PDA

View Full Version : Connection issuses from Puerto Rico, please help & share tips, advice

chromeatari
04-15-2012, 11:44 AM
I get too many lost connections since I moved here. I've noticed it happens more frequently on some days than others. Sunday for example, can't hope play a normal game on Sunday. My cHic console is directly connected to the to the net. I'm watching ESPN3 as I write this without any issues, I don't get it!?!

No router or firewall(is firewall settings when I log into modem) and I turn off WiFi signal before playing.
Still problem persists....do I need to buy a better modem? Are there tweaks I can do on the modem to help? It's really frustrating! If I call my ISP what can I tell them that provide the information they need to fix this?

ram29jackson
04-16-2012, 02:30 AM
any techy guys here with some help ? this might be a little interesting

Marlowe
04-16-2012, 01:07 PM
All I know is that once I disabled the streaming media center setting, most of my connection headaches went away.

JerzeyReign
04-16-2012, 03:32 PM
Are you directly connected into your modem/router or are you using wi fi to game? Kind of hard to follow.

I'm in Germany and have little to no lag when playing US cats.

chromeatari
04-16-2012, 03:45 PM
I'm directly connected to the modem. Have you tried anything to help solve the lag?

chromeatari
04-18-2012, 03:44 PM
How do I do that?

chromeatari
04-20-2012, 04:39 PM
Did it! Logged into modem and turned its firewall off. Also found another setting to solve soulseek problems :)