PDA

View Full Version : TW13 *Possible Glitch* Verification

natcret
03-30-2012, 05:05 PM
I ran across something the other night when I was practicing my short game at the practice facility. I don't have the ability to take screenshots or upload video (hopefully soon). I will try to outline what I have discovered and ask if others are seeing the same thing. This may or may not be a glitch, and could have very well been implemented by design.

1. Go to practice facility and select the short game area.

2. When your screen comes up, go ahead and go to your swing view (Press A on 360, X on the PS3).

3. Now, using your D-pad on the 360 (D-buttons on PS3) press up so your club distance goes all the way out. In my case it is the 60 Degree Wedge, which goes out to 106 yards.

4. Now press down on the D-pad to bring you distance into minimum, which for me in this case is three feet, 4 inches below the cup. If yours is also like mine, you will see the angled horizontal bar (perfect swing pointer) that separates the underswing from an overswing approximately slightly below knee level.

Now here is where I see some discrepancies, and the reason for the post:

1. Push the D-pad up so you aim distance goes out about 3 yards then press down to go back to your minimum distance. You will see (or in my case), it stops at one yard, 4 inches below the cup. NOW BEFORE ALL YOU MATH MAJORS STEP IN, I know that 3 feet = 1 Yard. However, the issue is that the perfect swing pointer (the break between overswing and underswing) is now above the knees.

2. Now if you push the up on the D-pad so you only go out 1 yard (i.e., one yard to two yard) and then press down to minimum, you will see that your aiming distance will go back to one yard, however, your inches below the cup will go from 4 to 5, which raises your pefect swing pointer even higher. I have even had a situation where I have gone out two yards, and when I tried to go back to 1 yard, it would stay at two yards.

My question is could this little glitch possibly throw off swing percentages, especially when setting up for lower yardage range shots? What I mean by "throwing off" is the location of the perfect swing indicator, unless this was puposely done by design to throw a random factor into the swing game. And if that is the case, cool.

Regards,

Nat