PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Router Recommendations?

CLW
04-13-2012, 08:55 AM
Last night my puppy some how managed to get a hold of the power cord which was hidden underneath my couch from her kennel. The router was like 7+ years old but worked fine but unfortunately, I now need a new one.

Any of you guys have any recommendations on a wireless router I should get/use? Any particular specs that are helpful to know for gaming on my PS3.

As always any help will be greatly appreciated!

skipwondah33
04-13-2012, 09:34 AM
This is what I'm rolling with now. Router (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833124412&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-Networking-_-NA-_-NA)

Simple for what I need it to do. My old WGT54 failed after about 7 years.

I'll eventually get something better for my home network down the road.

baseballplyrmvp
04-13-2012, 09:46 AM
linksys/cisco products are very good. i would highly recommend their stuff before you even consider touching netgear products.

CLW
04-13-2012, 09:50 AM
Yeah my previous router was a linksys and never really had any issues with it other than it wasn't apparently dog proof.

JBHuskers
04-13-2012, 12:41 PM
linksys/cisco products are very good. i would highly recommend their stuff before you even consider touching netgear products.

Yeah my previous router was a linksys and never really had any issues with it other than it wasn't apparently dog proof.

:+1: