PDA

View Full Version : Coins?

CLW
03-30-2012, 02:39 PM
So through playing through the first week I have accumulated roughly 20K in coins. So..... what should I do with them? I know you can buy packs and what not but wasn't sure if they could be used to buy additional courses permanently or what.

I have the collector's edition as well so I wasn't sure if there were any courses I didn't already have access to.

gschwendt
03-30-2012, 02:49 PM
So through playing through the first week I have accumulated roughly 20K in coins. So..... what should I do with them? I know you can buy packs and what not but wasn't sure if they could be used to buy additional courses permanently or what.

I have the collector's edition as well so I wasn't sure if there were any courses I didn't already have access to.Yes. You can purchase DLC courses outright for 18,000 coins or you can buy them in packs with coins. There's an 11 course pack for 150,000 coins. There's definitely still some courses that aren't included in the Collector's Edition.

JBHuskers
03-30-2012, 03:03 PM
Yes. You can purchase DLC courses outright for 18,000 coins or you can buy them in packs with coins. There's an 11 course pack for 150,000 coins. There's definitely still some courses that aren't included in the Collector's Edition.

A little over a dozen I think.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

psusnoop
03-30-2012, 03:22 PM
I think I'm going to try to see how many I can collect till season two in our league.

JBHuskers
03-30-2012, 03:30 PM
I'm just going to buy courses I don't have once I reach 18k. Then after I get all the courses I'll buy the Pin Packs to try to collect every hole from every course.

natcret
03-30-2012, 04:09 PM
Speaking of Pin packs, has anyone used them yet?

CLW
03-30-2012, 04:11 PM
Yes. You can purchase DLC courses outright for 18,000 coins or you can buy them in packs with coins. There's an 11 course pack for 150,000 coins. There's definitely still some courses that aren't included in the Collector's Edition.

Cool. I remembered you could "rent rounds" but I wasn't sure if you could buy/keep courses. I'll probably just do that. LOL guess I need to figure out which courses I already have so I don't buy a course I already have. :fp:

JBHuskers
03-30-2012, 04:13 PM
Cool. I remembered you could "rent rounds" but I wasn't sure if you could buy/keep courses. I'll probably just do that. LOL guess I need to figure out which courses I already have so I don't buy a course I already have. :fp:

Basically, you can rent the rounds and master the course in six tries (costing you 24K), or buy the course outright (costing you 18K), and unfortunately it only works this way on the PS3 it seems (buying the courses outright).

When you rent rounds and get the gold mastery, you'll get unlimited access to the course.

CLW
03-30-2012, 04:17 PM
Basically, you can rent the rounds and master the course in six tries (costing you 24K), or buy the course outright (costing you 18K), and unfortunately it only works this way on the PS3 it seems (buying the courses outright).

When you rent rounds and get the gold mastery, you'll get unlimited access to the course.

LOL so its the classic its better to save than splurge EA is teaching us?

JBHuskers
03-30-2012, 04:19 PM
Speaking of coins...I have posted this Coin Course Buying Guide here for those who are in TGA - http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?4827-Your-TGA-Tiger-13-Course-Buying-Guide

natcret
03-30-2012, 04:22 PM
Speaking of coins...I have posted this Coin Course Buying Guide here for those who are in TGA - http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?4827-Your-TGA-Tiger-13-Course-Buying-Guide

Thanks JB

Kingpin32
03-30-2012, 06:10 PM
How do you get so many coins?

gschwendt
03-30-2012, 06:20 PM
How do you get so many coins?

I usually get around 600 per round... That plus bonuses like playing 4 days in a row and being in the cc. Takes awhile to build up but certainly not too hard.

JBHuskers
03-30-2012, 07:07 PM
Plus weekly Country Club bonuses too. Seemed like I got a 4000 coin bonus at the end of the last week.

Plus EA dropped a nice 7200 coin bonus for Tiger's 72 win last weekend.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

SCClassof93
04-17-2012, 03:56 AM
I got the game a week after release. Been playing around work and time with the wife non stop :). Just hit 70000 coins. Think I will wait until 150k and get the 11 course pack. Save over 4300 coin per course :cool:

JBHuskers
04-17-2012, 01:18 PM
I got the game a week after release. Been playing around work and time with the wife non stop :). Just hit 70000 coins. Think I will wait until 150k and get the 11 course pack. Save over 4300 coin per course :cool:

Yeah if you're that close. I'm not minding going one at a time, getting them for 18k. Eventually I'll have more coins than I'll know what to do with once I get all the courses, then it's on to pin packs....so it'll keep the game more interesting over time trying to collect all the pins. I don't want to buy any pin packs that give you all 18 pins either...I wanna try to earn them through the regular course pin packs.

SCClassof93
04-17-2012, 03:58 PM
Yeah if you're that close. I'm not minding going one at a time, getting them for 18k. Eventually I'll have more coins than I'll know what to do with once I get all the courses, then it's on to pin packs....so it'll keep the game more interesting over time trying to collect all the pins. I don't want to buy any pin packs that give you all 18 pins either...I wanna try to earn them through the regular course pin packs.

Don't we have to do it that way to get the secret ea course? Think I saw we have to gold master 11 dl courses? Maybe I am wrong?