their were to gameplay. Just have to wait two more days to find out.

Little Steve
05-06-2012, 09:01 AM
May 7.

And if they did "next to nothing" they wouldn't be having a featured webcast/blog about it.

no need to be a smart ass:P

Little Steve
05-06-2012, 09:03 AM

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2:P:P

JeffHCross
05-06-2012, 12:19 PM
no need to be a smart ass:PFirst of all, I am nothing if not a smart ass. So there's always a need for it.

Second, I wasn't being one. You asked the question, I gave an answer. You're not the first person to pose the question, and my answer has been the same. There wouldn't be an event if they had changed nothing. That's Marketing 101.

baseballplyrmvp
05-06-2012, 01:55 PM
First of all, I am nothing if not a smart ass. So there's always a need for it.

Second, I wasn't being one. You asked the question, I gave an answer. You're not the first person to pose the question, and my answer has been the same. There wouldn't be an event if they had changed nothing. That's Marketing 101.also common sense if you ask me. lol

gigemaggs99
05-06-2012, 03:15 PM
Ok,

First of all thank you sir for taking the time to post the information and giving us a heads up on what hopes to be another great game of NCAA football.

Forgive me if these questions have been asked and answered already but I find it hard to read through 9 pages of mostly good information and then having to sift through English/grammar discussions and EA stock market posts....what that has to do w/ this year's game is beyond me.

When you talk about option running and or spread attack do you feel it's more to what we see in real life? I.E. Oregon? Seems like last year it was a lot of short to no gains then all of a sudden 1 big play. In real life it seems to be more explosive, and hopefully it will be more explosive on NCAA 13.

Any thoughts or ideas on the RUN N Shoot? Have they added more routes or included anything extra?

Thanks again for your insight and information.

gschwendt
05-06-2012, 03:30 PM
When you talk about option running and or spread attack do you feel it's more to what we see in real life? I.E. Oregon? Seems like last year it was a lot of short to no gains then all of a sudden 1 big play. In real life it seems to be more explosive, and hopefully it will be more explosive on NCAA 13.
Definitely more explosive. When running a steady diet of Shotgun Option, I was breaking probably at least one QB option keeper run of 30-40 yards a game. You should be able to have a solid gameplan built around nothing but option.

Any thoughts or ideas on the RUN N Shoot? Have they added more routes or included anything extra.No idea... I didn't spend anytime with it.

gigemaggs99
05-06-2012, 08:36 PM
Definitely more explosive. When running a steady diet of Shotgun Option, I was breaking probably at least one QB option keeper run of 30-40 yards a game. You should be able to have a solid gameplan built around nothing but option.
No idea... I didn't spend anytime with it.

Thank you sir.

Escobar
05-06-2012, 10:58 PM

:up::up:

Original1990
05-08-2012, 09:45 PM
Thank you for all the infomation. What I would like to ask is with all of these changes to the controller, are we going to have the ability to change controls again like 12,11 etc ? Like if I want to change the the sprint button( which I thought it does not mean anything) from RT or R2 to A or X. Because I buy NCAA just for the fact that I have the ability to change the controls. I have the ability to turn on and off Auto-Strafe. This also goes into the step backs. Are they automatic? and if so the are do we have an option to turn automatic step backs off?

JeffHCross
05-08-2012, 09:51 PM
This also goes into the step backs. Are they automatic?I was under the impression they were auto and required when originally announced, but I was corrected by several of the guys here. They are automatic, but you can break out of them at anytime, just like NCAA 12. This year they're just emphasizing them ... wanting gamers to give them a try.

That's my understanding at least.

gschwendt
05-08-2012, 10:45 PM
Thank you for all the infomation. What I would like to ask is with all of these changes to the controller, are we going to have the ability to change controls again like 12,11 etc ? Like if I want to change the the sprint button( which I thought it does not mean anything) from RT or R2 to A or X. Because I buy NCAA just for the fact that I have the ability to change the controls. I have the ability to turn on and off Auto-Strafe. This also goes into the step backs. Are they automatic? and if so the are do we have an option to turn automatic step backs off?I didn't attempt to change the controls but my assumption is that you would still be able to. I personally always play with the stock controls. That said, remind me when/if we get early copies and I'll test it out for you.

I was under the impression they were auto and required when originally announced, but I was corrected by several of the guys here. They are automatic, but you can break out of them at anytime, just like NCAA 12. This year they're just emphasizing them ... wanting gamers to give them a try.

That's my understanding at least.Yes, Jeff is correct. They are new drop-backs but just like before, you can break out of them yourself.

JBHuskers
05-08-2012, 10:55 PM
Yes, Jeff is correct. They are new drop-backs but just like before, you can break out of them yourself.

Thank god. You'd never want to use a 7-step dropback otherwise :D

Original1990
05-08-2012, 11:57 PM
I was under the impression they were auto and required when originally announced, but I was corrected by several of the guys here. They are automatic, but you can break out of them at anytime, just like NCAA 12. This year they're just emphasizing them ... wanting gamers to give them a try.

That's my understanding at least.

Ok Thank you. I would atleast try it before breaking out of drop back. I just don't get the idea of letting the cpu taking control of the QB. Well unless if you to drop back 40 yards before throwing lol. I know that is what EA doesnt want that but I understand from that point of view.

Original1990
05-09-2012, 12:02 AM
I didn't attempt to change the controls but my assumption is that you would still be able to. I personally always play with the stock controls. That said, remind me when/if we get early copies and I'll test it out for you.

Yes, Jeff is correct. They are new drop-backs but just like before, you can break out of them yourself.

Thank you so much. Because for me that is a HUGE factor into considering if I should buy it or not. Well that and the audible system lol. Is it the same from 12?

Rudy
05-09-2012, 04:09 AM
I just don't get the idea of letting the cpu taking control of the QB. Well unless if you to drop back 40 yards before throwing lol. I know that is what EA doesnt want that but I understand from that point of view.

Dropbacks are a very important part of the timing of a passing game. Generally speaking a receiver takes twice as many steps before breaking into his cut as the QB drops. Pass protection is also geared to how deep the QB drops as well. When a QB takes a 5 step drop it's like breathing. He doesn't need to think about where he is as he just does it and keeps his eyes downfield. That's what the user should be doing. Let the cpu drop your QB the appropriate steps and distance while you read the defense and make the throw.

I honestly can't imagine someone not using the auto dropback. It's more realistic to let the cpu do it and makes it easier on you. EA wants to encourage players to do this rather than always rolling out or dropping back too deep.

Escobar
05-09-2012, 09:22 AM
I do my own sort of dropback based on where I want to go with the ball. But on bubble screens I let the CPU do the dropback, because the timing is the only way to get that play to work consistently.

Jayrah
05-09-2012, 09:41 AM
Speaking of dropbacks is there a cue to let us know how many the qb is supposed to take in the play screen? Or do we just have to figure it out based on the primary designed route? Also, if I change the primary route, will the qb still take his original step drop or will it change accordingly based on the new route of the wr?

JeffHCross
05-09-2012, 09:39 PM
Thank god. You'd never want to use a 7-step dropback otherwise :DUnless you have a sieve for an offensive line, there are certainly times that a 7-step dropback would be fine. Obviously you wouldn't want that when you need to throw a hot read, but I've manually done 7-step dropbacks plenty of times over the last few years. This year I'll be fine letting the CPU do it for me.

Rudy
05-10-2012, 04:08 AM
Mike Martz loved the 7-step dropback. His OTs didn't and eventually his beaten up QBs didn't like it either.

xMrHitStickx904
05-10-2012, 09:18 AM
< ---- will not let the CPU dropback for me. That just spells bad news for me undercenter.

Marlowe
05-10-2012, 10:05 AM
< ---- will not let the CPU dropback for me. That just spells bad news for me undercenter.

Especially if there were no improvements to the line interactions. That's just asking to get sacked. I agree.

psusnoop
05-10-2012, 10:32 AM
Especially if there were no improvements to the line interactions. That's just asking to get sacked. I agree.

Gschwendt has been allowing his QB to drop back automatically for a while now and it certainly doesn't effect his passing game. I have as well been trying to get more comfortable with the idea, but I gotta admit it isn't easy. It does allow you to focus down the field more which is an area I really needed help in.

souljahbill
05-10-2012, 12:56 PM
I guess this is why I'm a bad passer as I've ALWAYS let the QB drop back automatically.

morsdraconis
05-10-2012, 02:48 PM
I guess this is why I'm a bad passer as I've ALWAYS let the QB drop back automatically.

It's been proven, by Tommy, if I'm not mistaken, that the offensive line blocks better if you don't touch the controls until after the QB finishes his drop back.

psusnoop
05-10-2012, 02:53 PM
It's been proven, by Tommy, if I'm not mistaken, that the offensive line blocks better if you don't touch the controls until after the QB finishes his drop back.

I've felt that way since trying it out as well.

JBHuskers
05-10-2012, 02:53 PM

You're more accurate too I think.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

psusnoop
05-10-2012, 02:59 PM
I hate searching on my phone, maybe tommy or someone can link that thread to shed some light on the subject of the automatic drop back and ease a little concern and maybe help some that haven't tried it before.

psusnoop
05-10-2012, 03:00 PM
You're more accurate too I think.

Well some are my qb still throws the ball like he is a crack head at times :fp:

xMrHitStickx904
05-10-2012, 03:10 PM
I don't let my QB do the auto drop back for a reason. If you control your QB right after the snap, I'm way more accurate. For those that allow their QB's to auto dropback, I always send heat at them. Those players typically by & large don't watch the rush as often. I usually already know my primary targets before the snap, so it's easy for me to take control of the dropback right after the snap, scan the field, throw it, click on & user catch fluidly. Madden 10 & 11 autodrops killed those games. But that's just my opinion.

Jayrah
05-10-2012, 07:37 PM
It's been clarified by the team that the line play is geared toward auto-drop. If you play on Heisman and don't auto drop it is instant pressure every other play. If you play AA it's not as big a deal though. I think sending the pressure on auto drop may backfire more this year if you play against a user that knows how to move in the pocket with the new controls. In the past there was no stepping away from pressure without sprinting out and there was no good outlet pass to the rb on the swing, but now it can be done. I expect this year the rb and te will be used a lot in the pass game because people are used to bringing pressure 3/4 of the time.

Avross
05-11-2012, 12:16 AM
Don't really think gamers will be impressed. just think what we seeing is pretty much final. of course they are tweaking a couple bugs but the gameplay is just not enough for me to be stoked about. I mean at the beginning of the features being revealed its exciting but once they stop and u realize it's just not enough u kinda get disappointed the progression is just too slow. I mean pass trajectories is pretty much the only thing we got for game play. Alignment Is just not a feature to me. I'm not a 2k fan in my opinion nba 2k12 suck. The player specific playing styles and shots types the only cool thing other than that it don't represent basketball in a good way. The show the only game that representS its sport good and I actually hate baseball which sucks for me. I'll wait on madden cause NCAA is a let down. For NCAA 13 they just didn't look at every pixel like madden. I guess the EA team wanted this year to be about madden. Little to no time went into NCAA 13. Gamers will be very unhappy release date

beartide06
05-11-2012, 12:30 AM
Don't really think gamers will be impressed. just think what we seeing is pretty much final. of course they are tweaking a couple bugs but the gameplay is just not enough for me to be stoked about. I mean at the beginning of the features being revealed its exciting but once they stop and u realize it's just not enough u kinda get disappointed the progression is just too slow. I mean pass trajectories is pretty much the only thing we got for game play. Alignment Is just not a feature to me. I'm not a 2k fan in my opinion nba 2k12 suck. The player specific playing styles and shots types the only cool thing other than that it don't represent basketball in a good way. The show the only game that representS its sport good and I actually hate baseball which sucks for me. I'll wait on madden cause NCAA is a let down. For NCAA 13 they just didn't look at every pixel like madden. I guess the EA team wanted this year to be about madden. Little to no time went into NCAA 13. Gamers will be very unhappy release date

Well, my good man, considering Madden and NCAA have basically the EXACT same game play this year, I'm afraid you may be thoroughly disappointed with both titles this year. Their game play staff was doubled this year in order to work on both games with virtually the same game play, if I'm not mistaken.

I understand your concern, but what specifically are you looking for in game play that you were not happy about this year? Also, maybe some of your "wants" will be in the wishlist tournament for next year.

The staff had other focuses this year, and they simply had other focuses this dev cycle, sir. Just give it a chance, and at least wait until the demo before judging how the game will play too early in advance. :)

Jayrah
05-11-2012, 12:59 AM
Don't really think gamers will be impressed. just think what we seeing is pretty much final. of course they are tweaking a couple bugs but the gameplay is just not enough for me to be stoked about. I mean at the beginning of the features being revealed its exciting but once they stop and u realize it's just not enough u kinda get disappointed the progression is just too slow. I mean pass trajectories is pretty much the only thing we got for game play. Alignment Is just not a feature to me. I'm not a 2k fan in my opinion nba 2k12 suck. The player specific playing styles and shots types the only cool thing other than that it don't represent basketball in a good way. The show the only game that representS its sport good and I actually hate baseball which sucks for me. I'll wait on madden cause NCAA is a let down. For NCAA 13 they just didn't look at every pixel like madden. I guess the EA team wanted this year to be about madden. Little to no time went into NCAA 13. Gamers will be very unhappy release dateI agree with Beartide. Not really sure what you are looking at when you look at gameplay improvements:

All-new Pump Fake
All-new Shovel Pass
New Dropbacks (20+ new animations)
New Play-Action Abort Fake
New Play-Action Pick Up Blitz
Throw on the Run Animations: QBs can throw on run without setting up, but throws are more difficult across their body
Total Control Passing Mechanic: Multiple Pass Trajectories (20+ new; new zones/ball speeds); Added control with left stick
Receiver Route Awareness: Icons dim at snap, lit up when receivers looking/able to make the catch
430+ New Catch Animations
Enhanced Option Pitch
Improved Punt Coverage
Read & React Defenders: Both offensive and defensive players "have to see [the ball] before they can make a play on the ball." (No more 'Psychic DBs')

It's your opinion and it's cool that you have it, but I really think you're wrong that the general gamer will be disappointed. If you were paying attention you realize that trajectories are far from the only addition to gameplay. Also if you were paying attention Madden is not going to be as different as you need it to be to hold out for.

beartide06
05-11-2012, 02:29 AM
Bingo, Jayrah. Also, not sure if it's been mentioned here, but at tradition sports, one of the CD guys mentioned that the illegal touching penalty was added this year. Can any CD guys confirm that here?I don't know about others, but that is something very small and very much needed. I don't know how many times a CPU WR scored a TD after stepping out of bounds and coming back in for a score. It's a small addition, but I think it will have an impact.

Avross
05-11-2012, 04:23 AM
I know many people has said this a thousand times. it's cool EA adressed things like pump fake tuning/shovel pass/blitz pick up/drop back animations/better punt coverage. I mean I understand I'm new to these forums and things and I see u guys really stick together but I just don't see these things as being "features" yeah maybe EA shoulda mention they touched on these things but spending a development cycle tuning things like that speak a lot of this HUGE team that's been added. Honestly Read and React is the only "feature". Basically telling the computer to turn his head around 1 second after the ball is thrown on offensive and defensive and trigger a animation I guess. I'm confused on what to expect from a game I guess. And I do believe Madden added something extra this year. It's clear just after a few reveals that EA invested more time in madden. Madden have a gameplay part 2 that's yet to be released and I feel it's something that's obviously not in NCAA 13. Its sad every year we play the game 3 months and come away disappointed and waiting until next time. It's been this same cycle for this whole gen that's sad. Next yr they will call defenders actually saving balls from going into the end-zone a "feature" or O-linemans being more aware of block pick ups. Just sad that we get stoked on basic things that are "honorable mentions" but definitely not A golden game changer feature

Avross
05-11-2012, 04:39 AM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pK1urrJZh-E

It's hard to be excited after u see this video. Just really sucks for FOOTBALL FANS

Avross
05-11-2012, 05:29 AM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rovVScp0QgY

Rudy
05-11-2012, 05:53 AM
I don't think NCAA and Madden will have the same gameplay. Last year things were different. A lot of the changes to the game may be similar but I'm not sure the gameplay will be that similar depending on how you define that.

Like I said in the other thread, I like the Rece Davis and studio stuff. I would love to have fake highlights ala 2K5 but this is a good start. The pre-game ritual stuff is old and stale for me. That needs to be in the background while Brad and Herbie talk about impact players and show stats imo.

Avross
05-11-2012, 06:31 AM
I don't think NCAA and Madden will have the same gameplay. Last year things were different. A lot of the changes to the game may be similar but I'm not sure the gameplay will be that similar depending on how you define that.

Like I said in the other thread, I like the Rece Davis and studio stuff. I would love to have fake highlights ala 2K5 but this is a good start. The pre-game ritual stuff is old and stale for me. That needs to be in the background while Brad and Herbie talk about impact players and show stats imo.

EA is great marketing and selling old features after we spend our 130 every year we get aggrevated after a couple months of watching real football. EA presentation is good but we have to admit watching teams run out just not enough to deliver that same excitement each time

xMrHitStickx904
05-11-2012, 09:25 AM
I know many people has said this a thousand times. it's cool EA adressed things like pump fake tuning/shovel pass/blitz pick up/drop back animations/better punt coverage. I mean I understand I'm new to these forums and things and I see u guys really stick together but I just don't see these things as being "features" yeah maybe EA shoulda mention they touched on these things but spending a development cycle tuning things like that speak a lot of this HUGE team that's been added. Honestly Read and React is the only "feature". Basically telling the computer to turn his head around 1 second after the ball is thrown on offensive and defensive and trigger a animation I guess. I'm confused on what to expect from a game I guess. And I do believe Madden added something extra this year. It's clear just after a few reveals that EA invested more time in madden. Madden have a gameplay part 2 that's yet to be released and I feel it's something that's obviously not in NCAA 13. Its sad every year we play the game 3 months and come away disappointed and waiting until next time. It's been this same cycle for this whole gen that's sad. Next yr they will call defenders actually saving balls from going into the end-zone a "feature" or O-linemans being more aware of block pick ups. Just sad that we get stoked on basic things that are "honorable mentions" but definitely not A golden game changer feature

Were you alive when NCAA 03-06 was better than Madden & everybody knew it?

Jayrah
05-11-2012, 11:26 AM
Isn't this the same guy who was complaining because EA wasn't focusing all their time on socks? :confused:THIS!

Avross you're completely missing my point and everyone else too. The question remains: What in the world would you have them spend their time on? What on earth would count as a feature to you? Socks? Give a doggone solution instead of reiterating your issues without a point.

Football is football and no matter what they do at this point it's going to be TUNING and UPDATING of something that's already there. So no matter what "feature" set they come up with in Madden you WILL be disappointed because, by your logic, it would not be a true "feature". Dude, the game of football isn't being reinvented. Just because it's not the features YOU want does not make them unimportant, and they ARE features. Look deeper than the surface at what these updates bring to the overall experience of the game instead of the "newness" of the features involved.

For example: You say pass trajectories is the only thing we got and you missed the entire point of TOTAL CONTROL PASSING. As long as mediocre to bad qbs aren't all stars that are able to place the ball where you want them to all game then this is a HUGE addition.

430 new catch animations is unheard of. We've rarely, if ever had that many new animations in a game cycle period, let alone one area of the game. Also, now that both cbs and wrs can use the same animations, the passing game just gets an entirely new look, feel and structure to it.

The enhanced option pitch is so much more than that. Added are follow through hits (not allowing 1 guy to play both qb and rb), quicker qb reaction and better pitch relationship. The option just became a real part of the game.

Because of the new dropbacks all of the options in the screen game just became a viable part of the game as well.

Alignments aren't a big deal??? You must not understand football. Creating mismatches on offense and masking coverages on defense are the entirety of the passing game! Once again, this addition changes the entire structure of a critical part of the game of football in this series.

Route Awareness and R&R defense bring realism to the passing game. You call it "triggering an animation" a second behind when the offense makes their move for the ball. Well guess what.... THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS IN REAL LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anybody who has played NCAA knows that the most frustrating thing is when the db never even looks for the ball and intercepts it anyway. If you throw the ball on time and with the correct trajectory, your pass gets there before that db can turn his head and you have a completion. Before this, that wasn't possible.

The punt coverage thing is small but it allows punt returns to become an actual part of the game which hasn't been the case so that's actually kinda big in that sense.

It's clear to everyone here that they put a lot of work into this cycle. If you don't like it there's nothing we can do for you. Again, you posted at least 20 times about frickin' SOCK LENGTH being your most critical issue! It's the absolute LEAST of anything on their "tuning" list so you should be the happiest hombre in the world with the additions to the game. You date an English teacher's daughter and can't even develop a proper sentence, but the game developers suck at their job? Please get a clue. And AGAIN...THE MADDEN AND NCAA GAMEPLAY TEAM ARE THE SAME!!!!!!!!!

ram29jackson
05-11-2012, 01:17 PM
ok so....unless i'm mistaken..the play-action abort is in both games now,right ?

I have a question.. I understand football pretty well as a fan...but i've never heard in real life about a QB not doing the play-action move in the middle of a play action play..does this happen in real life or is it just a video game button mash feature to use? how slow is the game moving that you could recognise it that fast anyway ?

it sucked so bad for years that I dont even use play-action..and am fascinated by people who use it more than once a game even though they get smashed every time they try it LOL

ram29jackson
05-11-2012, 01:19 PM
It's been clarified by the team that the line play is geared toward auto-drop. If you play on Heisman and don't auto drop it is instant pressure every other play. If you play AA it's not as big a deal though. I think sending the pressure on auto drop may backfire more this year if you play against a user that knows how to move in the pocket with the new controls. In the past there was no stepping away from pressure without sprinting out and there was no good outlet pass to the rb on the swing, but now it can be done. I expect this year the rb and te will be used a lot in the pass game because people are used to bringing pressure 3/4 of the time.

my tight ends always lead in receiving anyway LOL

morsdraconis
05-11-2012, 01:32 PM
ok so....unless i'm mistaken..the play-action abort is in both games now,right ?

I have a question.. I understand football pretty well as a fan...but i've never heard in real life about a QB not doing the play-action move in the middle of a play action play..does this happen in real life or is it just a video game button mash feature to use? how slow is the game moving that you could recognise it that fast anyway ?

it sucked so bad for years that I dont even use play-action..and am fascinated by people who use it more than once a game even though they get smashed every time they try it LOL

No. QBs NEVER change the actual playaction motion. They'll audible out of the play because of needing to change to a hot read and needing to get rid of the ball quickly, but, when the play is actually ran, they never stop the actual playaction motions.

The real problem with playaction is the lack of the CPU defenders respecting it (outside of the built-in linked plays) and the fact that it works TOO well sometimes when the computer does it to you.

gschwendt
05-11-2012, 02:18 PM
While a QB may not change their mind mid-playaction, they will change their playaction timing based what they read pre-play. So if a blitz is coming, he'll shorten his playaction fake so that he can get the ball out faster. Or as well, if a guy does get free right in the middle of his playaction fake, he won't continue through the fake, he'll pull it and throw. I don't think it's really all that unrealistic.

steelerfan
05-11-2012, 02:28 PM
While a QB may not change their mind mid-playaction, they will change their playaction timing based what they read pre-play. So if a blitz is coming, he'll shorten his playaction fake so that he can get the ball out faster. Or as well, if a guy does get free right in the middle of his playaction fake, he won't continue through the fake, he'll pull it and throw. I don't think it's really all that unrealistic.

Avross
05-11-2012, 02:59 PM
Sucks being out numbered.lol. Ok guys if u think spending 10 months on telling the computer to to line up with the corresponding number a feature it's just not right. I agree with the rest of the "followers" these things needed to be addressed. But I'll explain what a feature is. Ok Im a EA marketing rep. We are calling it "risk and reward system" Example: say I'm playing as a DB the ball is hiked I have total control. I can simply press a button and jam at the line the reciever also have the ability to hit a button and counter move rather a swim or quick push off once the play develop. I'm one on one with the WR down the field I can press a button and reach and grab the Receiver the longer I hold the more I grab to get good position the Reward I'm in position to make a play on the ball the Risk I get a penalty thrown 90% of the time. Same for the Reciever he can also push off minor or major depending on how long u hold the button u have total control guys.Just that simple I have help EA solve the problem with the pass interference penatly that they have had such a hard time implemting in years of this so called "development." Ratings matter so a not so good Corner left on a Island will have to cheat some to control an elite Receiver like Megatron and if Revis out on a Island its all about counter moves ratings are a factor. That's a feature that anyone could come up with. Maybe take a couple cycles to fine tune but guys what was added this cycle is sad. Another Example just cause u guys on here hate recognizing real facts.*Say I'm playing Running back I bounce of a tackle with Ray Rice we see this a thousand times on Sunday he's going to the ground I press a button repeatedly to fight for extra yards the Reward 3 maybe 4 extra. The Risk the ball being exposed and a fumble. Ratings matter so if it's Casey Matthews coming in. he simple finishes the tackle. if it's Clay Matthews with better awareness he knocks the ball out.*Now I just found a great way to have gamer feel close within the action and the ability to trigger in so cool late hit animations maybe. So more plays to get the challenge flag thrown.We can have these situations across the field of play O-line vs. D-line TE vs LB And by the way the socks are important I complain about it in the "uniforms forum" it's simple things like socks that take EA a couple hrs to fix but it's overlooked for yrs. another problem is making such a big point about adding pro combat but poorly implement them such as UGA helmets not having the red line down the middle thats what makes UGA helmet special.*The crowd not making any extra noise on the kick off in the quick clip when the guy break through a major hole. But yet this new sound was a major time consumer. U guys can go against me but I'm just frustrated with the direction it's the facts.

Deuce
05-11-2012, 03:07 PM
I hear what you are saying but the problem is that what you mention above is what YOU want. Everyone wants something different. It's EA's job to try and pick what's most important to the majority of people and go with that. If what they do doesn't satisfy you simply don't buy the game.

Avross
05-11-2012, 03:10 PM
EA been giving us crap for yrs and if guys on the so called sim sports games websites don't voice the truth as a "whole" then they will continue to to say ball speed is a feature and everyone should be extremely excited about it.

JBHuskers
05-11-2012, 03:11 PM
I'm guessing ball speed won't be on the back of the box.

Deuce
05-11-2012, 03:13 PM
EA been giving us crap for yrs and if guys on the so called sim sports games websites don't voice the truth as a "whole" then they will continue to to say ball speed is a feature and everyone should be extremely excited about it.

That's just plain untrue. I've enjoyed and got my $60 worth every year. ...quit buying the game!!!!

Avross
05-11-2012, 03:16 PM
I hear what you are saying but the problem is that what you mention above is what YOU want. Everyone wants something different. It's EA's job to try and pick what's most important to the majority of people and go with that. If what they do doesn't satisfy you simply don't buy the game.

Haha guess its simple? "be excited with everyone else then and just buy the game and complain after a couple months of playing?"
Well I'll definitely be buying the game I'm as excited as the rest of the guys on here that's against me. But I'll be buying the used version. I'm just 1 more person who loves football and have a problem with accepting the way the Game is represented

SmoothPancakes
05-11-2012, 03:22 PM
That's just plain untrue. I've enjoyed and got my $60 worth every year. ...quit buying the game!!!!

This. I've heard it describe perfectly as "abused wife syndrome". People complain about the game and EA, act like EA just beat them and forced them at gunpoint to buy the game, go on and on about crap this, shit that, anti-EA all winter and spring long, then come next July, they're buying the game again. Apparently these people have never heard of "if you hate it, don't buy it".

I have been frustrated with 2K's shit they call MLB 2K for years, I haven't bought it since 2K10, and won't buy it, even used, which is just a cop out to make people feel better about themselves. Oh, I hate this game, I'm not gonna buy it new, but I will buy it used sometime down the road. Well, guess what, you're still buying it. New or used, you're still buying it, you're still spending money on it. So there goes your whole "on a soapbox" boycott out the window.

Avross
05-11-2012, 03:30 PM
This. I've heard it describe perfectly as "abused wife syndrome". People complain about the game and EA, act like EA just beat them and forced them at gunpoint to buy the game, go on and on about crap this, shit that, anti-EA all winter and spring long, then come next July, they're buying the game again. Apparently these people have never heard of "if you hate it, don't buy it".

I have been frustrated with 2K's shit they call MLB 2K for years, I haven't bought it since 2K10, and won't buy it, even used, which is just a cop out to make people feel better about themselves. Oh, I hate this game, I'm not gonna buy it new, but I will buy it used sometime down the road. Well, guess what, you're still buying it. New or used, you're still buying it, you're still spending money on it. So there goes your whole "on a soapbox" boycott out the window.
All of 2k crap suck period. I'm a football fan EA is in the perfect position with total control over America number one sport football. The money not an issue EA running a Monopoly. I don't care if Rockstar games Saga and 8 other companies made a football game in one yr I'll buy them all. It's just you guys are not voicing the truth. I admit almost eliminating auctions tackles and blocking a great edition other than that much time haven't been spent in what we are seeing as this new edition of NCAA 13

Deuce
05-11-2012, 03:31 PM
I haven't bought Madden in 3 years b/c I haven't liked the direction.

If you think we're all followers go back and read IOU's post or Rudy's or Mors....or pretty much anyone.

Deuce
05-11-2012, 03:34 PM
All of 2k crap suck period. I'm a football fan EA is in the perfect position with total control over America number one sport football. The money not an issue EA running a Monopoly. I don't care if Rockstar games Saga and 8 other companies made a football game in one yr I'll buy them all. It's just you guys are not voicing the truth. I admit almost eliminating auctions tackles and blocking a great edition other than that much time haven't been spent in what we are seeing as this new edition of NCAA 13

Huh? Not voicing the truth? Who the hell decides what's true? Can I? ;)

...this is going no where fast.

Avross
05-11-2012, 03:35 PM
Yep. All of us have shown in the past that we will call EA out where it is deserved.

Yea well I guess on these forums it don't get anywhere so it's just get in line and be happy. It's EA Monoply. Nothing will change. Well like I said im excited to play NCAA 13 and do the recruiting. Skip through the games after playing one season and just do the recruiting side like everyone else cause the gameplay didn't suck u in enough til the next installment. It's the same cycle

SmoothPancakes
05-11-2012, 03:38 PM

And what exactly is "the truth"? You're starting to sound like these whackjob conspiracy theorists.

I haven't bought Madden in 3 years b/c I haven't liked the direction.

If you think we're all followers go back and read IOU's post or Rudy's or Mors....or pretty much anyone.

Yep. I never bought Madden 12, and I only owned Madden 11 for 3 days back in June of last year, which I bought for super cheap on eBay solely so I could get an extremely easy 1000 gamerscore from completing all the achievements, then I sold it back off on eBay after I was done. I'm probably going to do the same with 12, buy Madden 12 for $5 or $10 on eBay sometime in the next year, own it long enough to complete all the achievements and get 1000 gamerscore and then sell it back off on eBay. Madden 13, I don't know about yet, still undecided.

Does anyone have any fucking idea what this says?

Not a clue. Google Translate has a heart attack and crashes when I try to decipher it.

JBHuskers
05-11-2012, 03:38 PM
Monopoly = no one is able to get in

Reality = companies could get in if they want, they just don't want to.

SmoothPancakes
05-11-2012, 03:43 PM
Yea well I guess on these forums it don't get anywhere so it's just get in line and be happy. It's EA Monoply. Nothing will change. Well like I said im excited to play NCAA 13 and do the recruiting. Skip through the games after playing one season and just do the recruiting side like everyone else cause the gameplay didn't suck u in enough til the next installment. It's the same cycle

What? :confused: :confused: :confused:

You're saying the gameplay "didn't suck you in enough until the next installment" to someone who is multiple seasons into a coaching carousel dynasty with Florida International and who has been playing the game all year. The gameplay has had issues, yes, but I've still had plenty of fun and spent hundreds of hours playing NCAA 12.

And "get in line and be happy"? You apparently don't read anything on these forums. We all have called EA out about stuff before. Looks at I OU a Beatin' and Mors. They're two of the most vocal people at calling EA out about stuff. I've called EA out about stuff multiple times and just recently as this week when they didn't add onto or make any major changes to coaching carousel and custom conferences. To say that we're all yes men, we just get in line and be happy and don't call out EA is ignorant and stupid as hell.

There's a difference between calling EA out about things they've done wrong or about various issues, and hating on them because you don't like their game and want someone else to make a football game.

JBHuskers
05-11-2012, 03:44 PM
Yes men, get in line, monopoly. All familiar terms from familiar sources.

SmoothPancakes
05-11-2012, 03:46 PM
Monopoly = no one is able to get in

Reality = companies could get in if they want, they just don't want to.

This. All these companies aren't willing to spend the tens of millions it costs for the license and to make and release a college football game year after year.

Avross
05-11-2012, 03:53 PM
What? :confused: :confused: :confused:

You're saying the gameplay "didn't suck you in enough until the next installment" to someone who in multiple seasons into a coaching carousel dynasty with Florida International and who has been playing the game all year. The gameplay has had issues, yes, but I've still had plenty of fun and spent hundreds of hours playing NCAA 12.

And "get in line and be happy"? You apparently don't read anything on these forums. We all have called EA out about stuff before. Looks at I OU a Beatin' and Mors. They're two of the most vocal people at calling EA out about stuff. I've called EA out about stuff multiple times and just recently as this week when they didn't add onto or make any major changes to coaching carousel and custom conferences. To say that we're all yes men, we just get in line and be happy and don't call out EA is ignorant and stupid as hell.

There's a difference between calling EA out about things they've done wrong or about various issues, and hating on them because you don't like their game and want someone else to make a football game.

I love EA really I have an account with them and all maybe even name my son cam Weber one day once I have a kid just saying I think its crap what we get. Don't seem like much time is spent into hard work. So u say u complained about a few things? So minor things like neutral sites how does that get overlooked? Or ability to hire or fire coaches who coach under you? Would u think that take a long time to addressed? Or a day of tweaking the code? I guess they will add it next yr and call it a new feature?

gschwendt
05-11-2012, 03:57 PM
I love EA really I have an account with them and all maybe even name my son cam Weber one day once I have a kid just saying I think its crap what we get. Don't seem like much time is spent into hard work. So u say u complained about a few things? So minor things like neutral sites how does that get overlooked? Or ability to hire or fire coaches who coach under you? Would u think that take a long time to addressed? Or a day of tweaking the code? I guess they will add it next yr and call it a new feature?Which Dynasty addition (not presentation nor gameplay) would you have given up for either of those? Which would you rather have, neutral site games or correct socks?

morsdraconis
05-11-2012, 03:59 PM
Lol. I feel like a pitbull fighting against a bunch of big bully great Danes. But it's cool. I don't mind I guess u guys have a point either shut up and don't buy it or be happy with the major improvements that don't actually exist

I can tell you right now, I haven't liked NCAA Football since the PS2 days. I've played less and less of it as the versions have gone by. I also haven't bought an actual copy of NCAA Football since probably '09 or '10 (pirating FTW) and I haven't touched Madden at all since the PS2 days.

'12 got boring because the passing game was too easy. '11 got boring because dynasty was boring and recruiting sucks. '10 was the last game I really played beyond the first few months because of the newness of everything that was added to it. '09 was a travesty.

I'm most definitely NOT an EA apologist or just follow the line that is buying the game every year. Hell, I wouldn't be pre-purchasing '13 if it wasn't for the fact that I'm lazy and don't feel like cracking my 360 anymore (mainly because I never play it anymore). Hell, I might actually end up canceling my pre-order because I just don't feel like dealing with my shitty 360 hardware anymore.

ram29jackson
05-11-2012, 04:09 PM
then why is Mors even here ? You spend so much time not playing this game..but come to the site focused on it ? i dont get that?

I critique alot, but play both games constantly..or would play more but you guys localized here,on my friends list are doing something else or wont respond..I would play ncaa a heck of lot more if you guys had the disc in and wanted to play head to head..but I end up playing strangers in madden or guys who i wasted time putting on my friends list who use a 3 tight end set from their own 30 on 3rd and 5....no one freaking understands the most basic football concept....sigh

Deuce
05-11-2012, 04:12 PM
Avross, I think you have to be realistic about where your priorities fit in with the consumer. I'll go as far to say that I wonder if EA is making the right business decision by not having any 'back of the box' material for the casual gamer. To me, most of this years newness is for the hard core guys like us and not for the casual fan. It'll be interesting to see how the sales turn out. I hope sales are great so they continue in this direction. If the IGN's of the world give low scores b/c there is no back of the box selling points or 'arcading' type modes it might not be a good year for the series and next year we'll see Mascot Dynasty on the back of the box. :D

Avross
05-11-2012, 04:13 PM
Which Dynasty addition (not presentation nor gameplay) would you have given up for either of those? Which would you rather have, neutral site games or correct socks?
Neutral sites or corrects socks shouldn't be anything EA gamers should be complaining about. It's something they should mention. a brief mention. That they have also addressed which mean just corrected things like neutral site or player socks it's like making sure players have shoe strings in their shoes or u see sky scrapers if your bowl game is in Atlanta. I'm pretty sure it don't take much time and should be taken away from the other to add those little things.
EA is huge they have tons of resources and much money. If they wanted they would have photographers and developers at every team stadium taking pics and gathering information on what football is about its not hard I mean seriously now. If ur a team that "specialize" in this department.

Deuce
05-11-2012, 04:18 PM
Neutral sites or corrects socks shouldn't be anything EA gamers should be complaining about. It's something they should mention. a brief mention. That they have also addressed which mean just corrected things like neutral site or player socks it's like making sure players have shoe strings in their shoes or u see sky scrapers if your bowl game is in Atlanta. I'm pretty sure it don't take much time and should be taken away from the other to add those little things.
EA is huge they have tons of resources and much money. If they wanted they would have photographers and developers at every team stadium taking pics and gathering information on what football is about its not hard I mean seriously now. If ur a team that "specialize" in this department.

Oh man...you'll be so surprised when you get out in the 'real world' and realize how big businesses work. It's like parallel parking an aircraft carrier. Things take forever and the suits that run large corporations will sacrifice man power if it saves them a dime.

Avross
05-11-2012, 04:21 PM
I sit home all day ordering parts for my 81 Malibu 454 bored .30 over and taking care of my awesome bully from all-star pits so I look forward to football season die hard UGA fan. So when EA don't deliver its disappointing. And it's been disappointing 10yrs

Avross
05-11-2012, 04:25 PM
Oh man...you'll be so surprised when you get out in the 'real world' and realize how big businesses work. It's like parallel parking an aircraft carrier. Things take forever and the suits that run large corporations will sacrifice man power if it saves them a dime.

So basically it's impossible for a game to make progress each and year and not lose things from last cycle?

morsdraconis
05-11-2012, 04:28 PM
then why is Mors even here ? You spend so much time not playing this game..but come to the site focused on it ? i dont get that?

I enjoy talking about the theory of football and the game. I enjoy what other people do with the game (ODs and dynasty report stuff). I enjoy bullshitting about music, other video games, etc.

This place has LOTS to offer besides the same old bullshit NCAA Football game.

gschwendt
05-11-2012, 04:28 PM
So basically it's impossible for a game to make progress each and year and not lose things from last cycle?What specifically are you referring to that we lost from last cycle?

SmoothPancakes
05-11-2012, 04:31 PM

This.

I enjoy talking about the theory of football and the game. I enjoy what other people do with the game (ODs and dynasty report stuff). I enjoy bullshitting about music, other video games, etc.

This place has LOTS to offer besides the same old bullshit NCAA Football game.

And this. TGT would NOT be the same without mors and I wouldn't want it any other way, even if mors had never played the game ever before. Some people just fit perfectly in forums like these, whether they play the game or not. Ever forum needs a mors.

Rudy
05-11-2012, 04:35 PM
What specifically are you referring to that we lost from last cycle?

I miss discipline and the matchup stick from the PS2 days. I really miss the way the players moved from the PS2 days. I've never liked the player momentum in this gen and I think improving that will be the next big step for the game. I still don't feel in control of my players on defense at all. It's too twitchy. When you try to cover a punt downfield I can be down there in plenty of time but the control of the player is so bad I can't get him to stop on the marker where the ball will land. It's just frustrating. I think adding more momentum would make it easier while most people think it's the opposite.

gschwendt
05-11-2012, 04:40 PM
I miss discipline and the matchup stick from the PS2 days. I really miss the way the players moved from the PS2 days. I've never liked the player momentum in this gen and I think improving that will be the next big step for the game. I still don't feel in control of my players on defense at all. It's too twitchy. When you try to cover a punt downfield I can be down there in plenty of time but the control of the player is so bad I can't get him to stop on the marker where the ball will land. It's just frustrating. I think adding more momentum would make it easier while most people think it's the opposite.Yeah, but that's not last cycle, at least that's not what I was talking about. I was referring to NCAA13 losing features from NCAA12. Last gen and this gen are essentially two different games. I agree that it's ashame that they started completely over this generation... MLB the Show and College Hoops are a testament to that.

SmoothPancakes
05-11-2012, 04:42 PM
I miss discipline and the matchup stick from the PS2 days. I really miss the way the players moved from the PS2 days. I've never liked the player momentum in this gen and I think improving that will be the next big step for the game. I still don't feel in control of my players on defense at all. It's too twitchy. When you try to cover a punt downfield I can be down there in plenty of time but the control of the player is so bad I can't get him to stop on the marker where the ball will land. It's just frustrating. I think adding more momentum would make it easier while most people think it's the opposite.

That was a great idea back when EA put it in the game, but it was poorly executed. I've made well known over the last two years that I liked the thought behind the discipline system, but it was executed horribly in game. When I have to decide between how many points to put towards training, recruiting and discipline, and I have to put ALL my points in discipline and I still can't even get past week 8 without running out of points and having the NCAA rape me with restrictions for violations, it needed to be taken out as it was. If EA could ever implement it back in where it worked well and wasn't broken like it was last-gen, then I'd be all for it. Unfortunately, I think the NCAA would never sign off on that being added back into the game, not with how much they're trying to make college football look pristine and clean.

souljahbill
05-11-2012, 05:41 PM
Even though I'm a pretty active part of this community, I'm one of "those guys" who have the game "ruined" by community sites. I wouldn't know or notice 80% of what's wrong with these games if it weren't for sites like this, OS, and "the unmentionable site." Not to say that the game is really ruined, it just seems like so many people nitpick about stuff and can't enjoy the game for what it is. Now, I'm old enough to know different strokes for different folks but at the end of the day, it's just a video game. I may not be happy that Southern Miss comes out of a tunnel that doesn't exist, but so what? My bills are paid, my wife loves me, and I'm healthy so I don't sweat that NCAA or Madden or whatever is as great as it could or should be.

Deuce
05-11-2012, 05:57 PM
Even though I'm a pretty active part of this community, I'm one of "those guys" who have the game "ruined" by community sites. I wouldn't know or notice 80% of what's wrong with these games if it weren't for sites like this, OS, and "the unmentionable site." Not to say that the game is really ruined, it just seems like so many people nitpick about stuff and can't enjoy the game for what it is. Now, I'm old enough to know different strokes for different folks but at the end of the day, it's just a video game. I may not be happy that Southern Miss comes out of a tunnel that doesn't exist, but so what? My bills are paid, my wife loves me, and I'm healthy so I don't sweat that NCAA or Madden or whatever is as great as it could or should be.

Avross
05-11-2012, 06:12 PM
I'm glad they fixed the camara for madden. So when u get a pick u don't have the long pause it's more like NCAA now

Rudy
05-11-2012, 06:38 PM

I agree with some of this but disagree a little at the same time. Yes, to expect a game to be perfect and without bugs is having too high a standards. Sometimes we just have to let things go and stop sweating the little stuff. That's good advice for everyone. But we have to be careful how we label those who complain about the game. Some of it is not nitpicky and many of the people who complain are not plain haters but people who want a better game. It's all in the eye of the beholder. I consider myself a more critical poster but at the end of the day I'm like everyone else - I want a game I can have fun with.

We all have different opinions and I have a lot of issues with EA's game that I think are poorly done. Some will disagree with me on those topics but if we try to dismiss all the criticism of the game as nitpicking the quality of a forum deteriorates imo. On most forums debates just spin in circles while everyone tries to "defeat" the other person. One of the hardest things to do on forums is respect an opposing view point but it's necessary. I prefer balanced forums. Not fanboy ones and not overly critical ones either.

Deuce
05-11-2012, 07:11 PM
I can't speak for Souljah but for me I'm just not wired that way. I'm glad there are critical people like you that continue to push EA for a better product. I'm just not that type of person.

One other thing...there's a difference between being critical for the sake of a better game and being critical for the sake of being critical. I think some posters are just flat out disrespectful.

Avross
05-11-2012, 08:29 PM
EA pregression is so ridiculous. So for Madden 15 should I get excited if they say they brought in Revis and Samuel to show how Jam technique work and throws off QB and WR timing? or Samuels deep man technique helps anticipate the QB and WR timing? What if they bring in running back and get their specific running styles? And introduced it again? It's been there. they take it out being lazy only to re-introduce it again 5 years later. U mean pass trajectories is in Madden 13? But not Madden 06? How do u make a football game without it? EA will introduce Zone Blocking for Madden 20 and we will all get excited? Maybe make two versions if they confused on what crowd to cater to. Make a arcade version and sim version with Sim Standards I understand u guys think it's abnormal to want this stuff to be standard but I love the sport.

Deuce
05-11-2012, 08:35 PM
Avross, this is just bitching. Try and be a little tactful and you'll get a much better response from the community. A lot of your ideas get lost in the smartass tone.

...on the other hand say whatever the hell you want. :D. But if you want people to listen be constructive in your criticism.

JeffHCross
05-12-2012, 10:48 AM
No. QBs NEVER change the actual playaction motion. They'll audible out of the play because of needing to change to a hot read and needing to get rid of the ball quickly, but, when the play is actually ran, they never stop the actual playaction motions.Never? Never ever ever ever?

I think G's right that the pre-play read goes a long way. I'm pretty sure I've seen some hot read throws where the RB expected a play action and the QB just pulled up and threw. Hell, there was one play by RGIII last year that was supposed to be a running play and he threw quick instead (totally uncovered receiver, so that's an exception, obviously).

oweb26
05-13-2012, 05:13 AM

:+1::+1:

I'm not even that old, but with a wife and two kids you tend to not care as much about little things like video games or at least enough to sit around and complain about it until July ,and then complain for another 3 months afterwards. I didn't do it before the family but after the family I really don't see the point.

I will say though some of the things I would realize like the blocking but then others I wouldn't like pass trajectory, I have never even thought of it being a problem. I had a really simple solution don't throw the ball over any LB's. LOL

Jayrah
05-13-2012, 12:06 PM
:+1::+1:
I will say though some of the things I would realize like the blocking but then others I wouldn't like pass trajectory, I have never even thought of it being a problem. I had a really simple solution don't throw the ball over any LB's. LOLSo you did notice it then... :D

souljahbill
05-13-2012, 12:50 PM
When QBs scramble, do the DEs, LBs, CBs, and F/SS still stand there as the QB runs by before pursuing?

Jayrah
05-13-2012, 01:17 PM
EA pregression is so ridiculous. So for Madden 15 should I get excited if they say they brought in Revis and Samuel to show how Jam technique work and throws off QB and WR timing? or Samuels deep man technique helps anticipate the QB and WR timing? What if they bring in running back and get their specific running styles? And introduced it again? It's been there. they take it out being lazy only to re-introduce it again 5 years later. U mean pass trajectories is in Madden 13? But not Madden 06? How do u make a football game without it? EA will introduce Zone Blocking for Madden 20 and we will all get excited? Maybe make two versions if they confused on what crowd to cater to. Make a arcade version and sim version with Sim Standards I understand u guys think it's abnormal to want this stuff to be standard but I love the sport.The answer to your original question of "should you be excited if they bring in x to show us how y works" is YES. Absolutely yes. Why wouldn't you be excited? These are the things that you are talking about not being correct in the game, right? In fact this is exactly what you would want if you "LOVE THE SPORT". Just because it's been in before doesn't mean it's been implemented correctly. When were specific running styles in the game properly, to the point that you wouldn't need them to be better? Come on man! The fact that it has been in the series before just makes it that much more important that we have it again.

And you are ignorant with your comment of laziness on EA's part. They had to redo EVERYTHING when they changed consoles. EA started over from total scratch homie. I don't think they did the best job of reintroducing certain things at first but they weren't being lazy by "taking it out". It's a feature because it HASN'T been on this Gen of consoles, and if we call it a missing "feature" than it has to be a "feature" when it's added.

Jayrah
05-13-2012, 01:19 PM
When QBs scramble, do the DEs, LBs, CBs, and F/SS still stand there as the QB runs by before pursuing?That's a good question. Hopefully read and react has fixed this issue. I couldn't even take over a guy and have him react in time last season.

baseballplyrmvp
05-13-2012, 01:48 PM
When QBs scramble, do the DEs, LBs, CBs, and F/SS still stand there as the QB runs by before pursuing?or worse yet, do the d-linemen act like they're being chased by the qb and run away from him?