PDA

View Full Version : EA to Update Uniforms in NCAA Football 13 Throughout the Year?

gschwendt
04-14-2012, 07:26 PM
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7115/6897397278_e1d0a7d6b5_z.jpg
According to a recent article from Game Informer (http://www.gameinformer.com/games/ncaa_football_13/b/xbox360/archive/2012/04/02/coming-out-of-the-tunnel.aspx) (found by NatureBoy) that covered much of the same information we'd heard previously on Sights and Sounds, it appears as though that the NCAA Football 13 development is looking at ways to deliver uniforms to the game throughout the year. Here's a quote from the article:

Schools use of multiple alternate uniforms (like Nike's Pro Combat unis) are great for the fans, but it creates a moving target for EA Tiburon as it attempts to keep up with an unveiling process shrouded in secrecy by the schools. Although the day-one disc includes some of the alternate uniforms being used in the upcoming season, the development team is still considering the right way to deliver the unannounced jerseys. EA wouldn't clarify whether it plans to sell these as paid-DLC or release them via free updates.

Last year saw a multitude of teams that released new uniforms throughout the season. As pictured above, Maryland surprised everyone with their 'Pride' uniform in week 1. Then, tradition-rich Notre Dame and Michigan, both of whom hadn't updated their helmets in many years, each unveiled new uniforms for their "under-the-lights" matchup. In all of these cases, fans were asking "when can I use those in the game?" and they never received an answer for NCAA Football 12. However it sounds as though EA is working to change that in some manner.

Time will tell how they plan to deliver this and as well what exactly might be updated. What do you think of the idea? Would you pay for uniforms that are unveiled by the schools after the game is launched?

coogrfan
04-14-2012, 07:32 PM
Absolutely, provided the cost was reasonable ($5 max).

morsdraconis
04-14-2012, 07:34 PM
No freakin' way. You people and your hardon for uniform perfection kill me. :fp:

Deuce
04-14-2012, 07:50 PM
I'm not someone who would purchase uni's but it's a good idea on EA's part. ...1000's of people will pay money to get the newest uniform. That's the reason we keep seeing new uniforms. It's good for business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I OU a Beatn
04-14-2012, 07:50 PM
No way. I'm not against the idea, though.

Paakaa10
04-14-2012, 07:59 PM
I'm one of those... uniform people (as I'm sure mors would say, or worse haha)... so it really did bug me last year to, for example, not have Oklahoma State's new uniform set in the game and be stuck playing in their old set. Being able to have details like this updated over the course of the season would be really great.

That said, if these uniforms are on-disc at launch and just get unlocked later on because a team didn't unveil them until later and didn't want EA spilling the beans? I wouldn't want to pay for those. Uniforms which come as a surprise and need to be added post-release I could understand buying, but anything which was accomplished in the normal development cycle should be free (in my humble opinion).

baseballplyrmvp
04-14-2012, 08:20 PM
i could see them doing this kinda like how ncaa basketball did a couple of years ago, with those dynamic update things they released every week or so. depending on how much control they have over how each team plays in real life, this could tie into how the cpu calls plays in the game (run/pass ratios, % of passes that are shotgun/under center/pistol/play action, % of runs being inside/outside, defensive blitz %'s, etc).

anything that can keep the game fresh, i'm all for, even if it is purely for dress up purposes. :D

Tarhead10
04-14-2012, 08:34 PM
I would definitely go for it.... Seems that updated material just adds to the realism of the game....

CLW
04-14-2012, 08:42 PM
No freakin' way. You people and your hardon for uniform perfection kill me. :fp:

:+1:

Also I'll be PISSED if EA updates the title for DLC for some stupid/ugly uniform while some HUGE AI flaw that will undoubtedly be in the game on launch remains unpatched/not fixed.

I OU a Beatn
04-14-2012, 09:03 PM
That said, if these uniforms are on-disc at launch and just get unlocked later on because a team didn't unveil them until later and didn't want EA spilling the beans? I wouldn't want to pay for those. Uniforms which come as a surprise and need to be added post-release I could understand buying, but anything which was accomplished in the normal development cycle should be free (in my humble opinion).

If you go by the current trend in gaming, they will be on the disc and you'll get charged for them anyway. There's a bunch of companies doing that now.

JeffHCross
04-14-2012, 09:39 PM
I would be unlikely to pay for it, unless it was something like the awesome Air Force uniforms in 2011. But if the alternative is having no way to get the new uniforms, I support the idea of paid DLC for uniform updates.

Also I'll be PISSED if EA updates the title for DLC for some stupid/ugly uniform while some HUGE AI flaw that will undoubtedly be in the game on launch remains unpatched/not fixed.Though, of course, the people responsible for the "stupid/ugly uniform" and the ones responsible for the "HUGE AI flaw" are completely different. The complexity level is also without compare.

If you go by the current trend in gaming, they will be on the disc and you'll get charged for them anyway. There's a bunch of companies doing that now.Mass Effect 3 being the well-discussed example, though what was on-disc wasn't nearly the complete DLC, so that debate was a little bit misconstrued.

NHL has set the precedence, at least within EA, of putting known alternatives on-disc and including a code for them to be unlocked once they're announced. I would think Tiburon would follow that lead, when possible, though unannounced alternatives (like the article seems to be primarily talking about) would be a different ballgame.

NatureBoy
04-14-2012, 10:02 PM
I am a huge uniform nut and I think it's a great idea. I couldn't tell you how many times guys over on the EA SPORTS forums last year were asking for the new uniforms gschwendt mentioned in his opening post. I would like to go one step further and see classic old school uniforms be offered via DLC. It would be a win win for everyone involved. Unifom junkies like myself would be happy and i'm sure the extra revenue that offering these items would put a smile on the faces at EA Sports.

This is coming from a guy who hates to purchase anything extra via DLC and gripes and complains when he does. Everyone has a weakness and uniforms are mine. If you aren't into this sort of thing, it wouldn't be a big deal to you. Having extra uniforms to chose from throughout the season who go a long way into keeping the game fresh in the minds of gamers IMO. And I highly doubt the guys who are in charge of uniforms are the ones who would cause a bug/glitch in the game. Unfortunately, these types of things happen in all games, not just NCAA Football.

JeffHCross
04-14-2012, 10:06 PM
I would like to go one step further and see classic old school uniforms be offered via DLC.I asked about this last year. The dev I asked was interested, but I got the sense that this, like practically everything else, would have to be approved by the school in question. So cases like Ohio State's older uniforms being from a different company would probably nullify that (in my opinion, that's not something we discussed). In cases where a school has had the same deal for a while, that might be more doable (also IMO).

CLW
04-14-2012, 10:19 PM
Though, of course, the people responsible for the "stupid/ugly uniform" and the ones responsible for the "HUGE AI flaw" are completely different. The complexity level is also without compare.

Yes but #1 it shows where EA's priorities lie and #2 its a matter of resources. IMHO EA should spend more $/time/effort/resources on things like gameplay over DLC/uniforms/dreads/etc....

jaymo76
04-14-2012, 11:09 PM
Love DLC but tired of paying EXTRA for it. Video games today nickle and dime you way too much.

JeffHCross
04-14-2012, 11:21 PM
Yes but #1 it shows where EA's priorities lie and #2 its a matter of resources. IMHO EA should spend more $/time/effort/resources on things like gameplay over DLC/uniforms/dreads/etc....True, but it's not always a simple question of throwing more money at a problem. And the money for hundreds of art assets like uniforms may not even cover one significant bug.

You are right overall though.

xMrHitStickx904
04-15-2012, 01:28 AM
I can see it now : Perfect uniforms, but I'll pump fake one way & the entire defense shifts the opposite way.

SmoothPancakes
04-15-2012, 12:48 PM
Well, I know someone who will be very happy at all the potential additional dress-up chances. :D

Jayrah
04-15-2012, 01:08 PM
Yes but #1 it shows where EA's priorities lie and #2 its a matter of resources. IMHO EA should spend more $/time/effort/resources on things like gameplay over DLC/uniforms/dreads/etc....The problem with an opinion is... that it is 1 opinion. It's nullified by 1 opposing opinion (if the subject in question is not fact) and I don't agree that the team should spend more resources on gameplay.

Here's my reasoning: If I understand everything I hear on these podcasts and webcasts and blogs from EA correctly, then $ is not the issue of most of the gameplay items, it's time! You can not fix everything in gameplay at the same time, there's a progression. Everything you change affects another area of the game, so you have to change them in systematical order to get the best desired results with the least issue somewhere else. If you fix multiple gameplay problems at the same time based on old engines/issues, then you'll have to fix many things multiple times because the fix you made in one area simply isn't the same problem now that the other area is "fixed".

On the other hand, things like uniforms, lighting, degradation, crowd updates, stadium updates, front end dynasty updates etc, can all be done simultaneously. That means they won't take as much overall time to complete and they can use their resources as efficiently as we could hope for to make the game look as good as possible. And that is SUPER IMPORTANT to me and many others. Say they did somehow take away the graphics teams and put all their resources into gameplay, maybe You could play in an empty stadium with a dirt field and some sound effects if the gameplay were updated as much as it possibly be, but I don't work like that. I need aesthetics, I need emotion, I need the energy of what a real game looks like when I watch it on tv, I need the players to be updated so that they don't all look the same, as much as I need it to play better.

I know that's just my opinion, but that's the thing about opinions. EA's priorities lie in providing the best game they can for everyone. So on topic, I love the idea of DLC over not having the uniforms in game. I probably wouldn't buy them unless they affected my team/conference though. The other issue I have for uniform updates, is that if I play online I probably won't get to use them and that's been a huge issue for me. I hate, HAte, HATE that we can't do the simple choosing of an opposing cpu team jersey in OD. It drives me nuts when teams come out in the same uniform every time you play them, especially when they have several alternates. I would at least like to see a "random" setting for jersey selection from the cpu, so that we aren't guaranteed the same uniform from year to year.

NatureBoy
04-15-2012, 01:36 PM
I asked about this last year. The dev I asked was interested, but I got the sense that this, like practically everything else, would have to be approved by the school in question. So cases like Ohio State's older uniforms being from a different company would probably nullify that (in my opinion, that's not something we discussed). In cases where a school has had the same deal for a while, that might be more doable (also IMO). Good point Jeff. I didn't even think about that issue coming into play. I'm sure if a team is signed with Nike, for example, that company wouldn't approve of them wearing another companies uniforms from years gone by. That pretty much rules out any uniforms from the 1980's to the present I would guess.

I wonder if older uniforms from say, the 50's, 60's or 70's is a possibility before everyone became tied down to uniform and shoe contracts? Like you already mentioned, the schools would have to give final approval. If there were enough money to be made from it, they may be more interested in the idea. I've seen pics from uniforms South Carolina has wore over the years I would like to see added if at all possible.

If throwback uniforms are out of the question, I would love to see classic helmets added to the mix. I would think that each school would own the rights to all of their old helmet designs from the past. All of this is just a pipe dream of mine I guess.

kindella2
04-16-2012, 08:24 AM
I would love it if they did this. But i already know the politics of them having to contact the school and getting approval DURING the season. Probably not going to happen but we can wish. But im not paying for what should BE IN THE GAME!

Jayrah
04-16-2012, 09:52 AM
I would love it if they did this. But i already know the politics of them having to contact the school and getting approval DURING the season. Probably not going to happen but we can wish. But im not paying for what should BE IN THE GAME!If I were them I would ask for approval before the season for any new uniform releases during it (after the uniform has been worn in a game), so that they could just run and gun without having to jump through in-season hoops. I would think a majority of schools would approve that.

ram29jackson
04-16-2012, 10:22 PM
Absolutely, provided the cost was reasonable ($5 max).

screw that, ...2k kept updating shoes for no pay..just update the uniforms like you update patches etc and stop trying to charge for virtual stuff

kindella2
04-17-2012, 08:42 AM
If I were them I would ask for approval before the season for any new uniform releases during it (after the uniform has been worn in a game), so that they could just run and gun without having to jump through in-season hoops. I would think a majority of schools would approve that.

Well i think thats the thing. ADs and coaches get superstitious about unis and losing so lets say a team gets new unis and proceeds to get blown out and doesnt wear them again this season they will more than likely not want them to be in the game. (i know its silly but it happens) Look at UGA, they pulled their black jersey, pants, and helmet (im still upset with them because of this).

Jayrah
04-18-2012, 01:23 AM
Well i think thats the thing. ADs and coaches get superstitious about unis and losing so lets say a team gets new unis and proceeds to get blown out and doesnt wear them again this season they will more than likely not want them to be in the game. (i know its silly but it happens) Look at UGA, they pulled their black jersey, pants, and helmet (im still upset with them because of this).What the heck happens when you get blown out in your regular uni??? :D

souljahbill
04-18-2012, 07:40 AM
What the heck happens when you get blown out in your regular uni??? :D

A bunch of dudes in boxers.

Avross
04-24-2012, 10:56 PM
Want to see Alabama color adjusted and some more gloves shoes and socks

SmoothPancakes
04-25-2012, 12:22 AM
Want to see Alabama color adjusted and some more gloves shoes and socks

Yes, we know. :fp: Not trying to be an ass, but 15 of your 20 posts have been about socks, gloves, cleats and Alabama's colors. We get it already. You don't need to make a half dozen posts every single day about it.

steelerfan
04-25-2012, 12:50 AM
Dude, I am running out of sock pictures. Here are the ones he actually wants. Maybe this will stop the madness.

http://img.tapatalk.com/62c401e2-907d-5c2d.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Avross
04-25-2012, 01:49 AM
Keep posting til I see improvements. When that's done I'll complain about ribbon boards throughout every stadium. Helping bring every field to life. MLB 12 the show updated their ribbon boards and it makes a world of difference. The LED displays that show different animations that relate to the home teams

JeffHCross
04-25-2012, 09:14 PM
Keep posting til I see improvements.I support the motivation, I do ... but posting the same thing repeatedly doesn't accomplish this. No one's in a position right now to tell you if these things are improved, and certainly not since the last post about them.

In addition, posting about the improvements you want to see have their place and time. We have a Feedback (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?8-Wishlist-amp-Feedback) forum that would be a perfect place. Posting in unrelated threads (yes, I know it's about "uniforms", but not about what you're asking for) will not succeed in furthering your agenda.

The LED displays that show different animations that relate to the home teamsYou can also see MLB ribbon boards significantly more often than in any football stadium that I can think of. From the field-level view NCAA gives you, I don't know that there are practically any moments when you'd be seeing the video board, at least in Ohio Stadium. And even if you did, every cycle of processing that's used for an video board could instead be used for something on the field. I've long thought that's why the video boards just display the same camera view you already have ... it shouldn't take any extra processing that way.

psusnoop
04-26-2012, 07:07 AM
Might add to that as well JeffH, we have a very good Wishlist Tournament here.

Just a thought it seems like you want some socks to be in the game, and at that a certain kind of sock. Maybe since Gschwendt has come out and basically said there really wasn't any new "equipment" to the game for 2013 you could start your own thread in the Wishlists & Feedback forum. Here you can try and rally a group of people that share the same interests and try to make Sock Options on the Wishlist Tourney here.

mtoo22
04-26-2012, 07:25 AM
I've seen the same person post this over on OS about 20 times in every thread. It might be better suited if you gave one really detailed post and left it at that. Not really worth getting banned over as nice as it would be to have what you are asking for. Just a thought..

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II with Tapatalk 2

Dr Death
04-26-2012, 07:38 AM
Keep posting til I see improvements. When that's done I'll complain about ribbon boards throughout every stadium. Helping bring every field to life. MLB 12 the show updated their ribbon boards and it makes a world of difference. The LED displays that show different animations that relate to the home teams

I understand your passion and desire for these things Avross, but I think we all have to accept one major thing w/ this gen of football games: Nothing is going to be perfect or even close to it. So unless you want to keep posting until 2015, I think you're just wasting your time. I am just hoping for a decent playing game and praying that EA learned from the mistake when the move from PS2/X-Box to PS3/X-Box 360 happened and that they are already working on the engine for the new consoles so we don't fall so far behind again.

Love your passion, just trying to be realistic.

ram29jackson
05-01-2012, 12:27 PM
in some/alot of cases..I'm sure guys post stuff because they hopw an EA guy see's it..so he might post more than once to see if its seen. I dont have a problem with that ( not that any here care :P)

this site is suppose to have somewhat of a connection to EA...EA says they read forums etc..but so what..they dont interact that much..I understand cutbacks all to well. But they should designate guys to really communicate on each hardcore NCAA game forum to say what they are really listening to and focusing on and not be all 'secret sauce' about it LOL

steelerfan
05-01-2012, 02:22 PM
Cutbacks?

Jayrah
05-01-2012, 05:38 PM
Cutbacks?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2that's what I was thinking. Didn't they add ppl to the team this year?

JeffHCross
05-04-2012, 10:39 PM
But they should designate guys to really communicate on each hardcore NCAA game forum to say what they are really listening to and focusing on and not be all 'secret sauce' about it LOL1) They tried that before and, in my opinion, it pretty much backfired
2) That's generally what the Game Changer program is for -- to be the intermediary between the community and EA
3) Hiring someone to spend a good part of every day responding on forums is both a marketing nightmare and the basic opposite of what all the "I want more resources on this game so X can be fixed!" guys are calling for

Now to your general point ... yes, I can totally understand why someone would post their point repeatedly in hopes that EA will see it. However, I will neither condone nor encourage it. I think most of the regulars here would agree. We understand the reason ... but the action isn't desired. And even then, there's still a time and place to post it.

ram29jackson
05-04-2012, 11:23 PM
1) They tried that before and, in my opinion, it pretty much backfired
2) That's generally what the Game Changer program is for -- to be the intermediary between the community and EA
3) Hiring someone to spend a good part of every day responding on forums is both a marketing nightmare and the basic opposite of what all the "I want more resources on this game so X can be fixed!" guys are calling for

Now to your general point ... yes, I can totally understand why someone would post their point repeatedly in hopes that EA will see it. However, I will neither condone nor encourage it. I think most of the regulars here would agree. We understand the reason ... but the action isn't desired. And even then, there's still a time and place to post it.

what I'm considering wouldnt even take that long... I can look at 3 major sites in under an hour and learn the questions being written/typed .

just answer some simple trivial questions...yes, we changed sock hight, etc.

they obviously read the forums alot..just take some time to give something back..stop chirping about " this is the great communication/information age" and then communicate nothing while taking forum ideas from the masses.......:)

Jayrah
05-09-2012, 09:47 AM
what I'm considering wouldnt even take that long... I can look at 3 major sites in under an hour and learn the questions being written/typed .

just answer some simple trivial questions...yes, we changed sock hight, etc.

they obviously read the forums alot..just take some time to give something back..stop chirping about " this is the great communication/information age" and then communicate nothing while taking forum ideas from the masses.......:)That's easy to do once the game is out, but they are busy busy busy right now. I think they did generally answer the trivial uniform questions in their first webcast and then again in the podcast when they said that they added a few new facemasks but didn't really add anything else if it wasn't a team uniform. AND THEN.... it was answered again as a probably not by all of the community day guys. Get the hint! No socks were not changed. :)

ram29jackson
05-11-2012, 01:27 PM
...and I still didnt see any blond hair new player models ....?

:)

JBHuskers
05-11-2012, 02:31 PM
...and I still didnt see any blond hair new player models ....?

:)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_aj97WElAteo/SoYHbji9KEI/AAAAAAAAAN8/riWV_bP-Ako/s400/oliver.jpg

SmoothPancakes
05-11-2012, 02:42 PM
:D

Wait, JB getting in a strike, not :sf:? Ram's screwed now with both :sf: and JB on the offensive. :D

ram29jackson
05-11-2012, 02:49 PM

Wait, JB getting in a strike, not :sf:? Ram's screwed now with both :sf: and JB on the offensive. :D

naaw, JB's try was a little off target..not quite the same effect

steelerfan
05-11-2012, 03:05 PM

I got my attack on ram out of the way early today so I could focus on other things. :)

ram29jackson
05-28-2012, 06:34 PM

didnt you bitch about the WV alternates for a while ? :D

morsdraconis
05-28-2012, 07:02 PM
didnt you bitch about the WV alternates for a while ? :D

I didn't bitch about it. I simply pointed out that they were incorrect. I could give a fuck less about it being wrong because I hated those uniforms anyway.

NaptownMVP
06-03-2012, 01:57 AM
If they are ACTIVE uniforms that are shown later in the season, then they should absolutely be free DLC. BS to try and charge someone for something that should have been on the disc day 1.

Now, if they want to put out retro uniforms, I have no problem with them charging. Preferably 4-5 uniforms in a DLC set, charged by team (like 80 points a team, or something).

JeffHCross
06-03-2012, 11:19 AM
If they are ACTIVE uniforms that are shown later in the season, then they should absolutely be free DLC. BS to try and charge someone for something that should have been on the disc day 1.If it's not on the disc day 1, then, based on what they told us last year, it's not something they have control over. EA isn't solely in control over what uniforms make it in the game during the year, it's also up to the schools to approve it and the schools/uniform companies to provide the information. Some uniform changes are made far too late for inclusion (hell, some uniforms decisions aren't even made until after the game is released, it seems like).

NaptownMVP
06-04-2012, 01:38 AM
But you know what I mean. Something that in a perfect world would be included on the disc on Day 1 (all the uniforms used that season, if they knew about them ahead of time and whatnot). Those should be free DLC. Anything beyond that I would be fine with paying for, if they were cheap.

Didn't some of the first NCAA games offer DLC uniforms?

JeffHCross
06-04-2012, 08:08 PM
But you know what I mean. Something that in a perfect world would be included on the disc on Day 1 (all the uniforms used that season, if they knew about them ahead of time and whatnot). Those should be free DLC.I agree with "free". I was just disagreeing with the concept that they should have been on the disc. That's a rallying cry that you hear often against DLC, that it "should have been on the disc". In a lot of cases, I completely agree with that. In some, it's beyond the control of the personnel.

Didn't some of the first NCAA games offer DLC uniforms?Uhm ... what do you mean by "first"? The series has been around since 1993. Obviously they didn't back then. As far as I can recall, the series has never had uniform DLC. NCAA Football 08 and 09 didn't have any DLC, that I can remember. And NCAA 10, 11, and 12 have been limited to in-game microtransactions (like Recruit Adviser).

That's what I can remember, of course.

NaptownMVP
06-04-2012, 11:21 PM
Yeah, 08 and 09. First this gen is what I should have said.

Gator3guy
06-05-2012, 12:10 AM
I thought 07 had DLC. I have PS3 so I don't know for sure but that's what 360 guys were saying.

baseballplyrmvp
06-05-2012, 12:13 AM
I thought 07 had DLC. I have PS3 so I don't know for sure but that's what 360 guys were saying.i know that it had background themes you could download to your 360 but i dont ever recall there being game add-on dlc available for it.

NaptownMVP
06-05-2012, 09:41 AM
Yep, Gator's right. Both Madden and NCAA 07 had uniforms as DLC:

http://community.futuremark.com/forum/showthread.php?28493-Madden-07-NCAA-07-DLC-tomorrow

All of the Madden uniforms were throwbacks and the NCAAs were Alts.

JeffHCross
06-05-2012, 07:35 PM
Yep, Gator's right. Both Madden and NCAA 07 had uniforms as DLC:Well, at least that explains why I didn't remember. I don't have a 360, so I paid no attention to DLC back then :D

I would assume the argument today is that all of those "alt" uniforms are already included on the disc. At least, as we've discussed, all that they can do before release. But that's definitely precedent for a free DLC uniform release during the season.

Wisey105
06-08-2012, 08:39 PM
NCAA 07 was the only game that had uniform DLC. Those assets were not on the disc.

JeffHCross
06-08-2012, 09:41 PM
NCAA 07 was the only game that had uniform DLC. Those assets were not on the disc.The authority has answered.

Side note: hi.

kabbey520
06-11-2012, 09:28 AM
So what's the latest on this? I'm gonna be pretty upset if I don't get to use Arizona's red & copper helmets at some point this year if they don't make it on the game...

shaggy23sj
06-21-2012, 12:30 AM
i think that would be better for a via update because i dont wanna pay for all the new jerseys that would come out im a huge jersey fan and i think that would make the game better just to add them in for free espically since i pre orded the game so i think if you did that you should be able to get them free also

morsdraconis
06-21-2012, 05:22 AM
:gasp: The end of the world is nigh.

oweb26
06-21-2012, 05:37 AM
i think that would be better for a via update because i dont wanna pay for all the new jerseys that would come out im a huge jersey fan and i think that would make the game better just to add them in for free espically since i pre orded the game so i think if you did that you should be able to get them free also

:fp:

hitman40550
06-21-2012, 10:03 AM
Very upset that the new Mizzou uniforms are not in the game yet, by the time the release date gets here it will have been 3 months since the uniforms were released...I would consider Mizzou to be a top 30 team and their uniform is outdated, hopefully they will fix the uniform with a downloadable update on the first day

gschwendt
06-21-2012, 10:07 AM
Very upset that the new Mizzou uniforms are not in the game yet, by the time the release date gets here it will have been 3 months since the uniforms were released...I would consider Mizzou to be a top 30 team and their uniform is outdated, hopefully they will fix the uniform with a downloadable update on the first dayI wouldn't be surprised that those pictures that came out recently weren't actually from 2-3 months ago. Most appear to have outdated rosters and/or uniforms. I truly believe any school that has officially unveiled their uniforms will already be in the game on Day 1. However, those that don't unveil until later will be unlocked automagically then. I imagine the ones that will be paid-DLC will be the ones that EA had no prior knowledge of and therefore had to work on the uniforms post-release.

Again though, we have no official confirmation from EA that there indeed will be any kind of DLC. The only thing said has been the blurb in this article from GameInformer.

gschwendt
06-22-2012, 10:30 AM
Website Gaming Examiner (http://www.gamingexaminer.com/ben-haumiller-talks-ncaa-football-13/16523/) had an interview with Ben Haumiller recently. The majority of the content is stuff we've already heard, however part of it sounds like they're still not ready to comment on how they're going to handle uniforms post-launch.

GE – College football has recently seen an explosion with multiple uniforms for individual schools (Oregon, I’m looking at you). How closely are you working with Nike to make sure that all uniform variants are being represented in game?

BH – Oregon was just the starting point, Oklahoma State wore a different combination every game last season, Maryland shocked the world on Labor Day night with their Pride uniforms, and even a school as tradition-rich as Notre Dame got in on the action with three different helmets; it was an absolutely crazy year when it comes to uniforms. Since there don’t appear to be any signs of this phenomenon slowing down anytime soon, we’ve done a lot of work both with the schools as well as the apparel companies to find out everything that’s planned on being created for the coming year which gives us the ability to create as many of these new uniforms/helmets as possible to ship with the game. Because some uniforms don’t get finalized until it’s too late for us, and because some uniforms are being held under wraps until we get closer to their debuts on the field there are a number of uniforms that we’re still trying to determine the best way to deliver.

JBHuskers
06-22-2012, 10:54 AM
If not this year, it definitely needs to be looked at with the landscape now a days.

JSmith03
06-22-2012, 03:28 PM
I don't see why they just don't update the uniforms throughout the year. If 2k can do it with the Christmas unis, Toronto's Military Day unis, etc. then there's no reason they can't do an opening date update if necessary, as well as updates down the line.

They also don't need to offer if for a price. Why do that? They're uniforms, not something that's gonna change the way we play. Plus they should be in the game, technically, to begin with. They should be free.

thirtydaZe
06-26-2012, 12:23 PM
Nebraska is supposed to have an alternate uni this year, likely a very mild variation of what they wear now, however, i'd pay to have it, if in fact the uniform does actually surface.

gschwendt
06-27-2012, 10:31 AM
Are these uniforms from Tulsa new this coming year or from last year? (pulled from article here (http://www.easports.com/gamechangers/news/article/top-5-sleeper-teams-in-ncaa-football-13))

*edit
Nevermind on Rutgers... I found their new uniforms and that's not it.

http://web-vassets.ea.com/Assets/Richmedia/TMS4-1.jpg

coogrfan
06-27-2012, 11:05 AM
The Tulsa uni's were in NCAA 12.

Escobar
06-27-2012, 10:11 PM
The Tulsa uni's were in NCAA 12.

And NCAA '11. I used them in an offline dynasty.

coogrfan
06-28-2012, 09:21 AM
The fact that we've heard nothing official on this topic leads me to believe it ain't happening this year. :(

gschwendt
06-28-2012, 09:25 AM
The fact that we've heard nothing official on this topic leads me to believe it ain't happening this year. :(
If that is the case, with as many uniforms that don't appear updated yet (Rutgers, Missouri, etc.), that will create a big outcry from fans of uniforms. Not only are they outdated but then EA teased it and didn't deliver.

Not saying they won't deliver, but just saying if that occurs, there will be pitchforks & torches available at the TGT gift shop.

PeteyKirch
06-28-2012, 09:45 AM
If that is the case, with as many uniforms that don't appear updated yet (Rutgers, Missouri, etc.), that will create a big outcry from fans of uniforms. Not only are they outdated but then EA teased it and didn't deliver.

Not saying they won't deliver, but just saying if that occurs, there will be pitchforks & torches available at the TGT gift shop.

The sad thing is that at least with Rutgers, the uniforms were pretty much finalized as early as February, they were unveiled at the end of April.

I don't remember what the so called "mythical cut off date" EA uses but that should have been enough time.

If it's in the game, it could be in our game....sometime down the road.

cdj
06-28-2012, 09:52 AM
The sad thing is that at least with Rutgers, the uniforms were pretty much finalized as early as February, they were unveiled at the end of April.

I don't remember what the so called "mythical cut off date" EA uses but that should have been enough time.

Unless the school and/or manufacturer provided EA with the new uniforms early in the spring, the end of April would have been too late for disc inclusion.

PeteyKirch
06-28-2012, 10:05 AM
Unless the school and/or manufacturer provided EA with the new uniforms early in the spring, the end of April would have been too late for disc inclusion.

Well that's disappointing.

To be fair the Rutgers jerseys have been incorrect pretty much for the last 4 years, especially the sleeves.

EA has yet to incorporate correct QB sleeves.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/images/stories/large/2010/10/09/Dodd105081781.jpg

Supposed to have no elastic on the sleeves, but that's nit picking.

If EA doesn't have the correct current Rutgers jerseys they best have every uniform combo they wore last year, Red Helmet White R, Matte Black White R, Matte Black Red R, White Helmet USA Flag R.

PeteyKirch
06-28-2012, 10:05 AM
Whoops duplicate.

JBHuskers
06-28-2012, 10:07 AM
I don't see why they just don't update the uniforms throughout the year. If 2k can do it with the Christmas unis, Toronto's Military Day unis, etc. then there's no reason they can't do an opening date update if necessary, as well as updates down the line.

They also don't need to offer if for a price. Why do that? They're uniforms, not something that's gonna change the way we play. Plus they should be in the game, technically, to begin with. They should be free.

Fully agree with all of the above.

cdj
06-28-2012, 10:37 AM
If EA doesn't have the correct current Rutgers jerseys they best have every uniform combo they wore last year, Red Helmet White R, Matte Black White R, Matte Black Red R, White Helmet USA Flag R.

I can give some good news there - it looks like last year's new black unis will be in:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8155/7455197664_4c344f93b9_b.jpg

There's no debating your premise, but keep in mind that Microsoft and Sony don't let companies put up items in the Marketplace/Store for free. Depending on how EA releases them (different packs? one large pack? individual schools?), they have to pay MS/Sony to make them available. They probably can't put a lot out for free unless they want to take it in the shorts.

Escobar
06-28-2012, 01:14 PM
They could make it free for a limited time like LBP did when it released free costumes. They were usually free for 2 weeks for everyone, and after that they would go to a set price.

JeffHCross
06-28-2012, 10:18 PM
I don't see why they just don't update the uniforms throughout the year. If 2k can do it with the Christmas unis, Toronto's Military Day unis, etc. then there's no reason they can't do an opening date update if necessary, as well as updates down the line.Forgive me for being oblivious, but does NBA update their uniforms via download, or is it a code that you enter at some point / automatically unlock, like the NHL series? Because the NHL series clearly puts the alternate uniforms in the game, they're just not usable until they've been debuted by the team. To do that, they have to have assistance from the manufacturer, at least, and possibly include the team and league. NCAA is lacking that level of assistance.

They could make it free for a limited time like LBP did when it released free costumes.LBP is also first-party. Could make a big difference ... Sony might not have to pay themselves to put stuff in the store.

Escobar
06-28-2012, 10:44 PM
Forgive me for being oblivious, but does NBA update their uniforms via download, or is it a code that you enter at some point / automatically unlock

It is just an instant unlock. As soon as you boot up the game and connect to NBA Today the game automatically downloads/updates the uni's. It also does this with shoes. On christmas day you were notified that the shoes Kevin Durant, Kobe, LeBron, and Chris Paul wore that day were all unlocked for you to use.

SmoothPancakes
06-28-2012, 10:45 PM
It is just an instant unlock. As soon as you boot up the game and connect to NBA Today the game automatically downloads/updates the uni's. It also does this with shoes. On christmas day you were notified that the shoes Kevin Durant, Kobe, LeBron, and Chris Paul wore that day were all unlocked for you to use.

It sounds like they were already in the game then, 2K just had to send out the code or whatever over their servers to unlock it in people's games when they connected to the 2K servers.

cdj
06-28-2012, 10:52 PM
NBA 2K12 also had a feature that allowed for updated courts. I'm not certain but I believe those were pushed through directly to game/console. Though, they are probably relatively small in size. At the least, NCAA Football needs to do this with field art. I have a feeling uniforms may be too large but that's just a guess.

ram29jackson
06-29-2012, 12:53 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq1KeyEARBU

CLW
06-29-2012, 10:49 AM
It appears that even :Duke: is jumping on the :Oregon: uniform band wagon:

http://www.lostlettermen.com/wp-content/uploads/Duke-Helmets.jpg

Chances on these making 13 or even 14? About 1 in a million.

gschwendt
07-05-2012, 03:47 PM
During the Machinima Sports livestream today, Ben said can't quite talk about it yet but they are working on ways to deliver uniforms post-launch. Sounds like it will officially happen but how and when has yet to be discussed.

ram29jackson
07-05-2012, 04:11 PM
During the Machinima Sports livestream today, Ben said can't quite talk about it yet but they are working on ways to deliver uniforms post-launch. Sounds like it will officially happen but how and when has yet to be discussed.

it could possibly mean not till next year?
He didnt say we are working on it for this year

CLW
07-05-2012, 04:14 PM
it could possibly mean not till next year?
He didnt say we are working on it for this year

Agreed that he was very "cryptic" so it might be that they are working on it but he wasn't sure enough that it would be implemented this year. I just wish he had added the ability post patch to get me some dreads that turn into snakes like Medussa with a helmet on!

ram29jackson
07-05-2012, 04:49 PM
Agreed that he was very "cryptic" so it might be that they are working on it but he wasn't sure enough that it would be implemented this year. I just wish he had added the ability post patch to get me some dreads that turn into snakes like Medussa with a helmet on!

you might get that in the Elsword game they were promoting next LOL

NaptownMVP
07-06-2012, 01:06 AM
I thought this had already been confirmed that they would be updating uniforms throughout the year? Did I dream that?

gschwendt
07-06-2012, 08:28 AM
I thought this had already been confirmed that they would be updating uniforms throughout the year? Did I dream that?
It hadn't ever been outright confirmed, more so that Ben has made comments about it in a couple of interviews but has always been fairly non-committal with it.

jello1717
07-06-2012, 09:11 AM

Even as recently as yesterday during that livecast Ben said that they want to but he can't talk about it.

coogrfan
07-06-2012, 12:13 PM
Just a theory, but here goes.

NCAA 07 (360) was the last version to have DL uni's. As I recall EA's original plan was to release them for sale via XBL Marketplace, but there was such a backlash from gamers that EA ultimately chose a different method. They signed a sponsorship deal for the uni packs (Coke?) and released them for free.

Could Ben's reluctance to talk about this be a sign that EA is trying to decide which of these two methods to use for NCAA 13?

JeffHCross
07-06-2012, 07:22 PM
Could Ben's reluctance to talk about this be a sign that EA is trying to decide which of these two methods to use for NCAA 13?You may be right about the specific reason, but in general Ben's reluctance to talk about it could be easily summed up: There's nothing official yet. The specific reason could be a lot of things (such as your suggestion).

beartide06
07-10-2012, 08:14 AM
Thought this was interesting. Found a link mentioning where the MSU spokesman mentioned via twitter that the Miss St. unis are planned to be added through DLC. Here is the link: http://blogs.clarionledger.com/msu/2012/07/03/a-few-mississippi-state-screenshots-and-player-ratings-from-ncaa-football-13/

SmoothPancakes
07-10-2012, 08:50 AM
Interesting yes, but I'm not taking anything as official until EA announces it. Something like this, it could be announced today, it may not ever be announced until NCAA '14. We have no idea unfortunately.

coogrfan
07-10-2012, 10:16 AM
More fuel for the fire courtesy of Rutger's associate athletic director:

16m Jason Baum ‏@JasonBaumRU
‪#RFootball‬ EA NCAA Football '13 fans: The new Nike uniforms for ‪#RFootball‬ will be available in an update soon for users.

LeeSO
07-10-2012, 11:27 AM
I believe my question is one that belongs in this thread. So, here it is: Where do I get my code for the unis that came with my Amazon Pre-order? I received my game this morning thinking the code would be in my package. It was not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

gschwendt
07-10-2012, 11:27 AM
I believe my question is one that belongs in this thread. So, here it is: Where do I get my code for the unis that came with my Amazon Pre-order? I received my game this morning thinking the code would be in my package. It was not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You'll receive an email from Amazon within 2 days of shipment... should come either today or tomorrow.

coogrfan
07-10-2012, 11:28 AM
Amazon will send you an email with the code within the next couple of days.

ram29jackson
07-10-2012, 11:41 AM
More fuel for the fire courtesy of Rutger's associate athletic director:

16m Jason Baum ‏@JasonBaumRU
‪#RFootball‬ EA NCAA Football '13 fans: The new Nike uniforms for ‪#RFootball‬ will be available in an update soon for users.

he probably has no clue and is going by what someone told someone else ?

coogrfan
07-10-2012, 11:48 AM
One media relations guy being misinformed is possible; two media relations guys at two diff schools (Miss St and Rutgers) repeating the same error is less likely.

Imo we are going to see DL uni's this year.

prime9
07-10-2012, 01:26 PM
Amazon will send you an email with the code within the next couple of days.

Is there anyway to get the Pro Combat's without pre-ordering from Amazon?

ram29jackson
07-10-2012, 07:38 PM

play the demo

Escobar
07-10-2012, 08:41 PM
play the demo

There's two different sets of pro combats. One from the demo, and one from Amazon.

gschwendt
07-10-2012, 08:44 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't go a similar route that Tiger does... after 45 days, the exclusive courses, etc. are available for purchase. I imagine the Amazon uniforms & Gamestop Heisman guys will go the same route eventually.

SmoothPancakes
07-10-2012, 08:53 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't go a similar route that Tiger does... after 45 days, the exclusive courses, etc. are available for purchase. I imagine the Amazon uniforms & Gamestop Heisman guys will go the same route eventually.

You can already see the Gamestop Heisman guys listed in the game, but it says they aren't available for download/purchase yet. However, there was a thing in the NCAA '13 items in the Xbox Marketplace that looked like you could already buy the three Gamestop Heisman guys. I forget if it was 400 MSP or something less.

Kingpin32
07-11-2012, 12:45 PM
There's two different sets of pro combats. One from the demo, and one from Amazon.
Has anyone got the Pro-Combats from the demo in the game yet?

SmoothPancakes
07-11-2012, 12:49 PM
Has anyone got the Pro-Combats from the demo in the game yet?

I think I saw them in my game when I was playing with Season Ticket. I didn't check in the retail game.

Kingpin32
07-11-2012, 12:50 PM
I need to check my teams. What were the teams again?

gschwendt
07-11-2012, 12:54 PM
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7101/7163014365_08f8b961dc_o.jpg

SmoothPancakes
07-11-2012, 12:55 PM

Actually, I know for a fact now it was in my game on Season Ticket. I remember seeing the Navy PCs in my game.

Kingpin32
07-11-2012, 01:07 PM
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7101/7163014365_08f8b961dc_o.jpg
Gracias sir.

gschwendt
07-11-2012, 03:09 PM
Arkansas AD Jeff Long suggests that their uniforms will be updated around the end of August.
https://twitter.com/jefflongUA/status/222883139406663680

“@ADather: @jefflongUA A little disappointed the new uni's didn't make it onto ‪#EASports‬ NCAA 13... ‪#EveryYear‬ ‪#SadHog‬” here end of Aug

souljahbill
07-11-2012, 03:13 PM
Arkansas AD Jeff Long suggests that their uniforms will be updated around the end of August.
https://twitter.com/jefflongUA/status/222883139406663680

*whispers* Uniforms, not rastas

Edit: Fixed

gschwendt
07-11-2012, 03:15 PM
*whispers* Uniforms, not rastas
Damn you people and your insatiable need for rosters now has me confused. :fp:

SmoothPancakes
07-11-2012, 03:30 PM
Damn you people and your insatiable need for rosters now has me confused. :fp:

But it's rastas damnit! We must has our rastas!!!

CLW
07-11-2012, 04:22 PM
http://www.pastapadre.com/2012/07/11/uniform-updates-appear-likely-for-ncaa-football-13

gschwendt
07-11-2012, 08:32 PM
Pastapadre received an official word from EA regarding uniforms
http://www.pastapadre.com/2012/07/11/uniform-updates-appear-likely-for-ncaa-football-13

(Update) A statement from EA confirms plans to provide free uniform updates with a release time frame of mid-August. The game will be patched thus allowing for updates to be completed and then uniform packs will be released over the course of the year as needed.
Once the patch is out we will be updating all of teams who have new default home/away uniforms, as well as any schools where uniform inaccuracies are present. All “corrected” uniforms will be free, we’re not going to charge users a dime to get the right outfits for their teams.
That obviously leaves the door open for non-default home & away uniforms to be offered as PDLC. Pro-combats, specialty uniforms, alternates, etc.

Kingpin32
07-11-2012, 09:03 PM
The real news is that there is gonna be a patch too.

gschwendt
07-11-2012, 09:04 PM
The real news is that there is gonna be a patch too.
Yes, I but if the uniform and patch and patch 1.1 are the same, that means we have to wait a month.

ram29jackson
07-12-2012, 03:09 PM
Pastapadre received an official word from EA regarding uniforms

That obviously leaves the door open for non-default home & away uniforms to be offered as PDLC. Pro-combats, specialty uniforms, alternates, etc.

that door better stay shut

coogrfan
07-15-2012, 12:24 PM
In case some of you missed this:

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/07/11/3701157/ea-sports-confirms-mus-new-uniforms.html

Per EA:

"We got the info on Mizzou’s new uniforms too late to include them in the release version of the game. We are absolutely expecting to get the new uniforms into the game, it’s just a matter of creating a patch that will allow us to push out the new content. There’s no specific date for this uniform patch, but the team is targeting mid-August as a launch window.

Once the patch is out we will be updating all of teams who have new default home/away uniforms, as well as any schools where uniform inaccuracies are present (my emphasis-coogrfan). All “corrected” uniforms will be free, we’re not going to charge users a dime to get the right outfits for their teams. The Mizzou uniforms specifically are targeted to go live as the very first pack available once we launch the larger uniform patch."

Marshall
07-15-2012, 01:19 PM
So there's gonna be packs released at different times? I figure I can expect to get the updated Marshall uniforms about bowl season.

JeffHCross
07-15-2012, 01:36 PM
Any schools with uniform inaccuracies? I can only hope that's literally true, as some of these inaccuracies have been around for far too long.

coogrfan
07-15-2012, 02:44 PM
So there's gonna be packs released at different times? I figure I can expect to get the updated Marshall uniforms about bowl season.

I think so. Haumiller has indicated that EA has received info on a number of uni's that haven't been made public yet. I believe EA will release them for use in the game after they are worn by the actual teams.

Marshall
07-15-2012, 04:50 PM
I think so. Haumiller has indicated that EA has received info on a number of uni's that haven't been made public yet. I believe EA will release them for use in the game after they are worn by the actual teams.

That part makes sense for sure. I hope the first pack covers the inaccurate and non current uniforms of teams so we're not stuck playing with uni's that were last worn 2 seasons ago while Oregon gets their 80th combo put in the week it's worn.

PeteyKirch
07-15-2012, 08:31 PM
Part of me wonders how the new Rutgers helmets will work in this game.

In real life, the chrome finish is supposed to wear off with dings and dents showing the matte black underneath.

Sounds almost too complicated for EA to program, though they sort of got the Chrome Oregon helmets right.

gigemaggs99
07-15-2012, 08:31 PM
Will be interesting to see, A&M released their new SEC home and away uniforms just last week. I wonder if ours will make the update.

http://blog.chron.com/aggies/2012/07/aggies-unveil-new-uniforms-for-debut-season-in-sec/

JeffHCross
07-15-2012, 08:43 PM
Will be interesting to see, A&M released their new SEC home and away uniforms just last week. I wonder if ours will make the update.Those uniforms are both beautiful and hideous. I do wonder what they'd look like without being the "TechFit" model though. I think that is part of the reason I don't like any Adidas reveals in recent years. I miss the old "loose" (only by comparison) uniforms.

cdj
07-15-2012, 08:44 PM
From a Louisville fan on Twitter, no source or link though:

"Rumors that Louisville's 9/11 helmets might be in the ‪#NCAA13‬ uniform update (https://twitter.com/ElleRaiser/status/224600294259044352)"

JeffHCross
07-15-2012, 09:28 PM
I imagine there's rumors of the "Hey, do you think ..." kind, for every team whose uniforms aren't totally in the game.

gigemaggs99
07-16-2012, 09:48 AM
Those uniforms are both beautiful and hideous. I do wonder what they'd look like without being the "TechFit" model though. I think that is part of the reason I don't like any Adidas reveals in recent years. I miss the old "loose" (only by comparison) uniforms.

I guess I'm old school too. I don't know if I like the super tight fit, especially if the players aren't all ripped. It's not real cool to see the "dunlops" and fat rolls accentuated.

I also like the traditional solid maroon top. Something simple like Penn St. or Michigan St. has, the solid top no wild stuff. A few years ago A&M had really nice solid maroon tops but then the put this crazy tiger-striped print around the collar hem and sleeve hems. The players all tucked it under their pads so it made it look like a solid maroon top. Not sure why they need that tiger-striped stuff.

I assume like a lot of things it comes down to money. I didn't have a problem with last years uniforms, I liked the grey pants we'd wear sometimes and the all maroon out, (maroon pants, socks, jersey, helmet, facemask) but I guess since we moved to the SEC every department wants a piece of the action and share of the money so....what are you gonna do.

I also like the traditional block ATM. A few years ago they added the white stripe inside the white ATM, I guess to give it some fancy detailing.... and I've never been a big fan of that.

I guess I don't donate enough to have a say LOL, either way it would be nice if an EA update comes out and includes the current uniforms.

Koach Vonner
07-17-2012, 01:04 AM
I wish they would get all the Nike sponsored teams in Nike Elite Socks.

Teams have been wearing these (Team Colors of course) for at least 3 years. Hell my High School team wears them where I coach.

ram29jackson
08-14-2012, 03:23 PM
http://mobile.sbnation.com/2012/8/14/3231324/new-college-football-uniforms-2012

click on link and just keep scrolling down, possibly every change noted..or at least a heck of alot

....actually,there arent that many

ram29jackson
08-14-2012, 04:40 PM
so, is there heading at the playstation store available for this yet or it happens at the end of August or what ?

gigemaggs99
09-02-2012, 11:08 AM
I thought I remembered reading that this uniform store would be live towards the end of August. I can't seem to find that information anywhere now...any ideas on when it will be up and running?

I search online and I find all sorts of information from the beginning of July that talks about this new DLC feature, but none say when it will be "active".

gschwendt
09-02-2012, 11:22 AM
I'm betting you'll see uniforms in the store this coming Tuesday. They stated that they'll be updating the store on Tuesdays throughout the season and I bet they're waiting until each is unveiled in a game.

gigemaggs99
09-02-2012, 12:51 PM
I'm betting you'll see uniforms in the store this coming Tuesday. They stated that they'll be updating the store on Tuesdays throughout the season and I bet they're waiting until each is unveiled in a game.

Cool thank you sir. I hope they go ahead and unveil our Aggie unis, we were supposed to play La Tech Thursday night but it was rescheduled for Oct 13 due to the hurricane. Either way, it would be cool to have the new Aggie unis.

PeteyKirch
09-03-2012, 06:25 PM

So using that logic, they would only release the new Rutgers away uniforms, since that's all they played?

gigemaggs99
09-03-2012, 06:58 PM
Another thing that would be cool with the uniforms coming out, it would be cool if they would add stadiums. For example, Notre Dame vs Navy playing in Ireland. I'm thinking that stadium is in Fifa or one very similar. Since EA makes a Fifa game they should be able to replicate that stadium or something very close to it.

gigemaggs99
09-04-2012, 11:47 AM
Well darn. I look forward to release day so I can get the game...now with the promise of new uniforms I check the uniform store daily. I figured today would be the day since it's Tuesday and they sometimes come out with updates on Tuesdays. Well no luck, maybe tomorrow....or maybe next Tuesday. :dunno:

PeteyKirch
09-04-2012, 02:25 PM
I think the fact EA has decided to stay mum on the whole uniform store is alarming.

gschwendt
09-04-2012, 02:26 PM
I think the fact EA has decided to stay mum on the whole uniform store is alarming.
Why is it alarming?

PeteyKirch
09-04-2012, 02:48 PM
Why is it alarming?

Cause we were told in August, when to expect the store to launch and with what. We never got that information.

gschwendt
09-04-2012, 03:03 PM
Cause we were told in August, when to expect the store to launch and with what. We never got that information.
We were told that the patch would introduce the uniform store (it did) and were told to expect uniforms in the store starting this month. We're 4 days into this month. I get the frustration but you're way overreacting by saying it's "alarming".

PeteyKirch
09-04-2012, 03:06 PM
We were told that the patch would introduce the uniform store (it did) and were told to expect uniforms in the store starting this month. We're 4 days into this month. I get the frustration but you're way overreacting by saying it's "alarming".

You don't get it, Ben told us in a live steam, that he would give us a date when the store would open, and what would be available at launch, during August.

That never happened.

psuexv
09-05-2012, 03:17 PM
And there's something happening tomorrow. Maybe that's it.

CLW
09-05-2012, 04:10 PM
OMG!!!! Still no new uniforms to prance around in! That's it! Combine this with no different colored wind sox and different sox styles and no different types of dreads. THIS IS THE WORST [CENSORED] GAME EVA!!!!!

kindella2
09-05-2012, 04:18 PM
While i would love to get the unis and cant wait, im not going to stomp my feet. EA said we would get them, the uni store is set up and right now there is nothing in it.

We were NEVER given a date for the unis. We were given time frames for them just like we got a time frame for the patch. I think we all need to remember that this is something new and very ambitious (IMO) that they are updating the games with unis when they could just be sitting back doing nothing or turning their attention toward 14.

PeteyKirch
09-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Sounds like the first batch will come out tomorrow.

Can't wait to finally start my Rutgers dynasty.

gigemaggs99
09-05-2012, 10:58 PM
I have no idea when they are coming out. I'm not stomping my feet, hopefully I didn't come across like that, I'm excited they are coming out. I'm happy they are releasing prior to the NCAA 14 game coming out.

I think this twitter/facebook world is a double edge sword. To be honest, I could care less where someone is eating lunch or what their latest who cares news is but I'm...old I guess. I joke all the time with my wife that I should get a twitter dealy so I can post on there, 1 wipe or 2? , should I wear my white shoes today or black? WHO CARES!

But I think it makes a lot of the public have this RIGHT NOW mentality. ...it leads to the "EA said this, so BRING IT ON NOW" mentality.

Similar to cell phones, prior to being a stay at home Dad to raise my kids I was a full-time plumber (will be when they go to school) my old bosses used to get all "worked up" when you didn't answer the company cell phone RIGHT NOW. They would all worked up, I'm paying for this service you better answer...well I'm sorry sir, I couldn't hear it over the jack-hammer and oh by the way, what happened a few years back...back before cell phones...did plumbers, EVERYONE just not do their jobs? Did the earth stop spinning? This RIGHT NOW mentality makes me laugh.

I am guilty of wanting the unis, but I'm not going to lose sleep or stop playing the game just because they are there or they are not. If they come out prior to NCAA 14 coming out, that's cool.

SmoothPancakes
09-06-2012, 12:22 AM
I am guilty of wanting the unis, but I'm not going to lose sleep or stop playing the game just because they are there or they are not. If they come out prior to NCAA 14 coming out, that's cool.

Amen. Everyone complaining nonstop because the uniforms weren't in the store the day that patch dropped in mid-August should be happy there even is a uniform store and that there will be uniforms released throughout the year. It sure as hell beats waiting until next July and NCAA 14 just to have the uniforms that we'll have here in due time.

So they weren't available the day the patch dropped (two weeks earlier than any of us or even EA expected don't forget) and so they didn't show up in the store by August 31st, they'll be there eventually. Patience is a virtue. Clearly some people have never heard of that thing called patience.

kindella2
09-06-2012, 09:55 AM
Thats exactly what im saying and gigemaggs99 that wasnt at you. Im playing in 1 personal dynasty and 2 ODs with teams that will get uni updates, so i cant wait either but im not going to curse EA for that.

I will curse them for bad blocking logic but not for the uni store.

souljahbill
09-06-2012, 01:11 PM
It's up on 360 now. Sept. 18th for PS3.

SmoothPancakes
09-06-2012, 03:37 PM
It's up on 360 now. Sept. 18th for PS3.

Not sure why the two week delay for PS3, but at least, there, finally. Uniforms are in the store, uniforms are coming out, people can stop complaining because they weren't there last week or weeks ago.

gigemaggs99
09-06-2012, 06:05 PM
Not sure why the two week delay for PS3, but at least, there, finally. Uniforms are in the store, uniforms are coming out, people can stop complaining because they weren't there last week or weeks ago.

2 WEEKS ARE YOU KIDDING ME! :mad:

JUST KIDDING! :nod:

JBHuskers
09-06-2012, 06:19 PM

Sony certification.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

CLW
09-06-2012, 06:26 PM
Sony certification.

Yep gotta make sure EA doesn't blow up my new 1TB PS3! :nod:

JBHuskers
09-06-2012, 06:45 PM
Yep gotta make sure EA doesn't blow up my new 1TB PS3! :nod:

:+1:

SmoothPancakes
09-06-2012, 07:40 PM
Sony certification.

So are all uniforms gonna require patches to put them in the store? I thought that was the point of having the store, that once it was patched in, EA could get uniforms put into it over via whatever methods other than patches. If that's the case, and they have to release a patch to put new uniforms in the store, we definitely won't be seeing uniforms every week or every other week, but maybe once a month or every couple months.

gigemaggs99
09-06-2012, 08:20 PM
So are all uniforms gonna require patches to put them in the store? I thought that was the point of having the store, that once it was patched in, EA could get uniforms put into it over via whatever methods other than patches. If that's the case, and they have to release a patch to put new uniforms in the store, we definitely won't be seeing uniforms every week or every other week, but maybe once a month or every couple months.

Just a thought, but with EA's excellent history of patch releases and then magically other issues pop up post patch, maybe the last patch w/ the empty uniform store was a test patch? :popcorn:

SmoothPancakes
09-06-2012, 09:19 PM
Was it ever said if these uniforms will be available in our dynasties, or would you have to restart your dynasty if you wanted to use them? Thankfully, I'm still only in the preseason of my Tulsa dynasty, so if need be, I could restart it to get this first round of new uniforms in it.

gschwendt
09-06-2012, 09:39 PM
Was it ever said if these uniforms will be available in our dynasties, or would you have to restart your dynasty if you wanted to use them? Thankfully, I'm still only in the preseason of my Tulsa dynasty, so if need be, I could restart it to get this first round of new uniforms in it.

They'll be in your dynasty without having to restart. In fact, default uniforms will default for these teams now.

SmoothPancakes
09-06-2012, 10:03 PM
They'll be in your dynasty without having to restart. In fact, default uniforms will default for these teams now.

Nice, I won't have to restart then. There were a couple teams in the free pack that I might consider going to if I get job offers from them in a couple seasons, so I was hoping their uniforms would be available in the dynasty without having to restart.

JBHuskers
09-06-2012, 10:15 PM
Not a huge uniform guy. I'll use what they give, but this is pretty damn cool.

baseballplyrmvp
09-06-2012, 10:38 PM
they should expand this for 14. put up nfl stadiums, other famous stadiums (i know they'd have to scan them, but it could lead to neutral site games), and even new offenses/defenses/formations, packages, and plays.

coogrfan
09-07-2012, 09:58 AM
So are all uniforms gonna require patches to put them in the store?.

Probably not. According to yesterday's podcast the purpose of the patch was to enable EA to include more uniforms in the free DL pack than they had initially intended. That shouldn't be an issue going forward.

gigemaggs99
09-07-2012, 11:06 AM

Cool, I've been waiting to start my offline dynasty with A&M since I wasn't sure if the unis would carry over. Similar to starting a dynasty with a different roster file or a CPB that is then later changed, the saved dynasty will still use the older roster and it will still look for the CPB.

So if the new A&M unis will be in an existing dynasty I'll go ahead and start it up.

SmoothPancakes
09-07-2012, 06:27 PM
Probably not. According to yesterday's podcast the purpose of the patch was to enable EA to include more uniforms in the free DL pack than they had initially intended. That shouldn't be an issue going forward.

That's good then. I was hoping they wouldn't have to release a patch for each time they release uniforms, since they should be focusing on game fixes in the patches, and I figured the Uniform Store was to enable them to put out uniforms without having to go through the processes with Sony and MS.

JBHuskers
09-07-2012, 06:46 PM
That's good then. I was hoping they wouldn't have to release a patch for each time they release uniforms, since they should be focusing on game fixes in the patches, and I figured the Uniform Store was to enable them to put out uniforms without having to go through the processes with Sony and MS.

Especially since after 1 or 2 patches, it costs to produce more, as MS & Sony charge. So that is definitely good from a cost perspective.

gigemaggs99
09-08-2012, 11:58 PM
I didn't realize the helmets where matte :))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJfzm67LFsM&feature=player_embedded

Gig 'Em! :up: