PDA

View Full Version : Tailgate Golf CC - Country Club Forum

Pages : [1] 2

JBHuskers
03-25-2012, 09:34 PM
http://cdn.content.easports.com/easw_club11/images/431A0001/logo/big/8/4.png

I figured we could just start a new thread to talk about our country club. The tournaments going on, schedule online matches, etc.

I have created a weekly tournament to start tomorrow at 11am that will feature the settings that we will have in our league this year. It'll be good practice to get you used to the settings. It'll be played at Pebble Beach.

I'll also keep setting up daily tournaments too. Those will sometimes range from amateur settings to trying the tournament difficulty here an there.

Hope you're having fun with the game so far!

HOW TO SIGNUP FOR THE GAMING TAILGATE COUNTRY CLUB (PS3 & 360):

http://www.easports.com/tiger-woods/country-clubs

Name - Tailgate Golf CC

Password - tga13

bdoughty
03-26-2012, 03:48 AM
How does one join such an esteemed club and is this 360 or PS3?

Been too busy playing the game and have not even looked at this feature.

whitehippo24
03-26-2012, 08:38 AM
With the weekly tournament that ends today, is it set to league settings? I've only played the 1st 2 rounds, and I'm
already at -18. This is with a created golfer who's stats are between 50-55.

JBHuskers
03-26-2012, 08:46 AM
How does one join such an esteemed club and is this 360 or PS3?

Been too busy playing the game and have not even looked at this feature.

Either or. We have 10 members currently on PS3 and 4 on 360. Signup info is now on the first post.

With the weekly tournament that ends today, is it set to league settings? I've only played the 1st 2 rounds, and I'm
already at -18. This is with a created golfer who's stats are between 50-55.

I don't think those were league settings. I am not 100% sure. The next weekly I have set up at Pebble Beach is on the league settings.

whitehippo24
03-26-2012, 04:46 PM
Just finished tue 1st weekly tournament at Royal County Down & I shot a -37 for all 4 rounds.

CLW
03-26-2012, 10:14 PM
Just finished my Daily Club tourny and I tied Snoops -14. I noted the tie breaker also has us both at 1,440 for both of us as well. WTF is the next tie breaker?

JBHuskers
03-26-2012, 10:55 PM
I'll try my best to keep the daily tournaments going every day. Those will be a mix of easy amateur and sometimes I'll make it a bitch for the fun of it. :D

Weekly tourneys will be reserved for league.

bdoughty
03-27-2012, 12:31 AM
Just finished tue 1st weekly tournament at Royal County Down & I shot a -37 for all 4 rounds.

I see a lot of second place or worse results in my future. :blush: Your score would not have been so disheartening if you were playing with Tiger or a fully leveled up golfer. 2 rounds in and I am barely under par, also using a created player with an average near 50.

JB, what exactly is the thinking behind rain and fast conditions? That is no juicy contradiction for my putting. ;)

JBHuskers
03-27-2012, 12:37 AM
If you have friends who play the game, definitely invite them to join the CC. The more we have play....the more we get in terms of coin bonuses and etc. to help purchase the DLC.

psusnoop
03-27-2012, 06:45 AM
Well the Pebble Beach Tourney I'm going to be out of, during my round I lost connection with the PSN and even once I connected at the end it said/asked me to reconnect to EA which I tried but it just timed out and froze up my PS3. I'm not sure if I will be allowed to replay round 1 or not :fp:

CLW, BOO on matching the -14 hahaha. I missed a 4ft putt on one of the last 3 holes and said to myself then "that's going to cost me" lol.

CLW
03-27-2012, 07:22 AM
Well the Pebble Beach Tourney I'm going to be out of, during my round I lost connection with the PSN and even once I connected at the end it said/asked me to reconnect to EA which I tried but it just timed out and froze up my PS3. I'm not sure if I will be allowed to replay round 1 or not :fp:

CLW, BOO on matching the -14 hahaha. I missed a 4ft putt on one of the last 3 holes and said to myself then "that's going to cost me" lol.

LOL yeah I also missed an Eagle put on the last Par 5 that fell 2 inches short. :smh:

JBHuskers
03-27-2012, 08:36 AM
For the PS3 players...have fun with today's daily. I accidentally had the green grid turned off :D

I hate that it defaults to off on the setup.

psusnoop
03-27-2012, 09:07 AM
For the PS3 players...have fun with today's daily. I accidentally had the green grid turned off :D

I hate that it defaults to off on the setup.

HAHA that should be interesting.

Hey G and JB have you guys mentioned or asked Justin why on Early Access you can't play someone that has a disk?

JBHuskers
03-27-2012, 09:15 AM
HAHA that should be interesting.

Hey G and JB have you guys mentioned or asked Justin why on Early Access you can't play someone that has a disk?

Just the way it's designed, none of the titles in Season Ticket allow it.

steelerfan
03-27-2012, 10:39 AM
Just the way it's designed, none of the titles in Season Ticket allow it.

Did disc guys already have the patch? Maybe that's why?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

gschwendt
03-27-2012, 10:52 AM
Did disc guys already have the patch? Maybe that's why?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using TapatalkYeah, we did get that on Friday I believe... good point. Still pretty lame all the same. I wonder if the 360 users experienced the same thing seeing as how they haven't gotten the patch yet I don't believe.

psusnoop
03-27-2012, 11:22 AM
Yeah, we did get that on Friday I believe... good point. Still pretty lame all the same. I wonder if the 360 users experienced the same thing seeing as how they haven't gotten the patch yet I don't believe.

That is pretty lame, seeing how I always enjoy getting games (NCAA mostly) in with you guys early like we were talking about last night G this stinks.

Kingpin32
03-27-2012, 02:13 PM
Currently getting gamefaced lol. It's a longer process than I thought it would be.

Kingpin32
03-27-2012, 03:22 PM
I really gotta learn how to swing properly.

JBHuskers
03-27-2012, 03:34 PM
I really gotta learn how to swing properly.

That's what she said.

Kingpin32
03-27-2012, 03:39 PM
That's what she said.

:easy:

natcret
03-27-2012, 06:03 PM
JB,

Just purchased the game today and after install, I see that it already recognized me as being a part og the TGCC. I think that is pretty cool.

Are we supposed to start playing in the daily tourneys, or do we play those at our leisure?

psusnoop
03-28-2012, 07:05 AM
JB,

Just purchased the game today and after install, I see that it already recognized me as being a part og the TGCC. I think that is pretty cool.

Are we supposed to start playing in the daily tourneys, or do we play those at our leisure?

The daily ones are at our leisure, no need to feel pressured to play those or even the weekly's right now.

skipwondah33
03-28-2012, 09:27 AM
G cheated if he really shot a -35 on that one tourney in the CC right now :D

gschwendt
03-28-2012, 09:34 AM
G cheated if he really shot a -35 on that one tourney in the CC right now :DWell, I did have a week's headstart on you guys. My guy's power is around 88 or so plus I have some extra equipment unlocked which boosts it a bit more. That and I'm just that awesome.

CLW
03-28-2012, 09:58 AM
Well, I did have a week's headstart on you guys. My guy's power is around 88 or so plus I have some extra equipment unlocked which boosts it a bit more. That and I'm just that awesome.

Well that I guess explains some of your scores. I think I am low 60s right now across the board (with the exception of the draw/fade which is at the minimum right now)

However, if those are the scores you are posting IMHO we are going to need to beef up the swing difficulty. Honestly, I rarely if EVER hit a bad shot on the settings we are currently using. Its just a matter of aiming/adjusting for the wind and whether you are shooting uphill or downhill. Putting seems pretty fair with green grid on but no putt preview.

skipwondah33
03-28-2012, 10:45 AM
However, if those are the scores you are posting IMHO we are going to need to beef up the swing difficulty. Honestly, I rarely if EVER hit a bad shot on the settings we are currently using. Its just a matter of aiming/adjusting for the wind and whether you are shooting uphill or downhill. Putting seems pretty fair with green grid on but no putt preview.

Basically..which is why I don't care for Swing meter being on..it really just messes me up more than anything. It tells you where to stop according to where your the marker is. My guy is 60's across the board except power is at 72

I haven't shanked a shot yet...in fact I played with my guy immediately after creating him the first time and had no problems with swing or accuracy other than power.

JBHuskers
03-28-2012, 12:42 PM
Today's daily is pure Tour Pro w/ hard swing difficulty at Royal Birkdale.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Kingpin32
03-28-2012, 02:14 PM
I think my thumb equilibrium is off.

gschwendt
03-28-2012, 07:06 PM
Today's daily is pure Tour Pro w/ hard swing difficulty at Royal Birkdale.

I finished at -3 (currently the leader) but I left so many shots out there it's ridiculous. Four bogeys plus some birdies I should have picked up.

whitehippo24
03-28-2012, 07:14 PM
Is pretty much everyone on PS3? Haven't had but 1-2 other people compete in any of the 360 Tournaments.

gschwendt
03-28-2012, 07:17 PM
Is pretty much everyone on PS3? Haven't had but 1-2 other people compete in any of the 360 Tournaments.

Certainly the majority are though I know there are a few 360 guys. As well, I believe JB plans to get it for 360.

natcret
03-28-2012, 07:20 PM

I just got the game and I am getting used to it. Should be ready by the weekend for some competition play.

whitehippo24
03-28-2012, 09:43 PM
Well I just finished the Weekly Tournament at Pebble Beach on Xbox & shot a -31.
My Golfer's Skills:
Power 60
Accuracy 65
Workability 35
Spin 40
Recovery 55
Putting 65

Could put up some seriously ridiculous scores once I get better a better skill set.

Kingpin32
03-28-2012, 09:47 PM
I was having a good round in the daily tournament until I shot a +7 on a hole. Then that just messed my whole mood up.

skipwondah33
03-28-2012, 09:49 PM
G cheated if he really shot a -35 on that one tourney in the CC right now :D

Lol I thought that score was from 1 round..it said through 18. -35 is attainable hell had I not played with my guy with default ratings think I could have scored better first round..and 2nd for that matter

JBHuskers
03-28-2012, 11:44 PM
Don't think I will catch G in the weekly. Putting is off tonight.

psusnoop
03-29-2012, 06:19 AM
I finished at -3 (currently the leader) but I left so many shots out there it's ridiculous. Four bogeys plus some birdies I should have picked up.

I finished tied with JB, just couldn't make a putt. -2

CLW
03-29-2012, 07:42 AM
LOVED the daily settings as it made it much more challenging to hit solid approach shots to greens and putting was difficult as well. Ended with -1 as I just couldn't find the magic with the putter.

psusnoop
03-29-2012, 07:59 AM
LOVED the daily settings as it made it much more challenging to hit solid approach shots to greens and putting was difficult as well. Ended with -1 as I just couldn't find the magic with the putter.

That putter and the greens were just tough enough to be slightly off. I had fun playing that round, I had a bogey on #17 par 5 that really had my motor going as I missed a 6 foot par putt after shanking one in the trap and having to really just focus on getting it out verse getting it close.

These are the kind of rounds I REALLY want to see in our league. I want to see even par to -5 rounds, but I fear as our golfers get better these numbers may turn into -9 to -12 range quickly. Luckily though I hope we can all keep an open mind and make changes we see these numbers to keep this game challenging yet fun for everyone.

psuexv
03-29-2012, 08:02 AM
I had a bogey on #17 par 5 that really had my motor going as I missed a 6 foot par putt after shanking one in the trap and having to really just focus on getting it out verse getting it close.

I was doing pretty well until I took the max shots on #17 :fp: I need to go and practice chipping, I kept sending it over the green on the other side.

psuexv
03-29-2012, 08:04 AM
Is it just me doing something wrong or can you not view any results for the CC on the website

psusnoop
03-29-2012, 08:07 AM
I was doing pretty well until I took the max shots on #17 :fp: I need to go and practice chipping, I kept sending it over the green on the other side.

I didn't notice your name in there last night psuexv, but I did see a generic name as someone shot a +11. Was that you?

psusnoop
03-29-2012, 08:08 AM
Is it just me doing something wrong or can you not view any results for the CC on the website

I have no idea either, it just shows the settings. Be nice to see more information from the web but I don't think you can. As it stands now it just shows pretty basic information.

psusnoop
03-29-2012, 08:10 AM
Also the "RANK" and number associated with it, what is that on the web?

I see the #17 on mine, but I also only see 11 members for our country club. Certainly that isn't overall rank is it? I'm confused.

psuexv
03-29-2012, 08:11 AM
I didn't notice your name in there last night psuexv, but I did see a generic name as someone shot a +11. Was that you?

No KP was +11, I think I ended at +12. I was done before you got on so I should have been there. When I was done, G and Skip where -3, JB -2, Rustee +8 and then me and KP.

psusnoop
03-29-2012, 08:12 AM
No KP was +11, I think I ended at +12. I was done before you got on so I should have been there. When I was done, G and Skip where -3, JB -2, Rustee +8 and then me and KP.

OK, maybe it just showed the Top 5 then "in-game" or something to that affect. Which I guess makes sense because it shows 6 when playing your career including yourself if I'm not mistaken.

JDFlakes
03-29-2012, 08:39 AM
I was one of those CC members that didn't import my XP from TW12....thus I am collecting it the old-fashion way by working on my career and playing CC daily tournament. I am having a tough time getting my tempo down on chips and putting.... I also really like the Augusta practice facility and the ability to spot your ball. Thanks to JB for setting up the CC tourneys. Rustee

psusnoop
03-29-2012, 08:42 AM
I was one of those CC members that didn't import my XP from TW12....thus I am collecting it the old-fashion way by working on my career and playing CC daily tournament. I am having a tough time getting my tempo down on chips and putting.... I also really like the Augusta practice facility and the ability to spot your ball. Thanks to JB for setting up the CC tourneys. Rustee

Big props JB, much appreciated!!

That practice facility is really sweet and was a much needed aspect of the game in my opinion.

whitehippo24
03-29-2012, 08:54 AM
Anyone know if they plan on updating the website so we can see scores? Wanted go see what I shot in the daily to compare against some of the PS3 guys. Guess I'll just have to wait until I'm off work.

psuexv
03-29-2012, 09:03 AM
Anyone know if they plan on updating the website so we can see scores? Wanted go see what I shot in the daily to compare against some of the PS3 guys. Guess I'll just have to wait until I'm off work.

I would really hope so. As it is now the website is pretty much useless.

psuexv
03-29-2012, 09:04 AM

Here's how it stood when I was done last night. And Snoop said he shot -2 as well.

psusnoop
03-29-2012, 09:08 AM
I would really hope so. As it is now the website is pretty much useless.

Agreed, it needs some love too instead of a bland look and feel :nod;

JDFlakes
03-29-2012, 09:18 AM
I agree with the CC web site comments. I checked this a.m. to see scores....and only got to see my ranking in the club (6th place). Practice, practice, practice.....tempo, tempo, tempo.

JBHuskers
03-29-2012, 10:25 AM
I'm setting up the Live Tournaments for today. Today will be easiest settings, tomorrow we'll go the hardest settings with Tournament difficulty :)

whitehippo24
03-29-2012, 10:34 AM
Ready for the hardest one. Haven't tried Tournament difficulty.

JBHuskers
03-29-2012, 11:05 AM
That putter and the greens were just tough enough to be slightly off. I had fun playing that round, I had a bogey on #17 par 5 that really had my motor going as I missed a 6 foot par putt after shanking one in the trap and having to really just focus on getting it out verse getting it close.

These are the kind of rounds I REALLY want to see in our league. I want to see even par to -5 rounds, but I fear as our golfers get better these numbers may turn into -9 to -12 range quickly. Luckily though I hope we can all keep an open mind and make changes we see these numbers to keep this game challenging yet fun for everyone.

I'm tempted to make it pure tour pro....

skipwondah33
03-29-2012, 11:10 AM
The start of every round I struggle because I have to get use to the meter being there since I play without it when playing offline. Once I get use to it again I putt well and hit the ball well in general. My Driving is usually always perfect regardless.

ryby6969
03-29-2012, 11:32 AM
I am trying to fight the urge of going and getting this game. :(

psusnoop
03-29-2012, 11:43 AM

Don't fight it, just roll with it :D

ryby6969
03-29-2012, 11:47 AM
The problem is I know time will become an issue even when my classes end in a few weeks. Football conditioning will be starting up and then once NCAA releases I will just be playing that unless it is just a complete disaster.

psusnoop
03-29-2012, 11:55 AM
The problem is I know time will become an issue even when my classes end in a few weeks. Football conditioning will be starting up and then once NCAA releases I will just be playing that unless it is just a complete disaster.

I agree with NCAA and understand Football and all but this game has lasting power that doesn't take up much time once your golfer is set up. If only to build a golfer and compete in the weekly's then your really only looking at just over and Hour and half to get your 4 rounds in. It may take 2 depending on how difficult the settings are.

Something to think about :dunno:

ryby6969
03-29-2012, 12:05 PM
Yeah, but once Football starts it is 5 days a week conditioning, and in August classes start back up on top of 40 hour work weeks and a 2 year old. Not to mention I work at between 3am and 5am every day but one. That is what happened with Tiger last year.

JBHuskers
03-29-2012, 12:09 PM

Don't fight it, just roll with it :D

:+1:

psuexv
03-29-2012, 12:15 PM
My Driving is usually always perfect regardless.

Yeah I haven't hit a bad drive yet. Maybe with some wind it will be different but it's going to be won and lost on the greens this year.

JBHuskers
03-29-2012, 12:18 PM
For those playing TGA, please vote:

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?4817-Please-Vote-Normal-or-Hard-Swing-Difficulty

psusnoop
03-29-2012, 12:21 PM
For those playing TGA, please vote:

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?4817-Please-Vote-Normal-or-Hard-Swing-Difficulty

Done

psusnoop
03-29-2012, 12:21 PM
Yeah I haven't hit a bad drive yet. Maybe with some wind it will be different but it's going to be won and lost on the greens this year.

I agree, drive for show, putt for dough :D

Kingpin32
03-29-2012, 12:22 PM
I'm getting better at swinging on pro. The only thing that still sucks is my putting. I should up the difficulty on Hard and see how that goes.

whitehippo24
03-29-2012, 04:42 PM
Weren't kidding about today's tournament being easy. Had 1 bogey & still shot a -16.

natcret
03-29-2012, 05:32 PM
Weren't kidding about today's tournament being easy. Had 1 bogey & still shot a -16.

I really feel intimidated now. In two rounds, I have not been able to get under Par. My FIR and GIR has gotten better but I am still struggling with the new putting aspects of the game and my short game.

whitehippo24
03-29-2012, 06:22 PM
I've gotten a lot better around & on the green. Makes a huge difference. The more you play the better you'll get.

JBHuskers
03-29-2012, 06:33 PM

Just wait til tomorrow :)

whitehippo24
03-29-2012, 08:39 PM
Just wait til tomorrow :)

I looked at the settings. Going to be brutal. Going to try and up my stats real quick with my 10X XP boost pin.

psuexv
03-30-2012, 08:08 AM
JB - after the rounds last night we might have to set up a best ball or alternate shot tourney for the league, that was a lot of fun. Until Snoop forgot how to swing :D

skipwondah33
03-30-2012, 08:32 AM
Pretty sure I left atleast 6 birdie/eagle putts under a foot short of the cup in last night's tourney.

Trying to go off that F'in meter

Just try a tourney without it

JDFlakes
03-30-2012, 09:09 AM
Damn....I felt proud of my -8 in yesterday's tourney..........until I saw the other scores !!! :fp:

psusnoop
03-30-2012, 09:44 AM
JB - after the rounds last night we might have to set up a best ball or alternate shot tourney for the league, that was a lot of fun. Until Snoop forgot how to swing :D

me?*?%&* you started that mess in the second tourney missing that 4' birdie to halve the first hole :fp; that started a downward spiral that we couldn't overcome :D:D

I really wish I could have gotten that flop shot off, I'm still really struggling getting those to work the way they should/I want.

JBHuskers
03-30-2012, 10:20 AM
Both Saturday and Sunday daily tournaments will be with what we voted on for league settings, pure Tour Pro.

I think the 360 weekly ends on Sunday, I'll start both at the same time either on Monday or Tuesday of next week.

CLW
03-30-2012, 04:16 PM
Couldn't catch G in the weekly but I did get my first Ace on 12 in the Final Round for the Silver Trophy.

LOL i just noticed one of the hidden Tiger trophies is whiff the ball.

natcret
03-30-2012, 04:24 PM
If any of the 360 players are around over the weekend, hit me up if you see me online and want to play. I can't putt worth a damn, but I am digging the game.

CLW
03-30-2012, 04:27 PM
Do we not see the 360 guys scores on PS3 and vice versa?

gschwendt
03-30-2012, 04:52 PM
Do we not see the 360 guys scores on PS3 and vice versa?No... we have separate water fountains too. Desegregation hasn't hit Tiger Woods.

JBHuskers
03-30-2012, 04:53 PM
Do we not see the 360 guys scores on PS3 and vice versa?

Nope. I'll have to go in once the league gets going and get the scores myself through the console.

natcret
03-30-2012, 05:57 PM
I looked at the settings. Going to be brutal. Going to try and up my stats real quick with my 10X XP boost pin.

Doing my first daily with the TGCC at Sawgrass...Let's just Mama says those settings are the Devil!.....

JBHuskers
03-30-2012, 05:58 PM
Doing my first daily with the TGCC at Sawgrass...Let's just Mama says those settings are the Devil!.....

On purpose :D

This weekend, they will be on pure Tour Pro.

whitehippo24
03-30-2012, 06:21 PM
Shot a +8. Should've been a +2. Hit my tee shot on the fringe of the green on 17 & the game registered it as in the water. Of course my next to go in the water giving ms a +6 on the hole. Got freaking hosed.

JBHuskers
03-30-2012, 07:26 PM
For those who don't have the achievement yet, Monday's daily will be on the easy amateur settings and from the ladie's tees :D

The next weeklies are set up to start on Tuesday for both systems and it will have the same settings.

This weekend's daily's will be on league settings, pure Tour Pro.

whitehippo24
03-30-2012, 07:36 PM
What are the PS3 guys shooting on the tournament at Sawgrass today?

JBHuskers
03-30-2012, 08:08 PM

Gschwendt shot a +24, Rustee_Irons shot a +14, that's all that has done it so far.

I just got in the clubhouse with a +4. I quadrupled a hole early, got it down to +1. Had a bogey on the back nine then on the island green, I hit the front barrier of the green with my tee shot and of course it's basically made of rock so it skyrockets over the green into the water and I had to settle with a double bogey. I got a par on 18 to finish up at +4.

skipwondah33
03-30-2012, 08:47 PM

I finished Even Par. At one point I was -3, then double bogied on 17. Thing is I almost rolled in for an Ace..then I missed the 4 foot putt which rolled down the slope.

I play without swing meter all the time so that wasn't a problem just had to get use to reading the greens. My approach shots were solid, all but 2-3

whitehippo24
03-30-2012, 09:24 PM
No swing meter didn't bother me. Just misread a few putts. And got screwed on 17 or it would've been a +2 for me.

Kingpin32
03-30-2012, 09:33 PM
I forgot how frustrated I get when playing Tiger Woods lol. The main thing that gets me is my approaches and my putts with all of overswinging. And not to mention fading and drawing and shanking drives cause I can't flick straight upwards.

JBHuskers
03-30-2012, 09:46 PM
Just bought my 2nd course with coins.

psuexv
03-30-2012, 10:26 PM
Gschwendt shot a +24,

What???

JBHuskers
03-31-2012, 02:10 AM
THREE aces in the same round at the Augusta Par 3 tonight :up: -12

JDFlakes
03-31-2012, 08:33 AM
Sawgrass -- I saw grass....I saw rough...lots of rough....I saw lots of three and four putts..... I yelled, I cursed, I called JB bad names A +14 will do that to a guy. Rustee

steelerfan
03-31-2012, 08:44 AM
I called JB bad names

:))

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

CLW
03-31-2012, 09:04 AM
I STRONGLY dislike not having a green grid nor a swing meter. It cost me literally a stroke on every hole at least. There simply is no way to to read the greens or judge the strength you need to hit the putter with once you decide where to "aim".

I'll mess around with it but if those are the settings for the TGT I'm probably out as I don't want to have to spend 2+ hours playing a round of video game golf.

gschwendt
03-31-2012, 09:48 AM
I'll mess around with it but if those are the settings for the TGT I'm probably out as I don't want to have to spend 2+ hours playing a round of video game golf.No... that was just JB's test of will for us. He wanted to see how many of us were stupid enough to play that round and actually post our scores. I haven't seen the final standings but from the sounds of things, I might be the dumbest one to post mine.

natcret
03-31-2012, 11:30 AM
Gschwendt shot a +24, Rustee_Irons shot a +14, that's all that has done it so far.

I just got in the clubhouse with a +4. I quadrupled a hole early, got it down to +1. Had a bogey on the back nine then on the island green, I hit the front barrier of the green with my tee shot and of course it's basically made of rock so it skyrockets over the green into the water and I had to settle with a double bogey. I got a par on 18 to finish up at +4.

I will let all of you guys off the hook. +49 for me.

JDFlakes
03-31-2012, 12:28 PM
Nat... hang in their CC buddy.....more fun to come this season !!!! Rustee_Irons

JBHuskers
03-31-2012, 03:25 PM
I yelled, I cursed, I called JB bad names A +14 will do that to a guy. Rustee

:D

Trust me. Not the last time you see tournament difficulty. I was at least nice to you with the wind. I'll make it up to you on Monday. It's amateur and from the ladies tees.

Marlowe
03-31-2012, 06:19 PM

I'll make it up to you on Monday. It's amateur and from the ladies tees.

thanks!

whitehippo24
03-31-2012, 07:24 PM
Played like crap at Celtic Manor Tournament today, and only shot a -7.

natcret
03-31-2012, 08:42 PM
Nat... hang in their CC buddy.....more fun to come this season !!!! Rustee_Irons

Actually, I laughed my butt off.... The biggest issue was the putting... man that was hard. Other than that, I just need to catch up.

whitehippo24
03-31-2012, 08:47 PM
Actually, I laughed my butt off.... The biggest issue was the putting... man that was hard. Other than that, I just need to catch up.

Yea man, just keep at it. Low scores definitely come from how you play on & around the green. Get that down & you'll be good.

natcret
03-31-2012, 09:21 PM
BTW guys, I have started posting up information about the game (my own little labor of love). You guys can check it out over at http://forums.thrutheuprights.com/index.php?topic=703.0

natcret
03-31-2012, 11:02 PM
Posted up another item regarding golfer management and equipment:

http://forums.thrutheuprights.com/index.php?topic=704.0

skipwondah33
04-01-2012, 10:40 AM
I STRONGLY dislike not having a green grid nor a swing meter. It cost me literally a stroke on every hole at least. There simply is no way to to read the greens or judge the strength you need to hit the putter with once you decide where to "aim".
I actually would prefer to have both. By the 3rd hole I was fine without having the Grid on. I Overswing intentionally on putts so once I adjusted to the greens it was fine.

On another note I shot a -6 under on Celtic and accidentally discarded my round while I was changing som's diaper

JBHuskers
04-01-2012, 10:43 AM
There are some Club Pro daily tournaments coming up, but we need more members in order to get it. If you know anyone that plays on the PS3, get them in the Country Club!

JBHuskers
04-01-2012, 11:47 AM
Struggled in today's daily at Torrey Pines. Finished 18 with a birdie to get to -1.

whitehippo24
04-01-2012, 12:19 PM
If I can ever get past the loading screen freezing my Xbox I'll play today's tournament.

whitehippo24
04-01-2012, 12:46 PM
I had a tough go at Torrey Pines as well. Finished at -3.

Paakaa10
04-01-2012, 02:12 PM
Just joined the CC through the EA SPORTS site, looking at getting the game sometime this week. Excited to join in on these tournaments with everyone!

gschwendt
04-01-2012, 02:15 PM
Just joined the CC through the EA SPORTS site, looking at getting the game sometime this week. Excited to join in on these tournaments with everyone!

You should join through the console... There's a trophy for that.

Paakaa10
04-01-2012, 02:23 PM
You should join through the console... There's a trophy for that.

Ah, I see haha. Guess I'll have to un-join online and then re-join once I have the game in hand.

natcret
04-01-2012, 03:21 PM
I had a tough go at Torrey Pines as well. Finished at -3.

Played it today and ended up Even Par :))

JDFlakes
04-02-2012, 08:43 AM
I struggled on Torrey as I couldn't get my tempo down and ended up short of the green on my second shot many times +1 for me....

Paaka10 -- WELCOME TO THE CLUB.

skipwondah33
04-02-2012, 09:44 AM
Struggled in today's daily at Torrey Pines. Finished 18 with a birdie to get to -1.

I was -4 going to the 16th, then bogied it, 17 and 18 finsihing -1.

Need to start paying attention to course conditions, only thing I knew that it was raining.

gschwendt
04-02-2012, 09:49 AM
Not sure why everyone was struggling with yesterday's tournament... I finished -10 and that included a bogey on 18.

skipwondah33
04-02-2012, 09:55 AM
Not sure why everyone was struggling with yesterday's tournament... I finished -10 and that included a bogey on 18.Well I had strong head winds mostly during my round it seemed. My golfer only has a 73 power rating because I keep forgetting to go in and upgrade my skills lol

JBHuskers
04-02-2012, 11:23 AM
Enjoy the ladies tees today :easy:

JBHuskers
04-02-2012, 11:29 AM
Tuesday's Daily - Royal Country Down - Amateur / Boost Pins Allowed
Wednesday's Daily - TPC Scottsdale - Tour Pro / Expert Pins / No Boost Pins Allowed

JDFlakes
04-02-2012, 11:52 AM
I think I will change my attire for today's tournament and wear knickers !!!

JBHuskers
04-02-2012, 12:21 PM
I think I will change my attire for today's tournament and wear a skirt !!!

Fixed your post since we're playing from the ladie's tees.

skipwondah33
04-02-2012, 01:33 PM
Lets do another no Swing meter and Grid off tounrey lol

JBHuskers
04-02-2012, 01:42 PM
Lets do another no Swing meter and Grid off tounrey lol

It'll happen :nod: with gale force winds this time ;)

whitehippo24
04-02-2012, 02:43 PM
Not sure why everyone was struggling with yesterday's tournament... I finished -10 and that included a bogey on 18.

I hut all the greens well, just putter was slightly off causing me to 2 putt in places where I normally don't.

JBHuskers
04-02-2012, 02:49 PM
It'll be interesting to see how people do from the ladies tees today.

whitehippo24
04-02-2012, 04:28 PM
I've never been so disgusted with a -13. Killed it on everything, except putting. The change in speed to the meter threw my game way off. Had a Bogey, Double Bogey, & missed at least 4 Eagle putts.

JBHuskers
04-02-2012, 05:25 PM
Monday to Wednesday only, you can buy 6 rounds for the price of 3 at Waialae. That's 12000 coins, and you should be able to get a gold mastery in those six rounds to unlock unlimited rounds at the course.

natcret
04-02-2012, 06:08 PM
-10 for me today.

Thanks for the break, especially after my +49 debacle

gschwendt
04-02-2012, 06:49 PM
-29 for me today.

2 Aces, 11 total Eagles, 7 birdies, and a .944 putts per hole average :D

JDFlakes
04-03-2012, 08:32 AM
Seriously, -29? I don't think I have a shot of ever winning a club championship...:smh:

gschwendt
04-03-2012, 08:59 AM
Seriously, -29? I don't think I have a shot of ever winning a club championship...:smh:Well, having 90 power definitely helped... I drove many of the Par 4s in one and certainly all of the Par 5s in 2. Also having two hole-in-ones helped a lot.

whitehippo24
04-03-2012, 05:02 PM
After last two daily tournaments, I can definitely say I won't be playing anymore of the Easy ones. All it ends up doing is screwing me up in the putting department when I return to League Settings.

CLW
04-04-2012, 07:18 AM
Sorry I've been slackin' lately guys I had my mother, aunt and nephew in town for the past few days. I should be back up and running tonight.

psusnoop
04-04-2012, 08:37 AM
After last two daily tournaments, I can definitely say I won't be playing anymore of the Easy ones. All it ends up doing is screwing me up in the putting department when I return to League Settings.

I haven't played any of the easy ones yet but time hasn't really been on my side either.

skipwondah33
04-04-2012, 11:57 AM
I've never been so disgusted with a -13. Killed it on everything, except putting. The change in speed to the meter threw my game way off. Had a Bogey, Double Bogey, & missed at least 4 Eagle putts.Yep. I probably won't play in any tourney's with those settings again. Following that damn meter it wanted me to bring the club back completely for putts, even those that I was a foot next to the cup. Needless to say I short putted several putts.

JBHuskers
04-04-2012, 12:10 PM
You guys have to learn how to be versatile! :D :P

JDFlakes
04-04-2012, 12:15 PM
Versatile -- capable of or adapted for turning easily from one to another of various tasks, fields of endeavor, etc.: a versatile golfer. Kinda like gschwendt:nod:

psuexv
04-04-2012, 12:16 PM
Versatile -- capable of or adapted for turning easily from one to another of various tasks, fields of endeavor, etc.: a versatile golfer. Kinda like gschwendt:nod:

Not if you would see him putting in our rounds lately :D

gschwendt
04-04-2012, 12:28 PM
Not if you would see him putting in our rounds lately :DYeah, that took me about 27 holes to get back in the swing of things but I owned the last 9 to win that second round.

psuexv
04-04-2012, 02:27 PM
Yeah, that took me about 27 holes to get back in the swing of things but I owned the last 9 to win that second round.

That you did

JBHuskers
04-04-2012, 02:28 PM
Well you'll be pleased that today and tomorrow's daily's are league settings.

skipwondah33
04-04-2012, 04:50 PM
You guys have to learn how to be versatile! :D :P

Nah I don't like Easy..which is why I would like the swing meter off. I've been adjusting to playing with it and fast settings then we go down to the dumb down settings

JDFlakes
04-04-2012, 07:32 PM
I, for one, am looking forward to the regular season and playing the tournaments. I enjoy looking at the scores....I hope that I can hook up with some of you to play the tourneys.... Again, thanks to JB for all his work.

JDFlakes
04-05-2012, 08:36 AM
I am surprised that we don't have more CC members playing in the daily tournaments that JB has set up. It provides for a way to gain experience while helping the club membership. Rustee

JBHuskers
04-05-2012, 05:13 PM
Anyone going to Play The Pros at the Masters this week? I'm going to do one a day to follow along to see how I do.

JBHuskers
04-05-2012, 07:07 PM
Shot even par on the front 9 at The Masters, but a -5 on the back nine to pull even with Lee Westwood for the opening round lead. I'll play round two tomorrow night.

JBHuskers
04-05-2012, 07:54 PM
Upcoming Live Tournaments

Friday - Bethpage Black - League Settings
Saturday - Augusta - Amateur Settings
Sunday - Augusta - League Settings
Monday - Crooked Creek - Ladie's Tee Special

JDFlakes
04-06-2012, 08:32 AM
Curious to see how far along the CC members are in building their golfer -- my power is at 72 and the rest of the attributes are between 69 and 70, except for putting which is at 80. Rustee

JBHuskers
04-06-2012, 10:10 AM
Curious to see how far along the CC members are in building their golfer -- my power is at 72 and the rest of the attributes are between 69 and 70, except for putting which is at 80. Rustee

My Power is a 96 and my putting is I think a 75. Everything else is still pretty low.

gschwendt
04-06-2012, 10:18 AM
My power is at a 91 I believe and everything else is in the 70s except spin which is at the default 35.

psusnoop
04-06-2012, 10:47 AM
I'm at 76 power, 76 putting and the rest at 73. Trying to keep it even till now and slowing building the power and putting.

whitehippo24
04-06-2012, 11:43 AM
Power at 80
Accuracy 78
Putting 78
Other are around 50

CLW
04-06-2012, 04:11 PM
Well hopefully that explains why my game has gone to shizzle compared to the group. I took a few days off and you guys caught up and blew by my golfer's skills. I think I am still in the 60s all across the board.

natcret
04-06-2012, 04:11 PM
sheesh...90's... I thought my 72 was anemic

JBHuskers
04-06-2012, 08:49 PM
Just finished round two of Play The Pros. I survived a dreadful 9 (+5) on hole 3 as I probably 6 putted :fp: I steadied myself and shot a -1 in the 2nd round to take a one stroke lead (-6) over Fred Couples and Jason Dufner.

natcret
04-07-2012, 10:37 AM
I am wondering where all the 360 players are?

skipwondah33
04-07-2012, 03:09 PM
I'm going to take a guess that this Augusta tourney is on Easy swing level or something because putts once again are being short even though I'm maxing out the meter. If someone can confirm so I can back out would be great

skipwondah33
04-07-2012, 03:13 PM
I'm going to take a guess that this Augusta tourney is on Easy swing level or something because putts once again are being short even though I'm maxing out the meter. If someone can confirm so I can back out would be great

Nvm just backed out on the 3rd hole almost certain it was after I just hit a 10 foot putt full power but still left it 3 feet short

JBHuskers
04-07-2012, 05:14 PM

There is a Tour Pro Play The Pros. It's in the Weekly Online Live Tournaments.

The daily one in our CC is something different. Today's daily is amateur difficulty at Augusta, tomorrow's is league settings.

JBHuskers
04-07-2012, 06:37 PM
Lots of shapes were drawn on the score card in the front nine of round three in Play The Pros at The Masters. But it was two eagles on the back nine, and a birdie on 18 that pushed me atop of the leaderboard by myself after a -4 round. I sit at -10 while Peter Hanson is a shot back at -9 and Phil Mickelson is two back at -8 going into the final round tomorrow.

JDFlakes
04-08-2012, 05:49 PM
August on Sunday -- damn you JB -- ok, I just finished playing Augusta and after the first hole saw that gschwendt finished -1......ah, I said to myself....I can beat that. @#$%@!! I think I finished +12.....AND I WAS SOBER !! Rustee

JBHuskers
04-08-2012, 05:58 PM
August on Sunday -- damn you JB -- ok, I just finished playing Augusta and after the first hole saw that gschwendt finished -1......ah, I said to myself....I can beat that. @#$%@!! I think I finished +12.....AND I WAS SOBER !! Rustee

Maybe you should have played it drunk :D

JDFlakes
04-08-2012, 06:14 PM
I think I could've scored better drunk !!!

JBHuskers
04-08-2012, 07:43 PM
In the final round at Augusta in the Play The Pros, I shot a wonderful 32 (-4) on the back nine to pull away from Bubba Watson and Louis Oosthuizen and win The Masters by five strokes at -15!

Now to play the Tailgate Golf CC daily at Augusta.

JBHuskers
04-08-2012, 08:32 PM
-3 in the final two holes after a hole out eagle on 17 and a birdie on 18 to finish at -7 at Augusta in the Country Club daily today.

JBHuskers
04-08-2012, 08:49 PM
I made the next weekly tournament 7 days long so it will be easier to get in. I myself had to hustle to get it in, playing one round yesterday afternoon, and two rounds at 3am after I got home from DJ'ing.

This week the weekly Live Tournament starts at 12 midnight on Tuesday (Tuesday will also be the starting point for our league during any given week) at Pebble Beach. Tour Pro. 2nd hardest wind settings. Expert pins.

Daily tournament added Tuesday, Tour Pro difficulty, expert pins at The Els Club.

skipwondah33
04-08-2012, 10:32 PM
418Well this is BS. -1 on the 2nd hole at Augusta and the game decides to freeze...so there goes my 1 time to play it..unbelievable.

JBHuskers
04-09-2012, 12:11 AM
By adding one more account into the Country Club to put us at 21, it bumped Tommy and Skip into Club Pro status. We'll have to make sure to play that Club Pro Invitational this week to try to get some coins and notoriety for our Country Club. You'll be able to find it within the Tourney section of the CC, probably towards the bottom. Once we fill up the Country Club, we can compete for Club Champion status and special tourneys too.

skipwondah33
04-09-2012, 08:44 AM
Sweet lol, I'll have to hop on tonight to play.

JBHuskers
04-09-2012, 10:19 AM
Sweet lol, I'll have to hop on tonight to play.

I'm not sure if the Club Pro Tournament starts today. You'll have to check in the tournament schedule, but I am pretty sure you, Tommy, and I are qualified.

skipwondah33
04-09-2012, 12:10 PM
Cool that works for me, wonder why

JBHuskers
04-09-2012, 12:13 PM
Cool that works for me, wonder why

Wonder why on what?

skipwondah33
04-09-2012, 02:06 PM
That we were promoted to Club Pro status

Wondered what that was based on

JBHuskers
04-09-2012, 02:32 PM
That we were promoted to Club Pro status

Wondered what that was based on

How many status points you earned for the week in the Country Club, along with the number of members in the Country Club. When there were just 20 in it, I was set to be the only one to get Club Pro status, but when I added the GamingTailgate PSN account to the Country Club, it bumped you and Tommy up to that level.

CLW
04-09-2012, 02:53 PM
Man my "Tin Cup" ways continue. I played pretty well this morning but 2 holes I went +13 or +14 which obviously killed my round.

:smh:

Need to get my golfer's ratings beefed up but he's still high 60s low 70s right now. Might have to spend some of my coins on XP Boost refills.

gschwendt
04-09-2012, 08:49 PM
Hole in one on #1 of today's daily... It's a par 4 :D

CLW
04-09-2012, 09:02 PM
Hole in one on #1 of today's daily... It's a par 4 :D

Yeah I left at least 6 shots out there. I figure -30 will be needed to win it.

JBHuskers
04-09-2012, 09:07 PM
Sorry Skip, I guess you didn't qualify for Club Pro this week. When I added another account to the CC, it showed us three, but somehow you got bumped down. Guess you'll just have to play more this week :D

And Tommy, that Club Pro tournament started today, four rounds, pro level, unlimited submissions I think. Coins will be given out. Last week there were about 260 players...the winner was about -83.

gschwendt
04-09-2012, 09:09 PM
I missed my eagle putt on 18 so I tied JB's -26, however won the tiebreaker. I left at least 3 strokes out there.

skipwondah33
04-09-2012, 10:03 PM
Played that Amateur tourney...was about to back out once I realized but figured I'd play it. Didn't realize until 7th hole that we could use spin...had to look in manual to know how

skipwondah33
04-09-2012, 10:04 PM
Sorry Skip, I guess you didn't qualify for Club Pro this week. When I added another account to the CC, it showed us three, but somehow you got bumped down. Guess you'll just have to play more this week :D

Well why'd you add another account? lol

JBHuskers
04-10-2012, 12:42 AM
Well why'd you add another account? lol

We're trying to fill the CC to qualify for Club Champion.

CLW
04-10-2012, 07:25 AM
We're trying to fill the CC to qualify for Club Champion.

Obviously the more real players the better but I'm sure I could talk peeps into just signing into the country club online that don't own the game if needed.

skipwondah33
04-10-2012, 07:27 AM
Yeah I just seen a whole lot of JB's aliases in there lol. If that were the case I could have just used my other tag on my PS3 to join.

JBHuskers
04-10-2012, 11:04 AM
Obviously the more real players the better but I'm sure I could talk peeps into just signing into the country club online that don't own the game if needed.

Yeah I just seen a whole lot of JB's aliases in there lol. If that were the case I could have just used my other tag on my PS3 to join.

If we have people that want to join, I can easily remove the extra accounts. You can use other tags to join the Country Club to help get us to 25. If you have people that want to join the Country Club, even better. But at the moment we just want to fill the CC so we can qualify for Club Champion and Club Pro. I'd definitely like a Country Club of 25 people that play regularly, but we don't have that many people that play the game, but if you know of anyone that wants to join after we fill up the CC, it takes just a couple minutes to make room.

CLW
04-10-2012, 11:12 AM
If we have people that want to join, I can easily remove the extra accounts. You can use other tags to join the Country Club to help get us to 25. If you have people that want to join the Country Club, even better. But at the moment we just want to fill the CC so we can qualify for Club Champion and Club Pro. I'd definitely like a Country Club of 25 people that play regularly, but we don't have that many people that play the game, but if you know of anyone that wants to join after we fill up the CC, it takes just a couple minutes to make room.

I'll hit my "peeps" up on PSN when I get home tonight.

Marlowe
04-10-2012, 11:46 AM
Need to get my golfer's ratings beefed up but he's still high 60s low 70s right now. Might have to spend some of my coins on XP Boost refills.

Lol I didn't notice the xp boost pin until this weekend. :fp:

CLW
04-10-2012, 01:54 PM
Lol I didn't notice the xp boost pin until this weekend. :fp:

Tip: SAVE them for when the powers that be set up a Daily on the Ladies Tees at the easiest settings (like yesterday). 5X the XP on a -20+ round is :easy:

natcret
04-10-2012, 04:22 PM
By adding one more account into the Country Club to put us at 21, it bumped Tommy and Skip into Club Pro status. We'll have to make sure to play that Club Pro Invitational this week to try to get some coins and notoriety for our Country Club. You'll be able to find it within the Tourney section of the CC, probably towards the bottom. Once we fill up the Country Club, we can compete for Club Champion status and special tourneys too.

JB, just want to confirm that this is for PS3 players?

JDFlakes
04-10-2012, 05:08 PM
The Els.... I sucked this afternoon on the Els. I just couldn't get the distance/tempo/wind adjustments right I finished +1

JBHuskers
04-10-2012, 05:25 PM
JB, just want to confirm that this is for PS3 players?

Yeah it is....but I guess it could be for 360 as well, if you get people to just join from the web.

skipwondah33
04-10-2012, 07:16 PM

I have a few guys that play from the Madden Community I am a part of. So I'll hit them up if we have room. Know 2 off top, others have it but they don't play micj

SCClassof93
04-10-2012, 07:28 PM
Yeah it is....but I guess it could be for 360 as well, if you get people to just join from the web.

I am interested in moving from the kid infested club I am in. Had no idea you guys were into golf as well as NCAA. Anyway, I wrote down the club name and password, will try to move over tonight if you still have a spot. I'm on ps3, Zooropa_Returns

JBHuskers
04-10-2012, 07:31 PM
I have a few guys that play from the Madden Community I am a part of. So I'll hit them up if we have room. Know 2 off top, others have it but they don't play micj

I am interested in moving from the kid infested club I am in. Had no idea you guys were into golf as well as NCAA. Anyway, I wrote down the club name and password, will try to move over tonight if you still have a spot. I'm on ps3, Zooropa_Returns

Awesome guys. If we fill up and need room, please let me know right away and I'll get remove one of the extra accounts.

JDFlakes
04-11-2012, 08:27 AM
Great news on getting new CC members!!

Roadhouse
04-11-2012, 06:52 PM
I'll hit my "peeps" up on PSN when I get home tonight.

MM_Roadhouse on PS3 can help out. Let me know what I have to do on my end.

CLW
04-11-2012, 09:05 PM
MM_Roadhouse on PS3 can help out. Let me know what I have to do on my end.

See the 1st post in this thread slacka! :smh:

JBHuskers
04-11-2012, 09:19 PM
Upcoming daily tournaments:

Thursday - Tournament Difficulty (no swing meter or green grid) - Royal Melbourne
Friday - League Settings - TPC Scottsdale

skipwondah33
04-12-2012, 02:27 PM

Thursday - Tournament Difficulty (no swing meter or green grid) - Royal Melbourne

Sweet..although I know we're playing the league with it on

JBHuskers
04-12-2012, 03:59 PM
I just confirmed with a dev, in order to make the Club Pro and Club Champion special weekly tournaments, you have to have that designation the week prior. Once you get it, you have to keep getting it in order to qualify.

natcret
04-12-2012, 05:33 PM

I ended up Even Par. Totally pumped as my last outing with those settings left me at +49. Needless to say, "practice does make perfect."

JBHuskers
04-12-2012, 07:21 PM
I ended up Even Par. Totally pumped as my last outing with those settings left me at +49. Needless to say, "practice does make perfect."

Nice bounceback! I'm -2 through 9 right now.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

JBHuskers
04-12-2012, 07:40 PM
Bunkers and bad putting got me on the back nine, finished at +5

psuexv
04-13-2012, 08:39 AM
I got booted while trying to play it last night. Was +1 through 8 though. I don't mind not having the swing meter. Not having it on putting was ok, but I to constantly short my shots to avoid overhitting. I should be able to take a longer swing at a nice gradual pace.

The one I found the most difficult was no green grid. It's pretty hard to read the slope of a green off of a TV screen.

CLW
04-13-2012, 09:21 AM
I got booted while trying to play it last night. Was +1 through 8 though. I don't mind not having the swing meter. Not having it on putting was ok, but I to constantly short my shots to avoid overhitting. I should be able to take a longer swing at a nice gradual pace.

The one I found the most difficult was no green grid. It's pretty hard to read the slope of a green off of a TV screen.

Yeah not having the putting meter and Green Grid makes it really hard to put. I 6 putted twice this morning and ended up with a +4 (I think). Missed a birdie put to tie Rusty on 18. :smh:

skipwondah33
04-13-2012, 09:30 AM
Hopefully this is still open when I get home..didn't get to play it last night. Know these types of tourney's will be far and few likely.

Also once JB sees we're shooting high enough scores removing the meter will be an option lol

JDFlakes
04-13-2012, 11:28 AM
On tournament conditions....I just closed my eyes and took the bandage off my thumb.....and prayed....and was able to get a respectable score.

JBHuskers
04-13-2012, 07:22 PM
Accidentally didn't make the weekly 7 days, only four. I'll be out for playing this week at Crooked Stick.

Roadhouse
04-15-2012, 06:33 AM
See the 1st post in this thread slacka! :smh:

You mean all the words???

Done. But I can't participate in any club that would have me as a member. Good luck!

SCClassof93
04-16-2012, 11:20 AM
Jb, I got in this morning and played a few rounds. Thanks for having me!

JBHuskers
04-16-2012, 12:06 PM
Jb, I got in this morning and played a few rounds. Thanks for having me!

Awesome! And Welcome! We'll be starting our league next week if you want to participate.

SCClassof93
04-16-2012, 12:11 PM
Awesome! And Welcome! We'll be starting our league next week if you want to participate.

Absolutely! Let me know what to do or if there is a thread with info, please.

JDFlakes
04-16-2012, 01:11 PM
Welcome to the CC SC !! Rustee-Irons

psuexv
04-16-2012, 01:36 PM
Absolutely! Let me know what to do or if there is a thread with info, please.

You should be able to find all of the info for the league Here (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?21-Tailgate-Golf-Association)

CLW
04-16-2012, 01:45 PM
How did you guys do last week in the Club Pro tourny (or whatever it is called)? Looks like I gotta represent this week. :fp:

JBHuskers
04-16-2012, 02:59 PM
How did you guys do last week in the Club Pro tourny (or whatever it is called)? Looks like I gotta represent this week. :fp:

You're in the Club Champion tournament this week, along with Rustee. I tried to make a late push, but still only made it to Club Pro, so I'll be playing in that tournament.

As for last week, I don't think Tommy played in it. I thought I had until after midnight Sunday (early Monday) to play my rounds.....NOPE, the fucker ends late Saturday/early Sunday, so I didn't get my final round in and was a DQ. After 3 rounds I sitting at around 30th place.

I'm going to try to knock out two rounds of the Club Pro tournament tonight, and two rounds on Saturday afternoon when I get back in town.

Good luck to you and Rustee in the Club Champion Tournament. I'll be keeping tabs.

CLW
04-16-2012, 03:41 PM
You're in the Club Champion tournament this week, along with Rustee. I tried to make a late push, but still only made it to Club Pro, so I'll be playing in that tournament.

As for last week, I don't think Tommy played in it. I thought I had until after midnight Sunday (early Monday) to play my rounds.....NOPE, the fucker ends late Saturday/early Sunday, so I didn't get my final round in and was a DQ. After 3 rounds I sitting at around 30th place.

I'm going to try to knock out two rounds of the Club Pro tournament tonight, and two rounds on Saturday afternoon when I get back in town.

Good luck to you and Rustee in the Club Champion Tournament. I'll be keeping tabs.

Odd I thought Rustee was the Club Champ and I was the Club Pro (or whatever). How are these "ratings" determined each week?

JBHuskers
04-16-2012, 04:11 PM
Odd I thought Rustee was the Club Champ and I was the Club Pro (or whatever). How are these "ratings" determined each week?

That's possible. Last week right before the cutoff Sunday night (early Monday) it said G, me, and Skip were Club Pros, but come the next day, Skip was bumped down one and only G & I were Club Pros. When I logged off last night it showed both of you as Club Champion. But maybe like Highlander, when it comes to Club Champion, there can only be one.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

JBHuskers
04-16-2012, 08:36 PM
Shot a -28 in today's daily....easily left 3 eagles on the table, but made up for it with a hole in one.

SCClassof93
04-17-2012, 06:03 AM
Which means you are 2nd best, at the very best :D

souljahbill
04-17-2012, 06:37 AM
Do you guys use created golfers or real golfers?

SCClassof93
04-17-2012, 07:22 AM

I use my profile golfer.

psusnoop
04-17-2012, 07:38 AM
I'll be online tonight, I haven't played this in a few days and you guys are going to pummel me if I don't get some of my attributes built up here.

psuexv
04-17-2012, 09:20 AM
Shot a -28 in today's daily....easily left 3 eagles on the table, but made up for it with a hole in one.

I freaking left at least 5 eagles out there. For some reason with those setting the putting meter was super slow and I kept getting a hitch in my backswing.

psuexv
04-17-2012, 09:21 AM

Created golfers. But we are shooting from the ladies tees so it's real easy to get on the green in one.

skipwondah33
04-17-2012, 09:37 AM
I freaking left at least 5 eagles out there. For some reason with those setting the putting meter was super slow and I kept getting a hitch in my backswing.Same problem...plus I forgot that spin was on again until the 3rd or 4th hole

Also didn't use any of the boosts..always skip past it.

You guys using any of those other than the XP one?

psuexv
04-17-2012, 09:42 AM
Same problem...plus I forgot that spin was on again until the 3rd or 4th hole

Spin for me is hit or miss since I never use it. Nice on the drives but I find myself spinning too much on the approach and put myself in a worse position.

Yeah it was a little nuts. I think I was putting for eagle on pretty much every hole except for the one par 5, a long par 4 and the par 3s.

gschwendt
04-17-2012, 09:50 AM
You guys using any of those other than the XP one?Aside from the XP one, the only boost I've ever used was in order to get the 400+ yard drive.

SCClassof93
04-17-2012, 10:22 AM
I found those eagles you guys left...and a double eagle. -29

JDFlakes
04-17-2012, 10:35 AM
I, like all of you, left at least three eagles out on the course.... but congrats to SCClass for his super round. Rustee

CLW
04-17-2012, 12:24 PM
Aside from the XP one, the only boost I've ever used was in order to get the 400+ yard drive.

How did you do that one? I've tried but the most I have ever driven the ball was like 340. Need a steroid boost for my profile golfer. :nod:

gschwendt
04-17-2012, 12:26 PM
How did you do that one? I've tried but the most I have ever driven the ball was like 340. Need a steroid boost for my profile golfer. :nod:Put it on Amateur, add the pin for +30 (to hopefully get you to 100 Power), set the course to Bethpage Black and set the wind to Gale Force. Eventually one of those holes you'll get the wind at your back. You'll also want to use overswing... though I drove it 445 so it may not be necessary.

JBHuskers
04-17-2012, 01:19 PM
There will not be a daily today, and maybe tomorrow. I'll try to resume them in the next couple of days.

SCClassof93
04-17-2012, 03:55 PM
I, like all of you, left at least three eagles out on the course.... but congrats to SCClass for his super round. Rustee

Thank you sir. Look forward to playing with you soon. psusnoop said he will be on tonight, so will I. Never played on am before that. Thanks to these forums I discoved the am/red tees/xp pin deal to level up fast. Stop :bang:on tourney and tour pro.

CLW
04-17-2012, 05:07 PM
There will not be a daily today, and maybe tomorrow. I'll try to resume them in the next couple of days.

:( :smh: :down: :fp: :rolleyes: :sick: :mad: :confused: :bang:

JBHuskers
04-18-2012, 12:45 PM
Daily's have been set up for tomorrow and Friday.

The next weekly is going to be set up Tuesday and will be the first week of league.

JBHuskers
04-18-2012, 12:47 PM
Saturday and Sunday set up too. Sunday will be Tournament difficulty at Augusta.

Since we took a day off from daily's, they now start at 12 midnight and end at 11:59.

natcret
04-20-2012, 07:41 PM
Zooropa, good game a my first ever on the PS3 head-to-head. Will definitely have a mic tomorrow. Anyone recommend a good one for the PS3?

steelerfan
04-21-2012, 02:12 AM
Zooropa, good game a my first ever on the PS3 head-to-head. Will definitely have a mic tomorrow. Anyone recommend a good one for the PS3?

I have the Sony PS3 bluetooth headset and it works just fine. I also have the Sony PS3 bluetooth stereo headphones and they are AWESOME! I love them.

Note though that any bluetooth headset can be used with the PS3. So if you have one for a cell phone, it can be paired to your PS3.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001BR95PW

http://m.gamestop.com/catalog/product/91191

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

SCClassof93
04-21-2012, 08:51 AM
Enjoyed it! Look forward to teaming with you against other clubs! Any bluetooth headset should work, but I got the one for ps3.

natcret
04-21-2012, 10:09 AM
Thanks guys for the suggestions.

SCClassof93
04-21-2012, 10:41 AM
BTW, we have 1 goal left to accomplish for the silver level. 25 hth matches with one another. Then we unlock gold. I should be back on by 12:30 est until 2-2:30, then back on around 7:30 until. Yes I am obsessed with the game :nod:

JDFlakes
04-22-2012, 01:26 PM
August on Tourney conditions did me in....I was only +1 at the turn....but three water balls and four putt greens did me in.... Rustee

JBHuskers
04-23-2012, 10:33 PM
Hope you enjoyed Ladies Tee Monday...with a twist today. I turned off the green grid on purpose this time.

I shot a -15, four shots over HuskerDan and Rustee. Still an hour and a half to get it in if you haven't tried it yet.

JDFlakes
04-24-2012, 08:35 AM
Boy's (and girls)...take the head covers off your clubs....league play begins. SADDLE UP !!